Displaying 4921 - 4940 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 247 of 306)

Kaitlyn Arquette Case

Question: I dont really have a question, only just to comment on how your book just opened up a whole new light for me. Let me first start by telling you Thank You! My daughter was not very good at reading and in fact hated it until she picked up one of your books. Since that time she had read all of your books except for Who Killed My Daughter. For Christmas this year, we ordered it. Since I had never read any of your books, when we went to pick it up, I asked my daughter to read me a bit from the jacket of the book. My interest was peaked when I heard New Mexico, I lived there for 7 yrs. When she gave the date of the murder & your daughters age & the fact that she had just graduated high school at the time, I just about ripped the book from her hands to read it. Not only did I live in NM for 7 yrs, but I was the same age as Kait and graduated from Del Norte there in Albuq in 1989. Needless to say I borrowed the book & just gave it back tonight. There were so many things you mentioned in the book that I was not aware of, but for some reason do not surprise me one bit. I have faith and confidence that Kaits killer(s) will be found and brought to justice. I plan to keep a watch on your site for any new info. I only wish there were things I could remember from that time period that could somehow be helpful to you. I know that is not possible, but oh how I wish I could help! Keep up the wonderful crusade for Kait!

Asked on Monday, January 07, 2008 at 07:41:56 PM
Reply: Thank you. Kait's older sisters, Robin and Kerry, graduated from Del Norte, and I used that school as a setting for my novel, KILLING MR. GRIFFIN. So I'm very aware of that high school, although Kait attended Highland.

hi

Question: Are you going to be releasing any new information reguarding your daughters case or are you going to wait until your new book is released to catch everyone up on what has happend since the last book? im sure everyone is anxious to hear what new events or information has taken place since then.

Asked on Monday, January 07, 2008 at 06:04:11 PM
Reply: Most of the information on this Web site is new information we've acquired since the last book.

private email

Question: Can I talk to Lois Duncan through private email? She was in the Kaitlin case. Do not print or publish my email address

Asked on Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 06:35:47 PM
Reply: I am Lois Duncan (Arquette). You can send me a personal e-mail at loisduncan123@arquettes.com. I will be the only person who will read it, and it will not be posted on this message board.

gOOD LUCK

Question: Have you still been going to the psychics for help such as Betty?

Asked on Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 04:17:58 PM
Reply: No. We got all that we could from psychics during the first few years of our family's personal investigation. We now are concentrating on obtaining information from other sources.

only the bad guys could have prevented it

Question:
Last week, I was in the library doing some research for a book. I found newspaper clippings from a 1979 murder in my city. A lovely, 24-year old woman was reported missing. She was a college athlete, strong and brave and disciplined, who had been out for a run with a friend and then decided to stop at the grocery store before going home. Several days later, they found her body in the park and her groceries a few doors down from her apartment. She was grocery shopping, and nearly home. Somehow she crossed the path of a serial killer and he saw an opportunity and took her life. If she hadn\'t been in my city, or a runner, or brave enough to walk home alone in the dark in a \"safe\" neighborhood, or too awake and alive from her evening run to just go inside and watch tv, she might be alive today.
The fact is that neither this young woman nor Kait did anything wrong. Once we see a bad event, we always imagine that it is a consequence of some single decision. Kait crossed the path of a group of psychopathic criminals, almost certainly highly organized, motivated by greed and pathological enjoyment of power over others. There are many of these people. If you are reading this you might have had lunch with one today and never suspected. He may be the mayor or the school principal or the priest. Or the police officer. In Kait's case, these evil people decided to take her life. My guess is that she was neither the first nor the last person they killed.

Asked on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 10:35:36 PM
Reply: We, too, believe that others have been killed by this same group of people and for the same reason -- they had learned too much about VIPs involved in the New Mexico drug scene.

Visit the Real Crimes Web site at realcrimes.com and read about the shootings of Peter Klunck and Stephen Haar.

GOOD LUCK

Question: Did the FBI ever return your personal possesions and did anybody ever translate the vietnamese letters?
By the way I very much admire your courage! I really do not like the way the FBI was treating you and your family! Good Luck

Asked on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 09:06:11 PM
Reply: It wasn't the FBI who was withholding the things from Kait's desk -- correspondence, family snapshots, birth certificate, address book, etc. -- it was the Albuquerque Police Department.

The current district attorney, Kari Brandenberg, finally forced them to return some of those items to us in 2005. after holding them for 16 years as "evidence of a random drive-by shooting."

The Vietnamese letters were not returned to us. As far as I know, APD never had them translated.

Response to Kait's Excerpts

Question: It breaks my heart to read these excerpts. She was a daredevil at a very young age, but she also was someone who enjoyed life and adventure. It seems she took advantage of her short time by living life to the fullest, even as a very young child. My heart aches for you and your entire family for all that could have been. Thank you for sharing those. I know in your book you wrote about what you wish you had done that night – tied her down and not let her leave the house. Not that it would have realistic to do, but I know that feeling mothers get when something doesn’t seem right. I’ve always had the ability to know when something isn’t quite right, even if it doesn’t make sense logically. And when I don’t listen to it, things go wrong. I have learned over the years to listen to it more often then not, and it’s served me well. I just wish we didn’t have go through so much heartache before we start listening to it regularly. So many people have tried to teach me in my life to look at facts and make logical decisions that way, but that inner voice is what has always protected me. I hope more girls can learn that sooner as result of your book. Best to you and your family in the New Year.
Teresa

Asked on Monday, December 31, 2007 at 12:08:14 PM
Reply: Yes -- may 2008 be good to us all.

Advice for other mothers?

Question: Dear Kait’s Mom:
I am so impressed with all you have done and all of your strength. I read so many of your fiction books when I was a girl. My 12-year-old came home the other day and plopped “Who Killed My Daughter?” on my bed and said she had to read it for a school project. I had actually never seen the book but recognized your name immediately with fond memories. I could not believe it was nonfiction. Where had I been during the year you published this book? I had just started college, so I guess I was oblivious. I asked to read the book with my daughter, but after the first chapter, she said it scared her. She asked that I not read it with her anymore because it was “too real” for her to deal with. I continued to read on my own and finished the book in less than two days. I will read this book again with my daughter when she is ready, because it is such a great lesson to teach our daughters not to trust too many people too much. How sad is this world when you must teach them about the “wolves” when all we want as mothers is for our daughters to never know such evilness exists? I am so sorry Kait suffered this. What, if you could with 20/20 hindsight, would you have done differently or taught Kait in her short time with you? What advice can you give mothers? You and Kait seemed so close, and yet, there were so many things going on her life that you didn’t know about at the time. That is what scares me most – how much I kept from my mother and what my daughter will keep from me. Thank you for being a mother who stands up for her children – a mother who does not accept what she’s told when things don’t add up. You are the true heroine of this story.
Teresa

Asked on Sunday, December 30, 2007 at 09:02:47 PM
Reply: Your question is one I have tortured myself with for years. Was there anything we could have done to have prevented this? Possibly so, but I don't know what it would have been We had no reason to suspect that Kait was in danger. She was an honor student. She didn't use drugs. She had never been in trouble with the law. She held down a responsible job after school and on weekends, and her boyfriend -- although he wouldn't have been our choice for her -- seemed totally harmless. And even if that hadn't been the case, it's almost impossible to control what a teenager does when he/she is out of your sight, especially once she graduates and moves into her own apartment.

We have a family tradition of giving each other homemade Christmas gifts. When Kait was twelve, she gave me a book called “My Book About Me.” It was her autobiography. When I read it now, I can see that her dare-devil personality -- self-assured and stubbornly independent -- and her inability to recognize danger, was part of her from birth. It peaked in her adolescence, and I don’t think there’s anything we could have done that would have changed that.

Here are some excerpts from her book:

It all started when I was one year old and my mother took me to the doctor and said, “I’m really worried. My baby is losing weight very rapidly, throwing up and having diarrhea too. What’s wrong?”
“It’s probably just a stage. Bring her in again later if it doesn’t improve.”
“Oh, thank you! Bye!” said my mother.
It didn’t get better; it got worse. By two years old I got so skinny that my mother woke up every hour all night and fed me a bite. Then she would sit by my bed and wait to see if I would keep it in or throw it up. Then, if I didn’t throw it up, I would be praised, and my mother would go back to bed. Then she’d get up again an hour later and feed me another bite.
When I was almost two, a specialist came into town and ran tests on me. He found out I had celiac disease. My mother asked if it was fatal, and he said no. Celiac is a disease where you can’t eat any food containing gluten such as flour, wheat and oats. It makes holes in my intestines. I stayed in the hospital all the time they were doing the tests. One day when I was running around the hospital ward, a little boy locked me in the food room, and I started munching out on everything in sight. A large group formed outside the door and listened to me opening jars and saying, “Yum, yum, yum.” However, nobody had the key except for one janitor who was out of town. I stayed in there for hours, but that was all right. When they finally got me out I was happily asleep on the floor.
.......................................

In second grade, I wasn’t supposed to ride my bike in the street. But I did it anyway and was hit by a car. I was flung onto the sidewalk. I had been with my brother at the time and he ran into the house yelling,”Kate’s been run over!” My mother came running down the stairs so fast you could barely see her and started running down the street. My father started the car, picked my mother up, and drove to the scene of the crime. All I had was a huge cut on my arm, but my bike was dented.
..........................................

In third grade I was over at a friend’s house playing on a swing when I jumped out. I landed on my arm. I went three days in great pain, but I didn’t tell my mother because I wanted her to let me go swimming. On the third day we had a nurse friend over for dinner. She looked at my arm and said it was broken. I was taken to the hospital and it turned out to be broken in three places. I had to wear a cast for the rest of the summer and couldn’t do anything fun.
..........................................

The next summer we went to Mexico and my mother and I went swimming. We were holding hands, jumping waves, when suddenly we were caught in the undertow. My mother told me to swim hard and started shoving me ahead of her toward shore. I did what she said, but we just kept going out farther. Then she started screaming, “Help! Help!” My brother Donnie came out to save us, and my mother screamed, “No, go back!” Some Mexicans brought us in. It was very exciting.
.........................................

My mother is an author and a photographer. My father is an engineer at Sandia Labs. My grownup brothers and sisters are Robin, 28; Kerry, 26; Brett, 22; and Donnie, 15. Robin is a singer and Kerry is an actress. Brett is an engineer and Donnie is a magician and an artist. My relationship with all of them including parents is very good. We are a close family and all love each other very much.
I love my mother because every time I want to go to the flea market she won’t let me go because she thinks there’s creeps there that will hurt me. She loves me a lot!
I love my father because he cares about me. He jokes around a lot. (Sometimes he’s even funny.)
When I grow up I want to be a veterinarian. I love animals and I want to help them get better when they’re hurt or sick. I want to be a vet for exotic animals such as lions, tigers and bears. I want to live in Florida, Michigan and Africa. I look forward to then.

Book on your daughters untimely and unjust death.

Question: I am sorry for your loss and the constant reminder of it due to lack of closure. I hope you and your family will be at peace with this. I am an avid reader of mysteries and have been since a young girl. Occasionally a story won't stop replaying in my head either while awake or asleep. Your story is one, for weeks since finishing the book a question keeps nagging at me. Kaitlyn seemed to have allot on her plate at the time of her demise. A shaky relationship with Dung, his car wreck schemes, and his odd friends hanging out at her apartment, a new relationship with someone connected to the 'Desert Castle', hiding the relationship from Dung and family. Sorry if I am rambling...but that is allot to make time for a casual aquaintenance. I am referring to ‘Susan’.
The question that keeps coming to me is about Susan. Why would she arrange time to be with her (someone you didn't know. Kaitlyn obviously didn't want Dung to know about Susan; maybe Susan is connected to the person who she was newly romantic with, maybe the one who left the flowers?
I think anyone she came in contact with on the night of her death is someone of much interest.
If ever you need help in the Central Florida area please feel free look me up. My father was killed in a foreign country 30 years ago. I am aware of how frustrating it can be to have important questions not only go unanswered but also ignored for lack of importance to the people who are supposed to be finding out answers.
Again, I am sorry for your loss. May God Bless your family this New Year with the gift of peace.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Kerry Hanson
St. Cloud, Florida
407-892-5285

Asked on Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 12:41:42 PM
Reply: Like you, we now feel that Sharon ("Susan") played a far more important part in this scenario than we originally thought.

She, herself, told a private investigator that the police questioned her extensively at the police station the day after Kait's murder, smuggling her in through "an underground tunnel" (which is what they use when they question snitches). There's no report of that second day interview in Kait's case file.

Just as there's no report of APD's second day work up on Kait's car and the photographs taken during that work-up.

What is so incriminating in those particular reports and photographs that someone decided it was necessary to remove them from the case file?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Question: Christmas Blessings to your family. May this coming year bring more information and possibly a solution.

Asked on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 at 06:55:20 AM
Reply: Thank you. We pray for the same.

Hello

Question: I am very sorry for your loss. I love reading your suspensful novels. I am almost finished with reading \"Who Killed My Daughter?\".I hope you find your daughters killer. God Bless You

Caitlin

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 10:24:28 AM
Reply: Thank you, Caitlin. (I wonder why I like your name so much?)

The Desert Castle

Question: Is there any relationship between Castle Huning, S. Fourteenth St. and W. Central Ave., and the 'desert castle' to which you refer? I found an historic photo (c.1910) and wondered if the 'castle' still existed in '89. Thank you.

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:09:21 AM
Reply: There is a place called "Castle Huning" on 16th St. SW. However, it doesn't match the psychics' description. Noreen Renier indicated that it was in the northeast, ("if you drew a clock around where Kait was killed, it would be at about 2 o'clock." I figure that would put it in the foothills of the Sandias. Maybe Sandia Heights or some comparable area.

Christmas Blessings to Lois Duncan and Family

Question: I pray that you have answers, and soon! I send many blessings to you and your family and hope the new year brings peaceful and just resolve. God Bless.

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 12:52:43 AM
Reply: Thank you.

Kait's Case

Question: Hello, I am writing to you because I have a letter that I have written to but I don't have an address to send it to. There is an address that is in your book "Who killed My Daughter"... is it still okay to send it to them? This letter contains some of my personal information that I don't wish to have posted on the internet.

I hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas. I know these times are especially difficult and I pray that you and your family find some sense of pease this holiday season.

From:
Mandy Selz, Bristol, Va

Asked on Sunday, December 23, 2007 at 09:30:56 AM
Reply: If you want to contact us by U.S. mail, you can mail your letter c/o our private investigator and it will be forwarded to us:

The Arquette Family
c/o NIA/NM
PO Box 27187
Albuquerque, NM 87125

To Kait's Family

Question: May God Bless you all! I hope Santa brings you answers to your daughter's case! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, and a very Merry Christmas! You all are in my prayers.

Asked on Friday, December 14, 2007 at 04:10:06 PM
Reply: Thank you. I wish the same to you and to all the others who care about us and about Kait.

Coincidence?

Question: You ask: Can all this really be coincidence?

Of course not. But she had to know something big, and just seeing the wrong people at the wrong place doesn't seem serious enough to risk killing a white middle-class teenager in a supposed "drive-by". What Kait could reveal must have been very serious because if she were to just tell you or others I wonder if there was someone at her job who could be linked by following drugs and drug money to someone with a great deal to lose. Or did she see a murder or other violent act? What is it that she wouldn't be silenced about? and were these other people aware of the same thing?

Asked on Friday, December 14, 2007 at 01:24:02 PM
Reply: You are doing an excellent job of putting things into perspective. Thank you.

As you ask: "What could she have known?" That's the bottom line.

Personally, I can't believe that she witnessed a murder. Kait hated violence and had never been exposed to it. I believe that seeing something that inconceivably horrifying to her would have caused her to immediately reveal it to SOMEBODY. She was not alone in the world. If she didn't trust APD, she would have taken that information to her parents or to a trusted friend or sibling for advice about what to do. She never would have sat on something that terrible.

The consensus from our family, (parents and siblings) is, of course, pure speculation. But, individually, we've decided that the most probable cause for her murder is her discovery of heroin from the Orient being imported by UPS via Pier Imports, (where Kait worked). Please, all of you who are reading this -- click on enough links involving "Motives" to get you to that information.

If, as seems possible, members of Dung Nguyen's criminal group were intercepting heroin on the loading dock, WHAT WERE THEY DOING WITH IT?

We have no information to indicate that they were selling it on street corners. Apparently, the people who received it were middlemen, passing it on to the big time dealers and distributors.

In 1989, who, in Albuquerque, was involved in dealing heroin? And was that person/organization/gang linked in any way to a political VIP who was in a position to be in control of such an operation?

Somebody out there -- who is innocent in all ways and totally uninvolved in Kait's case, but knows things we don't know -- may be able to supply answers. I'm reaching out to that person -- Please contact us. Either on this message board or by personal e-mail. We promise to protect your identity.

Just wanted to say

Question: WOW this book hit the heart to say the least. im so sorry for your loss, and through your book she has become my loss. she seemed a very kind, beautiful young lady. i simply cannot imagine what you most have gone through, and still are going through. what came as the biggest shock to me was the police involvment, thats just crazy! has FBI gotten in touch with you ever sense the book was let out. Also, what about kaits "secret" lover, the one with the bracelet. has he been of any influnece in the case? good for you for writing this book. good for you to keep on going when all hope seemed lost. good for you for standing strong! you are truley a role model!

- a young reader

Asked on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 12:23:10 PM
Reply: The FBI want nothing to do with this case.

Yes, Kait's secret second boyfriend -- the one with the bracelet -- did get in touch with us. He was not the person who took her to "The Desert Castle." However, he did have some meaningful information to share with us.

By the way..

Question: Kait was a beautiful young lady!!

Dana

Asked on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 05:49:09 AM
Reply: We thought so.

why on earth ..

Question: do the police want to cover up the information you have uncovered? I am only half way through your book and I can see the cover-up. It angers me to read how the investigators treated you. Very unsympathetic. Good for you for writing your book, these investigators need to be exposed equally as much as the killers.

Reading your book has given me strength for dealing with traumatic emotional events. I have not experienced the loss of a child but I have (like everyone) experienced deep emotional pain.

You are a role model for many people.

Sincerely,

Dana

Asked on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 05:38:30 AM
Reply: Thank you for your encouragement.

Like anything else

Question: It's so silly to say, "I'm sorry" to you. You've had that thrown at you for years. Your daughter stands for every other girl who's been murdered, and her case unsolved. Do you still think about her a lot? Can you honestly live, and be over it? Everyone says you can, but is it the truth?

One day you'll figure it out- what happened I mean. I have faith in that if anything else. I'm just wish for you and every other hurting person, that it would be sooner than later. You guys deserve to know what happened to her. It's not fair, it just isn't, but I'm sure that phrase has become a mantra in your head as with many. But in sincereness, I hope you find out soon.

Asked on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 12:11:15 AM
Reply: Yes, I do still think about her everyday. (When new acquaintances ask me how manya children I have, I automatically say, "five," for Kait is still as much my child today as she was before she was shot.)

But, along with Kait, I am also obsessed with the other homicide victims whose cases have been, for one reason or another, covered up by the authorities. You can read about some of those on our Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.arquettes.com.

A number of those Albuquerque victims -- including Peter Klunck, Steve Haar, and Ramona Duran -- appear to have been killed for the same reason Kait was. They knew too much about illegal activities in Albuquerque that were being protected by certain members of Law Enforcement.

Peter Klunck, who was shot to death by APD Officer Matt Griffin, (the "Ninja Bandit")six months before Kait was killed, did off the books work at that auto body shop on Arno where the VW bug fled after leaving the scene of Kait's murder. Steve Haar was a friend of Peter's, and shortly before his own murder, attempted to phone our private investigator but could not reach her. Steve was living at the same address as Adrian Apodaca, Kait and Dung's next door neighbor, who told police he saw Kait followed that night by a VW bug.

Can all this really be coincidence?

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next