Displaying 4601 - 4620 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 231 of 275)

HG1

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
I am truly sorry about what happened to your daughter.I would like to help and if you will let me I will certainly try.I am taking this very seriously.I would like to ask you and your family some questions.Whoever did this should and will be punished to the full extent of the law.
HG1

Asked on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:46:54 AM
Reply: Feel free to ask questions. I'll respond to them if I can.

So sorry

Question: i am soo sorry about what happened to your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family. I feel so mad at how the police are using so little effort for this case. Have you tried going to a police from somewhere else who would help you in this better? No matter what, I hope the case is solved soon and your family become peaceful and less grieved. And may Kate's soul rest in peace.

Asked on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 07:59:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind thoughts. We don't have the option of taking Kait's case to a different law enforcement agency. APD has jurisdiction and OWNS Kait's case. The only way an outside agency can become involved is if APD invites them in.

Oprah Winfrey

Question: Have you ever been asked to be on the Oprah Winfrey show? I was cleaining off my bookshelves and came across your book, "Who Killed My Daughter?". I thought to myself, I wonder if this case was ever solved. I remember feeling so sad as a young child reading your story. I am now 28. I searched the internet to find you still have not given up. What a remarable woman you are! I also read your comment as to Kait's story being old media news. That is when I thought of Oprah. I am a huge Oprah fan, only do not tune in, as I am a working wife and mother of 2. If you are not already, you should definately be on her book list.

Asked on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 04:21:01 PM
Reply: I would like nothing better than to have Kait's story in Oprah's book club. However, I'm told her book club selections are always new books.

When/if THE TALLY KEEPER is published, I hope she will consider it.

Interpol

Question: Dear Mrs Arquette,

I did a quick search on Interpol on got their website for you.

www.interpol.int

There's a link to the contact page. Telephone numbers, faxes, the works.
I don't know if they'll be able to help, but you never know.

Best wishes

Geraldine

Asked on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 01:54:12 PM
Reply: Thank you. I'll follow up on that.

Tally Keeper

Question: Yes, I guess you're right. It just sounded so good at the time though. But you're also right about ending it with what you have gathered so far. In that case, the Tally Keeper might not be the last book. Whatever you decide to do with your information, I'm sure God has a plan for it.

Asked on Monday, May 14, 2007 at 06:27:33 PM
Reply: I believe that also. I think I am being guided. (But I also believe that about all of us. We just have to follow our instincts and be open to that guidance.)

Happy Mother's Day

Question: Lois,

Wishing you a happy and blessed Mother's Day.

Asked on Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 05:07:02 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Have you Considered these options?

Question: Hi Mrs Arquette,

I had a few thoughts and wondered if you and your family have tried exploring the following options in regards to Kait's case:

1) Interpol - You mentioned on this site that a girl who worked for the same company as your daughter did, stumbled across a package of drugs from the orient? Couldn't you give all the evidence you've gathered over the years to Interpol as surely doesn't this fall under their jurisdiction? You can do a search for them on the net. I checked a few months ago and though they say that they work with your country's authorities, it also says if you think you should you can contact them direct.

2) What happened with the FBI? How come they've never followed up the case?

3) Suing the APD. What about a civil suit? Like what happened to O.J. Simpson?

I'm not a lawyer or anything, actually I'm not even an American (I'm writing from Ghana), so I don't know much about your legal system and what your rights are. But a friend of mine recently had death threats via the net from a family friend of hers in Holland, and she took all the evidence she had on him to Interpol here in Ghana and they treated the case with all seriousness and contacted Holland.

I don't know, it might be worth checking.

Sincerely,

Geraldine

Asked on Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 10:53:25 AM
Reply: I'm not an Internet literate person, and I've never heard of Interpol. Thanks to you, I will look into that.

The FBI has told us that they can't investigate Kait's murder because murder is not a federal offense.

We can't sue APD for the cover-up. The late Steve Schiff, United States Congressman from New Mexico, wote a letter to Attorney General Janet Reno, requesting that the Justice Department look into a possible police cover-up. The assistant attorney general of the Civil Rights Division responded that the federal five-year statute of limitations prohibited their doing that.

The Talley Keeper

Question: I just thought of something today that might help you find out the answers sooner rather than later.

Perhaps you should write an ending to the Talley Keeper that is fictional...something made up. Maybe this would bring the person or persons out of the dark and into the light.... the ones who know that had her killed. If you make a bogus ending to this true story, it seems to me that the people would yearn to tell the way it really happened and the way it turned out according to reality. What do you think?

Asked on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 06:14:04 PM
Reply: What do I think?

I think that I wish I could adopt you. I love the way your mind works. But I also think you probably aren't versed in law and don't know that I could (and would) be sued if I did such a thing.

I can't write a bogus ending.

Rather than creating such an ending and pretending it's true, my preent plan is to present my own and our family's speculations and those of our private investigators. I'll then leave it open to others who have real knowledge. Hopefully they will expound on that ending and refute it or validate it.

howdy

Question: it is good to see that creep is no longer posting!! good luck with your case, may god bless you and Sweet dear Kait.

Asked on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 04:00:50 PM
Reply: He's no longer here because I delete him. If he posts again, don't respond. He aches for attention.

yeah i am doing it for school to

Question: I even had to make a picture book based on its plot i enjoyed it and it made me cry it is so good i couldnt put it down i am so sorry but it was a good book how unusaul too!

Asked on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 06:16:47 PM
Reply: The terrible thing is that Kait's story ISN'T unusual. It happens all the time. Please, visit our web site at realcrimes.com. You'll find the same situation over and over. And each story breaks my heart.

i am doing this for school

Question: your book is so sad and makes me wanna cry i couldnt stop reading and i am only 13 it is so unusasl but ture!

Asked on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 06:14:59 PM
Reply: thirteen-year-olds are allowed to cry, honey!

"old case"?

Question: This case will be revitalized with the publication of the sequel, THE TALLY KEEPER. The media will jump on that.

Asked on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 at 04:03:21 PM
Reply: I think you're right.

Both Books

Question: I am a 6th grade teacher and will be doing a duel book talk between Who Killed My Daughter and Don\'t Look Behind You. I have just stumbled onto this web site, and as I live in Florida, I am wondering if the case has come any closer to being solved---It used to be brought up on tv shows like Unsolved Mysteries, or brought back by news bites, but I have not heard anything the last couple of years. I have not done this book talk for a few years, but I have to tell you that my students are really touched. First, they can relate to it because you are one of their authors, and secondly because they somehow make a special connection when I show them that beautiful picture of Kaitlyn that you put in your book. I am really glad that you were brave enough to question the status quo, and that you will not give up. My prayers are with you for the answers you dearly need and for the peace that you deserve. JT

Asked on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 at 11:35:34 AM
Reply: Kait's case is "old" now. Of course, it will never be old to her family. To us that call from the hospital seems like yesterday. But it's old to the media and, therefore, no longer interesting to them.

Thank you for your prayers. We need them.

Read your bookr

Question: I just finished your book and I was just speechless as to the lack of effort and cooperation you received from the "authorties." I also felt close to Kait. We are the same age. As you walked us through her decisions, I relived some decisions I made around the same time. I really felt connected to her. Your book was recommended to me by one of my students, I teach 8th grade. I think it is a great book for both boys and girls. It is captivating, interesting, and has a message that hopefully teens can pick up on, be careful of the decisions you make--you are not indestructable. You and your family have my deepest sympathy. All persons responsible for her death will get what is coming to them, if they haven't already. If the judicial system can't/won't take care of it, God will.

Asked on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 07:25:05 PM
Reply: I wrote WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? as a non-fiction book for adults, to motivate informants and prevent the facts of Kait's case from becoming buried.

I was stunned when the American Library Association chose it as a “Best Adult Book of the Year for Young Adults,” as did the School Library Journal.

I'm gratified that your student introduced you to this book. Thank you for letting me know that.

The person who is being so mean

Question: The person who's writing all these horrible comments sounds like a girl or boy who has been cursed by the devil. A devil worshiper. God will take care of you. Don't you worry about that! What goes around, comes around!

Asked on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 02:56:58 PM
Reply: Just feel sorry for him. And for his poor parents. And, if he has a girlfriend, God help her.

The Horrible Poster

Question: I think this pathetic loser is either mildy retarded or mentally ill. Maybe you could block his email or IP address? He is taking up far too much space on this board...maybe he'll end up killing himself. He would be doing everyone a favor.

Good luck to you--one day you'll get the answers you need...I really think you should try consulting with psychics again...I have a feeling they could tell you more.

Asked on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 12:37:07 PM
Reply: I'll delete his posts from now on, (including the message you're reacting to, which was posted just below this message from you.) I don't normally delete, because I believe everyone should have a chance to express an opinion, whether it supports ours or not. But, you're right -- he's taking up too much space on the board. Besides, it's taking valuable time away from his video games.

I feel that we've gotten all that we can from psychics. They've steered us where we need to go, which is all they can do. It's now up to us to follow those trails to where they lead.

Have you and do you...

Question: I just completed reading your book and i was amazed at what the police weren't doing. It is almost like you have to solve the case yourself. Have you discovered any new information? Just wondering... but do you still go to that Betty M. Lady? Well I whish you and your family the best.

Asked on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 09:17:41 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring. Betty Muench has become a personal friend, but we are no longer seeking psychic assistance.

Out raged

Question: I want to say that I can't imagine what you have gone through. I can't not believe the comments that people have posted. What kind of person would say such things about your daughter? The person writing these awful things is a coward. It takes a big person to type such awful things on a computer. Why don't they face you maybe at the police station and say these things. I feel sorry for the parents of this person. How awful to have such a horrible child. If you don't fight for your child who will? God bless you and your family.

Asked on Monday, May 07, 2007 at 10:49:56 AM
Reply: When you establish a public message board, with no registration required, sick people tend to post there along with normal people. It's a trade off. We don't require registration, because that might prevent tipsters with valid information from posting it.

the idiot

Question: thats about the level of intelligence and mindset i envision in apodaca...

Asked on Saturday, May 05, 2007 at 07:48:38 PM
Reply: Good point. I hadn't thought about that. With Apodaca now out of prison, that's a possibility.
...........................................

P.S. (I'm adding this later, as I'm having second thoughts): No, that post was not by Paul Apodaca. Paul is not a stupid man. He wouldn't post that sort of message. But we know he reads this message board, because one of his relatives contacted us to tell us.

Paul -- please, be aware that the $25,000 reward offer for new information leading to the arrest and conviction of Kait's killers and/or the person(s) behind the killing and/or cover-up is still in effect, as is our guarantee of confidentiality for the person who gives us that information. This is our family's personal reward offer. It won't go through Crime Stoppers or anyone else in authority. No one will know who the information came from. We will follow up on the information and verify it in a manner that won't implicate the tipster.

I tried over and over to get this offer to you while you were in prison, but, since I wasn't on the list of people allowed to contact you, I couldn't do that.

Now that you're out, you're no longer restricted. You can contact us by personal e-mail. Or by writing to us c/o PO Box 27187, Albq. NM 87125. Or by contacting our private investigators, one of whom you've already met.

We don't think you shot Kait. But you were there when it happened. The first two cops at the scene -- Det. Merriman and Officer Wallace -- have told totally different stories about what happened at the scene. You know which one is the truth.

Officer Mary Ann Wallace (dispatched to the scene, in uniform) told our PI she arrived at the scene to find you chatting with Det. Merriman (off duty and out of uniform), and the three of you went together to look into Kait's car, and you seemed excited by all the blood.

You told our PI that you never saw a uniformed officer -- only the one out of uniform (Merriman).

Merriman's account supports yours.

Why is Officer Wallace's story so different?

Please, help us get those stories straightened out.

RUDE!!!

Question: As for the person that is making all of the little remarks about Mrs. Arquettes daughter- this is a site for people that care about this person. If you are so amused with death as of right now, then you obviously have never experienced the death of a loved one. I pray that God soon finds you because you are a noticeably disturbed person. Why do you care so much? I mean really why do you have to take 5 min out of your day to try to hurt someone. I plead that God be with people like you. I pray God helps you before he helps this family. One day you will realize how very wrong and helpless you are. On another note you said "Hail Hitler", umm ya in case you have not noticed... he is in fact dead, so you are praising something of no longer existence..and you like? death....hmmm......please go see a psychiatrist, i am serious. You are probably not that bad of a person, you just think that you are so brave because you are hiding behind a computer. God bless you.

Asked on Saturday, May 05, 2007 at 03:29:08 PM
Reply: He's obviously a very disturbed person. Maybe I should start deleting his posts. He's used up enough space on this board.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next