Displaying 4381 - 4400 of 6013 posts for this case -- (Page 220 of 301)

re: Teresa Reyes on realcrimes.com

Question: I noticed you have mentioned this missing persons name a couple of times on the board. Went to 11 dead bodies on West Mesa in Albuquerque and saw that the investigators have indentified 7 of them. Do you have info that Teresa Reyes might be one of the bodies that they haven't discovered the identity of? Do you have gut feeling that one of them might be Teresa Reyes?

Asked on Friday, June 05, 2009 at 01:07:38 PM
Reply: My gut feeling is that Teresa may not be one of those women, because the timing is a little bit off. The others all seem to have been killed within a certain time span, and Teresa disappeared slightly before that. The reason I keep mentioning it is because I know Teresa's mother and all she has been through, and my heart is breaking for her. I both feared and hoped that one of those bodies might turn out to be Teresa's because (1) if it wasn't, then the mother could still hope, but (2) if it was, the mother could let go and finally know where her child was. To my mind, worse than having your child murdered is having your child vanish and not knowing what terrible things might be happening to her/him.

Still Awed

Question: I am completely in awe of how many man hours have been placed into finding the person who killed and buried many women on the west side of Albuquerque, however, Kait's murder or murders have never been looked for. Growing up and living in Albuquerque and have read your book and being a young girl when Kait was murdered I must say that as a teen I was always more careful of those I hung out with and who I let into my life. I am sorry for your lose and I thank you for keeping this case in the spot light as much as possible and i hope one day some one will pay for what they have taken from you and your family.

(From: Kathryn in Albuquerque)

Asked on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 08:28:33 PM
Reply: I'm glad effort is being invested in identifying the bodies of the many young women buried on the mesa and in searching for their killer. But I wish that that same kind of effort had been made when they started to go missing. If so, there might not have been so many of them.

I hope you will visit the Web site at www.realcrimes.com and read the Teresa Reyes missing persons case. Tereas's body is not one of those that has been identified, but tomorrow it may be. Teresa's mother has lived through hell for many years.

Sharon

Question: I've read through a few of these comments, and there seems to be a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the loyalties of Sharon. But when Noreen Renier became Kait, she says that Sharon was a good friend to her. Does this mean that Kait might not know exactly what happened to her and who the ones responsible are? Was Sharon married at the time Kait was murdered? And after that, how long did Sharon keep her snow cone cart?

Asked on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 03:52:28 PM
Reply: That's how I would interpret it. At the time of her death, Kait did consider Sharon a good friend.

Sharon was legally married but separated from her husband, Blake Smith.

Sharon gave up her snow cone business immediately after the shooting and applied for a job at Pier One Imports, where Kait had been working as the manager of imported clothing.

Your book

Question: I hope I can read the book on your daughters murder soon because I have read some of your books and I think this book will be great for me to read and understand what you went through because I feel that you should not gone through that. And I wish to tell you I am currently in middle school. Do you know where I might find a copy of it?

Marna Girl

Asked on Friday, May 22, 2009 at 07:28:14 PM
Reply: If WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? is not in your library, the paperback edition can be ordered from on-line book stores like Amazon.com.

What happened to Roch Hart?

Question: That detective Roch Hart who started posting here very hostile because somebody has posted about his being forced out of APD and he then started giving you advise like he was Kait's best friend hasn't posted for a long time. Why did he drop out?

Asked on Friday, May 22, 2009 at 03:13:38 PM
Reply: A poster below said, " I found that the people who should talk, don't. And the ones that should be quiet, cloud the issues."

It's possible that ex-detective Hart falls into that second category. His suggestion that we demand that Kait's body be exhumed to determine whether the Medical Investigator was protecting Kait's killers would have caused us to appear insane.

Survivor's of victims

Question: I share a similar road to walk for the remainder of my life as you and your family. For me, the 10th year anniversary of my loving brother's murder was last January. But, February marked 35 years for my friend, school mate, next door neighbor and general mischievious adventurer's murder.

Although there are less mysteries, (my brother by his wife although a blogster claims it was by the government, my friend just in the wrong place, or was it planned....) I know that I have never truley "gotton over it," I have just learned to handle it better. We all lose loved ones, the time is never right to give them up... there was always one more thing I wished I had done for them. Or said... I wish I clearly had answers and accuracy in what I do know about both cases. But I stopped walking down that road. That doesn't imply that I have found peace, albeit; what I have found - was that by not "seeking" I started getting some real information as people became more comfortable to communicate because there would be no big investigation over what they said.

I am amazed at how many of your posters do not take the time to read the prior postings to see if their question is answered. But then, it is easier to just re-ask.

Be well.

Asked on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 10:02:11 AM
Reply: I am so sorry for your losses and lack of closure. Youre right -- we never "get over" the loss of loved ones who died before their time, especially if we are left drowning in unanswered questions Like you, we continue to receive new informatiion from informants who have gained courage through the passage of time. We established this Web site to give them a way to contact us.

help officer?

Question: Your post about Kerry and the lessons she has taught her children about approaching a cop for help is very sad. I completely understand how you all can feel that way. I married my high school sweet heart and shorlty after we married he became an officer with APD. I watched my bestfriend of 10 years become a lost soul. The abuse of power and the harrasment I've endured since we've divorced has at times been more then I can stand. There's no where to turn. There's no help there's no protection from the ones that are supposed to be the protectors. Even with a father as a police officer my kids will not go the cops for help. Sadly my young son says we'll call super heros. I wont pretend to know the level of your frustration, but my prayers are with you. We can only pray that things change. Im sure a lot of the officers involved will face their maker soon. I know that part your pain comes from not knowing and doesn't come form revenge, but God has the final say. Good luck you and yours.

Asked on Monday, May 18, 2009 at 01:06:09 PM
Reply: This is terrible. I would very much like to know more about your situation, the abuse of power and the identities of people involved in your harassment and the corruption of your ex-husband. Those same people may have had the power to control the investigation of Kait's case and/or the cases of others, and their names may already be in our investigator's database. If so, your experiences will give credence to information we've been given by others.

If you'd be willing to contact me by private e-mail, I give you my word on Kait's name that I will not share your identity with anyone without your express permission.

aarthi again

Question: y did you disapprove of rod?
if this is too private for you to answer please say so

Asked on Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 01:39:57 PM
Reply: I never met Rod or even knew he existed. I only learned about him after Kait's murder.

police

Question: me again aarthi
do you think the gang is threating the police just wondering i am thinking all sides of this

Asked on Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 09:37:04 PM
Reply: No, I don't think any gang is threatening the police.

tally keeper

Question: i asked you a question about the police and you replied
will you be writing all that information in the tally keeper thank you for taking your time to reply
i know how busy you are
i also want to say that though i cant help you i can do some thing and i will tell everyone i know about your story and your dedication to your daughter
after reading this book i can tell that she was a wonderful kind person and that she was special. i don't believe that kait was active in these drug or car scams i believe that the event when she was supposedly in the car during a scam was a lie to get her out of trouble
i also believe that rod loved her
y did you disapprove of him
-Aarthi(i am really interested as you can see)

Asked on Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 09:33:42 PM
Reply: Yes, all the information we and our investigators have uncovered since WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published will be in THE TALLY KEEPER.

According to public records, Kait was not in any car involved in the insurance scam. The police lied to us about that. Possibly they thought that the threat of tarnishing Kait's reputation would make us back off on searching for the truth.

killer is a police

Question: i agree but have some questions
y couldnt a normal killer learn to to that
and do you not suspect dung at all
i have this gut feeling that he is involved
and the rest of the "suicide attemps"
are sooo not suicide atemps
they had no reason to suicide
its aarthi again

Asked on Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 01:49:16 PM
Reply: A "normal killer" can learn to do all kinds of things, especially if he is a professional hitman. We're not ruling that out at all. Paul Apodaca, who was at the scene when police arrived ,was arrested a year later for shooting a victim from a VW bug, the same make car that witnesses reported seeing flee Kait's scene. Paul Apodaca's brother, Mark Apodaca, (who also owned a VW bug and very possibly was with Paul that night), was nicknamed "The Assasin." He is currently serving a long prison sentence for the murder of a stranger he yanked off the sidewalk, abducted, and shot to death.

We're also not ruling out the possibility that Kait was shot by a member of Dung's Vietnamese gang. Like you, I don't believe Dung's stab wound was a suicide attempt.

We received the following e-mail from an Asian crime investigator who has a Vietnamese wife:

"The story about the "suicide attempt" sounds strange. In Vietnamese culture, when a boy makes a mistake and causes a death of
a girlfriend, he must show off his love to her family - take care of her parents like his own. To kill himself violates the first rule of
Confucius (the Pious Rule) - this rule is basic in Vietnamese and Chinese culture, unlike the Jap hara-kiri.

"I told the story to a Vietnamese coworker without mentioning gangs/crime/etc.
The answer I got was that: 1. The boy belongs to a gang and she was a threat in some way so she was killed - maybe he feels remorse because the gang will think less of him
for having that girl - highly unlikely he would try to kill himself.

2. Or, the boy is "a cold blood" (direct Vietnamese translation) and either did the crime or knows a lot about it and faked a suicide to cast suspicion elsewhere. After all, he did take a pain killer. This is the most likely scenario if the wound was not inflicted by others.

So to answer your question, no, that scenario you outline has little merit.

One other thought - the stabbing may have been a self inflicted punishment order or carried out by the gang for Dung Nguyen putting the gang in jeapordy. The gangs borrow from each other and self mutilation
as a punishment for infractions is not unknown.

autograph

Question: i was reading a question about autographing but i would like to have a chance to to that so in order to send a private email i need your email sso would you mind giving it to me
i really hope you find out who killed your daughter
Aarthi madadi
(please send the email to VampireValentine1@gmail.com
thank you and good luck.

Asked on Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 01:40:26 PM
Reply: Anybody who wants to send me a private e-mail can go to Kait's Home Page, consult the menu on the left side, and click on "contact us." "Us" means me.

A Visit with Lois Duncan

Question: I went on line and ordered the DVD "A Visit with Lois Duncan" for my daughter's school. Before I gave it to them, I watched it, and I've now ordered another copy for myself. I love the fact that the interview was filmed in your home and the interviewer was your daughter Kerry. She looks so much like the photos of Kait that I can almost picture what Kait would have looked like if she'd been allowed to become an adult. When you and Kerry discuss Kait's murder the pain on your faces is so evident even after all these years. After watching this and seeing Kaits sister, I guess for the first time its really hit me how this didn't just effect you and Kait's dad, it effected her sisters and brothers equally much. Every one of them must be living in a world effected by this nightmare. If there little sister could be murdered and the cops covered it up, what if there own children are assaulted? Will they trust the cops to help? Somehow I don't think so.

Asked on Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 02:28:17 PM
Reply: After Kait's murder, our daughter Kerry, the mother of three young children, told me that, before then, she had always told her children that if they were lost or afraid they should find a policeman and he would take care of them. After our family's experience with APD, she told them, "Whatever you do, DON'T GO TO A POLICE OFFICER BY YOURSELF! Go into a store and tell the cashier that you need help, and she/he will call the right people and stand beside you. But DON'T EVER GO BY YOURSELF TO A POLICE OFFICER!"

That was the lesson Kerry absorbed from the APD handling of Kait's murder and all we have learned since then. Our grandchildren have absorbed it as well. "Don't ever go to the police for help in any situation unless you have somebody with you to protect you from the police. Because you can't be sure if they're going to be good cops or bad cops."

Accident

Question: I have a question if she was shot then her car traveled to traffic lanes why is the glass on the seats? If she was shot while driving the glass would be on her and in her hair. Also why if she was shot in the head she would be laying in the seat but if it hit a pole she should have been thrown on the floor. I'm not sure if this helps but it does raise a couple of question

Asked on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 11:28:52 PM
Reply: Those are good questions.

I've also asked myself why -- when her purse was returned to us at the hospital -- there wasn't any money in her wallet. Not even a penny. I know she had money when she went out that night, because she was talking about stopping to pick up ice cream on her way to Sharon's. All we can imagine is that somebody opened the car door after she was shot and cleaned out her wallet. The obvious person to have done that was Paul Apodaca, the man who was already at the scene, standing next to Kait's car, when police arrived. When women drive alone in the car, they almost always place their purse in the passenger's seat. So, why didn't Kait fall on top of it?

So many questions, and so few real answers.

APD in the news again

Question: FYI Albuquerque's Finest made the news again last night. I was falling asleep so I forgot the officer's name but he is a criminal and something was mentioned about lowering the standards in which Alb. picks their cadets.. Of course mayor Marty denies that but apparently there's been several shaddy officers hired.

Asked on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 12:25:34 PM
Reply: Thank you for keeping us up to date on local news.

to kaits mom and dad

Question: im am half way through reading your book who killed my daughter i just wanted to say im very sorry for your loss and my heart and prayers go out to you both dearly but my question is is there any way she could have left a clue or something about who did this horrible thing to her ?

Asked on Monday, May 11, 2009 at 09:23:05 PM
Reply: If so, we weren't able to find it. But, remember -- while we were at the hospital, waiting for Kait to die, Dung's friends were in his/Kait's apartment. (We know that from Kait's neighbors, and also from the phone calls they made to California that turned up on Kait's phone bill.) They had over 24 hours to remove any clues she might have left.

Compelled to Comment

Question: I just finished Who Killed My Daughter in a marathon reading session inspired by a student in my 7th grade reading class. Your bravery is unmatched, and I pray that you find closure. You really opened my eyes to the injustice in a world that I thought had pretty clear good guys and bad.The lack of action and clear miscarriage of justice on the part of those we entrust to protect and serve sickens me.Just wanted to say that you and your family are in my thoughts. Wish I had some sort of power or talent to help. [April from Pittsburgh]

Asked on Monday, May 11, 2009 at 06:07:56 PM
Reply: You're right -- it's a terrible jolt to suddenly discover that the "good guys" are really the "bad guys." It's as if the world has gone totally off kilter and there's no where to plant your feet and know that you're safe and steady.

As our second daughter, Kerry, says, "We didn't just lose Kait, we lost our innocence."

Confused

Question: Dear Lois,
I have read Who Killed My Daughter? several times, and every time I read it I keep thinking that I've missed something. How could that psychic have seen Mike Vamp as a suspect when you made him up? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I mean I know that Kait had a copy of Don't Look Behind You in her car but that just doesn't make any sense. I have read a lot of your books and loved them all. I just can't get her out of my head. And what about Dung, it seemed like he and Kait fought a lot. Would he have motive to kill her though? And I know that he has an alibi, but what if his friends are lying to protect him? I am a huge fan of your work. So please write back. I am 15 years old and a freshman in high school. Please write back.

Katharine Emma Harding
(Katie)

Asked on Monday, May 11, 2009 at 07:26:20 AM
Reply: The psychic, Noreen Renier, who went into a trance and described the face of "Mike Vamp," the hit man in my book DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU, believes that Kait ("from the Other Side") was psychically sending her the vision of that face in order to convey the message, "This was NOT a random shooting. I was killed by a HIT MAN like the one in mother's book."

Dung's two alibi friends were as deeply involved in criminal activities as Dung was. I would not consider them reliable alibies. They would certainly lie to protect him, and to protect themselves. I personally believe the three of them were together that night and that they were at the scene and watched the shooting, whether or not they participated in it.

Hey Mrs. Arquette!

Question: Hey Mrs. Arquette! I hope you remember me..I emailed you a few months back (email:soccermania102001@yahoo.com). I just wanted to wish you a happy Mother\\\\\\\'s Day & a happy belated birthday!! I was just watching the video that was put up & I\\\\\\\'m not sure what tugs on my heartstrings more...reading about what happened or actually seeing & hearing you talk about it. Either way, I still think about you & your family often & I pray for you all that one day the case will be solved. I have recently tried getting others into Who Killed My Daughter? & they love it so far, just like I do. I just wanted to let you know, if I haven\\\\\\\'t told you before, that you\\\\\\\'re my favorite author & my writing inspiration.

With love,
Katie Schmidt

Asked on Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 06:14:40 PM
Reply: Thank you, Katie. I'm glad you took the time to watch the video, as a face and voice are more intimate than words on a page.

KATE

Question: HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT WROTING A BOOK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR DAUGTHER?

Asked on Thursday, May 07, 2009 at 08:50:53 AM
Reply: I feel I had no choice but to write it. It was the only way I could keep the facts of her case from becoming buried.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 next