Displaying 4841 - 4860 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 243 of 283)

comments,question

Question: I so appologize for your lose I wish I had the chance to meet your daughter or you I love your books,because I love mysteries.also what purswadded you to write this awsome book other than your lose I meen to say if it happen to somone else would you still write it?!?!?!?!

Asked on Monday, April 02, 2007 at 03:53:34 PM
Reply: I wrote WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? to motivate informants and to keep the facts of the case from being buried and forgotten after police dropped off the case in 1991.

I would not have been able to write such a book about somebody else.

Photo..

Question: Ms. Duncan,
I was viewing the photos on your website. I was looking at the one labled, car on sidewalk. There appears to be something splattered on the sidewalk close to the car. Do you know what that is? I couldnt figure it out.
fan 101

Asked on Monday, April 02, 2007 at 03:22:24 PM
Reply: It's Kait's blood and brains.

Manny Aragon

Question: Former Senate leader, Manny Aragon, and three others face charges of conspiracy, mail fraud and money laundering in courthouse corruption probe

I don't know how long this will be online but you might want to check it out. I always check your site for updates on Kait's case. I hope you find out everything you need to know. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I really believe one day you will get answers to this.

Asked on Monday, April 02, 2007 at 11:11:18 AM
Reply: Thank you. We'll add that to our file. That's an article we hadn't seen.

references for Los Padillas

Question: This pushes the Los Padilla association with heroin back to pre-1994, and implies its existance prior to that time. I am still looking for the article that explicitly states that they were involved circa 1989.

Law officials consider Los Padillas to be the oldest and most sophisticated gang in Albuquerque. Some of its members have operated a drug smuggling and distribution ring that has contacts with two of Mexico\'s larger drug cartels.

According to police, Jeffrey Padilla is the current leader of Los Padillas.

In 1994, Jerry Padilla Jr. was identified as the head of the \"Padilla Organization,\" which was importing and distributing cocaine in three states.

According to law enforcement, the \"Los Padillas\" gang is part of the larger \"Padilla Organization,\" that operates cocaine, heroin and marijuana smuggling and distribution systems in Mexico, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas.

Jeffery Padilla is the younger brother of Jerry L. Padilla Jr., who is serving a 16-year federal prison sentence for drug trafficking, and the son of Jerry L. Padilla Sr., who has been convicted twice on federal narcotics charges.

Padilla Sr. has been out of prison since 1994. He is the owner of JAM Construction Co. and at one time was a partner with Sen. Manny Aragon, D-Albuquerque, in the construction business. Padilla Sr. said last fall that Aragon was no longer involved in the construction business.

Asked on Sunday, April 01, 2007 at 01:50:03 PM
Reply: Thank you for all this time consuming research. We appreciate it very, very much.

References for Los Padillas

Question:
Retail heroin distribution is conducted by a number of criminal entities. Supplied primarily by Mexican criminal groups, retail heroin distributors vary in different areas of New Mexico. Prison and street gangs are the primary retail distributors of the drug in urban areas of the state. In the Albuquerque area, New Mexico Syndicate often works through street gangs, such as the San Jose and Los Padillas gangs, to control heroin distribution at the retail level.

Asked on Sunday, April 01, 2007 at 01:48:53 PM
Reply: Thank you for this link.

Question: Now throw in some beer, sicilian pizza and few black robes.

Asked on Sunday, April 01, 2007 at 08:34:53 AM
Reply: Sounds like the party of the year. And just think -- it's probably held every evening!

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: I would first like you to know that I am reading your book "Who Killed My Daughter?" and I am just starting on the 19th chapter. I have cried so much and I havent even gotten through the whole book. I feel like for some reason that I have known Kait for a very long time, but I know I havent because I am only 14 soon to be 15 on December 7th. I feel very bad for you and wish that there was something that I could do. I was just wondering what you felt like when the police wouldnt do anything and just kept calling Kait's murder a "random shooting", and I was also wondering if you ever found out if Juve Escobedo was really in that garage. Also I would like to ask what you think of Betty's readings?
Sincerely,
Kayla

Asked on Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 02:55:26 PM
Reply: What we felt about the police investigation was disbelief and disillusionment. We had always trusted the police and regarded them as "the good guys."

Juve Escobedo (aka Jose Hernandez) is an inigma. The police appear to have protected him. Miguel Garcia spent 18 months in jail before he was released for lack of evidence, but when a bench warrent was put out for Juve, police never even bothered to pick him up. People would call the police, inform them where Juve was (usually at his girlfriend's apartment), and no one would ever come get him. We'd be very interested in knowing where he is now.

We never used to believe in psychics. But so many of Betty's readings have proven accurate that we now take them seriously.

Los Padilla's

Question: From what ive read, the gang was involved in heroin traffacking during the time period of interest. My understanding is that Manny's from the South Valley, as is the gang.

Asked on Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 02:52:05 PM
Reply: I didn't know Los Padillas were trafficking heroin during that time period. That's very interesting news. Can you steer us to an article in which that's documented?
.......................................
Posted later:
I've now found the article, and you are right.

In 1999, there was a massive drug bust of Los Padillas by BCSO, APD, FBI - the gang was involved in murder, heroin and cocaine trafficking. The gang is comprised of 4 generations. The organization is headed by Jerry L. Padilla - Manny's business partner in JAM Construction.

What do the bullets mean?

Question: Dear Mr & Mrs Arquette,

1st of all I would like to say how sorry I am for your loss. I read Ms. Duncan's book about 10 years ago and every now & then I check this site just to see what progress has been made regarding your daughter's case.

There's something I don't understand in regards to the bullets, and I was wondering what forensics had made of this...what could have happened to the bullets fired into Kait if there were no exit wounds? I was just curious as this doesn't make much sense to me.

I wish you all the best in finding out who killed your daughter and hope that oneday you will have the conclusion you search for.

All the best,

Geraldine

Asked on Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 02:39:09 PM
Reply: This is one of the many mysteries that abound in this case.

For the two bullets that entered Kait's head to shatter into a powder-like substance that literally disappeared, they had to be very small caliber.

But click on the link to the crime scene, scroll down, and click on the link to the photo of the bullet hole in the door frame of Kait's car. That hole was not made by a .22.

Which means that two guns were used and the shooting was NOT "random."

Description of the VIP?

Question: How did the psychics describe the VIP that Kait allegedly saw involved in a drug deal?

Asked on Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 06:46:54 AM
Reply: Betty Muench in Albq. -- 1990: “The person Kait saw is a political figure who has the podium and is very coveting of his position. He is married. He has a fear of being exposed that borders on paranoia, and this will have been part of his fear upon the observation of him by Kait. He will not have had anything to do with the actions after that, but his followers will be involved.”

Noreen Renier in FL (channeling Kait) -- 1990: "He is a politician. He's a very powerful person with this group of people I shouldn't have been hanging out with... This is a powerful person. The police have fear."

Nancy Czetli in NJ-- 1992: “He’s active in both local city politics and state level politics. I think he's been in the state legislature. He may be part of your court system. He has black hair, he's heavy set, and is getting a little jowly under his chin. I'd say he's in his fifties and has a very powerful voice. This man has been involved for quite some time in rather extensive import-export of drugs. He did not order Kait's killing, but his presence helped trigger it.”

Robert Petro in AZ (channeling Kait) -- 1992: "The VIP was in local government. I can't give you the exact position, but he was a married man, well-positioned in government. But he wasn't the only one in the place. It appeared that everybody around there was doing something with drugs. For some reason I recognized him."

None of these psychics knew we were getting readings from other psychics, so they could not have conspired to make their readings so similar.

Manny Aragon

Question: Unfortunately Mr. Aragon has so many powerful and rich people in his pocket, that he will more than likely, if convicted, be acquitted for supposedly, "lack of hard evidence." Hopefully, the US Attorney's office has enough evidence to support a guilty verdict beyond a reasonable doubt.

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 07:23:04 PM
Reply: According to newspaper articles, the feds have had him "under their radar for decades." You'd assume that if they waited this long to come down on him, they would have enough evidence to make their charges stick.

Manny Aragon

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I read your book several years ago, and have been checking this site since. When I read the book the first person to come to mind was Manny Aragon, and now that all of this is comming down about the court house, I am more convinced than ever that he has some knowledge about what happend to your daughter, or the sircumstances surrounding her death....especially reguarding the drugs. I am sure your right, im sure the're will be many more indictments to come!! I pray for Kait, and your family that somehow in all of this that you get to the truth. That's the least you deserve!!

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 07:13:36 PM
Reply: And that's really all we want -- to know the whole story. We'll never get the shooter if he was a hired hit man, but we need to know why she was killed and who was behind the hit. even if there's no arrest and conviction.

NM Corruption

Question: Go to kobtv.com and you'll be able to read the "indictments" and all the rest of the court documents, plea deals, Manny Aragon's illicit dealings with convicted felons, etc. it's all there.

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 12:23:52 PM
Reply: And there's probably still more to come.

Indictments handed down in NM

Question: The journal article tells all about Manny's history including his brother's shinanagins, gang relations, prison tenants and clemency he gave to prisoners.

I remember you saying one time that one day all people involved in the 2004 corruption report by Larry Barker with Channel 13 would be revealed. Is this the list of people you were referring to?

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 11:59:05 AM
Reply: No. The secret report Larry Barker exposed was allegedly filled with the names of political VIPs who are running the NM drug scene. I don't think the list of hoodlums the media listed today contains such people.

However, there's one person who was named in the Journal article who interests us a lot. If any of you have information about this person, we would welcome it.

Manny Aragon was said to have been a partner in M&J Construction Company with Jerry Padilla Sr., a three-time convicted HEROIN DEALER. His relationship with Padilla overlaps the time period when heroin was allegedly imported through the store where Kait worked.

RE: Indictments handed down in NM

Question: Manny up to the same old tricks. I've always thought if there is a high ranking politician responsible for Kait's murder it was Manny. The guy is a scumbag at best. It's also reported that Ken Schultz is involved, wasn't he the mayor when Kait was killed?

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 10:13:03 AM
Reply: As you know from my book, psychic Noreen Renier described the face of the political VIP Kait saw involved in a drug deal to a police artist. My publisher would not allow that artist's sketch to be reproduced in my book because it so closely resembled Manny Aragon,who, at that time, was president of the NM State Senate.

In the 1980's, Manny's brother, Chuck Aragon, was chief financier of a gigantic marajuana smuggling enterprise out of Mexico. He was arrested (out of state, of course) three months after Kait's murder and sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Yes, Ken Schultz was mayor at the time Kait was killed. So he was in control of APD.

I have no idea if or how any of this links to Kait's case, but it's fascinating to watch the dominoes start falling.

RE: Indictments handed down in NM

Question: Go to www.albjournal.com and click on the 3rd article. It will only be available for a limited time w/o having to register online. I would post the contents here, but it's too long.

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 09:37:50 AM
Reply: The news coverage will be much than local. My guess is we'll all get to read about it in Newsweek.

I am so sorry

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I read your book about Kait many years ago and wrote you a message through this site a couple of years back. My son turned six months old on Wednesday and I just wanted to tell you again, now that I am a mom, I am even more sorry for your loss. I do not think I could pull myself out of the place I would be in if I lost my little boy. I hope it will be okay if I pray for you and your family to get the closure and peace you have worked tirelessly for over the past many years.

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 08:54:05 AM
Reply: Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Indictments handed down in NM

Question: If you have contact with anybody personally in Albuquerque. They need to send you the ABQ. Journal to read the latest in the 2004 Kickback corruption case. Several high-profile figures are mentioned. Very interesting read! I think this is just the beginning of the fall of "The Good Ole Boys"

People invovled in Kait's demise might be in the mix. Might not. But, if they are in here and not getting punished for her murder, they will pay one way or the other. ref. ABQ Journal, March 30, 2007. Paper also states the Fed. investigation is still on-going with the full cooperation of the new Attorney General's office.

Asked on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 07:28:14 AM
Reply: Back in 1994, in response to my question, “How is this going to end?”, psychic Betty Muench (who works by automatic writing) transcribed the message: "There is this group which is not understanding how things operate and they will be making their own rules. When this will border on anarchy, then they will fall, with truth coming out all around.”

Sharon

Question: Where is Sharon now? Does she possess a criminal record? What about her boyfriend(s) at the time? Is she involved with a criminal crowd? Was she at that time? She was associated with Pier 1, but how about the cops and the auto shop and the VIPs? She knew dung and could have collaborated with him or his buddies, right? She seems like the logical starting point to trace backwards because she saw Kait right before she was killed and must have been part of the plan. What other connections were there that involved her?

I'd like to understand more about her and her boyfriend and thier circle of influence at the time. Are there any readers out there that knew her??? Is Sharon monitoring this sight?

Asked on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 06:15:00 PM
Reply: I know where Sharon is now, but I promised her I would keep that information confidential. I wish now that I hadn't promised that, but having done so, I can't go back on my word.

If she has a criminal record, I'm not aware of it. I don't know whom she's currently associating with or whether she visits this web site. Her boyfriend at the time of Kait's murder, Ray Bowes, has since served time in prison.

We have reason to suspect she may possibly have been linked to the body shop, but we have not been able to verify that, and the owner of the body shop is now dead. Yes, she did know Dung, and she knew the people he worked for at Artwear, Michael and Roxanne Cecchini. In fact, she apparently knew them before she met Dung.

We, too, would like to know more about how she fits into this case and would welcome any information people want to send us.

Media Coverage

Question: Dear Lois Duncan

I am a British Ex Pat living in Turkey. Earlier this year I came across this site & I would like to express how sorry it makes me to read of your loss. I can only imagine the frustration you must feel that justice has not yet been served & answers are left unknown.

I had never heard of this case before so unfortunately I can't help with any information.

Have you ever considered applying pressure from aboard. In the UK BBC 2 & Channel 4 produce investigative journalism programmes that may be interested in your story. My thought behind this is that it might embarrass agencies involved into action.

I am thinking of Channel 4 'Cutting Edge' in particular. These are very professionally delivered & cover a wide variety of subject matter.

I think the UK public would be shocked at the lack of professionalism of the APD.

If you would like more information I would be happy to do some research for you.

Wishing you & your family all the best.

Kindest regards
Tamzin

Asked on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 08:54:36 AM
Reply: I appreciate your idea, but I very much doubt that the 18-yr-old murder of a teenager in the US would be of interest to TV producers in the UK. In fact, my London publisher, who bought the rights to all my young adult fiction books, turned down WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. Their reason: "People in the UK have no interest in the criminal justice system in the United States."

On the other hand, there was such a huge demand for that book in Germany that the rights were put up for auction. It was also extremely popular in Norway, Denmark, Poland, and Sweden.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next