Displaying 4441 - 4460 of 6106 posts for this case -- (Page 223 of 306)

...Got it part 2

Question: TO EVERY NAY SAYER READING THIS: i'm in no way saying anything derogatory about Kait when I say this: Her and/or Dung were meeting and selling drugs to Paul Apodaca that night. Paul was asked and/or setup to buy and kill that night. Which is why Wallace was so close to the scene. She was called by Paul or his brother, comes to the scene to help Paul get out of this mess, create a story, ram the car into the pole, takes off to either hide the damage to her car and waits down the street for the "call". cont..

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 09:05:52 PM
Reply: I'm the last person to pretend that Kait was perfect -- (after all, she used her credit card to rent the car that Dung staged a wreck in, and obviously knew about the insurance fraud and didn't report it) -- but I'm absolutely certain that she would not have been involved in drug dealing. She was very much against drugs and wouldn't even smoke a cigarette.

Besides which, Paul Apodaca has admitted to being in the neighborhood that night buying drugs from Lee Padialla, the brother of Chris Padilla, an APD narc. He wasn't buying drugs from Dung.

...Got it

Question: Wallace bad, Merriman good. She states hearing moaning and crying forgetting she
she wasnt supposed be there when Kait was doing this. Lies about the call to her superior. Merriman did make the call to Sgt. Mossier,but the reason he wasnt there for rescue , was someone came and grabbed a "good, unobjective, caring officer" from the scene so he wouldn't cause problems. Wallace was busy calling Padilla because his brother was involved and/or murdered someone. cont..

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 08:52:02 PM
Reply: I find it hard to believe that somebody "grabbed" Det. Merriman, but I do think it's possible that he was in some way manipulated.

The Message Below

Question: The message below is very interesting. What would make more sense than Kait's killers (or the clean-up crew) staging an accident? It might be worth making a list of the anomalies concerning the car, the accident scene, the position of Kait's injuries relative to the driver's window, the known forensics regarding blood spatter. etc. "What happened" would be the story that makes all of those known facts make sense.

Asked on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 at 06:58:45 PM
Reply: We are not allowed access to any of that information.

That's information that would have been gleaned during a second-day work up on ait's car. APD maintains that there was no second day work-up.

However, when our private investigator phoned the Criminalistics Supervisor in charge of Kait's scene, who is no longer with APD and lives out of state, he said there definitely WAS a second day work-up. He said the reports of that work-up had been sent to the homicide detectives and to the records department and was astonished to learn that no record of them existed.

Have you ruled out

Question: that she was in the passenger seat of the car. There were eye witness accounts that stated 2 people had been seen in the car when it drove past.

I wonder how likely it was that Kait was not shot while she was in the drivers seat, but shot and then put in the passenger seat, and somebody purposefully drove the car into the pole to stage a "CAR ACCIDENT" just like the Vietnamese were being accused of doing for insurance money. It could also explain why there is so much blood on the right side of the car.

Asked on Monday, August 31, 2009 at 11:48:55 PM
Reply: That's a thought that never occurred to me.

Unanswered Questions Final

Question: Fourth, not finding any bullets at all sounds more of a mystery to me or possibly the tampering of evidence? When doing an autopsy the round should have been found. If one wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t done even an x-ray would have shown the rounds still lodged someplace within her body. I presume that neither of these were done or thought of by the police.

The position of the front tires looks as if the vehicle were being directed into the pole. In most all accidents and scenes I have seen the victim will slump either forward or to the right while hands still on the wheel causing the vehicle to travel or roll off to the right and in most cases never jump a curve. The fact that her car went not only to the left but over a raised medium and then over a curb hitting the pole (and again depending on the damage) would indicated either accelerating or was pushed.

I believe that a more detailed inspection of the vehicle was needed then had been done. The fact that the passenger door handle had been touched and opened as stated in one place would have possibly destroyed any prints or would have gave the reasoning for their prints to be on there.

I am not sure if any of this helps or not since there has been so much time lapse. Again I am very sorry for your loss. If I can be of assistance I will be happy to give you my email address. [From: nealdavid2007@aol.com]

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:50:43 AM
Reply: The man from the Medical Examiner's office who testified before the grand jury said, "I recovered five very small bullet fragments along the wound tract. The larger portion of the bullet was not present in the body.” Police interpreted that to mean that the bullets were of such small caliber that they shattered in the body and were swept away in the blood stream.

I agree with you about Kait's car being pushed, either before or after she was shot. And, since I can imagine no reason why anyone would choose to shove it across the median after Kait was dead, it's my personal belief that she was shot after the car hit the pole. There are many who disagree with me about that.

Det. Merriman stated that he opened the passenger's door. The ambulance crew also opened the passenger's door. So, you're right about the impossibility of getting prints from that door handle. However, according to police reports, the car was dusted for prints and there were no prints ANYWHERE, even on the inside door handles.

Our private investigator has asked us to pass along her thanks for Your "well-thought-out and well-presented observation of the available facts." If more thoughts occur to you, please either post them here or send them to us by private e-mail.

Unanswered Questions Second

Question: Second the front of the vehicle and pole to determine how fast the vehicle might have traveled. This would have helped to better understand if your daughter might have been alive when she hit the pole or if someone else guided the vehicle in that direction while possibly in the passenger side of the vehicle with the assistance of another pushing it.

Third the photo of the entry wounds indicate that she was shot in the temple region of the head and below the left eye. The bullet entry hole on the outside of the vehicle appears to be not one but two shots at close range that were very accurate. The tear pattern of the hole indicate a peak between the top and lower part of the complete hole itself and not more of the standard rounded hole that a single shot would have made. Without close physical examination of the vehicle it would be hard to tell the caliber of the weapon used. This to me (again without having be at the scene) would have suggested that she had been stopped, turned to look back at who was approaching (say possibly an officer) and was shot in the process through the door frame. The broken window could have been a third shot or made to look like it broke after the crash. This would cover up any possible blood splatter from the two shots that had struck her. The glass trail as it were looks more like the actual shooting happened when she was stopped.

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:49:57 AM
Reply: Very interesting observations.

It HAS been suggested to us that the hole in the car door frame was created by two bullets, piggybacking into the same hole. And that IS what it looks like. But it was hard for us to imagine such precise shooting being possible if the shots were fired from one moving vehicle at another moving vehicle. It probably WOULD have been possible if her car was stationery.

Unanswered Questions First

Question: Dear Lois, I am so sorry for the loss. I am a retired fire chief, prior paramedic, and violent crimes field investigator. After reading all the postings in the message board, site and looking at the photos there are a number of things that stick in my mind. I have a feeling that the answers as will not be found in any police report from the sound of it. Unfortunately I have to break this down in a couple posts as limited on character space.

First the car, with your knowledge of no rear damage when she left I would have done a more detailed exam on the rear damage. Looking for any trace of paint, of rubbing from being pushed and depth of the damage which would indicate the amount of force needed to push the vehicle possibly up to and including the impact point at the pole.

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:49:01 AM
Reply: The police reports (incorrectly) catagorizes the damage to the rear bumper of Kait's car as "old damage," so nobody ever bothered looking at it. And since we (Kait's parents) were not permitted access to the scene photos until many years later, we didn't realize the rear end damage existed.

To "N"

Question: I have a feeling there is more to what you're suggesting. My gut is screaming that you're focused in the right direction & have some kind of an insight that can help shed light on a more solid direction to take in this case.

Please explore your conscience (or maybe subconscious may be the more appropriate word) to see what more you may be able to reveal. Something tells me you may be right on here!!!

Respectfully & HOPEful,
"Citizen M"

Asked on Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 02:39:30 PM
Reply: Reposting the message from "n" that is referred to above:

Answered by: "n"

Cold Case Files

Question: I have been following your daughter's case for years! I am appaulled to hear about the police department, however, when someone suggested cold case files...you are thinking of the tv show rather than the true crime show on A&E...My brother in law is a crime scene investigator and he cannot believe the cover-up done on your daughter's case...Good Luck to you....

Kay

Asked on Monday, August 24, 2009 at 05:04:18 PM
Reply: Oh, how I wish that we had access to your brother!!!!

Idea

Question: This is N again. I can clearly say this has got to be a set up! Kait indeed must have saw something she wasn't supposed to see. I mean if everything you say is right then the reason why Dung was stabbed was probably punishment for bringing Kait into whatever operation he was in and potentially risking the operation. It also has to be someone with alot of influence. I think the trick to figuring out this case is finding out where Kait was before this happened. Also anywhere she was a week prior to the murder, because it probably took sometime for the people to set this up. I mean did she go anywhere that you knew about, or show any signs of fear?

Asked on Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 04:57:57 AM
Reply: Everything you say is right on target. The answers lie in her activities that night and in the week prior to the shooting. But, since she was no longer living in the family home, there was no way for us to know where she went and what she did. She had her life compartmentalized -- the things she shared with her family -- her life with Dung and the people he hung out with -- and, I firmly believe, a third life that was secret from all of us.

Not all cops

Question: Lois:

I read your book "Who killed my daughter" and I felt your pain with each word I read. I'm so sorry and I hope one day those responsible will be brought to justice (if not by man, certainly by God).

I just wanted to say that not all policemen(women) are corrupt. My brother is the police chief here in our small town of Luray, Va. and believe me if this had happened to your daughter here, no rock would have been left unturned to find the truth. Unfortunately, you and your family have had the misfortune of dealing with the lowest. My prayer is that one day someone with courage and conscience will come forward. JC

Asked on Monday, August 17, 2009 at 07:11:55 AM
Reply: The residents of Luray, VA, are very fortunate to have a police department with a chief like your brother.

Murder

Question: This is N. I have a question im not sure if this is relevant but theirs no blood. If your shot in the head their should be blood on the drivers seat. Also is she was shot in the head while driving and her car swerved why are the front wheels and back wheels in the same position, I mean if that's the case the wheels in the front should be slightly to the left, at least that's what i would assume. Also how could she be on the passenger seat is she hit the pole. The force should have knocked her on the floor. I'm not sure but maybe you can get the case re-evaluated if you present this. I'm not sure if it will help, but it's better then nothing. Maybe it might spark something else. I mean tell me if this helps at all

Asked on Friday, August 14, 2009 at 08:58:49 PM
Reply: We, too, find it surprising that there was no blood splatter on the dashboard or on the left side of her clothing. That would seem to indicate that she fell immediately to the right as soon as the bullets struck.

I never thought about the alignment of the wheels. There must be some answer to that, because she obviously crossed the median from the opposite lane, so the wheels must have been turned to the left. If they were straight when she struck the pole, might that mean that she was conscious and twisting the steering wheel to the right in an attempt to keep from hitting the pole and to get her car back onto the road so she could escape? If so, that would mean that she wasn't shot while she was driving, but after the car struck the pole. I need to go back and take another look at that scene photo.

The fall to the right would not have been caused by hitting the pole. It would have been caused by the bullets striking the left side of her head.

This was a helpful post. You raised some good points. Thank you.

P.S. Posted later: I went back and looked at other scene photos, and I think what we're seeing in that particular photo is an illusion. The wheels were really in alignment. But it was a good observation and the sort of thing we need to be looking for that's easily overlooked.

Gulf Coast Journal

Question: I saw the segment, Lois and it was wonderful. I remember that host from A&E shows. He has a great voice. You did a great job.

I still can't believe that Kait's case isn't solved. Pat Caristo said it right - "There are people who don't want it to be solved."

Sending get well & speedy recovery wishes to Robin & best wishes to your entire family.

Kim

Asked on Thursday, August 06, 2009 at 08:07:17 PM
Reply: Thanks, Kim. I was pleased with the Gulf Coast Journal segment too.

In her second paragraph, Kim is revering to a different news cast. At Kait's 20 yr. memorial, our private investigator, Pat Caristo, stated, "Kait's case is solvable. But there are people who don't want it to be solved."

So, we have two questions. (1) Who killed Kait and why? (2) Who has roadblocked an honest and thorough investigation of Kait's case?

WHO IS IT WHO "DOES NOT WANT THIS CASE SOLVED"?

There are people reading this message board who may not know the answer to the first question, but do know the answer to the second one. We beg those people to contact us either by private e-mail or by posting the information on this board. We guarantee that we'll keep your identities confidential.

Wow

Question: I was browsing on google when I saw a link to the real crime description of this case, I believe. I clicked the link because it interested me and read it the whole way through, following it to this site. The way it was all written made me realize that, well, this was real and scary. It\'s hard to believe that this kind of stuff can happen to ordinary people, but it does; it makes a person wonder how it all begins. However, it reminds us to be cautious, I think.

As I read over all you've gone through and tried to do since this began I was caught off guard at how the law didn't seem... well, ethical. I suppose I always thought the law was an untouchable force of justice; that's how it's portrayed. It's saddening to think that this happens.

I don't have any way of helping but I wanted to give my condolences and my thoughts on this. I think all the effort you've put into this will be rewarded someday... It really should be. At any rate, what you've done seems to have motivated so many people. I admire your perserverance, determination, courage and strength throughout all of this.

I'd guess you've already tried this, after so long, but I just wonder why taking it to another court outside of New Mexico wouldn't help. I know that state courts can't interfere with each other but it might be able to get you help in the right places... then again, I'm no politics expert, so I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about.

I guess I'm a bit paranoid about submitting this comment but I just... felt like I wanted you to know that I read the case and everything else that I said.

[Wishes to Remain Anonymous]

Asked on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 at 01:25:36 AM
Reply: Almost all of us are naieve about how the System works until something like this happens to cause us to lose our innocence.

Agencies outside New Mexico have no authority to become involved in Kait's case. It "belongs" to APD.

Petition?

Question: Dear Arquette family,

I have read about the murder of your daughter many years ago and her case has remained in the back of my mind ever since. Today I visited this site and I am saddened that the case is still far from closed. I understand that in 1999, the APD Cold Case Unit refused to review Kait's murder. Has there been any new developments in this direction? If the answer to this question is "no", is there any way to force the APD to reopen this file? Could a petition be helpful? Since I am not a US citizen, I am not familiar with the US/NM legal regulations. But I would be the first to put my signature down.

I would like to express my condolences to your family and wish you all the best!

Kind regards,

Rikki

Asked on Sunday, August 02, 2009 at 09:23:08 AM
Reply: Thank you for this caring message, Rikki.

APD considers Kait's case closed because they made arrests, despite the fact that those arrests were based upon the alleged "eye-witness" testimony of teenaged Robert Garcia, who was incarcerated at the time of the shooting and could not possibly have witnessed it. Robert, who was interrogated for 9 hours -- without a parent or attorney present -- told reporters he was bullied into saying what police told him to say because they threatened him with prison if he didn't comply.

Robert is now dead, so can't be further questioned.

The bottom line: To shut down a case they don't want to investigate, all cops have to do is make an arrest. It doesn't matter whom they arrest or if it was for a legitimate reason or if the DA says it's hogwash and drops the charges and requests that they investigate other suspects. The fact that they arrested SOMEBODY means, to them, that they have (to quote APD) "solved the case" and have no further responsibilty.

The Review

Question: It is, indeed, a wonderful review. The young blogger (only 22) has a bright future ahead. And while she is clearly a careful reader and a strong writer, more importantly she sees to the heart of the matter: that your quest for the truth and a measure of justice for Kait and your family is also a quest for a justice system that works for victims and their families.

On HLN tonight, there was a moronic debate about a group of police officers in Florida who were caught conspiring to set up a drunk driver to take the fall for a cop's traffic accident. The talking heads shouted over each other, but essentially, as they often do, missed the point. The issue is that police officers and other government officials cannot be allowed to use their vast powers to both cover up their own misdeeds and frame ordinary citizens for crimes they didn't commit--or in Kait's case, cover up a murder and protect the perpetrators as part of a criminal conspiracy. Clearly, no matter how much Americans want to pretend that there is "justice for all," that's just not true.

Asked on Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 09:12:31 PM
Reply: You've hit the nail on the head. There needs to be an oversight system that people in authority have to answer to. Police shouldn't be allowed to "police themselves" with the understanding that "what happens within the department stays within the department" -- the Blue Wall of Silence. As a member of a victim's advocacy group stated to the media, "You can't expect the foxes to guard the hen house."

I know wjat you are going through

Question: Hello, My name is Dan Moseley. My brother David was murdered in January of 1983. His nude body was found off of South 14 in the east mountains wrapped in a blanket tied with electrical cord. DA Steve Schiff told my older brother he would not prosecute the case as a homicide because he might lose. Like your family we had to use the services of a private investigator, the information he gave to the BCSO was ignored. The coroner lost vital toxicology samples etc. I completely understand your frustration and am deeply sorry for your tragic loss. I live in a State that is last in every critical important category there is. Governor Richardson in under a Federal Grand Jury investigation for pay to play corruption. The state Legislature can't even pass ethics reform. Enough about that.

Did anyone ever ask Office Wallace or Officer Merriman why they did not attempt to help your daughter? If she was crying she might have still been able to tell the officers who shot her. Dan Moseley mosesix@comcast.net Remember these words from Helen Keller " We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough"

Asked on Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 01:23:47 PM
Reply: I'm so sorry about your brother, Dan. You are right, there is something VERY wrong with the New Mexico justice system. It's being controlled by someone powerful at a high enough level to intimidate honest people at a lower level and reward dishonest people at a lower level, so everything and everyone appears to have become corrupted, even those who are honest at heart.

The first officers at the scene, Merriman and Wallace, did not have the training to be able to physically help Kait. They weren't doctors. They can't be blamed for that.

The problem comes with their conflicting accounts of who did what. Off. Wallace has stated she heard Kait moaning and crying. Det. Merriman doesn't report hearing that. He said she was unconscious. The Medical Examiner said the damage to Kait's brain would have rendered her immediately unconscious, so she couldn't have been moaning and crying.

Det. Merriman said he called for rescue (medical assistance.) According to APD, there is no record of that call.

Off. Wallace said she called her sergeant, Sgt. Mossier, to report what she thought would prove to be a homicide. Sgt. Mossier told our private investigator she has no recollection of Wallace making that call. She said she was summoned by Det. Merriman.

Both Merriman and Wallace claim to have been there when rescue arrived. The ambulance team that transported Kait to the hospital says NO POLICE OFFICERS were there when they arrived. They almost missed the scene because there was no one there to wave them over. They said police started to arrive as they were pulling away from the scene with Kait in the ambulance. WHERE DID MERRIMAN AND WALLACE GO??? WHY DIDN'T THEY STAY WITH THE VICTIM?

With so many contradictions, several people have to be lying. But which ones are they? And what is the purpose of their lies?

Kait's 20 Year Memorial at the Cemetery

Question: I just got back from Kait's memorial at the cemetery. It was one of the most moving experiences of my life. There were about 40 people coming and going while I was there, and undoubtedly more came later. We were a diverse group -- friends of you and of Kait's brothers and sisters, your writer friends, families of other murder victims, children (now grown) that Kait used to babysit, and even people who have never met any of you but have been following the case for 20 years. There were also three tV crews.

I was especially moved when I heard a young man who must have been Rod state on camera that Kait was his first love and he'll never get over the loss. He said, "I was Kait's real boyfriend -- NOT DUNG NGUYEN!"

Your private investigator was wonderful. She responded to everybody's questions about the case. When asked by a reporter if she thought the case would be solved, she said, "I believe that it CAN be solved, but there are people who don't want it solved." She handed out copies of Kait's adorable autobiography that she wrote when she was 12. I hope you will post that on this web site for people who weren't there to get a copy.

Asked on Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 02:26:47 PM
Reply: I will post Kait's autobiography. It's going to be long, but I think when you do a "reply" you're not limited to the number of words.

We have a family tradition of giving each other homemade Christmas gifts. When Kait was twelve, (before she decided to become exotic and place an “i” in her name,) she gave me a book called “My Book About Me.” It was her autobiography. When I read it now, I can see that her personality – strong-willed, stubborn, and fearless – was part of her from birth and was probably what led to her death. It peaked in her adolescence, and I don’t think there’s anything we could have done that would have changed that.

To Mother –

MY BOOK ON ME
by Kate Arquette, age 12
I hope you like it. Merry Christmas, 1982!
Love,
Kate

Here are some excerpts from her book:

It all started when I was one year old and my mother took me to the doctor and said, “I’m really worried. My baby is losing weight very rapidly, throwing up and having diarrhea too. What’s wrong?”

"It’s probably just a stage. Bring her in again later if it doesn’t improve.”

“Oh, thank you! Bye!” said my mother.

It didn’t get better; it got worse. By two years old I got so skinny that my mother woke up every hour all night and fed me a bite. Then she would sit by my bed and wait to see if I would keep it in or throw it up. Then, if I didn’t throw it up, I would be praised, and my mother would go back to bed. Then she’d get up again an hour later and feed me another bite.

Then, when I was almost two, a specialist came into town and ran tests on me. He found out I had celiac disease. My mother asked if it was fatal, and he said no. Celiac is a disease where you can’t eat any food containing gluten such as flour, wheat and oats. It makes holes in my intestines. I stayed in the hospital all the time they were doing the tests. One day when I was running around the hospital ward, a little boy locked me in the food room, and I started munching out on everything in sight. A large group formed outside the door and listened to me opening jars and saying, “Yum, yum, yum.” However nobody had the key except for one janitor who was out of town. I stayed in there for hours, but that was all right. When they finally got me out I was happily asleep on the floor.

In second grade, I wasn’t supposed to ride my bike in the street. But I did it anyway and was hit by a car. I was flung onto the sidewalk. I had been with my brother at the time and he ran into the house yelling, ”Kate’s been run over!” My mother came running down the stairs so fast you could barely see her and started running down the street. My father started the car, picked my mother up, and drove to the scene of the crime. All I had was a huge cut on my arm, but my bike was dented.

In third grade I was over at a friend’s house playing on a swing when I jumped out. I landed on my arm. I went three days in great pain, but I didn’t tell my mother because I wanted her to let me go swimming. On the third day we had a nurse friend over for dinner. She looked at my arm and said it was broken. I was taken to the hospital and it turned out to be broken in three places. I had to wear a cast for the rest of the summer and couldn’t do anything fun.

The next summer we went to Mexico and my mother and I went swimming. We were holding hands, jumping waves, when suddenly we were caught in the undertow. My mother told me to swim hard and started shoving me ahead of her toward shore. I did what she said, but we just kept going out farther. Then she started screaming, “Help! Help!” My brother Donnie, who was 11, came out to save us, and my mother screamed, “No, go back!” Some Mexicans brought us in. It was very exciting.

My mother is an author and a photographer. My father is an engineer at Sandia Labs. My grownup brothers and sisters are Robin, 28; Kerry, 26; Brett, 22; and Donnie, 15. Robin is a singer and Kerry is an actress. Brett is an engineer and Donnie is a magician and an artist. My relationship with all of them including parents is very good. We are a close family and all love each other very much.

I love my mother because every time I want to go to the flea market she won’t let me go because she thinks there’s creeps there that will hurt me. She loves me a lot!

I love my father because he cares about me. He jokes around a lot. (Sometimes he’s even funny.)

When I grow up I want to be a veterinarian. I love animals and I want to help them get better when they’re hurt or sick. I want to be a vet for exotic animals such as lions, tigers and bears. I want to live in Florida, Michigan and Africa. I look forward to then.

ON THE FINAL PAGE OF HER AUTOBIOGRAPHY, SHE DREW A RAINBOW.

ON THE DAY OF HER FUNERAL, THERE WAS A DOUBLE RAINBOW OVER OUR HOME.

20 years later.....

Question: I was able to go to the gravesite today and it is such a priviledge to be a part of the group of people who care so much for you, your family and Kait. I tried to write to you , but realize the words did not make much sense as it was emotional time being there. You have had such a tremendous impact on so many people throughout the world with your book about Kait and all the difficulites (to put it mildly) you and your family have endured over the years. It is almost like being a part of huge family that care so much for all of you and will not forget Kait.

I was able and blessed to speak with Pat. She is an exceptional person, you can feel how much she cares just by listening to her, not only about Kait, but about the other cases she is involved with.

May the Lord bless you and continue to give you the strength and peace that you need and so richly deserve. Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us all. I lso ook forward to the day this is solved for you and your family.

Asked on Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 02:26:39 PM
Reply: Thank you for attending Kait's memorial. It was organized by Pat Caristo, our private investigator, who over the many years she's helped us pro bono, has become a beloved friend. You're right, she is exceptional in every way.

Don and I would have given anything to have been there, (we now live on the East Coast, but were planning to fly to Albuquerque to participate), but one of our children had emergency surgery and is here with us now, recuperating in our home. So we didn't have that option. We asked Pat not to try to orchestrate this on her own, as it might prove too much for one person. But she did it anyway. And now we're so glad that she did.

THE 20 YR. ANNIVERSARY OF KAIT'S DEATH

Question: The message below is from our private investigator, Patricia Caristo, NIA/NM (National Investigations Agency of New Mexico).

Asked on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 10:43:55 AM
Reply: INVITATION TO VISIT AT SUNSET MEMORIAL PARK

924 Menual Blvd NE
(Section 4X - grass area off Canna Rd, just west of Rose Rd. - second right turn from the main gate)

On July 16th, 1989, Kaitlyn Arquette was chased down in her car and murdered. She died on July 17th, 1989, as a result of the gun shot wounds. In her passing she left her vital organs to several persons - she was caring of people in her life and in her death.

This year, on the 20th anniversary of her murder, I am inviting people who knew Kait, or who helped with information and hours of time working on her case, to visit the Sunset Memorial Park to remember Kait. There will be orange flowers (Kait's favorite color) at the site for you to take with you to thank you for remembering and caring. There will be a guest book to sign, and I will send it to Kait's family who are far away and not able to be in New Mexico at this time.

Visit when you can. I will be at Sunset Memorial Park on 7/16/09, from 10 am - 1 pm. I will be glad to answer questions and provide updates on the case.

It was my thought that there are people who would like to honor and thank Kait for the gifts she left behind -- sweet memories for those who knew her, the organs she donated, the example of her mother and father and family as they fight for justice in Kait's case and continue to fight for justice for so many other families who have lost loved ones to murder, for the many investigative/criminal justice students who leaned to investigate using Kait's case as a learning model and offered their services to Kait's case and to many other unsolved cases, to those law enforcement and criminal justice people who offered to help make truth known, for the many young people who learned about what happened to Kait and talked about the case at schools, and for the many mothers who took comfort and example from Kait's mother.

Pat Caristo
NIA/NM
505-243-2222

Answered by: Kait's Parents

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 next