Displaying 5541 - 5560 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 278 of 306)

you were correct

Question: Ms. Duncan,
it is me again katy68, my friends mother got home on Thursday night and she has been to the emergency room 2 times for panic attacks, they just told the girls little brother that she passed on and i don't know how he took it, they were incredibly close, thank you for your prayers, i pray for you as you pray for the Barnes family...god bless katy68

Asked on Friday, November 24, 2006 at 01:34:36 PM
Reply: Our hearts go out to this family, but I think it's best that you not continue to post information about them. They're entitled to the privacy of their grief.

Abel Trujillo 04/02/04

Question: Regarding your statement that the police car ran the stop sign. The police car was traveling south on Third St. The stop sign was for Constitution and the car that was hit. Ask for the dispatch audio. You can clearly hear the siren when the officer called out for assistance.

Asked on Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 04:51:23 PM
Reply: This has nothing to do with Kait's case. That statement, which was posted on the Real Crimes web site, came from the Albq. Journal. The city settled out of court.

why

Question: Ms. Duncan,
on monday i got a call saying that one of my friends on our twirling line had a brain aenurism and was transported to shreveport louisiana. Today i got another call and i was informed she was brain dead taken off of life support and died. The question i keep pondering is why, she was 14 years old had just made the flag line, overall a good girl. Two days ago she had no idea her mother would be making her funeral arrangements. Tonight they are donating her organs to help those in need. I can only relate this somewhat to your story, a young innocent girl taken without any warning. Her mom is better than expected but i just know it is gonna hit her hard when she gets home and sees her bedroom and once belongings. On saturday we had gone to a twirling contest and she was fine, happy, healthy. This is just such a shock, i feel like i can relate to Kaits friends.....may God bless those who we cannot see. katy68

Asked on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 06:50:09 PM
Reply: What a tragic and heartbreaking story! I am so sorry. That mother may look like she's holding up fine, but that's because she's still in shock. You're right, it's going to hit her later, and that's going to be horrendous. I hope that you and other friends of the family will be there for her when that happens. She's going to need you.

I can't answer the question, "Why?" any more than you can. I wouldn't presume to try.

I'm glad your friend's parents donated her organs. Kait was also an organ doner, and we've taken comfort in the fact that she was able to help others survive, even though she could not survive herself.

Your friend's family will be in my prayers. What a terrible Thanksgiving for them!

My sentiments exactly!

Question: At Thanksgiving, we always think about what we are thankful for, and it usually never extends beyond ourselves and our own families.

The post below echoes my thoughts, and I am also very thankful that you are receiving credible information.

Kait was lucky to have been a part of such a wonderful and caring family. There are many people who just don't care about their children, and to see the love that is apparent among you - even through cyberspace - is uplifting.

I'm hoping that you, Don, Kait's siblings and all the grandchildren are together this Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Blessings & best wishes,
Kim

PS: I'm counting the days until "HIDE ME" is published. :-)

Asked on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 10:18:02 AM
Reply: Thank you, Kim. We, in turn, wish a lovely Thanksgiving to every member of "Kait's Army"!

your good work is important

Question: Thanks for posting the new excerpts from \"The Tally Keepers.\" It just amazes me how the news media in this country can\'t get interested in injustice and corruption on its own; the victims and their families have to dress it up like entertainment for them. No wonder the country is in the mess it is in, at all levels. And I can\'t help wondering about politicians--either they know about this corruption and they enable it, or they are just clueless. Hard to say which is scarier, but the result is that people get away with murder.

A recent post suggested you let your search for answers and justice go. My first thought was: No way! Kait's life was short, but it has meaning far beyond her time on this earth. Here we all are: her family members, who have worked together to uncover layers of corruption; those who help the family do that work, including those who have been long burdened with knowledge with no safe place to take it; those who have followed the story with their prayers and hopes. Many people have no doubt learned, for the first time, that the government will lie and the media can\'t or won\'t always tell the whole story. Through your work, and this board, and the other websites that have grown up around this case, will continue to teach people what can happen to victims and their families and how to fight back.

There is no way of knowing how much good your work has done. So thank you, and God give you continued strength to do the right things, even though it must be very hard.

Wishing you hope and happiness and a good Thanksgiving.

Asked on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 09:46:13 AM
Reply: Thank you for that lovely message. It's particularly meaningful, because, as I revise THE TALLY KEEPER, I find myself rereading psychic readings from over 15 years ago. Here is a portion of a reading by Betty Muench in 1991, before WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published:

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE POTENTIAL FOR LOIS'S BOOK, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?

ANSWER: There is this energy that shows that this work is to fulfill its purpose. This will not have been only to find the murderer, but this will have also been a tribute by this one mother to this one child, and this will go beyond this lifetime.

There will be in this a potential, which will reach out to many people in many different ways. There will be people who will find affinity in the loss of a child, and others who will find affinity in the inappropriate behaviors of police and crime solvers. There will come much attention to this aspect of the book all over the country, and much will come out of that for the betterment of policemen all over.

hello

Question: Hello Mrs. Arquette, Just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you truly enjoy the day. Also, I was wondering if any new info on kait's case has come up, and if you're able to post any of it on here? I am excited to read about the new events concerning your daughter's case. Have a good one

Asked on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 06:44:29 AM
Reply: There's nothing new that I would feel comfortable reporting right now. But I've spent the past month adding new information to THE TALLY KEEPER. This is like watching the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle fall into place and form a picture that is as much a surprise to me as it will be to others.

Is this the same Bob Schwartz?

Question: I was doing a GOOGLE search on "Bob Schwartz" and "Albuquerque District Attorney" and this is one of the articles I found:

COPYRIGHT 1999 Albuquerque Journal

Byline: Journal staff and wire reports

AROUND NEW MEXICO

GALLUP -- Former Albuquerque District Attorney Bob Schwartz has been hired as a special prosecutor to oversee a grand jury investigation into the gunshot death of a Gallup car dealer.

Paul Fitzjerrell died in November 1997 at his car lot. The dead man's relatives have sued the city of Gallup, alleging wrongful death and a cover-up.

Off-duty officer Michael Brandau had reported Fitzjerrell shot himself with Brandau's gun. Brandau, who said he had been sitting beside Fitzjerrell at the time, initially told dispatchers the shooting appeared to be suicide, then said it was accidental.

The family's lawsuit, filed last June, alleged Gallup police either were negligent in investigating the death or covered up for a fellow officer.
COPYRIGHT 1999 Albuquerque Journal

Asked on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 10:42:50 PM
Reply: I'm aware of that case and the outragious outcome.

Mike Brandau was indicted, and it seemed as if the family was finally going to get justice. Then Mike’s defense attorney dropped the bombshell: Mike was protected by "Garrity."

Garrity is a special, protective right awarded to police officers to prevent self-incriminating statements from being used against them in court. The fact that the Gallup PD deliberately allowed information from Mike’s Internal Affairs statement to become mixed in with other information contaminated the case beyond repair. The judge threw out the indictment on the grounds that Mike’s civil rights had been violated.

When Mike was asked at the pre-trial how he knew about Garrity, he proudly announced that he was a member of the Fraternal Order of Police, who counsel all their members to insist on Garrity whenever they are accused of crimes. “By doing so you will ensure that your statements and reports cannot be used as evidence against you in any proceedings before any agency bound by the rules of evidence,” says the FOP guide sheet. “Our advice is that we all use the procedure all of the time.”

That night Bob Schwartz stated on television news: “Because they (the Gallup police) didn’t keep the Internal Affairs investigation and the criminal investigation separate, this case is so infected that you can never disinfect it. It may not be possible for this case to ever go forward again because of the actions of the Gallup Police Department.”

Will there be?

Question: Hello,Its Jackie again.
I heard there was going to be a sequel to the Who killed my daughter book,is there a sequel.If so can you tell me the title,so I can check it out in my local library.And if there are any sites with more information about Kaitlyn,could you please tell me about them.I know you've porbably heard this alot,but I am sorry for your loss,I wish you the best of luck.
Thank You!
Jackie

Asked on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 04:44:57 PM
Reply: Scroll two posts down and you'll find information about this.

Your Book

Question: Dear Mrs.Duncan
I read you book "Who killed my daughter?".I must say it was really good,and it was a very heartbreaking story,it made me wanna cry,you were so strong and helpful.I am a twelve year old who loves your books,I enjoyed "Don't look behind you!".Please if you have any sites about Kaitlyn,please add them in your answer back to this comment.
Thank You!
Jackie

Asked on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 04:22:41 PM
Reply: Kait's case is also featured on the Real Crimes site at www.realcrimes.com.

Tally Keeper Excerpts

Question: Thank you for posting those excerpts from the upcoming sequel to Who Killed My Daughter. I wondered a lot about that appearance you did on Larry King with the Albq. DA Bob Schwartz, how you linked up with him to do that, etc. Now I know.

All I want now is to see a copy of that TV show. Any chance you can post a link to that? There are ways to link video to web sites.

Asked on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 02:43:31 PM
Reply: Having been born in the '30s, I'm "technically challenged". I've heard this is possible but have no idea how to do it.

I have video cassettes and DVDs, stored somewhere in the attic, of TV news coverage from the crime scene and some of the shows I appeared on, like Larry King and Good Morniing America with Bob Schwartz. I might be able to unearth those, but wouldn't know how to link them to this web site. Perhaps someone out there could advise me.

I assume clips from shows like Unsolved Mysteries and Larry King would have to be very short, since those are copyrighted. Possibly we could get their permission to show longer segments.

At any rate, you've given us something to think about. Bob Schwartz may have his own copies of GMA and LK. We left Albq. in 1992, and have had almost no contact with him since then. For all I know, he may be deceased. If not, does anyone know how to reach him to see if he has copies of those shows and would like to have them re-aired?

The Tally Keeper

Question: Just read the Tally Keeper excerpts! My God, I can't wait for that book to come out! DA Bob Schwartz, Larry King, Good Morning America, Sally Jessy Raphael, APD police chief Joe Polisar, your sure playing the full deck. You are one gutsy lady.

Asked on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 03:13:44 PM
Reply: "Gutsy," no. No more than any other parent of a murdered child who does everything he/she can to continue investigating after police drop off the unsolved case.

ButI am more fortunate than many, because I'm a professional writer and in a position to get books published. Most families can't do that. Which is why I hope you will visit the Real Crimes website at realcrimes.com.

"The full deck"? What you see in the excerpts here from The Tally Keeper do NOT represent the ""full deck. There are kings and aces and jokers not yet exposed. But they will be in the book. Or possibly sooner.

The sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?

Question: What's the status of THE TALLY KEEPER? How far along are you?

Asked on Sunday, November 19, 2006 at 03:38:48 PM
Reply: Many of you have asked about THE TALLY KEEPER, the sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? that I've been writing in real time as new events occur in our on-going investigation of Kait's murder. This book, begins where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? (published in 1992) left off. The sequel isn't totally finished, because new information keeps surfacing, and I keep adding new chapters. But recent information from a credible informant makes me think that I may actually be into the home stretch.

My hope is to see this published as a companion book to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

If you're interested in reading a few short excerpts from various chapters, we now have a link to excerpts from THE TALLY KEEPER in the menu on Kait's home page. Those excerpts will give you an idea of what the book will be like.

Those of you who have visited this site before may need to refresh the page to get access to that new link.

Thank you for caring about us and about Kait.

Answered by: Lois Duncan, Kait's mother

Lois

Question: So the police would not listen to yall? Do you think someone is paying them off?

Asked on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 08:01:11 AM
Reply: We have no evidence of that. If you have reason to believe that, please, contact us by private e-mail.

Answered by: Kait's mom

your son brett

Question: My daughter is doing a book report about your book on Kaits murder when she got the book she ask me to read the back and i did and from there i couldnt put it down and read it all yesterday,my heart goes out to you and Lois dont stop what your doing if this is what you need more power to you,your amazeing!Anyways as i read your book i was so worried about your son Brett,how is he doing now?I lost 2 brothers and my herat went out 2 him he just kept running,i hpe hes doing better,i will pray for your family daily!!!!!GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS

Asked on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 05:12:31 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring about our surviving children.

Brett says that losing his little sister caused him to realize how short life is and how important it is to make every minute count. He spent some time alone, adjusting to his loss and deciding what to do with his life. He is now running the state computer system for -- (it's probably best not to give the specifics, so I'll just say he's doing well.) He's happily married and has blessed us with three lovely grandchildren, now aged 2, 3, and 5.

Answered by: Kait and Brett's mom

Lois

Question: What was the last book you wrote and are u still writing mysteries, if so what was the last one you wrote? And is eveything true about what the physic said? That was a great book about your life and how it changed when your daughter died. It's hard to believe that the police are just ignoring itand do the still think it's a random shooting? You are in my prayers!!!!!!!!!

Asked on Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 03:47:31 PM
Reply: After Kait's murder, I found I could not write suspense novels about young women in life threatening situations when our own real one was unsolved. So I stopped writing teenage suspsense novels. I continued to write other things.

This past year, I did write a new young adult suspense novel, titled HIDE ME, because I thought it was an important story to tell. I just completed it, so I don't know the publication date.

Answered by: KIait's mom

My Prayers have and continue to be with you

Question: I was just wandering if you have had any headway on your daughter's murder? I was eighteen when she was shot, my parents live in the North Valley and I remember this incident and try to keep up on it. I always keep Kait and you in my prayers. I hope that your efforts pay off and the people who hurt your daughter pay for what they have done not only here on earth but in the afterlife as well... I have not had the opportunity to get your book, but I will...Again, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that God will grant you all the prayers and give you closure to this horrible and totally unnecessary loss of life...

Karen

Asked on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 03:33:24 PM
Reply: Shat a bautiful message. Thank you.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Question: May God send an Angel to scream the truth to the heavens above.

Asked on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 07:45:14 AM
Reply: Not only for us, but for thousands of other families in our same situation. Please, visit the Real Crimes website that my husband and I have created at www.realcrimes.com, to help other families in our situation keep their loved ones' stories from becoming buried and forgotten.

And that "Angel" you pray for isn't going to suddenly drop from the heavens. He or she is already here and is wrestling with a hard decision. Speak out or don't speak out?

I am out now

Question: fyi
due to the grace of god I was out in a couple days but how dare them try to keep me in the same building with him. that was wrong.

still in alb
god bless you.

Asked on Monday, November 13, 2006 at 09:21:42 AM
Reply: When is your trial? Do you have a good defense attorney?

Answered by: Kait's mom

you are correct

Question: I am sorry for your loss, but i need to be careful. I am the only living witness left and they need me dead. I am not supposed to make it to trail, last week I was railroaded by the law and it make get worse. I can trust no one but I am here for you and some others. I am not safe but I can't talk about it. Trail is near and heat is on. They locked me up with the serial murder. I have to go. pray for me

Still in alb.

Asked on Monday, November 13, 2006 at 09:17:37 AM
Reply: If you will send us your information by private e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com, we guarantee confidentiality.

Answered by: Kait's mom

?

Question: Hello Mrs. Arquette My name is Rebecca and I am 21 I have had your book " Who Killed my Daughter" since I was in the 6th grade and I started the book last night and finished it today. I wish I could help you or had information, I even feel guilty for posting on the message board because I know it was intended for the solving in the case. However, your book has touched me in a way that I am not even sure of yet, my heart and mind went out to your family with every page, but your book also made me think about this world in a different light as well, I am just so sorry for what the APD and who ever you have not found yet has made you go through. Anyway I just felt like I had to say something to you. From everything I have read and reading your books alone I think you are a remarkable woman and I wish the best of luck. One more thing, I am sure you couldn't but I have to offer, if you coud use any kind of help at all, stuffing envelopes, monitoring sites, anything to help you in any way for your case or anything, I would be more than happy to help you in anway. I am sorry for the long message, I am a rambler. Good luck in all Rebecca

Asked on Monday, November 13, 2006 at 03:12:07 AM
Reply: Thank you for your offer of help, Rebecca. It is greatly appreciated. At this point I think we have the "busy work" under control, but it's good to know that help is available if we need it.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next