Displaying 5461 - 5480 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 274 of 306)

hi

Question: hi how are you lois duncin

Asked on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 10:15:23 AM
Reply: I'm well, thank you.

question

Question: What ever happened to Dung? I read in the book that no one knew what happen to him.

Asked on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 08:29:26 AM
Reply: When my book came out, he left town and moved for a while to the Pacific Northwest. Then, when the dust settled, he returned to Albuquerque with a new girlfriend who, everyone tells us, looks very much like Kait. I don't know where he is right now. He doesn't keep in touch with us.

question

Question: I just got finished reading your book. I just wanted to express to you how upsetting it is to know the Police would do all this covering up. My question is did you ever think about bringing a law suit against the police dep. for their actions in this case? It said in your book that you had an app. with the FBI to give them all the info you had, What ever came out of that?

I just want to let you and your family know that our thoughts and pryers are with you in your fight to find out who killed your daughter.

Sincerely,
Kristie Sheriff
Shippensburg, PA

Asked on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 06:26:15 AM
Reply: You can't sue the police for performing a poor investigation. "Everybody makes mistakes, but no malice was intended."

The FBI does have access to our information. But there's no way to know if they're doing anything about it.

MY THOUGHTS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Question: hi i just wanna say i am deeply sorry to hear about your daughter and i read your book Who Killed My Daughter my junior year of high school when i had to do book reports i have read several of your books and did a book talk on Who Killed My Daughter i was just so interested in the whole book the whole story that every since then i just been coming on here reading what information you have to give. i just wanna say that i hope an pray that you will find who killed your daughter and i hope someone comes forward its been so long i wasnt even born yet when it happened im 19 i think someone should come forward i just sit and wonder about people why they would remain silent about somethin so horrible something that could prolly happen to their daughter, sister, friend, anyone they loved. im so mad on how things just turned out yea maybe they are scared to say somethin like the girl sharon but really if she was kait\\\'s REAL friend no matter what she should of came forward why lie about somethin an kait\\\'s boyfriend why he lied why he remainning quite for if he loved her he would say something too

NEVER GIVE UP AND MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ONE DAY JUST ONE DAY THIS WILL ALL BE OVER AND KAIT WILL FINALLY REST IN PEACE.

Asked on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 09:16:25 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind thoughts and your prayers.

Question: how did you create this page, did it cost money??? has it lead to any clues??? i am writing a research paper on you, so could you please provide the following, thanks god bless

Asked on Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 10:57:33 AM
Reply: Kait's sister, Robin, designed Kait's web site.

Yes, it costs money.

Yes, it has led to many clues. Most of those are from people who read what's on the site, realize they have information that they didn't realize we were looking for, and contact us directly, rather than posting it on the message board. Then we have private investigators follow up on that information in order to confirm it.

Texas special investigation units

Question: I'm from Texas. You mention the Texas International Association of Special Investigation Units having "their own bones to pick" with APD.

How do you know that?

Asked on Friday, January 05, 2007 at 02:49:59 PM
Reply: In spring of 1995,I was asked to substitute as dinner speaker at the annual convention of the Texas International Association of Special Investigation Units in Austin, Texas. (The scheduled speaker, Texas Governor George W. Bush, had cancelled out at the last minute and left them floundering.)

After my presentation, a number of people from that group came up to me and described their own experiences with APD. One statement that I can repeat word for word -- this will stay in my head forever -- was from a female investigator, who told me she had been treated with such hostility by the APD officer she had met with in regard to a Vietnamese fraud case that overlapped the two states, that she decided to go over his head. She told me, "My thought was,'I'm going to report this rude little boy to his parent.' I kept doggedly working my way up the chain of command, and I discovered that there WAS NO PARENT. The corruption went all the way to the top!"

kait

Question: kait is resting in peace. this world does not matter to her anymore. anything evil on this earth is now far from her. respect that she is gone. heaven is a place for resting, there she is.

The dead do not know anything, Ecclesiastes 9:5, "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing."

Asked on Friday, January 05, 2007 at 09:44:49 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring enough to share your personal beliefs.

International Exposure and Reward

Question: I just came across this site. First I want to say I admire your determination and perserverance. One of my favorite quotes is "Without perserverance, the snail would never have made it to the ark."

I guess I mean to say that perserverance usually pays off. I am looking forward to seeing that happen in this case.

I am from GA, and lived in NY during the time of this horrible crime. Unfortunately, I have never heard about it before. One would think that in all my years of watching "America's Most Wanted" and "Court TV" that I would have come across this story.

I am wondering if you have ever gone that route? National exposure helps, and international exposure is better. Has a fund been set aside to offer a reward leading to information on this case? Unfortunately most "mob" type crimes are not solved without a hefty reward being offered. Usually in cases like that there is a "low man on the totem pole" who is willing to risk getting caught for a large sum of money.

I understand that you can't rely on local authorities to help in a situation like that, but there ARE good cops who would love a chance to catch someone giving their title a bad name. What kind of outside help are you using?

I wish I could say or do something to ease this burden for you. I can not imagine what you are going through. I wish you the best and good luck.

Asked on Thursday, January 04, 2007 at 04:40:37 PM
Reply: Thank you for your questions and suggestions.

Kait's case was featured on Good Morning America, Larry King Live, Unsolved Mysteries, Inside Edition, Sally Jesse Raphael, and a number of other TV shows, and in People Magazine.

We did offer, and are still offering, a $25,000 reward to anyone who supplies us with new information that directly leads to the arrest and conviction of Kait's killer(s).

We have received outside help (most of it pro bono) from private investigators; insurance fraud investigators in California; the editor and staff of the John Cooke Fraud Report, a national trade paper for insurance claims investigators; members of the Texas International Association of Special Investigation Units, many of whom have their own bones to pick with APD in regard to cover-ups of Vietnamese fraud activity; a handwriting expert from the Vidoc Society, who determined that the affectionate note Dung told police Kait left for him that night was not in her handwriting; forensic experts and crime scene technicians from out of state police departments; members of the International Association of Asian Crime Investigators, who wanted to become involved in the investigation but were told to "butt out"; the late Steve Schiff, United States Congressman from New Mexico, who submitted Kait's case to Attorney General Janet Reno, requesting that the Justice Department look into a possible police cover-up, (he was told that the federal five-year statute of limitations prohibited their intervention); and some good cops at APD, who have provided us with information in return for our guarantee that we will not reveal their identities. We bless every one of those good people.

Never Give Up

Question: In response to the person who wrote that after 17 years, you should give up the struggle to find out what happened to Kait: In Pittsburgh this fall, a man was arrested for the murder of his girlfriend's daughter, Nicole Bryer. He had confessed, but he was let go because prosecutors could not prove she had been killed because there her body was never found. Nicole was murdered in 1982. In 1988, a Pennsylvania Superior Court decision allowed authorities to assume a missing person had been murdered after 7 years.

In theory, the confessed murderer could have been charged as early as 1995, but for some reason, the case languished until 2006. Now the murderer is in jail where he belongs. It took 24 years.
My own thought is that no one was pushing for resolution, because the mother was involved at least in covering up the crime (she claimed her daughter was abducted, an early Susan Smith), and once the case cooled off, there was no one to badger the authorities to get moving.

I know Lois will never quit, and many of us will continue to check the site and send out our love and prayers for Kait and to her family. Every mother, every family responds differently to these tragedies, but if someone murdered a love one of mind, I would hunt him to the end of my days.

Asked on Thursday, January 04, 2007 at 10:31:11 AM
Reply: Since my husband and I created the Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com, to help other families in our situation find closure, it's been interesting to see that almost 90 percent of the time it is the mother or sister of the victim who does not let go. There seems to be a basic difference in the nature of women when it comes to seeking truth and justice for murdered loved ones. Maybe it's because mothers carried those children in their wombs and, therefore, they are part of them forever? And sisters may have the same instinctive maternal feelings, especially if the victims were younger siblings. I know Kait's sisters feel like that.

I hope you will visit that web site. You will see that, with a few exceptions -- (the cases of Stephanie and Crystal Houston are strong examples of a FATHER who wouldn't quit) -- usually the mothers and sisters have turned into tigers, and the males in the family have been able to put the tragic incidents behind them and/or hand them over to the women to deal with.

Understandably, in many cases, that leads to divorce.

What was the APD evidence room scandal?

Question: I'm one of many people engrossed in this case who doesn't live iin New Mexico. Can you elaborate on the evidence room scandal and Sgt. Orr?

Asked on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 at 03:14:37 PM
Reply: This past year, the state Attorney General received an anonymous letter claiming that for many years police employees had been stealing huge amounts of cash, drugs, guns, and other valuable items from the evidence room and APD management had covered that up.

The police chief denied the accusation and invited the media to tour the evidence room to see how great it was. During the tour, Sgt. Orr seemed reluctant to answer questions and asked her supervisor if she had permission to speak freely. He told her to go ahead, so she told the reporter that the police chief had lied to the public and had failed to act despite repeated warnings of evidence theft by specific individuals. She also described how officers under criminal investigation were allowed to work in the evidence room where they were free to tamper with the evidence in their own cases.

USA Today picked up the story and it continued to accelerate as additional whistle-blowers came forward. The list of valuable property that had been sold at auction or "taken to the dump," (which we assume meant employees took it home with them), grew longer and longer, including such things as a $15,000 plasma television set which evidence room personnel said they “took to the dump” because it had a crack in it.

The police chief resigned, and a major clean-up took place (or is in the process of taking place). In the course of that clean-up, we were finally able to reclaim the materials from Kait’s desk, which had been held as evidence (of a “random drive-by shooting?) for 16 years.

all it will take is ONE PERSON

Question: All it took was ONE moral person with the courage of her convictions to expose the APD Evidence Room scandal. I'll never forget Sergeant Orr's courageous statement:

"Am I implicating the chief in assisting in this cover-up? Absolutely. Do I know this is a dangerous accusation to make? Absolutely. BUT I KNOW THIS IS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE."

In the case of your daughter's murder, you've guaranteed not to reveal the informant's identity, so they won't be putting themselves on the line like Sgt. Orr did. I can't believe there's not one single person with the guts to contact you with the whole sordid story just because "this is something that needs to be done."

Asked on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 at 12:51:52 PM
Reply: My dream would be to could clone APD Sgt. Cynthia Orr and put 100 of her in every police department in this country.

Lois

Question: I love your book I know it had to be hard to write I'm so sorry for what happend to you daughter. You should really do a lifetime movie about your daughter. GOD BLESS YOU !

Asked on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 at 09:36:42 AM
Reply: I have had a number of offers from production companies who want to option Kait's story for either a box office or TV movie. I've turned them all down, because I learned the hard way (from my novel, I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, being turned into a disgusting slasher film, that bore little resemblance to my book), that once Hollywood takes over, the script writer can do anything he/she wants to alter the story to sensationalize it. That may not matter all that much if the story is fiction and all the author wants is to make some money from the movie rights. But all our family has going for us with Kait's story is the fact that every statement in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? is accurate. I couldn't bear to have Kait's story distorted.

Question: i am not trying to be negative, but i don't see an ending to this case no matter how bad we all want it solved, if the people who did it have kept it covered for 17 years then i highly doubt that there is any uncovering in the future, these people will stop at nothing to keep it burried and it is covered deep. It is just being scratched at the surface. This case is like a callous that has just been layered and layered over the years. and now that the police are not going to reactivate it, evil has them on their side. i hate to be negative, but i am just being logical. life deals us all sorts of hands, unfortunatly not all of them are a royal flush. best wishes to the family, maybe i will be proved wrong i sure do hope so, let this little girl rest.

Asked on Monday, January 01, 2007 at 08:40:58 PM
Reply: I happen to feel just the opposite. The more time that goes by, the more chance we have of someone contacting us with the truth.

The same people who knew what happened in 1989, still know it today. And others have learned it in the meantime through pillow talk or somebody who talked too much after having an extra drink.

Those people are aging. Each time they look in the mirror – or color the roots of their hair, or detect a lump in the breast or experience a pain in the chest – they become aware of their mortality.

It won’t be terribly long before they have to face Kait. And she is NOT resting in peace. She will be there waiting for them.

Iglesius (2)

Question: It wouldnt surprise me if kick back schemes in a wide range of public projects have been used to fund political compaigns that retain the longstanding power structure in NM. You know how the orange barrels are always out in ABQ but no one is working for weeks? Tax payers are paying for that and its obviously unnecessary expense.

Larry Barker\'s expose clearly shows that contractual traceability was not maintained relating to the courthouse procurements.

Who should understand contractual law better than legal experts? When you look at the functions discussed on this website (politicians, judges, lawyers, law enforcement, business owners, professional athletes, gangs) its pretty suggestive of something very large and powerful and sustained by large cash flows. where do cash flows come from? Public works projects? Smuggling? Car thefts? I\'d take a very close look at the way things work in Mexico and Sicily, which is well documented, to understand how things may be working in this state. Just a thought. Keep the heat on.

Asked on Monday, January 01, 2007 at 07:35:22 AM
Reply: We're not in a position to "keep the heat on" in any way other than to continue our personal investigation of our own child's murder. But, to our amazement, that seems to be like tugging a thread in a blanket and watching whole rows of stuff unravel. Maybe if EVERYBODY tugged with all their might at whatever one thread they can get a grip on, things would be exposed that none of us ever dreamed of.

This is an interesting reading done by psychic Betty Muench a number of years ago:

“There will be this which will go beyond the enforcement officers of the law, for none locally can be trusted with this. But there will be other legal activity, which will be connected to this. This will have to do with the infiltrating of certain groups, and this can only be done by men. This will have to be very assertive and aggressive and will ultimately require the use of the authorities in the manner of certain police actions.

“It will be like starting from the top and tracing all this information downward. There is an organization that will hold much information for Kait's family. It will seem to be an intellectual group, clear and true in their intentions. Watch dogs.

“There will be a final need to act, which will require the use of the highest form of policing, and that will be the federal level. There will come those with high integrity who can be trusted, and they will work with what what Kait's family already has, and this will aid her greatly in the finding of those who will have knowledge of Kait's murder.

“Right now there is this group which is not understanding how things operate and they will be making their own rules. When this will border on anarchy, they will fall, with truth coming out all around."

Iglesius (1)

Question: I saw that the fbi prosecutor is "leaving" his post? Could this be fall out relating to alledged indictments arising from the court house, Mr. Vigil's trial, other RICO type activities, and possiby the VIP report during the presidential campaign? If so, might it suggest support for a possible NM arm of an organized criminal syndicate at a high level of US government? who is reassigning him and what is their power connection? I wonder if he is being reassigned out of fear or to get him out of the way? In the Vigil case, i believe the prosecutions main witness failed to testify at the last minute. Were they intimidated? any insight? Our Gov denied that the existance of the VIP report on the public networks.

Asked on Monday, January 01, 2007 at 07:35:05 AM
Reply: We no longer live in New Mexico and get most of our news about NM politics from the Internet. I do have a transcript of Mr. Iglesias's comments when interviewed by a TV reporter about the report on political VIPs who allegedly control the NM drug scene:

Reporter: Important document?
Iglesias: Absolutely!
Reporter: Eye opener?
Iglesias: A page-turner. I couldn't put it down.

Governor Bill Richardson then asked the state Judicial Standards Commission to initiate an investigation of the VIPs mentioned in that report. However, I have no idea if that was ever done -- if it's currently being done -- or the identities of the people under investigation. I don't know who are the "good guys" and who are the "bad guys."

I, too, have wondered why Mr. Iglesias decided to leave. One thing we can be sure of is that a lot of stuff is happening behind the scenes that the general public is not aware of.

Concern

Question: I just fininshed reading your book and as a mother I felt so frustrated in how your case has been handled. I am in shock as to how our legal system has conducted themselves. Your daughter was so very lucky to have such a wonderful family to work so hard for her and for others. I hope answers will come your way.

Asked on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 04:45:07 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring. This personal experience with the way the legal system works was certainly an eye-opener for us.

To Lois and the Arquette family

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette,

I hope that you had a good Christmas, or as good as you could have. I know that it still eats at you night and day and I admire you so much for dealing with it as well as you have. You are truly an inspiration. Kait was lucky to have a mother as yourself. I pray that in 2007, you will find the information you have spent so many years searching for. God bless.

~Jenny

Asked on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 at 05:27:04 PM
Reply: Thank you for this lovely message.

Best Wishes

Question: I just finished your book \"Who Killed My Daughter\" not twenty minutes ago. I went directly to my computer hoping that since it had been over ten years since the book was published that maybe some closure had been brought to the case and to your family. It deeply saddened me to find this website and know that many of your questions have gone unanswered. I wish whole heartedly that there was something I could do for you and your family, all that I can offer you is my prayers and condolences and I hope you have the strength to continue your search and that the answers will soon be brought to you. I know you recieve many of these messages and they may seem to \" get old\" so to speak but I hope that they also help you to know that we all support you in your efforts and wish the best for you and your family. Have a wonderful Holiday and God Bless.

[Sonia]

Asked on Sunday, December 24, 2006 at 08:13:05 PM
Reply: Supportive messages like this one NEVER "get old." Thank you.

Testimony

Question: YOU WROTE:
"12/23/06, Albq. Journal: APD Officer Sam Costales testified in court that he witnessed deputies pull Al Unser Sr. from his car at a road block and throw him to the ground. Sheriff Darron White criticized Costales for "sucker-punching" his deputies, and police union official James Badway apologized to White because a member of APD had broken the “blue wall of silence” by testifying truthfully against members of law enforcement."

I'm curious: was this Al Unser Sr., the former Indy race car driver?

Asked on Saturday, December 23, 2006 at 09:54:51 PM
Reply: Yes.

check out these members of APD

Question: Take a long look at Chris Padilla, APD narc, brother of Paul Apodaca's drug supplier, Lee Padilla; Officer Mary Ann Wallace, first officer dispatched to the scene, who was a close friend of Chris Padilla and let Paul Apodaca walk away from the scene without questioning him; Alec Marantes, head of the police officers' union and a field officer at Kait's scene whose name was withheld from the case file and who put out an order to blanket the cops at the scene; Lt. Pat Dunworth, who orchestrated the investigation of Kait's murder; Damon Fay, homicide detective, who's Dunworth's patsy.

Asked on Saturday, December 23, 2006 at 03:25:55 PM
Reply: Every one of those names is in our file. Except we thought it was "Alex" Marentas, not Alec.

Please, contact us privately with specific information. Let's see if it meshes with ours.

THANK YOU.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next