Displaying 4541 - 4560 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 228 of 275)

Lois Duncan

Question: Hello! My name is Kelly and I am 38 years old. I have loved your books since grade school and I was horrified to learn that your daughter had been murdered. I have spent many vacations in ABQ, NM. I love the people, hospitality, food, and culture! I was visiting in August 1981 when I learned of a missing child, Barry "Bucky" Kephart. I saw a poster of him on a c-store window and something in his eyes spoke to me and he was on my mind thru the years. Last year I read on doenetwork.org that the police had determined that he was probably beaten to death by his parents then his body placed in a dumpster.
Have you heard of this case?

Asked on Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 08:15:13 AM
Reply: No, I wasn't aware of that heartbreaking case. And I'm ashamed that I wasn't.

Unless something horrible happens to OUR OWN LOVED ONES, most or us skim such stories as if they were posted for entertainment, like television dramas.

You must be an extremely sensitive and compassionate person to have absorbed that tragedy and remembered it after all these years.

I love your book!

Question: Hi Lois,

I am a lazy reader and your book is the first one that I actually finished reading without skipping any pages. I am Vietnames, and is very digusted of what my people have become. I was born and raised in Orange County and is very familiar with those address in the book. Orange County was a very dangerous place back in the late 80's and 90's. There were gangs and illegal activities everywhere. My parents were horified with all the gang activities going on there that they decided to just pick up and leave. I've had many psychic reading throughout the years by the same person in L.A. . Everything that was predicted for me has happened and it is mind blowing how accurate it was. When I read you book it seems very familiar to me because I can relate to the activities you are describing. I am sorry for what my people have shamefully done. I pray that you will have the ending soon. Orange County have a few Vietnames radio show that broadcast 24/7. Maybe you should have them read your story to the Vietnames audience. It might help. Good luck Lois.

Asked on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 04:38:00 PM
Reply: VIETNAMESE GANG ACTIVITY:

Thank you for your kind message. Since my book was published, we have heard from many fine Vietnamese people in the United States who have been so terrorized by Vietnamese gangs that they have been forced to relocate to different neighborhoods.

To quote from one of those letters:

"I am a 17-year-old girl who lives in San Diego. I am one of the Vietnamese boat people and very proud of my heritage, except I am shameful of the conduct of some of my fellow refugees. I am afraid for my life when I am in Little Saigon after dark. My mother's hairdresser was gunned down by the Vietnamese Mafia. Storekeepers close shops early for fear of being robbed and killed. The fear this community has is fear of retaliation. It's a catch 22 -- tell and hope that justice will prevail -- don't tell and keep your family alive."

We would welcome information about the situation in Albuquerque that nurtures Vietnamese gang activity. A member of APD (one of the many good cops who have secretly been trying to help us) told us the V/N power and protection come from Catholic Social Services, who have made Albuquerque a "dumping ground" for Vietnamese immigrants at the request/control of the US GVT. He also mentioned a religious/ paramilitary group that meets at a building on the corner of Virginia SE and Trumble.

WHAT IS BEHIND THIS?

Although we know from private e-mail from Vietnamese people in Albq. that Asian gang activity in the Southeast area of Albq. is deadly and on-going, those criminals seem immune to arrest.

I BEG YOU ALL, PLEASE, to go to the web site at realcrimes.com and read about the "Nathan Romero" homicide case in Albuquerque. The case detective on Nathan's case was Det. Steve Gallegos, the same detective who was lead detective in Kait's case. Gallegos quit the homicide department after having to deal with Nathan's case on top of Kait's case.

Contact

Question: I need To contact Robert Petro -I am a journalist and need help on a high profile case in England -please can you email me reedypaul@ntlworld.com

Asked on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 03:02:17 PM
Reply: We have not been in touch with Robert Petro for many years. We were impressed by the accuracy of his readings about Kait's case, but have not gone beyond that.

When we first had contact, he was in New Mexico. Then he moved to Arizona. The last we heard, he was in Florida.

The only advice I can offer is to Google him.

A mother

Question: Did you ever find out how he was scared off or by who? Has he said anything else to you about what happened?
Barbara

Asked on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 01:27:27 PM
Reply: No. He just insisted it was a car jacking and broke off contact with us.

A mother

Question: What happened to Roy Nolan????
Barbara

Asked on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 11:43:05 PM
Reply: Roy Nolan got scared off the case.

Lois

Question: Do you still live in Albequerque? If not where?

Asked on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 05:58:27 PM
Reply: We left Albuquerque after WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published and moved to the East Coast.

Dung

Question: Hi Lois! You mat know me I've written to you a lot today but I love writting and being written to. Anyway, do you believe that Dung killed Kait? If you don't do you suspect anyone of killing her?
Love, Tess
Please if you could keep in touch with me!!:-)

Asked on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 05:53:53 PM
Reply: No, I don't think Dung killed Kait. But I'm sure he was there when it happened. Otherwise he would not have been phoning people to tell them, "Kait's dead! They shot Kait!" three hours before police "woke him up" to inform him.

Reincarnation

Question: You know I do believe you as a very strong person and I thank you for teaching me how to handle death well. It must have been the hardest thing to take your own 18 year old daughter's death. That would have been so hard to get through. Do you believe that Kait was and is reincarnated? If so do you believe that she will die similarly to how Kait died? If you do believe in reincarnation what is your view on it? I'm not sure if I do believe in reincarnation because I have lots of different thoughts about it. Wouldn't you want your own soul to be it's self, rather than many other people's. That is what I don't understand.
Tess age 12
Thank you so much, you are a great listener!!!:-)

Asked on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 12:08:56 PM
Reply: Hello, Tess,

I appreciate your thoughtful questions, but I'm not in a position to answer them. Since Kait's death, I've speculated a lot about "what comes next," and I've formed some personal beliefs, but there's no way to know if I'm right. Each of us must seek our own answers in regard to the mysteries of life and death, and for you to have "lots of thoughts" on those subjects at twelve-years-old is wonderful.

Who Killed my Daughter?

Question: I loved your book, and I'm so sorry what happened to her. Are you still close to Dung now even if he was the most suspected killer in the case?
Tess

Asked on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 11:59:14 AM
Reply: We haven't seen or heard from Dung since November 1989, when I called him at work to ask him to come pick up some of his possessions that were stored in our garage. His boss at Artwear, Roxanne Cecchini, drove him over to get them.

in reference to a political figure

Question: Mrs. Arquette,
I am 32 yr. old woman that has, since I can remember, have been heavily envolved in NM politics. A former employee working next to a past Govorner. If it's not asking too much, could you E-mail me in Kaitlynn's concern. I don't know if anything I have to say would even be of any importance to you, although I feel is though your daughter would like me to inform you of my thoughts.
Respectfully, Thank-You

Asked on Sunday, June 17, 2007 at 05:29:46 PM
Reply: Thank you for this post. And for caring about us and about Kait.

Not knowing who you are or how to contact you, (please, don't post contact information here, for the sake of your own safety), I don't know how to reach you. But I'm very interested in what you may have to tell me.

Please, send me a personal e-mail at loisduncan123@arquettes.com.

Answered by: Kait's mom

A Dozen Years

Question: Since the first time I met you, the day that you spoke for a few hundred insurance fraud investigators and stunned them into a deafening silence, you've been my personal hero. I've told you that often, but I'd like to write it here for the world to read.

Also, since I first covered Kait's case in The John Cooke Fraud Report, her story has been in my heart. In fact, in all these years of publishing, that article is also among those most remembered by our readers, and just this past week, at a fraud conference, the case came up once again. The investigative community has not forgotten. You have thousands of open ears out there, still alive with hope that one day you'll get your answers.

May I have your permission to link to your site from www.FightFraudAmerica.com? It's our newest JCFR endeavor, a public education foundation to help people recognize things before they become victims. We've already reached Page One on Google under a serach of "fight fraud," so it may indeed help. I can only hope.

Leslie Kim

Asked on Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 10:20:47 AM
Reply: Indeed, you do have our permission to link Kait's site to your Fraud Site. And our deepest thanks to you and your colleagues for your on-going support, year after year after year.

The event Leslie Kim is referring to was the annual seminar of the Texas International Association of Special Investigation Units in Austin, TX, in 1995. I was imported at the last minute as a replacement for the dinner speaker, who cancelled out. It was an intimidating experience to speak at such a gathering -- especially when I learned that the speaker I was there to replace was Texas Governor George W. Bush.

kait

Question: Could you tell us which parts of "Who killed my daughter" turned out to be significant? I keep re-reading the book and enjoy it every time. I also got your new book from Amazon and it is wonderful. Like the person in the last message said, you laugh and cry and you feel like you know you.

Asked on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 04:10:08 PM
Reply: One example:

Pg. 40 of paperback: "The Albuquerque police were represented by six motorcycle officers, more than the usual escort complement. 'It is important that we come out and show that we do care,' said traffic Sgt. John B. Gallegos." (This is John, not to be confused with the case detective, Steve Gallegos.)

Why did John Gallegos think it was so important to convince the public that police "DO care" about this one particular murder victim?

Who was this John B. Gallegos? Was he in some way connected to the investigation of Kait's case? If so, why, if he was just a traffic officer?

When examining police reports, we discovered that John G. was already at the scene when the Criminalistics Unit arrived and "assisted with the scene investigation." He was the one who defined the crime scene to Criminalistics, who arrived there late, having been to another crime scene first. John G. told Criminalistics about the location of the "pile of broken glass" that was used to determine the spot where Kait was shot. (The Criminalistics team didn't see any broken glass. That's why it was never photographed. They just took John G's word for its existence, and therefore it was assumed that Kait was shot while driving and not by someone who approached her car on foot after it was rammed from behind, went out of control and hit a post.)

John B. Gallegos's name was withheld from the list of officers at the scene. Why?

He later was arrested for robbing a liquor store while on duty.

A year after that he got fired from APD.

So, how much credence can we give the scene reports, with a man like that responsible for influencing the content? What was he DOING THERE in the first place?

This raises a lot of questions that had not occurred to us when I wrote that book.

Seasons of the Heart

Question: I got your new book from Amazon and laughed and cried all thru it. After reading that I feel like I'm a part of your family. That last picture of you alone on the beach made me cry.

Asked on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 03:42:45 PM
Reply: I'm not a spring chicken anymore, as that photo clearly showed. Aging is a fact of life. It's not pleasant, but the alternative is worse. I wish Kait had been given that opportunity.

Thank you for reading that book and relating to our family.

Kaitlyn

Question: I have read the book about 3-4 times and each time I read it I see something I missed before. I just wanted to tell you I think it is wonderful that you and your family have never stopped looking for answers. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find out who killed your Kait.
God Bless you!

Asked on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 10:37:55 AM
Reply: Thank you.

And, the odd thing is, every time I read that book I discover "something I missed before" too. I wrote it in real time, recording events as they occurred, without having any idea what would turn out to be important. Since then, some minor details that did not seem significant when I wrote about them, have turned out to be very important.

A fan of your work

Question: Hi Lois,

I am deeply sadden after i finished reading your book. I admire your dedication into finding the real killer. I felt uneasy after i finished reading the book. It touched my heart that such a crime can happen in this world. I pray for your family. I did try to email Oprah and Nancy Grace. It's a long shot, but I hope they would give you a chance. Nancy Grace is a tough lady, that believes in justice. I don't know if you have watch her show, but I am also a fan of her show. I hope that she can help give you the exposure to keep this case in the public eye. I wish you and your family the best of luck!

Asked on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 11:41:56 PM
Reply: Yes, Nancy Grace is a long shot. But thank you for trying. Sometimes long shots hit the mark.

Books into films

Question: Dear Lois-

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I was wondering if we'll see any more filmed versions of your books, or has the unpleasurable experience with "I Know...Summer" turned you off to Hollywood?

Take care, and thank you for the joy you've given us readers throughout the years.

Patrick Stibbs
www.onthespotradio.com

Asked on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 09:49:14 PM
Reply: No, I haven't given up on Hollywood. It's a grab-bag -- some movies are good, and some are bad. I thought KILLING MR. GRIFFIN was very well done.

Several of my books are currently under option -- DOWN A DARK HALL, STRANGER WITH MY FACE and HOTEL FOR DOGS. That doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be filmed, it must means that studios have purchased the right to film them.

Liz

Question: I first read the book Who Killed My Daughter as a fifth grader, and today reread the book. I am now 25, and a student in UNM's Communication Dept. As a native of Albuquerque, and a friend of murder victims, I am hopeful that this case will be solved. Good luck, and thank you for the bravery your family has shown in investigating Kaitlyn's death.

Asked on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 07:47:08 PM
Reply: Fifth grade is awfully young for you to have read that book. Thank you for rereading it as an adult.

Bullets

Question:
I read the part where you mentioned there were NO bullets in her head even though she was shot twice and that there were no exit wounds. I was incredulous. That can't be.

It just occurred to me if it was possible that somebody "rigged" the autopsy? Or the coroner was intimidated by someone else to report something that was not?

Too bad you couldn't have it autopsied outside of the jurisdiction.

Asked on Sunday, June 10, 2007 at 05:07:28 PM
Reply: APD did not show us the autopsy report. And, if we had seen it, we wouldn't have known how to interpret it. We just trusted the authorities to do their job.

Many years later, when we obtained this information from a private investigator, it was far too late to do anything except feel that we had stumbled into the Twilight Zone.

You're right -- IT DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE that there were no exit wounds and no bullets were found in her body. Unless some special kind of bullets were used that disappear when they enter the body.

But, if that was the case, why was there that huge bullet hole in the door frame of her car? (That image is linked to the "Crime Scene" section.)

This causes us to believe that two guns were used.

Which does not indicate a "random drive-by shooting."

JUST W0NDERiNG!!

Question: HEY iiVE WRiTTEN Y0U A C0UPLE TiMES BUT ii WAS JUST W0NDERiNG H0W Y0U && Y0UR FAMiLY HAVE BEEN D0iNG?? && iF YALL HAVE F0UND N E THiNG ELSE 0UT.. ii H0PE YALL ARE D0iNG WELL && ii WANNA LET YALL KNW YALL R iN MY PRAYERS..

0 && WHENS Y0UR NEW B00K C0MiNG 0UT?? JW..

0NCE AGAiN ii H0PE Y0U && Y0UR FAMiLY ARE D0iN GREAT...

MUCH0 L0VE~ME

Asked on Sunday, June 10, 2007 at 04:27:29 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring. There's nothing to tell you that isn't already posted here.

One more thing..

Question:
Why don't you post more photos of Kaitlyn of her childhood? I'd love to see them and am sure others would too!

Asked on Sunday, June 10, 2007 at 02:50:24 PM
Reply: Kait's dad and I come well before the Computor Oriented generation. (Remember, she died in 1989.) When we do things on this web site it takes us forever and sometimes it does horrible things to everything else we have on here. We could destroy the whole site if we started adding new visuals.

Posting images for us is an overwhelming challenge. And is it really necessary? Shouldn't Kait's story be enough?

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next