Displaying 4741 - 4760 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 238 of 275)

physical description

Question: Lois Duncan, the author of Who Killed My Daughter, describes kaitlyn as the sweetest girl ever. I read you book and I absolutely love it. I'm trying to get all my friends to read it as well. I'm even doing a report on unsolved murders. Kaitlyn Arquette is one of my murders I'm explaining. Do you think you could give me any physical description of Kaitlyn?

hair color
eye color
skin color
height
???
Your a fantastic person, and your daughter did not deserve to die.

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 11:43:04 AM
Reply: Although we loved her with all our hearts and I would have given my life for her, I don't think any of us in the family would describe her as "the sweetest girl ever." "Sweet" isn't the right adjective. She had many great qualities -- loving and fun and smart and ambitious and loyal (maybe over-loyal)to her friends -- but she was also a typical teenager, who was going through a stage of rebellion. She made some mistakes and withheld things from us that turned out to be more important than she realized. And she trusted all the wrong people. If she had been allowed to grow up and take her place in the world as an adult, I believe she would have done some wonderful things for humanity. Her goal was to become a doctor.

Physically:
She was about five foot, seven inches. Blonde. Green eyes. Perfect complexion -- (she never had acne) -- and perfect teeth -- (she never had a cavity). And she had a dimple high on her left cheek, in a place where no dimple should be. We jokingly called it "God's fingerprint." That dimple turned out to be like a little bull's eye. The first bullet struck it directly.

the organ transplant

Question: I just read your new book, Seasons of the Heart, which I ordered from Amazon.com. That information about Kait's memories being transplanted along with her organs wasn't in Who Killed My Daughter! That's the most incredible thing I ever heard of. Why didn't you write about it in who Killed My Daughter?

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 11:07:45 AM
Reply: It wasn't in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? because, at the time I wrote that book, I didn't know about it. The organ recipient's mother didn't contact me until several years later. That's also about the time I read the article by the nurse.

Election

Question: Could it be possible that a huge illegal fund raising effort is in place to siphon public works project funds and drug money with the end goal of providing funds for the 2008 election race?

It seems so strange that we havent heard anything about the sealed indictments against prominant democrats, iglesius is fired, then starts a scandel in washington because dominici and wilson were allegedly pressuring him to do his job with respect to the obviously corrupt NM power structure. I bet he fears for his life and has been afraid to do what is necessary to bring down these democrats.

what exactly constitutes justification for not unsealing an indictment?

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 06:24:18 AM
Reply: I don't know enough about either politics or the law to be able to respond to those questions.

Kait'

Question: Do you really know who killed your daughter? Do you think it is weird that your books realate to your real life? Was the sykic you saw freaky or was she normal?

Asked on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 03:29:37 PM
Reply: No, we don't know who pulled the trigger(s). Three times. Apparently, using guns of two different calibers. That fact causes us to think there were two shooters.

Yes, that's "weird."

The psychics we consulted seemed as normal as anybody else. Everyday people. They just happened to have a particular talent, like people who are gifted in art or music or writing or math or woodworking or computers or anything else.

kait

Question: what happen to kait.

Asked on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 08:03:56 AM
Reply: She was shot to death.

i am really sorry

Question: i'm a 14yr old and i just started reading your novel when one day i came across reading the novel on your daughter. i am really sorry for your loss and i pray to god that may you and your family find the murderers of your beloved daughter. one again i am sorry and god bless your whole family

Asked on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 12:48:34 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet message.

The Tally Keeper

Question: Did I understand you correctly, is the "Tally Keeper" finished and about to be published?

Asked on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 03:10:45 PM
Reply: The sequel, THE TALLY KEEPER, is written up to the point where we are today. More can still be added as new information is given us or uncovered by our private investigators.

No, it's not "about to be published." We need to find just the right publisher for this book, one who will not be intimidated by the controversial content. That may take a while, or it may happen immediately. Publishing is a business, and publishers have their own agendas.

HI.....

Question: HI MY NAME IS LILLY IM 14 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE NEVER LIKED TO READ.....UNTIL THE STORY ABOUT KAIT. IT MADE ME RELIZE THE TRUE DANGERS IN THE WORLD AND NOT ALL THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE WE WISH THEY WOULD. I WILL PRAY THAT U DON ROBBIN AND THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY WILL FINALLY KNOW THE TRUTH. WITH LUV AND PRAYERS LILLY.

Asked on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 12:12:35 PM
Reply: Bless you, Lilly. That is exactly the message young readers should get from this book.

Theme

Question: What would the theme of your book be?

Asked on Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 04:53:41 PM
Reply: THE TALLY KEEPER will start where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? left off and will cover all that's happened since that first book was published in 1992.

And, believe me, A LOT has happened!!!!

The case

Question: After all these years of looking for justice and trying to find her murderers do you still look and have hope that you'll find them?

Asked on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 09:21:10 PM
Reply: Yes. Because we're very close to the answer. All it will take is for one ethical person with inside knowledge to make the decision to contact us. When he/she does that, our PI's will follow up on his/her information and confirm it on their own, while keeping the informant's identity confidential.

That's more likely to happen today than it was when Kait was murdered, because over the years loyalties change, lovers (who learned things through pillow talk) become bitter ex-lovers, honest cops retire or quit the force and are no longer bound by the Blue Code of Silence, frightened people gain courage, weak people gain strength, and lost people find God.

I feel in my heart that one of those people is going to decide, "Enough is enough -- this family needs closure!" -- and reach out to us.

Our e-mail address is loisduncan@arquettes.com. Our mailing address is: Arquettes, c/o PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

Kate Arquette

Question: Have you asked Allison Dubois for a reading or to possibly help with news that could bring Kate\'s killer to justice. I\'ve followed your daughter\'s tragedy for many years and have wondered if you\'ve looked into a reading. She does spend a lot of her time working with law inforcement to do just that. When I watch Patricia Arquette portray Allison on the TV show \"Medium\" I often think of your daughter.

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 04:42:28 PM
Reply: I appreciate the suggestion, but I think we've consulted enough psychics. The ones we consulted were extremely helpful in steering us toward information we were later able to confirm.

But information from psychics carries no weight when dealing with law enforcement. Right now we're at a point where we need concrete evidence that can be used in court.

Kait

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I just finished your book and am so sorry for your loss. I am a mother myself and could not imagine the pain you must feel. I can only pray that justice will come to those who are involved. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Best of luck to you on solving this case.
Best wishes

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 03:46:49 PM
Reply: Thank you for your caring and your prayers.

fantasy and reality?

Question: Might what you talked about below, kids\' inability to separate TV fiction from reality, have been a factor in Kait\'s death?

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 03:26:43 PM
Reply: That's possible.

Kait had never experienced violence, (unless it occurred in her relationship with Dung, and she didn't tell us.) We never even spanked our children -- they did "time out" or were grounded. It certainly wouldn't have occurred to Kait that breaking up with a boyfriend -- for whatever reason -- might put her in a position to be murdered.

kait

Question: I just read Kait's story. I could not put it down!

Do you think you are any closer to finding the murderers?
Is it still an "open" investigation?

I feel so connected to your family so I must ask:
How is your husband Don?
How is Brett? Robin? Donnie? Kerry?

I have a feeling many will be following this case for a very very long time. Someone will figure this out and you and your family will have complete closure with no unanswered questions.

Take care

Asked on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 09:40:46 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring about the rest of our family.

The loss of their "baby sister" affected all of our children greatly, but enough time has passed so they have moved on with their lives, despite bouts of depression. We're scattered about the country but, on the anniversary of Kait's death, we all light candles at exactly the same moment to bring light to her spirit and assure her that, in our hearts, she has never left us.

After my book came out, Don took early retirement and we left New Mexico. He's involved in numerous church activities and is a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.

I'm still writing, though not with the intensity I used to. I'm devoting more time these days to volunteer work. My professional web site is loisduncan.arquettes.com. (No www.)

Robin and Brett both got married. Brett is Chief Technology Officer for one of the largest Circuit Court Systems in Florida. (If you remember from my book, he was working sound for a rock band at the time of Kait's death. The loss of his sister made him realize how "iffy" life is and inspired him to utilize all his abilities to the fullest.) He and his wife have three small children. Brett's URL is brett.arquettes.com. (No www.)

Robin works for a newspaper and also creates musical tapes and CDs for children. You can listen to those on her web site at www.lullabysongs.net. The song, "Ship in the Night," on the "Songs from Dreamland" tape was played at Kait's funeral. Robin's husband is a publisher of Fine Woodworking Magazine.

Kerry and her art director launched their own publishing company, Cantata. Their web site is at www.cantatabooks.com. Although they're now branching out, they specialize in books on scrapbooking. Their books are truly amazing, and Kerry does all the writing.

Donnie works as a locksmith and is also an artist.

kaitlyn arquette

Question: dear mrs. arquette i just recently finished reading your book and iwas astounded at all the information that you were able to obtain on your own. this story has touhed my heart you are truly one of the most bravest and strongest woman. my question is about the night that kate came over to your house before she was murdered did you sense that she might be murdered is that why you wanted to say something to her but didnt? i myself do believe in the psychic ability and what it has to offer. and i truly hope for your sake and your familys that you find the monsters who did this, in my opinion thats exactly what they are i wish you and your family the best of luck and i will pray for you.

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 03:16:10 PM
Reply: It never entered my head that she might be murdered. Our lives had never before been touched by violence, and I didn't know her boyfriend's group was involved in illegal activity.

However, I felt uneasy, without knowing why. A mother's intuition, but nothing to base it on.

To: If Only and James

Question: This message board should be only for questions relevant to the case or information regarding leads to solving the case.

It's not meant to be a "critique" board or bashing board. Please respect the Arquette's!

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 01:49:18 PM
Reply: One thing we need to remember, though, is that high school and junior high students sometimes post on this message board. (I don't mean to imply that that's true in this particular case, but it does often happen.)

I wrote WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? for adults, to motivate informants and prevent the facts of the case from becoming buried, but, to my surprise, it's been embraced by young people, who recognize my name from my teenage suspense novels. WKMD is on school reading lists and has won "Young Readers Awards," and students are often given an assignment to "contact the author of your favorite book and ask him/her questions." Sometimes those kids have a hard time realizing that Kait's story is not fiction, like my other books. Their questions may not seem appropriate, but they're well intentioned.

One additional observation I'd like to make, (I'm so glad you gave me an opportunity to say this); Kids today are conditioned by television to regard murder as entertainment. They see an actor with his brains blown out on one show, and on another show, there he is, hale and healthy, back in the fray. At a sub-conscious level, they don't think of violent death as REAL. I've received many letters from students, writing reports on WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, who ask me, "Why didn't you make a happy ending?"

To James

Question: There is no such thing as a pointless question. How would you even know what would and wouldn't make other people's lives easier? And by the way this site isn't at all about what you or others might think. So think before you answer Mrs. Arquette's quetions, and stop criticizing other people's thoughts or questions. Sorry mrs. Arquette if you thought my question was unnessesary.

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 11:01:09 AM
Reply: Don't worry about it. James was being protective of me, which was kind of him, but your question didn't upset me.

to \"If Only\"

Question: Ok first of all that question was not even nessesary. I mean if it was infact a random shooting, that would be worse because the family would have to live with the fact that someone killed their daughter for no reason at all, no motive. So think before you ask a pointless question..don\'t you think that she deals with enough everyday, and then have to go answer questions like that. As for you Ms. Duncan i have a question, What happened to Sharon Smith, have you heard from her? Does she stay in contact with you, did you ever find out what really happened to her arm?\"

James

Asked on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 09:15:11 AM
Reply: We haven't heard from Sharon for many years. She would not sign the release forms to allow us to review her Emergency Room records, so we can't say for sure what really happened to her arm.

At one point she sent me an e-mail accusing me of annonymously sending her threatening letters. I assured her, truthfully, that I never would do such a thing. I think she believed me. She said the most frightening thing about the letters was that they were mailed from many different places, and they all were places she had just visited, so she thought she was being stalked. If so, that really is scary.

If only

Question: Have you ever wondered what would have happened if your daughter's shooting was in fact random? Do you think your life would be any easier?
Good luck in searching for Kait's killer, and God be with you through all of your times of grief.

Asked on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 06:08:24 PM
Reply: No, our lives would not be any easier if Kait had been the victim of a random shooting. she would still be dead.

New book

Question: Hello, i would like to ask you if you have or are going to write another book about what has happened since "Who killed my daughter?"? Have you found out anything major about Kait's murder since? Or will you hold off writing another book until you find Kait's killer? I am also wondering what you are currently working on. I am sincerely sorry, and would be very grateful if you would answer my questions. Thank you.

Asked on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 05:58:47 PM
Reply: Yes, I've written a sequel, but it has not yet been published. It will be titled THE TALLY KEEPER and you'll find links to some of the chapters in the menu on Kait's home page.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next