Displaying 4581 - 4600 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 230 of 276)

The Santa Fe tornado

Question: From our house, high up on Bishops Lodge Road, north of Santa Fe town, my wife and I watched the complete development, from when its "tongue" began to extend down from the rain cloud, of the La Bajadur Hill tornado. Having seen it hit dirt, with the resultant large "explosion" of a "dirt cloud" rising from the ground, we were both of the opinion that this was the first tornado that had ever touched down close to Santa Fe. I know Peter Hurd painted the scene of the beginning of a tornado that came down close to Albuquerque, and we both understood that this was the first tornado that had been created in northern New Mexico*; but, for sure, and to our knowledge, there never had been one sighted in the vicinity of Santa Fe. My question of you is:

Are we correct in thinking that Saturday's tornado was, in fact, the first one to have ever been seen in our part of northern New Mexico?

Bob Dales

*Governor Carruthers had this painting hung in his office

Asked on Sunday, June 10, 2007 at 10:24:21 AM
Reply: You've addressed this question to the wrong person. I don't know anything about the history of tornados.

A Mother

Question: Why did Paul Apadaca think the first officer would protect his identity? Do you think that he and the first police officer had something to do with this, or maybe their covering for someone that is involved?
Barbara

Asked on Friday, June 08, 2007 at 08:23:10 PM
Reply: There's no way to know why Paul Apodaca felt protected.

Ronald Merriman, the first officer at the scene, said he directed Officer Mary Ann Wallace, the second officer at the scene, to take information from Apodaca. Wallace says Merriman directed her NOT to take information from Apodaca, because he already had done so. Oblivously one of them is lying. But which one?

Another possibility is that somebody in the department later removed information about Apodaca from Kait's case file. Just as the report about the second day work-up on her car was removed.

SOMEBODY in a position of some power has been pulling strings for Apodaca. When he was convicted of raping his half-sister in order to go to prison to protect his brother Mark, Judge Richard Knowles sentenced him to 20 years and specified that he NOT be placed in the same institution as Mark. So, where was he placed? In the same institution as Mark, in the adjoining cell.

Somebody over-rode the judge's mandate.

Doesn't this remind you a bit of Paris Hilton?

sorry

Question: I really loved this book as a kid and I hoped that Kait's killer was found. I hope everything is going ok for you.

Asked on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 09:59:50 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Yes, we're doing okay. Our lives have gone on, despite the "missing piece." That's what has to happen in this sort of situation. Either that, or you fall down and never get up.

A Mother

Question: Has Paul Apadaca ever been traced down? Do you think he was such a person or did Paul M make him up to cover something else up? Sorry about all the questions, I'm trying review this cass.
Barbara

Asked on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 09:45:02 PM
Reply: At first it seemed impossible to track down Paul Apodaca, since all the information Det. Merriman took from him at the scene was his name and an incorrect phone number. No DOB, SS# or address. And "Apodaca" is a very common name in New Mexico.

However, in 1994, he ended up as headline news because he raped his 14-yr-old half-sister in order to be sentenced to prison to protect his brother Mark, who was serving a sentence for murder.

Our PI went down to the jail to talk to him, on the chance that he really WAS the Paul Apodaca from Kait's scene. The first thing he said to our PI was, "How did you find me?" He apparently thought the first officers at the scene had protected his identity.

So our PI did interview him, and he admitted to being at the scene and provided information that conflicted with information provided by Det. Merriman and Officer Wallace. He has since served his sentence and been released.

And if he wants a $25,000 reward, he knows how to reach us.

A Mother

Question: I read a little about Kait's case from this web site. Whatever happened with Ronald Merrman? Was he ever questioned about where he really was and what he was doing out there the night of Kait's death? I find it odd that he say's he was there waiting for the ambulance when the ambulance stated that he wasn't. Was he given a lie detector test?
Barbara

Asked on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 09:41:11 PM
Reply: Violent Crimes Detective Ronald Merriman is no longer with APD.

He was off duty, but had been helping out by transporting witnesses from the scene of a different shooting that occurred earlier that evening. His report says he was on his way back to the downtown police station when he stumbled on Kait's scene.

He was never questioned by anyone other than Miguel Garcia's defense attorney and our private investigator. (The homicide detectives investigating Kait's case never interviewed the first officer at the scene?!!!) He told our PI he never could understand why he wasn't called to testify at the Grand Jury hearing or on the witness list for the trial of Garcia (which ended up not taking place).

He was never questioned about his absence from the scene when the ambulance arrived, because his report indicated that he WAS there. It wasn't until much later, when our PI interviewed the medics who transported Kait to the hospital, that we learned that he and Officer Mary Ann Wallace and the witness, Paul Apodaca, had all left the scene before the ambulance came.

We aren't in a position to force a police officer to take a lie detector test.

My sincerest thoughts

Question: My heart goes out to you and your family. I read this book a few years ago and just found this website. I came hoping to see if any new information had been discovered, and hoping the case had been solved. You were my absolute favorite author as a young girl and when I read about your daughter's death, I was so saddened for you. Never give up hope that the truth will out and Cait's killer will be found.

Asked on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 at 07:26:33 AM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words.

HG1

Question: ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Asked on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 at 06:22:57 AM
Reply: I've deleted your previous post with your personal phone number, because I don't think it's wise to post that on a message board. You never know what kind of kook is going to call you.

If you have information about Kait's case, please, send it by private e-mail to loisduncan@arquettes.com. Or you can call our private investigator at NIA/NM (National Investigations Agency of New Mexico) -- 505-243-2222.

A Mother

Question: I can only imagine what your family and you are going through. All these years of unanswered questions. I just started reading your book, Who Killed My Daughter? For some reason this story doesn't sound unfamiliar to me. I know this is a stupid question, but was it ever on Lifetime? How are your other children doing? Do you ever get frustrated with all the questions? I know that your hoping that the questions will help solve Kait's murder, but how do you deal with reliving every question over and over again? Your a very strong and courageous women/mother. You will find the person's involved in your daughters murder, I have faith in you.
You and your family will forever be in my thought's and prayers.
Barbara

Asked on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 11:24:26 PM
Reply: Thank you for your prayers.

You may well have seen the case on Lifetime. In 1991, Kait's story was filmed for "Unsolved Mysteries." That showis now in syndication and is occasionally rerun on the Lifetime Channel. I never know when it's going to pop up there

Poem

Question: In answer to the last message, I was referring to the poem on page 73 of Seasons of the Heart called My Sister. It starts I have a sister who writes on the walls.....Some of the poems are sad, some are touching but I think that one is very cute and funny. And until last week when somebody wrote about the maps.live.com I didn't know either that you can see all those estates on the web. It's amazing what you can find out on your web side!

Asked on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 07:00:28 PM
Reply: Oh -- that one! That's in the section that contains poems for my grandchildren.

Castle

Question: I also went to maps.live.com and looked at all the big homes on Tierra Monte, Sandia Heights and Glenwood Hills. I could not see any statuary in any of the grounds nor could I see any airstrips. Was there really a house with statuary in the courtyard?

By the way, I also did buy the Book Seasons of the Heart and enjoyed it very much. I think the poem about your sister was sooo funny, I laughed so hard. It is amazing how well you wrote even at that early age. I recommend the book to anybody. Best wishes to you and your family.

Asked on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 04:26:25 PM
Reply: The estate I visited was just as I described it in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER. Statuary and all. But that was back in 1990. Back then, I hadn't even been introduced to the term "World Wide Web." I didn't have a computer.

So, now, you can go on the Internet and see if people have statuary in their yards?!!!!!! I am a Dinasaur.

Thank you for liking SEASONS OF THE HEART. But, I didn't write a poem about my sister, because I never had one. Which ever poem you enjoyed so much must have been about one of my daughters.

Seasons of the Heart

Question: I ordered your new book SEASONS OF THE HEART from Amazon.com. I've never been so touch by anything in my life. I feel like I know you and your family so intimately that I'm almost a part of it. I don't normally read poetry, but the poems in that book are so woven into what was going on in your life at the time you wrote them that they make me feel like I was living in your heart.

Thank you for writing that book.

DS

Asked on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 03:43:09 PM
Reply: Thank you for liking that book. It is my life journey. By reading it, you took that journey with me.

Birthdays

Question: What was Dungs birthday? What about Sharon Smith- about how old would she be?

Asked on Saturday, June 02, 2007 at 05:54:51 PM
Reply: Dung's DOB is March 25, 1963

Sharon's DOB is January 4, 1962. So she is 45 now.

Desert Castle

Question: That house on Tierra Monte has to be it. I checked it out on the Web cam and anything further south is in Sandia Heights. I don't think Sandia Heights was developed that much in the late 80's. Of course that means the house would have been in more solitude back in the 1980's in Sandia Heights. Currently, there are many houses in that area that could resemble a small castle.

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 03:28:35 PM
Reply: We've pretty much given up trying to identify the house. Too many castle-like residences; too many political VIPs involved in New Mexico drug trade.

Nancy Czetli

Question: Why did she say the house on Tierra Monte was not the house? I went to the the psychic readings on this website and she doesn't mention the house at all. Just a slight description of the political VIP.

Did she give you more information at a later date?

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 03:22:02 PM
Reply: In the paperback edition of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER:

Pg. 289: I mailed our second set of Desert Castle photographs to Nancy Czetli and asked her if this was the place where Kait had seen the drug transaction.

Pg. 292: Upon our return to Albuquerque we found a message from Nancy czetli on our answering machine: "I got the pictures you sent, and you don't have the right house."

230 clock direction/desert castle

Question: dear lois, Where is the 1200 in the 230 clock direction? north albuq or west? and according to pg #293 in wkmd didn't nancy czetli say that the desert castle is stucco with a flat roof and a semicircular driveway?

thanks

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 11:20:22 AM
Reply: I've never thought of 12 o'clock as anything but north. Although other people have surprised me by interpreting it differently.

It was Noreen Renier who described the "castle." Nancy Czetli is the one who told us the house in Tierra Monte isn't the right place.

And remember, psychics -- even good ones -- are almost never totally on target. And Kait allegedly saw that place at night. Her impressions of it may not have been totally accurate and because of that the psychics picked up incorrect details.

Question: Thank you for answering my questions. I have read through many questions on your site and I am amazed how you take the time to write a reply to everyone. Have you ever logged how many hours you spend replying to people like myself?
I hope your family will someday have closure on your daughter's death.
I send you prayers and strength during this journey.
[From:Stacey]

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 10:44:58 AM
Reply: No, I don't keep track of things like that. I respond to so much e-mail anyway from school kids who have author reports to do, that responding to posts on the message board is nothing. (And, of course, I don't bother responding to rude questions -- only to those that are well intentioned.)

One More Question

Question: Do you continue to have contact with the psychics? If so, has there been more information brought to light about your daughters life and/or death?
[From:Stacey]

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 09:32:10 AM
Reply: We're no longer consulting psychics. We feel we got everything that way we were destined to get. However, Betty Muench has become a personal friend.

Hi

Question: I noticed a comment from Anne Rule on the front of the cover of your book. Are you friends with her?
[From: Stacey]

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 09:30:13 AM
Reply: Ann and I are good friends. We go back a long way.

Sharon

Question: Have you ever suspected Sharon's involvement in all of this? From what I've read in your book on on this website, her actions seem pretty suspicious, especially that whole thing about disappearing from the Pier One job. Perhaps she's the woman who the psychics mentioned that knows something.

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 07:25:41 AM
Reply: I don't know how Sharon fits into this. But I do know she has not been truthful with us and with our investigators.

Visit to Sharon

Question: If you were unable to get the phone records from the evening of Kait's death, then there is only Sharon's word that she phoned Kait's boyfriend and their home. It messes with the timeline quite a bit and it certainly seems like the possibility that Kait was never at Sharon's home or left quite a bit earlier than Sharon stated is possible.
I think that you and your family are very strong and god bless you for having the strength to relive this nightmare over and over in the hope that justice will be served. I hope that one day you will find the answers you are seeking.

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:31:05 PM
Reply: You're right. It does mess with the timeline. Then, if we toss in the fact that Sharon's best friend, Denise, told our P.I. that Kait phoned her (Denise) from Sharon's that night to invite her to come over and join them, and they (Kait and Sharon) were laughing and drinking wine and having a great time, that REALLY makes you stop and think:

(1) Kait had never met Denise. Why would she want to invite her over to Sharons?

(2) How could Kait and Sharon be "laughing and having a great time," if Kait was weeping and having Sharon dial Dung over and over?

(3) If they were drinking wine, why was there no alcohol in Kait's blood?

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next