Displaying 5421 - 5440 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 272 of 283)

Kait

Question: Have you found any other information on your daughter??? Are you able to write such good books becasue of this terrible expierience??

I have read "Stranger With My Face, Down a Dark Hall, They Never Came Home, Ransom, and I am going to read Don't Look Behing You, The Third Eye, and Locked In Time!!!! Awesome job on your books they make me want to read!!!

cameye.2012

Asked on Monday, April 24, 2006 at 04:54:45 PM
Reply: I'm glad you like my suspense novels, but, to answer your question -- no, Kait's murder did not inspire me to write mysteries. All the books you mention were written prior to her murder. After her death, I wrote one more suspense novel -- Gallows Hill -- because I was obligated to fulfill a contract I'd signed before her death. Then, I stopped writing in that genre'. I find it impossible to invest myself in creating a fictional suspense story about a young woman in a life threatening situation when our own true-life mystery still lacks an ending.

Sorry

Question: I just want to tell you that you have to know that she is in a better place and she will watch over you and i will pray for you to be safe because you are the best author in the world and I mean that because I am the pickiest reader in the world and all I read now are your books (i just finshed Locked in time)

Your biggest fan
Alicia

Asked on Monday, April 24, 2006 at 12:44:19 PM
Reply: Thank you, Alicia! You've made my day!

Im Sorry about your daughter

Question: Hi im 12 and i am reading your book "who killed my daughter". Its very upsetting that someone would kill a person like Kait. I just had a few questions. If Dung knew who killed Kait and what happened doesnt he have to tell the police, isnt it against the law if he doesnt. I mean he told you he knew but he didnt tell you who. If he knew that means he deffantily had something to do with it. So couldnt you go to court or something, because he has to tell the truth to the juge. Also could it be possible if the Vietnamese group to hire the cops to kill Kait, because you said that the killer had to be one of the cops. If the Vietnamese group were trying to warn her then wouldnt Dung have told you that, instead it looked like he was trying to protect the person who did it as to he took part in the killing too. Im so sorry about your Daughter i dont know why anyone would take life from such a sweet girl like her.
Sincerely-
Lauren M.

Asked on Sunday, April 23, 2006 at 08:43:05 AM
Reply: The only answer to your good questions, Lauren, is that The System doesn't work the way most of us were raised to believe it does. Dung doesn't HAVE to tell anybody anything. Nobody can force him to tell the truth. And the people who have information can't be forced to reveal it. Some of them are scared. Others simply don't want to "get involved." There is an occasional good and courageous person who DOES contact us with important information, and that's what keeps us going.

We don't know that the killer was a cop. That was the opinion of a police officer who reviewed the crime scene photos, but he could be wrong. This is a case in which there are TWO MANY possible motives and TOO MANY possible suspects.

Its Been A While.

Question: Hey I just now reread your book. I love the book. And i think this website is really helping. I just hope that one day the person that killed Kait would be strolling throught websites and see this. Not that it would help but just to see what they did. Also Robin Will you Please tell your mother that i love her books. If you can thanks. Also that iam Read Ransom... Ok well anyways i Guess thats all I Have to say. And Iam still Praying for your Family.
Your Bud,
Ryan

Asked on Sunday, April 23, 2006 at 06:21:18 AM
Reply: Thank you, Ryan.

sylvia browne,john edwards

Question: my daughter and i both read your book, and we are sorry for your loss.have you ever thought of contacting sylvia browne? or john edwards ?maybe they can do a reading for you. i heard they work with the police on solving cases like yours..l... the smithson family

Asked on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 06:38:13 PM
Reply: We have not consulted the particular psychics you mention, but we have consulted others, including Nancy Myer and Noreen Renier. At the time Kait was killed, I was a contributing editor for Woman's Day magazine and was able to get an assignment to write an article about the top psychic detectives in the country. That gave me access to psychics who normally work only with law enforcement. I never would have been able to reach such people otherwise.

After I finished interviewing them, I would thank them and say, "I have a personal interest in what you do because my own daughter has been murdered." By then, we'd become friends, and their immediate response would be, "How terrible! Can I help?" I would say, "I don't know. CAN YOU?" And they would do readings for me.

Click on the link to "Possible Motives -- VIP Activities" and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find an assortment of readings these people did. To us, it's amazing that, without knowing anything about the situation surrounding Kait's death, they all came up with variations of the same scenario.

Michael Cecchini

Question: Hello Lois,
I am Michael Cecchini. I happened to be googling my name today and noticed 2 items pop up regarding me and companies that I was involved in in the past. I would be happy to discuss with you what my involvement in those companies was and shed any light (if any).

Asked on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 01:17:33 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting, Mike. We haven't known how to reach you. We no longer live in New Mexico, but we'll have our private investigator in Albuquerque get in touch with you.

Please, read the whole web site carefully and see if there's anything there that rings a bell for you. Since you and your wife were so closely associated with Dung throughout the time period surrounding Kait's murder, you may have been privvy to information that made no sense to you at the time but would have meaning in light of our new discoveries.

Michael Cecchini

Question:
Michael Cecchini is still in Albuquerque as a Real Estate Agent. I hope you get justice and find the killer/s. God always has a way of making everything turn out for his good.

Asked on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 03:11:16 PM
Reply: Which real estate agency?

So sorry....(Texasman)

Question: I just stumbled upon your book and was blown away. I had read your fiction books when I was in school. I had never heard the story of your daughter. I am so sorry. I did have one question when i finished the book. Did you ever find and talk to "Rod"? If so, what did he have to add to the story?

Asked on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 01:13:36 PM
Reply: Rod contacted us after he read the book. He was Kait's secret second boyfriend but not the person who took her to The Desert Castle. They went to an early movie together on Friday evening, and Kait split right afterward, saying she had an appointment. We wonder where she went on Friday night. Saturday evening is when she broke up with Dung, and Sunday is when she was shot.

I WISH SOON THERE IS A CLOSURE FOR U

Question: hi i read this book a few years ago and today i was sitting at work and your story came too mind i was hoping too find out that they found the horrible persons who did this to youR daughter and family but found no new information but i still have hope and want you too know that you should not give up we should not be afraid .. always in my prayers -MTA-

Asked on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 12:29:19 PM
Reply: I know this sounds strange, but closure -- knowing what happened and why -- is more important to us than having the killer(s) punished.

Site, New Info, Loss

Question: Hello! I just wanted to let you all know that the new site looks fabulous. Robin did an incredible job. I was amazed at all the new information- with each piece, the puzzle comes together more. I honestly believe you will reach your goal and expose the corruption/horror surrounding Kait's (and others) deaths. It is extremely sad that we live in a world where it is evil flourishes so freely. On a personal note, I lost my mother last August- an event which has sent my world into a tailspin. I have found comfort in your personal experiences (beyond this world) and am trying to 'open' myself more- to be better connected with my mother. I have always found my greatest solace/enjoyment in reading and writing and your book is a great source of comfort to me. Thank you so much for sharing your story, your family's courage. You are all in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Jana

Marysville, WA

Asked on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 10:49:24 PM
Reply: I'm so sorry about your mother, Jana. I'm glad that my book was of some comfort.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: i just finished reading your book, Doris. i bought it at Half Priced Books in Columbus, Ohio. i have been an avid true crimeaholic for years. i almost passed this one up b/c there was not a section for photos. i seem to need a visual to connect w/the story. i put this book aside and forgot about it until i was out of any reading material. i feel so blessed to have read your story. i do believe everything happens for a reason. i first read "Many Lives" several years ago and finished it in about 7 hours of nonstop overnight reading. i have always felt that there is so much more to us than we can ever know. the book gave me the permission to be able to validate my religious beliefs and spiritual feelings on a guilt free plane. i do not know if you will ever know the entire truth about Kait. i do wonder if you really do. it seems to me that she is at peace knowing that you have the knowledge of what happened. kait let you know the truth. those people will live w/the knowledge of what they did and it will haunt them forever. in this life and many more to come. would placing them in a jail convict them any better? i feel that kait is teaching life lessons today. i am not sure to whom or where she might be. i feel that she is on a mission in this life to show people of all ages that there is another way to live this life so the next one will be so much fuller and closer to the Spirit we strive to be one with. my love to you and yours, sue

Asked on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 07:09:07 PM
Reply: Those are lovely thoughts, Sue. Thank you.

i wish

Question: I wish that I could tell you something that has to do with your daughter's killing. But I can only say that if I ever come across evidence, i will tell you.

Asked on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 03:43:48 PM
Reply: I wish everybody felt that way.

Dung's Employer

Question: Did Dung's employer import clothing? From where?

Asked on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 08:34:21 AM
Reply: Dung worked for a little business called Artwear, which was owned by Mike and Roxanne Cecchini. They put art on T-shirts. Dung was involved with the packing and shipping. I don't know whether shippments/returns were ever international.

Dung

Question: Where and when and how did Kait meet Dung? Was she associating with an "elite"/partying social crowd?

Asked on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 08:32:38 AM
Reply: Kait met Dung at a party held at an apartment in the University area.

It's hard to believe she associated with an "elite" partying social crowd on any regular basis. However, if she'd ever been offered a chance to attend such a party, she undoubtedly would have leapt at it.

hey

Question: Mrs. Duncan have the police ever questioned the boyfriend that was your daughter that died?
Also how did she get the infomation about the bad stuff that was going on?

Asked on Saturday, April 15, 2006 at 07:18:18 PM
Reply: The police questioned the boyfriend briefly on the night of the shooting. They performed a residue test that showed that he had not fired a gun. They questioned him again after the arrest of the Hispanic suspects, at which time he admitted to involvement in the car wreck scam. However, by then, they considered the case was "over," so they did nothing with his information.

Kait

Question: I just wanted to say that your book really touched me, & I google\'d Kait\'s name to see if I could find anything about the case being solved.... I was very unhappy to find this instead. Words cannot express how I feel for you, I just really hope that you are doing well & I pray that this case will soon be solved. & I agree with Kait; regardless if the people who did this are ever found out in this life, they surely will be in the next.

Katie

Asked on Saturday, April 15, 2006 at 02:33:48 PM
Reply: We pray that we will not have to wait until we "see Kait again" to get closure. Because, if this could happen to Kait, it could be happening to other people as well.

website

Question: Dear Robin,
Congratulations on the web-site. It is very easy to navigate.
carol, nm

Asked on Friday, April 14, 2006 at 09:43:26 PM
Reply: We're delighted with the new site too! We've known for a long time that we needed to get all this material organized in a way that was easy to navigate, but there was so much of it, and it went in so many directions, that we were overwhelmed by the challenge. Then Robin offered to do it.

Answered by: Kait's mom

The Site Looks Wonderful!

Question: It's been a while since I stopped by here. Imagine my surprise when I saw the new layout...and spent the last two hours reading through it. Very concise - and frightening.

I grew up in Albuquerque devouring Lois Duncan books as fast as they hit the bookstores. I loved being able to truly "see" the locations described in the stories set in my hometown. I still lived there when Kait was killed, and I was obsessed with the case. We moved to Denver shortly after my mother succumbed to cancer, and it was there I bought "Who Killed My Daughter".

As much as I miss "home", I am sure glad I don't live there anymore given the state of the police department.

I'm still praying for you and your family that it will be solved, and those responsible will be held accountable.

[Kris in Wisconsin] (NO relation to Kris in Arkansas!)

Asked on Friday, April 14, 2006 at 06:13:47 AM
Reply: Thanks to "Kris in Wisconsin"!

To Robin

Question: Hey Robin. I love your personality in the book. You seem like a determined person. I just wish that someone would come forward. Those Cowards. I dont see how they could just live with there self, I mean, I just dont see why they would do that. Anyways Thats all i have to say. And Awsome Site Update.

Your Friend,
Ryan

Asked on Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 10:27:56 PM
Reply: We, too, are thrilled with the new site.

Hello.

Question: Hello Mrs.Duncan i know this cant help you, But i really love your book. I checked it out of the school library. At 1st i didnt think i would like it because it was so long. But it is an awsome book . and Sad. I wish i could help. But iam only 13. I just wanted to say i will keep you in my Prayers.

See Ya,
Ryan

Asked on Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 10:19:21 PM
Reply: Thank you, Ryan.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next