Displaying 4461 - 4480 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 224 of 270)

Seasons of the Heart

Question: I ordered your new book SEASONS OF THE HEART from Amazon.com. I've never been so touch by anything in my life. I feel like I know you and your family so intimately that I'm almost a part of it. I don't normally read poetry, but the poems in that book are so woven into what was going on in your life at the time you wrote them that they make me feel like I was living in your heart.

Thank you for writing that book.

DS

Asked on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 03:43:09 PM
Reply: Thank you for liking that book. It is my life journey. By reading it, you took that journey with me.

Birthdays

Question: What was Dungs birthday? What about Sharon Smith- about how old would she be?

Asked on Saturday, June 02, 2007 at 05:54:51 PM
Reply: Dung's DOB is March 25, 1963

Sharon's DOB is January 4, 1962. So she is 45 now.

Desert Castle

Question: That house on Tierra Monte has to be it. I checked it out on the Web cam and anything further south is in Sandia Heights. I don't think Sandia Heights was developed that much in the late 80's. Of course that means the house would have been in more solitude back in the 1980's in Sandia Heights. Currently, there are many houses in that area that could resemble a small castle.

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 03:28:35 PM
Reply: We've pretty much given up trying to identify the house. Too many castle-like residences; too many political VIPs involved in New Mexico drug trade.

Nancy Czetli

Question: Why did she say the house on Tierra Monte was not the house? I went to the the psychic readings on this website and she doesn't mention the house at all. Just a slight description of the political VIP.

Did she give you more information at a later date?

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 03:22:02 PM
Reply: In the paperback edition of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER:

Pg. 289: I mailed our second set of Desert Castle photographs to Nancy Czetli and asked her if this was the place where Kait had seen the drug transaction.

Pg. 292: Upon our return to Albuquerque we found a message from Nancy czetli on our answering machine: "I got the pictures you sent, and you don't have the right house."

230 clock direction/desert castle

Question: dear lois, Where is the 1200 in the 230 clock direction? north albuq or west? and according to pg #293 in wkmd didn't nancy czetli say that the desert castle is stucco with a flat roof and a semicircular driveway?

thanks

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 11:20:22 AM
Reply: I've never thought of 12 o'clock as anything but north. Although other people have surprised me by interpreting it differently.

It was Noreen Renier who described the "castle." Nancy Czetli is the one who told us the house in Tierra Monte isn't the right place.

And remember, psychics -- even good ones -- are almost never totally on target. And Kait allegedly saw that place at night. Her impressions of it may not have been totally accurate and because of that the psychics picked up incorrect details.

Question: Thank you for answering my questions. I have read through many questions on your site and I am amazed how you take the time to write a reply to everyone. Have you ever logged how many hours you spend replying to people like myself?
I hope your family will someday have closure on your daughter's death.
I send you prayers and strength during this journey.
[From:Stacey]

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 10:44:58 AM
Reply: No, I don't keep track of things like that. I respond to so much e-mail anyway from school kids who have author reports to do, that responding to posts on the message board is nothing. (And, of course, I don't bother responding to rude questions -- only to those that are well intentioned.)

One More Question

Question: Do you continue to have contact with the psychics? If so, has there been more information brought to light about your daughters life and/or death?
[From:Stacey]

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 09:32:10 AM
Reply: We're no longer consulting psychics. We feel we got everything that way we were destined to get. However, Betty Muench has become a personal friend.

Hi

Question: I noticed a comment from Anne Rule on the front of the cover of your book. Are you friends with her?
[From: Stacey]

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 09:30:13 AM
Reply: Ann and I are good friends. We go back a long way.

Sharon

Question: Have you ever suspected Sharon's involvement in all of this? From what I've read in your book on on this website, her actions seem pretty suspicious, especially that whole thing about disappearing from the Pier One job. Perhaps she's the woman who the psychics mentioned that knows something.

Asked on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 07:25:41 AM
Reply: I don't know how Sharon fits into this. But I do know she has not been truthful with us and with our investigators.

Visit to Sharon

Question: If you were unable to get the phone records from the evening of Kait's death, then there is only Sharon's word that she phoned Kait's boyfriend and their home. It messes with the timeline quite a bit and it certainly seems like the possibility that Kait was never at Sharon's home or left quite a bit earlier than Sharon stated is possible.
I think that you and your family are very strong and god bless you for having the strength to relive this nightmare over and over in the hope that justice will be served. I hope that one day you will find the answers you are seeking.

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:31:05 PM
Reply: You're right. It does mess with the timeline. Then, if we toss in the fact that Sharon's best friend, Denise, told our P.I. that Kait phoned her (Denise) from Sharon's that night to invite her to come over and join them, and they (Kait and Sharon) were laughing and drinking wine and having a great time, that REALLY makes you stop and think:

(1) Kait had never met Denise. Why would she want to invite her over to Sharons?

(2) How could Kait and Sharon be "laughing and having a great time," if Kait was weeping and having Sharon dial Dung over and over?

(3) If they were drinking wine, why was there no alcohol in Kait's blood?

Kait Arquette

Question: How old would Kait be today? Do you ever think about how lovely and rich Kait's life would have been as a doctor, and a husband would have loved her, and the Arquette family would have possibly had more grandchildren, wouldn't that have been great? I'm so sorry 4 your loss.

- An 11 year old in Oregon

P.S. I'm reading, Who killed my daughter right now!

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 06:32:15 PM
Reply: Today Kait would be 36 years old. And, yes, I do think a lot about what her life might have been like if she'd a chance to live it.

castle

Question: I was always wondering where the house was that you described in chapter 23. Can you at least tell us if it was on Tierra Monte or Sandia Heights? Since I read your book it have been looking at a lot of those houses. I lived in Albuquerque for 30 years and I never knew they were there. I can' t imagine who can afford those houses.

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 11:26:58 AM
Reply: Tierra Monte.

Answered by: Kait;s Mom

The "castle" house

Question: I guess even if it was the house, there would be no point in discovering that it was where the NM VIPs met. Would not solve her murder. Sorry for going on and on about it. Forgive me.

Still praying for a miracle!

Asked on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:25:13 AM
Reply: I can understand why people find the concept of "The Desert Castle" intriguing -- especially since it was mentioned by more than one psychic.

Hi

Question: Dear Lois,
I just finished reading your book about Kait and I knew I had to write to you. How is your family doing now? Your story touched me and I am very sorry you and your family had to experience the loss of Kait and everything with the investigation. You are a very determined woman who obviously loves her family. I wish you all the best.

Asked on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 08:51:33 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

the book

Question: i am twelve year old boy reading your book was it true that Dung knew about the murder when it happend (my name is rafael navas)

Asked on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 08:06:39 PM
Reply: There are several reasons for us to believe that Dung knew about the shooting when it happened:

(1) He phoned one of Kait's friends before midnight and told her, "They shot Kait!" (Police didn't go to the apartment and "wake him" up to inform him until 3 a.m.)

(2) Police told him Kait was at University Hospital. The police report says that, when they left the apartment around 4 a.m., Dung said he was leaving immediately to go to the hospital. However, he didn't do that. He and two carloads of friends drove RIGHT PAST the hospital and went to THE SCENE OF THE SHOOTING. How would they know where that was? And why would Dung want to see what was going on there instead of how Kait was doing?

(3) Why would two carloads of Dung's buddies all be up and dressed and ready to accompany him to the crime scene at 4 a.m.?

the home you saw

Question: the home you explored sounds so much like the one I found. Back when you saw it, was it white brick? Also the one I saw had a small observatory to the right of it.

If you go to map.live.com and you get an aerial view, this particular house I found also had a tennis court off to the side and towards the back of it. But your description below sounds very much like the one I saw minus the observatory. There were lots of steps passed the archway up to the main entrance, but from our car I couldn't tell if they were tile. If you go to the map.live website you can see lots of the homes. But you're right many of them could have been the one. I have to admit though, the one I looked at gave me a weird feeling. My daughter (17 yrs. old) said the same thing, in fact she mentioned it before I did. A lot of the homes we saw around the same area looked uninhabited.

Asked on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 01:12:30 PM
Reply: You and I probably did find the same house. I was very excited when I found it. I thought, "This is it!!!" (That was before I discovered how many such places there were.)

However:

(1) If we're going to take psychic information into account, this house is too far north and a bit too far away from Kait's death site for it to match Noreen Renier's reading.

(2) When I sent photos of the house to psychic detective Nancy Czetli, who works from "the energy in photos," she stated that she was certain this was not the right place.

It's startling to discover the number of such mansions that exist on the outskirts of Albuquerque. The average person doesn't realize they're there. Most of them are hidden behind walls or other structures that hide them from view and/or have blocked roads leading up to them.

One tipster, who, for obvious reasons, doesn't want to be identified, told us this:

“This is in response to the psychic’s description of the house in the mountains where Kait Arquette saw a VIP buy drugs. I know all about those homes and what they are used for. A man I used to do business with in New Mexico got involved with the Colombian cartel. He purchased a number of homes, some with airstrips. That’s how the cartel laundered money. Some of those homes were mansions worth millions of dollars. Rarely did anyone live in them. Occasionally they would be used for visitors of the cartel or other drug transactions.”

I'm not suggesting that the mansion that you and I found is such a place. I think it's pretty certain that it isn't.

road to castle in foothills

Question: Take I-25 north to Tramway. Exit on Tramway heading east toward the Sandia's. Just before you reach the big curve that takes you to the Tramway, there's a paved road that you have to turn left on to head toward all the homes that are in that area. The road has a green sign that has "La Cueva Rd. / Terra Monte. Turn left on this road, go 100 yards and turn right on the road that's sign says Terra Monte. If you follow this road up and back deep into this enclave, keeping to the left, you finally reach a chain-linked fence that has a sign "No Trespassing," I kept going. Came upon a huge home that appeared to be uninhabited. Surrounded by a great white brick wall, approx. 12ft. tall. with an iron gate at the entrance. The home itself is made of all white brick, the stairs leading up to the front door were many. The house itself appeared to be of Mediterrean architecture. It was huge. Very ostentatious. I can see why Kait would have described or thought of this dwelling as a "castle." If this would be the house.

Asked on Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 08:44:54 PM
Reply: This sounds like the house I described in chapter 23:

"I found the Mediterraneon manion without any difficulty ... The gate was locked, and I didn't see any sign of life; no cars were parked in the courtyard or in the circular driveway. I climbed over the gate and walked across the courtyard ... I continued under the archway and up the tiled stairs to the bronzemounted doors of the main building. The term castle suited the place perfectly, and it even had four outbuildings, including an animal house and a cabana for the swimming pool ... I peered in through the windows and saw that the residence was furnished, but thee was a feeling of vacancy about it, with deck chairs blown over by the wind, scum in the swimming pool, and tumbleweeds lying in drifts among the marble statuary."

But, aside from the physical description, we have no reason to believe that this was the house.

castle

Question: Last post: I know which area you're talking about (at least I think I do), we used to go up there as teenagers and hang out, late 60's early 70's. There is a structure that is made of rocks, we called it the "rock house". Different teens used it for partying, BBQing, etc. Is this the area you are talking about? If it is, there are huge homes up there, that could be construed as "castle" looking.

Asked on Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 09:23:08 AM
Reply: The problem is that there are so many huge huge homes in that area, it's impossible to pinpoint a particular one.

castle

Question: Much speculation about the 'castle' has centered around the Glenwood Hills and Sandia Heights areas. What about the area of homes that are at the base of the Sandias north of Sandia Heights and north of the Tram? There is a road leading to picnic areas and a trail head for the crest trail and off of that road is another road leading to an isolated neighborhood of homes (some quite large) that were there when I moved to Albuquerque in 1980. I can't remember the name of the area but something like Tierra Amada seems to come to mind. Have you driven around there?

Asked on Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 02:02:28 AM
Reply: In WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, Chapter 23, I describe my search in that area.

Kait\\

Question: I have read the first book a few years back and it always sticks in my head. If I recall, in the book, you were able to communicate with Cait thru a psychic. I found that quite fascinating and truly believe in this phenomena. Have you ever thought about contacting Sylvia Brown or John Edwards? I know they are more exposed to us in a celebrity way. I do know that Sylvia Brown does 20 minute phone readings, for a price. If I recall, it was steep, like $700?....it\\\'s worth a shot, if you feel you have not exhausted that angle.

What has become of Dung Nguyen? I have read everything on this site, and I just piece together that he did not expect Caitlyn to be killed, since he called the friends in hysterics. I feel that night she was shot, she saw something and was caught seeing it and was silenced. I am sure Dung knew and it was out of his control. Everything connects and Cait had to be sacrificed.

Have they checked the phone records the night she was supposedly at her friend Sharon\\\'s? Did Sharon really make those calls to her apt. to see if Dung was there? Did Cait really see Sharon that night and those instructions she left were just to throw people off and she went elsewhere? Making you and others think she really was at Sharon\\\'s? Do you feel that Cait knew she was in danger and didn\\\'t want to tell her family to protect them? Perhaps she felt she was in over her head with all she witnessed and knew. I apologize if these are old questions as I don\\\'t have a copy of the book to go back for reference.

Thank you for your time. [Jill K.]

Asked on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 08:01:48 PM
Reply: Yes, we did consult psychics after Kait's death. Since I was at that time a contributing editor for Woman's Day, I got an assignment to write an article about the most respected psychic detectives in the country, (the ones who work regularly with law enforcement), so I had access to the Best. We were amazed at the uniformity of the information they provided. None of them knew we were consulting others, so they couldn't have compared notes, and they all told us close to the same thing.

I have no desire to consult Sylvia Browne. I've heard too many negative things about her from people who HAVE consulted with her. And I don't think we need John Edwards. Frankly, at this point, I believe we've gotten all the psychic info we need. Now what we need is hard evidence to back up what the psychics have told us.

Your suggestion that Kait may not have gone to Sharon's at all that night is a new idea that never occurred to us before. Our reasons for thinking she went there were (1) she told us she was going there; (2) Sharon said she was there; (3) a piece of paper with Sharon's written directions to her home was on the floorboard of Kait's car; (4) Kait's next door neighbor told an investigator he was out in his yard when Kait left Sharon's home and Sharon introduced them before Kait drove off; (5) Kait was shot about an 8 minute drive from Sharon's home. But we've stopped taking anything forgranted. The neighbor could have lied. So this is something new to think about.

About the phone records -- the phone company said they didn't keep records of local calls. Only long distance.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next