Displaying 5681 - 5700 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 285 of 306)

Who did it? Kate Arquette

Question: Well I just got finished reading the book about this case, written by her mom. I had the impression during the entire book that the police are involved and the reason that the case was not actively investigated is that they are involved in the drug running. I think that there is a code between officers and people within the criminal justice field/law enforcement that they may have turned their noses at this case purposely in order to avoid exposing their wrong doing. It is a shame that things like this happen more often but they are not made public. I wish the family and friends of her closure with this unfortunate situation. I hope that justice does prevail and they get some answers as to what really happened the night Kate was killed.

Asked on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 01:57:28 PM
Reply: Thank you for your support.

Just a thought...

Question: I just can't get this case out of my mind! I posted a two-part comment last night (Unbelievable, Unbelievable II).

Just a thought - Have you tried contacting Dominick Dunne and/or Mark Fuhrman?

They had great success with the Martha Moxley case, which also involved police and political corruption. Mr. Dunne would certainly relate to your situation as you are both authors who have lost their daughters to violent circumstances (I'm sure you know this), and both suffered terrible injustices in the aftermath of their tragic deaths.

Mr. Fuhrman seems to have a great deal of success with cold cases, I believe his "brotherhood" with, and access to police officers, particularly retired officers, opens doors other investigators can't open. Didn't (Det.) Fuhrman spend time in the gang unit in LA? He may have contacts within various California police departments that may relate to the Asian gang activity that impacted Kait's case.

I think that the elements of this case encompass the criteria for Mr. Dunne's professional interest, he started researching the Martha Moxley case and wrote a book about it long before Michael Skakel ever came to light as a prime suspect. Mr. Fuhrman's professional investigative skills, and fresh perspective brought Mr. Dunne's (very controversial) speculation to fruition. Neither one seems remotely intimidated by money, politics or power - I think they're on a mission - seems like a good match for your case!

Again, no reply expected - it's just food for thought!

Asked on Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 02:11:03 PM
Reply: I did contact Dominick Dunne. He was gracious and sympathetic, but his interest is in crimes involving the rich and famous.

I've never been able to find a way to contact Mark Fuhrman. He seems unreachable.

Unbelievable II!

Question: Incidentally, I am slightly older than Kait and came of age around the same time she did. It was a different era then, there were certain cultural elements that still had a tinge of glamour and innocence - I got myself into plenty of situations with people who seemed sophisticated and exciting, and I definitely ended up in situations in which I was WAY out of my league. In retrospect, some of the people I was involved with were probably dangerous, and I was very naive. I am sure Kait found herself in circumstances beyond her control, and like me she probably didn\'t fully appreciate that fact until it was inescapable. I was very lucky. And sometimes it IS luck that separates us. I know she was a good kid, exploring her freedom, and looking to enrich her experiences - and she didn\'t confide in her very loving and involved parents because that\'s just a part of establishing your adult identity. I didn\'t tell my (very loving and involved) parents anything either, and like I said - I was LUCKY.

I am sorry for the long post, I just felt the need to reach out to you and let you know you\'re in my thoughts and prayers. I have a candle lighting ritual too, it\'s my personal way of connecting to my grandmother, I\'ll ask her to look out for Kait.

I know you\'ve got to be overwhelmed with replying to so many posts, and I don\'t have any information (I wish I did), so I won\'t be offended if you don\'t reply. I\'d like to think your pursuing good, solid leads instead!

Asked on Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 01:00:42 AM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words. I needed to hear them. As you can imagine, Kait's father and I have asked ourselves over and over -- "What could we have done that would have prevented this?" We still haven't found any answers.

Unbelievable!

Question: I read a lot of \"True Crime\" stories, particularly Ann Rule which is how I found this site. I have just spent hours reading about this case, and the posts on this site; I am ordering the book ASAP - New so the proceeds can fund your on-going efforts.

I am absolutely horrified by the way this case was handled, and how pervasive the corruption surrounding it is. The fact that this awful crime seemed to include involvement from the most basic street thugs, to the highest levels of the political and economic spectrum of New Mexico is mind-blowing. Actually, it\'s just terrifying.

I wonder if part of the diversion that occurred might have been a function of a larger DEA, or other type of Federal investigation. The fact that so much of the kids\' work environment and social connections related to shipping and traffic control in import/export companies is very suspect, in my opinion. Pier One has always specialized in product lines from Asia and South America, both (respectively) huge suppliers of opium and cocaine. I can\'t believe that an operation of that type could have gone unnoticed by government officials in a border state, at the height of the \"War on Drugs\". I\'m quite sure you\'ve thought of every option, however have you ever considered contacting John Douglas, the retired FBI \"Profiler\"?

Asked on Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 01:00:13 AM
Reply: We contacted the FBI on all levels, but did not personally contact Mr. Douglas.

Paul Apodaca again

Question: It's also apparent that Officer Merriman and Wallace who were the first two cops at the crime scene when Paul Apodaca was standing by Kait's car are involved in the cover-up. Have you tried reaching them or researched what has happened to them since?

Asked on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 01:46:40 PM
Reply: Our private investigator has interviewed both of them. They tell very different stories about the crime scene itself and about their actions at the scene.

Paul Apodaca

Question: In one of your web pages, you mention that Paul Apodaca lived and hung out by and Mom, Pop Convenience store and launderette. Do you remember what Mom and Pop convenience store and launderette it was?

Asked on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 01:42:55 PM
Reply: The store was at the corner of Garfield and Princeton. That was back in 1989. It may no longer be there. If it is, it very likely has changed owners.

T.V

Question: Mrs. Duncan with it being well over 10 years since televisin aired anything about your daughters murder,woudn`t you consider going on The Oprah Winfrey show?

Asked on Thursday, August 24, 2006 at 12:39:35 PM
Reply: I haven't been invited.

Unbelievable.

Question: I've had a copy of 'Who Killed My Daughter?' for several years, but just started reading it yesterday. I finished the book not 10 minutes ago, and decided to look online to see what eventually happened in the case. I'm appalled to find that it's still never been solved. I wanted to extend my condolences to you, Lois, as well as to your family. I consider myself to be pretty cynical toward the justice system, but even I was completely surprised by the lack of effort by the police in your daughter's case.

Asked on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 11:07:11 PM
Reply: Anyone who is not already "cynical toward the justice system" will become that way if they visit the Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com. And notice how many of those cases are from New Mexico!

predicting the future

Question: You know how you kind of predicted her death when you wrote about it in another book? Is that the only time something like that has happened to you? If not, what else happened?

Asked on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 01:04:24 PM
Reply: I didn't "predict her death." It's just that various details -- some of them unimportant -- that would later surface in her case investigation somehow found their way into DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU, a fiction story I wrote just prior to her death. The term for that sort of thing is "precognition." No, it never happened to me before that. At least, not that I'm aware of.

Police?

Question: What leads you to the thoughts of the police covering information?

Asked on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 08:33:44 AM
Reply: That will become obvious to you when you read the description of the crime scene.

Also, we have received personal information from honest police officers that a particular high ranking member of the Police Union issued an order to "blanket (protect)the officers" who were involved in the cover-up.

re: Paul Apodaca

Question: I have read all the information on this web site, including the book you wrote, "Who Killed My Daughter" and I too believe Paul Apodaca was the shooter. Or, he was definitely involved with some aspect of her murder, possibly knowing who do the shooting if it was not himself.

Albuquerque

Asked on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 01:06:00 PM
Reply: He was obviously there when it happened. And he wasn't alone.

Det. Merriman (the first officer at the scene) states in his report that when he drove past the scene he saw TWO CARS -- Kait's red Ford Tempo and a second car, which was later identified as a VW bug. He turned around a few blocks down and returned to the scene, and now there was only ONE car -- Kait's car, up against a pole, with Kait sprawled across the two front seats. And Paul Apodaca was standing next to her car.

What happened to the VW bug? It didn't leave the scene all by itself. Somebody drove thatcar away, leaving Paul Apodaca at the scene. (Paul Apodaca owned a VW bug.)

Answered by: Kait's mom

It has to be Paul Apodaca

Question: How come you haven't found a single police that will listen to all of the things you are figuring out? I believe it had to be Paul Apodaca that murdered her. It's sad that we don't have police that care 100% about their community. They seemed to carelessly tell someone they saw a wreck, but failed to noticed a bloody body in the car. They also didn't look in to who commited this crime. Apodaca must have been a part of it, along with someone talking to her boyfriend.

Asked on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 03:40:27 PM
Reply: Paul Apodaca is a possible suspect. Especially since he was the first person at the scene, and after 17 years, no law enforcement officer will question him.

One private investigator asked us, "Whose snitch was he, that the cops would protect him like this?"

We don't know the answer, but if anybody out there does know it, please, tell us by private e-mail.

Answered by: Kait's mom

new book question

Question: why is your new book going to be called the talley keeper? Do you think that the police are covering up alot of info, if so why?
-from:missingkaitA.

Asked on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 07:51:32 AM
Reply: The title THE TALLY KEEPER will be explained in detail in the book. The bottom line is, in ancient wars, a "tally keeper" walked around after the battles and kept a "tally" of how many people were killed.

One psychic who worked on Kait's case identified a particular person as a "tally keeper" in this lifetime, who was keeping tabs on wrong-doers, not just in Kait's case, but in numerous other cases, and would eventually expose them.

Answered by: Kait's mom

question

Question: I was remembering your book about kait and you said that she had a dimple on her face. by her eye? and you used to call it God's thumbprint.
Was that one of the places kait was shot? I could not remember if it was or not. On another note, how are your children dealing with Kait's death? Do they help you with the case or is it just you and your husband. Also, was Kait younger or older than the rest of your children. I was just wondering. I read the comment about Kait maybe trying to protect you. I do believe that could be a possibility. I don't think you should give up though, because it may not be a possibility. I have told all of my friends about your case when i was at band camp. And one night at bible study we said a prayer for you. I am also going to send in a prayer request for you and your family at my church. I believe that things help with prayer. Have you heard from Dung? well i will let you go~~~ good luck, katy68

Asked on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 08:57:23 AM
Reply: Yes. Incredible as it seems, the oddly placed dimple on Kait's face, next to her eye, is where the first bullet struck. It's as if she was born with her fate preplanned and a bulls eye on her face.

Our other children help us in any way they can. Kait was the baby of the family.

No, we have had no contact with Dung since the year of the shooting.

Answered by: Kait's mom

KAIT ARQUETTE

Question: HELLO, I know you have had psychics, but have you read Allison DuBois. She has written two books, Don't Kiss Them Good-Bye 2004, and We Are Their Heaven, which to me are very good books. She sounds very promising from reading chapters,written by her clients. Kait has a voice and I believe her desire to protect you is out weighing her desire to bring her killers to a justice system that my fell her again and put you in harms way. With the right medium, maybe she can be convinced to open up and it will be hard, cause when it come to protecting her family, she is like stone, she won't break her silence. I think that she enjoys being your families guide and now little Kait is watching over and protecting her family. I think she likes that. STILL HOPING

Asked on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 01:19:44 AM
Reply: Thank you for that suggestion. But Allison DuBois is not taking on any new clients.

Answered by: Kait's mom

{from arti}

Question: hi,
i wrote to you awhile back and have since read kait's book a number of times,since that time i have myself become a mother.knowing how precious my daughter is to me i can only wish that these monsters do get caught,though it has been way to long don't give up hope.you are very admirable and i believe kait would have agreed with that.i would like to know how you and your husband are doing?are you still writing?how are your kids?and is the book tally keeper going to come out soon?you,your family and kait is always in my prayers.
arti

Asked on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 03:59:20 AM
Reply: My husband and I are hanging in there. But we're getting tired. Seventeen years is a long time to keep a private investigation going when you're fighting The System all the way.

Our surviving children are fine. Robin's web site is at lullabysongs.net. Kerry has started her own publishing company, Cantata. I don't have the ORL in front of me right now, but you can google it.

Yes, I'm still writing, but not as prolifically as before Kait's death. THE TALLY KEEPER will be published when I have an ending for the story.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Various

Question: How is Paul Doing?

How Old would Kait be today?

Asked on Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 03:57:02 PM
Reply: Paul's doing great.

Kait was born on September 18, 1970.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Dear Ms. Duncan

Question: I just wanted to say that I first read your book when I was 14 and it stuck with me as a very dear friend of mine was murdered in a small town outside of Bakersfield, Ca. and the police deemed it a suicide even though none of the evidence added up to a suicide. She was 16. I finally found the book at a small used bookstore last year on my 21st birthday and bought it immediately. I know in my heart my friend will not recieve the justice she deserves but I continually pray for you and yur family and for Kait's spirit that you recieve the justice that so many others have not found. I pray you be the guiding light that shines a light on the corruption of the system and maybe one day people can fully trust the law.

Asked on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 11:11:16 PM
Reply: I echo your hopes.

Deepest sympathy

Question: My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.
I believe that if you want something bad enough that it will happen, therefor I truly believe that this case will be solved. I'll pray for all of you....

[From: Heather]

Asked on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 09:06:36 PM
Reply: Thank you, Heather.

I need some info..

Question: Ms. Duncan,
this is katy68, I hope things are coming along with the case. I have a question that does not have anything to do with the case. I would ask you through e-mail but you are harder to get in touch with than i thought! :)
Well, I really want to write children's books but I just don't know how to get started! My family does not have alot of money due to my father's recent death and the fact that we were denied Social Security, in fact we didn't get any income after his death. So we were left sitting in a hole. Luckily we have close friends.But as I said I reallllllllly want to get started, I am asking you because I knew you started had a book published when you were very young. If there is a better way we can discuss this, feel free to email me @ camarokaty68@yahoo.com. I would love if there is any good advice you can give me. I am so eager for my literature to be known. I have taken several aptitude test and gotten positive responses. I have also been complimented by many teachers, now I just need to get my foot in the door, Please help! from: katy68

Asked on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 08:30:00 PM
Reply: I responded to your private e-mail, Katy. Perhaps my reply got buried in your "In Box." I'd prefer to keep the focus of this message board on subjects related to Kait's case.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next