Displaying 6081 - 6100 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 305 of 306)

...

Question: Thank you for answering my question about the photo album. I read the book 'Who killed my daughter?" and it made me very sad. I hope your family is doing OK and that one day this case will be solved.
Izzy

Asked on Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 06:23:32 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Evidence

Question: Have you had any sucess in obtaining Kait's items through DA Brandenburg's office?

As a registered voter in Bernalillo County, is there anything I can do to help?

Asked on Friday, May 06, 2005 at 03:19:20 PM
Reply: The District Attorney is looking into the situation. She says that returning evidence is a complex issue, because if the case ever went to trial, the defense could claim that evidence that might have worked to benefit the defendant had been released without their having had a chance to examine it. When we told her we were told by police that Kait's case canít ever be prosecuted because of the 15-year statute of limitations on murder that was in effect at the time of the shooting, the DA said there might be special circumstances that could still allow charges to be brought, such as somethingís having prevented the investigation from moving forward in a timely manner. The example she gave was that the guilty party skipped town. However, we're hoping that might also apply to a situation in which somebody in authority derailed the investigation.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: I am a 17 yrs old going on 18 in June. Your book really interests me your daughter was 18 when this happened there are really sick people out there. How can someone do such a horrible thing I really hope this murder is solved because Kate deserves justice. It makes me so sad and sickened that someone could do such a thing. kait seemed like such a nice person it really makes me upset that they have not caught the person who did this. Is Dung really innocent I find that hard to believe but what do I know. What happened to him? What about her friend she was suppose to go stay at? How are you and your family dealing with this today? My heart goes out to you and your family I hope you are doing ok.

Asked on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 06:29:12 PM
Reply: We don't believe Dung did the shooting, but we believe that both he and Kait's girlfriend know more than they're saying and that either or both could solve this case if they weren't afraid of retaliation.

Our family is doing all right, but none of us will ever be the same.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Signs From Kait?

Question: Mrs Duncan,

I was wondering since you mentioned so many occurances where Kait's spirit led you directly to places, people or information, do you feel her in your life or her help anymore? I believe in help from beyond but I wonder if it dies down as time passes? Do you feel her presence now? I know you will never stop in your quest to find her murders, I have followed the book and this board for a while now and know your strength and determination. I have prayed for your family and for peace for Kait. Her story has affected my life because it could happen to anyone's daughter and the nightmare would then be theirs. All those involved will be judged by their maker but for your peace of mind I pray the crime is solved especially for sweet Kait's sake. (june from Denver Jbbug@aol.com)

Asked on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 04:40:13 PM
Reply: That's an interesting question. No, I don't feel her presence the way I did in the beginning. Back in 1996, when our private investigator consulted psychic detective Robert Petro, he did a trance reading and said, "First of all, what I feel is that this person, Kaitlyn, stayed attached to the physical plane to comfort the mother through a difficult time. Even today, the mother's getting a tremendous amount of support from the Other Side."

Of course, there's no way to be certain about anything like this. My personal feeling is that Kait's moved on to another realm now, but can still look back over her shouldeer, so to speak, and give input when it's needed.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Dung Nguyen

Question: There is an article in the online version of the LA times about a woman and her daughter found slain in their Orange County home. Their bodies were discovered by a former boyfriend of the mother. The paper names the boyfriend as Dung Nguyen. I wonder if this is the same Dung that dated your daughter.

Asked on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 at 07:18:47 AM
Reply: I feel sure it's not. Dung Nguyen is a very common Vietnamese name.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Pictures

Question: I can't find Kait's phto album that has the pictures of her from babyhood until she died. Where is it on the site?

Asked on Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 10:47:00 AM
Reply: The person who created that picture gallery for us was no longer able to maintain it.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Kait's killing

Question: I'm 13 and i am sad to hear what have happened to your daughter. I've read plenty of your books and loved each and everyone of the ones i've read. I've read who killed my daughter at the age of twelve....although i never finished reading it i am determined to help you through the killing's investigation from every pice of clue i read. I'll tell you anything that i might come up with because you never if it can help you or not. Your my favorite author and i love reading your scary books and i'm frustrated because you won't be able to write any new books until you find out who killed your daughter. So far i have an idea...here it is..............The map that kait's friend gave to kait to go to her house....did kait go through that same route to come to your house? If so, maybe her friend was associated with the killing also.

you can contact me at hottiefoeva101@yahoo.com plz read this and e-mail me back.

Asked on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 at 11:37:03 AM
Reply: We don't think the friend was involved in the murder, but we do believe she knows a lot more than she has told us.

Answered by: Kait's mother

Police cover-ups and other sick jokes

Question: To the Arquette family:

I have just read your site and my heart goes out to you.

I am currently working with retired Fort Worth P.D. Detective John Terrell on a 31 year old cold case murder investigation involving Carla Walker, who is a former classmate of mine. Her site may be viewed at:

As in your case, John and I have dealt with police who are reluctant to explore any other theories than their own. Unlike your case, we have, to our knowledge, NOT dealt with any police corruption, although it is my belief that incompetence is sometimes the worst form of corruption.

I have no idea the pain that you all have experienced; to say that "I know how you feel" would not only be a lie, but also a grave insult. You are undoubtedly strong people to t do what you have done in the wake of your daughter's murder .

Please know that you are yours will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, be safe, and may God bless.

Sergeant Jonathan Hutson
Tarleton State University Police Department
Stephenville, Texas

Asked on Friday, April 22, 2005 at 12:44:10 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind message, Sgt. Hutson. John Terrell has already been in touch with us, and we have posted a short description of Carla's case on our Real Crimes web site at realcrimes.com and have included the URL of your more detailed web site. As I told Detective Terrell in a personal e-mail, "I wish there were an investigator of your caliber on every homicide case."

Answered by: Kait's mother

You & your family are with me in my prayers!

Question: Dear mrs. Arquette,

I'm 13 and I just finished reading your book, " Who Killed My Daughter?", and I really liked it. It normally takes me about 2 weeks to finish books like that it took me about 2 1/2 days to finish your book. It really touched me and I cried alot throughout the book. Your family seemed like the perfect ,sweet loving family who had everything together and then yall lost one of the most important things and it all fell to peices. I don't know how something so tragic can happen to a family and beautiful daughter like yours! I dont know how anyone would ever be able to sleep at night after they murdered a young, innocent 18 yr. old who had dreams of living the wonderful life as a docor. I pray EVERY SINGLE night for your family! I wish I could just give your whole family a big hug right now. I know this has to be really hard on you guys because losing a best friend hurts alot but I cant imagine losing a wonderful daughter like Kait. She's your gaurdian angel watvhin over your family now... she is so proud of you and your husbands bravery to not give up no matter what happens. Mrs. arquette you and your whole family are in my prayers always and forever!! don't forget: Kait is still there even though you cant see her!!

I wish you the VERY BEST, p.s..... have they found the murderer?
with ALL my heart.
Amanda Staggs

Asked on Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 04:42:07 PM
Reply: You HAVE "given our whole family a big hug" with your lovely message. Thank you.

Answered by: Kait's mother

THE THINGS FROM KAIT'S DESK

Question: Posted by Kait's Parents:

In the wake of the Albuquerque Police Department's evidence room scandal, (see our response to a question on March 30), we submitted yet another request for Kait's personal belongings -- birth certificate, driverís license, checkbook registers, school papers, personal telephone books, snapshots, letters, poems and other writings, etc. -- to be returned to us. We've been requesting their return since 1990.

Captain Larry Sonntag, who is temporary supervisor of the APD Evidence Room while it's going through its time of chaos, actually did take the time to locate Kait's belongings -- which miraculously ARE still there, unlike so much else! -- and told us to send a request for their return to the District Attorney, Kari Brandenburg. We did that yesterday. So maybe, after all this time, we will be getting Kait's things back. It will be interesting to see if anything is missing, and if so, what.

Asked on Thursday, April 07, 2005 at 05:28:21 AM

Kaitlyn Arquette murder [From:ndn183]

Question: I have just finished reading the book "Who Killed My Daughter", and I was horrifed at the actions of the APD. It seemed a coverup from the beginning.
To me it seemed very likely that someone very high up didn't want this case to be solved. The inadaquencies of the policework both frustrated and angered me.
I would like to know if the family knows where Dung is now? And if they have forgiven him for his possible involvment in their daughter's murder?

Asked on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 at 06:57:03 AM
Reply: We will never forgive Dung for not coming forward with what he knows. Whether or not he was involved in the circumstances leading to Kait's murder, we know he was there when it happened, because he was phoning people and hysterically telling them, "Kait's dead! They shot Kait!" three hours before police went to his/Kait's apartment and "woke him up" to give him the news. He could solve this case. But he refuses to do so.

the tally keeper

Question: Hello Ms.Arquette, I was wondering when you are going to post an excerpt from the Talley Keeper? And when you can update the web site on any new info on kate's case? Thank you and God Bless you and your family

Asked on Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 10:40:29 PM
Reply: You're right, it is time for us to do some more updating. We'll try to get to that soon.

Message for Teens & Parents

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I am a Young Adult Librarian for a public library system near Baltimore. As part of my job, I facilitate a Parent/Teen Book Club. This month, all members will be reading, Who Killed My Daughter-a book I have recommended, booktalked, displayed & marketed since its pub. in 1992, to make sure Kait's story remains in the public's consciousness. The club members will also be reading their choice of one of the following: A Gift of Magic, Stranger With My Face, or Don't Look Behind You. When booktalking any of The Lois Duncan Collection, I let people know why you were appalled by the film version of I Know What You Did Last Summer, and read portions of your editoral to SLJ at your outrage when the film was released. Is there anything you would like me to impart or convey to the Book Club on your behalf, as it relates to the search for Kait's killers, the book itself (and its upcoming sequel), or any other message you would like the parents or the kids to know? As someone who works directly with ages 11-17, I have a unique venue to speak to kids, and hopefully make a difference. Nothing pleases me more than when I get to introduce someone to your body of work. I wish you and your whole family only the best. Please know there are many of us out there that, thru your words, feel the loss of Kaitlyn too, and hope and wish for the proper ending to Kait's story that she, and you, deserve. With affection, Stefan M. Freed in MD. P.S. If the kids have questions related specifically to your fiction, is there a more appropriate place where they could direct their queries, rather than this msg board? Many thanks!

Asked on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 10:08:33 PM
Reply: Thank you for introducing your students to my work, Stefan, and a special thank you for having them read WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. If your students would like to contact me directly, they can send me a personal e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com. I try to respond to every e-mail I receive, (though occasionally I have computer problems, or my replies bounce for some reason known only to the Internet gremlins).

Answered by: Lois Duncan

Danielle D. Again

Question: Hello, this is Danielle D. again (12 going on 13). My mom is great, thank you for saying that. I just wanted to say something and get it out there. All the evidence I think points to Dung and "Sharon". Both of them fled from Alburqeurki, and bothed had changed their stories multiple times. Dung had a reason for killing Kait. Kait knew about the crime ring, and she was going to turn them in. All of their money would be gone, their secret would be revealed, and they would go to jail for life maybe. Kait was going to do the right thing. Also, when Dung called I think your son, he had said, "THEY shot (killed) Kait!". Not, "Kait was shot!" or, "Kaits dead!". I don't understand why the police didn't look further into this crime, it just really upsets me that their lazyness resulted in Kait's killer getting away. Do you have any idea where Dung fled to? You probably wouldn't be able to release tha information, but I am just wondering. And did they (police, investigators) ever find out who "Sharon" "Smith" was? I think that Dung and his gang killed Kait, my instincs just tell me that. It's my gut feeling. I don't know how you feel about Dung, but I think that he had the reason, the motive, connections, and the weapons. I hope that this mystery is solved soon. I'm deeply sorry also.

All my prayers and love,
Danielle Doepke

doepkegirls@comcast.net

Asked on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 at 01:10:42 PM
Reply: Dung fled to the Pacific Northwest after my book came out, but returned after the dust settled. He brought with him a new girlfriend. I believe they currently live in Albuquerque. Sharon moved out of state. I do know where she is, but do not devulge that information as we're concerned about her safety. The police questioned her immediately after the shooting, but I don't think they have spoken to her since.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Sequel

Question: When does the sequel to "Who Killed My Daughter" come out. I am very intrested in reading it. I can't belive in a country like we are suppose to be living in justice is not being served. I am very sorry for your loss and all you are going through. It is un real how you have been treated. Isn't it A&E that has a show called "Cold Case Files" maybe Kait's storie could be featured on it. Where can I go to read more about the things going on with the APD? Thankyou for your time. In that book I came to admire and love you for what you are doing. Some day I am sure Kait will be able to thank you for all you have done for you. May God bless you!! You are in my prayers.
Will Ward, 15
Clinton, AR

Asked on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 at 10:47:03 AM
Reply: "The things going on with the APD" are all over the Internet these days! Just feed "Albuquerque Police Department" into a search engine, and you'll find out more than you ever wanted to know.

A courageous APD sgt. recently came forward with information about large quantities of money, jewelry, drugs, and guns "disappearing" from from the APD evidence room, and important evidence being destroyed. This apparently has been going on for years, and the Top Brass has been covering it up. When that scandal broke, officers started turning on each other, denying blame and implicating others.

The mayor recently told the media, "When you have a department where there are accusations, counter-accusations, lieutenants accusing captains, captains accusing deputy chiefs, deputy chiefs accusing captains, that is a department in disarray."

The police chief's head was the first to roll. He "retired" and is being replaced.

We've submitted yet another request for Kait's personal belongings -- birth certificate, driverís license, checkbook registers, school papers, personal telephone books, snapshots, letters, poems and other writings, etc. -- to be returned to us before they too "disappear." We've been requesting their return since 1990, but APD has kept insisting they are "evidence." (Evidence of a "random drive-by shooting"?!!!)

We hope they still exist.

Albuquerque Crimestoppers

Question: Dear Mrs Arquette-
Has Kait's story ever been featured on the Albuquerque's Crime Stoppers program or on their web-site? I find it ironic that this city of ALL cities is where Crime Stoppers originated. I have been after the Crimestoppers in my city of South Bend, In., since 1994 to feature the murder of my nephew. All I've ever gotten is one empty promise after another. Best of luck to you in YOUR quest for justice. You are an inspiraton to me.
Roberta

Asked on Monday, March 28, 2005 at 04:21:11 PM
Reply: Kait's case was featured on the Albq. Crime Stoppers program at the time of the shooting. But that's way behind us now. And the result was not a good one. A caller implicated the Hispanic suspects, saying there was an eye-witness who saw them shoot Kait. The caller collected her money, but the alleged "eye-witness" turned out to have been in jail on the night of the shooting.

I'm so sorry about your nephew.

Happy Easter Arquette family:)

Question: Hi Mr. and Mrs. Arquette and family,

I hope your family is having a happy Easter. I continue to hope and pray this case will be resolved. The people who murdered Kait and the people that know about it, I just can't understand how they sleep at night. Good people like your family shouldn't going through this.

Please, if anyone knows what happened to Kait, turn yourself in and clear your conscience. Don't let this family go through anymore pain.

To the APD, please help this family, they have been through enough.

Don't give up hope, this can't go on forever and I know Kait is proud of your family. Again, I hope your family is having a happy and peaceful Easter:)

Take care, Rachel S.
rachels1999@hotmail.com

Asked on Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 01:24:54 PM
Reply: Thank you for your support. If you're not from Albuquerque, you're probably not aware of this, but the APD are having serious problems of their own right now. Whistleblowers (honest cops) within their own ranks have gone public with information about "thousands of dollars in cash, drugs, guns, jewelry and other high dollar items" that have mysteriously disappeared from the APD evidence room. They also say evidence was destroyed and that "APD management has helped to cover up the crimes."

Let's pray for a whistleblower from the homicide department.

Deeply Truly Sorry

Question: Hello, this is Danielle D. and I'm 12 going on 13 and I am doing a report on your daughter for Language Class. In the library I picked up the book that you wrote, "Who killed my daughter?", and I haven't been able to put it down since. I am deeply sorry for your family's loss. I know how hard it is to loose a loved one, especially a daughter or sibling. You probably hear that a lot, and might think "How can they know what I'm feeling?" I've heard that voice also. I don't understand how somebody could be so heart less and cruel to kill an innocent girl, a child. What really gets me is that the police didn't really bother to look into the crime and really get into the whole reasons behind it! Nobody deserves to die like that, and nobody deserves to have to live with a hole in their hearts. I am again deeply sorry. I know that Kait knows that you love her and you wish that she was here. Just try to remember that she is in heaven, and she loves you. I'm starting to sound like my mom. I truly hope that Kait's killer is found, and punished for this horrible crime. It's just amazing how somebody could have so much hatered in their hearts to do such a thing to a, what I have learned, kind, understanding, innocent girl. My prayers are with you, and I hope that this mystery is solved soon.

With all my love, thoughts, prayers, wishes, and hugs,
Danielle D

doepkegirls@comcast.net

Asked on Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 11:09:28 AM
Reply: Thank you, Danielle. If you "sound like your mom," your mom must be pretty great.

Amazing story...

Question: Hi. My name is Courtney. I am 13 years old and just finished reading Who Killed My Daughter.....I was very suprised at the end of the book to not know who commitied this crime. I can not imagine what it must feel like dealing with the loss of someone you dearly love and care for, as I have not experienced it, yet. Kaitlyn, as you wrote about her, seemed like such a nice person that you would never expect something so horrifying to happen to her. As I read your book, all the went through my mind was, "How could someone do such a thing?" and "How could someone think it was random?!" The book just amazed me! I will be checking out more books with your name on the cover more often! If you would like to email me with updating facts or just email me You may send an email to:

Love2singalldatime@yahoo.com

I hope that justice will be served very soon. I am very sorry for you loss of Kaitlyn. I am sure she is very, very proud of you for all you have done to help bring the people who did this to her to justice.

I look forward to reading more of your books in the future.

With Love,
Courtney

Asked on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 01:24:53 AM
Reply: Thank you, Courtney.

Answered by: Kait's mom

General

Question: I am deeply saddened by your loss. It is very unfortunate that I am just learning of Kaitlyn and what your family went through. All I can say is that I know what it feels like to lose a loved one, but not one who was taken the way that your daughter was; this saddens me deeply. It upsets me to no degree to hear that the investigation team and the officers of Albuquerque are so neglectful and shameful that they can not properly uphold their code of conduct and be honorable people. I am a 33 year old Mom of 3 (1 boy, 2 girls) and I recently went back to school to get my Associates in Criminal Justice for reasons known to myself. In my heart, I know that I will never be someone who turns the other cheek or goes against my code of conduct. I am only apologetic that I can not be in NM to help work this case and maybe do some damage control. I am so furious that there are so many kids getting killed today, no matter what the reason, because someone has a vendetta. For these reasons I am going to do my best to be the best Investigator the criminal field has ever had. I wish you all the best and truly hope that you find the answers you so desperately are searching for. God will punish whoever did this to your daughter far worse than we could ever imagine. One way or another justice will be served. My prayers are with you and your family. Kaitlyn was absolutely beautiful!!!

from a CSI hopeful (WA State)

Asked on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 11:38:09 PM
Reply: How wonderful to know that somebody like you is going to become involved in helping families like ours find justice! I WISH YOU LIVED IN NEW MEXICO!

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next