Displaying 6061 - 6080 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 304 of 306)

Susan Smith

Question: Was Susan the phony girlfriend used to set up Kait?

Cindy in SD

Asked on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 01:03:46 PM
Reply: I would like to believe not, but we don't know.

Updates

Question: I just finished reading "who killed my daughter" as well as the updates that are available on various web sites. I was hoping something from this year (2005) Am I not looking in the right places?
My heart goes out to Kaits family .. God bless you

Lisa Newsome

Asked on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 06:50:15 AM
Reply: We stopped posting updates when the APD Cold Case detective reopened Kait's case, because we didn't want to do anything that might interfere with his investigation. But that detective has now been transferred out of Cold Cases, so, unless somebody else at APD takes over the investigation, we'll go back to posting updates.

Police who Stonewall

Question: I thought just small town police did this sort of thing. I pray that your family will finally get justice served. I've read Lois Duncan books ever since my daughter was little and got hooked. Then she would give the books to me so I could read. For this to happen to any family is appalling. The shody police work was not totally unbelievable. I had hoped the FBI would have taken over. It's too bad the families and others have to do the job of the police.

Kalyn Thomas, Kansas

Asked on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 06:34:58 AM
Reply: Take a look at our Real Crimes site at www.realcrimes.com. It is a true eye-opener in regard to what's going on in police departments nationwide.

Just finished reading book

Question:
Dear Arquette Family,

I am the mother of 4 young children and can never seem to finish reading book at all, yet just finished reading your book cover-to-cover over a period of several hours. Your bond with your daughter has transcended earthly ties, and I am hoping you can tell me do you still experience Kait in the ways described in the book. or has she fulfilled her small soul's mission and experiencing something greater beyond this tragic event - it is evident that she was defined by more than just this event and seemed to mature despite the tragic event.
LM

Asked on Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 09:11:15 PM
Reply: I do not have "visitation dreams" in the same way I did in the beginning. However, I do occasionally get "message dreams," with visual images and text. I don't know if those messages come from Kait or some other source of intelligence, but the information contained in them is almost always accurate. My personal feeling is that Kait has moved and is no longer attached to earthly situations as she once was, but can still look back over her shoulder.

Kait's belongings

Question: I am curious to know if Kait's belongings have been returned. I noticed in a previous post that you have someone in the PD that verified her things were there despite you being told they were destroyed & wondering if they have given anything to you as of yet. I know for a fact that PD's can take pictures & document each item and get it back to you so what is their problem for all these years?

I know as a mother I would want everything of my daughters back in my hands so I could cherrish it. I am wondering if there is something there that might hold some clues that would mean something to you. My only child, my daughter, (22) is going off to the Air Force to fight for our country. As you can imagine I am proud yet very scared. I know if something happens I will be devistated and can't even imagine how you feel losing Kait. I have followed your story for quite a while & still pray for your pain to ease with the killers identy to be known by you. I want to see justice for your pain & Kait's life. June

Asked on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 01:51:52 PM
Reply: As of now, the police still have not returned the things from Kait's desk. Like you, we wonder what's in there that they don't want us to have access to. Certainly nothing that points to a "random drive-by shooting."

May God be with your daughter.

Judge John Brennan

Question: As seen on JOEMONAHAN.COM-Friends of the former judge report that he is now living in Sacramento, CA. Mr. Brennan has taken a job with longtime friends, the billionaire Maloof family.

My own thoughts are-I would never hire a person with a known drug habit
to work for me. Would you?

Asked on Sunday, May 29, 2005 at 05:38:00 PM
Reply: From what we are told, Judge Brennan's very close friendship with Mrs. Maloof goes back a long way.

Answered by: Kait's parents

tally keeper

Question: hi lois, just want to say I am an avid reader of "who killed my daughter" and would love to see the tally keeper. is it still coming out? when can we expect it?

Asked on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 02:55:09 PM
Reply: when I get an ending.

Still Praying

Question: Hi Lois and family,
I have been following the case for many years now and have received a letter from Lois a while back. I am constantly hoping that Kait's killer will be found. I think there should be no statute of limitations on murder or other violent crimes. Why should we reward criminals just because they were ablt to hide better than others. My prayers are with you and I know God will bring Kait's killer's to justice, maybe not for us to see but it will happen, if it hasn't already. Best wishes and my prayers are with you. You have my utmost respect for all that you've done not only for Kait but for families of other victims....Stay strong.
(From: Tina Swayze...Hamilton Canada...exi74@hotmail.com

Asked on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 10:20:04 AM
Reply: Watching the Albuquerque Police Department collapsing under one scandal after another is exposed by honest cops, we keep praying for a whistle-blower from the homicide department to make himself/herself known to us. If that happens, we guarantee that we will protect that person's identity

miss and kiss

Question: i hope you will always remember her in a good and loving way hugs and loves your secret person!@#$%^&*()

Asked on Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 11:34:16 AM
Reply: We will.

hi again

Question: do you miss her

Asked on Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 11:32:38 AM
Reply: More than you can imagine.

hi

Question: i hope you have another child to replace her

Asked on Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 11:30:25 AM
Reply: No other child will ever replace a child you lose.

singing

Question: she sings really good

Asked on Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 11:21:43 AM
Reply: She was just a little girl then. But she loved performing. She was a ham.

real crimes

Question: My prayer for your family is that your work, along with that of the families profiled on the Real Crimes website, will eventually change the inner workings of law enforcement everywhere.

Lori from Texas

Asked on Monday, May 16, 2005 at 09:54:16 AM
Reply: When I wrote "Who Killed My Daughter?" I had no idea if a book without an ending would ever be published, much less read by the public. So, I asked the psychic Betty Muench, who does readings by automatic writing, "What, if Anything, will be the Significance of Who Killed My Daughter?"

This was the reading she did in response to that question:

5/29/92: This book is to fulfill its purpose. This will not have been only to find the murderer, but this will also have been a tribute by this one mother to this one child, and this will extend beyond this lifetime.
The book will reach out to many people in many ways. There will be people who will find affinity in the loss of a child, and others who will find affinity in the inappropriate behaviors of police and crime solvers. There will come much attention to this aspect of the book all over the country, and there will be much come out of that for the betterment of policemen all over."

I hope that last statement was right.

Answered by: Lois Duncan Arquette

A few words...

Question: Mrs. Arquette,

I am so sorry about Kait. I have been following this story for a long time. Maybe now that the Police Chief has been relieved of his duties, something positive will happen.

Please know that there are people that want to see justice done for Kait. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. This is really a simple case, but obviously the PD want to protect people who don't deserve being protected.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Asked on Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 02:33:51 PM
Reply: The police chief is not a problem in himself, because they're interchangeable. This most recent police chief, Gilbert Gallegos, (who has now been forced into early retirement by the evidence room scandal), was not the chief at the time of Kait's murder. That chief was Sam Baca.

We've now come to realize that the police chief is nothing more than a figurehead. He has nothing to do with investigations.

god bless

Question: These things happen everyday to people. They loose someone who is just so just unbearible. These things happen everyday and of course we dont think about them. But look how many people care so much about this one tragic murder. This is how tragic every murder is, im sure. its just so weird how we feel so much for this single one and yet this happens to people around the world.

Asked on Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 04:24:58 PM
Reply: That’s an excellent post. Thank you.

Our family was fortunate because I was already established as a mystery writer and was able to convince my publisher to publish Kait’s true story, even though it didn’t have an ending. Most people whose children are murdered are not able to do that. So their equally tragic stories get buried and forgotten.

To give other such cases public exposure, my husband and I (in conjunction with Tom Arriola who created the “Crime Scene Evidence Files” web site) created and maintain the Real Crimes site at www.realcrimes.com. I want every one of you to go there and read those case reports.

Once you do that, you're going to want to help those families, and here's a way to do it: (1) Read the case reports carefully and make notes about important points in the stories. (2) Make a note of every “death date.” (3) Go onto the Net and find contact information for the newspapers and TV stations in the towns where the murders took place or where the victim lived. (4) About three weeks prior to the anniversaries of those deaths, print out a copy of the case report as written by the victim’s family and add your own cover letter, addressing the important points that you identified and requesting that a reporter do an update of the case on the anniversary of the death. If reporters want contact information, they can e-mail us (there’s an e-mail envelope on the web site) and we’ll put them in direct touch with the families. (5) Mail copies to every media contact you’ve located. (6) Ask everybody you know to do the same.

If we can't get justice for Kait, perhaps, working together, we can get it for somebody else.

it

Question: I just saw all of these messages and it really makes me happy that your family has been able to gain the support of all of these people. I'm 13 years old and I just happen to randomly pick your book out from the library and before this I didn't read a lick but now I've finally started to enjoy it. You're such a hero in so many ways. You and your family are just so great.

Asked on Thursday, May 12, 2005 at 04:15:42 PM
Reply: We feel blessed by having so much support.

Re: supposed email from Dung

Question: I can't believe that revealing information about an email address would violate the self-proclaimed killer's "civil rights", yet it's OK to put 2 bullet holes in Kait. What about HER civil rights?!

What a disgusting double standard.

On another, much nicer note, I bought a copy of "DADDY PROMISES" at a Barnes & Noble. (For those who don't know, the author is Lois' daughter, Kerry.) Congratulations to her on a very well written story.

[teacherinpa]

Asked on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 10:33:43 AM
Reply: Thank you for liking Kerry's book. We are so proud of all of our children.

Answered by: Kait's and Kerry's mom

happy mothers day

Question: Mrs Arquette, I wanted to wish you and both of your daughters a very happy mothers day. Im sorry its a day late.

Asked on Monday, May 09, 2005 at 08:58:03 PM
Reply: Thank you.

an update

Question: Mr.and Mrs Arquette, when do you think you will be updating the web site? And adding to the "tally Keeper"? I'm sure im not the only person awaiting the release of this new book to find out all of the new info your family has uncovered. I was also wondering if you ever found out who the vip's were that KRQE had reported about. Hope all is well, and keep the faith!!

God Bless

Asked on Monday, May 09, 2005 at 08:56:38 PM
Reply: I'm feeling overloaded right now, and I don't know how long it will take to do the things I want to do. sorry I can't be more explicit.

Dung's email to

Question: Subject: Get over it, I killed her. Date: Tue, 08 Dec, 1998, 05:40:48 PST From: "Dung Nguyen" (e-mail address)

Hey it's me, Would you please stop printing stuff about me!!!!! Everyone thinks I killed Kait. So big deal (my friends) blew the fuck out of her brains. Get over it. She a ugly girl.
_____________________________________________
Is this really from Dung? I can hardly believe that he sent this to you. And the police did nothing. I wish your family the best of luck and that your case is helping many other families of murder victims.

Asked on Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 11:56:54 AM
Reply: We have no idea if it was really from Dung. Both APD and the FBI told us that determining the source of an e-mail is impossible. When we contacted Hotmail directly, described our dilemma, and asked if it was technically possible to determine the source of the e-mail, they told us they could do that, but only if they received a subpoena from law enforcement. They could not provide information to the murder victim’s parents, as that would violate the self-proclaimed killer’s right to privacy.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next