Displaying 5381 - 5400 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 270 of 283)

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: This isn't really a question. I just want to tell you that I know how you feel to lose someone so special to you. My uncle Kenny died when he was 17 years old becasue he was an under-cover cop in Ohio. He left his fiancee' that was going to have his baby 2 months later and his family and friends. I don't know really much about it becasue I was only a little girl when he died. He was shot by one of his best-friends becasue he was going to tell the police that his bestfriends bestfriend was doing drugs and that it was illegal. So my Uncle Kenny's best friend pulled out his gun and shot him in his temples. Not only did his friend hurt my Uncle Kenny's family and life, but he never got to see his child be born and see her grow up. My uncle Kenny's fiancee' gave birth to a 6lb 2 oz
baby on October 2, 1990. My uncles fiancee' gave her the name Alexis Alyssa.

I only get to see my little cousin every year at family reunions, b-days or other special occasions. It hurts to see her though because Alexis looks like my uncle Kenny. My uncle Kenny's fiancee' never married or dated anyone else again becasue of her dying love for my uncle.

Asked on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 08:40:38 AM
Reply: That's a heartbreaking story. I'm so sorry.

About Rod

Question: I recently stumbled upon your book 'Summer of Fear', and I've decided to read all of your books. Upon checking my local library, I only found one book, 'Who Killed My Daughter?' I read it bit by bit, letting it all soak in. I think you've covered your bases pretty well except for one thing. I haven't had time to read all of the posts for the last ten years, so I don't know if this has been addressed before...did you consider that Rod could have been Kait's history teacher? Or a substitute? Is the age gap right? (You never really said how many years apart they were) Does the girl from the other day (she put a post up saying she knew Kait in highschool) know Rod or someone who would have known him? Have you asked the other school systems in Albuquerque? Someone has to know who he is. I wish you the best of luck and all the positive karma that can be had. My energy and thoughts are with you.

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 02:43:08 PM
Reply: Rod contacted us after my book was published. He was close to Kait's age and had gone to school with her. We feel sure he was not involved, other than for being Kait's second boyfriend. Kait was withholding things from him, as she was from us.

8009 Azuelo Rd. NW

Question: On Mapquest .com there is no such address. The highest number on that street is 6899. And it is listed as Azuelo Ave. NW not Rd.

Now the 8009 Amy Ave. NW does exist on the map. It is located in the new area of houses being constructed on the westside by Painted Sky Elementary. The major cross streets are Unser and Ladera.

If this Lisa person got made at you for contacting them or has not answered your written correspondence, chances are 1. Dung has gotten his life together and she doesn't want to dig up the past, 2. They're still up to no good and don't want to be bothered, or 3. This is the wrong Dung Nguyen.

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 11:57:56 AM
Reply: It's the right Dung Nguyen, (though I can see why you would wonder about that, since Dung Nguyen is a common Vietnamese name). At one time Dung did live on Amy Street. I don't know if he still does.

Hey

Question: Hey.. i am really sorry that kate died so young and beautiful. I know how it feels to lose a love one i have lost 6 people. It is a really sad i have been to 6 funerals and it is really sad. I lost my cousin first and he comited suicide. My friend was the second one he commited suicide too. The third one was my friend who crashed and was killed in a car accident and so did the forth one. The 5th one commited suicide too. and The sixth one was my grandma. It is really sad to lose a family member. I cry everyday because you remember old times you have had with them. I know from the way the author described kait, is that she seems like a nice person. But i am really sorry about what happened and i hope you guys find out who the killers were.
Love and respect,
Nancy Romero

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 11:38:29 AM
Reply: I'm so sorry for your losses, Nancy. That's a tragic story.

Dung Nguyen

Question: There two Dung Nguyen listed in the new City director. Neither one lists a middle initial. One lives at:

517 Florida St. SE 87108
and the other at:

8212 La Milpita NE 87113

The Lisa person was not listed in the new City directory at all. Whoever posted the Dung N. Nguyen has to work with a utility company or cell phone carrier.

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 11:34:58 AM
Reply: Thanks for the additional information.

Hi <3

Question: I am very sorry about Kaits death. It is a shame she died so young.

Asked on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 06:38:18 AM
Reply: Yes, it is.

????

Question: As recently as 3/06, Dung was supposed to still be with Lisa Pruhliere.... His address shows up as the same:

Dung N. Nguyen
8009 Azuelo Rd.
Albuquerque, NM 87120

Phone: (505) 792-2318

He was born January 1962...does that sound right....

Good luck, I hope you can put some pressure on him again.

Asked on Monday, May 01, 2006 at 06:08:51 PM
Reply: Where did you find the Azuelo Rd. address? The house number is the same as the one posted beneath this, but it's a different street.

?????

Question: I read your book and I am so sorry for your tragedy. I check at your website in hopes that you finally get the information you're seeking. I saw in a post that you mentioned somoene that Dung took up with, named Lisa Prulhiere....did you ever try talking to her or contacting her to see if she knows anything? This could be her information:

Lisa Prulhiere
8009 Amy Ave. NW
Albequerque, NM 87120

And I'm not sure if this is right, but she was born in August 1969.

Asked on Monday, May 01, 2006 at 06:03:47 PM
Reply: Our P.I. spoke with her, but she was very protective of Dung and angry at us. I wrote to her, but she didn't respond.

why would they...

Question: How could someone go and kill a person that has so much meaning...Kait ment so much to u and your family why would somebody go and take that away???

I also love your book!!

Jr.

Asked on Monday, May 01, 2006 at 02:25:45 PM
Reply: Yes, Kait's life held great meaning for us. But, in a broader sense, her life was no more meaningful than the life of any other murder victim. Every murder is an atrocity, leaving heartbreak behind for the victim's loved ones.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Im so sorry for ur Daughters death.

Question: Why can't any one ever seem to come forward when they have information i mean man they could really give some closure to your family. If they were here friends or even her ex boyfriend they should have the heart to talk and tell all that they know. i can't begin to appoligize for what happened to your daughter because i don't know how the loss feels. But i'll tell you one thing you guys will catch the people or person that did this hateful thing to your daughter don't give up faith because GOD will handle all of them in everyway. God Bless u all and your daughters soul.

Asked on Monday, May 01, 2006 at 02:11:43 PM
Reply: There definitely are people -- probably many -- who know what happened. They're either afraid to talk or simply "don't want to become involved." We pray that one of them changes his/her mind and contacts us either by private e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com or by U.S. mail at: PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

Answered by: Kait's mom

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Question: Dear Lois and Family:

I'm a junior high English teacher and have been a voracious reader of your books since I was in junior high. The first book I ever read was called "A Gift of Magic." To this day, I still remember the book's details. I read as much as I could of your books after “Gift” and have passed on that love for your stories onto my students. They have also found a love for your books.

Recently, my Dept. Chair dropped off a copy of Kait’s story. The book has spoken to me in ways I can’t explain. I have always felt a tug with my past, especially to my great-grandfather and grandfather, both of whom I never knew. I have a special connection with my great-grandfather. He contacted my aunt and uncle when they went looking for his grave and couldn't find it. As they were leaving, a tissue my aunt had blew out of her hand, landing on his grave. After she told me this, I felt a compulsion to go to the cemetery myself and find him. I went to the lobby and looked up his name. The reason my aunt and uncle couldn't find him was because his name was spelled wrong in the directory. I explained the problem and they looked him up on a spelling variation of our last name. They found him and wrote his plot number down for me. That's when I felt a twinge—a whisper of something there I couldn't explain. His plot number is my birthday.

I can't explain any of this and I don't think there is one. All I know is, your book has struck a chord with me that I can't explain. I just wanted to express my condolences, even though it's been over fifteen years. You’ll find the truth one day.

Warmest wishes to you,

Dana Wolcott
Long Beach, CA

Asked on Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 11:31:09 AM
Reply: Since Kait's death, our family has come to believe in many things that we would never before have considered possible. What we humans think we "know" is but a tiny part of what is "out there."

Hello,

Question: I really don't have a question but, i go to Thornwood High School and I chose your book to read as and autobiography. I really send out my deep sympathy to you and your family. The book really shows how you kept your head held high and strong for your family. Kaitlyn was very pretty. I really hope you'll find out who did that to your precious daughter. But in the meantime i have to split sorry wish we could talk more because i have lots of Q's. Bye Sincerely,
Jamaya

Asked on Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 10:26:59 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

hello

Question: Hi, I was reading the messages that have been posted, and I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday. I hope you had a great day! Also I was reading about the man who recieved Kait's organs, Have you or your family ever contacted this person to speak about his dream? I think that is amazing. Have a great weekend

Asked on Saturday, April 29, 2006 at 04:25:15 PM
Reply: The organ doner's mother contacted us, which is how we learned about his "dream" while under anesthetic. He even drew a little map of an area Kait had visited shortly prior to her death, and he had other memories of her as well. We didn't talk with him personally, because the subject was too upsetting to him. He has since died. Not because of Kait's organs, but from cancer. Kait's organs did give him some extra years of life that he would not have had otherwise.

Kait

Question: I used to go to school with Kait at Highland. We graduated the same year. I left New Mexico in August 1989 to go to College. I still can remember the day Kait's shooting was on the front page. My mom would keep me posted on any news by sending me clipping of the paper. Then your book first came out I bought it. I was in Albuquerque at the time. I just reread your book with the updates. I was wondering if the cold case department of APD was at least trying to find the person responsible for this terrible situation. I now live in San Diego and I can remember hearing about the insurance scams. I was wondering if the McPhee individual ever went to trial? I was also wondering if the national show America's Most Wanted ever ran a segment about Kait? I hope some day your family will be able to rest easy knowing that these people will have to meet their maker one day for this. I was also wondering if the signs that where posted in Vietnamese?

Asked on Saturday, April 29, 2006 at 10:37:58 AM
Reply: No, the APD Cold Case unit is no longer working on Kait's case. The detective who took an interest in it was transferred to another department.

America's Most Wanted did not do a show on Kait's case. However, her case was featured on other shows, such as Unsolved Mysteries, Larry King Live, Good Morning America, Sally Jessy Raphael, and Inside Edition.

No, the signs that were posted were not in Vietnamese. They were in poorly spelled English.

Time line

Question: Is there a time line of events posted anywhere? It could help the process by keeping the sequence of events in order, eg. When did Kait meet Dung versus when did she become his girlfriend? Did she break up with Rod before or after she met Dung? Did Kait get her job at Pier One before or after she met Dung? Did Kait get her own apartment before or after she graduated from high school? All of us arm-chair detectives could get some clarity about the sequence of events with the benefit of a time line. Who knows what theories we could develop from it?

Asked on Saturday, April 29, 2006 at 09:13:57 AM
Reply: That's a good idea. Our problem is that we don't know all the facts to insert in a timeline, because Kait was keeping a lot of things to herself.

Kait met Dung at some point during her junior year of high school. She started dating him then, but had other male friends too, so I can't pinpoint a precise time when "she became his girlfriend."

Kait always worked an outside job while she was in high school, and during her senior year she worked at Pier One Imports. In the spring of 1989, she was made clothing manager. She got her own apartment in May, 1989 -- after completing her final exams, but before the graduation ceremony. She was self-supporting, from her job at Pier One and money from her graduation gifts. She was also taking several summer school classes at the University of New Mexico to get a head start on enrolling fulltime in the fall. She wanted to become a doctor. She refused to allow Dung to move in with her unless he was working, so he immediately got a job at Artwear. (What he was living on before that, we don't know. Kait told us Dung's sister in California was sending him money, but the police have since told us Dung doesn't have a sister in California.)

Almost as soon as Kait and Dung started living together, she became very tense and unhappy. She would come over to our house and had obviously been crying. She said Dung never spent any time alone with her, that their apartment was a crash pad for "his awful friends," and he was gone most evenings and sometimes all night. She said moving in together had been a bad mistake and that she had asked him to move out so her girlfriend, Lynn, could move in with her. We don't know when she started seeing Rod on the sly. We didn't even know Rod existed until after Kait died and he wrote us a sympathy letter.

So much was going on that we didn't know about!!!! If only she had CONFIDED IN US!!!

hi

Question: What color and make was Dung's car?

Asked on Friday, April 28, 2006 at 10:02:29 PM
Reply: He didn't have a car. He either rode around with his friends in their cars or drove Kait's red Ford Tempo.

hello

Question: I am reading your book 'Who killed my daughter?' and researching her death. If I find anything or think you might have over looked something I'll let you know. I'm sorry for your loss. It seems she was very special. KAYLA

Asked on Friday, April 28, 2006 at 09:39:12 PM
Reply: Thank you, Kayla

I'm sorry

Question: Lois and Don, my name is Sara, I give you so much credit, you guys never gave up, and I know you continue to look for the person that murdered Kait. I read your book Who Killed My Daughter. I cried, I wish your family the best of luck, and I am sorry for your loss.

Asked on Friday, April 28, 2006 at 08:17:46 PM
Reply: Thank you, Sara.

Your Book

Question: I read your book and it was very good!!! This story mekes me so sad cause she was not suppost to get murdered someone on this site said that she was ugly she was very pretty and whoever put that is seriously messed up...... Now Dung on the other hand..... He was not cute and i personally think he most definately had something to do with it...It is like so obious right????? well if he did hes going to hell and i know kait is in heaven... she will never have to see him again one of these days you just wait cause you will see her again someday. ~Ally

Asked on Friday, April 28, 2006 at 07:23:06 PM
Reply: Dung may not have been "cute," but he apparently was quite a ladies' man. He seemed to know exactly how to play women in order to win them over.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Happy Belated Birthday, Lois!

Question: May this year hold many wonderful things for you.

I feel sure that this new, updated and re-formatted website will be the catalyst for finding Kait's killer(s).

You & your family are always in my prayers.

Kim

Asked on Friday, April 28, 2006 at 06:26:21 PM
Reply: Thanks, Kim. We've already started to receive information thanks to this new web site.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next