Displaying 5141 - 5160 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 258 of 283)

Question: I just finished reading your book today, and I immediately logged on to see what I could learn about the current status of the case. You mentioned in a previous post that you had learned the identity of Rod and that you have had the litters translated. Was Rod with Kait during those three hours? Was Rod able to give any helpful information and did the translated letters contain any information to help you in your search for the truth. [From Diana]

Asked on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 01:25:16 PM
Reply: No, Rod was not with Kait during her final hours. He was with her on Friday evening, (she was killed on Sunday). They went to an early movie, and she told him she couldn't go for coffee or anything because she had to "meet somebody." Rod doesn't know who that was.

We had the letters transcribed, and the the content discloses nothing relative to Kait, except that she was working overtime at Pier One to give Dung money to send to his impovished parents in Vietnam.

Police

Question: In an earlier comment you replied "former" detective Steve Gallegos and "former" police cheif Patrick Dunworth. How come they aren't with the APD anymore? Did they retire?
Kelsi

Asked on Saturday, October 07, 2006 at 10:17:49 AM
Reply: Detective Gallegos retired.

Captain Dunworth is no longer with APD, but I don't know the circumstances of his leave-taking.

Just wondering..

Question: Was any of the criminal activity that Dung was involved with at the time of his relationship with Kait involve illegal activity (in any way) "across state lines?"
SK

Asked on Saturday, October 07, 2006 at 06:40:20 AM
Reply: Yes, and we've informed the FBI, but they're not interested.

no title

Question: ms. duncan,
just writing hoping that your case is having another door open for you everyday. I hope that this person who says they know is being truthful. night.

Asked on Friday, October 06, 2006 at 11:37:54 PM
Reply: I'm afraid that person was a scammer, or he would have contacted us directly.

Timing

Question: This observation may be quite elementary for anyone being familiar with the thousands of documented cases across North America every year that involve possessive sociopaths who can't accept the notion of losing their girlfriends or wives in a separation, or their inability to cope with the fact that she may someday find a new partner. After devoting more than a few evenings into researching this sad and compelling story I can\'t help but feel consistantly pulled back to the time-line involving Kait\'s notification to Lois of her intent to break-up with Dung and then Kait being murdered shortly thereafter. ...Or maybe Dung just needed those tapes to remember the wonderful times they had together. And in conclusion Lois, key or no key, it\'s still \'break and enter\', \'theft\', and he would also be in \'possession of stolen property\'.
I hope you find the truth Lois, you certainly deserve it.
SK

Asked on Friday, October 06, 2006 at 09:56:48 PM
Reply: The motive you suggest is certainly the simplest and most straight-forward. However, it wouldn't explain the police cover-up at the scene. (Click on the link to "Crime Scene.")

I'm afraid we missed the boat in regard to the stolen videos, because we didn't report them missing. That's because we didn't KNOW they were missing. If you've read my book, you know that we left our home and moved into a rented apartment with a security system after receiving death threats to the rest of us. During that time period, our house was unoccupied, but our things were still in it. That's when the videos must have been stolen. Then we scooped all our possessions into boxes, put them in storage, and sold the house. When we dumped all the videos on the shelf into a box for storage, we didn't think about itemizing them -- we just assumed they were all there.

It wasn't until we relocated to another state and had our things taken out of storage and shipped to us that we discovered the videos with Kait on them were missing. Even then, we tried to tell ourselves they were lost during the move, (although that did seem sort of strange, considering the commercial videos weren't lost.)

Then we got an e-mail from a woman in Albuquerque who had been purchasing second-hand videos to tape over and recognized the people on one of them as our family. She mailed that tape to us. So we came to realize those videos were floating around Albuquerque. A couple of years later, Dung's new girlfriend told our PI she found Dung watching one of them. But we have no way to prove that. It's just hearsay.

Stolen Tapes

Question: Has it occurred to you that maybe your tapes of Kait were stolen because the killer may have been on the tape? or a clue suggesting whom it was? or of the other crimes committed? Were there any tapes of Kait with anyone other Dung that may have been involved? Were any of the tapes Kait's?

Asked on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 02:58:22 PM
Reply: We've considered all those possibilities but have no answers. Kait wasn't the camera person for any of the videos; I was. But Kait was in many of them.

Sorrow Strikes the Inocent

Question: [noclue1028@centurytel.net] I am very sorry about what happened to you daugther. I am suprised that we have people in the world that would keep such a thing secret. I hate that they dubed it as 'random' how can anyone be so ignorent. Wiht techonolgy today it shoud be a snap but, I guess it is not always that easy. Have you tried going back to the APD and see if they would investagate again with all the evidence and readings from Betty, and whatever else?

Asked on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 02:19:38 PM
Reply: Yes, we've gone back to APD, over and over again, as we accumulate new information on our own. They have no interest in anything that points to something other than a "random driveby shooting."

New Discovery Channel show -- could it help Kait?

Question: The Discovery Channel has just introduced a show called "Sensing Murder," which is devoted to solving unsolved murders -- its email address is sensingmurder@granadausa.com. They are using reputable investigators/psychics, including Laurie Campbell and Pam Coronado, and are currently seeking new cases. Perhaps this could be a vehicle in helping to solve Kait's murder? Unlike many of the other crime-related reality shows (such as Forensic Files, etc.) they are focusing on cases (often cold cases) which haven't been solved.

Whatever the vehicle, I continue to hope and pray that Kait's killers will be caught.

Asked on Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 12:39:42 PM
Reply: Thank you for this good information.

It would be helpful if those of you who have an interest in this case would contact that e-mail address and suggest that they visit Kait's web site. They are sure to react more positively to the suggestion if they think there is public interest in the case.

Iam so sorry

Question: I have just finished reading your book in class and iam so sorry what uve went through iam sorry for everything u have went through during all of this il lpray for u to find out about kait well u have firneds in kansas!!!

Asked on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 12:05:10 PM
Reply: Our thanks to you and your classmates in Kansas.

Kait

Question: If this isn't too personel, I was wondering what kinds of things kaitlyn has said to you after her death?

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 05:55:47 PM
Reply: It's not "too personal," but it would take up too much space to try to answer this in a message board format. I'll include that information in the sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? (if and when it's published).

paperback copies

Question: Have you ever thought of distributing copies of the paperback edition
of your book about Kate to the south east section of Albuquerque? Little Vietnam. There are community centers, libraries, and lots of Vietnamese owned shops. You never know.

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 04:35:04 PM
Reply: We've done that.

Rude

Question: I am so sorry for all the rude comments people have posted on your site. They truly aren't considerate of you and your fellings Miss Duncan. I hope that you and your husband can have some closure some day and know who killed your daughter.
God Bless
Kelsi

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 03:47:01 PM
Reply: Thank you, Kelsi.

Sorry

Question: I am so sorry that you must endure some of the comments that you do. You show composure that I admire by simply ignoring obviously idiotic comments. Unfortunately, some people don't have basic human compassion that prevents them from being so mean-spirited in light of your tragedy. My apologies, since those posting the comments lack the obvious maturity to apologize themselves.

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 01:25:43 PM
Reply: We've gotten used to such comments. Some of them come from members of the Albuquerque Police Department who are not happy that we are continuing to pursue this.

how rude

Question: Ok just for however is making all of the little smartelic remarks. this is a serious matter and i am sure Mrs. Duncan does not appreciate the immaturity. So please just stop, you do not understand what this woman has been through. So please leave her message board for the fans that care about her and her family and this story. Maybe if you would have read the book more thouroughly you would understand, there is no connection like that of a Mother and Daughter.

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 01:14:18 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting this.

Tired

Question: Do you ever get tired of writing responses to people who post comments?

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 12:10:24 PM
Reply: No. I am grateful for their interest and concern.

taylor teeters

Question: i posted all of these messages

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 12:07:51 PM

you

Question: Your book was great. I personally think that you killed her. To get a good idea for the book. That is why you are blowing this up and making a website. You can trick other people but you cannot trick me.

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 11:55:25 AM

Hope

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette

In the past few months I have read almost all of your books, when on the public libaries site I found the book , Who Killed My Daughter. Interested in the title I got on the books web page and read a summary of the book. Unbelieving of the summary I quickly checked out the book. It took me about one day to finish it and I must say that it must be horrible to go through everyday without knowing who killed your daughter. I hope that you will find out who killed your daughter and will write a sequeal to Who Killed My Daughter. I hope all of the pransters will stop leaving messages on this site. If somebody does have any information on your daughters death they should contact the APD immediately. If these people did know something I don't think that they would be posting it on the internet for everybody to see. Sorry for the time of yours I took up but those were some topics I had to confront. Always remember to have hope.

God Bless

Kelsi

Asked on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 11:25:07 AM
Reply: People with information should send it, not only to APD, but also to US at the e-mail address on this web site. If they just give it to the police, it will become buried. If they give it to us, our private investigator will follow up on it.

A Friend in Texas

Question: Hi Miss Lois and Family.

I have been coming to this site for years to check for updates. I am exhausted for you all so I cannot imagine how you must feel. I have noticed the tone of your answers on the message board has changed. It seems you are weary and tired. You just don't seem yourself. I so wish I could do something to ease your pain and help you find peace. I know the only thing I and others can do is keep sharing the information found here and on the real crimes site, and I intend to do that. I pray for peace in your family.

A Texas Friend

Asked on Monday, October 02, 2006 at 08:46:46 PM
Reply: Yes, I am "weary and tired." But this web site is keeping Kait's case alive. If somebody with information runs her name through a search engine, they land on this page and have a way to contact us. So it's well worth it.

no title

Question: i read these postings weekly and also have read the book.
i want to say to everyone out there that writes and says they have info are know who killed kati.. if this is not true then please dont write it
just think how you would feel if this was someone who you loved.
i trueley belive that there is someone out there who does know the truth and pray that this person will come forward and help this family.
to kati's mom you are a wonderful person and i know you loved her so much i feel what you are doing is great i know you will never give up on finding the ones who done this. i keep your family in my thoughts alot.
i wish you all the best.

Asked on Sunday, October 01, 2006 at 01:33:52 PM
Reply: You're right, there are a number of people who are sitting on information that could help us solve this. Among those are:

Dung Nguyen and his associates

Sharon Smith

APD Officer Mary Ann Wallace, the first officer dispatched to the scene.

Former APD Detective, Steve Gallegos, (the case detective).

Former APD Captain Patrick Dunworth, who was in charge of the case.

APD Detective Damon Fay, who has told his friends that a bullet found during a "second day work-up" (which is not on record) proved this was NOT a "random drive-by shooting."

And many others.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next