Displaying 5721 - 5740 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 287 of 306)

Another year closer

Question: As I blow out yet another white candle, here is to another year closer to solving your murder ... miss ya kiddo

~Rod

Asked on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 09:41:31 PM
Reply: Thanks, "Rod." I was certain you'd light a candle.

TO A TIPSTER

Question: FROM KAIT'S MOTHER:

To the person who sent information by private e-mail. Please, tell us when the event you described took place. That will make it much easier for us to follow up on, since we no longer live in Albuquerque and have to do research by phone or through a P.I.

Asked on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 11:16:49 AM

My Heart Goes To you.

Question: My question is this, why have the police messed-up the entire investigation and not be charged with stupidity, with all of the evidence?

Asked on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 01:14:04 AM
Reply: You can't charge people with "stupidity." it's not a crime. Incompentence isn't a crime either.

In fact, when it comes to law enforcement, it appears to be next to impossible to charge anyone with anything. According to the battered wife of Deputy Scott Finley, a member of the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department’s elite Crime Suppression Unit, when she threatened to call 911 to report a vicious beating, her husband’s response was: “Go ahead and call. How can you break the law when you ARE the law?”

Answered by: Kait's mom

Question: I had never read any of your books before.
However my mom, bought your book about this
killing, and I looked it up on here to see if there
was anything about it. I can\'t believe that something
like this has happened. After all the evidence that
has been collected and still nothing done. You are
very dedicated to finding who has done this to
your family. I beleive you will find Kaitlyn\'s killer.
Tell then, your a very strong family.
Rip. Kaitlyn Arquette

Asked on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 10:18:09 AM
Reply: Thank you -- we needed that message on this anniversary of the shooting.

When people ask us on what date Kait died, we never know how to answer. Was that the night her brains were blown out? Or the following evening, when we took her off life support to allow her organs to be transplanted? A young man was waiting to receive them. He would have died oherwise. Kait, at 16. when she got her driver's license, had designated the donation of her organs.

On this terrible anniverary night, as her mother, I feel Kait died on July 16, the night she was taken from us. So this is the night we light the candles to bring light to Kait's spirit. Each of us who loved her. Her parents -- her brothers -- her sisters -- her friends -- light candles at sundown on July 16.

If you want to do this and have read this message too late to do it tonight, candles can always be lit. (In case you're wondering, we are not Catholic. But there's something about the energy of love that goes into lighting a candle that seems to work for us. It's like the energy of love.)

Tomorrow, July 17, when Kait gave her heart and lungs to someone else, is a nice time to light a candle. Or, if that doesn't feel comfortable in your belief system, just think about Kait and toss up a prayer for the resolution of this case and bring closure.

On this night, please, also send light to "Paul," who received Kait's heart and lungs, but has since died for unrelated reasons. Paul came out of his successful transplant surgery and told his mother and a nurse that, under anesthetic, he dreamed about a young blond girl being chased in a car.

The cells in the organs that Paul received from Kait apparently included memory.

hi

Question: I hope you find your daughters killer!

Asked on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 01:12:46 PM
Reply: Our P.I.s continue to work on it. And tipsters continue to provide tidbits of information that may not seem importanat on their own but are very important when added to other info we already have. It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. One tiny piece -- all by itself -- may appear to be just a little fragment of misshapen cardboard, but when you set it in place, the whole picture suddenly comes together.

That's what we're waiting for. That fragment.

howdy

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
I sent you an email not too
long ago and I was just wandering if you
had recieved it. I hope you and your family
are well. How is the case coming?
god bless you

Asked on Monday, July 10, 2006 at 02:06:50 PM
Reply: I don't know if I received your e-mail, because I don't know who you are. I try to respond to all my e-mail. If I didn't, I'm sorry.

Kait Arquette's murder

Question: Dear Lois Duncan and family,

As a kid, 12 or so i read all your available books- I'm 23 now and typed your name into a search engine to see if there was any information regarding the books i loved so long ago- i came across the site about Kait's death and am so, so sorry that she was killed. To have a child murdered must be terrible enough but that there is ENORMOUS evidence of police corruption is particularly galling- the sites and effort you have made are an amazing testament to your strength, I really hope that one day those responsible for Kait's death are brought to justice.
Love to you all, Emily

Asked on Sunday, July 09, 2006 at 12:41:21 PM
Reply: Thank you, Emily.

...

Question: Ms. Duncan
it is katy68
I saw the picture of when kait was in the hospital
that was a truely sad picture. I can bareley recognize her
i hope to hear from you soon. kt

Asked on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 at 02:01:21 PM
Reply: Katy, I appreciate your caring, but I think our personal correspondence is taking over this message board. With further questions, perhaps you should contact me directly from my personal "Lois Duncan" website.

me as usual..

Question: Ms. Duncan,
This is Katy68 again. I was wondering
If you had plans on contacting Sylvia Brown?
I think that you taking this action would get
your story out there again, to show people
that you are not giving up. I also wanted
to know if you have plans on writing anymore
books in the near future. Perhaps one on updates
of your daughter?Another thing, did your daughter's
death ever make headline news like on CNN or any
big news channels? Thank you for taking the time to
keep up your post and keeping this site going, i have had so
many questions to ask you, and i was afraid i would never find
out. Love you, from

Asked on Monday, July 03, 2006 at 09:23:03 PM
Reply: We have consulted psychic detectives, but have no interest in consulting that particular psychic.

I am writing a sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER. The title is THE TALLY KEEPER. I don't know if or when it will be published. That depends upon what happens next in regard to Kait's case.

Yes, Kait's case was on national TV shows -- Larry King, Good Morning America, Unsolved Mysteries, Sally Jessy Raphael, Inside Edition, etc. But it's not "old news," and no one is interested any longer.

Good Afternoon!!

Question: Hello Ms. Duncan,
I was thinking the other day
and i was wondering if you
have continued to live in the
same house that you lived in
when Kait was alive? I know
that many people move when
a child dies due to too many memories.
You had mentioned that you had contacted
some people who believe they can use
their super-natural powers to help in situations.
I really wanted to know if you had contacted
Ms. Sylvia Brown. I find her to be one of the
most accurate people in that feild. I do not
agree with some of her assumtions but I have
to admit that she has been very correct most
of the time. I am looking very foreward
to hearing your response to this post. Oh yes!
And what ever happened to Sharon? thank you
for your time reading your fans questions, have a
wonderful day, GOD BLESS YOU.

Asked on Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 01:42:14 PM
Reply: We left New Mexico for fear of retaliation after my book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, was published.

No, we have not consulted Sylvia Browne. But, as you know from my book, we have consulted other well-known psychics.

Sharon left the state, shortly before we did.

Albuquerque Journal Article, Thursday, June 29

Question: The President of Highlands University in Santa Fe has been put on Administrative Leave pending issues that have surfaced since his contract began in 2004. It says the FBI has been doing an ongoing investigation into padded contracts, and kickbacks he was involved with in the building of the Metropolitan and District courthouses in Albuquerque and Detention Center. I still think he had some involvement back in 1989.

Back in 1989, he was having a lot of problems with drinking and drugs. He was arrested once or twice for DWI and possession when he was serving as a Senator.

Asked on Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 10:36:04 AM
Reply: This person is referring to former president pro tem of the NM State Senate, Manny Aragon.

Message of Support for Lois and Don Arquette

Question: A couple of months ago, I had a car trip planned with my family and I decided to take “Who Killed My Daughter”. I hadn't read this book before and I had no background knowledge. When I began to read, my chest tightened and I was soon crying. Sitting next to me was my sister, a beautiful, blonde 18 year old named Caitlyn. For obvious reasons, I began to imagine my sister in the same situation. Caitlyn is a sweet, smart girl but she can be very independent, and we often joke about her aggressive driving. I have always loved to sing, and Caitlyn wants me to go on American Idol. It killed me to imagine myself singing a last lullaby at her funeral. Lois' description of tying her daughter down sounded like threats I've heard my Mom say. We tease Mom about her psychic "twinges" but they have been accurate enough times that we take them seriously. My family noticed me crying and I tried to explain why. After that, I put down the book and could not pick it up for a long time. I finally decided to finish it last night. I thought I would be past the crying but I cried through most of the first half. I read late into the night and when I finished, I could not sleep. I never imagined that I would connect with the book this way, and I am surprised by how it pains me when I think about it. To Lois and Don: I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that the pieces of the puzzle come together for you. I hope that you have found some sense of peace. And, oh God, I hope I never, ever have to walk in your shoes. Thank you for sharing your daughter with us, your readers. She sounds like a bright, wonderful girl...like my Caity. I hope that she is happy, wherever she is. [From: Kristi]

Asked on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 09:05:27 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring. May "your Caity" always be safe.

Hello

Question: Ms Duncan,

I wish that people would not post vulgar messages on this site. It is truely
disrespectful for people to put such amiture comments on a site that is this serious. I am sorry to see that people would be so rude and inconsiderate to you and your family. There is also young children that visit this site. So I appauligize to see these messages. Your true fans that want to help you would never post such horrid things. We love you and we are praying for you everyday!!! :)

Asked on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 03:57:14 PM
Reply: I don't think this is a personal attack on us. It's a spam network that has latched on to thousands of message boards all over the country and posts to all of them several times a day. The only way I know how to handle it is to come on line a couple of times each day and remove the spam. Which is a problem when I'm out of town or am having computer problems. Just know I'm doing my best to keep this board clean.

Good Afternoon!!

Question: Ms. Duncan,
I was so excited to see your response!I hope your summer is going well. I am in Texas and it is unbelievebly hott. I talked to my mom about how determined you are to solve this sad case of your daughter. She said that she thinks you are getting closer and closer everyday and to never give up. Is Dung still alive? Has he ever contacted you since Kait passed away? What about Kait\\\'s friend Sharon? Have you been in contact with her? I understand that this is a lot of questions,sorry. I was thinking today, and i realized that Kait would be about 35 today. I also realized that Kait was only one year older than I am. How old is Dung now? I am looking foreward to hearing from you and i hope all is well.

Asked on Monday, June 26, 2006 at 12:32:37 PM
Reply: As far as we know, Dung is still alive. But there's no way we would know if he wasn't.

ANXIOUS

Question: Ms. Duncan it is i Katy68 and i have been keeping updates on your site. However i have been mildly disappointed to see that some comments have not been answered. I hope that you are well. (Tezi how can i e-mail ms. duncan? do you have her email if so email it to me at camarokaty68@yahoo.com) I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Asked on Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 12:55:51 PM
Reply: I'm doing the best I can, Katy. Sometimes I'm out of town. Sometimes my computer is down. Sometimes I'm overloaded with work. But I do respond to every post, even if it's not immediately.

It's me again...

Question: Lois,

It's Tezi again. It seems like I just can't let this case go, which is a good thing. I know you have a PI working for you, and that's great, because they can find all kinds of info regular folks can't find.

For some reason I think Sharon Smith holds the key. I know she's gone now, but Kait was her friend, and she owes the truth to Kait, IMO. I still can't get over that cancelled check in her name. Something just bothers me about that.

Please expect an e-mail from me.

tezi

Asked on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 06:36:27 PM
Reply: That check does raise some questions.

Its me again!!

Question: Mrs. Duncan,

It is me Katy68 again and i did some research about your writing history. I did not know that you wrote "I know what you did last summer" congratulations, that was such a wonderful book and a very successful film!!! I am anxious to hear from you and i hope that you and your family are doing well this summer. I would love to write one day. I have always been complimented on my writing except for this year. I had a particularily picky teacher and she said that i have good ideas but they are not expressed well in words. I am working on my writing alot. I love to write stories in the summer and ever since my father died a slow and visually painful death from throat cancer, writing is a helpful way to let out my feelings. I am currently writing a story about a woman having to raise her small newborn daughter on a small run down ranch. Her husband is drafted and she deals with physical and emotional lonliness and feelings on isolation. My inspiration was the well known book, The Scarlet Letter, which I had previously finished in May. My question does not have much to do with Kait this time. Do you think that i should persue my writing? I always enjoy your books, as well as those of R.L Stine. They are inspiring and are always thought out so well. Like i said i am so anxious to hear from you and any updates with you and your family. I am praying for you and I hope you are healing a little more each day. I love you!

[from:Katy68]

Asked on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 02:09:22 PM
Reply: Thank you for liking my suspense novels. Writing is not an easy career. There's no stability -- you may have a best seller one year and be totally forgotten the next year. So, yes, persue your writing, but, if you're smart, you'll also develop an alternate means of support.

Kait's Death

Question: Ms. Duncan, I just finished reading Who Killed my Daughter? and it touched me so profoundly and emotionally, it made me sob for so long, that I could barely stop to write this. Is there anything that we, as your readers, can do to possbly help? Also, if her Vietnamese boyfriend (Dung Nguyen) still alive? and if so, why wouldn't he want to find her murderer as well as you, and if he had information about it, he should know that it is never too late to help you and your family in the search for your daughter's murderer. [From: book_girl12

Asked on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 07:10:57 AM
Reply: We continue to hope at, at some point, Dung will decide to help us. We don't believe he killed Kait, but we do believe that he has important information.

Any information?

Question: Lois, when i was in the 7th grade i read your touching book "Who killed my daughter?" It was the most beautifully written literature i have ever had the honor to read. It was also the first book to make me cry. I am now 17 years old and i still think about Kait all the time. Her story. What really happened? Why, she was so young and beautiful. I am as anxious as you are to find out what Really happened to your baby Kait. If there is ANYTHING i can do, please please please contact me at camarokaty68@yahoo.com I want to help.

[from: Katy68]

Asked on Friday, June 23, 2006 at 06:21:47 PM
Reply: Thank you, Katy. I don't know what anyone can do right now except (1) law enforcement, (2) our private investigator, and (3) tipsters with valid information.

"Who killed my daughter"

Question: I have been reading your books for years, I am 44, and have just reread "Who Killed My Daughter. I am sending it to my own daughter to read for 1) I could not put it down and 2) I want her to view the relationship you and your daughter had. She often thinks that I am too protective. I told her when she is 40 I will still tell her to "be careful" I decided to get online to see if there had been any resolutions. I am saddened to see that there has not. Will you write another book to update? On a different note, when I was younger I wanted to be a writer. I still do and since I am not getting any younger I had better start fast. lol. I just wanted to say that you have once again inspired me and hopefully I will quit procrastinating. God Bless you and yours. Another Mother

Asked on Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 05:18:37 AM
Reply: Wanting to protect our children, (grown or not), is part of being a mother. When my other two daughters, Robin and Kerry, were going through Kait's apartment after the shooting, looking for clues, (scribbles, doodles, phone numbers, notes she might have written to herself), they found a newspaper clipping I had just sent her about how important it was to wear a helmet when you ride a motor scooter. I had attached a note saying, 'Honey, PLEASE, wear your helmet!" Robin said it made her cry to see how hard I was trying to keep Kait safe -- but had no idea where th danger really lay.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next