Displaying 4481 - 4500 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 225 of 276)

police corruption, cover-ups

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
Per your book, you wrote several letters to the FBI and received no response. I know that the bumbling APD will not consent to FBI involvement regarding Kait's murder, yet have you been able to get the FBI involved in the cover-ups and corruption that has been revealed since that time? If so, could a letter from a concerned and tax-paying person such as myself help in any way? I would be glad to send letters to the FBI
officials or any organizations involved with aiding your family's quest to find justice for your daughter. Please advise. I'm looking for the Tally Keeper. Best wishes to you and your family.
Jean Adams, Salinas, CA

Asked on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 01:52:43 AM
Reply: Thanks for the offer, Jean. But the FBI appears to have their own agenda. They have all the information about Kait's case and the last time we contacted them the agent we talked to said, "That case file is on my desk right now. We've been discussing it."

WHY were they discussing it after so many years? (Or was this agent telling me that just to get me off his back?) They may or may not be utilizing the information. Everything they do is secret.

Patrick Dunworth

Question: From a member of APD -- Dunworth was the supervisor of the Kaitlyn Arquette homicide case. He got dumped out of the department after the case fell through.

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 03:41:50 PM
Reply: Was that the REASON he got dumped out of APD? Or was it coincidental?

We never had any personal contact with Patrick Dunworth.

kait

Question: I was wondering does anyone know if Mr.Dunworth is still working with APD? I was looking on google, and it says their is a Patric Dunworth teaching criminal justice over at (T.V.I.) (C.N.M)

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 02:35:03 PM
Reply: No, he's no longer with APD.

Patrick Dunworth is not a common name, and that's the kind of job ex-cops get. So it's not unlikely that this is the same man.

It would be interesting if one of you who live in Albququerque signed up for that class. Then, as a student, you could ask Professor Dunworth if he was involved with the Kaitlyn Arquette homicide investigation and, if so, what were his views on that case and why.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: Lois,

my name is macey, i am 13 years young. i have just finished
reading who killed my daughter?.This is my favorite book of
all of your books you have written, and it actually made me cry
when i read the ending because if i was in your position i dont know
what ii would do. after i finished reading the first thing i thought Was
i wanna be the one to help close this case. i know i am very young
and my dream is to become something in the criminal career track. and
i hope that when i am old enogh you are around and i can finally figure
out who murdered your daughter and there exact motives. i hope u can
write me sometime.

email-superrstar300@yahoo.com

sincerely,
Macey

P.S.-whatever happened to dung

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 12:55:53 PM
Reply: Macey, you may be "very young", but you're also very wonderful. You are exactly the kind of person who is desperately needed in this messed up society.

Go, girl, go!!! And my love goes with you.

Who was the supervisor?

Question: You said you think Detective Gallegos just followed his supervisor's orders. Who was that supervisor?

Asked on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 07:59:54 AM
Reply: Sgt. Ruth Lowe was supposed to be supervising Gallegos's investigation, but I think she was cut out of the loop because she was a straight arrow. A lot of information was withheld from her.

The one with real control appears to have been Lt. Patrick Dunworth.

I don't know who was directing HIM.

Interested Reader

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan

My name is Bryndis and I'm 12 years old. I have read almost all your books and I think you are really good writer. I am really much into supernatural and mysteries, that's why I love your books.

I just started to read "Who killed my daughter?" and I think it's pretty good so far. I am on page 145 and I think Detective Gallegos is kind of suspicious because he didn't check on the phone numbers right away and he wasn't doing such a good job of being a detective.

But I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your daugter's murderer will be found. Fare well.

A big fan,
Bryndis (12), Iceland

Asked on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 06:08:17 PM
Reply: My own belief is that Detective Gallegos was simply following directions and doing what his supervisors told him. That's what cops are trained to do.

Do You?

Question: I'm a young writer from Texas, not yet discovered, but I'm gettin there. Where is her boyfriend Dung right now? They should have locked him up in prison I think! But do you keep in touch with all the friends of Kait's that she visited that night, and the original detectives ? You are my insperation when I write your books are fantastic! And I just hope they solve Kait's mystery!!

Asked on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 03:10:57 PM
Reply: I don't know where Dung is right now. After my book came out, he left Albuquerque and went to the Pacific Northwest until the dust settled. Then he returned to Albuquerque with another white girlfriend that people say looks like Kait. I've heard rumors that they're no longer together, but I don't know for sure.

No, we are not in touch with Sharon Smith (called "Susan" in my book) and the police want nothing to do with us.

article in today's Albuquerque Journal

Question: ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - An Albuquerque police officer has sued his boss and the Bernalillo County sheriff.

Officer Sam Costales alleges he’s been defamed and retaliated against since testifying against Bernalillo County deputies in a resisting arrest trial.

His civil rights lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

Costales testified on behalf of four-time Indy 500 winner Al Unser Sr. last year after Unser was arrested on a charge of disobeying police orders to leave a roadblock near their property.

Costales described deputies’ actions as rude and unprofessional, and contradicted sheriff’s deputies. Unser was acquitted.

The lawsuit says Costales reported the alleged misconduct by other officers, but it was never investigated.

Asked on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 02:59:24 PM
Reply: What I find interesting is that Sheriff Darren White accused Officer Costales of "sucker-punching" his deputies by testifying honestly in court when he was under oath. A Police Union official then apologized to Sheriff White because a member of APD broke the Blue Code of Silence.

Tally Keeper

Question: Ms Dunkin, I have been following your Daughters story and possible solving of her murder for years now and can't seem to wonder why people keep asking when the Tally Keeper will be out. Since it is a story about the murder and how you found this murder - you sure can't put it out without that key piece of evidence. I sure pray for your family that someone comes forward with that information and I read this information space every month and I am pleased that you are getting good information that may help you.

June/Denver

Asked on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 12:30:43 PM
Reply: Thank you, June.

stranger with my face

Question: where do you come up with all these ideas for such great mystery books? Well whatever it is keep it up!

Asked on Monday, August 27, 2007 at 05:32:22 PM
Reply: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy them.

discarded evidence

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan,
In May this year I wrote to you with information that the phone calls on
Kait's final bill were directly dialed. Officer Gallegos told you he would get
the listings (names) of those numbers for you. He failed to do so, and Sgt.
Lowe claimed she knew nothing about them.
Although I realize Law and Order shows are fiction, nearly every time there
is a homicide on L&O, SVU, which I watch faithfully, the detectives first want
to check phone records, both from cell phones and land lines.
I cannot understand why these police officers did not pursue the numbers
called the night your daughter died. That was probably the first of many
more botched events in the investigation. I'm sorry you are unable to call
on Dayle Hinman of the FBI to help solve the case, because the APD was not diligent or efficient enough to do a proper job, and that is why they will
not allow the FBI to step in.
Can you please tell me if you have a publication date for your sequel? I
only skimmed through it on the net since I want to read it all at once.
Thank you, and God be with you and all of your family.
Jean Adams, California (6)

Asked on Monday, August 27, 2007 at 12:26:57 AM
Reply: Those phone numbers -- the fact that Detective Gallegos told us he'd checked them out and given the results to Sgt. Lowe, and Sgt. Lowe telling us she knew nothing about them -- was our first indication that APD was not playing straight with us.

No, there is no publication date set for The Tally Keeper .

The Tally Keeper

Question: One more thing...Is "The Tally Keeper" set to release anytime soon? Or can I download it online?

Out of curiosity is it possible with all of the corrupt officials in this town that the first officers on the scene were actually the ones who murdered your daughter? Afterall the crime scene was wiped clean, the weapons used were different (Iread was possible) and the fact that they were "clean as the driven snow" doesn't mean they could not have been paid to commit the crime. Who would know if they were the only ones there? What better reason to leave, no one would suspect a police officer would they?

Just thinking outloud.

Asked on Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 08:38:50 AM
Reply: The TALLY KEEPER isn't ready to launch yet.

Since we don't know who murdered Kait, it's not impossible that a police officer was involved. But there are other possibilities as well.

Your "thinking out loud" is useful. Thank you.

I wish...

Question: I am the mother of a 16 year old daughter and because of your book. My daughter is very open with me about everything and does not try to take on the world by herself. She read your book a couple of years ago and although we have always had an outstanding relationship, now it is even closer. People always think we are sisters instead of mother and daughter.

My daughter has decided on a career in forensics and I am very proud. She wanted to have the ability to give families the closure in certain unsolved cases, such as missing children and loved ones found years later and finally identified.

I just wanted to say, I wish I could take your pain away and I am sorry for your loss. I hope one day someone comes forward so that you may have the closure you need to move on. We check the website often for updates. Keep the faith and that day will come.

Asked on Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 07:55:56 AM
Reply: God bless both you and your daughter. The two of you sound wonderful.

ms ducan

Question: corruption at such a high leval that in it self should be a federal crime a special federal team should be assigned to weed out the bad seed that is using ther job to terroirze the people in there community. that police department needs to get rid of all those who should have been fired not promoted or tranfer for this cancer cannot be rid of that way a house cleaning is needed and the people should demand and vote out those not doing the oath they took to protect and serve its people. when there is code of silence we all lose because the we are protecting the wrong and they are the new gangs stealing , robbing, killing and they force the good ones to look away and do noting and hide behind there badge and think there above the law because the law is protecting them.its is very sad when those who know the truth about your daughter may never come forward because of fear and death they believe silence is keeping them safe.

Asked on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 09:11:06 PM
Reply: The sad thing is, silence is NOT keeping them safe. It's the people who are SITTING on their information -- the way Kait did -- who are threats to those who are involved. Once people have spoken out, there's no longer a reason to kill them, because the damage already has been done. Killing them then would simply reinforce the fact that what they reported was accurate.

Kaitlyn C Arquette

Question: Duncan Family:

Sorry for your loss, How is it that on the day( sat.) your daughter wants this boy-friend to move out and the next day on (sun_) she is killed!!!. yes she was set up by those she thought were her friends. - wanted no- part she became a liability. The suppose v.i.p may have been her boy-friend boss and his wife and those she met in California. which made them up-set at her for showing up where she was not expected. her in a manager of shipping and receiving and checking in-voice was just a front for illegal activity and that is what she may have step on and by breaking off with the boy-friend. her fear on seeking help from her family may have been her biggest mistake and she knew it and try to get home when she realized the this sharon smith was all part of this ring unbeknown to her put her on the road to her death . the reason she wanted to known if the boy-friend was at her apartment may have been her way on checking on where he was and his friends since he had no car- transportion and may have wanted sharon to ask if he had some=one following her after being chase and shot at ,unless she knew it was only a set up and fled. I hope but rest assure justice will come from a higher source and those who are responsible will get their\'s here on earth and above. bless you all and may God give the same mercy they gave your\" beautiful Kaitlyn \" peace and love diane. p.s. in one of the comments i read about Noah Robinson the half- brother of rev- jesse jackson is he may be the so call psyschi v.i.p that your daughter miss-took for the Rev and may have cost her her life both brothers look so- much alike .

Asked on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 04:05:14 PM
Reply: I agree that not telling her family was a major mistake. However, she was probably trying to protect Dung. She feared that we would report his illegal activities to the authorities, and he would be deported. She was trying to convince him to break his ties with that criminal group and turn his life around.

However, I think she was preparing to confide in her oldest sister. She was very close to Robin, who lived in Florida, and at the end of July, Kait was going to fly there to visit her. She wrote to Robin that she had important things she needed to discuss with her, but she couldn't put them in writing.

She never had a chance to make that trip.

August 2007. 19th SATURDAY.

Question: AUG. 19, SAT. 2007.
----------
Nguyen, probably will never talk, because
Asians, in general, fear cops. And for good reason.
Cops have so much \"power\" they could
probably turn Mother Teresa into a child molester
with their Subterfuge, and fabricated paper work.

----------

To this day, cops are often referred to as
MI-CHIN-NOM-DUL, in S. Korea. MI-CHIN-NOM-DUL
is an all-encompassing slur, directed
to cops, THE closest English translation I can
think of is: dirty cop terrorists with "police powers."
----------
A dirty cop will tell you with a straight face,
that they had to shoot a in the back and kill
a stark naked \"suspect\" running away, because the cop
feared for his life.
Most unionized street cops of any city u.s.a. DO NOT
understand the first thing about the concept of
DE-ESCALATION. The U.K. street cops, most with
only a billy stick, seem to be much, much better with
this non-lethal weapon: De-Escalation Tactics...
----------
In my experience, women cops are
not that much better. It seems when one side is ARMED,
and the private citizen is unarmed, then 9.99999
out of 10, the private citizen will \"lose\" (their life).
Policing should BE largely about, DE-ESCALATION.
In my opinion.
---------- THE END.

Asked on Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 05:57:09 PM
Reply: That's an interesting observation and one with which many people agree.

Ray Duran

Question: Ray Duran was asked to leave APD and is bitter. I've heard different things about what he did next, PI, Dee Jay, Airport Police, etc. Don't know which if any is true. I do know for a fact he was a ladys man, multiple marriages, fights over him at Kirtland by woman APD cops.

Asked on Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 03:06:41 PM
Reply: Many retired cops become private investigators, body guards, etc. It's the kind of work they've been trained for.

Ray Duran

Question: what happend to Ray Duran, is he still on the force?

Asked on Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 05:58:16 PM
Reply: Probably not. Very few of the police officers who were on the force back in 1989 are still there. Most have retired.

the rapist cop

Question: I don't know which cop made that statement to Debby about Kait's murder but unless there was more than one cop who was following women home and raping them I'm pretty I know who the rape cop was because I knew one of the women. She was active Air Force and lived off base on San Mateo.

If he's the guy I'm thinking about, he was booted out of APD.

Asked on Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 02:59:11 PM
Reply: Please, send us additional information by private e-mail.

Answered by: Kait's mom

that cop

Question: was the cop, or did he become, high ranking? (above leutenent)

Asked on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 06:27:55 PM
Reply: To the best of my knowledge, no.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next