Displaying 4621 - 4640 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 232 of 284)

Hello

Question: Hi, I was wondering if your family is going to post any new information reguarding your daughter's case on here? I've been praying for years that your family finds the answers you all so deserve. I understand, there may not be anything that you can post, however, I'm sure I dont just speak for myself, when I say that you are an amazing family! And God will take care of you, and who ever has done this horrible crime.

Asked on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at 09:45:53 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind words. We post as much as we can, but much of our new information is coming to us by private e-mail from tipsters who fear retailiation. We can't post anything that endangers them. However, we do have our PIs follow up on what they tell us. If we can verify that information on our own, through some outside source, without having to involve the tipsters, then we can post it.

i think.....

Question: i think that she was killed by a cop.

Asked on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at 07:31:02 AM
Reply: Do you have a particular reason for thinking that or is it just gut feeling?

mike vamp

Question: this question has been bugging me ever since i finished reading Who Killed My Daughter? about a year ago. now im into chapter 7 of Don't Look Behind You! and i was wondering how the psychic could have described MIKE VAMP a fiction character. that just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. i no that u probably don't no either, but i was just wondering. how a fiction character could be the killer of a real person. now i have read a lot of Nancy Drew mystery books, and i love the suspense,and im actually very good at solving the cases, but this is one case i just don't get.
your biggest mystery loving fan,
katie

Asked on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 06:36:06 PM
Reply: I agree, this is confusing to those of us who are not psychic. All I can do is tell you what I have been told by people who are (or who claim to be) psychic.

They say that information they receive psychically often comes to them in the form of images or symbols. For instance, in Chapter Eleven of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, when I asked psychic Betty Muench, "Would it be the right thing to turn all our information over to Mike Gallagher, investigative reporter?" she did a reading by automatic writing that said, "There is an image of a flatbed with a great bomb on it." As you can see from the copy of that reading in my book, she actually drew a sketch of that image on the corner of the page. She went on to say that the "bomb" was an image of Mike's energy, and he would "appear at first to be overkill" but would "cause some kind of intimidation" which would "cause a great headache" to those involved in the cover-up.

That's exactly what happened. Mike exploded the "random shooting" theory by doing his own investigation and writing an indepth story about his findings. That started events in motion that eventually led to charges against the Hispanc suspects being dropped. That caused APD "a great headache."

The image Noreen Renier received of "Mike Vamp" from my novel DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU is also symbolic. "Mike Vamp" was a hired hitman who worked for international drug smugglers. Noreen interprets the sketch the police artist drew of "Mike Vamp's" face as a symbol conveying the message that Kait was killed by a drug smuggler's hit man like the one in my book.

The Nancy Drew mysteries are fiction, and the authors make them simplistic because they're written for young readers. Real life doesn't follow the rules of plotted fiction. I wish that it did.

Kit

Question: What exactly happened to Kit?

Asked on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 07:45:31 AM
Reply: If you read the information on this Web site you will know.

E-Mail

Question: i have info 4 u.
i will tell u in private e-mail
what is it?

Asked on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 07:44:24 AM
Reply: You can click on the link to "Contact Us."

Kait

Question: I think that it's sad about your daughter...
I love your books...
What is the private email adress to talk to you?

Asked on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 07:43:25 AM
Reply: If you''d like to talk to me about my books, you can e-mail me from my professional "Lois Duncan" Web site at http://loisduncan.arquettes.com.

Kait

Question: was kait gay?

Asked on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 07:40:21 AM
Reply: No.

APD Officers

Question: I'm interested in the post about Officer Alex Marentes.

If he was a field officer processing the Arquette scene, why wouldn't he be officially documented as being present? Is there some reason he would not want his name on record?

Asked on Monday, September 03, 2007 at 10:49:41 AM
Reply: I have no idea.

[Rachael Lyn]

Question: I am from Iowa and I just read your book about you and your family. I cried numerous times while reading it and especially now that I finished it. I came to the internet to search about if it fact her murder was ever solved and sadly, I see it has not been. I just wanted you to know how much your book touched me and I wish nothing except for you and those who knew and loved Kaitlyn to one day know the truth.
Thanks for sharing your story, Rachael Lyn (Iowa)

Asked on Saturday, September 01, 2007 at 09:16:13 PM
Reply: And thanks to YOU for reading it, Rachael, and for posting such a nice message.

APD Officers

Question: I have been reading some of these posts and started to ask my husband some questions. My husband retired from the Albuquerque Police Department several years ago and knows some of the officers you mentioned. He was very reluctant to speak about the murder and at times was frustrated with my questions. This gave me the impression that perhaps there was something secret about the events and/or some cops were either afraid or trying to protect other people. I to this point I canít figure it out. In my opinion I think he private investigator you hired has done a poor job, as I have uncovered some interesting facts just by asking a couple of questions.

The bodyshop was a frequent hang-out for APD officers. Officer Mary Ann Wallace use to be a regular at the bodyshop and was very close to a lot of the officers there. Wallace criticized the investigation in the unset. During the murder she was girlfriend and roommate of Officer Alex Marentas. Marentas was a field investigator and on duty at the time of the murder. It is very likely that he assisted in processing the scene, this would be normal for such a scene, but not officially documented as being present. At the time he was also a very powerful union leader who had ties with Manny Aragon and would ultimately became President of the union.

Not sure if this is helpful, but somehow I think these facts seem important.

Asked on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 10:21:00 AM
Reply: Thank you for this information. Anything more you can find out would be greatly appreciated. If you're not comfortable posting it here, you can send it by personal e-mail. You're the kind of source we've been praying for.

Communicate with Kait?

Question: I have just finished your book and feel so badly for your family. I have never heard of this case before probably because I was only 9 at the time and that I live in Pennsylvania. I do want to give my prayers and condolensces to the family and friends. God knows who killed your precious daughter and He will be the ultimate judge. I know that until the case is solved your family will have no closure. So I say to you keep going from day to day and know that in the end justice will be served if not on this earth then in Heaven. I do have one question, hopefully not already answered. Is Kait\'s mom able to communicate with Kait? I know that she said she felt her and had dreams from her. Peace be with you all.

Rachel

Asked on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 08:01:08 AM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words, Rachel. I cannot communicate with Kait the way psychics claim to be able to do. But I hear her voice in the night and I've obtained information in dreams that has turned out to be startlingly accurate.

Response

Question: I am just stunned, Ms. Duncan, that something as significent as the bumper of her car being rammed was dismissed so easily. That in itself clearly shows intent to do harm and simply was no random drive by. Didn't I read that they determined the point of impact was 700 ft from where the car stopped at the light post? If Kait was hit from behind, instinct is to slam on the brakes to get control of the car. Could it be that the first shot was fired at her car, that being the hole in the side, while she was in motion as a warning shot to stop and when she does, the driver jumps out and fires the two shot at her, hitting her? After that, they do the clean up job on the car and leave. Also, has there ever been given a reason as to why Kait was left alone so that when the ambulance arrived, no one was there at all? That is certainly the strangest part of this case I've heard yet.

Asked on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 05:35:10 PM
Reply: Since we can't trust what's in the police reports -- (the fake NO EVIDENCE HOLD notice inserted, etc.) -- there's no reason to believe that Kait was shot 700 feet from where her car ended up. There's no evidence to support that as the site of the shooting. There is mention in police reports of "a large amount of broken glass" at that location, implying that it was glass from Kait's car window. However, no one collected that glass. No one photographed it. And we have yet to talk to any police officer who personally SAW it. It appears to have been a rumor that was started by somebody who wanted detectives and and others to think it was a "driveby shooting."

A reconstruction expert has told us that evidence indicates that Kait's car was forced off the road and she was shot while the car was stationery, AFTER it came to rest against the post. Then someone cleaned up whatever glass landed in the street at that location. (There's couldn't have been much such glass, since so much ended up inside the car.)

The Book

Question: Ms. Duncan,

I just finished your book on Kait\'s murder and I am in awe that I haven\'t heard of this case before now. I read it and I couldn\'t believe how many, many inconsistencies there were leading up to the night of her murder that the APD simply didn\'t follow up on. I know it was 1989 but still, there should have been some sort of forensic investigating for even that time. The crime scene itself told so much. The car in park, Kait\'s shoe outside on the ground, no bullets or casings. That screams cover up to me.

I am appalled at the way the whole case has been handled and I, as a mother now, but a teen myself in 1989, can only imagine the fight you have fought through the years to find justice for your beautiful daughter. I have a daughter myself and I can assure you that your fight has not been in vain, as I would do no less for my child. I applaud you and your continuous efforts to find who did this to Kait. A mother\'s love knows no bounds not even in death. My prayers and thoughts are with you always and I will keep checking for updates in hopes that one day the pieces of the puzzle will fit together and Kait\'s murderers will be brought down.

Lisa/Tennessee

Asked on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 12:29:36 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind message, Lisa.

Your statement that "even back in 1989 there should have been some kind of forensic investigating" is totally accurate. And there WAS! Those particular cops did a great job. But their findings were covered up.

According to Kait's case file, no evidence hold was placed on Kait's car, and it was towed directly from the scene to an impound yard. Because her blood and brains were pooled on the floor boards, we couldn't stand to look at it, much less drive it, and stupidly allowed them to dispose of it.

We later discovered that the "No Evidence Hold" notice was a decoy placed in the file to prevent people from knowing that there had been a second day work-up. The reports and photos from that workup were withheld from the case file and the negatives mysteriously disappeared from the photo lab.

We had to submit an Inspection of Public Records Act request to get copies of the scene photos, and it literally took years to get them. And we NEVER were given the ones from the second-day work-up -- just some badly lit nighttime shots taken at the scene. However, one of those shots showed damage to Kait's left rear bumper which had not been there earlier that day. That damage was compatible with the PIT Technique, which is used to force cars off the road. In other words, close-up photos of that bumper (which would have been included in the photos from the second-day work-up that vanished from the photo lab) would prove without a doubt that Kait's car was rammed from behind, forced across the median up onto the sidewalk and into a post, and she was shot by someone on foot. (Hardly a "random drive-by shooting.")

police corruption, cover-ups

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
Per your book, you wrote several letters to the FBI and received no response. I know that the bumbling APD will not consent to FBI involvement regarding Kait's murder, yet have you been able to get the FBI involved in the cover-ups and corruption that has been revealed since that time? If so, could a letter from a concerned and tax-paying person such as myself help in any way? I would be glad to send letters to the FBI
officials or any organizations involved with aiding your family's quest to find justice for your daughter. Please advise. I'm looking for the Tally Keeper. Best wishes to you and your family.
Jean Adams, Salinas, CA

Asked on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 01:52:43 AM
Reply: Thanks for the offer, Jean. But the FBI appears to have their own agenda. They have all the information about Kait's case and the last time we contacted them the agent we talked to said, "That case file is on my desk right now. We've been discussing it."

WHY were they discussing it after so many years? (Or was this agent telling me that just to get me off his back?) They may or may not be utilizing the information. Everything they do is secret.

Patrick Dunworth

Question: From a member of APD -- Dunworth was the supervisor of the Kaitlyn Arquette homicide case. He got dumped out of the department after the case fell through.

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 03:41:50 PM
Reply: Was that the REASON he got dumped out of APD? Or was it coincidental?

We never had any personal contact with Patrick Dunworth.

kait

Question: I was wondering does anyone know if Mr.Dunworth is still working with APD? I was looking on google, and it says their is a Patric Dunworth teaching criminal justice over at (T.V.I.) (C.N.M)

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 02:35:03 PM
Reply: No, he's no longer with APD.

Patrick Dunworth is not a common name, and that's the kind of job ex-cops get. So it's not unlikely that this is the same man.

It would be interesting if one of you who live in Albququerque signed up for that class. Then, as a student, you could ask Professor Dunworth if he was involved with the Kaitlyn Arquette homicide investigation and, if so, what were his views on that case and why.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: Lois,

my name is macey, i am 13 years young. i have just finished
reading who killed my daughter?.This is my favorite book of
all of your books you have written, and it actually made me cry
when i read the ending because if i was in your position i dont know
what ii would do. after i finished reading the first thing i thought Was
i wanna be the one to help close this case. i know i am very young
and my dream is to become something in the criminal career track. and
i hope that when i am old enogh you are around and i can finally figure
out who murdered your daughter and there exact motives. i hope u can
write me sometime.

email-superrstar300@yahoo.com

sincerely,
Macey

P.S.-whatever happened to dung

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 12:55:53 PM
Reply: Macey, you may be "very young", but you're also very wonderful. You are exactly the kind of person who is desperately needed in this messed up society.

Go, girl, go!!! And my love goes with you.

Who was the supervisor?

Question: You said you think Detective Gallegos just followed his supervisor's orders. Who was that supervisor?

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 07:59:54 AM
Reply: Sgt. Ruth Lowe was supposed to be supervising Gallegos's investigation, but I think she was cut out of the loop because she was a straight arrow. A lot of information was withheld from her.

The one with real control appears to have been Lt. Patrick Dunworth.

I don't know who was directing HIM.

Interested Reader

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan

My name is Bryndis and I'm 12 years old. I have read almost all your books and I think you are really good writer. I am really much into supernatural and mysteries, that's why I love your books.

I just started to read "Who killed my daughter?" and I think it's pretty good so far. I am on page 145 and I think Detective Gallegos is kind of suspicious because he didn't check on the phone numbers right away and he wasn't doing such a good job of being a detective.

But I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your daugter's murderer will be found. Fare well.

A big fan,
Bryndis (12), Iceland

Asked on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 06:08:17 PM
Reply: My own belief is that Detective Gallegos was simply following directions and doing what his supervisors told him. That's what cops are trained to do.

Do You?

Question: I'm a young writer from Texas, not yet discovered, but I'm gettin there. Where is her boyfriend Dung right now? They should have locked him up in prison I think! But do you keep in touch with all the friends of Kait's that she visited that night, and the original detectives ? You are my insperation when I write your books are fantastic! And I just hope they solve Kait's mystery!!

Asked on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 03:10:57 PM
Reply: I don't know where Dung is right now. After my book came out, he left Albuquerque and went to the Pacific Northwest until the dust settled. Then he returned to Albuquerque with another white girlfriend that people say looks like Kait. I've heard rumors that they're no longer together, but I don't know for sure.

No, we are not in touch with Sharon Smith (called "Susan" in my book) and the police want nothing to do with us.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next