Displaying 4901 - 4920 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 246 of 306)

LOIS DUNCAN

Question: Mrs. Lois,

you are and inspiaration to all. are you sure that that murderer was not found? he/she needs to come out soon b/c it is makingg me madd hhehe. Anywayss, my librarianss said they met you this year! they said you were very kind and wise woman. i want to be as great as you when i get older. ohh and are you gonna be writing anymore novels?

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 08:34:20 PM
Reply: "Thank you" to you and your librarian. I recently was a speaker at a librarians' convention in Reno, so that's probably the one at which she met me.

At the moment I have no plans to write anymore novels, but who knows? I may change my mind.

i LOVE YOU!

Question: Lois Duncan,
I just started reading who killed my daughter and definatly feel compassion towards you. you are such a strong woman who was the power to achieve anything. your a beyond amazing writer and i am your biggest fan!

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 08:19:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words.

Lois Duncan

Question: I am a middle school teacher and found your book while browsing the shelves of our school library. It was riveting and I read it straight through (thank goodness for a holiday weekend and a snow day!) I finished it this morning. I wish I had answers to your questions, but I don't. I do, however, feel a connection to you. We are both members of the same horrible club - mother's who have lost children. My son, Jamie, was not murdered. Rather he died in car accident in 2001. Like Kait, he was 18. Tomorrow he would have been 25. It's strange that I found your book at this time. During the week of his birthday, I always seem to go about in a trance-like state, feeling very disconnected. Your references to dreaming about Kait were very comforting and enlightening to me. I didn't dream about Jamie for almost a year after his death. I would kick and scream and beg God to let me see him, even in my dreams. I longed to hold him, smell him, hear his laugh. I needed to know that he was ok. I suppose it was those very emotions that blocked that information. When I finally did dream about him, he always made some comment that I now realize was to comfort me. I know they were direct messages from him. He is ok. I guess I will be, too, someday, and so will you. God bless you, my sister. You and your family will always be in my prayers. I hope you find the answers you so desperately need, and with them comes the comfort that justice has been
done.
Vicki

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 03:03:11 PM
Reply: My dear Vicki, my heart breaks for you for the loss of your boy. As you know from my book, experiences I had following Kait's death opened my mind to beliefs that were formerly foreign to me. I've had very realistic dreams in which Kait provided new and important information that we'd never known anything about. When I related those messages to our private investigators, they would reluctantly follow up on them and discover to their amazement that the information was accurate.

I think you're right on target in your suspicion that your overwhelming grief and desperate desire for contact with Jamie initially "blocked it." It's as if so much emotional energy is charging out of you that it repells the energy that is trying to come through to you. I've talked to many other mothers of deceased children who have described the same pheonomena. It was only after the intensity of their initial agony lessened slightly that they started experiencing "visitations." Those usually occurred when they were relaxing into a dream state, on the edge of sleep, but not quite there yet.

Lois Duncan

Question: I love your books. When are you going to publish The Tally Keeper? I can't wait to read it. It must be so hard to write about it. I'm glad you had the strength to tell everyone else about it and keep the investigation alive. You are quite an inspiration to me and everyone else who reads your books. Thanks

Asked on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 01:33:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for liking my books. I don't know when The Tally Keeper will be published. I continue to add new material.

To Lois Duncan

Question: Was it hard for you to write this book about your own family and what has happened in the pass? How did you feel about writing your book?

Asked on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 08:36:51 AM
Reply: Strangely enough, I hardly remember writing WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. Right from the first, I'd been keeping a daily journal, to make sure that my grief and numbness would not distort my memories, so I had a factual record of everything that was done or said during that time span. Then, when I realized the police had stopped working on the case and the only way to keep it alive was to write about it, I sat down at my computer and the story fell out of my fingers as if I were taking dictation from some Higher Power. Over the course of my lifetime, I've written 50 books, and this was the only one where the editor never asked me to change a single word.

Question: well my mom had put a thing on here a few days ago and herd about so i had to cheak it out and i had to say thank you your books have mad a difference in my life it has opend a nother side of life to me my faverate book of yours is dont look behind you, that was the first time iv ever put my self in other persons shews when i read its like nothing matters anymore which i know of corse that it all matters but we have so much to live foe but so little time and im sorry about your daughter i hope thay find who did this by the way my mom is the one who went to Del Norti

with love stephanie

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 07:48:53 PM
Reply: Thank you for writing, Stephanie. It's good to know that my young adult novels helped to introduce you to the joy of reading. That makes me feel that my life and career have been worthwhile.

Childhood friend [from: val nye]

Question: Lois,
Finding your website has been comforting. I am one of Kait's friends from Mark Twain and Sandia Prep. We carpooled to Sandia Prep for a while. Until very recently I hadn't realized how much Kait's murder has impacted my life. To have someone my age killed - and the murder left unresolved until this day - it has had ripples in my life. Fear of violence and distrust of others are two things I have identified. Finding your website has reopened this part of my life, and is letting me come to terms with what happened to my life when Kait was killed. So I am selfishly grateful for all of this. I really admire your honesty and your ability to deal with all of these questions from people who have read your book. Your spirit is so generous.

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 11:42:18 AM
Reply: Hello, Val! Thank you for posting. It makes me feel good to hear from Kait's childhood friends. I remember well those car pools, with four little girls giggling and chattering and pestering handsome David Zenner, the only boy in the group.

I'm glad if this Web site has been helpful to you. Kait's murder caused far-reaching emotional damage to a great many people who were suddenly shaken into realizing how fragile life is.

Kait Arquette

Question: I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Kait,it is so tragic! I was just wondering what ever happened to the bastard scumbags who are in question(suspects?) I read about the crimes of the NM police and OMG how the hell did all that go on with so many police,etc? wow! May Kait rest in peace.

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 09:44:31 AM
Reply: I don't know what's happened to the various suspects. I believe the Hispanic suspects, including Paul Apodaca, who is now out of prison, are still in Albuquerque. The Vietnamese suspects could be anywhere. They tend to be nomads.

As for the police -- the good cops protect the dirty cops. They're all part of the Blue Brotherhood.

me again

Question: hello again. I am another Kaitlin, who has wrote you before. I just want to tell you that although I was extremely sorry before about Kait, I now know what you are going through, because my 18 year old cousin has just died. I never knew what this felt like and I am so sorry you had to go through this.

All my love,
kaitlin

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 09:24:50 AM
Reply: I'm so sorry, Kaitlin. My prayers are with you and your cousin's family.

i am soory

Question: i just read your book "Who Killed My Daughter" i cannot believe someone will do that.

Asked on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 06:22:34 PM
Reply: The average person does experience that reaction. It's not until violence touches our own lives that we realize that "the wolves" are all around us.

some question

Question: hi Ms. Duncan,
i am sorry for your loss. i am doing a project on true crimes for my law class. i would like to know some answers. what were the laws that were broken? what was the community reaction. and was there any trial.

thanks
Dil

Asked on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 05:20:44 PM
Reply: You'll find the answers to the first two questions by reading the information on this Web site. As far as community reaction -- it was initially very strong. Then, as time passed, it dwindled away, because murders in Albuquerque are so common.

Kait's sister Robin

Question: The post by Kait's brother Donnie, which also broke my heart, brought to mind Kait's other brother and sisters who suffered as much as the parents from this tragic loss of the baby in the family that they all had adored.

I want to ask about Robin, the oldest sister. Your book said she and Kait were exceptionally close. You said Robin was a professional musician and song writer and that a tape of her original lullabies that Kait had always loved was played at Kait's funeral. Is there any way I can purchase that tape?

Asked on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 02:35:47 PM
Reply: You can visit Robin's Web site at www.lullabysongs.net to hear excerpts from "Songs from Dreamland" (the recording you're referring to) and others of Robin's recordings of songs for young children. Those are now produced as CDs.

I wrote the lyrics and narrated; Robin composed the music and performed the vocals and instrumentals. It was a mother-daughter project. Kait's job was to stand at the door and block her friends from coming over while we did the recording in our living room.

You don't have to feel a need to buy one. Just go there and listen to the excerpts, because they meant so much to Kait. The songs we chose to have played at Kait's funeral were "Ship in the Night" and "Wish on a Star." "Wish on a Star" is the one I no longer can listen to. The final verse, which may not be on the excerpt, says,

"Mommy and Daddy once wished on a star,
Wished on that magical light from afar,
Wished for a baby exactly like you,
And finally our wish has come true."

It did come true. But we couldn't keep her.

Answered by: Kait and Robin's Mom

Your son Donnie's post

Question: Your son Donnie's post, three below this one, touched me deeply.

In your book you describe how he phoned you shortly after the murder, saying, "I just saw Kait! I was just waking up, and I had this thing like a dream, but it wasn't a dream! She was real! I could even SMELL her!"

When I read that, I, too, believed it wasn't a dream. I believe Kait visited her beloved brother to comfort him.

Asked on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 01:09:22 PM
Reply: I believe that too. During the year that followed Kait's death, each member of the family experienced some form of what they believe were "visitations." But Donnie's was the first one and the most vivid.

Answered by: Mother of Five Arquette Children

Possible VIP?

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I read your book when I was 15 (I am now 27) and I must say it has always left an impression on me. The police follies you have had to endure which ultimately ended in the loss of your darling daughter is something no person should have to ever go through. My condolences to you and your family, but my kudos as well towards your courage to battle endlessly for answers.

As far as some possible information I have come across regarding Milton Dwight Seals, he had claimed bankruptcy at one point and was represented by William F Davis. In reading his bio, before law school he was in the air force and worked out of the US as well as Southeast Asia. Also, he spent two terms as Senator in New Mexico; one term which began in 1989. Perhaps based upon the psychic reading of Kait recognizing a VIP, could she possibly have seen pictures of him, perhaps from his campaign for senate? Here is a website with some background information.

Hope that this may help in some way. May God bless you and yours.

Asked on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 12:33:25 PM
Reply: Thank you for that information. There's never been anything to suggest that attorney William Davis was in any way involved in the illegal activities that were linked to Kait's death. However, we have been informed of a link between "Gold Seal Auto," Seals' car dealership, and the auto body shop where the VW bug fled after leaving the scene of Kait's shooting.

I'm surprised to hear that Milton Seals ever declared bankruptcy.

personal information

Question: i would liketo know some personal information about Kait. Like what schools she went to, her religion, profession and age.

Asked on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 07:21:15 AM
Reply: Kait was 18 at the time of her death. She recently had graduated with honors from Highland High School in Albuquerque and had gotten her own apartment. She worked as manager of imported clothing for Pier One Imports. She was taking two summer school classes at the University of New Mexico and planned to become a fulltime student in the fall. She wanted to become a doctor.

Kait loved children and was everybody's favorite babysitter. A number of the children she used to babysit for have posted on this message board as adults, recalling the games she had played with them and how much they had loved her. She adored animals. At the time of her death she owned three cats, a cage of teddy bear hamsters, and an aquarium of fish which we'd given her that past Christmas. She was gifted in art and enjoyed all kinds of crafts. She liked to ski and was an excellent horseback rider; on weekends she and I used to rent horses and ride together in Tijaris Canyon.

Reference

Question: Lois,your mom was once refered to as "the strongest woman in the world". She was holding an elephant in a basket! Well I know this photo was staged by your father! But there must be something real about it , and it was past down to you, because "YOU" are "the strongst woman in the world"! your strength has held our family together, after all these years!
Kaits murder has been so hard for all off us and I think I can speak for all of us kids, your an amazing person and we would be lost with out you! Your efforts have not only helped us get threw this , but you have helped bring some hope and ease to other familys that are dealing with APD and the discusting display of coruption they have shown! I Love you ! I really dont think I could have made it this far without you and Daddys suport and strength! Thanks for teaching me what Love and family is all about ! I Love you both!
Your Son, Donnie W Arquette Jr.

Asked on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 06:07:25 AM
Reply: Thank you, honey. That wonderful message from you is the best Christmas present I could ever receive.

All my love,
Mother

Answered by: The Mighty Mother

Very Strange

Question: I think the police were very rude. I would not like to here them say that if my child was just shot. People should have tried to help not cover it up. I hope everythings going ok. bye

sincerely
very sorry

Asked on Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 08:57:06 AM
Reply: A few police officers were "rude," but others were not. The main case detective, Steve Gallegos, never was rude to us.

Unknown

Question: I wanted to let you know that I am very sorry. I feel really bad and am a really big fan of yours. You were absolutly right to investegate furthur. The crime was most likely done on purpose. I don't have any questions but I still think it is very suspicious. I'm very sorry. bye!!!

Sincerely

Very Sorry

Asked on Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 08:51:24 AM
Reply: Yes, it is "very suspicious." I cannot imagine the family of any homicide victim not questioning an investigation with so many holes in it and investigators whose statements all contradicted each other.

Who Killed My Daughter?

Question: Hello, Ms. Duncan .. I just finished reading your book, and am amazed. If it were me, I probably would have just killed myself. How awful. I was wondering if your daughter\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s friend (with the bracelet) ever showed up? And have there been any new developments? I did read about the drugs / police / in Alburq. and I can only imagine your frustration.
Please accept my (belated) condolences and God bless you and your family.
Linda Osmialowski
psmgx9 t9wgsv 85wsn9 vx23rc

Asked on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 at 05:14:25 AM
Reply: Yes, the friend with the bracelet did contact us. As the psychics told us, he was Kait's new romantic interest. Kait told him she would be breaking up with Dung that coming weekend and then they could start dating openly.

Kait Arquette murder

Question: i am so sorry for what your going through... i read the book and it was amazing. i think that if the police did somehting then they would have caught the person that did this. [from small town hippi:)]

Asked on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 at 01:23:52 PM
Reply: I, too, believe that if APD Detective Steve Gallegos had not been roadblocked by his own department, he would have solved this case. What we want to know is which of his superiors was responsible for preventing Gallegos from doing his job.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next