Displaying 4781 - 4800 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 240 of 270)

real crimes website

Question: Absolutely ridiculous as to the apparent corruption of the NMPD. Unbelievable. After reading those cases (too many to count) that have had some type of cover-up involved, my heart goes out to all the victim's families and loved ones. And you are an undenying woman of strength. You have given many other mothers hope and incredible amount of "gusto" to never give up, no matter what. Thank you for all that you do and I sincerely hope you find your daughter's killer. I wish you peace, but most of all........JUSTICE.

~TXgirl

Asked on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 at 12:19:21 PM
Reply: Thank you for those encouraging words. I needed to hear them.

WJ

Question: Lois is not rude. she is direct, as i would be if put in this situation, and your inability to deal with directness is a character flaw common to individuals in our entitled-minded, passive agressive , morally-relative society.

Asked on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 at 04:45:13 AM
Reply: Well put!

What's the REAL cover??

Question: I just got through reading your book Who Killed My Daughter and my question is this--- Why wasn\'t anything actually done by the APD to solve Kait\'s murder??? I felt that certain detectives was \"protecting\" the Vietnamese gang(s) that were involved. I also felt that her boyfriend knew who shot her when he stated \"It\'s all my fault\". I have a great love for true crime books & mysteries and I knew when I saw this on, I had to read it. I pray that the higher ups will get their acts together and actually solve this case instead of trying to sweep it under a bush somewhere. Your book also opened my eyes on how local law enforcement treats certain people. I figure if they did it to the family of a very popular best selling author, they\'ll do it to anyone and everyone.

Amanda in Mississippi

Asked on Monday, December 11, 2006 at 10:25:11 PM
Reply: I, too, believe the boyfriend knows who shot her, as he was phoning people, saying, 'They shot Kait!" three hours before police informed him.

At this point, I believe the current new batch of police have been so brain-washed by the cops who were involved in the initial investigation that they truly DO believe it was a "random driveby shooting."

Question: Lois, when I was younger, I read your book about Kait. I was truly inspired on how you turned your grief into action. Later in my life I came to lose a child. I know you and Don are doing what you are because of your love for your daughter and I pray that you find the answers. I understand losing her is pain that will never go away. Finding out what happen will be part of the grief process.

If anyone with information is reading this, please... you may have children of your own. Think for just one second what losing them would be like. It sickens you to even try to fathom... even for that one second doesn\'t it? Try to understand this is what mothers and fathers of lost children feel like EVERY day. Find it in you to come forward with your information.

Asked on Monday, December 11, 2006 at 10:22:49 PM
Reply: I am so sorry for the loss of your child. It truly is the pain that never goes away.

I have a feeling that the person who finally comes forward with information that will solve this case for us will probably be a woman.

Response to WJ's Dec.11 entry and tribute to you

Question: Firstly, I want to chastise the poster, WJ, who posted the ridiculous and ludicrous comment about your attitude and being rude! Does he not read these postings? I have marveled at your fortitude and the difficulty factor involved in reading and answering these questions and posts. A month or more ago, I discovered this site and scrolled thru and read some posts. While many posters are truly sincere, there were some who posted hateful, arrogant comments and some that I took to be insulting and taunting. What patience you showed in responding.

On those that I read you were controlled and responded as if they were sincere and asked them to contact you if they had information. These I'm speaking of were some that were obviously taunting and cruel. I do not know how this poster can make the assertion that he did. I would tend to believe that he is one of those posters and this is merely another angle of sarcasm. He states he will not follow the case. Wow, what a disappointment. (but I bet he will). Obviously, he has his own issues and uses this as a forum.

On a personal note, I am a former high school English teacher and college admissions director who is now a K-12 guidance counselor. I had read your books, I recommended them as a teacher, and I reread them occasionally for pure enjoyment. You are a master storyteller and suspense weaver. I am saddened again thinking of your personal tragedy in the loss of your daughter and offer up a special prayer during this holiday season that a cold case miracle will occur and mete out the justice that is deserved.

Sincerely,

A Kansas educator...............many good wishes to you...........

Asked on Monday, December 11, 2006 at 08:30:26 PM
Reply: Thank you for your compassionate post. I'm guessing that poster may be the boy who was using this message board to ask one of the girls in his class to go to bed with him. I probably WAS rude when I responded.

your attitude

Question: I am truly sorry to hear of your daughters murderer (s) not being caught. I vaguely remember hearing of her death all these years ago. I truly sympathize. I also understand that this is so hard and frustrating for your family. What I dont understand is your attitude towards people writing messages to you. At times you seem almost rude. Is is understandable that you are stressed and frustrated. It is not acceptable to me that you have a bad attitude towards those writing in to you and offering prayers and support. I for one hope your daughter gets justice, but will not follow this case anymore because of your attitude.
Respectfully,
WJ

Asked on Monday, December 11, 2006 at 06:05:07 PM
Reply: I'm sorry you feel that way. I've assumed that if people ask direct questions, they want direct answers.

i love your books!!!

Question: i have read a lot of your your books and i think they are great!How do you come up with the ideas for your books?My favorite books are I Know What You Did Last Summer and Stranger With My Face. I just rented the movie i know what you did last summer.

did you write a book called i still know what you did last summer because i saw a movie of it at the local blockbusters.

Asked on Sunday, December 10, 2006 at 07:00:54 AM
Reply: This message board is devoted to Kait's homicide case, and I'd prefer not to discuss my novels on this message board. If you want to contact me about books other than WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, please, do so through my "Lois Duncan" web site.

i know how you feel

Question: in your book who killed my daughter, you said that you felt like you should tie here down and not let her go. what made you think that? and why did you not listen to that little voice?

i sorry for being so rude. but i know how you feel. and they found my brothers murderer, but it does not help. it does not bring him back.

the last thing i said to my brother was that i hated him.i remember saying that and then that dreded phone call. no matter how tuff you are you cant forget that phone call were those people say that your loved one has just been...been...hurt. and they are on a ventalater.

so i had a girl friend drive me to the hospital, and when i got there, that look that the doctor gives you. you cant forget that either.the first thing they did after giving me that look as i watch his chest go up and down not willing to eccept that i know what the doctor was going to ask me.

and he did. he said if you sign these papers, we can take him off life support and let him pass peacefully.i said give him two days, but nothing improved, so i took him off.

he had knife taken to him at a bar when he was on vacation in san fransisco.

Asked on Saturday, December 09, 2006 at 10:04:04 AM
Reply: I'm so sorry about your brother. I understand what you went through, and it breaks my heart.

To answer your question, at times, every mother gets attacks of irrational nervousness about the safety of her. Most of the time they're unwarrented. We can't give into those, or we'd become so paranoid we'd keep our children in cages.

Kait was 18, a high school graduate, self-supporting, and living in her own apartment. I could not have controlled how she spent her evening. But, if I HAD tied her up and kept her from going out that night, she would have been killed the next night. They were going to get her, one way or another. The only hope for her would have been to have told us everything that was going on. Perhaps we would have been able to smuggle her out of town without the preditors catching on until it was too late.

no sub

Question: i can not come to my sences after reading your book. it is heart-breaking to here that you have to live every day of your life knowing that your daughters murderer is still out there. i know you will just say thank you for your consideration, but no one should have to live with this pain every single day. even if they were to put dung in jail,you would still feel the guilt. i am still very young, but after reading your book it has brought me to the reality that it can happen.

I appologize for bringing up your sorrow past,

sarah from indiana

Asked on Saturday, December 09, 2006 at 09:45:14 AM
Reply: It's true, "no one should have to live with this pain every single day." But many people do. Far more than you would ever imagine. Please, visit the Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com, and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Answered by: Kait's mom

The Holiday

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
I just found your site. In the back of my memory I remember your daughters murder. I can't tell you how sorry I am to know that so many years have passed and her murderer (s) remain free. Especially, due to Police Corruption.

Nine months ago today, my nephew whom I helped raise was murdered. His death devasted me and our family. It My nephews case remains unsloved. I call his detective every two weeks. I try to ensure they always know we will never rest until his killer is brought to justice. They tell me, not to lose hope, that years can pass and they find justice, how can they tell me that? What do I care that years can pass and they'll find him. I want him caught, today NOW. His murderer Celebrates the Holiday\'s.

How do you do it? Knowing that his killer celebrates them and my nephew does not, gives me grief and immense anger. I have a small nine year-old and because of her I decorate by gifts, but though I try to hide it from I cry every day. She and he were so close that his death destroy her little heart and I feel guilt when she sees me cry. His birthday is on the 27 of December and I've planned a small dinner in his memory. I pray at his grave for a closure I know will never come. I do have a support group, as I joined a local chapter of Parents Of Murdered Children. And they have been a salvation to me.

All I can say to you, is if my nephews death has hurt me so terribly. I can only imagine what your daughters has done for you. To loose a child is truly the most horrible pain imagineable. Yet, I want you to know your strength is ispiring to people like. Thank you!

Many Blessings to you
Sandy
California

Asked on Friday, December 08, 2006 at 01:22:42 PM
Reply: I'm so sorry about your nephew. You're right, Christmas is a very difficult time of year for those who have lost loved ones. The other night we watched a video of Kait's last Christmas, and everythiing was so happy and normal. Theere I am, wearing a Santa hat, unwrapping the last gift she would ever give me, with Kait, eagerly watching my face to see my reaction. It was three little wooden elephant heads, with their trunks thrust out, to hold dish cloths or pot holders. We couldn't possibly have guessed that, seven months later, she would be gone. Those elephant heads are on the wall in my kitchen right now. They're almost as old now as Kait was when she died.

Lois

Question: hi. my name is Jacy Walsh. I live in Lewiston, Idaho. I am your biggest fan and right now I am reading Gallows Hill again. I just got done reading Who Killed My Daughter. I have a lot of possible answers to this but i am not sure how to put it so if you can email me at seczymama@hotmail.com that would be great.

Asked on Thursday, December 07, 2006 at 11:00:41 AM
Reply: It means a lot that you care about us, Jacy, but I really don't think you should be involving yourself in this at your age. Think about happier things.

suspect charged in est side teen killings

Question: Did you hear that a suspect was finally charged with murder in the East Mountain killings of three teens? I believe that it was posted on your real crimes site. Two people close to the murderer finally came forward after all these years.
I hope this proves that it is never too late to solve your daughter's
murder even after all these years. Someone must come forward....somehow...sometime!!!

God Bless,
Margaraet in Albuquerque

Asked on Thursday, December 07, 2006 at 10:19:28 AM
Reply: Yes, I have been keeping up with that heartbreaking case, via Albq. newspapers on-line. I know and like Joan Shirley, Kevin's mother, and she and the mothers of the other two murdered boys have stood strong and true, supporting each other, throughout this terrible ordeal.

They were fortunate, (if anyone with a murdered child can be considered "fortunate"), in having honest and dedicated detectives from the sheriff's department working that case.

I hope they've found the true killer and that the evidence will hold up in court.

I hope you r OK! im so sorry!!

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
I read your book a little while ago, and was completely heart broken!I know thatyou have had time to getused to the fact, but I would be so scared!You are a role model!!Kait was lucky to have you as a mom. I am very sorry.
I am in 7th grade and love your books! I have read over 3 already in the pass like, 3 weeks! Right now I am working on Third Eye it is genius!!
Right now all I would like to ask is...How did you handle it?? would hardly be able to eat if I was in your position.
from: teary eyes

Asked on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 06:16:20 PM
Reply: People cope with life as it comes and do what they have to do.

Sorry to bug again!

Question: Well hello ms.Duncan its me patsy again well first off i would like to say thank you for answering my question it was a big help i couldnt find any information on the places youve lived well thanx for answering me but if its not to much to ask for i have another question i need to know the school or schools you attended from k-12 i also need to know what caused you to choose the genre of your books that youve written and last how events in your life are written about in the books(ransom, locked in time,dont look behind you) these are the books im using for my term paper.i know that you have more important things to do than answering all of my questions but i really need the help thanx ms. Duncan and God bless you!

Asked on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 05:36:32 PM
Reply: I'd like to confine this message board to discussion of Kait's case. I have a "Lois Duncan" web site with an e-mail envelope, and you can contact me directly from there with questions about my novels.

Your Book

Question: Can i please have an excerpt of the first page of your book? it was very good and i hope you will find the murderer.

Asked on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 04:18:49 PM
Reply: If you've read the book, you don't need for me to post an excerpt. However, you will find excerpts from the sequel, THE TALLY KEEPER, linked to the home page.

i am truly sorry!

Question: hi! my name is lynsay girts. i am in the 8th grade and although i havent finished reading your book (yet) my heart has been touched! for school we had to read a informational book (non-fiction) and so i asked the librarian to help me find a book that i would like and i wouldnt get bored in the middle of it! and so far.with your book it has been very "sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat" type of feeling! i am very sorry about your daughter! i probley cant even image what it was like to reliaze that your daughter has die! i have 3 siblings (i am the oldest) and even thought they arent my children if somthing was to happen to them i would be the same way you are with with kait! i wish you luck on finding the killer! i will let you know when i finish the book.if you would possibley be able to email me back my email is lynsaylou2@yahoo.com! we are supposed to fish our books by december 15th so i will email you around there! thank you for your time! keep your chin high! and remember that God is always with you and watching over you.maybe God had a purpose for Kaits death.He works in mysterious ways! Your BIGGEST FAN! Lynsay

Asked on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 12:48:00 PM
Reply: The idea of a Divine Purpose behind Kait's murder is not easy for me to accept. But, as with everything else, I cannot totally discount it.

HellO!

Question: Hi! im a senior in high school my name is patsy and im doing my term paper on you and im finding trouble finding some information i would like to ask for your help i need to know the places you have lived during your life it would be alot of help to me thank you very much if you need a place to contact me my e-mail address is pml_princess@hotmail.com and i would also like to say that i hope your holidays are full of joy!

Asked on Monday, December 04, 2006 at 09:07:37 PM
Reply: I was born in Pennsylvania, grew up in Florida, and lived most of my adult life in New Mexico and North Carolina.

hi

Question: Ms. Duncan,
was kait's middle name Duncan? jw, oh ya i was just thinking how funny it was that Dung lived up to his name, pun intended.

Asked on Monday, December 04, 2006 at 04:00:42 PM
Reply: No, Kait's middle name wasn't "Duncan." My older son, Brett, is the one who received that as his middle name.

In Vietnamese, "Dung" is pronounced "Yune."

i'm so sorry

Question: well this is not a question. i would like to say that i\'m a big fan of reading and an even bigger fan of your books.i\'m in the ninth grade now but i read most of your books including Who Killed My Daughter?, my 7th and 8th grade years. i would also like to say that i\'m so very sorry about what happened to your daughter, and i can\'t say that i know how you feel because i don\'t and won\'t ever until i actually go through the same experiences, but i can say that i can\'t relate to your kpain because my mother died when i was nine months.i love you and God loves you so keep your head up.
{from: strawberryjuice2005@hotmail.com}

Asked on Monday, December 04, 2006 at 01:18:15 PM
Reply: How sad for you, to have to grow up without your birth mother. I hope there has been another loving woman in your life to help raise and care for you.

OH I JUST FOUND SOMETHING OUT

Question: IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW MRS.DUNCAN. THAT GUY NAMED ROBERT WAS BEING BULLIED BY THE POLICE TO MAKE HIM SAY THAT MIGUEL AND JUVE WERE GUILTY, BUT THE POLICE WERENT HONEST EITHER. THEY HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS WHOLE THING SO THEY JUST WANTED SOME SPANISH GUYS WHO LOOKED GUILTY TO BECOME GUILTY OF SOMETHING THAT I THINK THEY DIDNT EVEN DO. THEY WERE PROBABLY FRIENDS WITH THE VIETNAMESE GANGSTERS AND DIDNT WANT TO GET THEM INTO TROUBLE. I HOPE WHAT I SAID MAKES A LITTLE SENSE.

Asked on Sunday, December 03, 2006 at 05:18:05 PM
Reply: Not "a little." A LOT!

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next