Displaying 5201 - 5220 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 261 of 306)

greetings and best wishes

Question: Hello Lois,

Perhaps you remember I contacted you a year or so ago with an offer to help (not related to finding info about Kait's murder, unfortunately, but for you & the family otherwise). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I still think of you, wish you all the best & hope for an ultimate resolution & justice. Still send you good energy, always hoping you're okay & praying the answers come to you all.

My best to you & your family,

Laurie from BC, Canada

Asked on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 04:35:29 AM
Reply: Thank you for all that good energy, Laurie.

So sorry for your loss

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette,
I just finished reading Kait's story. I am so sorry for what you and your
family are continuing to go through. I was outragred about the lack of police effort.They are supposed to serve and protect, so much for that.
I am a mother of 4 young children and I don't think I would have the strength and courage to go on without one of them.I commend you highly. May God bless you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers. I hope the case is solved soon, no mother should have to endure that.

Asked on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 02:29:23 AM
Reply: God bless you too, and may life be good to your children.

so sorry

Question: I am 12 years old and just finished reading this book at school I am so sorry about your loss
you are so courageous to write about it
you are my hero and you will always be in my prayers

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 04:44:38 PM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words. But I'm not a hero, I'm just an ordinary mother. There are many other parents of murdered children who are going through exactly same thing.

Sad story

Question: I can't believe that anyone would do that to such a sweet person. I am 12 and I wanted to cry so bad but I felt that would be letting down so many people that I had to stay strong for everyone involved. I am a big fan of all the books, espically this one. It's almost sad that such a great book had to be based of a tragic event that atually happened. I showed this book to a librarian and she began to get tear eyed... I just asked if she had read it before! Thanks again for making my life better with all your books! Your family is in my thoughts a lot... I sit there in class (espically english) thinking about you and the hard times you have had.
Love,
your biggest fan (or pretty close)!

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 02:13:38 PM
Reply: Thank you for this sweet message.

sad :(

Question: That is so sad!

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 02:06:54 PM
Reply: Yes, it is.

The sequel

Question: I was just wondering if you had yet secured a publishing deal for the sequel to "Who Killed My Daughter"? With the renewed interest in true crime cases, publishing the second book may help interest be renewed in the case. Also, have there ever been plans for a tv movie?? That might also help interest be renewed in the case. I was born just a few months before Kait died and after reading your book I was completely moved. What an awful and tragic story, I regret the pain and heartache you and your family must endure, no family should have to go through that. With todays technology there still may be hope and I commend you for keeping the memory of Kait alive for this long. I hope that the second book is published and that some new information may come from it.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 11:12:31 AM
Reply: Thank you.

I don't yet know what will happen with THE TALLY KEEPER. I've had offers from producers who want to option the film rights to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? but I haven't agreed to that. Once I sign away those rights, I'll lose all control of the story, and I don't want to risk having the facts changed and having a Hollywood ending tacked onto it.

best

Question: you are the best author i was so sad when i read the book nobody should have to go through that pain

Asked on Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 05:19:03 PM
Reply: We are far from unique. This kind of thing happens all the time. It's just that I was in a position to get a book published, and most other families of crime victims aren't that fortunate.

HG1

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
I am truly sorry about what happened to your daughter.I would like to help and if you will let me I will certainly try.I am taking this very seriously.I would like to ask you and your family some questions.Whoever did this should and will be punished to the full extent of the law.
HG1

Asked on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:46:54 AM
Reply: Feel free to ask questions. I'll respond to them if I can.

So sorry

Question: i am soo sorry about what happened to your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family. I feel so mad at how the police are using so little effort for this case. Have you tried going to a police from somewhere else who would help you in this better? No matter what, I hope the case is solved soon and your family become peaceful and less grieved. And may Kate's soul rest in peace.

Asked on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 07:59:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind thoughts. We don't have the option of taking Kait's case to a different law enforcement agency. APD has jurisdiction and OWNS Kait's case. The only way an outside agency can become involved is if APD invites them in.

Oprah Winfrey

Question: Have you ever been asked to be on the Oprah Winfrey show? I was cleaining off my bookshelves and came across your book, "Who Killed My Daughter?". I thought to myself, I wonder if this case was ever solved. I remember feeling so sad as a young child reading your story. I am now 28. I searched the internet to find you still have not given up. What a remarable woman you are! I also read your comment as to Kait's story being old media news. That is when I thought of Oprah. I am a huge Oprah fan, only do not tune in, as I am a working wife and mother of 2. If you are not already, you should definately be on her book list.

Asked on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 04:21:01 PM
Reply: I would like nothing better than to have Kait's story in Oprah's book club. However, I'm told her book club selections are always new books.

When/if THE TALLY KEEPER is published, I hope she will consider it.

Interpol

Question: Dear Mrs Arquette,

I did a quick search on Interpol on got their website for you.

www.interpol.int

There's a link to the contact page. Telephone numbers, faxes, the works.
I don't know if they'll be able to help, but you never know.

Best wishes

Geraldine

Asked on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 01:54:12 PM
Reply: Thank you. I'll follow up on that.

Tally Keeper

Question: Yes, I guess you're right. It just sounded so good at the time though. But you're also right about ending it with what you have gathered so far. In that case, the Tally Keeper might not be the last book. Whatever you decide to do with your information, I'm sure God has a plan for it.

Asked on Monday, May 14, 2007 at 06:27:33 PM
Reply: I believe that also. I think I am being guided. (But I also believe that about all of us. We just have to follow our instincts and be open to that guidance.)

Happy Mother's Day

Question: Lois,

Wishing you a happy and blessed Mother's Day.

Asked on Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 05:07:02 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Have you Considered these options?

Question: Hi Mrs Arquette,

I had a few thoughts and wondered if you and your family have tried exploring the following options in regards to Kait's case:

1) Interpol - You mentioned on this site that a girl who worked for the same company as your daughter did, stumbled across a package of drugs from the orient? Couldn't you give all the evidence you've gathered over the years to Interpol as surely doesn't this fall under their jurisdiction? You can do a search for them on the net. I checked a few months ago and though they say that they work with your country's authorities, it also says if you think you should you can contact them direct.

2) What happened with the FBI? How come they've never followed up the case?

3) Suing the APD. What about a civil suit? Like what happened to O.J. Simpson?

I'm not a lawyer or anything, actually I'm not even an American (I'm writing from Ghana), so I don't know much about your legal system and what your rights are. But a friend of mine recently had death threats via the net from a family friend of hers in Holland, and she took all the evidence she had on him to Interpol here in Ghana and they treated the case with all seriousness and contacted Holland.

I don't know, it might be worth checking.

Sincerely,

Geraldine

Asked on Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 10:53:25 AM
Reply: I'm not an Internet literate person, and I've never heard of Interpol. Thanks to you, I will look into that.

The FBI has told us that they can't investigate Kait's murder because murder is not a federal offense.

We can't sue APD for the cover-up. The late Steve Schiff, United States Congressman from New Mexico, wote a letter to Attorney General Janet Reno, requesting that the Justice Department look into a possible police cover-up. The assistant attorney general of the Civil Rights Division responded that the federal five-year statute of limitations prohibited their doing that.

The Talley Keeper

Question: I just thought of something today that might help you find out the answers sooner rather than later.

Perhaps you should write an ending to the Talley Keeper that is fictional...something made up. Maybe this would bring the person or persons out of the dark and into the light.... the ones who know that had her killed. If you make a bogus ending to this true story, it seems to me that the people would yearn to tell the way it really happened and the way it turned out according to reality. What do you think?

Asked on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 06:14:04 PM
Reply: What do I think?

I think that I wish I could adopt you. I love the way your mind works. But I also think you probably aren't versed in law and don't know that I could (and would) be sued if I did such a thing.

I can't write a bogus ending.

Rather than creating such an ending and pretending it's true, my preent plan is to present my own and our family's speculations and those of our private investigators. I'll then leave it open to others who have real knowledge. Hopefully they will expound on that ending and refute it or validate it.

howdy

Question: it is good to see that creep is no longer posting!! good luck with your case, may god bless you and Sweet dear Kait.

Asked on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 04:00:50 PM
Reply: He's no longer here because I delete him. If he posts again, don't respond. He aches for attention.

yeah i am doing it for school to

Question: I even had to make a picture book based on its plot i enjoyed it and it made me cry it is so good i couldnt put it down i am so sorry but it was a good book how unusaul too!

Asked on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 06:16:47 PM
Reply: The terrible thing is that Kait's story ISN'T unusual. It happens all the time. Please, visit our web site at realcrimes.com. You'll find the same situation over and over. And each story breaks my heart.

i am doing this for school

Question: your book is so sad and makes me wanna cry i couldnt stop reading and i am only 13 it is so unusasl but ture!

Asked on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 06:14:59 PM
Reply: thirteen-year-olds are allowed to cry, honey!

"old case"?

Question: This case will be revitalized with the publication of the sequel, THE TALLY KEEPER. The media will jump on that.

Asked on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 at 04:03:21 PM
Reply: I think you're right.

Both Books

Question: I am a 6th grade teacher and will be doing a duel book talk between Who Killed My Daughter and Don\'t Look Behind You. I have just stumbled onto this web site, and as I live in Florida, I am wondering if the case has come any closer to being solved---It used to be brought up on tv shows like Unsolved Mysteries, or brought back by news bites, but I have not heard anything the last couple of years. I have not done this book talk for a few years, but I have to tell you that my students are really touched. First, they can relate to it because you are one of their authors, and secondly because they somehow make a special connection when I show them that beautiful picture of Kaitlyn that you put in your book. I am really glad that you were brave enough to question the status quo, and that you will not give up. My prayers are with you for the answers you dearly need and for the peace that you deserve. JT

Asked on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 at 11:35:34 AM
Reply: Kait's case is "old" now. Of course, it will never be old to her family. To us that call from the hospital seems like yesterday. But it's old to the media and, therefore, no longer interesting to them.

Thank you for your prayers. We need them.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next