Displaying 4581 - 4600 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 230 of 275)

Visit to Sharon

Question: If you were unable to get the phone records from the evening of Kait's death, then there is only Sharon's word that she phoned Kait's boyfriend and their home. It messes with the timeline quite a bit and it certainly seems like the possibility that Kait was never at Sharon's home or left quite a bit earlier than Sharon stated is possible.
I think that you and your family are very strong and god bless you for having the strength to relive this nightmare over and over in the hope that justice will be served. I hope that one day you will find the answers you are seeking.

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:31:05 PM
Reply: You're right. It does mess with the timeline. Then, if we toss in the fact that Sharon's best friend, Denise, told our P.I. that Kait phoned her (Denise) from Sharon's that night to invite her to come over and join them, and they (Kait and Sharon) were laughing and drinking wine and having a great time, that REALLY makes you stop and think:

(1) Kait had never met Denise. Why would she want to invite her over to Sharons?

(2) How could Kait and Sharon be "laughing and having a great time," if Kait was weeping and having Sharon dial Dung over and over?

(3) If they were drinking wine, why was there no alcohol in Kait's blood?

Kait Arquette

Question: How old would Kait be today? Do you ever think about how lovely and rich Kait's life would have been as a doctor, and a husband would have loved her, and the Arquette family would have possibly had more grandchildren, wouldn't that have been great? I'm so sorry 4 your loss.

- An 11 year old in Oregon

P.S. I'm reading, Who killed my daughter right now!

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 06:32:15 PM
Reply: Today Kait would be 36 years old. And, yes, I do think a lot about what her life might have been like if she'd a chance to live it.

castle

Question: I was always wondering where the house was that you described in chapter 23. Can you at least tell us if it was on Tierra Monte or Sandia Heights? Since I read your book it have been looking at a lot of those houses. I lived in Albuquerque for 30 years and I never knew they were there. I can' t imagine who can afford those houses.

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 11:26:58 AM
Reply: Tierra Monte.

Answered by: Kait;s Mom

The "castle" house

Question: I guess even if it was the house, there would be no point in discovering that it was where the NM VIPs met. Would not solve her murder. Sorry for going on and on about it. Forgive me.

Still praying for a miracle!

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:25:13 AM
Reply: I can understand why people find the concept of "The Desert Castle" intriguing -- especially since it was mentioned by more than one psychic.

Hi

Question: Dear Lois,
I just finished reading your book about Kait and I knew I had to write to you. How is your family doing now? Your story touched me and I am very sorry you and your family had to experience the loss of Kait and everything with the investigation. You are a very determined woman who obviously loves her family. I wish you all the best.

Asked on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 08:51:33 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

the book

Question: i am twelve year old boy reading your book was it true that Dung knew about the murder when it happend (my name is rafael navas)

Asked on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 08:06:39 PM
Reply: There are several reasons for us to believe that Dung knew about the shooting when it happened:

(1) He phoned one of Kait's friends before midnight and told her, "They shot Kait!" (Police didn't go to the apartment and "wake him" up to inform him until 3 a.m.)

(2) Police told him Kait was at University Hospital. The police report says that, when they left the apartment around 4 a.m., Dung said he was leaving immediately to go to the hospital. However, he didn't do that. He and two carloads of friends drove RIGHT PAST the hospital and went to THE SCENE OF THE SHOOTING. How would they know where that was? And why would Dung want to see what was going on there instead of how Kait was doing?

(3) Why would two carloads of Dung's buddies all be up and dressed and ready to accompany him to the crime scene at 4 a.m.?

the home you saw

Question: the home you explored sounds so much like the one I found. Back when you saw it, was it white brick? Also the one I saw had a small observatory to the right of it.

If you go to map.live.com and you get an aerial view, this particular house I found also had a tennis court off to the side and towards the back of it. But your description below sounds very much like the one I saw minus the observatory. There were lots of steps passed the archway up to the main entrance, but from our car I couldn't tell if they were tile. If you go to the map.live website you can see lots of the homes. But you're right many of them could have been the one. I have to admit though, the one I looked at gave me a weird feeling. My daughter (17 yrs. old) said the same thing, in fact she mentioned it before I did. A lot of the homes we saw around the same area looked uninhabited.

Asked on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 01:12:30 PM
Reply: You and I probably did find the same house. I was very excited when I found it. I thought, "This is it!!!" (That was before I discovered how many such places there were.)

However:

(1) If we're going to take psychic information into account, this house is too far north and a bit too far away from Kait's death site for it to match Noreen Renier's reading.

(2) When I sent photos of the house to psychic detective Nancy Czetli, who works from "the energy in photos," she stated that she was certain this was not the right place.

It's startling to discover the number of such mansions that exist on the outskirts of Albuquerque. The average person doesn't realize they're there. Most of them are hidden behind walls or other structures that hide them from view and/or have blocked roads leading up to them.

One tipster, who, for obvious reasons, doesn't want to be identified, told us this:

“This is in response to the psychic’s description of the house in the mountains where Kait Arquette saw a VIP buy drugs. I know all about those homes and what they are used for. A man I used to do business with in New Mexico got involved with the Colombian cartel. He purchased a number of homes, some with airstrips. That’s how the cartel laundered money. Some of those homes were mansions worth millions of dollars. Rarely did anyone live in them. Occasionally they would be used for visitors of the cartel or other drug transactions.”

I'm not suggesting that the mansion that you and I found is such a place. I think it's pretty certain that it isn't.

road to castle in foothills

Question: Take I-25 north to Tramway. Exit on Tramway heading east toward the Sandia's. Just before you reach the big curve that takes you to the Tramway, there's a paved road that you have to turn left on to head toward all the homes that are in that area. The road has a green sign that has "La Cueva Rd. / Terra Monte. Turn left on this road, go 100 yards and turn right on the road that's sign says Terra Monte. If you follow this road up and back deep into this enclave, keeping to the left, you finally reach a chain-linked fence that has a sign "No Trespassing," I kept going. Came upon a huge home that appeared to be uninhabited. Surrounded by a great white brick wall, approx. 12ft. tall. with an iron gate at the entrance. The home itself is made of all white brick, the stairs leading up to the front door were many. The house itself appeared to be of Mediterrean architecture. It was huge. Very ostentatious. I can see why Kait would have described or thought of this dwelling as a "castle." If this would be the house.

Asked on Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 08:44:54 PM
Reply: This sounds like the house I described in chapter 23:

"I found the Mediterraneon manion without any difficulty ... The gate was locked, and I didn't see any sign of life; no cars were parked in the courtyard or in the circular driveway. I climbed over the gate and walked across the courtyard ... I continued under the archway and up the tiled stairs to the bronzemounted doors of the main building. The term castle suited the place perfectly, and it even had four outbuildings, including an animal house and a cabana for the swimming pool ... I peered in through the windows and saw that the residence was furnished, but thee was a feeling of vacancy about it, with deck chairs blown over by the wind, scum in the swimming pool, and tumbleweeds lying in drifts among the marble statuary."

But, aside from the physical description, we have no reason to believe that this was the house.

castle

Question: Last post: I know which area you're talking about (at least I think I do), we used to go up there as teenagers and hang out, late 60's early 70's. There is a structure that is made of rocks, we called it the "rock house". Different teens used it for partying, BBQing, etc. Is this the area you are talking about? If it is, there are huge homes up there, that could be construed as "castle" looking.

Asked on Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 09:23:08 AM
Reply: The problem is that there are so many huge huge homes in that area, it's impossible to pinpoint a particular one.

castle

Question: Much speculation about the 'castle' has centered around the Glenwood Hills and Sandia Heights areas. What about the area of homes that are at the base of the Sandias north of Sandia Heights and north of the Tram? There is a road leading to picnic areas and a trail head for the crest trail and off of that road is another road leading to an isolated neighborhood of homes (some quite large) that were there when I moved to Albuquerque in 1980. I can't remember the name of the area but something like Tierra Amada seems to come to mind. Have you driven around there?

Asked on Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 02:02:28 AM
Reply: In WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, Chapter 23, I describe my search in that area.

Kait\\

Question: I have read the first book a few years back and it always sticks in my head. If I recall, in the book, you were able to communicate with Cait thru a psychic. I found that quite fascinating and truly believe in this phenomena. Have you ever thought about contacting Sylvia Brown or John Edwards? I know they are more exposed to us in a celebrity way. I do know that Sylvia Brown does 20 minute phone readings, for a price. If I recall, it was steep, like $700?....it\\\'s worth a shot, if you feel you have not exhausted that angle.

What has become of Dung Nguyen? I have read everything on this site, and I just piece together that he did not expect Caitlyn to be killed, since he called the friends in hysterics. I feel that night she was shot, she saw something and was caught seeing it and was silenced. I am sure Dung knew and it was out of his control. Everything connects and Cait had to be sacrificed.

Have they checked the phone records the night she was supposedly at her friend Sharon\\\'s? Did Sharon really make those calls to her apt. to see if Dung was there? Did Cait really see Sharon that night and those instructions she left were just to throw people off and she went elsewhere? Making you and others think she really was at Sharon\\\'s? Do you feel that Cait knew she was in danger and didn\\\'t want to tell her family to protect them? Perhaps she felt she was in over her head with all she witnessed and knew. I apologize if these are old questions as I don\\\'t have a copy of the book to go back for reference.

Thank you for your time. [Jill K.]

Asked on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 08:01:48 PM
Reply: Yes, we did consult psychics after Kait's death. Since I was at that time a contributing editor for Woman's Day, I got an assignment to write an article about the most respected psychic detectives in the country, (the ones who work regularly with law enforcement), so I had access to the Best. We were amazed at the uniformity of the information they provided. None of them knew we were consulting others, so they couldn't have compared notes, and they all told us close to the same thing.

I have no desire to consult Sylvia Browne. I've heard too many negative things about her from people who HAVE consulted with her. And I don't think we need John Edwards. Frankly, at this point, I believe we've gotten all the psychic info we need. Now what we need is hard evidence to back up what the psychics have told us.

Your suggestion that Kait may not have gone to Sharon's at all that night is a new idea that never occurred to us before. Our reasons for thinking she went there were (1) she told us she was going there; (2) Sharon said she was there; (3) a piece of paper with Sharon's written directions to her home was on the floorboard of Kait's car; (4) Kait's next door neighbor told an investigator he was out in his yard when Kait left Sharon's home and Sharon introduced them before Kait drove off; (5) Kait was shot about an 8 minute drive from Sharon's home. But we've stopped taking anything forgranted. The neighbor could have lied. So this is something new to think about.

About the phone records -- the phone company said they didn't keep records of local calls. Only long distance.

Dear Mrs.Duncan

Question: At the beginnig,i just want to say that im an exchange student from Slovakia(Central Europe) staying in the New Hampshire state. I\'ve got a chance to read this book in my non-fiction class as my own choice..i just saw the cover, the quatation on the front cover and i was so out of my mind...but i decided to read it..im just at the 8th or 9th chapter,but so far i am so imperessed how did you handle your situation..i would give up so easily, becasue i am very sensitive..i wish i could help you with something..i was also wondering if you got any close to almost find out who did that, who was the murderer?? if you have ever got chance to prove who did that?? im also doing a project about this book and if you would like to help me with some questions into interview,i would be so thankful.. but of course i understand if u decided not to. it is hard to come all the way back to those memories again..but the most important thing i wanted to tell you is that i am sorry and i hope there will be one day that you will find your answer to all of your questions and find the person you need..i wish ypou the best in the rest of your life and i will never forget about you! thank you for your time to read this,ou,kind of long message..

all the best

Dominika, Slovakia, EU

Asked on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 06:31:31 PM
Reply: Thank you for choosing my book to read. It must be a major challenge for someone for whom English is a second language. I'm very impressed that you can read it, because it's not easy to take in.

Hello

Question: Hey i just finished reading your book and at the age of 14, i dont think ive ever cried that much. I have deep sympathy for you and your family as well.
....out of curiosity, i love the Oprah show and i was thinking that maybe you could possibly share you\\\'re story with her im sure the people tuning in would love to hear of your story and help as well. You\\\'re the perfect example of a role model to millions to have the courage and to never give up.
-Anonymous

Asked on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 06:18:26 PM
Reply: It would be nice to be on Oprah, but Kait's case is too old to be of interest to her.

greetings and best wishes

Question: Hello Lois,

Perhaps you remember I contacted you a year or so ago with an offer to help (not related to finding info about Kait's murder, unfortunately, but for you & the family otherwise). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I still think of you, wish you all the best & hope for an ultimate resolution & justice. Still send you good energy, always hoping you're okay & praying the answers come to you all.

My best to you & your family,

Laurie from BC, Canada

Asked on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 04:35:29 AM
Reply: Thank you for all that good energy, Laurie.

So sorry for your loss

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette,
I just finished reading Kait's story. I am so sorry for what you and your
family are continuing to go through. I was outragred about the lack of police effort.They are supposed to serve and protect, so much for that.
I am a mother of 4 young children and I don't think I would have the strength and courage to go on without one of them.I commend you highly. May God bless you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers. I hope the case is solved soon, no mother should have to endure that.

Asked on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 02:29:23 AM
Reply: God bless you too, and may life be good to your children.

so sorry

Question: I am 12 years old and just finished reading this book at school I am so sorry about your loss
you are so courageous to write about it
you are my hero and you will always be in my prayers

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 04:44:38 PM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words. But I'm not a hero, I'm just an ordinary mother. There are many other parents of murdered children who are going through exactly same thing.

Sad story

Question: I can't believe that anyone would do that to such a sweet person. I am 12 and I wanted to cry so bad but I felt that would be letting down so many people that I had to stay strong for everyone involved. I am a big fan of all the books, espically this one. It's almost sad that such a great book had to be based of a tragic event that atually happened. I showed this book to a librarian and she began to get tear eyed... I just asked if she had read it before! Thanks again for making my life better with all your books! Your family is in my thoughts a lot... I sit there in class (espically english) thinking about you and the hard times you have had.
Love,
your biggest fan (or pretty close)!

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 02:13:38 PM
Reply: Thank you for this sweet message.

sad :(

Question: That is so sad!

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 02:06:54 PM
Reply: Yes, it is.

The sequel

Question: I was just wondering if you had yet secured a publishing deal for the sequel to "Who Killed My Daughter"? With the renewed interest in true crime cases, publishing the second book may help interest be renewed in the case. Also, have there ever been plans for a tv movie?? That might also help interest be renewed in the case. I was born just a few months before Kait died and after reading your book I was completely moved. What an awful and tragic story, I regret the pain and heartache you and your family must endure, no family should have to go through that. With todays technology there still may be hope and I commend you for keeping the memory of Kait alive for this long. I hope that the second book is published and that some new information may come from it.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Asked on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 11:12:31 AM
Reply: Thank you.

I don't yet know what will happen with THE TALLY KEEPER. I've had offers from producers who want to option the film rights to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? but I haven't agreed to that. Once I sign away those rights, I'll lose all control of the story, and I don't want to risk having the facts changed and having a Hollywood ending tacked onto it.

best

Question: you are the best author i was so sad when i read the book nobody should have to go through that pain

Asked on Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 05:19:03 PM
Reply: We are far from unique. This kind of thing happens all the time. It's just that I was in a position to get a book published, and most other families of crime victims aren't that fortunate.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next