Displaying 4321 - 4340 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 217 of 284)

Dung's where abouts

Question: It's been years since I read the book about the loss of your dear daughter. I am sorry for your loss.

Do you know what ever happened to Dung or hsi whereabouts today? Has he ever tried contacting you or visiting Kait's memorial?

Asked on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 10:18:51 AM

answer to last post.

Question: yes, I will. Will you let me know by email if it is the same cop? You promise to not reveal my identity? In what way was he influential in the case, negative or positive in regard to helping you?

Asked on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 11:29:04 AM
Reply: I give you my word, on Kait's name, that I will not reveal your identity to anyone without your permission.

Since I don't know for sure what name you're going to send me, I can't answer your last question. Once you've given me the name, I'll respond by personal e-mail.

people who shot Kait 2

Question: Well then, it really does sound like a police cover-up. I know that you and everyone else who reads this board would be so happy if the person/persons (police officers) who knew what happended would come forward. I know a retired homicide detective who was still working homicides in that year (1989) and the years following, and just listening (in the past) to some of the comments he made, I doubt that anyone from the APD, or who was involved (friendshipwise or romantically)would ever come forward. They were all with the impression that your family was foolish to think that the killing was anything other than a random shooting. I remember even arguing with him and he got really mad at me. And basically told me that I had no idea what was going on and that I should just keep my \"big trap shut.\" And that\'s putting what he said to me nicely.

The only way, I think, that someone that was close to the incident would come foward is if that person was on their death bed and wouldn\'t care if anyone found out that he/she was the rat.

Asked on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 10:19:37 AM
Reply: Please, send us the name of that detective by private e-mail. You don't have to identify yourself, although, if you do, we promise not ever to reveal your idenity. We make that same promise to anyone who contacts us with information.

We will not contact this detective, because we realize that would be futile and it might also create problems for you, which we don't want to do. But we would like to know if he is the SAME detective who has made similar statements to several other people and/or was instrumental in influencing the investigation of Kait's case, and/or was romantically involved with a female (or male) cop who was at the scene that night.

MESSAGE

Question: I HOPE THAT IF NOT NOW THAN ONE DAY ON JUDGEMENT DAY THE CASE WILL BE SOLVED

Asked on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 12:13:08 PM
Reply: It's going to happen sooner than that.

It will happen when one of the good people,who knows what happened and has been afraid to contact us, lands on this Web site and message board and tells himself/herself, "Eighteen years is long enough for this family to be banging their fists against closed doors. I will help them."

people who shot Kait

Question: I don't think the shooters were professionals. If they would have been, they would have made sure she was dead at the scene. If there were two guns used, why weren't there two different shell casings found?

The person or persons who ordered the hit were the pros. Albuquerque is filled with corrupt people starting at the top. I'll be very surprised if this case ever gets figured out by the P.I.

My sincerest regards go out to you to have peace of mind even if this is never solved. One good thing to remember is that the people who were involved will pay some day one way or the other. Karma.

Asked on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 at 10:19:14 AM
Reply: In response to your good question, "If there were two guns, why weren't two different shell casings found?" --

NO shell casings were found. NO bullets were found, in Kait's car or in her head. Everything vanished like smoke.

physic

Question: Have you had any more meetings or conversations with any of the physics since you finished your book? Did they shed any new light on the search? The scariest part of the murder I think is just thinking my daughter's murderer is still either out there or dead.

audrey age 11

Asked on Saturday, June 07, 2008 at 02:00:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting, honey, and for caring about Kait. My book was written for adults, and it concerns me when people your age read it, because it may be too much for them to handle.

You're right. The scariest part of this whole horrendous event is, not only that the killers are out there, but that the people in authority who covered up this case by concealing evidence and altering police reports are still out there, doing the same thing to other cases.

put the story together

Question: Part of Town poster,

You describe a most interesting scenario. While of course regular visitors to this board would like to red more of your ideas, you should really email Ms. Arquette privately so you can lay out the connections you are making. You address some of the real mysteries of Kait's murder, including how Sharon is involved, why there are time discrepancies, etc. You seem to be suggesting that Kait was killed elsewhere and then the care was driven to the site where it was found--which might also explain the bizarre comings and goings of various police officers in the moments after the car wrecked.

But you can't lay this story out clearly and carefully hear. Email the Arquette and lay out your story where you can name names and give them more help. If you have inside information, and it is correct, you might be the person who finally helps all of us learn what happened to Kait and why.

Asked on Thursday, June 05, 2008 at 01:06:13 AM
Reply: Thank you for posting this. Like you, I hope we receive a personal e-mail from the person who seems to have valid information.

Dung

Question: I forgot, where was Dung and his friends staging wrecks? I recently read a book (taking place in Texas January 1989) and the author was in a horrible wreck and a Vietnamese guy was a driver. Did he have to do with any serious wrecks?

Asked on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 at 12:42:01 AM
Reply: Staged wrecks, often, but certainly not always, are orchestrated by Vietnamese gangs. They are nation wide. The largest number occur in California. Next in line is Texas. But they occur all over the U.S.

There is no way to know if the particular wreck you refer to is staged or legitimate.

part of town part 4

Question: then the staged street scene which probably had PA driving her car , and DUen in the bug in case anyone saw. which btw happens to be ANOTHER trail of crumbs to a chop shop where griff and the gang were known to hang, to lead everyone in another direction and to more fall guys that had fallen from their graces. i will post again soon on more thoughts. i hope i have not overstepped my bounds and offended yourself or your family in any way. If i did my most sincere apologies. its always been my nature to scream at the top of my lungs if im sure im right and open my trap and say too much when i have an opinion. Godspeed to you and your family.

signed...... I may not always be right , but ...I AINT never wrong

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:17:24 AM
Reply: You're not offending us at all. We appreciate your thoughts and you have given us new things to consider.

part of town part 3

Question: Now look at what part of town the directions were written to... there is a place mentioned that is right down the street??? think that and party the psychic mentioned.you can bet the ranch that the person she saw and the poster earlier thinks it maybe are the same guy. my timeline : one night she goes with whoever to party,(maybe NOT that night or several nights )sees something (or FORCED to see something in line with the news article a poster linked here) something gets said , argument ensues, snow cone gal is offered the cancelled check they found ,says come to my side of town , maybe goes to said above place, which explains SCG\\\'s conflicting statements , maybe goes back to her house when the murder took place , (which in a criminals mind says to me why she changed story to 9:30 because thats the time it happened and the closer she stays to the truth the better, which is why the first time is ALSO correct except she forgot they went to said place and wanted to knock that out of the timeline.)(btw, the cops had a trail of crumbs to her which tells me she was set up to take the fall w /o her knowing.)continued

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:16:53 AM
Reply: The cancelled check was dated several years before Kait's murder. That could not have been a payment for services involved in Kait's case. If the check truly was written to Sharon, (it may not have been -- this could simply be a strange coincidence with a check written to someone else with the same name) -- the most it would prove is that Sharon was involved with the people who ran that chop shop several years before she moved to Albuquerque.

part of town part 2

Question: So heres my personal feel after reading all the info i have. Vietnemeese gang? No way on earth. yes, they had involvment and set it up but thats as far as it goes.The pier one connection might connect "logically" but im sure thats where people may have wanted to lead you. maybe not? just my opinion. theres a couple of things that lead me on a path some recent posters have tried to steer u towards. im sure this has been said to u , but look at the directions in the car...no glass on top? funny how its on top. and where it is . a little to easy to find . like someone just has the directions in their hand while driving AFTER they have been somewhere???? continued

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:14:55 AM
Reply: You're right. No glass on top of the note. We've wondered about that too.

\\\"part of town\\\" is the direction to follow

Question: First, i am sorry for your loss.i found this site googling a friend who just passed.i remember your daughters story at the time was widely reported. i attended the same high school (at a later time) and her memory still burns bright. i Have tried to read a lot of the posts and where i dont belive in the psychic phenomena , i do beleive and trust my 6th sense that god gave to me that i use to read people when i meet them. I have always been a people watcher and can usually come to a pretty close conclusion on who someone is and what they are about in the first 10 minutes. I know u get info from all sorts of people. Im not sure if i can help, but think there is one person who i have not seen come up in all the posts and news i have read. wont say here though and also had a direct involvement with this person around that time, and he that had an involvement with a person stated in the news, but was at different location. also heard stories about said people and said house think prominent attorneys in abq "continued"..

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:11:53 AM
Reply: PLEASE, SEND US THAT INFORMATION BY PRIVATE E-MAIL.

Ecucated Guess

Question: From: N

This scene raises alot of question. My main question is why didn\'t they finish her off they had already shot her twice why not kill her. There was no one to hear the gunshots. They must have pulled the bullets from her body which must have taken a while. The place where she was was planned out. The cops had to be dirty. responding to a crime scene in 40 seconds kinda fast don\'t you think also if she was that close she should have heard something. Dung must have gotten her into something big then developed a conscious my guess is he probaly might have tried to do something which would explain why he was hurt. If he had planned this I don\'t think he would have hurt himself. They had to know where she was. Someone much bigger then dung must be involed with connections to police. This was very careully planned. I\'ll try and get your book and read it. I hope this information is useful too you. But these things I can almost guranttee

1. Dung was not the person who killed her
2. Some if not all the cops were dirty
3. There has to be a reason why they didn\'t finish killing her why shoot someone two times and just stop someone or something must have happened for them to stop
4. Her friend is obviously a part of this somehow that I gurantee

I hope this isn\'t something you don\'t already know

Asked on Sunday, June 01, 2008 at 06:22:21 AM
Reply: I agree with your conclusions.

However, I don't think it would have been possible for the killer(s) to "pull the bullets from her body." They most likely shattered in her head. Which means they had to have been small caliber -- probably 22s. The hole in the car door frame appears to be too large to have been made by a 22. Which would mean that two guns were used.

Don Roberts cntd.

Question: I apologize if you've answered this question already elsewhere on your site or in these posts, but did you try, successfully or unsuccessfully, to talk to Roberts after he was reassigned? What, if anything, did he have to say about his reassignment and your case after that?

Asked on Friday, May 30, 2008 at 12:45:23 PM
Reply: Our P.I. spoke with Det. Roberts after he was reassigned. He advised her to take her questions and concerns to the Cold Case Unit, because he could no longer work on Kait's case. The remaining members of the Cold Case Unit had no interest in Kait's case, the the investigation that Roberts had instigated was dropped.

Wine Cellar

Question: Do you know who owned the Wine Cellar?

Asked on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 05:55:20 PM
Reply: No.

Don Roberts

Question: Hi Lois. I was just wondering what, if anything, has happened since Don Roberts was removed from the Cold Case Unit. Has there been anymore cooperation on the part of APD? Did you ever hear why Mr. Robert's was reassigned?

Asked on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 02:29:42 PM
Reply: When Don Roberts left the APD Cold Case Unit, all investigation of Kait's case came to an abrupt end. This seems strange to us, since Roberts had told our private investigator that a witness had "re-surfaced" with important information. But, once Roberts was gone, so, apparently, was all interest in that witness.

I don't know why Det. Roberts was reassigned.

your apartment in Albuquerque

Question: In your book "Who Killed my Daughter" you mention an apartment you lived in in Albuquerque with a duck pond. Could you tell me which apartment complex that was?

Asked on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 04:38:35 PM
Reply: It was called The Shores. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was on Indian School in the Eubank area.

I AM SO SORRY!

Question: Ms. Duncan-Arquette,

Approximately 8 years ago I worked with students who were so passionate about your books that we decided to complete an authorís study on you. One of my students had the courage to e-mail you with interview questions and you were kind enough to answer each one in detail. I am not sure if you remember or not, but we created a magazine about you and your works, took a class photo, and mailed you a copy for your enjoyment.

I am ashamed to say that even after your kindness; it has taken me this long to read "Who Killed My Daughter?" I literally finished it minutes ago, and felt compelled to write. I am absolutely appalled by the way your case has been handled, and I can only hope and pray that the truth will eventually come out. I admire your strength and courage. Wherever Kait is now, I am sure she is proud of your dedication and vigilance. Your family is very fortunate to have you.

Thank you for your books and for sharing your life so openly.

By the way, did you ever locate Rod (the boyfriend with the bracelet)? Was he able to shed any light on the case? Sorry if this has been asked already!

Asked on Friday, May 23, 2008 at 07:59:10 AM
Reply: I do remember that exchange and reading the magazine you sent me. I was touched by how much they liked my books.

I try to respond to all the kid readers who contact me by e-mail. However, that's often a problem because their parents have blocked incoming e-mail from strangers. The kids don't seem to realize that when they ask for a response.

Thank you for reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? and for caring about us and about Kait.

Dung Nguyen

Question: Some questions about him:

1. Where did he and Kait meet? Did they attend school together?
2. How old is/was he?
3. How long had they been dating?
4. Did Kait ever meet any of his family?

I understand that you won't know the answers to some of these questions, since Kait wasn't living at home.

I remember you mentioned that he is still in NM (at least, the last you had heard).

Asked on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 12:56:56 AM
Reply: 1. Kait and a girlfriend met Dung and his Hispanic friend, Ray Padilla, at the Frontier Restaurant across the street from the University of New Mexico. That was a place where a lot of the college kids hung out, but Dung and Ray were not students.

2. Dung was born March 25, 1963. That would have made him 26 when Kait was shot. (Kait was 18.) We thought he was 22. Kait misrepresented his age to us from the start, because she was not allowed to date anyone that much older.

3. Dung and Kait had been dating for close to two years at the time of her death. They had been living together for about two and a half months.

4. Dung entered the States in 2/27/82 with a sister and her husband. Kait did not know that sister. Dung told Kait that the sister owned an import shop in LA, and when he and Kait went to LA together in March, 1989, Kait expected to stay with that sister. She gave me that alleged sister's address and phone number so we could reach her in an emergency. However, when she got home, she told me that she never did meet the sister and the address Dung and given her (and that she had given us) was for a house where "a bunch of weird men were living." We have since learned that those men were Bao Tran and other men involved in the car wreck scam.

After the shooting, police told us that Dung did not have a sister in California. The sister he came to the States with, Dung Tsi Nguyen, and her husband, Kien Minh Nguyen, lived in Kansas City. Kien Minh Nuguyen claimed injuries in two suspicious wrecks. In one of those he was hit by a stolen car driven by the roommate of the insurance fraud capper, Bao Tran.

People have asked us why, if Kait was angry with Dung and breaking up with him, she never told us about his criminal activities. We assume it was because she knew we would report them to the authorities and was trying to protect him from deportation. At that time he was still under refugee status. According to INS regulations, he was under threat of deportation if he were to be arrested and convicted of committing a crime of moral
erpitute (auto insurace fraud is such a crime.)

Hello Ms. Duncan

Question: I have only read one of your books, Killing Mr. Griffin, and i loved it, im not that much into reading but we are doing author reports and i was picked to find information on you. I have found a lot of intresting facts that make me want to read your books, which isnt like me. The one i'm very intrested in is "Who Killed My Daughter". I'm very sorry to hear that. Your daughter was very beautiful, and no one deserves that. But i just wanted to thank you for being a creative writer and doing the wonderful things you do.

Keep up the good work

Sincerly
your new fan
Ciara

Asked on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 06:53:15 AM
Reply: Keep on reading, Ciara. There are many wonderful authors who are writing for young people. If you tell your school librarian what sort of books you enjoy, he or she will be able to steer you to others that are written on similar subjects or in a similar style.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next