Displaying 4441 - 4460 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 223 of 276)

Rod

Question: Its exciting to see that Rod's visiting this site and posting on the message board. All of a sudden he's real to me and not just a character in a book that read almost like fiction.

Rod, would you be willing to tell us about your friendship with Kait? Was she really going to break up with Dung?

Asked on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 08:11:37 AM
Reply: Rod definitely is a real person. He always posts on Kait's birthday and on the anniversary of her death. If he wants to post about his relationship with Kait, that's find with us. It's his decision to make.

have you heard from rod

Question: I seen that Kate had a secret boyfriend besides dung have you heard anything from him yet and wheres is dung now is he lock up or what? Are most of the police who were involved in this case dead or still alive?

Asked on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 06:27:28 PM
Reply: The message two below this one, titled "Happy Birthday," was posted by Rod.

We don't know where Dung is now, but we have no reason to believe he's ever been arrested for anything.

Most of the police involved in this case are still alive, although some have retired from APD.

Happy Birthday Kate

Question: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE
To the mother I am sorry for all what you have been through i just wish you the best in finding out what actually happened.

Everything will be okay just keep her near your heart i know you are just wait one day the truth will hopefully come out.

Asked on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 05:56:24 PM
Reply: I hope you're right.

Happy Birthday

Question: Happy 37th kiddo ... hopefully this is the year the truth of your murder comes to light ... though we never got to share your birthday together while you were alive, I will once again see you this evening with a white candle in hand ... and to anyone with real information about Kait's murder PLEASE contact Lois, she will keep your identity hidden and you can finally put an end to this search for the truth.

~Rod

Asked on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 04:15:12 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting that, Rod.

condolences

Question: i dont have any questions . i am a freshman and i read your book for a project . i thought that it was absolutely heartbraking . i wish you luck in yuor continued search .

Asked on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 03:01:37 PM
Reply: Thank you.

Who Killed My Daughter?

Question: {Catherine}
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. I am the mother of two and couldn't fathom the pain you and your family have gone through. I have not yet read your story, however, I'm going out tomorrow to buy the book. I hope your prayers are answered and peace comes your way.

Asked on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 09:56:25 PM
Reply: Thank you for wanting to read WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. Because it's an old book, (published in 1992), you won't find it in many bookstores. The best way to get it is to order from on-line bookstores like Amazon.com.

why not? Jen Again

Question: I went onto the other website that you have on this case. I dont understand how you can have all these tips and information on something and nobody (police wise) wont check up on it. Do you still stay somewhere in new mexico and are things still that bad down there like police covering things up and the police are the ones doing the crimes? Have you only had the new mexico police and judges only look at this case or have you had somebody with the law look at in the united states and see what they think am sure you did since we all know the police are trying to hide something. I know this might be stupid question but this actually is kate mother am writing and she is the one writing back, right? The case is still open or have they closed it completely. I hope not because somebody needs to be punished for this crime. This type of stuff makes me wanna get into the law force so i can find out who really did this and so they can be punised for the foolish ignorant crime they committed.

Asked on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 02:20:36 PM
Reply: Yes, this really is Kait's mother responding to posts. The case is technically open, since nobody has been convicted. However, the police consider it "closed" and refuse to do further investigation.

APD "owns" Kait's case. No other agency has the authority to investigate it.

Happy Birthday, Kait

Question: Wishing Kait an early Happy Birthday. I believe that everyone who reads her story is visited by a bit of her spirit. I know I am.

Asked on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 10:10:15 AM
Reply: Yes, Tuesday, September 18, is Kait's birthday. If things had gone as she planned, by now she would be a doctor, possibly a pediatrician, because she loved children. She would be married (happily, of course) and she and her husband would have four children and live in Corrales and have dogs and horses.

Tonight every member of our family, wherever we all are, will light a candle to bring light to her spirit and sing "Happy Birthday." She still is one of us.

Kaitlyn

Question: Ok im am 12 and i just read your book... i am terribly sorry for you loss. I was wondering if you have found out who was the triggerman was?and who hired him? Your family will always be in my parayers...

Asked on Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 03:27:10 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sympathy. No, we don't know the identity of the triggermen.

I say "triggerMEN," plural, because evidence indicates that two people fired shots. One large caliber bullet went into the car doorframe, and two small caliber bullets went into Kait's head.

Eric Garcia

Question: Was Eric Garcia one of the cops who hung out at that car repair shop on Arno where the VW went after leaving Kate's scene? What's the address of that car shop?

Asked on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 03:30:52 PM
Reply: The body shop was A&A Unlimited aka Rocky Mountain Radiator.

It was located at 824 Arno NE. Owners were Frank Arellano (now deceased) and his wife Shirley Arellano and their son, Michael.
The bookkeeper was Stephanie Francisco.

A year or so ago the business was sold and burned to the ground.

APD Officer Eric Garcia

Question: ... from previous message where I got cut off. I was saying I hope other people with information that links to these people will send it to Kait's family. Their probably not looking for retaliation at this point, they just want closure. God knows they deserve it.

Asked on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 03:20:49 PM
Reply: Sorry you got cut off. We look forward to receiving your information.

APD Gang officer Eric Garcia

Question: I'll throw a new name into the mix. APD Gang Officer Eric Garcia. His father, Fermin Garcia, was the owner and Manager of GO VIDEO and related to Alvin Campbell, Sheriff of Bernalillo County at that time.

I'll send more information privately. I hope anyone reading this who reacts to those names

Asked on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 02:46:22 PM

Kaitlyn

Question: I happened upon your book yesterday at a yard sale.

The moment I finished it I got online to see what the conclusion had been.

I'm horrified to see that it still has yet to BE concluded.

Regarding the APD, a line from the movie Billy Jack comes to mind...
"When policemen break the law, there IS no law."

I also wanted to mention that I think Dung's name fits him perfectly... he IS what his name suggests, since he knows who murdered Kaitlyn yet refuses to say.

I know you keep saying that you don't think he killed her, but he may as well have pulled the trigger, having involved her at all.
Then, to drag her deeper into it, to make her a part of it to protect her...
Honestly, he should've been the one to have had his life ended since this is the kind of person he is.

He is every bit as much to blame as the one(s) who actually did the shooting.

Kaitlyn didn't deserve this.

Dung does.

I hope he gets his karma in this life and that we all get to know it.
Then, I hope he rots in hell for a very, very long time and is aware of every second of it.
And, if he does have another life after this one, I pray it's one that he deserves... that of a toiletbowl brush or maybe a fire hydrant in a dog park.

I wish you and your family as much peace and healing as you can find,
Stevie

Asked on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 06:33:04 AM
Reply: I love the line you quoted from that movie. And it's particularly interesting because a cop who used the screen name "Billy Jack" contacted us with information. Now I realize the significance of the name he used.

Jen an interested reader

Question: In my senior year of high school I read this book which may I say I could not put it down I just had to finish it. I was upset at the end of the book because I did\'nt get to find out who actually committed this crime, let alone you as the mother have\'nt. Now a year later I have graduated and my sister is in her senior year reading this book now. She bought it home today talking about it, when i was reading it I always wonder since it was a true story should\'nt there be any information on the internet. I never actually got around to look it up then but today i came to work and found this website. As I was reviewing back over everything bc i forgot somethings that happened in the book. I started remembering everything but still dont understand things. I have many Questions if you can answer some of them if you dont mind. Did yall ever get a chance to get an actual phone record which actually shows who called her apt or if somebody dialed out? I seen that the police did\'nt follow through like they should of, you can\'t do anything about that?

Asked on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 08:44:33 PM
Reply: Yes, we were able to verify that the phone calls, made from Kait's apartment as soon as she was pronounced dead, were to the insurance fraud capper, Bao Tran, in California.

We don't know which of Dung's friends made the calls to inform Bao Tran that Kait was dead. At one point Dung told police he heard Khanh Pham make the calls. At another time he told police he heard An Quoc Le make the calls. (In truth, he didn't hear anybody make the calls, as he was with us at the hospital at the time they were made.)

No, there's nothing we can do about it. It's no crime to make a phone call.

MySpace url

Question: I don't blame you. So am I. That's too bad that someone could be so cruel to use Kaitlin's info to start an account on MySpace.

Probably some sicko!

Asked on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 10:26:47 AM
Reply: Possibly, but not necessarily.

a number of Kait's friends have asked me if they can do "Myspace" pages that talk about her case. Of course, I always say "yes" because the more people who know about it, the better.

Posting a "Myspace" page in her name might be a well-intentioned and creative way to do that.

Person who posted MySpace url

Question: As in Chris Crocker?

Asked on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 01:15:21 PM

MySpace url

Question: I just checked out that url that one of the posters left. It's there. You should have someone in your family (or a friend) creat an account so you can start talking to this person. Maybe it will lead you somewhere. Just a thought.

Asked on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 01:13:27 PM
Reply: I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I'm reluctant to get involved with Myspace.

closer

Question: do you feel that this case has come significantly closer to solving this mystery within the past 2 years? Also...maybe you should make a myspace for people who want to connect to you to help solve this case. Just advice...considering almost everyone has a myspace these days including politicians to music artist...just a thought...if you would rather not that is okay!! My thoughts and prayers are with your family~ one of your many fans and supporters!

Asked on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 12:14:25 PM
Reply: Yes, the past two years have brought us a lot of important new information. However, if the police are unwilling to follow up on it, the case can't be officially "solved."

This Web site and message board serve the same purpose as a "Myspace." People with knowledge about Kait's case run her name through Google and land here.

[From Chris]

Question: Did you know that Kaitlyn has a myspace page? Im not sure if you/your family set it up or if it was someone else? The picture on the profile is of your daughter. The URL is http://www.myspace.com/174703622
Thanks

Asked on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 02:22:58 PM
Reply: That wasn't posted by any of us.

I don't know much about "My Space." I assume that anybody who wants to post under a pseudonym can do that, even if the name they're posting under is a dead person.

Maybe it's a friend of Kait's who wants to get information. Or maybe it's a prankster.

At any rate, it's not a member of Kait's family.

freedom of information act

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette,

My question is; is it possible for you to sue the APD, under the Freedom on Information Act regarding the tips they refuse to reveal on that website; or even in a civil lawsuit for their millions of mistakes and bungling of your daughter's case; to being negligible in that their incompetence and unwillingness to follow up thoroughly? I know you would be uncomfortable with it; but if it helped; you could use the money to start a foundation in Kait's name.....
Has anything come of Chief Judge Brennan's arrest? Its a pity judges can't be tried for errors on the bench....

a fan

Asked on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 02:02:34 AM
Reply: When it became evident that our only hope of obtaining the photographs from the second day work-up on Kait’s car would be to file a suit against APD, we made a trip to Albuquerque to meet with attorneys who had a history of suing the City. We were up front about the fact that our goal was to take the case to court so we could subpoena copies of case materials.

One attorney after another told us they weren't interested. The last one we met with was compassionate enough to tell us why.

"No attorney will take on this case with that stipulation,” he said. “True, there are those of us who have built our practices on suing the police, but we always settle out of court. The City has set aside a large amount of money for settlements with no admission of wrongdoing. That's the way it's done here."

Later the City Council commissioned an independent study "in the context of a serious and ongoing community crisis regarding the performance of the APD.” The study revealed that the city sets aside $4 million per year to settle claims against APD. Since the largest portion of those settlements goes to attorneys, it’s easy to see why they might be reluctant to upset that well-laden apple cart.

Judge Brennan resigned from the bench before he could be suspended, so he's eligible for retirement benefits. He went to the Betty Ford clinic and, upon his return, pleaded guilty to DWI and possession of cocaine. He was sentenced to a year’s probation and two days of house arrest and given a conditional discharge on the drug charge, so the felony conviction will eventually be removed from his record. His lady friend also pleaded guilty and received the same “punishment.” By entering guilty pleas, they avoided trial, which meant they never can be forced to disclose where they were that night or identify their drug suppliers.

I don't know where he is right now. There are rumors that he's working for his friends, the Maloofs, but I don't know that for a fact.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next