Displaying 5361 - 5380 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 269 of 306)

kait

Question: I just read Kait's story. I could not put it down!

Do you think you are any closer to finding the murderers?
Is it still an "open" investigation?

I feel so connected to your family so I must ask:
How is your husband Don?
How is Brett? Robin? Donnie? Kerry?

I have a feeling many will be following this case for a very very long time. Someone will figure this out and you and your family will have complete closure with no unanswered questions.

Take care

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 09:40:46 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring about the rest of our family.

The loss of their "baby sister" affected all of our children greatly, but enough time has passed so they have moved on with their lives, despite bouts of depression. We're scattered about the country but, on the anniversary of Kait's death, we all light candles at exactly the same moment to bring light to her spirit and assure her that, in our hearts, she has never left us.

After my book came out, Don took early retirement and we left New Mexico. He's involved in numerous church activities and is a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.

I'm still writing, though not with the intensity I used to. I'm devoting more time these days to volunteer work. My professional web site is loisduncan.arquettes.com. (No www.)

Robin and Brett both got married. Brett is Chief Technology Officer for one of the largest Circuit Court Systems in Florida. (If you remember from my book, he was working sound for a rock band at the time of Kait's death. The loss of his sister made him realize how "iffy" life is and inspired him to utilize all his abilities to the fullest.) He and his wife have three small children. Brett's URL is brett.arquettes.com. (No www.)

Robin works for a newspaper and also creates musical tapes and CDs for children. You can listen to those on her web site at www.lullabysongs.net. The song, "Ship in the Night," on the "Songs from Dreamland" tape was played at Kait's funeral. Robin's husband is a publisher of Fine Woodworking Magazine.

Kerry and her art director launched their own publishing company, Cantata. Their web site is at www.cantatabooks.com. Although they're now branching out, they specialize in books on scrapbooking. Their books are truly amazing, and Kerry does all the writing.

Donnie works as a locksmith and is also an artist.

kaitlyn arquette

Question: dear mrs. arquette i just recently finished reading your book and iwas astounded at all the information that you were able to obtain on your own. this story has touhed my heart you are truly one of the most bravest and strongest woman. my question is about the night that kate came over to your house before she was murdered did you sense that she might be murdered is that why you wanted to say something to her but didnt? i myself do believe in the psychic ability and what it has to offer. and i truly hope for your sake and your familys that you find the monsters who did this, in my opinion thats exactly what they are i wish you and your family the best of luck and i will pray for you.

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 03:16:10 PM
Reply: It never entered my head that she might be murdered. Our lives had never before been touched by violence, and I didn't know her boyfriend's group was involved in illegal activity.

However, I felt uneasy, without knowing why. A mother's intuition, but nothing to base it on.

To: If Only and James

Question: This message board should be only for questions relevant to the case or information regarding leads to solving the case.

It's not meant to be a "critique" board or bashing board. Please respect the Arquette's!

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 01:49:18 PM
Reply: One thing we need to remember, though, is that high school and junior high students sometimes post on this message board. (I don't mean to imply that that's true in this particular case, but it does often happen.)

I wrote WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? for adults, to motivate informants and prevent the facts of the case from becoming buried, but, to my surprise, it's been embraced by young people, who recognize my name from my teenage suspense novels. WKMD is on school reading lists and has won "Young Readers Awards," and students are often given an assignment to "contact the author of your favorite book and ask him/her questions." Sometimes those kids have a hard time realizing that Kait's story is not fiction, like my other books. Their questions may not seem appropriate, but they're well intentioned.

One additional observation I'd like to make, (I'm so glad you gave me an opportunity to say this); Kids today are conditioned by television to regard murder as entertainment. They see an actor with his brains blown out on one show, and on another show, there he is, hale and healthy, back in the fray. At a sub-conscious level, they don't think of violent death as REAL. I've received many letters from students, writing reports on WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, who ask me, "Why didn't you make a happy ending?"

To James

Question: There is no such thing as a pointless question. How would you even know what would and wouldn't make other people's lives easier? And by the way this site isn't at all about what you or others might think. So think before you answer Mrs. Arquette's quetions, and stop criticizing other people's thoughts or questions. Sorry mrs. Arquette if you thought my question was unnessesary.

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 11:01:09 AM
Reply: Don't worry about it. James was being protective of me, which was kind of him, but your question didn't upset me.

to \"If Only\"

Question: Ok first of all that question was not even nessesary. I mean if it was infact a random shooting, that would be worse because the family would have to live with the fact that someone killed their daughter for no reason at all, no motive. So think before you ask a pointless question..don\'t you think that she deals with enough everyday, and then have to go answer questions like that. As for you Ms. Duncan i have a question, What happened to Sharon Smith, have you heard from her? Does she stay in contact with you, did you ever find out what really happened to her arm?\"

James

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 09:15:11 AM
Reply: We haven't heard from Sharon for many years. She would not sign the release forms to allow us to review her Emergency Room records, so we can't say for sure what really happened to her arm.

At one point she sent me an e-mail accusing me of annonymously sending her threatening letters. I assured her, truthfully, that I never would do such a thing. I think she believed me. She said the most frightening thing about the letters was that they were mailed from many different places, and they all were places she had just visited, so she thought she was being stalked. If so, that really is scary.

If only

Question: Have you ever wondered what would have happened if your daughter's shooting was in fact random? Do you think your life would be any easier?
Good luck in searching for Kait's killer, and God be with you through all of your times of grief.

Asked on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 06:08:24 PM
Reply: No, our lives would not be any easier if Kait had been the victim of a random shooting. she would still be dead.

New book

Question: Hello, i would like to ask you if you have or are going to write another book about what has happened since "Who killed my daughter?"? Have you found out anything major about Kait's murder since? Or will you hold off writing another book until you find Kait's killer? I am also wondering what you are currently working on. I am sincerely sorry, and would be very grateful if you would answer my questions. Thank you.

Asked on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 05:58:47 PM
Reply: Yes, I've written a sequel, but it has not yet been published. It will be titled THE TALLY KEEPER and you'll find links to some of the chapters in the menu on Kait's home page.

Kaitlyn Clare Arquette

Question: I just finished reading your book "Who killed my daughter?". My heart goes out to you and Kaitlyns' loving family. My 6th grade son brought your book home from his middle school library. I usually like to read to him in the evenings. I cried through most of the first chapters (stopping frequently to collect myself). I ended up reading the rest of the book on my own because I could not put it down. I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose a child in this way and not knowing all of what happened. I pray that you will all be at peace. I am a christian that believes that there is only one mortal life that God offers, but your shared experiences have opened up a new thought that there is so much more that I cannot begin to understand. Your book of experience brings forth comfort of the well being of the soul. God bless your family and all that have helped you.

Asked on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 09:51:42 AM
Reply: Thank you for your beautiful message. I agree -- there is so much out there that we can't begin to understand. But, perhaps, some day we will.

hello

Question: Hello, I was wondering if since the "Tally Keeper" , is kind of finished if you will be posting any new excerpts from it on to this message board, and if so, maybe when? Thank you, and God Bless you and your family

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 08:17:16 PM
Reply: I have no immediate plans to post more excerpts from THE TALLY KEEPER. I think we've posted enough to give people an idea of what it will be like.

me again

Question: I didn't mean fun facts about the case, I just ment about the family like your dogs name, or other pets, or a certian kind of food you eat every friday, or about what kept you going during the case (and now), or somthing along those lines. Thank you for answering my friends and my questions. Best of luck.

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 05:27:50 PM
Reply: What's kept me going through all these years of personal investigation is grief and anger, the emotional support of my family, the tireless efforts of outside investigators who volunteered to help us, and the horrified realization that there are thousands of other families in our same situation. We created the Real Cimes web site to help those other families get their own cases out of the closet and into the public eye.

I don't have any pets, although when our children were at home we had cats, hamsters, birds and fish.

Need your help

Question: I'm sorry that you have lost your child and your can't find the killer, I know how devistated my mom would be if she lost one of us. I'm reading your book along with a friend and we were wondering if you had any fun facts we could share with the class, about you or your family, for our report on your book, "Who Killed My Daughter?" We hope you are doing better with all that has happened and hope you fing out who killed your daughter!

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 10:51:36 AM
Reply: Thank you for reading the book and for caring about Kait, but I'm afraid there aren't any "fun facts" connected to this case.

Can you help us

Question: Hello, my friend and i are currently reading your book,"Who killed my daughter?" and are very amazed that you would have so many guts, to stand up and fight against everyone who just calls your daughter's murder a random shooting as if it weren't even a crime commited. we admire your persistence and loyalty to your daughter, and we were wondering if you had any special information, or pictures that you could put in your reply for us regarding you and your daughter. We will be doing a class project on your book, and would be thrilled if we could have something special from you. Please consider us, and best of luck.

Best of luck,
two curious students

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 10:51:26 AM
Reply: If you contact me by private e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com, I can send you some photos as e-mail attachments. Otherwise, you can copy the ones on this web site. There are several photos of the crime scene if you go to that link.

i am sorry

Question: mrs. arquette i am sorry for the loss of your daughter. i am reading your book for english and i love it. i have a question for you do you really belive in all that pyhcic stuff and who do you think killed your daughter. again i am terribly sorry for your loss.

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 10:20:36 AM
Reply: As I said below, our own experience with psychic detectives has led our family to believe that certain people are gifted in that way. But that doesn't mean they're infallible. Even the best psychics are sometimes totally off the mark -- they get impressions, but they don't know how to interpret them.

And many people who claim to be psychics are total fakes.

ANY LEADS

Question: well i just wanted to tell you im very sorry for what has happened to you. But i just wanted to know if yall got any new leads on who has killed your daughter?

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 10:17:58 AM
Reply: One recent lead is the one about the smuggling of drugs from the Orient through packages delivered by UPS to Pier One Imports.

sorry

Question: Mrs. Arquette I am terribly sorry for your loss. I am reading your book for english class and it is a wonderful book. I have even cried on some parts. I wish you the best in trying to find your daughters killer. I just have one question to ask you, who do you suspect of killing her? Again I am so so sorry and I wish you the best.

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 09:56:41 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring so deeply.

My personal belief is that she was killed by a hired hitman.

sphycic abilities

Question: I have never realy believed in all that sphycic stuff, but do you really believe she was telling what she saw and did you really feal your doughters presence in you room when you got to hug her

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 09:54:05 AM
Reply: I never used to believe in "psychic stuff" either. But, I feel differently now. Although I'm sure there are many fake psychics out there, ripping off gullible people, I think the psychics we had personal contact with were amazingly gifted and much of the information they gave us has proved accurate.

Yes, to your last question.

Im sorry

Question: Im sorry for what happend. I am reading your book for language class and it just touched my heart. So much that i cried...It must be heart breaking to lose your daughter...I know that if i had any information of what happend i would definitly tell you. Just answer me one question....Why do you think she was murdered?

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 09:50:57 AM
Reply: I think she was killed because she was a potential whistle-blower and was a threat to some criminal activity that she had learned about through her boyfriend. If you click on "Motives" and follow the links, you'll see that there were several possibilities.

Answered by: Kait Mom

curious

Question: did you ever think someone you knew might have killed kait

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 09:48:41 AM
Reply: Only if that person happened to be one of the Vietnamese group that Kait's boyfriend was part of. We did know some of them, though not very well.

It's possible, of course, that she was killed by someone SHE knew, whom we didn't know. But my personal belief is that she was shot by a hired hitman.

Dung

Question: Have you tried contacting Dung or wanting to find out what happened to him since?

Asked on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 10:07:20 PM
Reply: We kept track of him for a while, and he and his girlfriend eventually moved into a house together in the Albuquerque area. When we decided to offer a $25,000 reward for new information leading to the arrest and conviction of Kait's killers, we included them, along with hundreds of other people,in a mailing to announce that offer. His girlfriend reacted by calling the police to accuse us of harassment. I've been told they later split up, but don't know if that's true.

Googling Damon Fay

Question: If you google Damon Fay he plays a part in a lot of cases where the mother is questioning the circumstances of her child's murder.

Also on the Real Crimes site, in the story about the Stephen Haar murder, when police refused to charge the admitted killer, Travis Dally, because he said he shot Stephen in self defense, Mrs. Haar says: "I met with people from the Office of the Medical Examiner and they seemed surprised at the self-defense statements. They said one of the wounds indicated that Stephen was shot by somebody standing over him when he was already down. I took that information to APD homicide detective Damon Fay and asked him, "If Travis shot Stephen once, and if he was down, why did Travis shoot him again?" His response was, "Well, Travis had to get out the door." Stephen was lying there, bleeding to death, and Travis had to get out the door? Stephen was in the way, so it's okay to shoot him twice? That's not self-defense!"

Asked on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 01:59:31 PM
Reply: The Stephen Haar case is another with a bizarre link to Kait's case. At the time that Stephen was murdered, he was living in an apartment connected to the home of the witness who reported seeing Kait followed from her apartment by a VW bug.

Stephen had also attempted to contact our private investigator shortly before his death. She came home to find his number on her Caller ID. However, he had not left a message.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next