Displaying 5241 - 5260 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 263 of 283)

Various

Question: How is Paul Doing?

How Old would Kait be today?

Asked on Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 03:57:02 PM
Reply: Paul's doing great.

Kait was born on September 18, 1970.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Dear Ms. Duncan

Question: I just wanted to say that I first read your book when I was 14 and it stuck with me as a very dear friend of mine was murdered in a small town outside of Bakersfield, Ca. and the police deemed it a suicide even though none of the evidence added up to a suicide. She was 16. I finally found the book at a small used bookstore last year on my 21st birthday and bought it immediately. I know in my heart my friend will not recieve the justice she deserves but I continually pray for you and yur family and for Kait's spirit that you recieve the justice that so many others have not found. I pray you be the guiding light that shines a light on the corruption of the system and maybe one day people can fully trust the law.

Asked on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 11:11:16 PM
Reply: I echo your hopes.

Deepest sympathy

Question: My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.
I believe that if you want something bad enough that it will happen, therefor I truly believe that this case will be solved. I'll pray for all of you....

[From: Heather]

Asked on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 09:06:36 PM
Reply: Thank you, Heather.

I need some info..

Question: Ms. Duncan,
this is katy68, I hope things are coming along with the case. I have a question that does not have anything to do with the case. I would ask you through e-mail but you are harder to get in touch with than i thought! :)
Well, I really want to write children's books but I just don't know how to get started! My family does not have alot of money due to my father's recent death and the fact that we were denied Social Security, in fact we didn't get any income after his death. So we were left sitting in a hole. Luckily we have close friends.But as I said I reallllllllly want to get started, I am asking you because I knew you started had a book published when you were very young. If there is a better way we can discuss this, feel free to email me @ camarokaty68@yahoo.com. I would love if there is any good advice you can give me. I am so eager for my literature to be known. I have taken several aptitude test and gotten positive responses. I have also been complimented by many teachers, now I just need to get my foot in the door, Please help! from: katy68

Asked on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 08:30:00 PM
Reply: I responded to your private e-mail, Katy. Perhaps my reply got buried in your "In Box." I'd prefer to keep the focus of this message board on subjects related to Kait's case.

Long Time

Question: I just wanted to say that although its been a long time since I originally read your book about the horrible crime of your daughters murder I still think about it often. In my opinion you give great courage to those of us who aren't quite certain what we want with our lives because despite all the hardship you have endured you continue to write and be a large inspiration to us. I happened upon your book one day while in High School (nearly 10 years ago)when I was supposed to be researching for my freshman history class. I picked it up, along with my research materials, and I have to be honest with you, only one item was finished by the end of that weekend and it wasn't my homework. I cried for your loss and for the injustice against your family in the police not completing the investigation and giving the honest and true answers I'm sure we all feel you deserve. No family should be left without the answers to the questions surrounding the murder of a loved one. You're a very brave woman and you give courage to us all.

Also, I'll be purchasing your book on Barnes & Noble's website shortly. Along with several of your other books. I hope the story of your daughter never goes out of print and stays up front in the minds of those who were involved but refuse to step forward.

Best wishes to you and your family, forever and always.

Asked on Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 03:36:40 PM
Reply: There's nothing I can say to this post except, "Thank you."

WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?

Question: I'm dying to read this book, but I can't find it in the supermarket or at my local bookstore. Is it still in print?

Asked on Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 02:11:05 PM
Reply: Yes, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? is still in print in paperback. The easiest way to get a copy at a discount is to scroll down to the bottom of Kait's homepage and click on the link to Amazon.com, which is directly under the picture of the book jacket.

You won't find this book in many bookstores, because it was published in 1992. However, if you suggest to the manager of your local bookstore that they stock this book because "there is a demand for it," we would appreciate that. We desperately want this book to continue selling, not because of the revenue, (which is minimal), but because if it doesn't rack up enough sales, the publisher will take it out of print. And that would be devastating to us, as that book is all that is keeping Kait's case from becoming buried and forgotten.

For the few "book collectors" who would like to own an autographed copy of the out-of-print hard cover edition, you can go to my "Lois Duncan" web site, which was set up for teenage readers, and click on the appropriate link. When the hardcover edition went out of print, which happens when the paperback comes out, I purchased a batch of remainders. They're currently sitting in our attic, and my husband wants me to sell them off quickly to reduce the weight on the ceiling. He's afraid we'll be killed in our sleep when that load of books breaks through and tumbles down on the bed.

YOU WERE GREAT!!

Question: I RECENTLY JUST FINISHED READING YOUR BOOK. I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT BY FAR THE BEST NOVEL I HAVE EVER READ. AS I WAS READING THE NOVEL I COULD NOT BELEAVE THAT THESE KINDS OF THINGS REALLY HAPPENED...I THOUGHT ALOT ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS THAT U WERE ONCE SOMEONE ELSE. I DONT KNOW IF IT\\\'S CALLED REINCARNATION BUT I JUST FOUND IT REALLY WEIRD.. I DONT AT ALL THINK IT WAS RANDOM IN I BELEAVE THAT THE POLICE WERE JUST TO AFRAID OF THE VIETNAMESE MEN. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK..I THOUGHT THAT YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH ALL THE THINGS YOU FOUND OUT. YOU WERE REALLY ON TOP OF THINGS!!..YOU WERE GREAT!!

Asked on Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 01:39:25 PM
Reply: We're still at it. Our private investigator has interviewed three more people with information within the past few weeks.

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: Dear Kait's mom:

I picked up your book from a lending library based upon the fact that you were the author. Your book, A Gift of Magic, had been so touching to my 12-year-old self, that it was the one I kept for my own children to read. That was over 30 years ago. Who Murdered My Daughter? was particularly haunting to me as I lived in Albuquerque for two years at that time (my husband was also employed at the Labs), and your daughter was murdered on our anniversary. I could still picture all of the streets and sites that were described by Kait to the psychics, even before you later identified them.

MH

Asked on Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 08:51:14 AM
Reply: Ironically, Kait was killed on the day FOLLOWING our anniversary. That means that, what should be a day of celebration for us, has become a day of bracing ourselves for the day ahead, which is Kait's "deathday."

Betty Muench

Question: Dear Mrs. Duncan I have three questions for you.

How is Betty Muench doing and is she still helping with the murder?

Do you know the whereabouts of Dung?

How much have you discovered of Kate`s secret life?

Asked on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 at 04:06:30 PM
Reply: Betty Muench still lives in Albuqueque. She is now semi-retired and does not do readings for many new clients. I can still ask her questions if I choose to, but I think she has probably given us all that she can.

I don't know where Dung is. I assume still in Albuquerque.

We learn more about Kait's life from every tipster who contacts us. But we don't post all of it here.

Three questions

Question: Mrs. Duncan –

I have 3 questions.

1. With it having been 17 years since Katilyn’s murder, is it not possible for a ‘cold case’ team made up of APD officers impartial enough to review the case with a view to bringing the murderers to justice? Especially since most of the original officers involved in the case are now retired.

Or

2. I have heard of cold case teams being comprised from different law enforcement agencies of retired individuals working to solve murders that have been going on as long as Kaitlyn’s. Could this be a possibility?
3. I know your quest for answers in solving Kaitlyn’s murder has been a long and expensive one. Do you have any type of fund set up for donations those of us may wish to contribute to, to help with this? Or, if you feel it is more appropriate, a favorite charity where a donation in Kaitlyn’s honor could be made?

Thank you and I hope your family is able to achieve justice for Kaitlyn.

Asked on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 at 12:15:06 PM
Reply: Thank you for those good questions.

1. In 2003, the APD Cold Case Squad did reopen Kait's case, thanks to one particular detective who formed an interest in it. As soon as he began digging into things in an agressive manner, he was transferred to another department. Nobody else on the APD Cold Case Squad wanted to pursue the investigation, so it was stone-walled.

2. Also, in 2003, after reviewing copies of APD reports, forensic reports, scene photos, etc. a member of the Bernallilo County Cold Case Squad, (not to be confused with the APD Cold Case Squad), came up with the following interpretation of the crime scene, which you’ll find at the bottom of our “Crime Scene” link.
1) This was not a random drive-by shooting
2) The shooting occurred after Kaitlyn's vehicle had struck the utility pole
3) The accuracy of the shots suggests they were fired at a very close range, at a non-moving target.
4) Had the shooting taken place while victim's car was in motion, it would have veered to the right of the roadway due to the left-to-right camber of the pavement. Also, the victim's falling to the right would have turned the steering wheel in that direction if she was grasping the steering wheel at the time of shooting.
5) Damage to the left end of the rear bumper suggests the rear of her vehicle was struck and pushed to the right by a second vehicle which veered her car across the median and into the utility pole.
6) This shooting was intentional and Ms. Arquette was the specific target.

That information was given to the APD Cold Case Squad. They were not interested in considering it.

No, we don't have a fund set up for donations to cover expenses in Kait's case, but we've received a great deal of pro bono help from outside investigators, which has lightened the load for us. If people, out of the goodness of their hearts, would like to make donations in Kait's name, it would be appropriate to make then to NIA/NM, (National Investigations Agency of New Mexico) a non-profit agency that donates their time and talents to helping families of murder victims who have been failed by "The System" and can't afford private investigators. The address is: PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125. Donations should be marked: To help subsidize pro bono investigations.

Reading The Book

Question: Mrs. Duncan I`ve just started on the book but I pray that God will be with you and your family. I also pray you will find out about her secret life and hopefully that will lead to finding her killer.

Sincerely,Anthony Pope

PS. What has happened to her bedroom? Is her waterbed still there?

Asked on Monday, August 07, 2006 at 04:18:42 PM
Reply: We left Albuqueque after WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published because of death threats to the rest of us. We sold the family home and disposed of most of the furniture, keeping only things with sentimental value. We gave Kait's aquarium and fish, which we had given her for Christmas that year, and which she absolutely loved, to an orphanage. I don't recall exactly what happened to the waterbed.

Truly Touched...

Question: Hi Louis. I read your book when I was in seventh or eight grade. It became one of my favorite books. As young as I was, I had no idea of how infested with corruption our world is. I am now almost 21 and there are two books that have stayed in my mind throughout those years: "Who Killed My Daughter" and Ayn Ryands classic, "The Fountainhead". Until I had read your book I really hadn't ever given much thought to psycic readers. Your book made me realize that it really is out there. Just recently I was having a conversation about the topic and I found myself using your story as a reference to support my argument. (Don't get me wrong, I do not trust all of the people out there with "the sense"...however I know it is out there.) I then found my curiousity get the best of me. I immediately went online to find your website and to find out what has happened with your case since your publication. I stayed online for hours trying to read up on everything I could find. I am very sorry to hear that it isn't over for you. And quite frankly I was very suprised to see you following up on all of the messages people send you on this site. For that reason I wanted you to know that your efforts are not just in vain. Fourteen years after your publication and you are still touching the hearts of everyone who reads your book. Your story will always stay in my heart and I will continue to pray that you find the answers you have worked so hard to find. Thank you for the gift you have given your readers through your stories. We haven't forgotten you.

Asked on Monday, August 07, 2006 at 12:50:29 PM
Reply: And thank YOU for such a lovely message.

All you have to do is ask for help for your daught

Question: I have read your story and it has got to me, but to me there are some unanswered question on the police and you. They call me the Hawk and I get what I do best, and yes they pay for there crime. I can tell you that your daughter was killed and it was a coverup by the law. I am well known in what I do best in my kind of job, but its not cheep to find a bad cop or all that were in on the crime. This I see that what you tell me in one way, but I see in another. I do have some questions, but only you can answer them.
To help you I have to know everything before and after her death, and one of the heardes part is to tall me everything. I know that you may think that I'm just another nut, but I understand, and I do feel for you both. You can write me to answer my questions, but please don't tell anyone about this.
I am the Hawk my E-mail is sam52642@hotmail.com, and I will not answer to anyone except you, because I am The Hawk.

Asked on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 10:49:15 PM
Reply: We appreciate your desire to help us, but there isn't much information we can give you that isn't already on this web site. We don't know what happened BEFORE Kait's death, because she was hiding things from us. If we knew what those things were, we would know who killed her (or arranged to have her killed).

If you have specific questions, please, post them on this message board and we will do our best to answer them.

Answered by: Kait's mom

have a question

Question: you tell me that she was shot in the head two times, but no sign of any going out or any thing inside her head. now there is only one way that can happen. they call me the Hawk and I see there is one way.

Asked on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 10:12:57 PM
Reply: According to police, the bullets that entered Kait's head must have been of such small caliber that they shattered into undetectable splinters. However, if you will look at the photo of the bullet hole in the door frame of her car, (I believe that may be in the "Crime Scene" section of this web site) you will see that the hole appears quite large. This suggests that two guns may have been used -- a large caliber gun that was fired at her car and caused her to swerve off the road and hit a post, and then a small caliber gun to kill her once her car was stationery.

Curious...

Question: I've just recently finished your book "Who Killed My Daughter?" and I was curious... Has there been anything turned up since 1993??

Courtney

Asked on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 05:53:07 PM
Reply: Yes. And much of it is on this web site.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Hello

Question: I am very interested in Kaitlyn's death. Does anyone have any answers?

Asked on Monday, July 31, 2006 at 11:43:25 AM
Reply: Speculations, but not answers.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Coverups

Question: I work for a police agency and it's 100% true that they have the protect your own policy. If you aren't one of the good old boys though, they don't mind leaving you out to dry. It's amazing the things that go on behind the scenes at our agency and actually any other agency. I am so sorry for your loss. The big man in the sky will have the ultimate judgement of the parties involved. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Asked on Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 04:15:38 PM
Reply: That supports what we have been told by many other cops. However, we keep praying that ONE honest cop (or former cop, since many of the original homicide detectives have retired now) at APD will contact us privately with the information we need. If so, we will never reveal that cop's identity.

Answered by: Kait's mom

hello

Question: Hi Ms. Duncan
I am 17 years old and i have read almost all your books. I enjoy them very much. Now that summer is here, i decided to catch up on my reading. I wanted to continue reading books by you so I decided to read Who killed my daughter? I couldnt put it down. I was touched how you never gave up and kept on searching on who did it. I was shocked that the police hardly did anything on the case. After reading the book, I want online to search if you ever solved the case. I am surprise that it has not been solved. I really hope you will eventually catch the killers. Good luck on your search.

-Kathy

Asked on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 01:58:46 PM
Reply: Thank you, Kathy, But, please, know, we are not the only ones who are going through the exhausting experience of trying to force our way through "The Blue Wall of Silence" in order to expose the truth. Visit the Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com to read about many others.

The term "Blue Code" applies to the (sometimes unspoken but always understood) agreement between police officers that their primary obligation is to "protect their own." Apparently, this is brainwashed into them at the Police Academy. That doesn't mean that they are not dedicated to catching bad guys, it just means that, if a cop becomes involved in a cover-up, or is involved in the crime itself, his "brothers" won't expose him. He's #1, the victim #2. The grieving family is probably #100. The family is a distraction and an irritation.

I've just read a book that anyone interested in this subject might want to order from Amazon.com. It's WALKING WITH THE DEVIL -- THE POLICE CODE OF SILENCE by Michael W. Quinn, who for 23 years was a member of the Minneapolis Police Department and for a year and a half was part of the Police Corps Program. Quinn lays out the problems that good cops face in dealing with "The Code." I learned a lot from that book.

Answered by: Kait's mom

good evening

Question: ms. duncan,
just to let you know
your daughter has been in my thoughts
on this tradgic anniversary. i wish you well...

Asked on Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 06:58:50 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: Dearest Arquette Family, I went to our public library last night in hopes for a few good videos to watch while my teenage children were away. I don't know how but I was led astray and your book "Who Killed My Daughter" was the only item that left the library with me. I read your book in an 8 hour span. My heart goes out to you all. As soon as I finished reading I had to find your website to see if the murderers were ever caught. I cried to know there is still no closure. I believe in all the psychic resources you endured as well as all the experiences as a mother. Kaitlyn reminds me so much of my 17 1/2 yr old daughter. It's kind of scary. I will light a candle for Kaitlyn tonight and another for you, her family. You will be in my prayers. Don't ever give up.

Terri
Cincinnati

Asked on Friday, July 21, 2006 at 02:43:10 PM
Reply: We felt the power of the candles on that terrible night. Thanks to all of you who lit them.

Answered by: Kait's mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next