Displaying 4321 - 4340 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 217 of 275)

Advice for other mothers?

Question: Dear Kait’s Mom:
I am so impressed with all you have done and all of your strength. I read so many of your fiction books when I was a girl. My 12-year-old came home the other day and plopped “Who Killed My Daughter?” on my bed and said she had to read it for a school project. I had actually never seen the book but recognized your name immediately with fond memories. I could not believe it was nonfiction. Where had I been during the year you published this book? I had just started college, so I guess I was oblivious. I asked to read the book with my daughter, but after the first chapter, she said it scared her. She asked that I not read it with her anymore because it was “too real” for her to deal with. I continued to read on my own and finished the book in less than two days. I will read this book again with my daughter when she is ready, because it is such a great lesson to teach our daughters not to trust too many people too much. How sad is this world when you must teach them about the “wolves” when all we want as mothers is for our daughters to never know such evilness exists? I am so sorry Kait suffered this. What, if you could with 20/20 hindsight, would you have done differently or taught Kait in her short time with you? What advice can you give mothers? You and Kait seemed so close, and yet, there were so many things going on her life that you didn’t know about at the time. That is what scares me most – how much I kept from my mother and what my daughter will keep from me. Thank you for being a mother who stands up for her children – a mother who does not accept what she’s told when things don’t add up. You are the true heroine of this story.
Teresa

Asked on Sunday, December 30, 2007 at 09:02:47 PM
Reply: Your question is one I have tortured myself with for years. Was there anything we could have done to have prevented this? Possibly so, but I don't know what it would have been We had no reason to suspect that Kait was in danger. She was an honor student. She didn't use drugs. She had never been in trouble with the law. She held down a responsible job after school and on weekends, and her boyfriend -- although he wouldn't have been our choice for her -- seemed totally harmless. And even if that hadn't been the case, it's almost impossible to control what a teenager does when he/she is out of your sight, especially once she graduates and moves into her own apartment.

We have a family tradition of giving each other homemade Christmas gifts. When Kait was twelve, she gave me a book called “My Book About Me.” It was her autobiography. When I read it now, I can see that her dare-devil personality -- self-assured and stubbornly independent -- and her inability to recognize danger, was part of her from birth. It peaked in her adolescence, and I don’t think there’s anything we could have done that would have changed that.

Here are some excerpts from her book:

It all started when I was one year old and my mother took me to the doctor and said, “I’m really worried. My baby is losing weight very rapidly, throwing up and having diarrhea too. What’s wrong?”
“It’s probably just a stage. Bring her in again later if it doesn’t improve.”
“Oh, thank you! Bye!” said my mother.
It didn’t get better; it got worse. By two years old I got so skinny that my mother woke up every hour all night and fed me a bite. Then she would sit by my bed and wait to see if I would keep it in or throw it up. Then, if I didn’t throw it up, I would be praised, and my mother would go back to bed. Then she’d get up again an hour later and feed me another bite.
When I was almost two, a specialist came into town and ran tests on me. He found out I had celiac disease. My mother asked if it was fatal, and he said no. Celiac is a disease where you can’t eat any food containing gluten such as flour, wheat and oats. It makes holes in my intestines. I stayed in the hospital all the time they were doing the tests. One day when I was running around the hospital ward, a little boy locked me in the food room, and I started munching out on everything in sight. A large group formed outside the door and listened to me opening jars and saying, “Yum, yum, yum.” However, nobody had the key except for one janitor who was out of town. I stayed in there for hours, but that was all right. When they finally got me out I was happily asleep on the floor.
.......................................

In second grade, I wasn’t supposed to ride my bike in the street. But I did it anyway and was hit by a car. I was flung onto the sidewalk. I had been with my brother at the time and he ran into the house yelling,”Kate’s been run over!” My mother came running down the stairs so fast you could barely see her and started running down the street. My father started the car, picked my mother up, and drove to the scene of the crime. All I had was a huge cut on my arm, but my bike was dented.
..........................................

In third grade I was over at a friend’s house playing on a swing when I jumped out. I landed on my arm. I went three days in great pain, but I didn’t tell my mother because I wanted her to let me go swimming. On the third day we had a nurse friend over for dinner. She looked at my arm and said it was broken. I was taken to the hospital and it turned out to be broken in three places. I had to wear a cast for the rest of the summer and couldn’t do anything fun.
..........................................

The next summer we went to Mexico and my mother and I went swimming. We were holding hands, jumping waves, when suddenly we were caught in the undertow. My mother told me to swim hard and started shoving me ahead of her toward shore. I did what she said, but we just kept going out farther. Then she started screaming, “Help! Help!” My brother Donnie came out to save us, and my mother screamed, “No, go back!” Some Mexicans brought us in. It was very exciting.
.........................................

My mother is an author and a photographer. My father is an engineer at Sandia Labs. My grownup brothers and sisters are Robin, 28; Kerry, 26; Brett, 22; and Donnie, 15. Robin is a singer and Kerry is an actress. Brett is an engineer and Donnie is a magician and an artist. My relationship with all of them including parents is very good. We are a close family and all love each other very much.
I love my mother because every time I want to go to the flea market she won’t let me go because she thinks there’s creeps there that will hurt me. She loves me a lot!
I love my father because he cares about me. He jokes around a lot. (Sometimes he’s even funny.)
When I grow up I want to be a veterinarian. I love animals and I want to help them get better when they’re hurt or sick. I want to be a vet for exotic animals such as lions, tigers and bears. I want to live in Florida, Michigan and Africa. I look forward to then.

Book on your daughters untimely and unjust death.

Question: I am sorry for your loss and the constant reminder of it due to lack of closure. I hope you and your family will be at peace with this. I am an avid reader of mysteries and have been since a young girl. Occasionally a story won't stop replaying in my head either while awake or asleep. Your story is one, for weeks since finishing the book a question keeps nagging at me. Kaitlyn seemed to have allot on her plate at the time of her demise. A shaky relationship with Dung, his car wreck schemes, and his odd friends hanging out at her apartment, a new relationship with someone connected to the 'Desert Castle', hiding the relationship from Dung and family. Sorry if I am rambling...but that is allot to make time for a casual aquaintenance. I am referring to ‘Susan’.
The question that keeps coming to me is about Susan. Why would she arrange time to be with her (someone you didn't know. Kaitlyn obviously didn't want Dung to know about Susan; maybe Susan is connected to the person who she was newly romantic with, maybe the one who left the flowers?
I think anyone she came in contact with on the night of her death is someone of much interest.
If ever you need help in the Central Florida area please feel free look me up. My father was killed in a foreign country 30 years ago. I am aware of how frustrating it can be to have important questions not only go unanswered but also ignored for lack of importance to the people who are supposed to be finding out answers.
Again, I am sorry for your loss. May God Bless your family this New Year with the gift of peace.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Kerry Hanson
St. Cloud, Florida
407-892-5285

Asked on Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 12:41:42 PM
Reply: Like you, we now feel that Sharon ("Susan") played a far more important part in this scenario than we originally thought.

She, herself, told a private investigator that the police questioned her extensively at the police station the day after Kait's murder, smuggling her in through "an underground tunnel" (which is what they use when they question snitches). There's no report of that second day interview in Kait's case file.

Just as there's no report of APD's second day work up on Kait's car and the photographs taken during that work-up.

What is so incriminating in those particular reports and photographs that someone decided it was necessary to remove them from the case file?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Question: Christmas Blessings to your family. May this coming year bring more information and possibly a solution.

Asked on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 at 06:55:20 AM
Reply: Thank you. We pray for the same.

Hello

Question: I am very sorry for your loss. I love reading your suspensful novels. I am almost finished with reading \"Who Killed My Daughter?\".I hope you find your daughters killer. God Bless You

Caitlin

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 10:24:28 AM
Reply: Thank you, Caitlin. (I wonder why I like your name so much?)

The Desert Castle

Question: Is there any relationship between Castle Huning, S. Fourteenth St. and W. Central Ave., and the 'desert castle' to which you refer? I found an historic photo (c.1910) and wondered if the 'castle' still existed in '89. Thank you.

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:09:21 AM
Reply: There is a place called "Castle Huning" on 16th St. SW. However, it doesn't match the psychics' description. Noreen Renier indicated that it was in the northeast, ("if you drew a clock around where Kait was killed, it would be at about 2 o'clock." I figure that would put it in the foothills of the Sandias. Maybe Sandia Heights or some comparable area.

Christmas Blessings to Lois Duncan and Family

Question: I pray that you have answers, and soon! I send many blessings to you and your family and hope the new year brings peaceful and just resolve. God Bless.

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 12:52:43 AM
Reply: Thank you.

Kait's Case

Question: Hello, I am writing to you because I have a letter that I have written to but I don't have an address to send it to. There is an address that is in your book "Who killed My Daughter"... is it still okay to send it to them? This letter contains some of my personal information that I don't wish to have posted on the internet.

I hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas. I know these times are especially difficult and I pray that you and your family find some sense of pease this holiday season.

From:
Mandy Selz, Bristol, Va

Asked on Sunday, December 23, 2007 at 09:30:56 AM
Reply: If you want to contact us by U.S. mail, you can mail your letter c/o our private investigator and it will be forwarded to us:

The Arquette Family
c/o NIA/NM
PO Box 27187
Albuquerque, NM 87125

To Kait's Family

Question: May God Bless you all! I hope Santa brings you answers to your daughter's case! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, and a very Merry Christmas! You all are in my prayers.

Asked on Friday, December 14, 2007 at 04:10:06 PM
Reply: Thank you. I wish the same to you and to all the others who care about us and about Kait.

Coincidence?

Question: You ask: Can all this really be coincidence?

Of course not. But she had to know something big, and just seeing the wrong people at the wrong place doesn't seem serious enough to risk killing a white middle-class teenager in a supposed "drive-by". What Kait could reveal must have been very serious because if she were to just tell you or others I wonder if there was someone at her job who could be linked by following drugs and drug money to someone with a great deal to lose. Or did she see a murder or other violent act? What is it that she wouldn't be silenced about? and were these other people aware of the same thing?

Asked on Friday, December 14, 2007 at 01:24:02 PM
Reply: You are doing an excellent job of putting things into perspective. Thank you.

As you ask: "What could she have known?" That's the bottom line.

Personally, I can't believe that she witnessed a murder. Kait hated violence and had never been exposed to it. I believe that seeing something that inconceivably horrifying to her would have caused her to immediately reveal it to SOMEBODY. She was not alone in the world. If she didn't trust APD, she would have taken that information to her parents or to a trusted friend or sibling for advice about what to do. She never would have sat on something that terrible.

The consensus from our family, (parents and siblings) is, of course, pure speculation. But, individually, we've decided that the most probable cause for her murder is her discovery of heroin from the Orient being imported by UPS via Pier Imports, (where Kait worked). Please, all of you who are reading this -- click on enough links involving "Motives" to get you to that information.

If, as seems possible, members of Dung Nguyen's criminal group were intercepting heroin on the loading dock, WHAT WERE THEY DOING WITH IT?

We have no information to indicate that they were selling it on street corners. Apparently, the people who received it were middlemen, passing it on to the big time dealers and distributors.

In 1989, who, in Albuquerque, was involved in dealing heroin? And was that person/organization/gang linked in any way to a political VIP who was in a position to be in control of such an operation?

Somebody out there -- who is innocent in all ways and totally uninvolved in Kait's case, but knows things we don't know -- may be able to supply answers. I'm reaching out to that person -- Please contact us. Either on this message board or by personal e-mail. We promise to protect your identity.

Just wanted to say

Question: WOW this book hit the heart to say the least. im so sorry for your loss, and through your book she has become my loss. she seemed a very kind, beautiful young lady. i simply cannot imagine what you most have gone through, and still are going through. what came as the biggest shock to me was the police involvment, thats just crazy! has FBI gotten in touch with you ever sense the book was let out. Also, what about kaits "secret" lover, the one with the bracelet. has he been of any influnece in the case? good for you for writing this book. good for you to keep on going when all hope seemed lost. good for you for standing strong! you are truley a role model!

- a young reader

Asked on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 12:23:10 PM
Reply: The FBI want nothing to do with this case.

Yes, Kait's secret second boyfriend -- the one with the bracelet -- did get in touch with us. He was not the person who took her to "The Desert Castle." However, he did have some meaningful information to share with us.

By the way..

Question: Kait was a beautiful young lady!!

Dana

Asked on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 05:49:09 AM
Reply: We thought so.

why on earth ..

Question: do the police want to cover up the information you have uncovered? I am only half way through your book and I can see the cover-up. It angers me to read how the investigators treated you. Very unsympathetic. Good for you for writing your book, these investigators need to be exposed equally as much as the killers.

Reading your book has given me strength for dealing with traumatic emotional events. I have not experienced the loss of a child but I have (like everyone) experienced deep emotional pain.

You are a role model for many people.

Sincerely,

Dana

Asked on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 05:38:30 AM
Reply: Thank you for your encouragement.

Like anything else

Question: It's so silly to say, "I'm sorry" to you. You've had that thrown at you for years. Your daughter stands for every other girl who's been murdered, and her case unsolved. Do you still think about her a lot? Can you honestly live, and be over it? Everyone says you can, but is it the truth?

One day you'll figure it out- what happened I mean. I have faith in that if anything else. I'm just wish for you and every other hurting person, that it would be sooner than later. You guys deserve to know what happened to her. It's not fair, it just isn't, but I'm sure that phrase has become a mantra in your head as with many. But in sincereness, I hope you find out soon.

Asked on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 12:11:15 AM
Reply: Yes, I do still think about her everyday. (When new acquaintances ask me how manya children I have, I automatically say, "five," for Kait is still as much my child today as she was before she was shot.)

But, along with Kait, I am also obsessed with the other homicide victims whose cases have been, for one reason or another, covered up by the authorities. You can read about some of those on our Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.arquettes.com.

A number of those Albuquerque victims -- including Peter Klunck, Steve Haar, and Ramona Duran -- appear to have been killed for the same reason Kait was. They knew too much about illegal activities in Albuquerque that were being protected by certain members of Law Enforcement.

Peter Klunck, who was shot to death by APD Officer Matt Griffin, (the "Ninja Bandit")six months before Kait was killed, did off the books work at that auto body shop on Arno where the VW bug fled after leaving the scene of Kait's murder. Steve Haar was a friend of Peter's, and shortly before his own murder, attempted to phone our private investigator but could not reach her. Steve was living at the same address as Adrian Apodaca, Kait and Dung's next door neighbor, who told police he saw Kait followed that night by a VW bug.

Can all this really be coincidence?

Your biggest fan

Question: I read Gift of Magic for the first time when I was 10 (20 years ago). After that, I read every book of yours I could find. When I came across "Who Killed My Daughter?" I had already graduated college. I have now read it 3 times and have tried to keep updated on your daughter's murder online. I just wanted you to know how much you influenced my childhood and teenage interests. I have a great interest in the paranormal even today, but much like yourself, I am a skeptic. I wish only the best for you and your family. I can't wait to read your latest book.

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 06:46:06 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind wishes. It's amazing to me that books that I wrote so long ago -- like A GIFT OF MAGIC -- are still in print and as popular today as they ever were. I never would have expected that.

info behind

Question: i got so many questions and theories but i feel like I am taking up your time i want to send my condolences to you i have only recently read your book and i was crying the whole time because it's really sad that she got killed when she had her whole life ahead of her i wonder maybe as you say if she was going to come out with whatever was going on and that's why she got killed and you said she's really smart, than maybe she did leave some info behind where only you can find it if you think! may she rest in peace and have you gone those another psychic if not i think you should. by the way was there ever any fingerprints or anything found because with all the evidence you had about Merriman, Wallace i really think they were a big part of it and they were cleaning up evidence. did you ever get to see your daughters cell phone records of the day she died if not how come? she is family shouldn't you have a right to them and all the evidence.

p.s. since the case is old and unsolved you can't put it on and certain show how about going on a talk show like oprah, Tyra, Martha, or montel.

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 05:41:05 PM
Reply: According to police reports, there were no fingerprints in the car. None at all. Even Kait's. And the car was disposed of long before we suspected a cover-up, so we didn't have it examined by an outside expert. Now, of course, we with we had.

Kait didn't have a cell phone. Nobody did in 1989.

I'm afraid that people can't simply "go on" a nationalal talk show. They have to be invited. I was on a number of talk shows when my book came out, but Kait's case is now "old news".

Your Book Who Killed My Daughter

Question: Well I definitely do thinks there is a lot of covering up here. i read the possible intimidated witnesses and I find it quite odd that Sharon will not sign a permit to allow the release of the emergency room report, that\'s weird because if she truly had nothing to hide she wouldn't care if you saw it. I think she knows more than she's telling you. It's also weird that the evening of Kait’s funeral Dung Nguyen was stabbed in the abdomen in the room of one of the men who were his alibis for the night of the shooting. maybe he was going to \"snitch\" and that roommate cut him and or maybe they where covering up for each other. even weirder that Ray Padilla one of Dung’s close friend (drug supplier) had his wrist slashed. By who? Elena Chavez and Kathy Sanchez, who were with him when his wrist was slashed had their own arms and wrists slashed. i believe somebody slashed for them and to hush them up or maybe to hush ray up and then his friends were there so he or she had to hush them up to.
also Robert Garcia, I think he was drugged and the person that drugged him is the one that dragged him into the ally by the way if he was in prison at the time of shooting who said that he was a witness to the shooting?

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 05:39:30 PM
Reply: I also find it odd that two of the possibly intimidated witnesses, who allegedly attempted suicide, were stabbed (Dung) and shot (Miguel Garcia) in the abdomin.

That's not a normal way to commit suicide. People who intend to kill themselves with a knife slit their wrists. People who intend to kill themselves with a gun, shoot themselves in the head or, possibly, the heart.

hi

Question: I read your book "who killed my daughter" and it was very moving..i'm only 15 but i really feel for you..i hope you guys can get to the bottom of it.

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 01:42:54 PM
Reply: Thank you.

my opinion

Question: I think that Dung might have been in the car and tried to stop the shooter from shooting and that is why there is one missed shot in the side of her car. Then someone else in the car stopped him while the shooter shot the other two shots. That is why he did not want to say who did it because he was afraid for his life. And maybe hte VW made her crash and then someone shot her. Please give me your opinion because I might be able to come up with what really happened. I cant promise

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 01:41:17 PM
Reply: That's a legitimate speculation.

TIP of the day 2007 Dec. 2 Sunday.

Question:

____________________________________________________
With Google, you can use " " around
whatever terms you feel works. with the search engine.
with me it's always,
dirty cop terrorists
with "police powers"
or some combination thereof.
___________________________________________--
after you "google" a term,
you can adjust the number of questions displayed,
for example, 20, 50, 100, all.......
_____________________________________________-
then your posting on www.realcrimes.com/kait/
should be pretty easy to spot.
___________________________________________
as for the blog "eye on Albuquerque" anonymous
cops not being fearful of fellow snitching cops
betraying their IDs or tactics, I say to

those cops: you should be afraid, because
a time is coming where cops will be RFID\'d
a la ONSTAR-like technology because it is quite
plain, that a cop's word, a cop report is worth
very, very little. In this day and age.
________________________________________________--
I read in a newspaper, that Arkansas is one of 50 states,
that AUTOMATICALLy autopsies people who die in
nursing homes. Along this line of thought,
cops need to be video'd 100%. cops deal with
life and death. one cop might die in a year,
whereas in L.A. County, unarmed private, citizens
die at the hands of cops, maybe on the low side
TWO a month. ENOUGH said.
_______________________________________________--
fight back------that is life.
__________________________________ Sunday. Dec. 2, 2007

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 01:15:15 PM

timeline?

Question: is there a place where i can find a timeline on what went on during and after she was killed, i need if for a project. thanks

Asked on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM
Reply: We've tried to construct a timeline, but it's impossible, because people give different accounts of when things happened. The only thing we know for sure is that Kait left our home at approximately 6:15 p.m., (we were watching the first segment of "Sixty Minutes"), telling us that she was going to Sharon's house for 6:30 dinner. What happened after that, we have no way of knowing.

Despite the fact that we gave the police that information, Det. Gallegos's report says that Kait ate dinner at our house and then went to Sharon's.

Sharon first told police that Kait arrived at her house at 9:30 p.m. and they "sat around talking for a while." Then, after my book came out and I quoted that information, she phoned me to insist that Kait got to her house at 7 p.m., coming there straight from a 5 p.m. movie.

We know that's impossible, since Kait was at our house until 6:15 p.m.

Sharon told police that Kait spent most of the day studying at the library. She told other people that she and Kait spent the afternoon shopping together at Pier One Imports.

She told police that Kait left her home at 10:45 p.m. There's no way to verify that that's true.

The police report says Det. Merriman found Kait shot in her car at 11:00 p.m. Then Officer Mary Ann Wallace was dispatched to the scene and arrived at 11:02 p.m. To arrive within two minutes would seem to indicate that she was already there.

Police reports state that the Albuquerque Fire Dept. Rescue unit arrived at the scene at 11:06 p.m. and transported Kait to the hospital. But according to hospital records, it was the Albuquerque Ambulance Service, not the Fire Department, that transported Kait to the hospital. That means the Ambulance Service must have gotten to the scene between 11:02 (when Wallace got there) and 11:06 (when the Fire Dept. got there). And the medics with the Ambulance Service say that, when they got to the scene, there were no cops there. Where did Merriman and Wallace go? Does the fact that Merriman was not at the scene when the Ambulance Service came account for the fact that he identified a different ER team as the people who transported Kait?

How can anyone create a legitimate timeline when all of the statements conflict?

Answered by: Kait' Mom

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next