Displaying 4301 - 4320 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 216 of 276)

Kind of starts to tie things together

Question: PART I: I heard about the book about Kait a few days ago from a friend. I then searched on the 'Net and found the sites about Kait. After reading about APD and this case, some of the things I was told in the '90's have started to make more sense. My son (God rest his soul) was very involved in the Albuquerque drug scene in the 1990's. He told me that Bob Schwartz, the former DA in this area, was heavily involved in drugs, specifically cocaine. My son also told me Dave Garduno (of the Garduno restaurant family) was also heavily involved in drugs. I was also told last night by a friend that was what he had heard as to why YesterDave's restaurant was closed: because of some drug dealings. At the time my son told me about Bob & Dave I just shut him down and did not listen: how could two highly respected people, people I would consider to be NM VIPs, in our community be involved in stuff like drugs? Now, all these years later, I wish I could tell my son that perhaps there could be something to what he told me, and ask him what else he knew? Also, when I read the psychic's description of the political person at the party, there was only one name that immediately popped into my mind: Manny Aragon. Could it have been Bill Richardson? I doubt it, as he is, in my mind, too politically smart and driven to be involved in stuff like what was described at the castle. Now, Manny...in my opinion he is another story. Granted, these were the stories told me by my drugged out son and possibly could still be false but.....combine those stories with this web site and it makes me wonder....

Asked on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 12:58:27 PM
Reply: I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. From what you say here, he may well have had his finger on the pulse of the New Mexico drug scene. The fact that he would tell you these things would appear to indicate that he was worried about his own safety and felt a need to confide in someone he could trust in case something happened to him (as it did to Peter Klunck, Stephen Haar, Ramona Duran, and others whose cases are described at www.realcrimes.com).

I'd be interested to know the circumstances of your son's death, but it's better that you not post that here, as those facts might inadvertently identify you.

dunggg

Question: howww iss calling someonee (dung) considerded a harassment??

p.s. your amazingg

Asked on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 05:45:04 PM
Reply: According to the police, phoning people who don't want to be in touch with you, or mailing them a reward flyer if they don't want to be reminded about a murder case, is harassment. Even though the reward flyer was mailed to 200 other people as well.

michele

Question: hi tis is a gril in school and read the book i cried and sorry i think she is happy with god she was a nice gril as the book tells me.

Asked on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 07:33:30 AM
Reply: Thank you, Michelle. Yes, Kait was a nice girl. But she was a risk taker. And she took one risk too many.

Cyber Hug

Question: Dear Lois,

I don't so much have a question as I do an expression of heartfelt compassion and sympathy for you and your family. Your strength and perserverance in the ongoing fight for justice in your daughter's murder is admired.

I lived in California during the late 1980's and early 1990's therefore I had no knowledge of this terrible case. As a matter of fact, I only became aware when I read your book two months ago and I must say until that time I fully supported my son wanting to become a member of APD. Now, even he, whom I have discussed this case and your book with, is considering a different approach to law enforcement. It's not my place to say all APD cops are dirty, but the facts in this case, and Lord knows how many others we don't have information on, expose APD for the corrupt and lame excuse of public safety that they are.

Continue to be strong and may you know that another mom in Albuquerque holds you and your family in her heart.

((((*cyber hug*))))

An Albuquerque Mom

Asked on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 08:25:53 AM
Reply: Thank you for the cyber hug. I needed that today.

I'm struggling with how to respond to your concern about your son joining APD. I feel guilty advising against it, because God knows they need more honest, moral officers to make up for the bad ones. The problem is that honest, moral officers are totally under the control of their superiors and can be sucked into a pool of corruption before they know that it's happening, and then they can't get out again.

If this were my son, I would advise him to read the New Mexico cases on the Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.com before making up his mind about this.

Crime Scene Photo

Question: Lois, I thought I had seen a photo of Kaitlyn's car that shows it having hit the pole. The photo was taken from behind the car. Has it been removed from the website?

I think you are one very remarkable woman. I found out about Kaitlyn's story from the interview you did with Todd Matthews on Missing Pieces, and it was an honor to have transcribed your show. Of course I bought a copy of the book and then went back and read ALL the messages here and your kind, appropriate, honest, witty and sharp answers.

Let's hope that justice is just around the corner.

Asked on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 09:35:07 PM
Reply: You're right. Such a photo exists. I assumed it was one of those that is linked to "The Crime Scene" section of this Web site, but now that I've checked, I realize that it isn't. Nothing has been removed from this site, so I wonder where you saw that photo? If you send me an e-mail I'll send it to you as an attachment.

Which means I gave an incorrect answer to the question posted down a ways: " what is that stuff in front of her car in one of the photos?" I said it looked like it might be a piece of the bumper, but I was thinking about the picture that you're referring to. "The stuff" in the photo of her car that is on this Web site is not in front of the car, it's on the street next to the passenger's door. It's blood and vomit and probably brain matter that spilled into the street when medics removed Kait from the car.

white candles

Question: I went to the cemetary monday and there were 4 white votive candles by Kait's grave. That made me wonder if you were in Albuquerque or who burned those candles?

Asked on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 04:04:38 PM
Reply: What a lovely gesture for someone to make!

No, it wasn't one of our family. We all live elsewhere now.

Reading this book has changed a part of me.....

Question: Mrs.Duncan I am sorry for the death of your daughter.But I believe there is hope on finding her killer.While reading your book on my own, me and my fellow class mates were discussing that there is a place that someone goes to after they die.Before they go to heaven or hell, all depending on all of their actions and words they did or said when they were still alive.I believe Kait will stay in that place, know as Elsewhere, untill her killer is found.Since I read your book, 'Who Killed My Daughter', I have thought more about the safety of my family, friends, myself, and the others around me.If there is anything you want to talk about feel free to talk to me about it.I know we don't really know each other, but since I read your book I feel like I've known you for years.Well got to go for now.Untill next time, may my respects and concerns be with you. -Crissa Helton 21517 Highway 16 Okmulgee,Oklahoma 74447

Asked on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 08:51:18 AM
Reply: It's interesting that you and your classmates would discuss that subject. There's no way for anyone to know about that for certain until we leave this earth, but, speaking only for myself, my mind is open to all possibilities.

dunggg

Question: okayy in the hospital dung kept sayingg "im so sorry its all my fault im sorry im sorry".

Do you think he hired someone to kill your beautiful daughter?
OR
Do you think he knows exactly who killed her before it was done?

Why cant you just go and talk some since into him to tell what happened. yall were so close and when he sees how much you miss kait he hopefully will tell

good luck and truly sorry

Asked on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 09:36:38 PM
Reply: I may be wrong, but my personal belief is that Dung did not hire someone to kill Kait and probably didn't realize she was going to be killed.

I believe he got angry with Kait because she would not go along with some criminal activity his group was involved in, and that he complained about her to others involved in that activity, and those OTHERS were behind the shooting.

I have talked to Dung. I have written to him. I have pleaded with him to tell us what he knows. The last time I did that his girlfriend phoned the police and tried to get me arrested for harassment.

What the Heck???

Question: Oh my goodness! If you go to realcrimes.com you will see a bunch of New Mexico crimes and in all of them the police say that the deaths were "accidents"! This isnt fair at all the poice are just slacking off and they seriously need to do some work on these cases! There was a guy who was found dead in an alley with a Veitnamese medallion in his hand and the police didn't even collect it as evidence or report it at all! I think that there is something seriously wrong with the Alberquerqe Police Department.

Asked on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 08:26:12 PM
Reply: The case you refer to is the Nathan Romero case. I hope everybody who reads this post will go to realcrimes.com and scroll down and read the account of that fiasco.

When police refused to investigate the Asian suspects that eye-witnesses had identified, Nathan’s mother hired a PI and performed her own investigation. When she attempted to give her new information to APD, a homicide captain became so furious that he bellowed at the top of his lungs, "'We know who killed your son, just like we know who killed Kait Arquette! This is police business -- butt out!" Nathan’s mother asked the captain why he was connecting those two cases, and according to her he went totally ballistic and yelled at her to keep her mouth shut and forget she’d ever heard him say that.

The detective in charge of the APD investigation of Nathan's case was the same detective who was in charge of the investigation of Kait's case.

I can't believe it

Question: It isn't really a question but, I can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner I wish I could have been there to get those creeps who killed your daughter I would not been afraid to tell the police what happened. I am ashamed that the police did nothing. IT IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!! I hope that some day those creeps who killed your daughter will turn themselves in. Please tell us ASAP if they have found the people who killed your daughter. I am only 13 but I know the police could have and should have done a better job

Asked on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 02:51:47 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring so much. If the police ever make any additional arrests I will MOST DEFINITELY post it here.

KAiT

Question: sorry i have one more ?

has anyone ever left a comment saying they killed kait or had any evidence of anythingg? if so was it true or were they just pulling a prank?

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 09:31:16 PM
Reply: Pranksters post all kinds of stuff. We don't take it seriously unless they contact us directly and can back up their information.

KAiT

Question: i am sorry about everything. like so so so sorry. i am 13 and if my mother or sister died or something like that i could never live with the grief. you are such a wonderful and strong woman.

QUESIONS

1. Why cant you and some police officers just go to dungs housee?

2. Any leads?

3. can you put photos up of her earings or whatever she was wearing on the day she died

4. how are your kids

5. have you had any visions of kait recently

6. what is that stuff in front of her car in one of the photos?

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 09:29:19 PM
Reply: The police did interview Dung both at his apartment and at the police station. I am not able to go to Dung's house because that would be considered harassment and I'd be arrested.

No, I don't have photos of her earrings. Her clothing is in the APD evidence room.

My other "kids" are now adults and involved in building their own lives.

No, I haven't had any recent dreams about Kait.

I don't know for sure what that is in front of Kait's car. Since the car rammed into a post, I assume that's a piece of the fender or the bumper.

LOIS DUNCAN

Question: Mrs. Lois,

you are and inspiaration to all. are you sure that that murderer was not found? he/she needs to come out soon b/c it is makingg me madd hhehe. Anywayss, my librarianss said they met you this year! they said you were very kind and wise woman. i want to be as great as you when i get older. ohh and are you gonna be writing anymore novels?

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 08:34:20 PM
Reply: "Thank you" to you and your librarian. I recently was a speaker at a librarians' convention in Reno, so that's probably the one at which she met me.

At the moment I have no plans to write anymore novels, but who knows? I may change my mind.

i LOVE YOU!

Question: Lois Duncan,
I just started reading who killed my daughter and definatly feel compassion towards you. you are such a strong woman who was the power to achieve anything. your a beyond amazing writer and i am your biggest fan!

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 08:19:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for those kind words.

Lois Duncan

Question: I am a middle school teacher and found your book while browsing the shelves of our school library. It was riveting and I read it straight through (thank goodness for a holiday weekend and a snow day!) I finished it this morning. I wish I had answers to your questions, but I don't. I do, however, feel a connection to you. We are both members of the same horrible club - mother's who have lost children. My son, Jamie, was not murdered. Rather he died in car accident in 2001. Like Kait, he was 18. Tomorrow he would have been 25. It's strange that I found your book at this time. During the week of his birthday, I always seem to go about in a trance-like state, feeling very disconnected. Your references to dreaming about Kait were very comforting and enlightening to me. I didn't dream about Jamie for almost a year after his death. I would kick and scream and beg God to let me see him, even in my dreams. I longed to hold him, smell him, hear his laugh. I needed to know that he was ok. I suppose it was those very emotions that blocked that information. When I finally did dream about him, he always made some comment that I now realize was to comfort me. I know they were direct messages from him. He is ok. I guess I will be, too, someday, and so will you. God bless you, my sister. You and your family will always be in my prayers. I hope you find the answers you so desperately need, and with them comes the comfort that justice has been
done.
Vicki

Asked on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 03:03:11 PM
Reply: My dear Vicki, my heart breaks for you for the loss of your boy. As you know from my book, experiences I had following Kait's death opened my mind to beliefs that were formerly foreign to me. I've had very realistic dreams in which Kait provided new and important information that we'd never known anything about. When I related those messages to our private investigators, they would reluctantly follow up on them and discover to their amazement that the information was accurate.

I think you're right on target in your suspicion that your overwhelming grief and desperate desire for contact with Jamie initially "blocked it." It's as if so much emotional energy is charging out of you that it repells the energy that is trying to come through to you. I've talked to many other mothers of deceased children who have described the same pheonomena. It was only after the intensity of their initial agony lessened slightly that they started experiencing "visitations." Those usually occurred when they were relaxing into a dream state, on the edge of sleep, but not quite there yet.

Lois Duncan

Question: I love your books. When are you going to publish The Tally Keeper? I can't wait to read it. It must be so hard to write about it. I'm glad you had the strength to tell everyone else about it and keep the investigation alive. You are quite an inspiration to me and everyone else who reads your books. Thanks

Asked on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 01:33:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for liking my books. I don't know when The Tally Keeper will be published. I continue to add new material.

To Lois Duncan

Question: Was it hard for you to write this book about your own family and what has happened in the pass? How did you feel about writing your book?

Asked on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 08:36:51 AM
Reply: Strangely enough, I hardly remember writing WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. Right from the first, I'd been keeping a daily journal, to make sure that my grief and numbness would not distort my memories, so I had a factual record of everything that was done or said during that time span. Then, when I realized the police had stopped working on the case and the only way to keep it alive was to write about it, I sat down at my computer and the story fell out of my fingers as if I were taking dictation from some Higher Power. Over the course of my lifetime, I've written 50 books, and this was the only one where the editor never asked me to change a single word.

Question: well my mom had put a thing on here a few days ago and herd about so i had to cheak it out and i had to say thank you your books have mad a difference in my life it has opend a nother side of life to me my faverate book of yours is dont look behind you, that was the first time iv ever put my self in other persons shews when i read its like nothing matters anymore which i know of corse that it all matters but we have so much to live foe but so little time and im sorry about your daughter i hope thay find who did this by the way my mom is the one who went to Del Norti

with love stephanie

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 07:48:53 PM
Reply: Thank you for writing, Stephanie. It's good to know that my young adult novels helped to introduce you to the joy of reading. That makes me feel that my life and career have been worthwhile.

Childhood friend [from: val nye]

Question: Lois,
Finding your website has been comforting. I am one of Kait's friends from Mark Twain and Sandia Prep. We carpooled to Sandia Prep for a while. Until very recently I hadn't realized how much Kait's murder has impacted my life. To have someone my age killed - and the murder left unresolved until this day - it has had ripples in my life. Fear of violence and distrust of others are two things I have identified. Finding your website has reopened this part of my life, and is letting me come to terms with what happened to my life when Kait was killed. So I am selfishly grateful for all of this. I really admire your honesty and your ability to deal with all of these questions from people who have read your book. Your spirit is so generous.

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 11:42:18 AM
Reply: Hello, Val! Thank you for posting. It makes me feel good to hear from Kait's childhood friends. I remember well those car pools, with four little girls giggling and chattering and pestering handsome David Zenner, the only boy in the group.

I'm glad if this Web site has been helpful to you. Kait's murder caused far-reaching emotional damage to a great many people who were suddenly shaken into realizing how fragile life is.

Kait Arquette

Question: I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Kait,it is so tragic! I was just wondering what ever happened to the bastard scumbags who are in question(suspects?) I read about the crimes of the NM police and OMG how the hell did all that go on with so many police,etc? wow! May Kait rest in peace.

Asked on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 09:44:31 AM
Reply: I don't know what's happened to the various suspects. I believe the Hispanic suspects, including Paul Apodaca, who is now out of prison, are still in Albuquerque. The Vietnamese suspects could be anywhere. They tend to be nomads.

As for the police -- the good cops protect the dirty cops. They're all part of the Blue Brotherhood.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next