Displaying 6001 - 6020 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 301 of 306)

Kaitlyn's Murder

Question: I was stationed at Kirtland AFB, in Albuquerque at the time of Kaitlyn's murder. Unfortunately, I don't have any information about the crime. But, I just read your book and it brought back my memories of the event. I remember being saddened that such a terrible thing could happen to such a beautiful girl. I also lost a child in Albuquerque, (to SIDS). Obviously, the cicurmstances were quite different; but, as I read your account of the decision to donate Kaitlyn's organs and saying good bye to her at University Hospital it brought back many memories. I will never forget them wheeling my son into the elevator to take him to surgery to harvest his organs and my wife sobbing, "they're taking my baby." It further saddens me that the investigation of her death was handled so poorly. I hope the killer or killers recieve justice one way or the other, whether it be during this life or afterward. For you and your family I wish you peace, healing, and success in your efforts/

Asked on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 05:47:30 PM
Reply: I'm so terribly sorry about the loss of your child. I know all too well how hard the decision to donate your son's organs was for you. God bless you and your family.

statement

Question: hi, first i would like to say that you are the greatest author like
ever! i have read every single one of your books! the book who killed my
daughter i have read it twice, and find it weird how the police have
changed things around in the story and didn\'t follow up and the things
that you found out that could have lead up to the killers...they should
have talked to dung a lot more, because he knows something! thanks so much for taking your taking time
to read this! and i wish you the best of luck!!

XOKristinaXO

Asked on Monday, October 10, 2005 at 12:33:53 PM
Reply: You're right, Dung does know a lot more than he has told people. But, as private citizens, we have no legal right to question him. If we attempt to do so, he runs to the police and accuses us of harassment.

another question

Question: have you heard from that one physic? her name was Betty in your book!
thanks so much!

Asked on Sunday, October 09, 2005 at 08:39:23 PM
Reply: Betty has become a personal friend.

Question

Question: on one of your pages it says that kait has a photogallory...i was just wondering where it was at? thanks so much! you and your family are in my prayers...and i hope you never give up and find kaits killer!!
also one more question...has kait came to you in another dream? i am very interested to know..thank you very much!

Asked on Sunday, October 09, 2005 at 08:30:47 PM
Reply: Kait did at one time have a photo gallery, but the person who created it was unable to maintain it.

No, Kait has not come to me in dreams very often in recent years. But INFORMATION has come to me in dreams, as if it were relayed by somebody other than Kait. Several people linked to Kait's case have died in the years since her death. I find myself wondering if some of this new information is coming from THEM.

KAITS BELONGINGS

Question: I read the book a few years ago and check back every so often to read up on the latest developments. Im very happy to hear that you will be getting her things back after 15 years. I hope this helps you in your quest for justice and answers. You deserve only the best. This world is a crazy place and it is disapointing that people would do everything they can to stop a family from knowing the truth... Im sorry for you loss and hope to revisit this site in the future and read that the case has been solved and one more monster is off the street. The scary thing is, This could happen to anyone.
Good luck and congradualtions on finally making some progress.. It might be small, but it is extremly meaningful. Who knows what they might be holding and what you may discover.
Good luck and stay strong. You are a example to so many people who have lost faith in this world.

:-)

Asked on Friday, October 07, 2005 at 09:54:18 AM
Reply: Thank you. And you're right, the scary thing is that this could happen to anybody.

FROM THE ARQUETTE FAMILY

Question: A piece of good news for a change! We were able to use the APD evidence room scandal -- (for those unfamiliar with current events in Albq., it recently came to light that huge amounts of money, drugs, guns, jewelry, televisions, etc. are missing from the APD evidence room) -- to convince the DA to get APD to return the things from Kait's desk, which they have been holding for 15 years as evidence (of a random drive-by shooting?). It's possible there will be something there that will have meaning for us -- a line of a letter, a note scribbled on the margin of a book, an address or phone number, a snapshot with an unfamiliar face in it. At least, we can hope. If nothing else, we'll be able to read letters Kait has written, see snapshots of her graduation, and greeting cards people sent her, etc. It will be like getting a little piece of her back.

BUT WHY DID IT TAKE 15 YEARS!!!!

Asked on Sunday, October 02, 2005 at 12:09:39 PM

Long time

Question: I read the book many years ago now. I come back here sometimes just to see if there's been justice yet. You have done and are doing everything I mean everything possible to find someone, anyone, who knows about this tragedy Mrs. Duncan.

You were my very favorite young adult author and after reading your book well here I am. The urn... is pure genius. I can only think that the person/s responsible may be dead. Why else would they not care to give you any information at all. Still, someone knows what happened I pray you get the closure you rightly deserve. I will give your book to my mother to read she never did I realize she may be able to 'get' something help. Ya never know. Bless you

Asked on Sunday, October 02, 2005 at 06:31:20 AM
Reply: We will soon be visiting Albuquerque to pick up the things from Kait's desk that the APD evidence room is finally releasing to us. While we are there, we will check the urn, in the hope that somebody has left us an important message. And then we will fill it with flowers.

the Book- Who Killed My Daughter

Question: I've been reading the book, Who Killed My Daughter, and i'm only on chapter 14. So far, i think it's a pretty amazing book. All the pictures that you included in there are awesome. I'm sorry that your daughter got killed, and I'm sure you'll find you're daughter's murderer. I'm sure that after I finish reading the book, I'll never forget every detail of it. This website is great, and i bet you'll get new information this way. Kait is a beautiful young women. I would just like to ask one question: when is Kait's birthday? I hope that you have time to read my message and answer my question.

Sincerely,
Me

Asked on Saturday, October 01, 2005 at 04:04:36 PM
Reply: Kait was born Sept. 18, 1970. If she had lived she would be 35 years old. If her dreams for her future had come true, she would be married, have four children, live in Corrales so she could have a horse, and be a doctor.

Happy Birthday Kait

Question: Just wanted to remember Kait. Hopefully this year the case will be solved - a long overdue birthday gift.

Asked on Sunday, September 18, 2005 at 09:06:23 PM
Reply: All it will take is information from ONE GOOD PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. We are certain that person is out there and will, one day, gain the courage to contact us. That's the reason for this web site.

Happy Birthday

Question: Would have been a great 35th kiddo ... I'll be there at sunset with a white candle ... Lois, I hope everything is good with the family ... Once again thanks for the nice comments when people ask about me.

Asked on Sunday, September 18, 2005 at 04:15:09 PM
Reply: (I assume this is "Rod"?) If so, you're more than welcome. I'm glad you're following the message board, because I still keep hoping that -- buried somewhere in your subconscious -- there is a memory of something Kait said to you in her final days that held no meaning for you at the time but might be sparked by new information that people post on this board.

albuquerque

Question: I was happy to see that you are coming to Albuquerque. Are you going to give a lecture or be some public place where we can see you?

Asked on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 03:33:35 PM
Reply: No. When we're in Albuquerque we keep a low profile.

updates

Question: I was wondering if any of the new info that has been posted has led you in any new directions with your daughter's case? And if so, when will you be able to post a new section to your updates page

Asked on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 at 08:57:46 PM
Reply: Yes, the new information has opened the door to new possibilities which we are exploring.

I know we need to update the web site, and Kait's sister has offered to do it for us. I'm just overwhelmed by the challenge. What started with what we assumed was a simple case (boyfriend's friends shooting Kait because she was going to blow the whistle on the car wreck scam) has expanded in so many directions that it's like a spiderweb linking one form of corruption with another. I don't know how to design such a web site or how people would ever find their way around it, following thread after thread and then having those threads overlap.

I can do this much better in a book.

I Finished

Question: I finally finished the book, Who Killed My Daughter? a day ago. It was definetly a well written book. I didn't realize that these comments were actually answered by Kait's mom, and I think thats really great! I just wanted to tell you again how interesting I found the book and how sorry I am that this happened.

Love,
E. M.

Asked on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 at 07:34:20 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Kayla Cleveland

Question: Lois, I am currently reading your book, "Who Killed my Daughter", and am going to be doing a report on it and a powerpoint on you specifically because I find your books so interesting. I thought it would be very exciting if I could put some of your comments into it. I know that in your book you expressed how you literally were going crazy when you were going to Betty for readings and finding out so many different things; if you could give me a little more information on that and how you dealt with things that just weren't easy for you I'd appreciate it. Also, are you still searching for the murderer and have you gotten any more helpful clues and evidence?
One more thing..could you tell me any intriging things about your childhood that I could put in my powerpoint?
Thanks for your time

Asked on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 at 12:42:54 PM
Reply: I'm glad to respond to questions, but I don't know what more to tell you than what's in the book. I can't describe "how" you deal with shock and grief and fury, you just take it one day at a time.

If you've read this web site, including the "Update" section, you will have the answer to your second question.

There was nothing intriguing about my childhood. It was normal and happy. Nothing to prepare me for this.

The Book

Question: Its not really a question that I have, its more of a comment. I am currently reading the book, Who Killed My Daughter? by Kaitlyns mother. My english teacher recommended this book to me because it\'s the real life storys that draw my attention. I\'ve only been reading for a few days, and have only reached chapter 16. I find it so far to be very interesting and I\'ve even searched on the internet for sites talking about this tragedy. It was while searching for websites that I came across this one. I\'m not really sure if this comment will ever reach the Arquette family, but I would like to think it would. I would just like to say that this is a wonderful book that must have been extremely hard for Lois Duncan to write. Also, I would like to just let the family know how sorry I really am. One day, I hope to visit the cemetary where Kaitlyn is burried.

From:
E.M.

Asked on Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 11:22:54 AM
Reply: It would be lovely for you to visit Kait's gravesite. It's at Sunset Memorial in Albuquerque. People sometimes leave messages for Kait -- or for us -- in the urn at the side of the grave. We are going to be in Albuquerque in October, and if anyone has information the want to give us, (but not give us directly), you can leave it in the urn by her grave. When we arrive, we always take out that urn to leave flowers, so we will find you message.

Tally Keeper

Question: I also hate it when people ask when the Tally Keeper is coming out.
Like they're waiting to be entertained by it! We all want justice for Kait but
lets try and be more sensitive o.k? This is real life-not fiction.{LG}

Asked on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 12:54:35 PM
Reply: You're right -- with a fiction story an author can create an ending. With non-fiction, the ending is dictated by events. Recent information that has been posted on this message board -- and subsequent personal e-mail and letters from people with additional information to support those posts -- have brought us one step closer to that ending. Private investigators are following up on that information, and pieces are falling together. We are very grateful to the wonderful people who have contacted us.

TallyKeeper

Question: Lois,
I have watched your site for new information for a long time now and I keep seeing people ask you over & over when is the TallyKeeper coming out. As a mother, I wouldn't want to put out the final story until I could expose my daughters killers and what it took to put these monsters out of comission. Until then - there wouldn't be an end so the book couldn't be finished. The first book had to be very emotional & heartwrenching to write. I am hoping this ? ceases. When you do find the killers I'm sure you will shout it from the roof tops and everyone will then be eager to read the ending to the most horrific personal story ever.
My prayers are with you constantly.

June in Denver

Asked on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 03:28:40 PM
Reply: Thank you for understanding. My current manuscript covers all the events that have taken place since WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, up to the present time.

dung nguyen

Question: I read the book in a hurried fashion and skipped over some parts.

What is of Dung Nguyen today? Is he still alive? If not, how had he
died?

Asked on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 at 11:08:31 AM
Reply: We are not in contact with Dung and don't know anything about his current situation. We have received no information about a death.

Peter Kaplan

Question: I am also interested in Peter Kaplan. Who is he and how hoes he fit in?

I have a few questions for you:

Do you still come to Albuquerque from time to time.?

Who wrote that beautiful poem that's on Kait's grave stone?

I wish you would publish "The Tally Keeper" even if you don't have an ending. You have so many people following this message board, I am sure they would all buy it. I know I would.

Asked on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 03:39:39 PM
Reply: We don't know who Peter Kaplan is. His name just appears as a partner on several of Cecchinis' many businesses,

Yes, we do come to Albuquerque from time to time, as we still have many long-time friends there.

The poem on Kait's grave stone was written by Mark Twain for his own daughter.

the workplace connection

Question: I check your site periodically and I was dumbfounded that after all this time, so much new information is still coming out--specifically, the odd connections between Artwear and Pier One--and the so-called friend.

The list of business filings sent by the person who works in the law office also included the name Peter Kaplan. Who is he, and where does he fit? I did not get a good feeling about him when I saw his name. I am sure that you are checking everything to do with these people, but this feels like a hornet's nest. I am struck by the fact that Kait could have so innocently walked into a situation where she was literally surrounded by such bad people--just from getting a job after school. Whatever her life's purpose was--and the mosaic of that is still unfolding--she probably learned more about evil (and thus good, as well) in her short life than many who live into old age.

Have you made a flow chart for all of the people who seems to be a part of this, however peripheral? To mark the links. You might be able to find who is at the heart of the matter that way.

My prayers go with you always.

Asked on Friday, August 26, 2005 at 10:47:17 PM
Reply: The spread sheet grew so large that the material was entered in a database, and somebody whose name has never been linked to this case maintains that database. If we need information from the database or want to add new information to it, we contact that person by phone or by U.S. mail, (definitely not by e-mail). There's also a back-up disk in a safety deposit box in case something happens to us or to one of our investigators.

Yes, we believe that Kait stumbled into a wasps' nest, but we think she was so gullible that she didn't understand what she was looking at. We believe the people who ordered the hit gave her credit for knowing more than she did. And that was her undoing.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next