Displaying 5321 - 5340 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 267 of 283)

police corruption

Question: The overview of police corruption you provice is shocking. Rape, theft, bankrobbery, shootings, killing pets, setting police dogs on ordinary citizens, "policing while intoxicated", coverups, intimindation. And looking at the recent dates, it appears that things still haven't been cleaned up.

I did wonder, though: did Andrew Lehockey leave the police force? His string of assaults by police dogs seems to end on your timeline.

Your website does a public service with this list. Let's just say I would never move to Albuquerque. You might consider giving it a more prominent position on the site. It's an eye-opener.

I'm glad to read that more leads are opening up for you. You and Kait remain in my prayers.

Asked on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 01:57:21 PM
Reply: Is Lehocky still with APD? That's a good question, and I don't know the answer. In 2005, Bernalillo County sheriff's deputy, Detective Heather Schreckendgust, shot and killed Lohocky’s dog, Bart, after Bart attacked her while she was on duty. However, according to a newspaper article, Bart’s handler at that time was Deputy Larry Harlan.

That suggests that Lehocky may no longer have been with APD. But there's no way to know. The department almost never releases information when an officer is fired.

Investigation

Question: I would like to express my sympathies to your family concerning your daughter's murder. I sincerely hope that Kaitlyn's murderers are brought to justice.

I don't understand the legal system in the USA so my question might seem pointless:

How come the FBI are not involved in this? Is seems to me that your family have spent a lot of time gathering information that the police should have obtained.

With all this information you have managed to gather over the years can't the FBI step in and investigate a case that has obviously been handled in such an appalling manner?

Regards,

Toru

Asked on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 04:11:40 PM
Reply: That's a good question, and the answer will surprise U.S. citizens as much as it will you. It certainly surprised US!

The FBI cannot investigate a homicide unless the local law enforcement agency "invites them in," (meaning they ask for federal help). Because, MURDER IS NOT A FEDERAL CRIME. A homicide case "belongs" to the local agency who has sole control over the investigation.

Crime in ABQ

Question: The vast majority of violent crime in ABQ occurs along a corridor surrounding one street, Central Avenue. Kait was killed within about 4-5 blocks of Central. Post an email address and I can give you more info regarding your move.

Asked on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 01:46:20 PM
Reply: The person who posted that question is understandably nervous about posting her address on the Internet. If you would like to contact her directly, you can send her an e-mail c/o us at loisduncan@arquettes.com, and we will forward it to her.

Albuquerque

Question: Hello. First I would like to say that I am deeply saddened by your loss. I admire your ability to stay strong and I have much respect for you.
I have a question and I am wondering if you could help. My family is getting ready to relocate to Albuquerque. We are VERY concerned about the crime. Do you feel that overall it is a dangerous city? Are there safer areas? Any information would be helpful. Thank you for our time. We won't forget your story.

Asked on Monday, May 22, 2006 at 10:16:34 PM
Reply: Yes, in my personal opinion, Albuquerque is a dangerous city, because of the political corruption, which enhances and encourages the corruption in law enforcement. Both are a product of the massive drug operations which, we have been informed, are primarily controlled by political VIPS, who are protected by law enforcement. The little guys at the bottom of the drug chain, dealing out of their pockets on street corners, take the fall. The VIPs who import the stuff, warehouse it, and distribute it, rake in millions, and nobody can touch them.

However, having said that, I also have to say that we lived in Albuquerque for over 20 years with no knowledge of any of that and were very happy there. We loved the beauty of the area, the milti-cultural atmosphere, and the many good friends we made there. We lived in our own little middle-class world -- a cocoon of sorts -- oblivious to the darker side of life. It wasn't until our own child's murder that our eyes opened up to that.

There are many other equally dangerous areas of our country. You can't spend your life huddling in a closet. Plenty of people live in Albuquerque safely and happily and regard it as Paradise.

Ngyuen

Question: I love your book Who Killed My Daughter. I have friends with the last name ngyuen, I wanted to know if this means anything. Good luck with finding Kait's killer. you are loved all over the U.S. best of luck is always with you!

Asked on Monday, May 22, 2006 at 03:57:42 PM
Reply: I'm sure your friends are not related to Dung. Nguyen is a very common Vietnamese name.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Update

Question: I wrote you about my daughter being involved in an Asian gang with a boyfirend & you told me to do whatever it took to get her away. You were so right!
The boyfriend has murdered several people in California & one in Denver & is now in jail. I feel we got her away from him but he was so sneeky that I was never sure. Now he will be away forever if all goes right in the court system. It could have been our sweet daughter - just like it was yours. Our story just turned out different. We are however, working very hard to help her through all of this & get her onto a fullfilling life - minus the drama & danger.

Thanks for your book & your advice.

Jang

Asked on Monday, May 22, 2006 at 01:14:43 PM
Reply: Thank God your daughter's story has a happier ending than Kait's did! I'm glad that my advice led you in the right direction.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Duncan

Question: Dear Mr. and Mrs. Duncan,
I am sure you have heard the statement many times " I am sorry for your daughters death," so I didn't think I should start my comment out that way. Although I am sorry to say that only today, I learned of your daughters death during class. I was only born a year after your daughters death, but have been a fan of yours since I was eight. I asked my mother if she remember the event of your daughter's killing and she said yes. She said that if I were ever killed, being her second oldest daughter, she wouldn't know how to go on. That being said I feel I must tell you what a phenomenal woman you are. You have been strong, you even looked into the case yourself, and I hope you continue being strong.

Asked on Friday, May 19, 2006 at 01:07:11 AM
Reply: I'm sure your mother would find some way to "go on." What other choice would she have? Your post is kind, but I'm not in any way "phenomenal." You have to play with the hand Life deals you, even if you hate it.

sorry

Question: Did u ever find out who killed Kait and why and if so were they convicted for the crime

Asked on Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 07:53:07 AM
Reply: I'm afraid not.

I think you must have asked that question before reading the material on this web site.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Lots of thoughts...part two.

Question: And even more thoughts! I’ve been a fan of yours since I was a teenager. I am now 41 years old, yet a few years ago I came across a listing for some of your paperback novels available for purchase on eBay. I bid on them and I won. It was then that I decided to purchase some more of your books; ones that I’ve never read. I did so and became determined to purchase every book that you’ve ever written. Well, it took me a while, but I finally managed to locate and purchase every published book of yours (but I dare not tell my husband how much I spent doing so!) So what’s my point? It is this. The last book I purchased is “Love Song For Joyce”. I purchased that book about a half a year ago and I was going to put the book on my “Lois Duncan shelf”…and I suddenly found myself stopping short. I had this strange feeling that I shouldn’t put it on the shelf with the rest of the books…at least not yet. It was as if I couldn’t add that last book to my collection until I felt that Kait’s murderer was brought to justice. I’ve thought about this a lot (every time I look at that book sitting there all by itself). And now, as I hold this book in my hand, I pray that something will allow me to set it on the shelf with the other books that you’ve written. What that means is this: I hope that somehow you and your family can finally find peace by knowing who killed Kait. And if you can’t find peace that way, I hope you can find it in some other way.

Wow…this is long and I apologize for that. But for whatever reason, I felt really compelled to write this tonight.

I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Sincerely,
Kathy

Asked on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 07:00:45 PM
Reply: The fact that you have collected all 48 of my books in mind-blowing! I don't have copies of all of them myself!

LOVE SONG FOR JOYCE was the first book I ever wrote. I was 18 -- (the same age Kait was when she was killed.) It's a sticky romance, (what else do most 18-yr-olds know to write about?) -- and I'd forgotten it existed. I, too, pray that it eventually ends up on your bookshelf along with the others.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Lots of thoughts...part one.

Question: I have a number of thoughts to post!

My first (and foremost) thought I want to express is that I am so sorry that you’ve had to endure the loss of your daughter, Kait. To lose a child in such a violent manner is incomprehensible. I lost my firstborn. She was stillborn due to a birth defect that was incompatible with life. That was the hardest thing I’ve ever endured, so it’s hard for me to fathom how you managed to carry on after losing Kait. To love and care for a child for 18 years and then to have them taken from you in such an terrible way is something a parent should never have to endure. I am so sorry for your loss.

And more thoughts. I saw your reply to the post that was made on Mother’s Day. I found it interesting how you respond to people who ask about your children. Our losses are completely different, but I usually respond to the question of “how many children do you have” in this way: “I have one son with me and a daughter in heaven”. Anyway, I like your response. Kait most definitely “is off doing her own thing”. Do we miss the ones we love who have moved on to the next life? You bet! Are they in a better place? I haven’t a doubt.

Asked on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 06:59:54 PM
Reply: I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. Your response to people who ask about your children is lovely. In my own case, I'm at a stage of life where, "How many children do you have? Where do they live? What do they do? Do you get to see them often?" is the way strangers at social events try to open conversations by making small talk. If you say, "I have four living chidren and one who was murdered," it's like dropping a bomb in the room. Nobody knows what to say next. So, on occasions like that, I try to slide by, being honest but not explicit.

Answered by: Kait's mom

is there any new info on kaits murder?

Question: is there any new info on kaits murder?please let me know i have some questions i would like to ask about your book and about any new stuff on the murder. thanks. good luck and dont give up you will find the killer because we all have faith and believe in you, and the duncan family.

my e mail, garthpac@yahoo.com

Asked on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 01:09:01 PM
Reply: In the couple of months since this web site was reconstructed to make it more user-friendly, we have received quite a bit of new information, some of which could be very important. However, since the informants don't wish to be identified -- and we guarantee confidentiality -- we need to find ways to have that information confirmed by secondary sources before we can utilize it, so we can protect the identities of the primary sources.

who killed kait?

Question: hello, i have read who killed my daughter and i was wondering if you think dung had a part in kaits death? i think he did. are the cops investigating the horrid crime? well they should! i wish you the best of luck and pray that you find kaits killer.

Asked on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 07:37:22 PM
Reply: We don't think Dung killed Kait. But we're certain that he knows who did.

Little Vietnam

Question: This is a dumb question, but I would like to know where little Vietnam is in Albuquerque? Could you tell me the streets or the area? It seems like you are getting a lot of useful information now, so I hope this case is going to be solved. I hope Dung reads the messageboard and feels bad!

Asked on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 03:40:01 PM
Reply: We hadn't heard that term either until after Kait's murder when the police used the term "Little Vietnam" to refer to the area of Albuquerque south of Central, running more or less from Wyoming to somewhere around the University area. That area contains a number of low-cost apartment complexes that are largely populated by Vietnamese.

forgotten question

Question: i forgot to ask the question that prompted to me to write last entry. Did Kait ever work at this other Pier One? Was she in anyway responsible for shipping and recieving at that location?

Asked on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 08:05:59 AM
Reply: The only Pier One that Kait worked for was the one at Fair Plaza.

Pier One 2

Question: I personally observed a guy that i know believe was Dung, along with what i interpretted at the time to be numerous vietnamese gangsters, at the old Angel City Grill off north San Mateo. i got the impression this guy was the host or owner or bouncer or something at the time, kind of overseeing what was going on.

i believe it became the ACG in the early nineties. The place felt as if it was about to explode with violence. i believe there was actually a vietnamese gang shootout in there. If my memory serves me, the grill was owned by someone in LA, and was abruptly shut down without paying any bills. Cant remember if it was a bankruptcy thing, the shooting or if there was something more sinister.

The interesting thing is that the grill is about 50 yards from another Pier One. From what i understand, gang members and wiseguys typically hang out at their local speakeasy which are typically loci of trafficking activities. They also often act as "security" and/or run the joint.

Have you looked into that Pier One location? Have you eliminated the possiblity that there was a opiate shipment intended for that location that inadvertantly arrived at Kait's location? perhaps the shipments were going to both locations. how certain are you that Kait wasnt the one that opened the box? Pier One, incidently, started in San Fran with the hippy movement so an asian connection is not unrealistic.

Asked on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 07:48:06 AM
Reply: Thank you for this information. I will have someone follow up on it.

We know that Kait wasn't the person who opened the box that contained that particular heroin shipment, because the Pier One employee who DID open that box contacted us to say so.

Tiffany Again..

Question: Hi..Just wanted to say that I got an A- on my project, despite that there wasn't any DNA involved. Those was the only points that got knocked off!! By the way I was wandering.. What did Rod have to say? Was he the secret boyfriend? I also here your writing another book? When do you think it will be out?? I would love to read it. Your a very great author. I wish you the best of luck~! I wish I could do something!!
Never give up..!!

Asked on Monday, May 15, 2006 at 04:07:30 PM
Reply: Congratulations on your good grade. Yes, Rod did contact us. Yes, he was Kait's secret boyfriend. And, yes, I am writing a sequel, but it will be quite some time before it's published.

The Police in New Mexico

Question: My question is how long did you monitor the police after the asumsion of them having to do with the murder of your daughter? I would also like to know if you listened to the police or radio frequencys to find any clues from people that might have discussed this case and stupidly reveal the secrets over the radio like no one is going to listen to their conversations? Did you think of finding someone who is a police officer that can infultrate the police station to try and find out if any one blabs about the murder, or if the police that night are retired then scoop out there house maybe they still take about the murder. It has been a long time maybe they will lower there guard and say something about the murder and make sure to video and recored it. You may have enough proof to convict them and you will final have some peace of mind about your daughter. Also you could just have people devoted to your search patrol the streets and watch the police for anything that is remotely simalear to the death of your daughter. You could unravel a secret that will show what your daughter was trying to reveal and maybe make the streets of new mexico a little safer or a complete disaster either way it should bring you one more step closer to finding how your daughter died. I am sorry my message is so long but there are so many possible people who could have done it but I am pretty sure that the police at least had a hand in you daughters death.

Asked on Monday, May 15, 2006 at 01:55:11 PM
Reply: It never entered our heads to STALK THE POLICE. We TRUSTED the police.

It wasn't until four years later that we discovered all the problems with the crime scene. (See the link to "The Crime Scene" on this web site.)

However, you're very right about the fact that honest cops who are now retired and no longer restricted by the Blue Code of Silence could be our best possible source of help. If any such person reads this and is willing to contact us with information, we will be eternally grateful and will never reveal his/her identity.

what would I do?

Question: I am sorry, so sorry for you. If I were you, I would contact a reputable psychic, reputable only. They will give you names/a name and you can try to find evidence that will support the findings. Do not give up. Ask her to come to you in your dreams.

Asked on Monday, May 15, 2006 at 12:24:34 PM
Reply: We've done that. The psychic input was extremely helpful to us personally, but it's not something you can take to APD.

Death

Question: my brother in law died two years ago. he was found at the bottom of the stairs with a broken neck at the time the family beleived that his wife might of pushed him down the stairs but had no proof

Asked on Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 05:52:54 PM
Reply: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Happy Mother's Day

Question: Lois -

I wanted to wish you and the moms of your grandchildren a very happy Mother's Day.

Hope all of you got showered with the attention you deserve.

Kim

Asked on Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 02:21:05 PM
Reply: Happy Mothers Day to all of the mothers who visit this site, whether or not their children are living. We're all still mothers.

When people ask me, "How many children do you have?" I still say, "Five." Then, quite naturally, they follow up by asking, "Do you see them often? Where do they live?" For a while I didn't know how to answer that question. But, now, (if I don't want to ruin a nice conversation with someone I've just met), I tell them where our four surviving chidren live and say, "Our youngest is off doing her own thing."

Which she is.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next