Displaying 5821 - 5840 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 292 of 306)

5pm

Question: How certain are you that Kait was in her apartment when she called you at 5pm on that Sunday? Did you have caller ID or did she just tell you? Could she have been somewhere else?

Asked on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 06:44:47 AM
Reply: I know she was at her apartment, because I originally agreed to purchase wine coolers for her to take to Sharon's. After I hung up, I suddenly remembered alcohol wasn't sold on Sunday. So I called her back at her apartment, and she said she would take ice cream to Sharon's instead.

However, Sharon says Kait did NOT bring ice cream. Which supports our belief that something unexpected happened that disrupted her original plan for the evening.

Middle's..........

Question: What was Kait's middle name?

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 01:53:20 PM
Reply: Clare.

Look down!

Question: Kaitlyn Arquette, 18, was shot to death in her car in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1989. Although police pronounced the murder a random-driveby-shooting, Kaitlynís family believes she was deliberately killed because she was preparing to blow the whistle on organized crime. The case is still unsolved, but the familyís personal investigation is on-going. New information continues to surface. DUH!!!!!!!!!

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 01:50:40 PM

Kait

Question: Did you feel that you're child was in danger, when it happened? Like you knew something was wrong? Like on Soaps they show that when a child dies, the mother feels the pain or a strange feeling and her hand flies up to her chest

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 01:46:29 PM
Reply: I sensed that something was wrong in Kait's life. But, never did it enter my head that she was going to die.

Hey~!~!~!@#$%^&*

Question: Of all the writing going on on this site, no body's said anything about the whereabouts of where they think her kidnapper is! Hasn't anyone tried to find her that is writing to Mrs. Duncan Arquette? Hmm? Anyone? Because people keep telling her how sorry they are and stuff but somebody who was really sorry would try to find Kait's killer!

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 01:41:00 PM
Reply: I don't know how to respond to this. Because Kait wasn't kidnapped.

Lois,

Question: Do you ever wake up at night in sweat? Like you're afraid of losing the memory of Kait? I'd like to know....
-Laura

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 12:33:16 PM
Reply: I wake up off and on all night, with terrible nightmares. Never, since Kait's murder, have I slept through the night.

some background

Question: Are you a Christian? How do you react when you read in the news about women that have murdered their own children? Does it drive you crazy? Have you ever just wanted to give up your search?

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 08:40:09 AM
Reply: No, I have never been tempted to give up our search.

no justice...

Question: i am in the process of reading your book "Who Killed My Daughter", i would have to say that there is no justice and it should be brought very soon. Those corrupted cops should be locked away forever...!!

Asked on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 06:56:40 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

fyi

Question: Sometimes, after your responses, instead of saying Answered by: Kait's Mom, it just says Answered by: Kait
I just thought you should know.

Asked on Monday, May 08, 2006 at 12:50:16 PM
Reply: I've noticed that too occasionally. It apparently occurs when I read what I have written and belatedly decide I want to add to the message or correct a spelling error. When I pull the message back up on my computer in order to edit it, I sometimes lose part of my ID. I don't know why that happens.

Lois,

Question: I'd like to ask you who sends these answers to questions? I'd like to know before i ask one.... Is it you or an agent?

Asked on Monday, May 08, 2006 at 12:26:25 PM
Reply: I, Lois Duncan Arquette -- Kait's mother -- am the only person who responds to the questions on this message board.

If you want to send a private message, my e-mail address is loisduncan@arquettes.com.

Answered by: Kait Arquette

An Obvious Question..

Question: that i havent seen asked. Is it possible that Kait was knowingly involved in reciept of the opiate material via Pier One as part of her involvement with Dung? She knowingly participated in the fraudulant activities at least a time or two correct? Did she ever appear to have more money than you could explain? Did her bank accounts reveal large deposits? It seems quite clear that she knew something ugly was going to happen. Perhaps, she knew that the criminal ring could not allow her to leave Dung for knowedge of the drug smuggling rather than the fraud? Would you describe Kait's apparent attitude toward illegal drug use termed accepting or fiercely opposed?

Asked on Monday, May 08, 2006 at 07:10:59 AM
Reply: I would have said she was "fiercely opposed" to illegal drug use. Her friends tell us she didn't use drugs herself, and one of them described her to investigators as "a Goody Two Shoes." The autopsy revealed no evidence of drugs or alcohol in her system.

However, I now realize that things were going on in her life that we didn't know about, and I cannot make a flat statement that she was not involved.

I can say for certain that she did not have much money. Her bank statement showed no deposits other than the money she received for graduation and her salary at Pier One. Dung wore expensive clothes, but Kait bought hers at the Gap and her wardrobe was pretty meager. She was purchasing a big wooden bowl that looked like a watermelon as a gift for her sister Kerry, to go with Kerry's red and yellow kitchen. It was on layaway at Pier One, and she was paying it off $5.00 at a time out of each paycheck. If she had had money, she would have bought that bowl outright. It wasn't very expensive.

I agree with you that the motive for her murder had to have been something more than her knowledge of the car wreck scams in California. Knowledge of drug smuggling seems much more likely, but I don't think Kait was profiting from that activity.

More questions

Question: It is me again the one that went to school at HHS with Kait.

Have you ever talked to Ray and his two girlfriends? Were any of the apartment complex tenants were questioned? Have you talked to Sharon Smith lately? When Robin went to Kait's apartment for the white dress how did she find it. Did it look like there was a party going on there? Why so many police escorts the day of the funeral? What was Kaits week like before the shooting. Have you went back in your mind and relived it? Was Khanh Pham in the military? When did Dung move in with Kait?

Are the same people employed with APD still? Does Mike still work for the paper?

treesa

Asked on Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 10:15:22 AM
Reply: Good questions.

We did not personally talk to Ray and his two girlfriends, but one of our investigators did. Ray stated that he and Dung were so close they were "almost like brothers." However, when Dung was questioned by police, he said he couldn't even remember Ray's last name.

Yes, apartment tenants were questioned. Adrian Apodaca, Dung and Kait's next door neighbor, told police he saw Kait followed that evening by a VW bug. That information was in Det. Steve Gallegos's field notes but was not in the case file. Another tenent said, the day after Kait died, Dung and several of his Vietnamese friends were out in the apartment parking lot, spray painting a beige VW bug with black paint. She complained to the manager, because the paint was splattering other cars. That information appears in the apartment manager's file. Although a beige VW bug was seen fleeing the scene of the shooting, police did not question Dung and his friends about the car painting incident. (We are bewildered by how a griefstricken boyfriend whose beloved has just been shot to death could be out there the following day spray painting a friend's car.)

No, we have not talked with Sharon Smith lately.

Yes, Robin found the white dress hanging in Kait's closet. Robin and her sister Kerry also went through the apartment, searching for clues, a diary or hidden messages. They found none. They saw no signs of a party. But, remember, Dung and his friends had over 24 hours to strip that apartment of anything they didn't want found there before the apartment manager threw them out.

Why so many police escorts? That's an excellent question. That escort was arranged by Sgt. John Gallegos, a field officer at the scene, who was apparently not supposed to be there, because his name is not listed on most APD reports. (This is the same John Gallegos who was later convicted of burglarizing a liquor store while on duty. He was head of Internal Affairs.) For some reason -- we can't imagine why -- he must have felt particularly bad about Kait's death and was motivated to arrange that special escort. He told reporters, "We want to show that we DO care." (Why did he think that people would believe police didn't care? What was different about this case that made it deserve more attention than other "random drive-by shootings"? Why did police feel required to prove they cared about it?) If anyone can answer that question, we would be grateful. You can send us a personal e-mail.

Of course, we have relived the week before the shooting. Over and over and over. But, since Kait was not living at home, we didn't see a lot of her during that time period. She worked at Pier One Imports, Fair Plaza, about three blocks from our house, so she often stopped by on her way to or from work. There's one thing I will never forget. A couple of days before the shooting, Kait stopped by en route to work the evening shift, while her dad and I were at the dinner table. She sat down with us and said, "I want you to know that nobody ever had a happier childhood than I did. When I have children, I hope I can be as good a parent as you have been to me." That effusive, affectionate statement was totally out of character. I keep asking myself -- what brought that on? Did she subconsciously realize that this was a message she needed to leave with us?

On the day of Kait's murder, we got up in the morning and found her sitting at our kitchen table crying. I don't know how long she had been there.
She said she'd had big fight with Dung and told him to move out. She wouldn't tell us the details. She spent the morning at our house. At one point, she asked me to bring out the old family photo albums and review them with her. She'd never had an interest before, but now she seemed mesmerized. She studied the face of my mother, (Kait's grandmother, who died before Kait was born), and said, "I'd know her anywhere, Mother! She looks just like you!" I ask myself now -- did she subconsciously sense she soon might be meeting that grandmother?

Around noon, she tried to persuade me to go to the movies with her. I told her I wasn't interested in any of the movies that were playing. (If only I could go back and live that moment of decision again! Perhaps, when we were out together, she would have confided in me!) So she went off on her own for the afternoon. Around 5:00 p.m. she phoned me from her apartment. She was there alone, getting ready to go to Sharon Smith's house for dinner. She said she wanted to take something and asked if I would buy some wine coolers. (She was underage and couldn't purchase them herself.) I said I would, and then called her back to remind her that it was Sunday and we couldn't buy liquor. She said that was fine, she'd pick up some ice cream instead.

Then, as you know from my book, she left the apartment, (according to her neighbor, followed by a VW bug), returned a rented movie, and came to our house. The rest is in my book.

Kait rented her apartment in early May 1989. She took her final high school exams and was finished with school except for the graduation ceremony and she wanted to start "my adult life." She told Dung that he couldn't live with her unless he got a job. Dung immediately got himself hired at Artwear -- (strange in itself, since he hadn't been able to find a job for almost two years, now one pops up for him), and moved in with her. Which means they lived together two months before she was killed. What might she have learned or experienced during that time period?

Some of the same people still work for APD, but most of those who were working Kait's case have retired. Understandably, the new recruits believe what they've been told about the case by the Old Guard. That it was a "random shooting" and Kait's parents are nuts.

Yes, Mike still works for the Albq. Journal. But he is unable to continue to investigate Kait's case because he can only do stories that are assigned to him by his editor. We do have private investigators working on the case, even now, after so many years. Mike is still sympathetic, but no longer personally involved.

happy belated birthday Lois:)

Question: Hi Lois, I hope your birthday was a good one. I continue to pray and think of your family. Your whole family is a marvel of strength.

Also, I think your new website is very nice. I was reading some previous posts and someone mentioned your book has been updated (I have your first edition). When did these updates come out?

I would like to say to anyone who knows what happened to Kait, please come forward because this family has been through enough.

Again, happy belated birthday Lois:)

Take care, Rachel
rachels1999@hotmail.com

Asked on Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:13:02 AM
Reply: The book was "updated" when it went into paperback. That "update" consisted only of a final chapter being tacked onto the end. Also, a couple of people whose names I had originally changed to protect their privacy told me they wanted their real names used. So I made that change in the paperback edition.

There have been no other updates to the book beyond that. If you have the paperback edition, then you have everything that has been published.

reading material

Question: Have you read Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi? I gives a lot of insight into the world of the mafiosa, the power they can hold over a community and the seduction of people who are innocent and naive.

Asked on Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 02:37:25 PM
Reply: I haven't read it, but now that you've told me about it, I will.

The other 4

Question: Does it ever bother your other four children that you spend so much time on Kait when they are all still alive? Please don't think I'm meaning to sound disrespectful, because I'm sure that outside of your book and your websites and things, you spend much quality time with your kids. I guess I was just wondering how Kait's ongoing 'situation' has affected your relationships with them.

Asked on Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 11:24:43 AM
Reply: No, it doesn't bother them. For several reasons:

1. After Kait's murder and the threats to the rest of the family, Albuquerque became dangerous for us. Kait's siblings were adults, and the family split in all directions. We now all live in different parts of the country. We visit each other often, but it's not as if we were all in the same town and I was too occupied with Kait's case to babysit my grandchildren. We spend at least as much time -- and probably more -- with our surviving children as most people do who are lucky enough to live in the same town as their grown children and see them on a daily basis.

2. Kait was their "baby sister." Kait's siblings are as invested in this case as her dad and I are. Kait's sister, Robin, was the one who designed this new website. When she did so she told me, "Mother, don't ever give up! You're doing this for all of us!"

3. What I sacrificed was not my relationship with my surviving children -- it was my career as a writer of suspense novels.

Question

Question: What ispired you to write the book I Know What You Did Last Summer?

Asked on Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 08:24:42 AM
Reply: I wanted to experiment with writing a book with a double-identity twist. Ironically, that element of the story was not included in the awful movie.

Answered by: Lois Duncan

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: This isn't really a question. I just want to tell you that I know how you feel to lose someone so special to you. My uncle Kenny died when he was 17 years old becasue he was an under-cover cop in Ohio. He left his fiancee' that was going to have his baby 2 months later and his family and friends. I don't know really much about it becasue I was only a little girl when he died. He was shot by one of his best-friends becasue he was going to tell the police that his bestfriends bestfriend was doing drugs and that it was illegal. So my Uncle Kenny's best friend pulled out his gun and shot him in his temples. Not only did his friend hurt my Uncle Kenny's family and life, but he never got to see his child be born and see her grow up. My uncle Kenny's fiancee' gave birth to a 6lb 2 oz
baby on October 2, 1990. My uncles fiancee' gave her the name Alexis Alyssa.

I only get to see my little cousin every year at family reunions, b-days or other special occasions. It hurts to see her though because Alexis looks like my uncle Kenny. My uncle Kenny's fiancee' never married or dated anyone else again becasue of her dying love for my uncle.

Asked on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 08:40:38 AM
Reply: That's a heartbreaking story. I'm so sorry.

About Rod

Question: I recently stumbled upon your book 'Summer of Fear', and I've decided to read all of your books. Upon checking my local library, I only found one book, 'Who Killed My Daughter?' I read it bit by bit, letting it all soak in. I think you've covered your bases pretty well except for one thing. I haven't had time to read all of the posts for the last ten years, so I don't know if this has been addressed before...did you consider that Rod could have been Kait's history teacher? Or a substitute? Is the age gap right? (You never really said how many years apart they were) Does the girl from the other day (she put a post up saying she knew Kait in highschool) know Rod or someone who would have known him? Have you asked the other school systems in Albuquerque? Someone has to know who he is. I wish you the best of luck and all the positive karma that can be had. My energy and thoughts are with you.

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 02:43:08 PM
Reply: Rod contacted us after my book was published. He was close to Kait's age and had gone to school with her. We feel sure he was not involved, other than for being Kait's second boyfriend. Kait was withholding things from him, as she was from us.

8009 Azuelo Rd. NW

Question: On Mapquest .com there is no such address. The highest number on that street is 6899. And it is listed as Azuelo Ave. NW not Rd.

Now the 8009 Amy Ave. NW does exist on the map. It is located in the new area of houses being constructed on the westside by Painted Sky Elementary. The major cross streets are Unser and Ladera.

If this Lisa person got made at you for contacting them or has not answered your written correspondence, chances are 1. Dung has gotten his life together and she doesn't want to dig up the past, 2. They're still up to no good and don't want to be bothered, or 3. This is the wrong Dung Nguyen.

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 11:57:56 AM
Reply: It's the right Dung Nguyen, (though I can see why you would wonder about that, since Dung Nguyen is a common Vietnamese name). At one time Dung did live on Amy Street. I don't know if he still does.

Hey

Question: Hey.. i am really sorry that kate died so young and beautiful. I know how it feels to lose a love one i have lost 6 people. It is a really sad i have been to 6 funerals and it is really sad. I lost my cousin first and he comited suicide. My friend was the second one he commited suicide too. The third one was my friend who crashed and was killed in a car accident and so did the forth one. The 5th one commited suicide too. and The sixth one was my grandma. It is really sad to lose a family member. I cry everyday because you remember old times you have had with them. I know from the way the author described kait, is that she seems like a nice person. But i am really sorry about what happened and i hope you guys find out who the killers were.
Love and respect,
Nancy Romero

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 11:38:29 AM
Reply: I'm so sorry for your losses, Nancy. That's a tragic story.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next