Displaying 5301 - 5320 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 266 of 283)

Sorry

Question: I read your book and I just wanted to say that it brought me to tears. I was so moved by this book that I gave it to everyone in my home to read. I don't understand this whole case. You can clearly tell that this case is not as cut and dried as the APD says it is. I don't think that they realize how they are making themselves look incopetent.
My feeling is that Dung had something to do with this or knows something about it. Has any member of your family heard from him? Probably not.
I hope that you find who you are looking for soon. I know that it must be very frustrating to deal with this.
I am in a similar situation, but not with my daughter and it has been unsolved for over 13 years.

Asked on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 at 02:58:56 PM
Reply: You're right, the lack of closure is terribly stressful, and it builds every year. We can't close a door on this and just say, "Well, Kait's with God now," because her story on this earth was left unfinished.

I'm sorry about your own loss.

Good Luck

Question: I check in every now and then. I hope things work out.

Asked on Monday, June 05, 2006 at 03:06:34 PM
Reply: Thank you.

nothing to say...

Question: I can\'t believe what your going through... not knowing.... It\'s just so... I am sorry.

Asked on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 04:02:23 PM
Reply: You're right -- not knowing is the worst. And each time we and our investigators think we have figured it out, new information comes in that has to be inserted into the puzzle, giving it a whole different shape.

Kait was in a position to have learned too much about too many different activities. (Click the link to "Motives.") The question is -- which one got her killed?

....ummm...

Question: it's just so terrible....
sounds like my sister...
i'm sorry

Asked on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 02:44:43 PM
Reply: I pray that you mean that Kait reminds you of your sister and not that your sister was murdered.

question

Question: me again! is it ok if I use information that was never revealed to the public for the newspaper?
7th grader

Asked on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 09:59:41 AM
Reply: Feel free to use any information on this web site.

hi 7th grader again

Question: did dung ever call when Kait went to Sharon's home?
7th grader

Asked on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 09:38:17 AM
Reply: He did not call, and he was not at his/Kait's apartment to answer the phone throughout the entire evening.

im confused

Question: My mom had your book and i needed to read something for school and it seemed interesting so ive been reading it..my mom told me that you found out the truth on who killed kait, but as im looking at your site it says that you still havent found her killer(s)...have you or not?...im sorry for your loss..

Asked on Saturday, June 03, 2006 at 03:23:37 PM
Reply: Kait's case has not been solved.

wow

Question: im not sure what to say.i never thought any thing like this can happen.honestly you are one of my favorite authors.i thank you for this book because it has helped many people.i am 13 and have just found out of the book and the website 2 days ago while i was reading"i know what you did last summer."i am very sorry that this had happened to yours of all families.i believe that you will find the answers and you are in my prayers.now that it will be june 6,2006 i am scared that this could happen to me but i then again think that this might happen and that anything can happen.i dont know what to think now that i read all this info on your website.thank you.

sincerely,
phangrl

Asked on Saturday, June 03, 2006 at 02:10:10 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet note, Phangrl. Don't be afraid of life. Just learn from Kait's mistakes, and don't become involved with people who are doing illegal or dangerous things.

hi

Question: Hi, is something wrong with the site? I've been seeing weird posts for about a week now. Hope all is well

Asked on Friday, June 02, 2006 at 05:54:33 AM
Reply: We have been out of the country for the past ten days, so I haven't been able to get access to edit the message board. Getting rid of the "junk" posts is a never-ending precess. I got back this morning and have deleted most of it. Will respond to the "good posts" as soon as I'm able.

dung

Question: One thing that has always ticked me off about this case is that boyfriend of hers (Dung). Although it was proven he was not the killer, I am still sickened by him. It's just so loserish to me that a young, handsome boy like that would associate with such 'rift raft'. And even though he didn't kill her, he still had a hand in it simply because of his ways. Was he so low self esteemed that he had to stoop to disrespecting the law? And for him to live as such while having such a beautiful and smart girlfriend proves to me just how uncareful he was with her. He may not have killed her, but from the things I read about him, he was obviously a loser. And that creepy lifestyle that he lived cost Kait her life. He never stopped to think that she could one day be a victim of his ways. She paid the price for the things that he reaped in life. It should have been him that was shot, not her. Although I've never met him, I can't stand him. He was nothing but a lowlife #*$# from another country who wanted shortcuts in life....he preferred disrespecting the law over doing things the right way. I'm so sorry she had to be brought down with it all. In the bible it says that one man's sin can affect many, and that in the end, sin brings death. That loser's transgressions hurt Kate...it just makes me so mad. Has he ever expressed remorse? Or did he just go on???? Does he still crack up cars for a living?

Asked on Thursday, June 01, 2006 at 03:50:44 PM
Reply: As you know from my book and from this web site, I've tried my best to give Dung the benefit of the doubt. Did he express remorse? Yes, he cried a lot. (But, then, he was always able to turn on the tears. That was one of the things that Kait found endearing about him. She told me, when his car was repossessed, Dung "wept in my arms.") And he allegedly attempted suicide out of grief. (We have strong doubts about the validity of that alleged suicide attempt.)

Is he still wrecking cars? Who knows? We have no idea what he's doing or where he is.

Answered by: Kait's mom

I'm doing a project about Kait

Question: I was wondering, what I should do, because I have to write a lead article. What the police think or what you think? I really think you should choose.
7th grader

Asked on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 07:14:48 PM
Reply: I think YOU should choose. The story from APD's point of view would certainly be easier to write, because all you have to say is that Kait was the victim of a "random drive-by shooting." The problem is, it wouldn't be true.

gun blanks

Question: While reading your book about Kait and how there were no bullets found in her or the door I recalled an incident in the '80's where an actor, John Erik Hexum had shot himself in the head with a gun containing a blank cartridge. It caused massive damage and killed him instantly. It immediately struck me that blanks may have been used on your Kait. Then while perusing your site I read about blanks being confiscated at Miguel Garcia's and was literally FLOORED. I know you stated that they could cause no harm other than to terrorize but thats just not true. When shot from a distance of a few feet or more, they cause no harm but closer and they become just as deadly as a regular bullet. You can go to this site and read more about it.
I may be an avenue to explore further.
I hope this information is helpful in some capacity.

Sincerely,
Dawn

Asked on Monday, May 29, 2006 at 02:41:39 AM
Reply: Thank you for that information, which is something I never knew before. It seems doubtful that it's true in Kait's case because of the large bullet hole in the doorframe of her car. (See the photos linked to the "crime scene" page.)

Answered by: Kait's mom

Observations from a rereading of your book

Question: After finding this message board, I went back and reread your book. I wanted to share one interesting observation. The psychic had talked about one person going south, one person going west across water, and one going northeast towards Chicago. Or something like that. In your book you were able to attribute that to the Mexicans first and then attributed it to the Vietnamese. Did you ever consider that it meant the groups involved and not individuals? Meaning the Mexicans, the Vietnamese, and some group from the Chicago area? I also had another observation. I seem to remember references in the book to Kait having recognized someone in the car and felt some relief in the recognition and feeling betrayed. My thought is perhaps Dung was not out looking for her to warn her. Perhaps he was actually out looking for her to give her up (betray her) to the hitmen. Calls were made from her apartment right after she was pronounced brain dead supposedly to the people who ordered the hit. In your book you said Dung was looking for a phone at the hospital at that time. My feeling is he was calling the people at the apartment so they could call the people who ordered the hit. That would suggest that not only he knew of what happened but also suggests that he would have not necessarily killed her but was more involved. I know this does nothing to help your case, but I just wanted to share these thoughts. And, as always, I hope you find answers soon!

Asked on Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 11:46:25 PM
Reply: Those are good observations, and all of them are possibilities.

The Tally Keeper

Question: Hello. It has been a few years since I read Who Killed My Daughter, but everytime my mom and I hear about yet another murder of a young girl we always wonder if any progress has been made in Kait's case. I read a while back that you were in the process of writing a follow-up book, but haven't heard anything since. Are you still writing it and if so, when do you expect it to be out?
Thanks so much and God bless!
Missy

Asked on Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 06:21:20 PM
Reply: I'm still writing that sequel, adding to it, chapter by chapter, as new information surfaces. I have no idea when it will be published.

Wondering....

Question: Hello,

I came across this site through Ann Rule's in a roundabout way. After reading everything on here I immediately went to Ebay and got your book about Kait.
I couldn't put it down. My emotions were in a tumble. I went from crying to outrage and disbelief. I am so very sorry for you and your family. I know what it is to lose someone but never by murder. I can only imagine the pain that all of you must feel.
I was wondering...in your book, one of the psychics makes a reference to the murderers gathering under the snake. Something to that effect. Have you ever checked into this? I know the Mexican Mafia's symbol is an Eagle with a snake and the letters EME.
You're book brings about a million questions in my mind. I'm sure you've been asked all of them so I won't burden you with more. Just please, know that you are in my heart and prayers. Kait will always remain the beautiful girl in your picture and I'm sure she is watching over all of you. May someday you find the answers that you seek, the closure that you need, and the peace that you deserve.
Sincerely,
Dawn

Asked on Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 02:00:34 AM
Reply: That snake symbol in Betty Muench's reading has always bewildered us. We assumed it was an Asian symbol, but you have raised a new possibility that we never considered.

Interested

Question: Look into officer Heatly of APD he was one of the officers involved in the killing of a man who worked at that shop and was going to expose the APD corruption practices that were taking place on the day he was killed

Asked on Friday, May 26, 2006 at 04:22:57 PM
Reply: There is nothing in the police reports we've been given access to that indicates Heatly was at Kait's scene or involved in the investigation. However, I do know about his involvement in the Peter Klunck shooting six months prior to that. If you have any information linking Heatly to Kait's case, please, send it to us by private e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com, or by U.S. mail at PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

message board

Question: in reading the information regarding the pro-tem legilature in one of ther passasges in the message board, that person who was accused of kickbacks in the downtown courthouse was aslo running a construction business on Isleta blvd. named with (J) I don't want to use the name but you can figure it out, also this (J) was running the business from the State penitenary, it was in the newspapers years back. You might check it out in the archives or have your PI. It might help you in search.

Asked on Friday, May 26, 2006 at 03:31:07 PM
Reply: Please, send us more detailed information by private e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com. Including "J's" name and anything you may know about him. That will make our PI's search much easier. If you don't want to send an e-mail, you can write to us by U.S. mail at PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

physic readings

Question: My question or thought is " the person that is metioned to have political ties seems to go back to one person that is still very active in the public eye, for example there has been mention of highlands unversity? why did this person go to visit china? to recruit as stated in the newspaper!!!
Also they mention a person named Tony, didn't the brother of the owner of the desert castle have a brother named Tony who had something to do with a club?

Asked on Friday, May 26, 2006 at 09:18:26 AM
Reply: I don't know anything about that person taking a trip to China. We now live out of state and get most of our information about what goes on in Albuquerque from on-line editions of the newspapers, so we miss a lot of things.

Jesse Jackson's half-brother, Noah Robinson, who owned a mansion in Albq. at the time of Kait's murder, did have a brother named Tony who owned a club or restaurant of some kind. But we don't know that Noah Robinson's mansion was the "Desert Castle." That was pure speculation by posters on this message board,

Apodaca

Question: I was reading in one of your answers to an earlier post you mentioned that Adrian Apodaca was one of Kait's neighbors who reported her being followed by a VW Bug as she left her apartment. That name just jumped off the page at me and I was wondering if they were any relation to Paul Apodaca, one of the possible suspects. I just thought that was interesting.
Sincerely,
Dawn Roush

Asked on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:52:01 PM
Reply: That occurred to us too, so we had our private investigator check that out. They are not related.

Thoughts from reading

Question: And I just wanted to say that as I read your book, the overwhelming thought that kept going through my head was it is so scary and sad to think this is the kind of thing you think of \\\"happening to someone else.\\\" But here it is that your family was obviously a good, caring, close-knit, loving family. You obviously had a good, close relationship with Kait as you continued to see each other and talk and do things together on a daily basis after she moved out. We always think of the \\\"bad\\\" kids getting into trouble, but even the \\\"good\\\" kids can become involved in things that perhaps they shouldn\\\'t be involved in. I think back to what I was like when I was Kait\\\'s age and I cannot imagine what she must have been going through. I guess what I\\\'m mostly trying to say is that I hope that writing the book helps you to find answers and leads to the prosecution of those involved. But I also hope it causes your readers to take a minute and be thankful every minute for what and who you have in your life because without any notice at all, it can all be taken away. And also it is so important to be involved in our children\\\'s lives. Which is increasingly more difficult in the world we live in today. I\\\'m sorry I can\\\'t provide any help in your search for answers but I wanted to share how your story spoke to my heart. I pray for you to find answers and closure and peace.
Sincerely,
Dawn Roush

Asked on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:49:48 PM
Reply: Those are very good observations. However, as most parents learn the hard way, it is extremely difficult to control your child's life after he/she reaches the late teens and is starting to break free to become his/her own person. No matter how much you love each other, they are not going to confide in a parent about things they know that parent would disapprove of. They don't want to be lectured or restricted. They believe they are invincible and nothing bad can possibly happen to them. In most cases, they learn from their mistakes, and everything turns out fine. Kait wasn't that lucky.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next