Displaying 4481 - 4500 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 225 of 275)

that cop

Question: was the cop, or did he become, high ranking? (above leutenent)

Asked on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 06:27:55 PM
Reply: To the best of my knowledge, no.

Debbie Stephan

Question: Did Debbie still live in Albuquerque or what town did she live in?

Asked on Monday, August 13, 2007 at 04:05:54 PM
Reply: Debby was afraid to contact us until her husband got transferred to an Air Force base in another state and the two of them were out of Albuquerque.

She told me that one of the cops who partied at the chop shop on Arno and also frequented the Roadrunner Lounge at the NCO Club, had raped three female Air Force officers who'd had too much to drink. Debby said the cop followed them home from the club, knocked on their doors and said, "Police Officer" when they asked who it was. One woman told Debby that he placed his gun by the bed and "she just closed her eyes and waited for the nightmare to be over. He told her no one would believe her and if she called APD they wouldn't care."

Naturally, Debby was scared of what might happen to her if she contacted us with this information while she was still in Albuquerque.

Debby Stephan,

Question: Hi Lois,
How old was Debby Stephan when she passed? When the officer told Debby \"her family would never find out what happened to her\" regarding Kait, was that all that he said or did he give her more info? How did Kait come up between them? Thanks Lois

Asked on Monday, August 13, 2007 at 01:37:12 PM
Reply: Debby died at age 53.

The officer did not give her any information other than that Kait's family would never know what really happened to her. She said he was laughing about that.

I can only assume the subject came up because, at that time, Kait's case was all over the news. Debby was a pretty blonde, and she worked as a bartender. People who have had a few drinks tend to spill their guts to bartenders.

Answered by: Kait's mom

book

Question: I was just curouis what happened to the men in jail?
Have they died?

And what happend to the physic?
Is she still around?

Asked on Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 03:53:47 PM
Reply: The one man in jail, Miguel Garcia, was released when the DA decided not to prosecute.

We consulted several psychics. Some are "still around." Others have since died. Remember -- this case goes back to 1989.

Answered by: Kait's mom

question about another question

Question: in one of the previous posts someone said something about someone recieving kaits heart and her lungs...i tried to find an excerpt on the internet or go find the book at a local book store and i could not find any information about it. The person who asked the question said something about the organ recipeint having "memories"??? Could you explain this to me it sounds like a very interesting story.~~~keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers~~

Asked on Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 02:42:18 PM
Reply: When the recipient of Kait's heart and lungs emerged from recovery, he told his mother and a nurse about a dream he experienced about a frightened blonde girl being chased in a car by dark-complexioned men.

Several years later his mother contacted me to tell me about that dream and to give me the notes she took as her son described it. I also read an article about it written by the nurse and published in a medical journal. At the time of the tansplant, there was no way the organ recipient could have known a thing about the donor, even the sex, much less the circumstances of the doner's death. I've been told that the cells of the body contain memory. Some of Kait's final memories apparently got transplanted along with her major organs.

The book in which I describe this is SEASONS OF THE HEART. The description is in the section called "Winter," because Kait's murder was truly the Winter of my life. That book, which is a strange sort of autobiography, part narrative and part poems that I wrote from age 10 to age 70, chronicle the seasons of my life. It's not available in many book stores because it's a POD (Print-on_Demand) book. Book stores can't get returns, so they don't stock them.

SEASONS OF THE HEART can be ordered from on-line book stores like Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com. This is a book for women -- most men won't turn onto it. If any of you decide to order a copy for yourself or for a woman friend, daughter, or mother, (birthday or Christmas present), and would like it autographed, I'll be glad to send you a personallized autographed label to paste in it.

I started to say, "Let me know by e-mail and I'll send it," and then it struck me that I might receive 1,000 requests, and the cost of the stamps would become overwhelming. So, if you'd like one or more autographed labels, please, send me a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a note telling me to whom you'd like the book(s) autographed.

You can send that to the following address, and it will be forwarded to me:

Lois Duncan
7350 So. Tamiami Trail, # 100
Sarasota, FL 34231

Answered by: Kait's mom

FROM LOIS (DUNCAN) ARQUETTE -- KAIT'S MOTHER

Question: Please, join us in mourning the untimely death of Debby Stephan, who died this past Tuesday of natural causes. Until now we have kept her identity confidential because of her fear of retaliation. With that no longer an issue, we would like to acknowledge Debby as a courageous and invaluable member of “Kait’s Army.” We will miss her very much.

Attached is an excerpt from my (as yet unpublished) book, The Tally Keeper. Originally I planned to refer to Debby by a pseudonym. Now I feel free to use her real name:

Asked on Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 11:50:39 AM
Reply: In April 1997, I received the following e-mail:

Dear Mrs. Arquette,

I have been afraid to speak up for fear of retaliation, but last night, after reading your Web pages again and again, I got up my courage. I’m the wife of an Air Force officer who was stationed at Kirtland Air Force Base when your daughter was killed. I worked as a bar tender at the Roadrunner Lounge at the NCO Club.

On your Web site you asked about crooked cops at that Arno Street address. I know who some of them were. There was a bunch of Albuquerque cops who hung out at the NCO Club, where a cop named Ray Duran moonlighted as a disk jockey. Many active duty women would go there on Friday nights, so it was a pretty hot spot. Some of those cops were soliciting women to go to late night parties at that body shop. One cop, who kept trying to come onto me even though he knew I was married, appeared to have information about your daughter's death. He told me her family would never find out what happened to her.

Keep going, you will solve this case, and Kait will walk into the light. I hope you break APD wide open!
Caring for Kait --
Debby

Our private investigator, Pat, ran a background check on Debby, and she was exactly what she said she was – an Air Force wife who had bartended at the Roadrunner Lounge. Her information about the disk jockey cop was accurate, as were the names and descriptions of other police officers she identified. She also turned out to have a steel trap memory for detail, and could even recall the types of drinks and brands of cigarettes that various police officers favored and which ones liked to dance the “Electric Slide.”

Debby volunteered to review the APD report of Dung's suicide attempt in the door room of his alibi friend, Khanh Pham, to see if the investigation had been appropriately handled. In her opinion, it had not.

"There's something wrong with this picture," she told us. "The OSI doesn't get involved in suicide attempts by civilians. The OSI would have been called in only if the Air Force thought this was a criminal assault. That dorm room should have been secured. What was an OSI agent doing stripping the bed, rolling up the bloody sheets, and handling the knife? And why would the OSI contact APD? The city police have no jurisdiction on base."

We submitted a request to the base for documents pertaining to Dung's suicide attempt and were told that they had been purged from their files.

With that door closed to us, we decided to try another tact and began a campaign to track down Khanh Pham's former dorm mates. We figured that the arrival of an ambulance in the late night hours, plus all the hubbub connected with the OSI investigation, was sure to have aroused the curiosity of everybody in the dorm.

Debby’s skills as an investigator awed even Pat as she located one person after another through the MCO database, Military On Line and the World Wide Locator. One former dorm resident, now stationed at a base in California, told Debby that nobody in the dorm had believed Dung's stabbing was a suicide attempt, but they had been told by their sergeant to "shut up, ask no questions, and leave it alone."

Eventually Debby hit the jackpot and located Khanh Pham's roommate. Since we didn't know what this contact might lead to, Pat conducted that interview.

The roommate, a Caucasian man, who was no longer in the service, told Pat that he had been on leave at the time of the stabbing and had returned to find his bed stripped and his mattress stained with blood. He said Khanh had told him that Dung tried to kill himself over some girl, but Khanh had never met the girl and knew nothing about her.

"That's not true," Pat told him. "Khanh knew that girl very well. He and his friend, An Quoc Le, even went on a camping trip with Dung and the Arquette family.”

"All I know is what he told me," the roommate said. "When I got back to the base all my shit was gone. I want my knife back."

The roommate had nothing but nice things to say about Khanh Pham. In fact, he seemed to have liked everybody he met in Albuquerque and specifically mentioned his friendship with a police officer who was "a really great guy."

"Him and I rode bikes together," he recalled nostalgically.

He identified his motorcycle buddy as Matt Griffin -- "the Ninja Bandit" -- a notorious bank robber who was arrested one week before Kait's murder.

Answered by: Lois Duncan

hi from germany

Question: i have read your book several times, i have always wondered if the murderer had been found. i just finished it again a little while ago and for the first time thought about checking the internet on any updates. i am sorry to hear that kaits' murder still is not solved. i see so many new things on your webpage and i read through them. my prayers are with you and i hope you can solve all this at some point. thank you for your support to the other families that suffered through such horrible crimes as well. i know kait is proud of you! through your own tragedy you managed to support others. that is wonderful. keep up the great work and never give up!
claudia
from germany

Asked on Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 04:54:57 AM
Reply: Thank you for your kind words. WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was translated into many languages. It's gratifying to know that she lives on in the hearts and minds of readers all over the world.

Racism won't solve the case

Question: To the poster who talked about her town being a "pit" for other nationalities and "riddled" with Hispanics as if we are the scourge of humanity: your ignorance and hatred will not solve this case and it is unfortunate that you chose to use this board to air your clear hatred of other nationalities. I recall that such an assumption was made at the beginning of this case, when a reporter asked Mrs. Arquette if she thought it was a good idea to let her blonde, Caucasian daughter drive a red car in a town full of Hispanics/Mexicans. As I recall, this line of thinking is what led to the idea that Kaitlyn was shot simply because she was the wrong color, in the wrong place at the wrong time (i.e., the random shooting theory). As often happens, ignorance played a part in leading the investigation the wrong direction. I am sure the real murderers (whatever color or nationality they may be) were quite pleased to have this smoke screen to hide behind. It's sad that it was such an easy theory for people to buy into!

This Hispanic has an interest in seeing an unsolved murder that took place a mere mile from my front doorstep solved. Many others of my nationality, and many Vietnamese here as well, want to see this and other murders in our town solved. We want to see a safer, less corrupt Albuquerque.

Albuquerque certainly seems to have more than it's share of corrupt police officers, politicians and citizens, but the problems in our city are NOT caused by ethnic diversity. I have never had the impression that the family thought that, and I certainly hope that is not something that they believe.

Asked on Friday, August 10, 2007 at 01:13:35 PM
Reply: Thank you for that good post.

Court TV - Haunting Evidence

Question: Have you ever tried to contact this show? I love watching this show. Maybe they can help you out. I know they help gather more "evidence" for police to follow-up on on unsolved murders/cold cases.

Asked on Thursday, August 09, 2007 at 12:05:57 PM
Reply: Psychic information is only of practical use if police are willing to follow on it. In our case, APD is not even willing to follow up on physical evidence.

Kaitlyn Clare Arquette

Question: My daughter read your book and encouraged me to read it. I read the book in one day and was absorbed by the amount of contact you had through psychics regarding your daughter. My nephew was killed at age 18 a month before he was to graduate from high school and my sister has never recovered. She would only feel so fortunate to have experienced what you have in the afterlife. You are so positive in all your research regarding your daughters murder. I went to your website hoping for a conclusion and found none. After your book and all your substantial evidence, you would think that the FBI or all the new crime shows on TV would show an interest. To me the real crime is that no one has been arrested. You are a brave and remarkable person and I will pray for you to have closure. I don't have time to go through 50 pages of questions on the internet. My question is: Why has the APD, knowing new personnel are aboard, not felt the need to answer your questions or to investigate further. Someone should be arrested. Send this to Dayle Hinneman at Cold Case Files and maybe something will happen.

Asked on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 at 09:51:28 PM
Reply: Our family's personal belief, and that of outside investigators, is that a police cover-up took place at the scene, because certain police officers were protecting the criminal activities that Kait was in a position to expose. That would have halted the police investigation right there, because cops never squeal on each other.

The FBI cannot become involved because murder is not a federal crime. They could enter the investigation only if APD invited them in, and APD refused to do that.

I also e-mailed you

Question: I e-mailed you before reading any of these questions/comments. I see now that you have been given the same suggestions in which I gave. Ahh..what to do now? I happen to live in Arkansas which like someone else mentioned does border Texas and may have even been in the "triangle" of drug smuggling. Maybe I can help somehow. Do you have flyers seeking information about Kaitlyns death? If so, I can give you my address and I will post them EVERYWHERE I can. I will work day and night until every last one is posted. I did the same for Trenton Duckett when he went missing. I happen to live in a town overrun with Hispanic, Marsialese (spell check LOL), and Vietnamese. I even worked for a woman who was Vietnamese and was fired when I questioned my paycheck. I know what shady business looks like. My town is a melting pit ..not pot..but pit for other nationalities. You never know who knows what!?! What else can I do Lois? What else is there? It hurts my heart to know that the APD is so useless on so many levels. Has the FBI done anything? Have you checked MySpace for anyone blogging about Kaitlyns death? Can you file civil action against anyone in this case? Such as Nicole Brown Smiths parents did against OJ? File for damages against the officers that left the scene? File a worngful death suit against Dung or even Susan for withholding information? Maybe under that kind of pressure someone will crack! Look at OJ he even wrote a book IF I KILLED HER or something like that. Minds are fragile. Everyone has a breaking point...we just need to apply the right kind of pressure!
Jen

Asked on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 at 01:31:59 PM
Reply: Jen, I received your personal e-mail and answered directly, so I won't try to respond to all these questions on the message board.

No, the FBI has done nothing,because murder is not a federal crime and they can't become involved in the case unless APD invites them in. Which APD will not do.

There's no one person we could name in a civil suit, (no OJ for us), because we have no way of knowing who actually pulled the trigger. Especially if this was a hired hit. If you go to the menu on this web site and read the line-up of possible killers, you'll be as bewildered as we are. Any one of them could have done it.

The only IMPOSSIBLE scenario is "random shooting." And that's all that APD will consider.

hello

Question: hi
i was wondering if when kait died did you sense anything coming?
TTYL

Asked on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 07:03:56 PM
Reply: Yes. But I didn't know what.

Kait and Dung

Question: In your book you said that Kait and Dung got in many bad fights. Even though that, if Kait wouldn't have died do you think her and Dung would have gotten married?

Asked on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 11:01:46 AM
Reply: Absolutely not.

life

Question: How has you're life changed since Kait died?
What have you done differentlysince then and what have you done the same?

Asked on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 10:57:03 AM
Reply: EVERYTHING changed.

My husband took early retirement and we left New Mexico for fear of retaliation after my book came out. I stopped writing young adult suspense novels, because I could not create a fictional mystery about a girl in a life threatening situation when our own true mystery was all I could focus on. Everyone in the family developed stress induced health problems. My husband and I created the Real Crimes web site to help other families of murder victims whose cases were not properly investigated get exposure for their cases. And much more.

Betty pt 2

Question: In what way do you believe Kaitlyn moved on?

Asked on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 10:32:32 AM
Reply: It's just a personal feeling. Until after WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, I had a strong sense of Kait's spiritual presence right beside me, and she "spoke to me" in dreams that were so vivid that I considered them visitations.

Once the book came out, that sense of her presence vanished and my dreams became ordinary dreams. I experienced the distinct feeling that her job on this earth plane was completed and she had moved on to whatever comes next.

About Kait ♥

Question: I'm a new reader and a big fan, but do you believe that Kaitlyn went to heaven? Well I know that you and your family are still greeving over the loss of your daughter so I will pray for you!! ¢¾ you can never loose someone until you lost them!!

Asked on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 07:16:57 PM
Reply: I'm not comfortable responding to questions about religion, because my personal beliefs are no more likely to be right than anyone else's.

Hello

Question: Okay so I've been reading your questions and who is Damon Faye?

Asked on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 04:10:17 PM
Reply: He was one of the detectives in the APD homicide department at the time of the investigation of Kait's homicide. I think he may now be retired.

Betty the physic

Question: Hello LD I read your book and really enjoyed it but I was wondering if you still keep in touch with Betty Muenich? the physic. If so do you still try to talk to Kaitlyn?

Asked on Saturday, August 04, 2007 at 09:03:59 PM
Reply: We keep in occasional touch with Betty as a friend, but we are no longer seeking information from psychics. We learned a lot that way but feel that Kait has now moved on.

Damon Faye

Question: Will Damon Faye be identified by name in the Talley Keeper even though he wasn't in Who Killed My Daughter?

Asked on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 07:13:30 AM
Reply: Many people will be referred to by name in The Tally Keeper, who were not named in the first book. But I will not identify those people who have provided us with confidential information.

Kaits heart and lungs

Question: I just got your new book Seasons of the Heart from Amazon.com and that thing about her heart and lungs blew me away. Is the organ recipient still alive and does he still have those memories?

Asked on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 01:13:04 PM
Reply: I'm sorry to report that the organ recipient eventually died of cancer. But Kait's heart and lungs provided him with five more years of productive life than he would have had otherwise.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next