Displaying 5341 - 5360 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 268 of 306)

please post a poem

Question: I've never read much poetry because I don't understand it very well expecially if it doesn't rhyme. But I'm interested in Seasons of the Heart because its about your family and Kait. Could you please post one of the poems from the Winter section of the book after Kait died so I can see how hard it is to read?

Asked on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 10:20:40 AM
Reply: THE ALBUM

As the winter closes in
We sit close again,
Turning pages of the years,
Pausing now and then

To recall a magic time
Or a special place.
Springtime sunlight leaps at us
From a smiling face.

Summer laughter rings anew,
Mixed with autumn tears.
Seasons blend and mesh and blur
With the flying years.

Guard the album of the heart.
There the memories are--
Gentle as the drifting snow,
Holy as a star.

(copyright, Lois Duncan, 2007)

Answered by: Kait's Mom, Lois Duncan

Birthday

Question: Thank you so much for your help with Kaits physical description! By any chance, are you comfortable giving out her birthday?

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 05:24:14 PM
Reply: September 18, 1970.

Seasons of the Heart

Question: I am trying to buy your book Seasons of the Heart. There is a book on Amazon with that title, but it is a book of poems. But you wrote on the message board that it is a book about your whole life. Please help!

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 03:31:57 PM
Reply: It's both.

From early childhood, I chronicled the events of my life in verse. Although I based my career on writing suspense novels, I continued to fill notebooks with poetry, which I kept stuck away in a drawer.

Readers who grew up reading "Lois Duncan books" have been urging me to write my autobiography. That task seemed formidable until I began to leaf through those notebooks and found myself in every season of my life -- Springtime (as a child); Summer (as a young mother), Autumn (at the peak of my career), and, of course, Winter (as the mother of a murdered daughter). Without realizing it, I wrote my autobiograhy as I lived it.

SEASONS OF THE HEART is a collection of those poems, divided into seasons, interspersed with narrative about what was going on in my life at those times. It also contains photographs. The "Winter" section is devoted to Kait's death.

This book is available only from on-line bookstores like Amazon.com or Barnesandnoble.com. To order it, you need to search for "Seasons of the Heart by Lois Duncan." There are so many books with the words "seasons" and "heart" in the title that it's hard to locate it by author or title alone. You need to type in both.

hElLo

Question: Hi, i am just writting to say that i have just finished readin ur book. I absolutely LOVED it. its one of the best books i have read probably in my intire life and i have read alot of book. most of them were yours. i dont know how it feels first hand to have someone that close to me die but i know that it hurts worse to have a daughter die. as i was reading this book it helped me realize the evil in this world and that sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.. you are a terrific writer and i pray that God helps you with this and i pray that you and your family just keep fighting. i hope you find ur daughters killer. oh and if you dont mind me asking. when will \"The Tally Keeper\" be published i would love to read that book as well. if you have any idea could u email me at cutelolodixiegal900@yahoo.com and again Bless you and your family. u are an outstanding person. i just hope you know that

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 12:03:14 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet message. I don't know when THE TALLY KEEPER will be published.

HeY

Question: Hey i a a 15 year old girl who lives in Tennessee i have just finished reading the book "who killed my daughter" and i was really fascinated at the fact that the mother "lois duncan" went through soo much to find out who did this to her daughter. i was only 3 when all of this happered but when i read the book i just had to find out more about the case! i dont think i can help the case (if it hadnt been soved already) but i do hope yall catch the killer and whoever else is involved! i am really sorry for what happened to her daughter...thats all i really wanted to say. thank you for you time.

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 11:48:36 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring about us and about Kait.

ORGAN TRANSPLANTS?

Question: What happened with the organ transplants? I read in Who Killed My Daughter that Kait was an organ doner, but what happened with the transplants? And what's the new book, seasons of the Heart? Is that a sequel to Who Killed My Daughter?

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 01:44:40 PM
Reply: SEASONS OF THE HEART is not a sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

SEASONS OF THE HEART is my newest book, available only from on-line book stores, and it concerns my whole life, not just Kait's death. It does contain the following information about Kait's organ transplant:

"Kait was an organ donor. Her heart and lungs went into the chest of a young optician from Santa Fe. When he emerged from recovery, he told his mother and a nurse about a dream he experienced about a frightened blonde girl being chased in a car by dark-complexioned men. Several years later, his mother contacted me to tell me about that dream and to give me the notes she took as her son described it. I also read an article about it written by the nurse. At the time of the transplant, there had been no way the organ recipient could have known a thing about the donor or the circumstances of her death. I've been told that the calls of the body contain memory. Kait's final memory appartnetly got transplanted along with her major organs."

Parent house

Question: Where did Kaitlyn live (the apartment)? Where did you and your husband live before you moved to the smaller house with Donnie? Address please, if possible.

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 12:13:56 PM
Reply: Kait lived in an apartment complex at 303 Alvarado SE, which was just south of Central Ave.

Our family home was on Dakota NE, one block north of the fairgrounds. I don't feel right posting the address on the Internet out of respect for the current owners.

physical description

Question: Lois Duncan, the author of Who Killed My Daughter, describes kaitlyn as the sweetest girl ever. I read you book and I absolutely love it. I'm trying to get all my friends to read it as well. I'm even doing a report on unsolved murders. Kaitlyn Arquette is one of my murders I'm explaining. Do you think you could give me any physical description of Kaitlyn?

hair color
eye color
skin color
height
???
Your a fantastic person, and your daughter did not deserve to die.

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 11:43:04 AM
Reply: Although we loved her with all our hearts and I would have given my life for her, I don't think any of us in the family would describe her as "the sweetest girl ever." "Sweet" isn't the right adjective. She had many great qualities -- loving and fun and smart and ambitious and loyal (maybe over-loyal)to her friends -- but she was also a typical teenager, who was going through a stage of rebellion. She made some mistakes and withheld things from us that turned out to be more important than she realized. And she trusted all the wrong people. If she had been allowed to grow up and take her place in the world as an adult, I believe she would have done some wonderful things for humanity. Her goal was to become a doctor.

Physically:
She was about five foot, seven inches. Blonde. Green eyes. Perfect complexion -- (she never had acne) -- and perfect teeth -- (she never had a cavity). And she had a dimple high on her left cheek, in a place where no dimple should be. We jokingly called it "God's fingerprint." That dimple turned out to be like a little bull's eye. The first bullet struck it directly.

the organ transplant

Question: I just read your new book, Seasons of the Heart, which I ordered from Amazon.com. That information about Kait's memories being transplanted along with her organs wasn't in Who Killed My Daughter! That's the most incredible thing I ever heard of. Why didn't you write about it in who Killed My Daughter?

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 11:07:45 AM
Reply: It wasn't in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? because, at the time I wrote that book, I didn't know about it. The organ recipient's mother didn't contact me until several years later. That's also about the time I read the article by the nurse.

Election

Question: Could it be possible that a huge illegal fund raising effort is in place to siphon public works project funds and drug money with the end goal of providing funds for the 2008 election race?

It seems so strange that we havent heard anything about the sealed indictments against prominant democrats, iglesius is fired, then starts a scandel in washington because dominici and wilson were allegedly pressuring him to do his job with respect to the obviously corrupt NM power structure. I bet he fears for his life and has been afraid to do what is necessary to bring down these democrats.

what exactly constitutes justification for not unsealing an indictment?

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 06:24:18 AM
Reply: I don't know enough about either politics or the law to be able to respond to those questions.

Kait'

Question: Do you really know who killed your daughter? Do you think it is weird that your books realate to your real life? Was the sykic you saw freaky or was she normal?

Asked on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 03:29:37 PM
Reply: No, we don't know who pulled the trigger(s). Three times. Apparently, using guns of two different calibers. That fact causes us to think there were two shooters.

Yes, that's "weird."

The psychics we consulted seemed as normal as anybody else. Everyday people. They just happened to have a particular talent, like people who are gifted in art or music or writing or math or woodworking or computers or anything else.

kait

Question: what happen to kait.

Asked on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 08:03:56 AM
Reply: She was shot to death.

i am really sorry

Question: i'm a 14yr old and i just started reading your novel when one day i came across reading the novel on your daughter. i am really sorry for your loss and i pray to god that may you and your family find the murderers of your beloved daughter. one again i am sorry and god bless your whole family

Asked on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 12:48:34 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet message.

The Tally Keeper

Question: Did I understand you correctly, is the "Tally Keeper" finished and about to be published?

Asked on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 03:10:45 PM
Reply: The sequel, THE TALLY KEEPER, is written up to the point where we are today. More can still be added as new information is given us or uncovered by our private investigators.

No, it's not "about to be published." We need to find just the right publisher for this book, one who will not be intimidated by the controversial content. That may take a while, or it may happen immediately. Publishing is a business, and publishers have their own agendas.

HI.....

Question: HI MY NAME IS LILLY IM 14 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE NEVER LIKED TO READ.....UNTIL THE STORY ABOUT KAIT. IT MADE ME RELIZE THE TRUE DANGERS IN THE WORLD AND NOT ALL THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE WE WISH THEY WOULD. I WILL PRAY THAT U DON ROBBIN AND THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY WILL FINALLY KNOW THE TRUTH. WITH LUV AND PRAYERS LILLY.

Asked on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 12:12:35 PM
Reply: Bless you, Lilly. That is exactly the message young readers should get from this book.

Theme

Question: What would the theme of your book be?

Asked on Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 04:53:41 PM
Reply: THE TALLY KEEPER will start where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? left off and will cover all that's happened since that first book was published in 1992.

And, believe me, A LOT has happened!!!!

The case

Question: After all these years of looking for justice and trying to find her murderers do you still look and have hope that you'll find them?

Asked on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 09:21:10 PM
Reply: Yes. Because we're very close to the answer. All it will take is for one ethical person with inside knowledge to make the decision to contact us. When he/she does that, our PI's will follow up on his/her information and confirm it on their own, while keeping the informant's identity confidential.

That's more likely to happen today than it was when Kait was murdered, because over the years loyalties change, lovers (who learned things through pillow talk) become bitter ex-lovers, honest cops retire or quit the force and are no longer bound by the Blue Code of Silence, frightened people gain courage, weak people gain strength, and lost people find God.

I feel in my heart that one of those people is going to decide, "Enough is enough -- this family needs closure!" -- and reach out to us.

Our e-mail address is loisduncan@arquettes.com. Our mailing address is: Arquettes, c/o PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

Kate Arquette

Question: Have you asked Allison Dubois for a reading or to possibly help with news that could bring Kate\'s killer to justice. I\'ve followed your daughter\'s tragedy for many years and have wondered if you\'ve looked into a reading. She does spend a lot of her time working with law inforcement to do just that. When I watch Patricia Arquette portray Allison on the TV show \"Medium\" I often think of your daughter.

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 04:42:28 PM
Reply: I appreciate the suggestion, but I think we've consulted enough psychics. The ones we consulted were extremely helpful in steering us toward information we were later able to confirm.

But information from psychics carries no weight when dealing with law enforcement. Right now we're at a point where we need concrete evidence that can be used in court.

Kait

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I just finished your book and am so sorry for your loss. I am a mother myself and could not imagine the pain you must feel. I can only pray that justice will come to those who are involved. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Best of luck to you on solving this case.
Best wishes

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 03:46:49 PM
Reply: Thank you for your caring and your prayers.

fantasy and reality?

Question: Might what you talked about below, kids\' inability to separate TV fiction from reality, have been a factor in Kait\'s death?

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 03:26:43 PM
Reply: That's possible.

Kait had never experienced violence, (unless it occurred in her relationship with Dung, and she didn't tell us.) We never even spanked our children -- they did "time out" or were grounded. It certainly wouldn't have occurred to Kait that breaking up with a boyfriend -- for whatever reason -- might put her in a position to be murdered.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next