Displaying 4861 - 4880 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 244 of 283)

Cold Case Files

Question: I don't think that show would ever feature the Kait Arquette case. when I looked it up on the Internet it said, "Cold Case Files is not just a show about solving crimes and getting the bad guy. It's about dedication from police and detectives. The never give up theory of the many who want justice for the dead and peace to those who have families who are left behind with so many unanswered questions."

In other words, they only want cases where the cops are the good guys and cooperate with the producers. APD never would do that.

Asked on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 07:50:30 AM
Reply: That's a common problem with such shows. They need the cooperation of local police departments to get access to the scene reports, etc. When there's corruption involved, the police don't want it exposed, so they refuse to cooperate.

The producer of Unsolved Mysteries told me they had a terrible time filming Kait's story because APD didn't want them to do it. They had to depend on investigative reporters for their information.

cold case files

Question: No, the A&E program cold case files is real cases. There is also a program called American Justice and City Confidential that are also real cases on that channel. I'm sure that they couldn't air the story on American Justice because there has been no justice, but City Confidential focuses on a city where a notable murder took place. I'm not from Alburqurque but it's hard for me to imagine that any crime more notable than Kaitlyn's could have taken place there. Being that you are a famous writer you could probably get in touch with the people at A&E. Anyways, it was just a thought.[From:Leah in Florida]

Asked on Monday, March 26, 2007 at 04:55:02 PM
Reply: It's a good thought, Leah. I'll look into City Confidential.

I THINK IT WORKS NOW

Question: From Lois Duncan (Kait's Mom):

My professional Web site now seems to be working. At least, for the moment. The URL is http://loisduncan.arquettes.com. (No www in the URL.) You may need to refresh it to bring up the new information.

Asked on Monday, March 26, 2007 at 08:37:09 AM

thanks

Question: Mrs. Arquette, thanks for posting the msg. about the URL website. I hope you get it to start working again so i (student) can ask you some questions! Thank You!~

Asked on Monday, March 26, 2007 at 07:01:26 AM
Reply: I think it's okay now.

APOLOGY FROM KAIT'S MOM

Question: To the person who was complaining because the URL to my "Lois Duncan" Web site wouldn't work -- and I kept insisting it WOULD work if you typed it in right -- I apologize for that response. You were absolutely right. I didn't realize that my husband had been working on the site and had accidentally done something that made it unobtainable.

I hope he's able to get it working again soon, as this is exactly the time of year when kids need information about authors for school papers.

Asked on Monday, March 26, 2007 at 05:27:20 AM

A&E cold case files

Question: I read and watch alot of true crime stories and Kaitlyn's story really bothered me. It struck me that I had never seen the story on cold case files or any other program(and i'm pretty sure i've seen them all), so I tried to email Bill Kurtis with as much information as I could come up with in just a few lines but I was unsucsessful in delivering it because the email box was full. I tried several more times with the same results. So my question is have you ever tried to contact Bill Kurtis or A&E with this awful story, because I believe that it would be a great way to really get the story out there and possibly solve it.[From: Leah in Florida]

Asked on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 09:11:36 PM
Reply: It was my understanding that the Cold Case Files show was fiction. Am I wrong about that?

e-mail

Question: hi, what is your e-mail that i can contact you at and ask you some questions? because when i plug in - loisduncan@arquettes.com. - it doesn't work. thanks

Asked on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 02:30:55 PM
Reply: You've got the right e-mail address.

But, when you use the words "plug in," I wonder if you are talking about sending an e-mail or visiting my "Lois Duncan" web site.

My professional web site starts with the usual h-m letters, (for some reason this message board won't allow me to post them), and then (no www) loisduncan.arquettes.com.

If you have a problem, Google it.

Kait

Question: Did Kait live all her life in Albuquerque and was she born there?

Asked on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 01:13:33 PM
Reply: Kait was born in Albuquerque and lived her full life there.

your picture

Question: There's a picture of you on your Lois Duncan website but no picture of you on this one. Why not?

Asked on Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 10:17:14 AM
Reply: Because this web site isn't about me. It's about Kait.

Apartment #

Question: Just curious, what was Kait's apartment number on Alvarado?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 08:14:52 PM
Reply: I wouldn't feel right posting that, out of respect for the current tenants.

the book

Question: what was the hardest and devastating part of your book to write?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 05:18:55 PM
Reply: The second chapter.

Great

Question: Oh, I think this is the neatest thing that people can post messages and can talk to you and you can reply! I love it! Thanks for your reply's and i'll probably be asking more things about the book! Thank You SOOOO much! I think this is awesome that you can talk to a worldwide author!
-Erin

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 05:18:03 PM
Reply: I appreciate your interest, but, in general, I would prefer that students who are seeking information for school projects go to my "Lois Duncan" web site and send me a personal e-mail from there. That way I'll respond more appropriately to your questions.

Hi, again

Question: In the book you said Kait\'s girlfriend\'s name was Susan Smith, but on this site it said it was Sharon Smith. What is her real name??????????

Is there any way to become a pen pal with you? Please tell me!

Sherilyn Harper

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 05:00:24 PM
Reply: In the front of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? I say, "This is a true story ... the facts are documented, (but) several names have been changed." I changed those names to protect the privacy of Kait's friends, who were not involved in any way in the case, other than that they were grieving.

Sharon's name was one that I changed, because, at the time I wrote the book, I believed she was that kind of friend. I now have reason to suspect otherwise. So, on this Web site, I'm using her real name, so that people who knew her will recognize who I'm talking about. It's possible Sharon may have shared information with those people, and they may be motivated to contact us.

I'm sorry, but I can't become a pen pal. It's hard enough to find time to write to my own family members.

Hi

Question: I'm currently reading your book and I'm truly facinated! I love all your fiction books and this one is by far the best. Although it is sad, I'm now realizing that stuff like this really does happen. I never really thought about it like that before.
Are you currently working on another book? You should, you are my favorite author.
Do you dedicate books to people you've never met who wrote you a message? Because if you do, I would like you to dedicate on to me, my name is Sherilyn Harper! I would be honored.
I love your work and am truly sorry about what happened in 1989, it must be so hard, but I admire you so much for not giving up! You truly are an inspiration!! When I grow up I hope I can be as stong and inspiring as you are!!
With love
Your number one fan
Sherilyn Harper

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:44:51 PM
Reply: Thank you for your message.

My new book is titled SEASONS OF THE HEART, and it's not a suspense novel. You can read about it on my "Lois Duncan" web site at loisduncan.arquettes.com, (there's no www in that URL).

I dedicate books to family and very close friends. THE TALLY KEEPER is going to be dedicated to "Kait's Army," which will include all the good people who have helped us investigate this case.

hi again

Question: the message that asked what the theme and climax of the story wasn't written by me (erin) just to let you know..... i just wanted to let you know that i'm not trying to get you to do the report for me and am a very good student that gets all a's and is salutatorian of of our class and my twin is valedictorian. I think you're site is very neat in that people can ask you things and you can actually reply to what they're asking. the two questions that i asked i very much respect your saying that you cannot tell me what the investigators names were..... that was very wise and i am definately not offended! Thank you!!!!
-Erin - 13 yrs. old

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:30:38 PM
Reply: Erin, you've made my day! What a thoughtful and courteous message to receive from a student! Thank you.

Dung

Question: When thinking of dung does he scare you in any way? do you know where he is now, and are you still concerned that he's involved in katilyn's killing?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:25:03 PM
Reply: Dung has never scared me. During the two years he dated Kait he was in and out of our house all the time, ate most of his meals there, and called me "Mom," because he missed his own mom back in Vietnam. I feel sure he liked me.

I don't know where he is now.

I don't think he killed Kait or wanted her killed. My personal belief is that he was involved in illegal activities that Kait learned about, and that her knowledge of those activities caused her to be killed.

I believe Dung knows exactly what happened and is afraid to speak out. But I don't think he killed her.

names???

Question: i noticed that your name is lois DUNCAN however katilyns last name is arquette. this may be a stupid question but why are the last names different? was kait adopted?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 03:41:39 PM
Reply: My name at birth was Lois Duncan Steinmet. I was named after my mother -- Lois Steinmetz. When I started selling stories to magazines, I didn't want everyone to think Mother wrote them, so I started using my middle name (which was my grandmother's maiden name) as a pen name.

I'd written many books under the name "Lois Duncan" by the time I married Don Arquette. I couldn't afford to lose my professional identity as "Lois Duncan," so I continued to use that as my professional name. Socially I'm Mrs. Don Arquette or "Lois Duncan Arquette."

Kait definitely was not adopted. Don and I made her together.

Setting of story

Question: hi, its erin again, and for my book report i am to describe the setting with very much description. is there any way you can tell me from our personal experience what the setting looked like. i know it told you throughout the story, however, more detail from a personal experience would be even better. I'm going very in depth for this book report because this is a very interesting book that is a true challenge. Thank you very much!

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 03:01:11 PM
Reply: Your teacher apparently wants you to do research for your report. You know from my book where we lived at the time Kait was killed. Research that area on the Internet.

Book Report.

Question: My Name Is Erin and I live in New Mexico also. I'm 13 Years old and I was assigned this book for my English class for my book report. I really enjoyed it!~ Your a very strong and brave mom. Which detective was the most helpful for you? I think it would be great to have some personal input for my book report! Thank you! God Bless!~
-Erin.

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:39:38 PM
Reply: No detective at the Albuquerque Police Department was helpful.

Several private investigators have been very helpful, but I'd rather not post their identities.

theme and climax

Question: I'm sorry, I know this is kinda off topic but you would be the best person to help me identify the theme and the climax in your book. Can you help?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:11:50 PM
Reply: No. I'm sorry. I can't do your book report for you.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next