Displaying 4401 - 4420 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 221 of 275)

hi

Question: First I want to say, Im sorry for the loss of your daughter, that must've been hard.
I just have somewhat of a question, but Sharon Smith said she was trying to call Dung the night of the shooting for Kaitlyn, did you ever try to get in contact with her phone company to try and get a copy of her phone bill to see who she might've called the night of the shooting or 18 hours after the shooting, and the day of Kaitlyn's funeral? Since she didn't attend the funeral, she couldve contacted someone that may have known about the shooting.

Asked on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 06:50:19 AM
Reply: The police told us that would be impossible. They said the phone company doesn't keep a record of local calls.

talk shows

Question: First let me say how sorry I am for your loss. My suggestion would be to do the talk show circuit. Get the story out there and show the world how corrupt the police really are! Oprah is an excellent place to start. Montel Williams as well. Montel features psychic Sylvia Brown on his show every week. Exposure is the best way to keep this story upfront and hopefully find you the answers you seek. May God bless you and your family. You are all in my prayers.

Asked on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 09:51:10 PM
Reply: When WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, I did do the talk show circuit -- Good Morning America; Larry King Live; Unsolved Mysteries; Sally Jessy; Inside Edition; Sightings; and many other shows. Because of that, many people did contact us with information.

I won't get another chance at that until THE TALLY KEEPER is published. And I don't know when that will be.

movie?

Question: I was reading a post from, probably about a year ago, or so. It had something to do with the story being turned into a movie. You said that Hollywood directors wouldn't be interested in something that doesn't even have an ending and you don't think they would want to make up 'a happy ending.' It isn't true that Hollywood wouldn't want to turn an Unsolved Case into a movie, they did do the Zodiac story, which still to this day has not been solved. You should try to find a way to get your story of your daughter turned into a movie. It could help find out more information, and maybe some people might start coming forward.

Do you think some day you and your husband might ever try to get in contact with Dung to see how he's doing, and maybe if he wants to talk about what happened?

Asked on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 11:41:29 AM
Reply: I've resisted optioning the rights to Kait's story to film studios, because once Hollywood buys the rights to a story, they can change it into anything they want. The author of the book no longer has any control. I saw that happen with I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER; they inserted an insane fisherman who wasn't in my book and had him decapitate my characters with an ice hook. I want to keep Kait's true story just the way it is.

We have tried to contact Dung. His girlfriend called the police and accused us of harassment.

HI! HI!

Question: The students at Fatima School liked your book, Summer Of Fear.
Keep writting your books. We liked your book very much.
BYE! BYE!
FROM: JACOB, BRENNEN

Asked on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 06:23:13 AM
Reply: Thank you for liking my books. But the best way to talk to me about my fictional novels is to contact me from my "Lois Duncan" Web site at loisduncan.arquettes.com. I'd like to keep this particular message board dedicated to Kait's case.

hi wazs up

Question: We just read one of your books at Our Lady of Fatima ,and we liked it. We read Summer of Fear and one of my friends, named Patton ,really liked it. He likes your books. Do you like Judice Inn. My friend, Nathan, owns it. I hope that you keep writing.

Asked on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 06:21:40 AM
Reply: Thanks to you and Patton for liking SUMMER OF FEAR. I'm afraid I don't know Judice Inn.

sorry for your loss

Question: I know this is really stupid, and you may not even use this. But I sometimes watch the \\\'Tyra Banks Show\\\' and next Tuesday she is suppose to have John Edward on her show, and maybe he would be able to help you get some information on the murder on your daughter. I know on Tyra\\\'s website there\\\'s a way you can get in contact with her, and maybe someone watching the show might know something and get in contact. I don\\\'t know, just a suggestion. If you want a link to her site where you can get in touch with her I could send it to you.

Asked on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 07:03:38 PM
Reply: Thanks for that information, but we feel we've consulted enough psychics. The ones we did consult were the best of the best, and I don't think there's much to gain by consulting others.

sorry...

Question: This is the same girl that posted the sorry message. I'm almost done with the book, chapter 26 and i was just wondering do you still keep in touch with betty or the other psychics you seeked answers from?

-Jessie

Asked on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 01:32:10 PM
Reply: Only as friends. We're no longer seeking psychic input. What we're looking for now is hard evidence.

hello

Question: I read your book probably 8 years ago, and I just found it again in my room so I decided to read it again.
It's been a while since I read it, so I can't remember if you guys did this or not. But have you ever tried Ouija? A lot of people thing its crap and fake, but I tried it one time to get in contact with my deceased geandfather, and the other person who was doing it with me knew absolutely nothing about my grandpa or family, and I didnt know my grandpa's birthday and year he was born and such, and everything that was said turned out to be true. I know you can't really use an Ouija as 'correct information' but, then again, you never know what you could find out, and if you believe in that stuff, like afterlife, and spirits wanting to get in contact with people somehow, than Kaitlyn may get in contact. I'm sorry I don't have any information on anything.
I was actually thinking of the book the other day, and when I had woke up, I had, had a dream about it, so I wanted to go on the internet to see if the case had been solved or anything, but I see it hasn't, and I'm sorry to hear that. I hope in time you all find some closure. And the people who did the shooting, even though they have yet to be found, I'm sure they're not living a great life, constantly looking over their shoulders. It's disgusting to think there are people in this world that can shoot a young girl, your daughter was so beautiful and young. It's just really wrong. Sorry this got really long. Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you find more information soon. Bye

<3Samma

Asked on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 07:39:20 AM
Reply: Thank you for the suggestion, but the idea of using a Ouija board makes me uncomfortable.

Yes, it does sometimes appear to work. When our son, Donnie, was ten, his bicycle was stolen. We reported the theft to the police, who told us bicycle theft was rampant and there was little chance that the bike would ever be recovered. Donnie and two of his friends decided to consult a Ouija board, which over and over again spelled out the word "air." That made no sense to the children or to my husband and me when they told us about it. In fact, we lectured them about being so silly and superstitious.

One week later, as we drove to the airport to pick up friends, Donnie almost jumped out of his seat. "There's my bike!" he shouted. Chained to a fence in front of a run-down apartment directly across from the airport was a bicycle that did resemble his. We stopped the car, and my husband got out to check the serial number. Incredibly, the bike was Donnie's. We phoned the police, who went to the apartment to retrieve it.

Now, having told that story, I still think I'd rather not go that route. The bicycle incident could have been just coincidence. But if there really are restless spirits out there contacting people on Ouija boards, how can you know who or what they are? Evil entities could come through just as easily as Kait could.

One more thought

Question: In the 'Motives" section, under Drug Smuggling, the text reads: " Kait’s co-worker discovered that shipment and reported it to the FBI. This information was not made public.  However, shortly thereafter, the manager was fired and replaced by someone from the home office. Two weeks later, Kait was murdered."

I know you have written here that the FBI can't take the case if the local police don't ask them for help, but if this smuggling involved crossing state lines or national borders, and the co-worker had reported it to the FBI, then the drug smuggling was THEIR CASE! Kait's murder so soon after the smuggling was reported should at least raise suspicions.

Makes you wonder.

Asked on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 10:11:13 PM
Reply: It definitely does make you wonder.

The only possibility we can come up with is that the FBI had their own agenda. It's recently been disclosed that FOR OVER 20 YEARS the feds have had certain political VIPs on their radar screen, looking to get enough evidence for a major crack-down on their criminal activities. That means they were doing that at the time of Kait's murder. If they suspected that one of those VIPs was linked to the heroin importation, Kait's death might have been an inconvenience because the exposure of her killers would have exposed evidence that they were stockpiling in order to get the people at the top of the pyramid.

If anyone out there has a better speculation, we'd be glad to hear it. It makes no sense to us that the FBI would bury this unless it was part of something bigger.

To Kait's older sister

Question: Oh, Robin. Your personal loss is so overwhelming, and the response of those who should help you learn the truth of Kait's death is so unethical and perverse, that it is understandable you might think Kait's death is empty or pointless. But no mature person who has read your mom's book or followed this case fails to see meaning in Kait's life, or her death, or your family's investigation. We readers can see more easily see the patterns that ripple out from her life because your mom's book and this site make them visible; we don't see just Kait but all of you and your search for the truth, the whole web of meaning.
I've asked myself, "Why Kait?" Think of how many people knew the same things and still remain silent, in the face of her murder and who knows what else. How did they know she was dangerous to them? The despicable people who killed her could not have imagined that any young girl would actually have more of a voice after death than before. But she was not just any girl, or I wouldn't be writing this today, and thousands wouldn't be checking this site in hope of a resolution in the case. Her connection to you and her mother and the rest of your family was so strong that she could reach you from the other side, which got your investigation off the ground. And I don't for one minute think her urgency was solely to ease your sorrow. She wanted to be heard. What she knew was important. Your mom's book and this website have made her voice heard all over the world. God bless you and your family.

Asked on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 09:57:30 PM
Reply: That's a beautiful message. I'll make sure that Robin reads it.

sorry

Question: i know your probably tired of hearing the same thing over again of how sorry people are but heres another one. I'm so sorry that all of these things have happend. im reading the story about your daughter in school and i almost gave up on reading because of how angry i got that people wouldnt listen to you or your family...you guys had so much to give them but they ignored it all. I cant even imagine the pain, im only 16 but if something like this happend to my mom or my sisters i would be in you shoes, going crazy just to get answers that the police are supposed to be giving, or even at least helping you find. It made me furious to no that they wouldnt even follow up on anyone other than those hispanic guys. im sorry im blabbing about all this i no i am no help to you i just wanted you to know that i wish to god i could help you even a little since no one else technicly ever has! im so sorry that i couldnt help but i want you to know that you and your daughter are in my prayers and i know god is still there watching and karma will hit harder than ever one day. i just pray that that day is soon...

Asked on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 08:22:51 PM
Reply: Caring people like you are what have given us the strength to keep our personal investigation going. Thank you.

?

Question: is there any way that i could write without it being this public?

Asked on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 01:49:01 PM
Reply: Definitely.

You can send me a personal e-mail at loisduncan123@arquettes.com. It will not be posted on this message board, and I will answer you privately.

Kait's Mom

Kaits sister

Question: Is Robin the same sister who composed and sang the lullabies that were played at Kait's funeral?

Asked on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 02:28:10 PM
Reply: Yes. But those lullabies weren't written for Kait. Robin and I created the "Songs from Dreamland" tape as a gift for Kerry's daughter Erin, (Don's and my first grandchild, and Robin's first niece). I wrote the lyrics and did the narration and Robin composed the music and performed the vocals and instrumentals.

Kait loved that tape. Even as a teenager, she played it when she went to bed at night. We played it in her hospital room when she was in a coma, hoping Robin's voice might get through to her. Two of the songs, "Ship in the Night" and "Wish on a Star" were played at Kait's funeral. You can listen to portions of them at lullabysongs.net.

FROM KAIT'S OLDEST SISTER

Question: The message with the subject "The Timeline Post" was fantastic.

My worst grief -- beyond the incredible personal loss of my beloved little sister -- was that she died for nothing. An empty death. Your post gives me hope that her life and death did have meaning. Thank you.

Robin

Asked on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 02:23:51 PM

Kaitlin

Question: I'm alos a Kaitlin. I'm so sorry for what you had to go through. I have read this book about 3 times and love the rest of your books.
May God help you find Kait's killer.
~Kaitlin C.~

Rod must really of loved her.
Happy late birthday Kait.

Asked on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 11:52:33 AM
Reply: Thank you, Kaitlin. Yes, I've come to believe that Rod did truly love Kait.

It makes me sad

Question: I just got finished reading your book..because my teacher recommended it..i pray that one day you will find Kait's Murderer..im saddend by your loss and i wanted to let you know that im praying for you..its terriable that someone hasnt figured something out by now...Just showing you i care

Brandy

Asked on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 08:40:03 AM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet message, Brandy.

It makes me so sad

Question: When i was at the library, i saw the book " Who killed my daughter".
My best friend was murded last summer(23 july 2006)
So i was drawn to the book.

While reading it, i get so sad for your familys lost, it must be horrible not to know why och who.

I just want to send you som love and best wishes.
Im sorry for your terrible lost, and thank you for the help this book somehow gives me in my grief.

Best regards
malin from Sweden.

Asked on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 05:05:31 AM
Reply: I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm glad if my book was of some help to you in your grief.

The Timeline post

Question: I read "Who Killed My Daughter" when it first came out, and have followed your case and posted here occasionally just to show my support for your quest to learn the truth. Your response to the timeline post jumps off the page in light of how the book unfolded. When you started, you pretty much knew nothing but the fact that Kait was shot, apparently as she was driving. And "what happened" was so obscured that you learned key information through dreams and psychics. But over the years, Kait's death and your attempts to learn what happened to her uncovered a whole world of corruption, far beyond even the complex Vietnamese gang activities that in the beginning were so unexpected and shocking.

The irony is that whoever killed Kait do so to cover up this whole nest of crimes and criminals but has only succeeded in creating a situation in which more and more inevitably comes to light. And while you may not know exactly what happened, who exactly pulled the trigger or who exactly ordered it, you know she was killed because they feared her. However short her life was, she had and continues to have a powerful impact, even beyond the criminal enterprise she has exposed through her death. And she will continue to inspire other parents and siblings and spouses and children to ask questions about the deaths of their loved ones.

I know you are going to learn the truth. It's like you are untangling a ball of yarn but you won't be finished until you reach the end. There's just more corruption than you or anyone else would have imagined.

b3ddw4g

Asked on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 09:37:05 PM
Reply: What a wonderful message!!!! Thank you.

Timeline

Question: I've been turning this case over in my head for several days now. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned making a timeline somewhere on the message boards- the timeline I am interested in revolves around Dung. Didn't he know Kait worked at Pier One before they started dating? There are so, so many pieces to this puzzle, but I'm starting to think they are all involved- that is, EVERY suspect and EVERY motive are entwined. So, maybe a timeline from years back, of Kait started the job this day, then met Dung, then found out about the insurance fraud.. I guess what I mean is, Dung was told to befriend someone at pier one to eventually intercept drugs. I also wonder if Kait wasn't killed because of something she knew, but as a warning to Dung (or someone else?).
I feel bad posting here; I don't have any information, and I probably can't come up with any theories that you and your family and PIs haven't all ready thought about. I hope I am not being pushy by spitting out half-cocked ideas. I wish I could be of use.
Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.

Asked on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 09:24:39 AM
Reply: We’ve constructed the time line, and it’s interesting for many reasons which I won’t go into here. Thank you for suggesting that we do that. It was a very useful exercise.

However, your suggestion that Dung may have become involved with Kait because she worked at Pier One doesn’t pan out. They started dating in February 1988, and Kait was hired at Pier One in June 1988. She got that job through a girlfriend who also worked there. So that appears to be happenstance.

However, we’ve discovered through private investigation that Dung’s group was involved in many areas of crime and apparently took advantage of every opportunity they could latch onto. The activities that we know about (and there probably are others) include: car wreck insurance fraud; drug dealing; importation of porn from the Orient, which they allegedly sold to a video store that was owned by the father of a police officer; theft of computer chips from companies like Intel and Phillips Semi-Conductors; arson; and car theft – (we’ve been told by an attorney that members of Dung’s group stole getaway cars for APD Officer Matt Griffin, who was arrested one week prior to Kait’s murder and subsequently convicted of bank robberies and murder.) Griffin was one of the cops who hung out at the auto body shop on Arno where the VW bug fled after leaving the scene of Kait’s murder.

Although Dung didn’t start to date Kait because she worked at Pier One, it makes sense that his friends later got the idea of using her position there as a way of importing heroin. Apparently she refused to be involved in that.

I totally agree with your statement, “There are so many pieces to this puzzle, I’m starting to think they are all involved – that is EVERY suspect and EVERY motive are intertwined.” We have a link chart that connects almost everyone and everything that is mentioned on this Web site. The new information, recently posted by the wife of a retired police officer, that Officer Wallace (first officer dispatched to Kait’s scene) hung out at that body shop, and her boyfriend, Alex Marentas, (later head of the Police Union), was a field officer at the scene, involved in collecting evidence, provides an additional link.

So, on and on it goes. Can any of you, out there in Cyberspace, inject another piece into this horrific jigsaw puzzle?

i am sorry

Question: Hello! I have read you book this year at school and it saddens me that no one has found the killer to this day. I am so sorry for your lost. it seems to me that you are a very strong woman. And i hope you find the person who killed your daughter. my question is are you in contact with Daug or no? And if you are are you both still freinds?
Im sorry for your lost again and in time i beleive that God will show who did this to your daughter.
God bless you.

Asked on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 05:45:24 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

We have had no contact with Dung since November 1989.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next