Displaying 4841 - 4860 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 243 of 306)

omg

Question: i just now got this book from the libary and in chapter 2 going on chapter three they talk about her getting shot...i dont think that the author should say it so early in the book!?!yeah well i try not to cry and when i think about it i really wish it was me instead of her she was really pretty!who was the killer and is he still alive? and Kaits boyfriend is he still alive and does anyone know if he has a myspace?

Asked on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 04:00:14 PM
Reply: As the author, as well as being Kait's mother, I, too, wish Kait had not been shot "so early in the book." But this isn't a fiction story, so I had no control over the content of the book. I had to tell it as it happened.

John Brennan's recent arrest

Question: There's been no word that any other NM VIPs were there. Of course the incident took place in the wee hours of the morning. (4:00a.m.). All the news mentions is that his girlfriend was not agreeing to have sex with a prostitute and him at the same time. So I guess there was a prostitute present. Other than that, no one else was around at the time of the assault.

Asked on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 01:14:40 PM
Reply: Since we no longer live in New Mexico, all I know about this horrific incident is what I read on-line. The reports do make it clear that Judge Brennan and his girlfriend were alone in the house, (with the possible exception of a prostitute), when police arrived to save the girlfriend from Brennan's violent attack.

However, there was mention in one of the articles that other people were there, partying with Brennan and his girlfriend, earlier that evening. Many of Brennan's current friends are the same VIP friends he had when Kait was murdered in 1989. Some of those friends go all the way back to his school days. And since Brennan was named several times in the secret narcotics report that was buried until reporters recently discovered it, I'm interested in anything that might connect VIPs, drugs, violence, and a link back to 1989.

I'm not in any way implicating John Brennan in Kait's murder. He is not the VIP in the psychic's sketch. But that doesn't mean that one of his friends might not be that person. I'm searching for ways that all of those things that I mentioned above might fit together to form a piece in our unfinished jigsaw puzzle with Kait's death at its center.

John Brennan

Question:
Former judge arrested for assaulting ‘mistress’
The former chief judge of Albuquerque’s state district court is facing three felony charges after being arrested at his university-area home early Sunday morning.
John Brennan was taken into custody at about 4:00 a.m. after neighbors reported to police they were hearing the screams of a woman coming from his home.

When officers arrived at the scene they saw Brennan assaulting a woman who later identified herself as Brennan’s mistress.

According to police, Brennan became enraged when the woman resisted his suggestion that they involve a prostitute in their relationship.

“At one point, she describes that his physical advancement was in such a manner that she felt threatened with her life, that he was going to render harm by choking her to death,” said APD spokesman John Walsh.

An officer who saw Brennan’s arm around the woman’s neck broke through a door and ordered Brennan to release the woman, according to police.

Brennan was the chief presiding judge in the Second Judicial District Court until May of 2004 when he was arrested for drunken driving and possession of cocaine after attempting to elude a DWI roadblock in Albuquerque.

Most recently, Brennan has run a rehabilitation center called Second Chances.

Asked on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 12:28:58 PM
Reply: After checking this out on the on-line edition of the Albuquerque Journal and Albq TV stations, I have no choice but to believe it's true.

Since I now live out of state, I'm limited on what I can find on-line, so, please, keep me up-dated, especially if there's a mention of who the friends were that he was partying with that night, prior to attacking his girlfriend. Any political figures? Anyone who has ever been arrested on drug charges?

It's well-publicized that, Ex-Judge Brennan is a long-time friend of Manny Aragon, the Maloof family, and many other NM VIPs. Were any of them at that party?

If not, who WAS there?

John Brennan

Question: Former Albuquerque judge, John Brennan, now faces kidnapping and aggravated assault charges.

Asked on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 09:09:47 PM
Reply: I can't believe this. Judge Brennan has been portrayed in the media as a warm and compassionate man, a terrific judge, and the victim of "one little mistake" when he was arrested when he was found at a traffic block with drugs in his crotch.

But he's now been through rehab. He allegedly started a new life, which people with drug problems have a right to do. I've respected him for doing that.

What, in God's name, has he done now?

New Investigation?

Question: Helllo my name is Kaitlyn. I'm 13 years old and randomly chose your book for a book report. I was very, very surprised by the story. It seems almost unreal the police won't do anything. It has been a number of years since the murder and we now have new technology. Why not have the case gone over again by a new detective?I really hope I helped!

Asked on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 10:24:45 AM
Reply: Thanks for caring, Kaitlyn (why is that my favorite name?)

The case WAS gone over by a new detective, who came in to head the APd Cold Case Squad, but, as soon as he revealed his plan to interrogate Paul Apodaca, (the man at Kait's scene, who had a long record of violent crimes), he was transferred out of the department.

With that good man gone, all interest in Kait's case disappeared.

Of course cops are scared of retaliation

Question: Even retired cops, no longer at risk of losing their jobs or promotions or having back-up fail to respond to them, know what can happen if they rat out any member or former member of the department. Physical "accidents" to them and their family. Wives or girlfriends stalked and harassed, pulled over in there cars and arrested for DUI when they haven't had a sip of anything. Kids arrested for dealing, with bags of meth planted in their pockets by the cop who pats them down.

Your totally right to protect the identities of good cops who give you information. Knowing that you guarantee anonymity and stand by your promise that will make them much more willing to contact you.

Asked on Saturday, March 08, 2008 at 02:52:50 PM
Reply: We guarantee this on Kait's name: We will protect the identity of any informants who contact us.

Retired APD people

Question: I wonder why retired police officers who know about the case don't speak up. Especially on this web site. How would anyone be able to connect them. I just don't see how any of them could be associated with snitching, since the even happened so long ago. Have any of them ever contacted you and you're just not willing to tell us? Are you going to reveal it on this message board if you ever find out? or are you just going to finish the Tally Keeper for us to find out that way?

Asked on Friday, March 07, 2008 at 02:14:56 PM
Reply: Actually, there have been some members of APD who have contacted us with information about the cover-up. But we can't USE that information without revealing their identities, which we have promised not to do. The best we can do is have our private investigators follow up on it and try to confirm it through other sources.

It's amazing to me how frightened police officers are of each other. They're apparently expected to follow the Blue Code of Silence even after retirement, and they're terrified of retaliation if they don't.

Re: Bob Schwartz

Question: I'm sorry, I don't have anymore information on Bob Schwartz. I just know that a lot of people are very disappointed that he got a judgeship here in Bernalillo County. The Governor of NM is the final person to say who gets one and who doesn't. Right now, Bill Richardson is the governor. So who knows. Someone commented that what Schwartz said or did was dispicable. Well, he is a dispicable person. He's right up there with all the other arrogant politicians of NM. He's also very short. I saw him in person once. He probably has that Napoleon complex that short men get. I'm sorry I didn't have more information for you. I just wish your P.I.s could solve this case! :(

I also think it's very odd that he was selected to be a judge.

Asked on Friday, March 07, 2008 at 02:09:56 PM
Reply: If our PIs do solve this case, what can we do with their information? APD has told us point blank they will not give credence to any information provided by our family or our representatives.

As for Bob Schwartz -- what can I say? He is what he is.

FROM KAIT'S MOTHER

Question: A visitor to this message board recently sent me a personal e-mail saying, "I was curious if the publicity of her story brought any promising leads?"

I responded to her personally, but, since that's probably a question that other people have also, I'm going to post my response here as well.

Asked on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 02:17:28 PM
Reply: “Unsolved Mysteries” was not happy about their dealings with APD. They resented the way APD tried to roadblock them when they wanted to do the story, and the way Bob Schwartz and Capt. (Evertson? – I forget his exact name – he’s the one who appeared on “Good Morning America” to say what a marvelous job the homicide department did) – suddenly became “too busy” to turn up for their scheduled interviews. APD’s scapegoat, Detective Steve Gallegos, was forced into that position. He was obviously uncomfortable, but did the best job he could. I appreciated his situation and wrote a thank you note for the producer to pass on to him. (We weren't allowed to interact directly.)

Because they were in sympathy with us, “Unsolved Mysteries” forwarded us copies of all the tips that they sent to APD. All but one were about the car wreck insurance scams in California. We forwarded those to insurance claims investigators in California. (APD did not do that.) That other tip proved quite important to us, although APD apparently didn't follow up on it.

The “Sally Jessy Raphael” show was the one that generated a huge number of tips. Prior to that event we donated $1,200 to an organization called WE-TIP to use their 800 number for call-in tips. When we contacted WE-TIP after the show, they informed us that their operators had received over 1,000 calls about Kait's case and related criminal activities. While common sense told us the majority of those calls were bound to be irrelevant, it was hard to believe that out of that many tips there would not be at least a couple that would be worth following up on.

However, when we tried to get access to the tips, we were told that WE-TIP could release them only to law enforcement. Despite the fact that we were the ones who generated the tips and paid for the use of the hot line, as private citizens we had no more legal right to information about Kait's murder than any stranger on the street.

Since APD didn’t want the tips, we wrote to the police chief in Albuquerque, requesting permission for WE-TIP to give us the tips. He did not respond.

An attorney then, phoned Detective Gallegos to ask him to intercede for us. Gallegos said he was no longer permitted to talk to us and all communication about Kait's case must be directed to the district attorney.

The attorney then wrote to DA Bob Schwartz, explaining the situation and requesting permission for our family to access the tips. Bob did not respond.

So either those tips are still sitting there, unread, after all these years, or they’ve been shredded.

Bob Schwartz's comment

Question: Thanks for posting the comments of the DA who handled Kait's case. What he said is despicable and all too representative of the way the so-called "public servants" in Albuquerque handled her case.

Asked on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 08:05:57 PM
Reply: I, too, was stunned when I read that article. Because I had hoped, after appearing on that show with me, Bob would become our friend and supporter.

Anything new?

Question: Hi...My name is Brittany and I'm a senior in High School...I Just finished reading your book Who Kill My Daughter? I found it very moving, upseting, and a mysterious story...It is a very sad story...When I Graduate I plan to go to school to become a crime scene investigator...Nothing really adds up in the story...I know it happened 18 years ago because thats the year I was born...I read the story...Some of it over and over again...&& I still am very confused about who could have done this...&& I don't understand at all why the cops didnt try harder or follow up on the case...Do you think they may be hiding or have leads on the case that they haven't let you know about? I know you've tried psyhics but have you ever thought about looking into to trying to see Sylvia Brown? I mean its worth a shot...Anything that could help would be wonderful...&& I know its been 18 years and I hope and pray to God you have found who done this to your beautiful daughter...So have you found the real killer? Or have any new leads on the case?

Asked on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 04:17:10 PM
Reply: Hi, Brittany. It's nice to hear from a decent and caring young woman who is motivated into going into police work. I wish you well.

Having already consulted with top-notch psychic detectives, who are well-respected by law enforcement, we have no desire to contact Sylvia Browne.

Manny Aragon

Question: I don't know if you're aware of this, but ever since Manny was indicted for extortion, money laundering, mail frau, etc. He has kept a very low profile here in ABQ. What baffles me is that nothing has been done since, nothing in the newspapers or T.V. news. Now what does that tell you? To me it says Manny has clamped down on all his underlings. Not to mention Bob Schwartz was just appointed a judge in the Second Judicial District here in ABQ. If anyone besides Manny Aragon is a thug, it is Bob Schwartz.

Asked on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 02:49:30 PM
Reply: Bob Schwartz was District Attorney when Kait was killed. If you have information about him that we don't know (which would be almost anything), we would like to hear from you, either on this message board or by private e-mail.

He dropped charges against the Hispanic suspects in Kait's casse because he said, "There’s been some erosion in the state’s case … and then there seemed to be this other angle while the state’s case was dwindling.” He said the new angle was “the emergence of these other facts regarding her association with this group of Vietnamese.” Then the investigation ended. According to APD, the case was closed.

When I wrote my book WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? and appeared on "Larry King Live," Bob was on the show with me. This is an excerpt from the Albuquerque Tribune about that interview:

MY 15 MINUTES OF FAME PAID WELL, DA SCHWARTZ SAYS

Bernalillo County District Attorney Bob Schwartz gets the "Working Smarter" award of the year.
"I've never been paid so well for 15 minutes of work," Schwartz joked of his appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" show.
King invited Schwartz and Albuquerque author Lois Duncan to discuss the 1989 murder of Duncan's 18-year-old daughter, Kaitlyn Arquette.
"Ordinarily I work real cheap," Schwartz said, laughing. His salary is $67,500 a year, which he says breaks down to an hourly salary in the upper $30s or low $40s. Of course, Schwartz said, he didn't actually get paid to be on the show. But all his expenses were covered, including his plane ticket, cab fare, and two nights in the Bellevue Hotel on Capitol Hill ...
As a bonus, publicity-savvy Schwartz gained international exposure.
In an impromptu phone interview last week, Schwartz reiterated that he didn't do the show for political or campaign reasons.
"But did I mind the exposure? Of course not. I hope it comes in handy. You never know."

Thoughts and Prayers

Question: I was only 15 when I originally read your book Who Killed My Daughter. It saddens me that 15 years after I read this book you are still searching for the truth. My prayers and thoughts remain with you and your family and I pray one day justice will be served for Kait. Your courage and determination are an example to all who are searching for truths regarding the deaths of a loved one. - A

Asked on Sunday, March 02, 2008 at 11:22:08 AM
Reply: Thank you. And bless you in what I gather from this post is your own personal search for answers about a loved one.

just a thought

Question: Glad to see the posting below that says you got new information several days ago. It is hard to wait, but the truth will come out because you have never stopped looking for it.

Through another website, I found the realcrimes pages for the Diana Harris and Tom Stump cases in Florida--another horrible example of how corruption and influence not only prevented justice in Harris's case but probably cost Tom Stump his life. But looking at that case (after spending last night watching Dateline and Primetime "true crime" stories got me to thinking. With the advent of cable media, I think there is a market for a cable series that would focus on unsolved cases--and not shy away from the political implications.

Asked on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 05:39:49 PM
Reply: Yes, the Tom Stump and Diana Harris cases are horrifying, since they seem to be linked by all the same people (several of them felons) who were involved with both missing persons. And no one in law enforcement will consider that possible connection? I hope everyone reading this message board will go to the Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com and scroll down to the those two cases. You're going to be blown away by what's going on in the florida Keys.

I don't know much about current trends in cable TV. I do know that most major shows like Dateline won't do a story on an unsolved homicide unless the police who "own" that case are willing to cooperate. In Kait's case, APD does not want any further case exposure.

This was a Mafia Execution

Question: The way the story read in your book suggestions the mob not only wanted to silence Kate up as a "leak" to their "drug" racket, but to send a signal. Mafia tactics run this way. To track down the victom and then, use this "any last words" ritual to perofrm an execution that will not only show the victom they mean business, but ANY OTHERS ARROUND AT THE TIME OF KATE"S SHOOTING.

My father, The late Leo Michael John Kappler, JR. (AKA Kelly Kappler) worked for many law offices as a criminal and personal injury attorney who wittness police officers being paid of for over looking crimes like this in Chicago, Il. As well as currupt office who are into the mob silencing people as an executionor/hit man. Yes I do believe Dung was a wittness to her death as many members are forced to be part of the executions as the mOfia is VERY ORGANIZEd AND STRICT IN ITS ETHICS OF POWER and the TRANSFER of SUCH POWER.

So the reason why there were no other wittnesses when the paramedics shwoed at her shooting scene was someone listened to what they were told and timed the 911 call after the Ganag had cleared out. And all the "Lose ends tied up."

It is what I learned about when dad was studying a guy by the last name Of Reno. A Big time execution of a mAfia hit man who was "fencing funds" from his "family." He was later executed for stealing Mafia funds.

Like extortion

I hope some of this is helpful, I think you are a sweet person and deserve all the input you can get from anyone who might be able to shed the light on how this system works, or at least back up what you already know.

Sincerely,

Kevin Michael Kappler, Elmhurst, Il. 60126

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 06:51:58 PM
Reply: Thank you for your take on this situation. You've given us a lot to think about. Especially since psychic Betty Muench said that one of the people involved in Kait's murder went "northeast in the direction of Chicago."

Dear Mrs.Duncan,

Question: I must say that when I read your book, I was so intruiged. I couldn't put the book down. Although it has been a while since then, I still would like to wish the best to you and your family.[:

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 03:43:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for reading the book and for continuing to think about us.

Hi

Question: Hi Ms. Duncan--

I've been a huge fan of yours and recently finished your book about Kait. I want to tell you that I know justice will be yours someday and that many people are praying for the justice you want.

C

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 01:19:01 PM
Reply: I hope so much that you're right.

any leads

Question: Are there any more leads other than what's said?

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 01:07:55 PM
Reply: Yes. In fact we received new information just this morning, but I'm not free to post it at this time.

The Name Of The Truck Driver

Question: I was just wondering here, I knew of drug smugglers driving semi-trucks, cross country. One of them I knew quite well because he was a neighbor of mine. Was one of the chasers a drug smuggler by chance? I have heard of this happening in many instances when dope dealers, and their accomplisses, were trying to act to cover a "Leak" in their "connections." I used to live in Rockford where a friend of mine, Gene Allen, had been placed in federal prison for years due to this.

He worked for a trucking company I think was the "New York Express." It went international.

From Mexico to Canada. Just a thought.

Kevin Kappler

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 12:03:03 PM
Reply: I think we may be mixing up "truck drivers."

The one who saw a girl in a car that resembled Kait's being chased at the location of the shooting earlier that evening was a totally innocent man making a dairy delivery. He reported that chase to APD, and they sent him home because the chase took place an hour before Kait was shot. Also, that witness saw Kait driving west, toward Sharon's house, not east, as she was when she was shot. It sounds as if the same people may have tried to chase her down twice that night, and the second time they got her.

But drug importation by trucks may play a part in this. At the time of Kait's death,(and very probably still today), drugs were being imported by truck from Mexico in huge wooden crates doused with chorine to avoid detection at the border and stored in warehouses in Albuquerque to be picked up by buyers in their own trucks. Many influential people and/or their relatives were involved. According to the Albuquerque Journal, Chuck Aragon, (brother of Manny Aragon, president pro tem of the NM State Senate), worked with a number of infamous smuggling organizations out of Mexico. At times he was associated with groups that moved 150,000 pounds of marijuana in one growing season.
Chuck Aragon was arrested out of state four months after Kait's murder and sentenced to 20 years in federal prison. He was released in the mid to late 1990s and now works for Bernalillo County.
Manny Aragon was never accused of any wrongdoing in connection with his brother's criminal activities.

Courage

Question: Hello Lois. I'm 19, so when you're daughter was murdered, I was only an infant. Naturally, I wasn't able to read any of your books for some time. But when I was about 6 (I LOVED to read at a young age, and you were my favorite author), I read all of your books that I knew of. Then I discovered "Who Killed My Daughter?" in my school's library. I saw your name, so of course I picked it up and checked it out, not yet knowing it was a true story (you see, I didn't read the cover just yet. I always did that right before I started reading it). Needless to say, when I discovered it was a true story, I was horrified...and now I make it a point to read it twice a year at least (for over 10 years). Yet I admired your courage. Not many people have the courage that you do: the courage to find the truth, no matter what the consequences may be. The courage to put your story out there. I greatly admire you, both as a writer, and a mother (though I'm a male, but I'm still hoping to be a father one day). I pray that you continue to have the courage to search for the truth. But more importantly, I pray that the person you refer to that has the last piece of the puzzle gets the courage to come forward in some way to reveal that last piece. You've given courage and hope to several people in your situation.

May God bless you with the answers that you've been seeking for so long.

With love,
Devlin

Asked on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 09:14:26 PM
Reply: You must have been a child prodigy, Devlin, to have read and understood a book like WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? at such a young age. In fact, I'm amazed that it would be in an elementary school library. Thank you for your prayers and kind words. As you say, we are waiting for that "one special person" to contact us with the final piece of the puzzle. I she or he, (why do I tend to think it's a "she"?) is out there and probably is reading this message board even as I type this.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next