Displaying 6041 - 6060 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 303 of 306)

kaitlin arquette murder case

Question: i just read jois duncan's book and i am in such disbelief of how her case was handled. my heart goes out to kaitlin's family. I am raising two children and it is so scary to think of what trouble they can find themselves in without realizing the magnatude(sp?) of it . i hope that her killers are brought to justice. thank you for sharing your story.

Asked on Sunday, July 31, 2005 at 09:30:07 AM
Reply: And thank you for reading it. Life is scary out there for our kids. And for us.

Cold Case

Question: I guess I really don't have a question, just a person going through the same thing my brother was murdered Oct. 4, 2003. And just like you all the information that APD got they got from either me mom or me. It is now a cold case and the Don Roberts was our Cold Case Detective too, and the way it looks from here is frustrating. It actually takes talking to the mayors office or anyone who listen to get a fire under their butts. My brother was murdered on Sunny Saturday afternoon in his apartment complex he actually died in surgery at UNMH. It is very frustrating because I know there are people out there who know what happened to him, and as with your case when this gets solved I know the person who killed my brother will have been someone he knew, or at that fact someone we all knew. I hope that one day all of these cold cases will be solved. Until then we will all search for clues to who killed our loved ones.

Heather

Asked on Friday, July 29, 2005 at 03:48:14 PM
Reply: Heather, please, contact us directly at loisduncan@arquettes.com to share information about your brother's case. It's possible we might be able to help each other with our personal investigations.

The honest and dedicated investigator, Don Roberts, at the APD Cold Case Unit, was abruptly transferred to another unit when he started to zero in on Kait's case.

Why, we don't know. Do you?

Is it possible he was finding out too much about mishandled cases?

Dung far from inocent!

Question: Mrs. Duncan, have you ever considered a wrongfull death suit against Dung? Seeing as how he and his friends were involved in drugs and insurance scams and he undeniably, and knowingly, put your daughter's life in danger both by involving her in the insurance scam and by having his crooked friends hang out at her apartment. If nothing else, such a suit would bring new attention to the case and just might force new facts to be revealed and old ones to be admitted to by the police. Just and idea, but one worth considering.
Scincerely, Norm Laws

Asked on Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 07:20:53 PM
Reply: We've consulted several attorneys about what our legal options are. None of them wanted to be involved in a wrongful death suit against either Dung, the Hispanic suspects, or Paul Apadaca, (the man with a long record of violent attacks on women who was standing next to Kait's car when the first APD officer arrived at the scene).

Those attorneys told us that there was nothing for them to gain by suing somebody with no financial assets.

Answered by: Kait's mom

not enough attention to case

Question: I was wondering if it bothers you that some cases,like lacey peterson,the alabama teen in aruba,the lady in utah,elizabeth smart and others get so much .media attention,but yet kait gets none,I do not think this is fair.who makes up the rules as to who get all the media time.nancy grace is always on her high horse about viticms rights why is she not helping your family.i have posted on this site for almost 4 years.and there is very little new information. please up date more often.i use to come to kait site every week.but as time goes by i come less often.my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
ponch_2860@yahoo.com

Asked on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 at 10:14:50 PM
Reply: Kait's murder got far more publicity than most such cases, because I was fortunate enough to be in a position to write a book and therefore got thrust onto national TV shows, (Larry King, Good Morning America, Unsolved Mysteries, etc.) So our family can't complain about a lack of media attention. But media attention lasts all of five seconds. Then another, fresher, story replaces it.

What breaks our hearts are the thousands of cases, just as deserving as Kait's, that get NO attention at all. Sometimes not even an obituary in a local newspaper. (Please, read the cases at our web site at www.realcrimes.com.) Those murdered children were just as important as our own child, and those families are suffering just as we are. NOBODY EVEN LOOKS AT THEM!!!

kait

Question: i just wanted you to know that i'm sorry for your loss. as a fan of your books throughout my teens and now. i pray that you will be able to get closure and lay your daughters memory to rest in peace.

Asked on Monday, July 18, 2005 at 01:32:33 PM
Reply: Thank you.

FROM KAIT'S PARENTS

Question: Tomorrow, July 16, 2005, is the 16th anniversary of our daughter, Kait's, murder. Despite all the obstacles in our path, we have not given up on our search for the truth about what happened to her, and here is one reason why we haven't,(there are many others, but this is the one we feel a need to share with you on this particular day).

Our family has a tradition that, at sunset, on the anniversaries of Kait's birth and death, each member of our family, wherever they may be, lights a candle to bring light her spirit and to let her know how much we still love her. So we're bound together in that ceremony, even if we're not together physically.

About ten years ago, our oldest daughter, Robin, who was in Washington state with her boyfriend (now our son-in-law), slipped into their bedroom on July 16 to light a candle and say a prayer. The candle was on one side of the dresser, and Kait's framed photo was on the opposite side of the dresser. Several feet of distance between them. When Robin lit the candle, she heard what sounded to her like a gunshot, and whirled around to see that the glass on Kait's picture had split straight across her face, creating a huge crack that started at the point where the first bullet entered her head. Robin immediately phoned us to say, "Kait says for us to hang in here, because we're going to CRACK this case!"

We believe that. Because we believe in the messenger.

Don and Lois, Kait's parents
Robin, Kerry, Brett and donnie, Kait's sisters and brothers

Asked on Friday, July 15, 2005 at 03:07:30 PM

kait arquette

Question: I was wondering when you are going to give an update on your family's on going case? Have you heard anything from APD? We hope you had a great fourth of July holiday

Asked on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 03:03:41 PM
Reply: Kait's sister, Robin, is going to redesign the web site and we will be adding new material at that time.

No, we've heard nothing more from APD. The Cold Case detective who took a sincere interest in Kait's case was abruptly transferred from the Cold Case Squad to the Pedophile Unit before he could do any investigation. So, we're back to Square One.

Greta van Sustern

Question: I know I misspelled her name. The closest that I could get to an email address for her is to her show, On the Record.

ontherecord@foxnews.com

Asked on Sunday, July 03, 2005 at 11:05:00 PM

Just Checking on everything.

Question: Hi!
I'm 16 and I used to write often about three years ago.I'm afraid I haven't been able to check and see how you were doing with the case.I wanted to know if there were any recent developments in the case?Have you figured out anything what so ever?I personally think that the boyfriend still had something to do with her murder.But I could be wrong considering I haven't been on th site for three years.I hope you and your family are doing a lot better since the last time I got a reply from you.I know how it feels to lose someone close to you.I to lost four people in the past 6 months.I hope you are able to find out who done this terrible crime so they can be punished.Until next time.

Shandi

Asked on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 03:57:49 PM
Reply: Thank you, Shandi. I'm so sorry about your losses.

Just a comment...

Question: I don't have a question, just a comment. Lois, I have always loved your books. As a young girl I would check them out of the library at school and read them over and over. You were (and are) one of my favorite authors. But when I saw you had a new book coming out and it detailed the story of your daughter's murder, well, I had to buy it. I read that book cover to cover in a very short amount of time and it has to this day remained with me. I have kept the book and I often think about Kait. When I was young I felt a kinship to you because we shared the same last name - Duncan. But after reading Kait's story I have also felt one with her, I guess because we are about the same age. Every once in awhile I will see the book and I will think of what my life is like now and how Kait's might have turned out had she not been murdered. It breaks my heart to think about it. I am truly sorry for your loss, for all you and your family have been through and are still going through. I hope one day to read your next book detailing the capture and conviction of Kait's killers. I hope knowing that so many people have you, your family and Kait in their prayers will give you some peace - and the continued strength to keep going in search of answers. All my best ~Kara~

Asked on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 09:20:20 AM
Reply: It's caring people like you who do give us hope.

Hi

Question: I just fnished reading your book, loved it! I live in Albuquerque and recently found a site that is frequented by a lot of Albuquerque police oficers. Have you tried searching for clues there?

Asked on Monday, June 27, 2005 at 06:31:20 PM
Reply: We will start doing so right now.

Who Killed My Daughter?

Question: My mom and I just finished reading Who Killed My Daughter?, and that is absolutely horrible. I still can't believe it, or that it hasn't been solved mainly because the case is older than I am (I am only 14). I have a couple of questions....Was Rod the guy who left the bouquet of flowers at Kait's grave? If so, did he ever come forward with any information? I am going to continue to follow this website. I really hope you figure out who killed your daughter. I am really sorry.

Asked on Sunday, June 26, 2005 at 07:28:53 PM
Reply: Yes, Rod was the person who left the flowers. We've since discovered that he left flowers at Kait's grave every single Friday. After reading my book, he did contact us with information, but it wasn't the information we hoped for. He was not involved in the murder or in the circumstances surrounding it.

Just a thought...

Question: I know you have many contacts in many places and have thought of and tried many different angles... but, I am a big fan of the Fox News channel and of Greta Van Susteren. She tends to be intrigued (for the lack of a better word) with these types of cases. Possibly she would be willing to give you some air time? Then again... Maybe you are not interested in that.

I was very capitivated by the book (which I just finished about 2 hours ago) and have just spent the evening searching the website for new developements since the book was written. Keep up your search. I admire your strength and tenacity. What courage! You are facing so many obstabcles and so many dangers, more than we know I am sure.

May God bless you and yours.

Asked on Thursday, June 23, 2005 at 09:02:16 PM
Reply: We are interested in any exposure we can get, not only for Kait's case but for all the cases on realcrimes.com. But we are finding it hard to find contact information for people like Greta Van Susteren.

Kait Arquette murder case

Question: Hi Lois,

Has the May 2004 arrest of Chief Judge John Brennan given you any more leads to your daughter's murder?

I've been following this story along since I read Who Killed My Daughter.

from Albuquerque

Asked on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 02:42:25 PM
Reply: The arrest of Chief Judge John Brennan and the subsequent exposure of the fact that his drug use and on-going drug operations involving other political VIPs in New Mexico extended back to before Kait's murder opened a huge can of worms. But, to date, we haven't been able to get access to the names of the members of the NM state legislature involved in those activities. If anyone out there has been able to get those names, please, either post them on this message board or send them to us by private e-mail.

Answered by: Kait's mom

"Who Killed My Daughter" updates, etc.

Question: Hi Lois,
I read "who killed my daughter" when it first came out and was completely enthralled by it and of course sad for what you and your family must have felt. Back then ,1991,92 I can't remember exactly, when I did read it, one of the things that struck me when you mentioned the "desert castle" ... I think that's what you called it. The first person I thought of was our former D.A. (Albuquerque, NM). He's always been a shady character in my eyes. Also our former Chief Judge of the 2nd Judicial District has been caught doing illegal things... moved away and lives in California now from what I read in the newspapers. Anyway, going back to July 16, 1989 when Kait was murdered, I think those two were involved to some extent. Do you have any leads on these two?

I do pray and my thoughts are with you that you do find out who killed your daughter. I have 2 of my own, one 15 and the other 13 and I pray every day for their safety. My heart goes out to you.

from Albuquerque.

Asked on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 10:26:38 AM
Reply: We know about Judge Brennan and his drug activities, but we don't know about a former DA. We'll be glad to receive any information you can provide. You might want to send it by private e-mail

Since my book came out, we have discovered that there are a number of mansions in the Sandia foothills, (the type homes that Kait might have considered "castles"), that were/are owned by political VIPS and used for money laundering and drug operations.

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: When will "The Tally Keeper" be ready for sale?

Asked on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 09:03:04 AM
Reply: When it's completed. I need an ending.

Evidence Room

Question: "A courageous APD sgt. recently came forward with information about large quantities of money, jewelry, drugs, and guns "disappearing" from from the APD evidence room, and important evidence being destroyed. This apparently has been going on for years, and the Top Brass has been covering it up. When that scandal broke, officers started turning on each other, denying blame and implicating others."

It's not just APD. I used to date someone that worked for the Brevard County Police in Florida and he would help himself to confiscated drugs, money, etc. and he told me he wasn't alone in that activity. I'm glad that I had the good sense to get out of that because it's not my bag, and I wouldn't want to be in the middle of it if/when he got caught.

I guess the temptation is just too great for some people. And these are supposed to be the good guys! *shakes head*

Anyway, I check this site to see if there are updates, sorry I don't have any info for you. I pray for your family; I don't think I would have been able to deal with all of this nearly as well as you all have.

Asked on Sunday, June 19, 2005 at 07:20:10 PM
Reply: From what we've heard from people all over the country, police corruption is everywhere. However, most U.S. citizens are as naive and unaware as we were. I'm glad you got out of that situation before you were viewed as a threat to it.

Happy Father's Day

Question: Don -- Mother's Day is so often recognized and celebrated, with Father's Day sort of falling by the wayside.

I just wanted to salute you -- your strength, dignity and fortitude through the last 15 years. Thank you for being the rock that Lois and your children can turn to when they need support. Thank you for setting up the Real Crimes website so other families' voices can be heard.

I know it's not often said, but you miss Kait just as much as the rest of us ("us" being your family, friends, and those of us who just know you from Lois' books and the internet).

With best wishes for a wonderful Father's Day,

[teacherinpa]

Asked on Sunday, June 19, 2005 at 02:59:13 PM
Reply: From Kait's Father: Thank you so much for your kind words. Fathers have big responsibilities and I do what I can.

Don Arquette

Answered by: Kait's Dad

Advice

Question: Lois,

I lost a close friend (actually my ex wife at the time) to a yet still unsolved homicide. It occured within a rather exclusive community that had no real experience or expertise in murder investigations, plus I suspect some reluctance on their part to follow a particular trail. I note from your book that you learned much through medium assistance and am wondering if you might recommend someone to me who would be willing to assist me. I have little for her to work with - just old newspaper clippings and photographs - maybe not enough. I still miss her and wish her killer could be brought to justice.

Have you any advice?

Thanks,
jmc in San Diego

Asked on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 06:16:22 PM
Reply: I would recommend Noreen Renier as a psychic detective, but she works using psychometry, (the energy found in inanimate objects). So she would need something that was on the victim's body at the time of her death. Since you don't have that, she would probably have trouble reading for you.

Robert Petro might be a good choice, as he doesn't seem to need "props" to obtain information. I believe he now lives in Florida. You can probably find contact information for him on the Internet.

The Tally Keeper

Question: Lois,
I just finished reading your unbelievable story...wow..truth is always stranger than fiction. I'm so sorry for all that you have gone through. I would love to read the sequel...any idea on when your fans can expect it's release?

An empathetic reader,
San Diego, CA

Asked on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 01:08:08 PM
Reply: I continue to write the sequel, adding chapters as new information unfolds. I don't know when it will be finished, because I don't know how it will end.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next