Displaying 4861 - 4880 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 244 of 306)

Lynn's book club

Question: Lynn - I took care of that link issue for you. There is now a link to this site.

A fan of Lois' books

Asked on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 08:20:59 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting that link.

hello

Question: Do you have any new information that you would feel comfortable posting on here? in reguards to your daughters case?

Asked on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 03:06:48 PM
Reply: Scroll down this message board and you'll find a lot of new information. I try to respond to all direct questions, but they need to be specific.

Poor Police Work

Question: I just recently read your book, "Who Killed My Daughter?" I was shocked at the horrible police work done by investigators and also by their "cover-ups". I am studying law enforcement myself and I particularly want to concern myself with the homicide unit. I am always reading up on true crimes and things of that nature. When I read your story I was just astounded at the lack of their ability and the blantant disregard of evidence for whatever reason. I read an update regarding the corruption with the judges and lawyers and to be honest that doesn't surprise me that they were involved in drugs themselves. I truly am sorry for the lack of respect and concern the local department showed to your daughter and to your family. This is the kind of department I really hope I will never work for. I really wish I would have been an investigator and assigned to your case because I would have loved to put those guys away. I really hope you find the answers that will give your family closure and put Kaitlin to rest in peace.
I will try to continue to follow up on your story as well for updates and I can't wait until your next book comes out.
My thoughts are with your family.
Holly

Asked on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 05:52:27 PM
Reply: I, too, wish that somebody with your ethics had been in charge of the investigation of Kait's case.

Dear Lois Duncan,

Question: Dear Lois,
I was looking through your website and discovered that your daughter was murdered. It really shocked me, and I admire that you were able to continue living life and writing wonderful books (which I adore by the way, you\'re such an inspiration- I\'ve always wanted to be a writer!). You see, a friend of mine last year had her mother pass away and it was like a cloud of sadness washeed over all the grade 7 and 8\'s. I don\'t know if I could ever cope with my mother leaving me at such a young age and for you- a daughter- it must have been just as hard. I really want to read your book- Who Killed My Daughter- for I have no doubt it will be an amzing book and probably will bring me to tears. I also admire how you actually reply to each post on here. I really do hope it\'s you- whenever i become a writer, I will be sure to come into contact with fans as much as possible!
I\'m sorry for taking up your time, you probably have better things to do than listen to me rant! haha. Well, best of luck in the future and even though your daughters death was so long ago, you have my condolences.

Asked on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 04:25:57 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet note. And, yes, it's really Kait's mother responding to the comments on this message board. I would never consider allowing anyone else to do that for me.

Bob Schwartz

Question: He has just been appointed as the newest District Court Judge in Bernalillo County.

Asked on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 01:25:24 PM
Reply: That's interesting news. Thank you for sharing it.

your book...

Question: I read "Who Killed My Daughter" shortly after it was published & have always wondered what the final ending would be...I am saddened that this crime has still not been solved. You remain in my prayers. Nora

Asked on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 08:35:03 PM
Reply: Thank you, Nora.

Lynn

Question: Lois, Please take a look at this website,"Dukecityfix.com". I joined a book club here, and I asked everyone to please read "Who Killed My Daughter". If you could post a little something there, as well as the link to this website, that would be great. I am basically computer illiterate, and I don't know how to add the link on my own. I know. Very pathetic.

Asked on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 07:22:37 PM
Reply: Not pathetic at all. I am far worse. But SOMEBODY there seems to know what they're doing, because they've posted a link to Amazon.com, where people can order WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

If that same person -- or somebody else who is computer literate -- would visit that book club and post a link to this Web site, that would be great. Also, please, correct the initial information that the book was written by "Lois Arquette." Although that's my married name, I write under "Lois Duncan."

murder

Question: does this kind of incident occur in any of Lois Duncans books?

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 07:24:08 PM
Reply: This incident, as it occurred, with the Vietnamese connection, etc. did not occur in any of my books.

However, DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU, which was published just prior to Kait's murder, contained an assortment of details that were reflected in Kait's true story, including a teenage girl chased by a hitman in a Camero. In DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU that hitman's name was "Mike Vamp." In real life, the man arrested for Kait's murder (but later released for lack of evidence) was named Miguel ("Mike") Garcia, and his nickname was "Vamp."

IM WONDERING

Question: HEY MY NAME IS ANA AND I NEED TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO FINISH YOUR BOOK WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER. IM WONDERING IF YOU CAN TAKE THE YOUR CASE TO A DIFFERENT STATE WITH A ONE OF THE LOCAL POLICE STATIONS. CAN YOU DO THAT? IF YOU CAN AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO I THINK YOU SHOULD.
LOTS OF óż TO YOUR FAMILY,
ANA

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 06:28:28 PM
Reply: No outside agency has the right to investigate Kait's case unless the Albuquerque Police Department invites them to do so. APD "owns" Kait's case.

HEY WUZ UP!!??

Question: WHEN IS THE SEQUAL OF WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER COMING OUT??? WELL GOT 2 GO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! HUGS AND KISSES !!!!

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 06:16:43 PM
Reply: All I can say is, THE TALLY KEEPER will be published when the time is right.

Any Cameras Along Kait's Route?

Question: Hello, Lois. I first happened upon this website a couple of years ago, and I check back about 3 to 4 times per year for updates.

Now, I know nothing about Albuquerque or its layout, and I know nothing about the particular neighborhood in question. But did you ever check in with convenience stores, post offices, retailers, banks, etc. along the routes Kait took the night she was killed? Perhaps a surveillance camera or two caught some vital information, such as Kait's car, the VW, maybe even a portion of the chase, the police arrivals, etc. I don't suppose in 1989 traffic light cameras were so ubiquitous as they are now, and cell phones certainly weren't, but some stores have had these cameras for decades. Did you try to get a tape from any of them, along the routes Kait took (either to or from Sharon's house)?

--Fellow Writer

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 11:15:12 AM
Reply: At the time that never occurred to us. The police assured us they were following up on every possible lead, and we believed them. Later, our private investigator questioned owners of businesses in the area, with negative results.

The owner of a video store did contact us, however. He said Kait returned a rented video at 5:45 on the night of her death. That was interesting to us, because Kait's next door neighbor, Adrian Apodaca (no relation to Paul Apodaca, who was at the scene) told police he saw Kait followed from her apartment at about 5:30 p.m. She arrived at our home at 6 p.m. and, since her apartment was not far from us, we wondered why it took her half an hour to cover that distance. The stop at the video store fills in that time gap and supports Adrian's story.

investigations today

Question:
Are the police still trying to fid Kait's murderers, or are they letting the case go as "random" ?

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 05:59:06 PM

Your private investigation

Question: You said in another answer of a question, you THINK, you know some of the people involved in Kait's murder. Who were they? And did Dung really try to commit suicide, or did someone just want to scare him into not telling?
If you feel uncomfrtable with sharing, I understand.

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 05:51:40 PM
Reply: I can't respond to that first question without getting sued for libel.

Our belief is that Dung did not try to commit suicide.

Kait's murderer

Question: Was the murderer of Kaitlyn Arquette, ever found? Who was he? Was the case just closed? Turned cold? Why?

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 05:43:13 PM
Reply: The case is technically "open but inactive." which means police refuse to continue to investigate or to look at any information we or our private investigators provide to them.

???????

Question: have u guys found out who killed kait?
r u gonna make a sequal about who killed my daughter?
MIRIAM

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 12:06:21 PM
Reply: No to the first question; yes to the second.

Lisa

Question: I'm not the poster of the question asking about Dung's new girlfriend, but in reference to your question asking them where they saw her name, I've read this message board for years and I'm fairly sure I saw her name here, many posts back.

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 10:06:38 AM
Reply: You're probably right. There have been over 1,200 posts on this message board, and there's no way that I can remember all of them.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: First, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I lost someone very close to me and he was only 27 years old. It is truly the hardest thing anyone can go through. I admire your courage, strength and will to keep going and find justice for your daughter. Who Killed My Daughter? is the last of your books I read, before I graduated college last semester. I picked it up at the library, not knowing about your daughther until then. The book made me really feel like I could get a glimpse of who Kaitlyn was and how important she was, and is, to you. It makes me proud to have a degree in Journalism and English, and be able to help people get their stories out. Kaitlyn and your family will always be in my prayers......she is in Heaven, and one day her killers will face a higher power......either way, here or somewhere else, they will be punished for taking away someone's daughter, sister and friend. God Bless.

Asked on Friday, February 08, 2008 at 04:47:33 PM
Reply: We have come to believe that the only way crime victims can combat poor or dishonest investigations is through the media. I wish you the best with your chosen career. The pen truly IS "mightier than the sword."

Dungs new girlfriend Lisa Prulheire

Question: Is it possible that Dung's new girlfriend Lisa Prulheire was involved in Kait's murder?

Asked on Friday, February 08, 2008 at 03:42:36 PM
Reply: Absolutely not. Dung didn't meet her until two years later. From all reports she's a very nice woman.

My question for you is, where did you get her name? To the best of my knowledge it's never been posted on this Web site.

Hey

Question: Did You guys ever find Kaitlyn Lois killer after 18 years.

Asked on Friday, February 08, 2008 at 10:36:33 AM
Reply: After all these years of private investigation -- interviews with hundreds of people, information from informants who want their names protected and from honest cops from APD who also want their names protected -- we believe we know how the shooting occurred and who covered it up. However, TWO people were involved in the actual shooting. We don't know which one fired the bullets that killed Kait and which one fired the bullet that struck the door frame of her car, which was a larger caliber than the killer bullets. (We have a pretty good idea who altered the crime scene and who orchestrated the cover-up at the homicide department, but we don't know why they did that.)

Where do we take that information since APD doesn't want it? To go over the heads of the local law enforcement agency, who "owns" Kait's case, we need more.

We're waiting for the one particular person who can put the last piece of the puzzle in place to contact us.

We know he/she is reading this message board. I pray that person will find the courage to contact us privately, and I promise that his/her identity will not be revealed.

Thinkin

Question: Hi I really dont kno how to start this but before anything i want to say taht i have soo much admiration and respect for you. You are very brave in trying to find Kait's killer. The first time I read the book was about 2 to 3 years ago and i relly touched me and i think there was on older website that i had visited but after reading it and visiting the website i guess i just stoppped thinkin about it. but today for some odd reason i started thinkin about WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER and i put in a search in yahoo in found this site. I dont kno what the reason for me thinkin about the book is but all i know is that i was. I jus get really sad when i think about how cruel people are and how the innocent have to suffer. i do have one thin to say to you GOD DOESNT FORGET ANYTHING and Kaits Killer will be punished if not in this lifetime then in the other one. I am a firm believer that God punishes those who do wrong and trust me the killer will pay.Just dont give up and i hope God Blesses you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

Asked on Monday, February 04, 2008 at 04:20:58 PM
Reply: Thank you for your caring message.

If your belief is right, and "Kait's killer will be punished" in the after-world -- which I strongly want to believe -- then those who covered up for that killer will be punished as well.

I consider them as guilty as the shooter.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next