Displaying 4421 - 4440 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 222 of 284)

Dear Mrs.Duncan,

Question: I must say that when I read your book, I was so intruiged. I couldn't put the book down. Although it has been a while since then, I still would like to wish the best to you and your family.[:

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 03:43:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for reading the book and for continuing to think about us.

Hi

Question: Hi Ms. Duncan--

I've been a huge fan of yours and recently finished your book about Kait. I want to tell you that I know justice will be yours someday and that many people are praying for the justice you want.

C

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 01:19:01 PM
Reply: I hope so much that you're right.

any leads

Question: Are there any more leads other than what's said?

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 01:07:55 PM
Reply: Yes. In fact we received new information just this morning, but I'm not free to post it at this time.

The Name Of The Truck Driver

Question: I was just wondering here, I knew of drug smugglers driving semi-trucks, cross country. One of them I knew quite well because he was a neighbor of mine. Was one of the chasers a drug smuggler by chance? I have heard of this happening in many instances when dope dealers, and their accomplisses, were trying to act to cover a "Leak" in their "connections." I used to live in Rockford where a friend of mine, Gene Allen, had been placed in federal prison for years due to this.

He worked for a trucking company I think was the "New York Express." It went international.

From Mexico to Canada. Just a thought.

Kevin Kappler

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 12:03:03 PM
Reply: I think we may be mixing up "truck drivers."

The one who saw a girl in a car that resembled Kait's being chased at the location of the shooting earlier that evening was a totally innocent man making a dairy delivery. He reported that chase to APD, and they sent him home because the chase took place an hour before Kait was shot. Also, that witness saw Kait driving west, toward Sharon's house, not east, as she was when she was shot. It sounds as if the same people may have tried to chase her down twice that night, and the second time they got her.

But drug importation by trucks may play a part in this. At the time of Kait's death,(and very probably still today), drugs were being imported by truck from Mexico in huge wooden crates doused with chorine to avoid detection at the border and stored in warehouses in Albuquerque to be picked up by buyers in their own trucks. Many influential people and/or their relatives were involved. According to the Albuquerque Journal, Chuck Aragon, (brother of Manny Aragon, president pro tem of the NM State Senate), worked with a number of infamous smuggling organizations out of Mexico. At times he was associated with groups that moved 150,000 pounds of marijuana in one growing season.
Chuck Aragon was arrested out of state four months after Kait's murder and sentenced to 20 years in federal prison. He was released in the mid to late 1990s and now works for Bernalillo County.
Manny Aragon was never accused of any wrongdoing in connection with his brother's criminal activities.

Courage

Question: Hello Lois. I'm 19, so when you're daughter was murdered, I was only an infant. Naturally, I wasn't able to read any of your books for some time. But when I was about 6 (I LOVED to read at a young age, and you were my favorite author), I read all of your books that I knew of. Then I discovered "Who Killed My Daughter?" in my school's library. I saw your name, so of course I picked it up and checked it out, not yet knowing it was a true story (you see, I didn't read the cover just yet. I always did that right before I started reading it). Needless to say, when I discovered it was a true story, I was horrified...and now I make it a point to read it twice a year at least (for over 10 years). Yet I admired your courage. Not many people have the courage that you do: the courage to find the truth, no matter what the consequences may be. The courage to put your story out there. I greatly admire you, both as a writer, and a mother (though I'm a male, but I'm still hoping to be a father one day). I pray that you continue to have the courage to search for the truth. But more importantly, I pray that the person you refer to that has the last piece of the puzzle gets the courage to come forward in some way to reveal that last piece. You've given courage and hope to several people in your situation.

May God bless you with the answers that you've been seeking for so long.

With love,
Devlin

Asked on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 09:14:26 PM
Reply: You must have been a child prodigy, Devlin, to have read and understood a book like WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? at such a young age. In fact, I'm amazed that it would be in an elementary school library. Thank you for your prayers and kind words. As you say, we are waiting for that "one special person" to contact us with the final piece of the puzzle. I she or he, (why do I tend to think it's a "she"?) is out there and probably is reading this message board even as I type this.

Lynn's book club

Question: Lynn - I took care of that link issue for you. There is now a link to this site.

A fan of Lois' books

Asked on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 08:20:59 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting that link.

hello

Question: Do you have any new information that you would feel comfortable posting on here? in reguards to your daughters case?

Asked on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 03:06:48 PM
Reply: Scroll down this message board and you'll find a lot of new information. I try to respond to all direct questions, but they need to be specific.

Poor Police Work

Question: I just recently read your book, "Who Killed My Daughter?" I was shocked at the horrible police work done by investigators and also by their "cover-ups". I am studying law enforcement myself and I particularly want to concern myself with the homicide unit. I am always reading up on true crimes and things of that nature. When I read your story I was just astounded at the lack of their ability and the blantant disregard of evidence for whatever reason. I read an update regarding the corruption with the judges and lawyers and to be honest that doesn't surprise me that they were involved in drugs themselves. I truly am sorry for the lack of respect and concern the local department showed to your daughter and to your family. This is the kind of department I really hope I will never work for. I really wish I would have been an investigator and assigned to your case because I would have loved to put those guys away. I really hope you find the answers that will give your family closure and put Kaitlin to rest in peace.
I will try to continue to follow up on your story as well for updates and I can't wait until your next book comes out.
My thoughts are with your family.
Holly

Asked on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 05:52:27 PM
Reply: I, too, wish that somebody with your ethics had been in charge of the investigation of Kait's case.

Dear Lois Duncan,

Question: Dear Lois,
I was looking through your website and discovered that your daughter was murdered. It really shocked me, and I admire that you were able to continue living life and writing wonderful books (which I adore by the way, you\'re such an inspiration- I\'ve always wanted to be a writer!). You see, a friend of mine last year had her mother pass away and it was like a cloud of sadness washeed over all the grade 7 and 8\'s. I don\'t know if I could ever cope with my mother leaving me at such a young age and for you- a daughter- it must have been just as hard. I really want to read your book- Who Killed My Daughter- for I have no doubt it will be an amzing book and probably will bring me to tears. I also admire how you actually reply to each post on here. I really do hope it\'s you- whenever i become a writer, I will be sure to come into contact with fans as much as possible!
I\'m sorry for taking up your time, you probably have better things to do than listen to me rant! haha. Well, best of luck in the future and even though your daughters death was so long ago, you have my condolences.

Asked on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 04:25:57 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet note. And, yes, it's really Kait's mother responding to the comments on this message board. I would never consider allowing anyone else to do that for me.

Bob Schwartz

Question: He has just been appointed as the newest District Court Judge in Bernalillo County.

Asked on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 01:25:24 PM
Reply: That's interesting news. Thank you for sharing it.

your book...

Question: I read "Who Killed My Daughter" shortly after it was published & have always wondered what the final ending would be...I am saddened that this crime has still not been solved. You remain in my prayers. Nora

Asked on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 08:35:03 PM
Reply: Thank you, Nora.

Lynn

Question: Lois, Please take a look at this website,"Dukecityfix.com". I joined a book club here, and I asked everyone to please read "Who Killed My Daughter". If you could post a little something there, as well as the link to this website, that would be great. I am basically computer illiterate, and I don't know how to add the link on my own. I know. Very pathetic.

Asked on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 07:22:37 PM
Reply: Not pathetic at all. I am far worse. But SOMEBODY there seems to know what they're doing, because they've posted a link to Amazon.com, where people can order WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

If that same person -- or somebody else who is computer literate -- would visit that book club and post a link to this Web site, that would be great. Also, please, correct the initial information that the book was written by "Lois Arquette." Although that's my married name, I write under "Lois Duncan."

murder

Question: does this kind of incident occur in any of Lois Duncans books?

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 07:24:08 PM
Reply: This incident, as it occurred, with the Vietnamese connection, etc. did not occur in any of my books.

However, DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU, which was published just prior to Kait's murder, contained an assortment of details that were reflected in Kait's true story, including a teenage girl chased by a hitman in a Camero. In DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU that hitman's name was "Mike Vamp." In real life, the man arrested for Kait's murder (but later released for lack of evidence) was named Miguel ("Mike") Garcia, and his nickname was "Vamp."

IM WONDERING

Question: HEY MY NAME IS ANA AND I NEED TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO FINISH YOUR BOOK WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER. IM WONDERING IF YOU CAN TAKE THE YOUR CASE TO A DIFFERENT STATE WITH A ONE OF THE LOCAL POLICE STATIONS. CAN YOU DO THAT? IF YOU CAN AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO I THINK YOU SHOULD.
LOTS OF óż TO YOUR FAMILY,
ANA

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 06:28:28 PM
Reply: No outside agency has the right to investigate Kait's case unless the Albuquerque Police Department invites them to do so. APD "owns" Kait's case.

HEY WUZ UP!!??

Question: WHEN IS THE SEQUAL OF WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER COMING OUT??? WELL GOT 2 GO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! HUGS AND KISSES !!!!

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 06:16:43 PM
Reply: All I can say is, THE TALLY KEEPER will be published when the time is right.

Any Cameras Along Kait's Route?

Question: Hello, Lois. I first happened upon this website a couple of years ago, and I check back about 3 to 4 times per year for updates.

Now, I know nothing about Albuquerque or its layout, and I know nothing about the particular neighborhood in question. But did you ever check in with convenience stores, post offices, retailers, banks, etc. along the routes Kait took the night she was killed? Perhaps a surveillance camera or two caught some vital information, such as Kait's car, the VW, maybe even a portion of the chase, the police arrivals, etc. I don't suppose in 1989 traffic light cameras were so ubiquitous as they are now, and cell phones certainly weren't, but some stores have had these cameras for decades. Did you try to get a tape from any of them, along the routes Kait took (either to or from Sharon's house)?

--Fellow Writer

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 11:15:12 AM
Reply: At the time that never occurred to us. The police assured us they were following up on every possible lead, and we believed them. Later, our private investigator questioned owners of businesses in the area, with negative results.

The owner of a video store did contact us, however. He said Kait returned a rented video at 5:45 on the night of her death. That was interesting to us, because Kait's next door neighbor, Adrian Apodaca (no relation to Paul Apodaca, who was at the scene) told police he saw Kait followed from her apartment at about 5:30 p.m. She arrived at our home at 6 p.m. and, since her apartment was not far from us, we wondered why it took her half an hour to cover that distance. The stop at the video store fills in that time gap and supports Adrian's story.

investigations today

Question:
Are the police still trying to fid Kait's murderers, or are they letting the case go as "random" ?

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 05:59:06 PM

Your private investigation

Question: You said in another answer of a question, you THINK, you know some of the people involved in Kait's murder. Who were they? And did Dung really try to commit suicide, or did someone just want to scare him into not telling?
If you feel uncomfrtable with sharing, I understand.

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 05:51:40 PM
Reply: I can't respond to that first question without getting sued for libel.

Our belief is that Dung did not try to commit suicide.

Kait's murderer

Question: Was the murderer of Kaitlyn Arquette, ever found? Who was he? Was the case just closed? Turned cold? Why?

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 05:43:13 PM
Reply: The case is technically "open but inactive." which means police refuse to continue to investigate or to look at any information we or our private investigators provide to them.

???????

Question: have u guys found out who killed kait?
r u gonna make a sequal about who killed my daughter?
MIRIAM

Asked on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 12:06:21 PM
Reply: No to the first question; yes to the second.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next