Displaying 4941 - 4960 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 248 of 306)

Your biggest fan

Question: I read Gift of Magic for the first time when I was 10 (20 years ago). After that, I read every book of yours I could find. When I came across "Who Killed My Daughter?" I had already graduated college. I have now read it 3 times and have tried to keep updated on your daughter's murder online. I just wanted you to know how much you influenced my childhood and teenage interests. I have a great interest in the paranormal even today, but much like yourself, I am a skeptic. I wish only the best for you and your family. I can't wait to read your latest book.

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 06:46:06 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind wishes. It's amazing to me that books that I wrote so long ago -- like A GIFT OF MAGIC -- are still in print and as popular today as they ever were. I never would have expected that.

info behind

Question: i got so many questions and theories but i feel like I am taking up your time i want to send my condolences to you i have only recently read your book and i was crying the whole time because it's really sad that she got killed when she had her whole life ahead of her i wonder maybe as you say if she was going to come out with whatever was going on and that's why she got killed and you said she's really smart, than maybe she did leave some info behind where only you can find it if you think! may she rest in peace and have you gone those another psychic if not i think you should. by the way was there ever any fingerprints or anything found because with all the evidence you had about Merriman, Wallace i really think they were a big part of it and they were cleaning up evidence. did you ever get to see your daughters cell phone records of the day she died if not how come? she is family shouldn't you have a right to them and all the evidence.

p.s. since the case is old and unsolved you can't put it on and certain show how about going on a talk show like oprah, Tyra, Martha, or montel.

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 05:41:05 PM
Reply: According to police reports, there were no fingerprints in the car. None at all. Even Kait's. And the car was disposed of long before we suspected a cover-up, so we didn't have it examined by an outside expert. Now, of course, we with we had.

Kait didn't have a cell phone. Nobody did in 1989.

I'm afraid that people can't simply "go on" a nationalal talk show. They have to be invited. I was on a number of talk shows when my book came out, but Kait's case is now "old news".

Your Book Who Killed My Daughter

Question: Well I definitely do thinks there is a lot of covering up here. i read the possible intimidated witnesses and I find it quite odd that Sharon will not sign a permit to allow the release of the emergency room report, that\'s weird because if she truly had nothing to hide she wouldn't care if you saw it. I think she knows more than she's telling you. It's also weird that the evening of Kaitís funeral Dung Nguyen was stabbed in the abdomen in the room of one of the men who were his alibis for the night of the shooting. maybe he was going to \"snitch\" and that roommate cut him and or maybe they where covering up for each other. even weirder that Ray Padilla one of Dungís close friend (drug supplier) had his wrist slashed. By who? Elena Chavez and Kathy Sanchez, who were with him when his wrist was slashed had their own arms and wrists slashed. i believe somebody slashed for them and to hush them up or maybe to hush ray up and then his friends were there so he or she had to hush them up to.
also Robert Garcia, I think he was drugged and the person that drugged him is the one that dragged him into the ally by the way if he was in prison at the time of shooting who said that he was a witness to the shooting?

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 05:39:30 PM
Reply: I also find it odd that two of the possibly intimidated witnesses, who allegedly attempted suicide, were stabbed (Dung) and shot (Miguel Garcia) in the abdomin.

That's not a normal way to commit suicide. People who intend to kill themselves with a knife slit their wrists. People who intend to kill themselves with a gun, shoot themselves in the head or, possibly, the heart.

hi

Question: I read your book "who killed my daughter" and it was very moving..i'm only 15 but i really feel for you..i hope you guys can get to the bottom of it.

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 01:42:54 PM
Reply: Thank you.

my opinion

Question: I think that Dung might have been in the car and tried to stop the shooter from shooting and that is why there is one missed shot in the side of her car. Then someone else in the car stopped him while the shooter shot the other two shots. That is why he did not want to say who did it because he was afraid for his life. And maybe hte VW made her crash and then someone shot her. Please give me your opinion because I might be able to come up with what really happened. I cant promise

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 01:41:17 PM
Reply: That's a legitimate speculation.

TIP of the day 2007 Dec. 2 Sunday.

Question:

____________________________________________________
With Google, you can use " " around
whatever terms you feel works. with the search engine.
with me it's always,
dirty cop terrorists
with "police powers"
or some combination thereof.
___________________________________________--
after you "google" a term,
you can adjust the number of questions displayed,
for example, 20, 50, 100, all.......
_____________________________________________-
then your posting on www.realcrimes.com/kait/
should be pretty easy to spot.
___________________________________________
as for the blog "eye on Albuquerque" anonymous
cops not being fearful of fellow snitching cops
betraying their IDs or tactics, I say to

those cops: you should be afraid, because
a time is coming where cops will be RFID\'d
a la ONSTAR-like technology because it is quite
plain, that a cop's word, a cop report is worth
very, very little. In this day and age.
________________________________________________--
I read in a newspaper, that Arkansas is one of 50 states,
that AUTOMATICALLy autopsies people who die in
nursing homes. Along this line of thought,
cops need to be video'd 100%. cops deal with
life and death. one cop might die in a year,
whereas in L.A. County, unarmed private, citizens
die at the hands of cops, maybe on the low side
TWO a month. ENOUGH said.
_______________________________________________--
fight back------that is life.
__________________________________ Sunday. Dec. 2, 2007

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 01:15:15 PM

timeline?

Question: is there a place where i can find a timeline on what went on during and after she was killed, i need if for a project. thanks

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM
Reply: We've tried to construct a timeline, but it's impossible, because people give different accounts of when things happened. The only thing we know for sure is that Kait left our home at approximately 6:15 p.m., (we were watching the first segment of "Sixty Minutes"), telling us that she was going to Sharon's house for 6:30 dinner. What happened after that, we have no way of knowing.

Despite the fact that we gave the police that information, Det. Gallegos's report says that Kait ate dinner at our house and then went to Sharon's.

Sharon first told police that Kait arrived at her house at 9:30 p.m. and they "sat around talking for a while." Then, after my book came out and I quoted that information, she phoned me to insist that Kait got to her house at 7 p.m., coming there straight from a 5 p.m. movie.

We know that's impossible, since Kait was at our house until 6:15 p.m.

Sharon told police that Kait spent most of the day studying at the library. She told other people that she and Kait spent the afternoon shopping together at Pier One Imports.

She told police that Kait left her home at 10:45 p.m. There's no way to verify that that's true.

The police report says Det. Merriman found Kait shot in her car at 11:00 p.m. Then Officer Mary Ann Wallace was dispatched to the scene and arrived at 11:02 p.m. To arrive within two minutes would seem to indicate that she was already there.

Police reports state that the Albuquerque Fire Dept. Rescue unit arrived at the scene at 11:06 p.m. and transported Kait to the hospital. But according to hospital records, it was the Albuquerque Ambulance Service, not the Fire Department, that transported Kait to the hospital. That means the Ambulance Service must have gotten to the scene between 11:02 (when Wallace got there) and 11:06 (when the Fire Dept. got there). And the medics with the Ambulance Service say that, when they got to the scene, there were no cops there. Where did Merriman and Wallace go? Does the fact that Merriman was not at the scene when the Ambulance Service came account for the fact that he identified a different ER team as the people who transported Kait?

How can anyone create a legitimate timeline when all of the statements conflict?

Answered by: Kait' Mom

school project

Question: What was Kait usually wearing, I read the message about what she was wearing the night she was killed, but what does she usually liked to wear? Is there a place i can look to find a timeline of all the things that happened? Thank you MAM

Asked on Saturday, December 01, 2007 at 12:57:40 PM
Reply: Kait dressed like a normal teenager. Shorts and T-shirts in the summer: jeans and sweat shirts in the winter. That's why, in retrospect, it's interesting to me that she got so dressed up on the night of her murder, when (supposedly) all she was doing was going over to a girlfriend's house.

The book

Question: Mrs. Arquette
Im doing a project over your book right now and I was wondering if theres any imformation that you would like me to add to it. Im talking about the shooting and how the police wont investigate but how you will never give up. ITs inspiring and I thought I would ask if you wanted me to add anything before i finished it and if you have any black and white pictues of her. They've been hard to find. THank you for everything and for your time. and i appreciate you not giving up on her. EVeryone is here to support you and i know you will find out who did this terrible thing.

Asked on Saturday, December 01, 2007 at 10:48:42 AM
Reply: No, there's nothing to add. I don't have any black and white photos of Kait that I can send as attachments. However, I imagine you can print the on-line color pictures as black and whites.

Thank you for caring about us and about Kait and for the kindness in your post.

sam elliott selfdefense more like it!

Question: comment: On your reference to sam eliott on the 3/1/87 APD Officer Matt Griffin entry, Bobby Dytzel was an informnant for the DEA, whom turned corrupted and Sam Elliott , whom was my husband at the time killed Dytzel in self-defense but because of the corruption in the DEA, they called it a drug deal gone bad ,and that Sam was a cold blooded killer. Theres a wholl conspiriacy behind Bobby Dytzel, swept under the rug!,
Sincerely yours Cheryl elliott
E-Mail rlambke@socal.rr.com

Asked on Saturday, December 01, 2007 at 06:12:10 AM
Reply: Thank you for this information, Cheryl. I have no problem in believing that most law enforcement agencies, not just local one, protect their own at the expense of anyone else.

If you want to pursue this and clear your husband's name, visit our other site at realcrimes.com and see if you think Sam's case would be appropriate for posting there.

Castle

Question: Have you identified the castle house yet? Has anyone considered Kimball's Cherokee Ranch in Sedalia Colorado? I know it's a good drive away but it is a castle house and is rumored to be visited by criminal elements.

Asked on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 08:24:00 PM
Reply: There are so many luxurious "mansions" in the Albuquerque area, (most hidden from view), that -- we have been told -- are owned by people involved in organized crime, that we have no idea which, if any, was "The Desert Castle."

However, I don't think we'd be looking at a place in Colorado, no matter how notorious.

Tragic

Question: Mrs. Duncan, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always been a fan, but for some reason was clueless until tonight that you had suffered such a terrible tragedy. Previously, I have read true crime stories and just assumed that the family was imagining corruption and mistaking coincidences for coverup due to a natural desire for closure. However, since I have visited this website, I could never feel that way about your daughter's case, and I can't imagine how awful that must be for you to live with. I just wanted to say, that I sincerely hope someone is able to come forward and help solve the case, and to make sure that every person responsible for impeding that process is punished severely. I think it's wonderful that you and your family have not given up, or slowed down in your efforts. I also think you are a fantastic author, and I will definitely be picking up a copy of Who Killed My Daughter in the near future.

Asked on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 08:16:42 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Like you, I used to have those identical feelings about families of victims who would not accept the findings of law enforcement. No longer.

Are you continuing to write books?

Question: hi! My name is sam. You are my favorite author! i am soooo sorry for your loss. My first book that i read from you was i know what you did last summer and i have absolutely LOVED you ever since! The other day i was in my school library and was looking for one of your books and i came upon "Who Killed My Daughter?" It has been my favorite book of yours. But what my father and I wanted to know was Did you write any more books after Who Killed My Daughter? we were just VERY curious. I have been thinking about Who Killed My Daughter? since i finished. I am trying to help in any way i can but i can't think of any ways... are you guys still trying to find Kait's murderer? Has anything new happened with the case? Well thanks for you time.

Asked on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 05:50:36 PM
Reply: Yes, we're still trying to find the answer to who killed Kait and why.

After Kait's murder, I stopped writing teenage suspense novels, (except for GALLOWS HILL, which I already had contracted to write and forced myself to complete). I could not invest myself in writing about teenage girls in life-threatening situations while our own girl was dead and her real case remained unsolved.

My most recent book is SEASONS OF THE HEART, which is autobiographical, can be ordered from on-line bookstores like Amazon.com.

Hi

Question: We are doing nonfiction reports at my school, and I'm doing one on your daughter.
I just want to say I hope you find her killer.
Umm...here's my question:
Can you give me Kait's physical appearance?
Like:
Hair color
Eye color
What she was wearing when she disappeared
Things like that

I would really appreciate it and again I hope you find Kait's killer!!!!

Asked on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 11:35:12 AM
Reply: One of your classmates asked the same thing, and it's described in a response to one of the posts below this one.

photos?

Question: hello this is my second message and i was reviewing some of the photos of the crime scene and im wondering in the photot car on sidewalk i think is that a puddle of blood to the right and if it is how did it get their, the window is shot out on the driver side of the car, i was just wondering that

A fellow wonderer

Asked on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 06:01:23 AM
Reply: That blood spill occurred when the medics removed Kait from the car. They removed her from the passenger's side.

ur book

Question: Mrs.Duncan i loved ur book ransom and who killed ur dauther
im only 13 so i dont know how it was when kait you know...
but im very sorry for your loss

i was wondering if you could come to my school as a guest athour

Asked on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 07:01:19 PM
Reply: Thank you for wanting me, but I'm afraid I've reached a point in life where I no longer have either the time or energy for school visits. I hope you understand.

(I've deleted your name, address and phone number from your message for your own protection, as suggested by a person who posted below.)

HOW CAN I HELP LOIS

Question: HI AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOST BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY I CAN I JUST READ YOUR BOOK AND IS THE HARDES BOOK I READ, IF You NEED ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME NOW I THINK THAT WE SHOULD STAR OVER ALL THE INVETIGATION TO FIND THE SON OF A BITCH AM SORRY TO TALK LIKE THIS BUT THATS HOW I FEEL. let me now if you need me .

Asked on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 11:50:16 AM
Reply: That's how I feel too. But I'm just as interested in knowing who was behind the police cover-up and why.

I appreciate your wanting to help, but our only hope now is that someone with solid information will contact us.

names.

Question: hello i am sorry that i cannot post my name, well i can but id rather not, and im just posting to say in a way or ask is more like it do you think it wise for people to put down theri name and city and state ive seen this here and if it were just another forum webdite or something like that i wouldent be concerend but if someone posts a message that has actual sugnifigance(sorry thats probly spelled wrong) has anyone ever thought that the people who commited this crime may be watching this website, if i were (and im not) a crime boss figure and had a nationwide case that might lead to me id deffinantly be watching it and if anyone who said anything that might lead to me left thier name and area i would deffinantly have them silenced.

So i was just handing out this thought as a precausion. sorry if ive just wasted post space.

A fellow wonderer

Asked on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 06:24:08 AM
Reply: Don't apologize for "wasting space." That's an important message.

I don't think ANYONE, even if they have no information at all and are just expressing sympathy, should post their full name and location.

People with sensitive information can send it to us by private e-mail at loisduncan123@arquettes.com or by using the "Contact Us" button on Kait's home page.

project2

Question: hey sorry but i forgot one thing. Is there anything you want me to add to my project that people who have not read the book should know some thin you want to add? If so please tell me I will gladly put in in there.
Thanks again,
Malgal

Asked on Monday, November 26, 2007 at 05:04:54 PM
Reply: You might suggest that they visit this Web site for information that we learned after the book was published.

project

Question: First of all I am very sorry about your daughter. I don\'t know you made it through everyday. I have to do a project on a nonfiction book, not knowing any nonficton book could be interesting, I started reading \"WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER\". I was soon very interested in it. My teacher told me that this story would not really fit what she was having us do.But could not take nofor and answer, I had to let the class know about your horrific story. Even my teacher was surprised when I told her what is was about she had no idea. I fianally got her to let nme do it. Part of the project is that we have to dress like the person, so what did Kait usually dress like? Thanks for your time and I hope I will be able to look deeper in the subject and try to get some clues to help you and your family out.

Asked on Monday, November 26, 2007 at 04:58:59 PM
Reply: Thank you for choosing Kait's story for your report. On the night of the shooting, Kait was wearing a short black skirt, a black and white blouse, black shoes (flats), a narrow chain around her neck with a tiny gold cross on it, and gold earrings.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next