Displaying 4941 - 4960 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 248 of 283)

Please

Question: Have you ever thought coming to sun valley idaho? you could do book talks and relaxe. email me at BackFlipRidin17@aim.com

Asked on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 06:24:04 PM
Reply: Thank you for that nice invitation. It doesn't fit into my agenda right now, but it makes me feel good to be wanted.

Sad Sorrow And guilt

Question: dear lois,

do you feel responsible for What happened? You shouldnt i keep feeling that kait still loves you.

PS: Yur my favorite author

JENNEFER

Asked on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 06:14:53 PM
Reply: Realistically, I know that I could not have prevented Kait's murder. If she'd been open with us about what was going on in her life, we could have put her on a plane and sent her to live with friends out of state, (sort of like putting her into witness protection). But Kait was keeping secrets. We couldn't protect her from dangers we didn't know existed.

However, it's instinctive for parents to feel responsible for the safety and well-being of their children. That feeling is so ingrained that it doesn't automatically stop when those children are self-supporting and living on their own.

Thoughts From Arizona

Question: I am an avid book reader and whenever I am in a book store I go directly to the true crime section. I was skimming through the books when I came across your book; I read the back, looked at Kait's face and felt a deep sadness. Of course I bought the book and in a few days I finished it feeling just as sad as I did when I picked it up. There is nothing I can say to express my sorrow for your loss. I know what it is like to have unanswered questions about a death of a loved one. Please know that you and Kait's life have touched me and that I will be checking in frequently to see if any new evidence or leads arise. Don't give up, I feel that soon you will get all the answers. Thank you again for having the courage to write about Kait and what happened. Crystal from Arizona

Asked on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 05:31:22 PM
Reply: Thank you for your caring message.

prayer

Question: Dear Lois,

I remember reading your books as a child,19 years later i stumbled on your website,and was very saddened at what you and your family has been through
May God bring you and your family justice,Good luck in your search and God bless

Love IK
Birmingam,United Kingdom

Asked on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 05:21:10 AM
Reply: Thank you.

It's astonishing to me how Kait's story has spread throughout the world. As far as I know, it wasn't even published in the UK!

Dung

Question: Is your family still close to dung?

PS: I cried for hours when i read your book.

From:Trevor Age12

Asked on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 05:46:55 PM
Reply: Trevor, thank you for caring enough to cry for Kait. I have a strong feeling that the collected tears of so many people are what is providing the energy to keep us going.

No, we're not close to Dung. He broke off contact with us after Kait's funeral. Our son ran into Dung at Sears a few months later. Dung was there in the company of a woman with two small children. One of the children was riding on Dung's shoulders. Dung pretended he didn't know Kait's brother.

When WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, Dung left New Mexico for a couple of years. He went to the Pacific Northwest. When the dust died down, he returned to Albuquerque with a new lady friend named Lisa Prulhiere. We've never met her, but people have told us she looks much like Kait.

FROM KAIT'S MOM

Question: ABOUT OUR NEW SUBMISSION CODE:

We've been so overwhelmed with spam that deleting it from this board has become a fulltime job. Our clever web master has now come up with a code bar on the posting site to prevent automatic-spam-machines from being able to get on here.

Forcing people to register also would have prevented spam, but we didn't want to do that, because we want tipsters to feel free to post here anonymously. So, when you post, just type in the code before you press "submit." It's one extra small step you'll have to take, but it will be worth it not to have to read all those advertisements.

Asked on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 07:26:14 AM

Kait Arquette Murder Case

Question: Dear Lois,

I found this site quite a few months ago and recently checked in to see how everything was going, I was saddened to find that the people responsible for your daughter's death have not been brought to justice (yet.) It may seem like a silly idea but do you think some sort of petition to people connected with law or justice would do anything at all to help?
I hope that you can one day learn the truth about Kait's murder,

(From: Emily)

Asked on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 08:28:04 AM
Reply: It's not a silly idea at all, but it's already been done. Several years ago a wonderful young woman named Holly (whom we'd never even met) organized a petition. She collected over 10,000 names, but nobody wanted to look at it.

Pier 1

Question: When you say central office do you mean another in ABQ or do you mean corporate in Ft.Worth?

Asked on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 06:54:25 AM
Reply: My understanding is that he was sent from Ft. Worth.

Answered by: Kati's Mom

dung

Question: was dung connection to the auto shop?

Asked on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 08:01:42 PM
Reply: We have no evidence that Dung, personally was connected to the body shop.

However, a private investigator who had that shop under surveillance for weeks for an unrelated reason has told us that Vietnamese in expensive cars were always coming and going. And Kait told a girlfriend that Dung's Vietnamese group was stealing cars and changing the engine numbers, which would have been a good reason for frequenting a crooked body shop.

But Kait did not state that Dung, himself, was doing that.

the beach

Question: its a water park that is now gone from albuquerque.

Asked on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 05:04:35 PM
Reply: Thank you for the clarification. Do you know who the owners were?

heroin

Question: Interesting discussion about heroin:

"Dr. Alfred W. McCoy has claimed that the C.I.A. secretly collaborated with Asian drug syndicates and was complicit in the expansion of the global heroin trade from 1970 to 1973 in order to prosecute the Cold War.
...
McCoy asserts that the conspiracy arose from an alliance between the Corsican Mafia, who had an historical presence in South Vietnam dating back to the French occupation, and leading members of the American and Sicilian Mafia, under the leadership of infamous Italian-American mob boss Lucky Luciano."

Asked on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 08:21:39 PM
Reply: Interesting info.

dock

Question: who would have had freeest access to the incoming boxes prior to Ray Bowes time there? there was probably a box unloader or two before him? it seems that person(s) might be a good place to look for info. also the person that hired sharon and ray?

Asked on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 07:56:30 PM
Reply: The person who told us about finding the heroin said it was a very small package and she suspected it might be a sample to show the quality. If so, that suggests that this operation was just getting started. She said all the employees had access to the dock and the store room.

The manager who hired Sharon and Ray was Doyle Cawthon. He was a new manager sent from the central office to replace the former manager,Renae Bunn, who was fired between the time Kait's coworker found the heroin and turned it in to the FBI and the time Kait was killed. All that happened in a matter of weeks.

convenient

Question: That location is only a couple of blocks off central avenue, where heroin was probably sold routinely. what other stores were there back then? where else did sharon put her cart?

Asked on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 07:46:46 PM
Reply: She told one investigator that she had a cart at a place called "The Beach." I know nothing about that location. Was it a theme park?

Pier I

Question: I was just wondering why you didn't answer my earlier question about the Pier I stores. I guess it's a question that cannot be answered simply because you don't know.

Asked on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 01:09:52 PM
Reply: I'm sorry. I didn't deliberately ignore your post. Sometimes I'm moving through the message board too fast and inadvertently miss a question. I'll go back down the line right now and respond to it.

Bottom line, of course, is that we don't KNOW the answer, we can only speculate, until we're contacted by Kait's other co-workers at Pier One who have further knowledge to share with us.

snow cones

Question: Just read the latest messages and went back to look at the "possible motives," in particular, the drug-smuggling. What would be easier than to sell drugs from a snow cone stand? It's right there on the street, in front of a supposed "legitmate" business. The snow cone stand owner could easily get a street sales permit. And if the cops were paid off, there would be almost no risk. Only those who know about the drugs could buy them there.

Much less risky than selling on the street in a bad neighborhood.

Asked on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 08:43:57 PM
Reply: According to people who worked in the retail shops in that strip mall, there were a lot of visitors to that snow cone cart. And those visitors were not customers at any of the shops.

Mary Ann Wallace

Question: Funny that this name keeps coming up.

I have follwed this case from the get go and I am not at all convinced this

was a "drive by". I have already posted my opinion that I think she was
chased twice that eve. I think she was rammed from behind and lost control and attempted to get out. This is where Wallace may have came in. It was said that KAit "trusted all the wron people" and typically women are more trusting. I appalled at how sloppy scene was. Also, I think I recall reading that Kait was discovered in here car "moaning and crying" Correct me if Iam wrong, but id she sustained the brain damage that they say she did, how would that be? I dont think it would be possible. The whole thing stinks...

Asked on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 04:10:18 PM
Reply: It was only Officer Wallace who said Kait was "moaning and crying." The medics who removed her from the car and transported her to the hospital said she was unconscious. From the time we first saw her, around midnight, until the following night when she was taken off life support, she was in a coma.

Pier I

Question: If it was known that heroin was being smuggled in through Pier I. Why do the stores still exist? The Pier I that Kait worked at on Lomas and San Pedro, no longer exists. But I think there are 3 other stores in ABQ. I'm wondering if the police knew about that?......

Asked on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 02:46:30 PM
Reply: Kait's co-worker at Pier One, who contacted us with information about the heroin smuggling, did not implicate that store or the Pier One chain.

She speculated that individuals in Albuquerque who were NOT connected to the store, but who did have connections in the Orient, were having drugs shipped to the store by UPS, so those shipments could be intercepted on the loading dock by someone who worked at the store, (without the knowledge of management). If the person they wanted to use in this role was Kait -- and Kait refused to become involved -- that would be a valid reason to get rid of her.

We have no reason to believe that Pier One itself was involved in this.

We do find it interesting that, within days of Kait's death, Sharon Smith's boyfriend, Ray Bowes, got a job working on that Pier One loading dock.

Heroin

Question: How certain are you that the heroin came from Asia and not Central/South America? When did Kait meet Dung and Sharon relative to when she started at Pier 1? What circles did Ray Bowes run in?

Asked on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 07:40:23 PM
Reply: We feel certain the heroin came from the Orient because of the other contents of the box it arrived in. Kait met Dung in early 1988. She met Sharon in spring of 1989, at just about the same time she was promoted to manager of imported clothing.

We don't know much about Ray Bowes other than that he has a prison record.

Pier 1

Question: Is there any connection between people that worked at Pier 1 and the body shop? Did any of them attend the parties? Have you spoken with the manager that got fired? They must hold some useful information about the situation.

Asked on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 07:19:43 PM
Reply: Our private investigators are looking into this.

new info

Question: is there any new information about the case?????????

Asked on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 02:59:55 PM
Reply: The heroin smuggling through the import store where Kait worked is new information to US.

If anyone else has information about that situation, please, contact us by private e-mail.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next