Displaying 4341 - 4360 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 218 of 283)

blue code of silence

Question: Hi, I have just come across this book lying around the house and no one knows where it came from or how it got here but i began reading it (still at ch.18) and something told me to go and google Kait Arquette and WOW, keep up the good work. Justice will be served. What goes around comes around, full circle!!
I wanted to write a few days ago but didn't know where to start but when i read the posting where Mrs. Arquette mentioned "The Code Of Silence", after a supporter wanted to do something i just had to write. There's the world's problem right there. We ALL seem to be MUZZELED and AFRAID to SPEAK when we need to MOST. Is this what we call freedom? What the HELL are we
at over in Iraq and Afganistan fighting for when we can't even protect ourselves at home!!?? Shouldn't we have member's of government looking out for these kinds of organized crimes or criminals within our governments and high authority to protect us. After all we do the voting so we
also should stand up when we see something wrong and not be afraid to correct it, together. As you probably can tell i am angry and yes at the world, call me crazy if you like.
Mrs.Arqutte i admire you for your dedication to Kait, your doing such a wonderful job, keep going!

MartJoe

P.S. Anyone and everyone who can do what the 11 yr old is doing to help this case should do the same and this world will come together and be a better place to be. So let's get going put some more pressure on those with information. And those with information you will feel alot better
by reporting it. A weight off your shoulders. NO CODE OF SILENCE!!

Asked on Sunday, April 27, 2008 at 09:32:05 PM
Reply: The Code of Silence seems to be drilled into students at the police academy as the most important aspect of their job. Police officers (honest ones, who asked that they not be identified) have told me that they would LIKE to speak up when cover-ups occur but are afraid there will be retaliation against them and their families by others in the department.

It's amazing.

Question: I don't expect you to read this.
You must be really busy.
But it just angers me how the police didn't help.
It's just inhumane that you have all this information and the police...ugh.
You know what I mean.
Honestly, it pisses me off.
Sure, Kait messed up. But we're all teenagers at one point, she didn't deserve this.
She was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now; this might sound like a conspiracy theory but 'till this day I stand my ground and say that cops were involved.

I'm only teenager, but Kait's story opened my eyes.
It took me out this fantasy world that I was living in, and made me realize that things are not what they seem.

However, I do have one question.

Are you still investiagating? Or have you stopped?

Anyways, I'm looking foward to

'Who Killed My Daughter 2' were the killer is revealed.

That man/woman better hope I don't find him before the cops do.
Because trust, mark my words, I will commit a crime myself.

-S.S/14/Florida

P.S - Almost finished all your suspense books.
Down a dark hall <3
All I have left is 'Gallows Hill'

Asked on Sunday, April 27, 2008 at 07:34:12 PM
Reply: Thank you for your passionate support. We, too, believe the shooting was a conspiracy, and, yes, we are still investigating. Every time anyone contacts us with additional information, we have it checked out and verified.

I don't want anything in THE TALLY KEEPER to be inaccurate,

Why?

Question: If you kept on gaining evidence that Kait was not randomly shot, then why did the police keep on insisting that it was a random shooting? I read in your book something about statistics, but I didn't get it.

Asked on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 08:45:48 PM
Reply: What the FBI agent meant when he said that homicide investigations are "all about stats" was that police officers are pressured by their supervisors to close cases as quickly and inexpensively as possible. So, they sometimes close homicide cases as accidents or suicides, so they won't have to spend a lot of time and money investigating. He also said they sometimes make arrests -- even though they know they're arresting the wrong person -- just so they can call the case "closed."

APD considers Kait's case "solved" because they arrested the Hispanic suspects, despite the fact that all charges against them were dropped.

Personally, I believe there is more than that involved in Kait's case or a cover-up wouldn't have started at the crime scene.

Louis Saavedra

Question: But that poster said that his friend saw Luis Saavedra at that house. He did some underhanded things when he was President of TVI back before he ran for Mayor. Also, it was around the same time Bob Schwartz was the DA. And you know how the DA's office and Mayor's office are always intertwined. Of course, he probably wouldn't want to get involved, even if he did know something.

Asked on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 03:01:44 PM
Reply: He DEFINITELY wouldn't want to get involved if what the tipster says is accurate and he was paartying with drug dealers and dirty cops.

But there is no proof that he was. We can't take the word of someone who posts anonymously on a message board unless that person is willing to provide us with information that can be verified.

Ditto to the last posting - Come forward, don't be

Question: a coward! Put the Arquette's hearts and minds to rest!

Asked on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 02:55:34 PM
Reply: Amen!

regarding the posting with information

Question:
I hope that the poster who wrote that he knows that someone was paid to shoot Kait because she was a "snitch" will contact you privately or have his friend contact you.

If he doesn't, someone else who has the same information will read this board. I am an ordinary person, someone who didn't know Kait and has never met her family, asking you to please contact Kait's family. They have endured enough. Thousands of people (ordinary people like me, who didn't know Kait when she was living) check the board and pray for kait and her family. If you know who killed Kait and why, write the information down and send it to the address. Do the right thing.

Asked on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 02:33:02 PM
Reply: We are waiting to hear from him.

About the big house on Tierra Monte

Question: The house is actually on Casa Tierra St. in Sandia Heights. But you do use Tierra Monte to get to it. Because the houses described in the previous posting before said it was 42 or 39 Tierra Monte. Neither one of those houses has a pool. The one on Casa Tierra does. And the one on Casa Tierra looks more like the "castle" you described in one of your answers or your book.

In regard to Louis Saavedra. Are you going to make contact with him to ask questions? Or have your PI look into it?

Asked on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 01:09:19 PM
Reply: Thank you for this additional information. However, unless we're contacted by the person who professes to have first hand knowledge of what happened to Kait, we aren't in a position to question Mr. Saavedra. In fact, that would be harassment.

His name never has been mentioned in connection with Kait's case, nor -- to the best of my knowledge -- has he ever been accused of drug activity. Many political VIPs own beautiful houses in that area of Albuquerque, so the fact that Saavedra happens to be one of those is not enough to link him to Kait's case.

Help

Question: Hi Mrs. Arquette,

I've spent many years keeping up with this case. Do you think if some of your supporters would rally APD, we could help in getting this case re-opened? Or, what can we do to help you with this tragedy; aside from providing information.

Asked on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 10:32:09 AM
Reply: I don't think there's anything ANYBODY can do that will cause APD to change their position on Kait's case. Because, to do that, they would have to implicate some of their people, and cops are sworn never to do that.

That's what they call "The Blue code of Silence."

Louis E. Saavedra

Question: Mayor of Albuquerque in 1989, preceded by Ken Shultz. Could these be the political figures that Kait saw at the Tierra Monte "party house" It all makes a little sense. Saavedra is currently living in NW Albuquerque and is listed in the city directory.

Asked on Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 03:33:26 PM
Reply: Unless and until we receive the specific information we requested from the friend of the person who posted below, we can't move forward on this possibility.

infurmatshun

Question: my frund live in alb in 1989 he remembur the nite of the shoting he live bi NE ROMA 1 of his frunds bragd bout it his frund was a drug deler and he sad he get pad 2500 to shot the girl my frund and his frund taled her frum her apt he sad she live bi SE LUSIANNA and SE SAN MATEO his frund sad she was a snich 1 of his frunds oned a party hows in tearra monte my frund wen there and see the girl they folo her he thinks the numer was 42 or 39 it was a big hows wit a pol shape like been importent peeple party there luis savedra etc. and luts of polise men my frund want me to tull u he dusnt wan ppl to no he taked he stil live in alb and peeple wuld hur him

Asked on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 05:47:31 PM
Reply: If your friend has valid information he is willing to share with us he can contact us by personal e-mail or mail a letter to us c/o PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 27187. He can do this anonymously. Or, since he is in Albuquerque, he can either call or meet with one of our private investigators at NIA/NM, (National Investigations Agency of New Mexico). If he chooses to do that, his identity will be kept confidential.

For this information to be useful, we would need to know (1) who Kait was snitching ON, (2) who she was snitching TO, (3) who the shooter was and (4) who hired him.

Given up?

Question: Have the police given up? Or are they still "working" on it?

Asked on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 02:21:36 PM
Reply: No, the police arre not working on it.

Rod

Question: I was just wondering if Rod still lives in Albuquerque.

Asked on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 04:29:48 PM
Reply: That's for Rod to respond to if he wishes to.

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: I recently read "Who Killed My Daughter", and I have concluded a thing or two about her death. I believe that her boyfriend Dung was involved, whether he ordered her death or not.

If he did, I think it would be because he was raised to believe that women should do everything that a man says. And Kaitlyn was more independent than he thought women should be. He wanted control, and the only way would be to kill her. Involving her didn't help anything. I believe that he also sensed that she would tell, and her telling him that confirmed his suspicions.

But if he didn't order her death, he was still involved by involving her in his crimes. If he hadn't, she might have found out anyway, but the fault wouldn't be his.

He also can't seem to keep one story. He changed his story at least twice. I don't understand if police knew that, why they wouldn't continue to look at it. Either way, I believe at least part of the fault was his.

Asked on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 07:54:48 PM
Reply: I agree.

To quote from one of the readings by the psychic, Betty Muench: "Dung will be in a sense the instigator of this event. There will have been anger in this time and it will have stemmed from something very serious about which Kaitlyn will have been trying to urge him to take a certain action. He will have resisted strongly, and he will have been encouraged in his resistance by others who will also have been involved. He will have tried to gain some assistance from her by telling her certain things, and she will have urged him to do other than he expected of her, and then he felt betrayed by her ... It is not as if he will have been the one to do this, but he will seem to know who did it."

Unknown%

Question: dont you think that the boyfriend did it or some of his friends? because remember when her boyfriend wanted to get into her apartment, but couldnt because he didnt have the right key ,because kait asked that the landlord change the locks because him and his friends are way to violent,and remember when kait told you not to tell (the boyfriend) where she is going to be for the night. Remember when he was in the hospital and he almost told you who did do it. Even your daughters sucspected that it was him. I will trty to learn more on the subject and write you back n oh yeah dont you think you should re open the case because back then they didnt have the right tools or people to solve it but now they sure do.

Asked on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 09:40:54 AM
Reply: Yes, I remember all those things. I have no doubt that Dung's Vietnamese group was involved in Kait's death in some manner. But there were other people involved too. If you'll click on the link to the Crime Scene, you'll find that a police cover-up started immediately. Those cops at the scene would not have been covering up for a Vietnamese gang unless that gang was involved in activities those cops were also involved in or were protecting.

pier one

Question: The young woman worked at pier one while Kait worked where; pier one or the
clothing store?
Was Kait aware that it was reported to the FBI?
Was Dung related to the drug dealings thru pier one?

Asked on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 04:12:25 PM
Reply: Kait worked at Pier One Imports as supervisor of "Passport Clothing", in charge of their shipping and receiving. Kait was wearing "Passport Clothing" when she was killed.

I recently visited a Pier One store, and they did not sell clothing. So they must have stopped that in the interim. But, in 1989, when Kait worked there, they had a large department of clothing from the Orient.

We have no idea if Kait was even aware of the heroin importation; if so, whether she knew that her co-worker had reported it to the FBI; or whether Dung was related to the drug dealings.
That's some of the information we are seeking via this Web site.

pier one

Question: Kait and Sharon Smith worked @ pier one along with Sharon's boyfriend; and heroin was being delivered where by UPS through pier one? No wonder Sharon doesn't want her where abouts known. Maybe Kaitlyn went to speak to Sharon about the happenings through their store; Are Sharon and the boyfriend still together?
I'm sure these are questions you've already asked.
I've read your book twice, very good read and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure there isn't a day that goes by you don't think of Kaitlyn and wondering what she would be doing today. As a mother of three I know I would.
I check this web site from time to time and read the new messages; I pray your questions will be answered soon.

Asked on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 01:16:42 PM
Reply: To clarify: Kait and Sharon did NOT work at Pier One at the same time. At the time Kait was manager of Imported Clothing, Sharon had a snow cone cart right in front of Pier One. They met and became friends when Kait went outside during a lunch break.

When Kait was killed, Sharon abandoned her snowcone business and applied for Kait's job. Her boyfriend applied there also. Both were hired, and both abruptly stopped working a couple of weeks later.

The young woman who discovered the heroin and reported it to the FBI was employed at Pier One while Kait worked there. She felt so uncomfortable about the situation that she quit her job there. Kait was shot several weeks later.

For Rod

Question: I can't believe its really you. Its mindblowing to have a character from a book post on a message board. It makes the whole incredible story come alive and ring true.

The person below asked what was Kait really like. Would you be willing to tell us about her from your perspective? Why did you wait so long to contact her family? Do you have a personal opinion about what led to her death or who she had an appointment with the last evening you were with her?

Asked on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 11:09:33 AM
Reply: Rod, feel free to respond to this if you wish. But don't feel pressured to do so if it makes you uncomfortable.

Who was Kait really?

Question: She was very beautiful and it seems she was loved during her life by a wonderful family. Roberta Hayes will seriously be missed.

Sometimes we only see what we want to see and we are often not able to understand the basic connections between people that existed in seemingly impersonal and innocuous relationships.

I do not wish to offend but I think this is cetainly one of those cases.

When an old friend of mine named Carol DeRonch was pushed of a cliff I as well as others in our old neighborhood in Colorado was sure it was murder. Carol was such an outgoing person. She had a tremendous ability to draw people towards her. Yet it has taken years for us to all come to realize that Carol had many different types of unknown people in her company.

She had been raped (it all came out later) and her life was full of insinuations and indirect threats to her person, friends and family.

She even had her car stolen and never even reported it to the police out of fear. Luckily, the man who stole the car turned out to have a serious rap sheet from Russia of all places and was found after he resold the car to a person suspicious of him and did a background check on his bogus name and ID. He was wanted for serial murders in a small place in Shakty, Russia

My point is you never really know what people's lives may be all about.

How well do we really know all the people who were in Kaitlin's life?

Something to Dwell upon.
Janis Strader Karpitsa

Asked on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 12:41:40 PM
Reply: You're right. We obviously didn't know all the people who were in Kait's life. That's the purpose of this Web site. We're trying to find out.

State Attorney General?

Question: I live in Alabama. We recently had a case where the local D.A. was "dragging his feet" about prosecuting a murder case. It was not a case of D.A. corruption or anything of that sort, just he didn't feel the evidence was strong enough or something. The family was able to contact the state attorney general's office who was then able to take over the case from the local D.A. --even though he did not want to give it up. Does NM have such a system? Have you contacted the state attorney general and asked him to take the case from the local jurisdiction? In our local case the state AG ended up using his investigators, prosecutors, etc. and was able to try and convict the killer. May God bless you as you continue to pursue justice for your daughter.

Asked on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 06:32:32 PM
Reply: Thank you for this suggestion, but we've already tried it. In March, 1995, we and our private investigator set up an appointment to meet with Attorney General Tom Udall. Udall stood us up, and we were relegated to agents Denis De Luche and David Baca at the Albuquerque office. De Luche and Baca agreed to review our case materials and get back to us. We did not hear from them again. Finally, after two years of unanswered letters and unreturned phone calls, we hired an attorney to intercede. Agent De Luche told the attorney that any concerns we had regarding APD's investigation or lack there of "are between the Arquette family and APD."

POSTED BY ROD: Give the gift of justice

Question: Kait has been weighing heavily on my mind lately, and Iíve seen my ďnameĒ in several posts recently, so I thought I would comment. The excerpt from chapter six that is quoted in The Tallykeeper section is exactly as it happened. Kaitís mom has seen fit to make sure that my real identity has remained hidden, in an effort to protect me. Iím not sure how truly necessary it has been, but those of you who know something far more important than I, that could solve Kaitís murder, should not feel hindered by Lois revealing your identity.
(To borrow from a film I saw) I do believe in the rights of victims. I do believe that they deserve recompense; no matter how significant or insignificant it may be in comparison to the loss suffered. I have suffered such a loss. I have spent sleepless nights trying desperately to squelch down that bile-ish instinct for revenge. I have wondered if this pain will ever abate. I have learned that time does not heal the wound. It will though, in its most merciful way, blunt the edge, ever so slightly.
The final chapter on the road to justice and recovery has not been written. Selfishly, I implore you to come forward and help Lois write that chapter. On May 16, 2008, Kait will have been gone from this earth for as long as she graced it. I did not have the pleasure of knowing Kait for nearly as long as her family and friends, and yet some days the pain is quite sharp. I canít even fathom the pain Lois must feel.
There is no recovery without justice. Please allow those who have been affected by Kaitís murder to have some closure.
~Rod

Asked on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 11:10:59 PM
Reply: ROD'S INFORMATION:

Although "Rod" does not realize the things he knew were important, he told us several things that WE consider important:

(1) Kait DID give Rod a silver bracelet with his name on one side and hers on the other. She told him she was breaking up with Dung, and she and Rod could then start dating openly. She told
him, "I HAVE TO GET A FEW THINGS FIXED, and then we'll start going out next week." The next thing he heard, she was dead.

We believe those "few things" she was going to try to "fix" were what led to her death.

(2) On Friday, July 14, 1989, Rod and Kait had a date to see an early movie, "Peter Pan." When the movie ended, she told him she couldn't continue the evening with him because she "had an appointment." Two days later, on Sunday, July 16, she was shot to death.

Whom would she have an "appointment" with at about 9:30 p.m. on a Friday evening? If you put that together with her having to "get a few things fixed," that suggests she went somewhere either to confront someone or to to devulge information to someone.

(3) Kait asked Rod, "What would you do if I died?" That's not the kind of question a teenager would ask a new boyfriend. Or ask ANYBODY, for that matter. Obviously, at some level, she was afraid for her life.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next