Displaying 4721 - 4740 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 237 of 275)

Great

Question: Oh, I think this is the neatest thing that people can post messages and can talk to you and you can reply! I love it! Thanks for your reply's and i'll probably be asking more things about the book! Thank You SOOOO much! I think this is awesome that you can talk to a worldwide author!
-Erin

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 05:18:03 PM
Reply: I appreciate your interest, but, in general, I would prefer that students who are seeking information for school projects go to my "Lois Duncan" web site and send me a personal e-mail from there. That way I'll respond more appropriately to your questions.

Hi, again

Question: In the book you said Kait\'s girlfriend\'s name was Susan Smith, but on this site it said it was Sharon Smith. What is her real name??????????

Is there any way to become a pen pal with you? Please tell me!

Sherilyn Harper

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 05:00:24 PM
Reply: In the front of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? I say, "This is a true story ... the facts are documented, (but) several names have been changed." I changed those names to protect the privacy of Kait's friends, who were not involved in any way in the case, other than that they were grieving.

Sharon's name was one that I changed, because, at the time I wrote the book, I believed she was that kind of friend. I now have reason to suspect otherwise. So, on this Web site, I'm using her real name, so that people who knew her will recognize who I'm talking about. It's possible Sharon may have shared information with those people, and they may be motivated to contact us.

I'm sorry, but I can't become a pen pal. It's hard enough to find time to write to my own family members.

Hi

Question: I'm currently reading your book and I'm truly facinated! I love all your fiction books and this one is by far the best. Although it is sad, I'm now realizing that stuff like this really does happen. I never really thought about it like that before.
Are you currently working on another book? You should, you are my favorite author.
Do you dedicate books to people you've never met who wrote you a message? Because if you do, I would like you to dedicate on to me, my name is Sherilyn Harper! I would be honored.
I love your work and am truly sorry about what happened in 1989, it must be so hard, but I admire you so much for not giving up! You truly are an inspiration!! When I grow up I hope I can be as stong and inspiring as you are!!
With love
Your number one fan
Sherilyn Harper

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:44:51 PM
Reply: Thank you for your message.

My new book is titled SEASONS OF THE HEART, and it's not a suspense novel. You can read about it on my "Lois Duncan" web site at loisduncan.arquettes.com, (there's no www in that URL).

I dedicate books to family and very close friends. THE TALLY KEEPER is going to be dedicated to "Kait's Army," which will include all the good people who have helped us investigate this case.

hi again

Question: the message that asked what the theme and climax of the story wasn't written by me (erin) just to let you know..... i just wanted to let you know that i'm not trying to get you to do the report for me and am a very good student that gets all a's and is salutatorian of of our class and my twin is valedictorian. I think you're site is very neat in that people can ask you things and you can actually reply to what they're asking. the two questions that i asked i very much respect your saying that you cannot tell me what the investigators names were..... that was very wise and i am definately not offended! Thank you!!!!
-Erin - 13 yrs. old

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:30:38 PM
Reply: Erin, you've made my day! What a thoughtful and courteous message to receive from a student! Thank you.

Dung

Question: When thinking of dung does he scare you in any way? do you know where he is now, and are you still concerned that he's involved in katilyn's killing?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 04:25:03 PM
Reply: Dung has never scared me. During the two years he dated Kait he was in and out of our house all the time, ate most of his meals there, and called me "Mom," because he missed his own mom back in Vietnam. I feel sure he liked me.

I don't know where he is now.

I don't think he killed Kait or wanted her killed. My personal belief is that he was involved in illegal activities that Kait learned about, and that her knowledge of those activities caused her to be killed.

I believe Dung knows exactly what happened and is afraid to speak out. But I don't think he killed her.

names???

Question: i noticed that your name is lois DUNCAN however katilyns last name is arquette. this may be a stupid question but why are the last names different? was kait adopted?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 03:41:39 PM
Reply: My name at birth was Lois Duncan Steinmet. I was named after my mother -- Lois Steinmetz. When I started selling stories to magazines, I didn't want everyone to think Mother wrote them, so I started using my middle name (which was my grandmother's maiden name) as a pen name.

I'd written many books under the name "Lois Duncan" by the time I married Don Arquette. I couldn't afford to lose my professional identity as "Lois Duncan," so I continued to use that as my professional name. Socially I'm Mrs. Don Arquette or "Lois Duncan Arquette."

Kait definitely was not adopted. Don and I made her together.

Setting of story

Question: hi, its erin again, and for my book report i am to describe the setting with very much description. is there any way you can tell me from our personal experience what the setting looked like. i know it told you throughout the story, however, more detail from a personal experience would be even better. I'm going very in depth for this book report because this is a very interesting book that is a true challenge. Thank you very much!

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 03:01:11 PM
Reply: Your teacher apparently wants you to do research for your report. You know from my book where we lived at the time Kait was killed. Research that area on the Internet.

Book Report.

Question: My Name Is Erin and I live in New Mexico also. I'm 13 Years old and I was assigned this book for my English class for my book report. I really enjoyed it!~ Your a very strong and brave mom. Which detective was the most helpful for you? I think it would be great to have some personal input for my book report! Thank you! God Bless!~
-Erin.

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:39:38 PM
Reply: No detective at the Albuquerque Police Department was helpful.

Several private investigators have been very helpful, but I'd rather not post their identities.

theme and climax

Question: I'm sorry, I know this is kinda off topic but you would be the best person to help me identify the theme and the climax in your book. Can you help?

Asked on Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:11:50 PM
Reply: No. I'm sorry. I can't do your book report for you.

last post

Question: Those 2 ideas sound like one in the same to me.

Asked on Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 12:07:02 PM
Reply: I understand what he means.

Did Kait lose her life because she broke up with Dung?

Or did she break up with Dung because she was afraid for her life?

Either way, the end result was the same.

Why Kait was killed

Question: There are two ways to look at this. From the timing, it's clear that Kait's breaking up with her Vietnamese boyfriend has a place in the picture. But what place was it?

What I mean is, did she decide to break up with the boyfriend before or after a plan was made to kill her? Two possibilities:

(1) Kait was killed because she broke up with the boyfriend, and therefore became a threat to illegal activities she'd learned about like the heroin smuggling.

(2) Kait learned about the heroin smuggling, refused to be part of it, and THAT CAUSED HER to break up with the boyfriend.

Asked on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 10:37:01 AM
Reply: You make a good point.

In the beginning we took it forgranted that her break-up with Dung was what caused her to be killed. But now, after all we've learned, your second suggestion makes more sense.

In my prayers

Question: I just finished your book Who Killed My Daugher and I have not read a book in a long time that I could not put down! All I read are non-fiction true stories and your writing is some of the best! I am now going to go back and read some of your fictional thrillers you have written.

I have never lost a child so although I cannot fully understand the impact it had on you and your family, you will forever be in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope that some day you find out the truth but just as you wrote in your book about Kait's feelings on the matter, these individuals will have to answer to a higher power for what they have done.

I too believe that those that have moved on can communicate with us and in fact have felt my grandmother letting me know she was watching over me. I whole heartedly believe that Kait has been in communication with you and your family and that she is with her grandparents now. You will be reunited with her one day and for that there is thankfulness!

God bless you and your family.

Asked on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 09:20:28 PM
Reply: Thank you for that kind message.

The Album

Question: I understood every word of that. Thank you for posting it. My own heart holds many such memories.

Asked on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 02:08:29 PM
Reply: Most hearts do.

please post a poem

Question: I've never read much poetry because I don't understand it very well expecially if it doesn't rhyme. But I'm interested in Seasons of the Heart because its about your family and Kait. Could you please post one of the poems from the Winter section of the book after Kait died so I can see how hard it is to read?

Asked on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 10:20:40 AM
Reply: THE ALBUM

As the winter closes in
We sit close again,
Turning pages of the years,
Pausing now and then

To recall a magic time
Or a special place.
Springtime sunlight leaps at us
From a smiling face.

Summer laughter rings anew,
Mixed with autumn tears.
Seasons blend and mesh and blur
With the flying years.

Guard the album of the heart.
There the memories are--
Gentle as the drifting snow,
Holy as a star.

(copyright, Lois Duncan, 2007)

Answered by: Kait's Mom, Lois Duncan

Birthday

Question: Thank you so much for your help with Kaits physical description! By any chance, are you comfortable giving out her birthday?

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 05:24:14 PM
Reply: September 18, 1970.

Seasons of the Heart

Question: I am trying to buy your book Seasons of the Heart. There is a book on Amazon with that title, but it is a book of poems. But you wrote on the message board that it is a book about your whole life. Please help!

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 03:31:57 PM
Reply: It's both.

From early childhood, I chronicled the events of my life in verse. Although I based my career on writing suspense novels, I continued to fill notebooks with poetry, which I kept stuck away in a drawer.

Readers who grew up reading "Lois Duncan books" have been urging me to write my autobiography. That task seemed formidable until I began to leaf through those notebooks and found myself in every season of my life -- Springtime (as a child); Summer (as a young mother), Autumn (at the peak of my career), and, of course, Winter (as the mother of a murdered daughter). Without realizing it, I wrote my autobiograhy as I lived it.

SEASONS OF THE HEART is a collection of those poems, divided into seasons, interspersed with narrative about what was going on in my life at those times. It also contains photographs. The "Winter" section is devoted to Kait's death.

This book is available only from on-line bookstores like Amazon.com or Barnesandnoble.com. To order it, you need to search for "Seasons of the Heart by Lois Duncan." There are so many books with the words "seasons" and "heart" in the title that it's hard to locate it by author or title alone. You need to type in both.

hElLo

Question: Hi, i am just writting to say that i have just finished readin ur book. I absolutely LOVED it. its one of the best books i have read probably in my intire life and i have read alot of book. most of them were yours. i dont know how it feels first hand to have someone that close to me die but i know that it hurts worse to have a daughter die. as i was reading this book it helped me realize the evil in this world and that sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.. you are a terrific writer and i pray that God helps you with this and i pray that you and your family just keep fighting. i hope you find ur daughters killer. oh and if you dont mind me asking. when will \"The Tally Keeper\" be published i would love to read that book as well. if you have any idea could u email me at cutelolodixiegal900@yahoo.com and again Bless you and your family. u are an outstanding person. i just hope you know that

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 12:03:14 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet message. I don't know when THE TALLY KEEPER will be published.

HeY

Question: Hey i a a 15 year old girl who lives in Tennessee i have just finished reading the book "who killed my daughter" and i was really fascinated at the fact that the mother "lois duncan" went through soo much to find out who did this to her daughter. i was only 3 when all of this happered but when i read the book i just had to find out more about the case! i dont think i can help the case (if it hadnt been soved already) but i do hope yall catch the killer and whoever else is involved! i am really sorry for what happened to her daughter...thats all i really wanted to say. thank you for you time.

Asked on Monday, March 19, 2007 at 11:48:36 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring about us and about Kait.

ORGAN TRANSPLANTS?

Question: What happened with the organ transplants? I read in Who Killed My Daughter that Kait was an organ doner, but what happened with the transplants? And what's the new book, seasons of the Heart? Is that a sequel to Who Killed My Daughter?

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 01:44:40 PM
Reply: SEASONS OF THE HEART is not a sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

SEASONS OF THE HEART is my newest book, available only from on-line book stores, and it concerns my whole life, not just Kait's death. It does contain the following information about Kait's organ transplant:

"Kait was an organ donor. Her heart and lungs went into the chest of a young optician from Santa Fe. When he emerged from recovery, he told his mother and a nurse about a dream he experienced about a frightened blonde girl being chased in a car by dark-complexioned men. Several years later, his mother contacted me to tell me about that dream and to give me the notes she took as her son described it. I also read an article about it written by the nurse. At the time of the transplant, there had been no way the organ recipient could have known a thing about the donor or the circumstances of her death. I've been told that the calls of the body contain memory. Kait's final memory appartnetly got transplanted along with her major organs."

Parent house

Question: Where did Kaitlyn live (the apartment)? Where did you and your husband live before you moved to the smaller house with Donnie? Address please, if possible.

Asked on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 12:13:56 PM
Reply: Kait lived in an apartment complex at 303 Alvarado SE, which was just south of Central Ave.

Our family home was on Dakota NE, one block north of the fairgrounds. I don't feel right posting the address on the Internet out of respect for the current owners.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next