Displaying 4381 - 4400 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 220 of 276)

Dung Nguyen

Question: I just finished reading Who Killed My Daughter? and it was horrifying. I noticed one thing that was interesting though. One of the Vietnamese in California was named Minh Nguyen Duy or something similar to that. I was wondering if it was ever investigated why Kait's boyfriend and this guy in California have the same name. I was also wondering if Rod ever got back to you after you put that note on Kait's grave.

Asked on Saturday, November 10, 2007 at 11:04:01 AM
Reply: There are only a dozen or so Vietnamese names, the Nguyen is one of the most common. Dung Nguyen and that attorney are not related.

Yes, Rod did contact us. He is not the person who took Kait to the "Desert Castle." However, he was, indeed, her secret second boyfriend and was taking her to movies and out for coffee on all those nights when Dung was out with his friends.

School Project

Question: Hi, my names taylor.
I'm doing a project on this book and i was wondering if you could possibly send me a video on the interview that Lois Duncan had with Larry king.
If you have any information on this please e-mail me at
taylork94@comcast.net

Taylor

Asked on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 03:36:44 PM
Reply: Hello, Taylor,

I don't know how one would go about getting a copy of a Larry King broadcast from 1992. Larry King, himself, probably doesn't have one.

Media Interested

Question: Hi,
I know that AMW and other shows go after new news, but it seems like a good time to be vocal, with Richardson running for president. I thought you'd like to know on page 72 of this month's playboy he's asked about border patrol, and he says "also, I vetoed legislation that said local law enforcement couldn't cooperate with federal enforcement agencies." I think he should be asked to put his money where his mouth is, and allow FBI in to look at Kait's murder. Perhaps some letters to Playboy asking about this matter? The sad thing is I think I could like him, if I didn't know the APD was allowed to be so corrupt. It really doesn't speak well for him as president that he allows this level of corruption to fester.
Just some thoughts!

Asked on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 04:23:41 AM
Reply: I don't know much about Richardson, so I can't voice an opinion about his qualifications for president. However, the more I learn about the FBI, the more I have come to believe that they have their own agenda and nobody can sway them from following it. If they had wanted to get involved in Kait's case, they would have found a way to do so.

The Tallykeeper

Question: I read below that this book wasn't published. Why not? That seems kind of weird but i may just not have all the right information. I'm only on the 16th chapter of Who Killed My Daughter? and I think this is horrible and someone should have down or said something by now that points to who has done this. I will keep you family in my hert Mrs. Lois

Asked on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 03:07:39 AM
Reply: THE TALLY KEEPER hasn't yet been published because of a non-compete clause in the contract for WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. This issue is being resolved.

Hello again

Question: awhile ago i emailed you, you probably dont remember me though, Macey and i told you how i wished there was some way i could help you even though i know i cant and how i am only 13, your response was "macey you may be "very young" but you are also very wonderful, you are exactly the kind of person need in this messed up society that we live in" <-- those were your exact word :)

but i started thinking more about your book lately and i thought of a few questions:

-Have you seen or heard from dung since he got with a girl that looked like kait? (or so some people say looked like kait)

-Have you came across any new leads that would lead you any closer to finding who pulled the trigger that tragic night?

-whatever happened to sharon smith?

Asked on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 10:12:53 AM
Reply: Hello, Macey,

No, we haven't seen or heard directly from Dung since November of 1889. When we sent him a copy of a flyer we were offering for information about Kait's death, his girlfriend called the police and accused us of harassment.

We don't have any new leads pointing directly to the triggerman. (We suspect the triggerman was hired.) But we do have information about various people involved in the cover-up.

Sharon moved out of state and is going by a different name. She told me she fled the state in fear for her life. She told an investigator she moved because of a wonderful job offer. At any rate, she's no longer in Albuquerque.

Eye on Albuquerque

Question: I posted a message about Kaitlyn and this website on the Eye on Albuquerque website. Whomever is in charge took it right off.

Asked on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 08:35:38 PM
Reply: VERY interesting.

Who killed my daughter?

Question: Why did you belive that the shooting was not random?

Asked on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 10:52:05 AM
Reply: If you click on the link on the post beneath this one, that takes you to the headline article in the November 2007 issue of the John Cooke Fraud Report, you can answer that question for yourself.

New Article

Question: This is a link to an article is in the November 2007 issue of the John Cooke Fraud Report, the national trade journal for insurance claims investigators. Their interest in this case is still going strong.

Asked on Monday, November 05, 2007 at 04:01:58 PM
Reply: Click here to view the PDF file http://www.realcrimes.com/john.cooke.report.pdf

Answered by: Webmaster

cops

Question: there is blog called eye on Albuquerque. Lot\'s of cops post there anonymously. Retired cops too. It seems like they have no fear of anyone knowing who they are so it must really be anonymous.

Asked on Monday, November 05, 2007 at 01:18:49 PM
Reply: Thank you for sharing that information.

It wouldn't be appropriate for me to post there. But there's no reason why the rest of you couldn't do that. People can google that blog and get the URL and then post a link to this Web site.

That would be a great thing to do.

Loved your book

Question: i loved your book so much! it was so intersting, are you planning on publishing a new book?

Asked on Sunday, November 04, 2007 at 09:21:40 AM
Reply: I'm currently working on a children's book called NEWSPAPER FOR DOGS. It's a sequel to my very old, out-of-print children's book, HOTEL FOR DOGS, which has been purchased by Dreamworks. HOTEL FOR DOGS will be a major motion picture starring Emma Roberts (Nancy Drew) and Don Cheadle (Oceans Thirteen).

Question

Question: my question is in the book ''Who killed my daughter'' what do you think your characters physical and personality traits were?

Asked on Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 12:04:37 PM
Reply: Like the post below this one, I assume this is an assignment for school. I suggest you keep a notebook and pencil next to you as you read the book. Make a list of the principal "characters" (who aren't "characters" at all, but real people) and jot down your personal impressions of their personalities based upon their statements and actions.

Physical descriptions will be easy. The book contains photographs of every member of the family and of Kait's boyfriend, Dung Nguyen.

who killed my daughter

Question: HI I AM MAYA ZULFIQAR.i WANTED TO ASK HOW CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER IN WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?

Asked on Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 11:57:40 AM
Reply: I assume this is an assignment for school. If so, I'm sure your teacher wants you to read the book and make your own assessment of my character.

Safe?

Question: Did you feel safe in Alberquerque before Kait's murder?

Asked on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 12:26:40 PM
Reply: Absolutely safe.

An average middle-class family, whose lives never had been touched by violence, we didn't relate to those awful stories in newspapers about the horrible things that happened to "other people." Don and I sat over our coffee at the breakfast table and read the paper and said, "How sad" when we read about other people's children being shot to death.

Inspiration.

Question: When I read this book, it scared me. I was lying in bed, close to the end, realizing that the world can be so unjust and unfair. I was afraid to leave my room, I was amazed that this story isn't fictious. You are actually dealing with this bullshit. As I was reading about the APD, my mouth dropped to the floor. I'm typing this to tell you that your book opened my eyes to a compassion that is beyond pride and status. It made me feel like I was Kait's sister, I've just never connected to a book like this before. It's caused me to trigger a feeling in me that tells me what I should be, and that is a Police Detective. I know you may not be impressed because of what has been cruelly done to you, but I want to make this world better in any sense possible. Your story has just helped me grow as a human being in general.

I'm thanking you because you have helped me on a level that is hard to reach for some people. Thank you.

I wish I could offer some insight or new information, but I was born a year after Kait was murdered.

Asked on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 11:49:47 AM
Reply: You don't know how much this message means to us. If one strong young person like you has been stimulated enough by Kait's story to want to go out yourself to correct the problems with "The System" and make this a better world, then Kait hasn't died in vain.

SHARON SMITH

Question: Do you know Sharon's middle name or initial? Do you know how old she would be now?

Asked on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 at 11:40:23 AM
Reply: Yes, I know those things.

I also know where she is. But, back when I had no reason to suspect that she was anything other than a casual friend of Kait's who got sucked into this terrible situation by accident, she asked me to promise that I wouldn't reveal her whereabouts because she feared for her own life. I made that promise. And I will keep it. Giving out her middle name and DOB would make it too easy for the people she is afraid of to track her down.

We've lost one young woman. We don't want to lose another.

America Most Wanted

Question: Hello,

Just curious if you ever thought about have America's Most Wanted air Kait's story to hopefully find the killer?

I know you have to send in a bunch of stuff and what not for them to air, but I just think this might be a great possibility. Just an idea for your family.

Asked on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 at 06:48:14 AM
Reply: "America's Most Wanted" will not do a story without the cooperation of the investigative agency. That's true of most true crime shows. They depend upon law enforcement to supply them with stories and case materials, so they can't risk antagonizing them by presenting them in a bad light.

"Unsolved Mysteries" did a story on Kait's case many years ago. APD refused to cooperate with them, but we and an investigative reporter had access to Kait's case file, so they filmed it anyway. But they were an exception.

That story is now syndicated and occasionally pops up on the Lifetime Channel. I never know when that's going to happen.

sorry

Question: well im writing a research paper on Lois well i just wanted to tell you , you have my suport and i hope that one day you find the killer and he gets the eletric chair to punish him for his crimes because if he or she could she a person then they can probably do some drug smugling and some other illegal things well im only 13, my name is Emily McGowan but you do have my suport on this matter i meen its in the ten commandments

Asked on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 05:32:45 PM
Reply: Thank you for choosing me for your research paper, Emily, and for being such a compassionate young person.

However, it may surprise you to learn that I don't support the death penalty. As we've discovered from Kait's case, it's all too easy for law enforcement to alter evidence in order to conveniently close homicide cases. DNA evidence is now causing the release of many "convicted killers" who were sitting on death row.

Who Killed my Daughter

Question: Dear Lois,
I have just read Who Killed My Daughter? for the first time. Hard to believe since the book has been out for many years but I just started working in the library of the local school and so I am exposed to alot of books. This one caught my eye so I read it. I have a son who is three and don\'t know how anyone can cope with the lose of a child so I marvel at your resilence to carry on and find her killer. I hope for the best for you and your family and hope an ending comes for you all soon.

Asked on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 11:52:43 AM
Reply: No mother ever believes that she can "cope with the loss of a child." But what's the alternative? You play with the hand you're dealt, because you don't have any other option.

Thank you for caring.

Publishing "The Tally Keeper"

Question: I can't help but wonder if a letter-writing campaign would help. If each of us who has read WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? wrote to Dell and outlined our reasons why the THE TALLY KEEPER wouldn't compete with WKMD? maybe, just maybe it would be published?

I've heard of letter writing from fans keeping television shows on the air, so why not books?

Asked on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 10:02:22 PM
Reply: I appreciate the suggestion, but at the present time I think a letter writing campaign would irritate the editors more than it would help.

Loved your book!

Question: Hello!

Just wondering if you ever received all of Kait's things back from the police? Did they give you everything they had or did they keep some of it?

If you did get it back, did this lead you into anymore clues/evidence on whom you think was the killer?

Praying for your family today and always!

Asked on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 09:35:30 PM
Reply: It took about 15 years, but, yes, we finally got a sack of Kait's personal possessions back. Those items included family snapshots, letters, graduation cards, and her birth certificate. The Vietnamese letters were missing. We don't know what, if anything else, may be missing because no audit was done at the time Kait's things were siezed. .

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next