Displaying 4301 - 4320 of 6013 posts for this case -- (Page 216 of 301)

No Doubt

Question: the connections that everyone contributing to Kait's site have made, are spot on . no doubt in my mind. After researching the brilliant posts a few below me, i've read some very interesting stuff. These guys have been involved in pretty much Everything since that night and before. I mean EVERYTHING. I am blown away on how deep and far it goes. Second chance drug rehabilitation center is just 1 small example. on how u have to really dig to find out who the "players behind the curtain" really are.

Asked on Sunday, December 06, 2009 at 11:59:24 PM
Reply: Excellent comment.

And people, at upper and lower levels, was so entwined with everyone else, that it makes it almost impossible to know the true catalyst for Kait's murder. Which of these many activities and important players was she getting ready to blow the whistle on, on the night she broke up with Dung and, hour later, was shot?

Drug raid yields arrests, buried cash

Question: Feds target Los Padillas Gang
www.krqe.com/ dpp/news/ crime/ drug raid yields arrests buried cash

Since Manny's gone , little by little, brick by brick -- "And the wall! Comes tumbelin down. And the wall. Comes Rumbelin', Tumbelin', Crumbilen' , Tumbelin' DOOOWWNN.."

Asked on Sunday, December 06, 2009 at 11:46:39 PM
Reply: For those who aren't aware of it, Manny Aragon was a partner in a construction business with Jerry Padilla Sr,, the patriarch of Los Padillas. JP Sr. was a 3-time convicted heroin dealer. On the year of Kait's murder, he was sentenced to 96 months in federal prison, and control of the gang was turned over to his son, Jerry Padilla Jr., and other family members.

THE STAR

Question: This is a poem I wrote for Kait, for Christmas 1989.

Asked on Saturday, December 05, 2009 at 09:22:57 AM
Reply: THE FIRST CHRISTMAS WITHOUT HER

When I was young they used to tell
About a star that shone one night.
It led the Shepherds from their fields
And filled their paths with crystal light.

I loved the tale when I was small,
But now I am a woman grown.
I have walked far on lonely trails
And groped through darkness of my own.

I've learned, I hope, to brave the dark,
Yet sometimes still, when God seems far,
The house is still, the world's asleep,
And night is long and cold and deep
I like to think about the star.

cc: Lois Duncan, 1989

Who killed my Daughter?

Question: We are reading your book, Who Killed my Daughter? in our cont. lit. class and i am truely sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter. we have very heated arguements about what happened and we are all very annoyed and angry with the outcome so far. I seriously hope that you find out who did it and i also hope that every single person that is involved gets in a lot of trouble, even as far as a life sentence. No one deserves to have this happen to them. Sorry for your loss.

~Katie Metcalf~

Asked on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 at 01:27:09 PM
Reply: Thank you, Katie. And please thank your teacher for introducing her students to Kait's story.

Kait

Question: i believe in my heart that the police did have some part in this horrifying plot. and i also want to say that who ever does no the killers name to please come forward and not to be afraid of telling the truth. a really good person got killed for something that she new and if whoever nos who did it and its covering up then thier might as will be accomplices too no matter if their scared. have a heart and tell the truth!!!

Asked on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 at 11:39:43 AM
Reply: There are people who DO know. And we want to reassure them that, if they contact us by private e-mail by using the contact link on Kait's home page, we will not reveal their identities without their permission. I promise that on Kait's name.

Kait

Question: We're reading your book, Who Killed My Daughter, in class and I'm truly sorry. I despise the fact that the police covered and are still covering up her murder. Anyone with a brain can realize that it wasn't a random shooting. Especially all the evidence you've recovered. Is is possible that that first guy on the scene removed the bullets? I'm sure you've already considered that though. I sincerly hope Kait and your family get the justice you all deserve.

Rachal Davidson

Asked on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 at 03:47:14 PM
Reply: No, it's not physically possible for anyone to have removed the bullets from Kait's head. They must have been very small caliber, so they shattered in her head, after being weakened by going through the glass of the car window.

What IS possible, however, is that somebody recovered from the car the bullet that went through the hole in the car door frame and saw to it that that bullet was not placed into evidence. Look at the size of that hole. That wasn't made by a small caliber bullet. If a bullet of a larger caliber had been found in the car, that would mean that two different guns were used. Which would indicate that the shooting was NOT random.

im so sorry

Question: hi my name is marissa and im a huge fan of your book lois duncan. they are all i will read. i never relized that u had such a tragety happen to yo and your family, i send my condolences for you and i hope that one day u can find out the truth about what happend to your daughter.

i would like to know how you and your family deal with the fact that your beutiful daughter has been killed?

Asked on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 at 11:37:05 AM
Reply: When they're offered no choice, people deal with what they have to deal with. Thank you for caring.

EX-OFFICER COSTALES AWARDED $662,000

Question: Albq. Journal: Retaliating against an officer who spoke out against perceived misconduct by sheriff's deputies will cost the city of Albuquerque close to $1 million.
A federal jury in Santa Fe awarded $662,000 Wednesday to a former Albuquerque police officer who claimed management action and inaction hounded him off the force after 23 years because he breached the "blue wall of silence" about police misconduct.
"This is a great victory for me and all police officers," Costales said after the verdict was returned late Wednesday. "Maybe officers won't be afraid to come forward now. This is one small step in a big process."

Asked on Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 07:44:16 AM
Reply: "One small step for mankind!" Hooray for Officer Costales!

Happy Thanksgiving

Question: Wishing your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

Asked on Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 04:48:59 AM
Reply: Thank you.

APD

Question: Albq. Journal, 11-21-09: EX-COP DESCRIBES THE BLUE WALL: As a sworn Albuquerque Police Department officer for two decades, Sam Costales said he saw dozens of instances of police misconduct but never saw anyone reported for it, nor did he see any officer written up for failing to report the misdeeds, despite official policy requiring it.

"So long as you stayed behind the 'blue wall of silence,' nothing happened to you?" his attorney Randi McGinn asked Costales on Friday during testimony in Costales' civil lawsuit against APD and its once and future police chief Ray Schultz.
"Yes," he said.
Costales spent most of the day testifying in federal court on his claims of defamation and that retaliation by management ultimately forced him to quit. The lawsuit also named Sheriff Darren White and police union official James Badway, but claims against them have been settled. Costales said he became fearful, started vomiting regularly and that his blood pressure soared. He began seeing a psychologist. But he said he kept working because he'd promised his daughter he would help pay for her to attend private college.

Asked on Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 10:01:14 AM
Reply: Ex-officer Costales is a perfect example of how basically good men, who became police officers for all the right reasons, become the victims of their own departments.

Lt. Patrick Dunworth

Question: I was wondering about other homicides in that 'era', espeially young women, and guess whose name showed up? Lt. Dunworth. http://officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com/
showthread.php?p=49753

Asked on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 05:33:22 AM
Reply: Patrick Dunworth headed the violent Crimes Unit in 1990, so it's to be expected that his name would be linked to many cases.

Police Oversight

Question: The City did finally set up a police oversight commission in 1996 separate from APD Internal Affairs. Even tho it has been a long time, did you or anyone ever file a complaint about the unusual officer activity at the crime scene?

Asked on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 09:37:06 PM
Reply: There would be nothing to gain by that. The Police Oversight Commission, though fine in theory, lacks teeth. They can't obtain information about police transgressions because APD is not obligated to turn over their reports. Although citizens can appeal to the commission, the police chief does not have to act on the commission's recommendations. According to an article in the Albq. Journal, no officer named in a citizen complaint has ever shown up for a hearing.

"We have been stonewalled," the commission chairman told reporters.

Joe Monahan blog...

Question: Joe is a respected newsman.

He says in his blog "Longtimers will recall that Manny Aragon served with then Mayor Schultz as a top city attorney when Schultz manned ABQ City Hall from 1985-89. In fact, Aragon became a focal point in Schultz's unsuccessful bid for re-election as he faced criticism of the state senator's dual role."

So, yes. MA WAS city attorney in 1989! And Ken Schultz was in office then -- also toppled by his own corruption charges lately.

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 08:12:24 PM
Reply: From what I've been told, Ken Schultz was Mayor from 12/01/84 through 11/30/88. Schultz tried to appoint Manny Aragon as the City Attorney, but Manny couldn't pass the APD Intelligence clearance due to possible links to the contra-arms trade. So
Schultz made Manny Aragon the top city attorney by creating a new contract position called City Attorney-of-Counsel.

So, if the APD legal department structurally existed back then, one would surmise that it would have been accountable, ultimately, to Manny Aragon.

wallace and the chief?

Question: Previously it was posted: "Among those officers at the scene whose names were omitted were field officer, Sgt. John Gallegos,(who later served as supervisor of the APD Internal Affairs Unit until he was arrested for burglarizing a liquor store while on duty) and Alex Marentas, also a field officer and allegedly the boyfriend of Officer Mary Ann Wallace, the first officer dispatched to the scene."

However, Bernco.gov clerk records has gilbert d. gallegos (former chief of police had same name...hmmm) as a property partner with Mariann Wallace. I'm no realtor, but it seems like a lot of realty.
Release
Rec Date: 09/14/ 1994 02:34:00 PM BookPage: B: 0000 P: 4875
Grantor: KNAPICK PAMIE L
Grantee: GALLEGOS GILBERT D,
WALLACE MARIANN
Legal: LT13 BLK5 MONTANO W SUB

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 08:02:49 PM
Reply: We mustn't jump to conclusions. Both Gilbert Gallegos and Mary Ann (Mariann) Wallace are common names

from apd to unm

Question: Ofcr. Wallace is known both as mary ann AND mariann. From the metrocourt pages and UNM directory, it looks like she is now 'protecting' young people at UNM. God help them.

according to the Bernco.gov clerk public records a
"Mary Ann Wallace" mortgaged a house in the Kirtland addition for BC Bonding (a bail company!) in October of 1984.

What is HIGHLY curious to me is that the mortgage hold was RELEASED July 25, 1989. This is exactly two weeks after precious Kait died.

IF it is our ofcr. wallace, either the person on bail had a court incident where some judge freed the hold or it became very convenient that her finances had a boost that let her pay off the hold.

Mortgage
1984076470
Rec Date: 10/05/1984 08:46:00 AM BookPage: B: 0000 P: 0672
Grantor: WALLACE MARY ANN
Grantee: B C BONDING CO INC
Release
1989064493
Rec Date: 07/25/1989
01:24:00 PM BookPage: B: 0 P: 280
Related: Number of Pages: 1
Grantor: B C BONDING CO INC
Grantee: WALLACE MARY ANN
Notes: Legal: LT6 BLK D KIRTLAND ADD NO2 (There's yet another release in 1990)
Notes: Legal: LT6 BLK D KIRTLAND ADD #2
Purchase

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 07:34:39 PM
Reply: Wow! We've got a real detective posting here!

web address

Question: I found the 'eye' blog here:http://eyeonalbuquerque.blogspot.com/2008/08/progress.html

ByTheWay -- we used to go up into the foothills to park in the '80s. The kids called the area "Mafia Hill".

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 07:14:49 PM
Reply: Thanks. I found it.

wallace pt 2

Question: So after I read the report, which I still have a copy, Mary Ann Wallace stated that she called and left a message on the answering machine for the best friend of the offender, and that he was not interviewed because he never returned the phone call. Are you kidding me? She should have hunted the kid down and interviewed him and before he had a chance to get with the offender to discuss what their story was going to be. But because the kid with a criminal record knew she wasn\'t leaving her office, he never called back. The case was looked at by another agency and they did some follow up and tried to put the case back together as best they could.
The ADA was looking at the case and told me the chances were slim because of the case prepared by Wallace, the ADA then looked at me and said,\" Mary Ann Wallace isn\'t the sharpest tool in the shed.\" So the case went no where. I know it was because Mary Ann treated at another teenage daughter who just got caught and tried to get out of it. But I am an investigator too and I know the right So me being a cop and getting,\"The treatment\" I would hate to see what the non-treatment is. And as for the offender.... I won\'t be bound by the S.O.P. and conduct unbecoming when I retire :)

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 02:09:45 PM
Reply: I hope this cop retires soon and is no longer bound by SOP (whatever that is). And I hope he gets in touch with us to share his info about Officer Wallace. If anyone here knows who that person is, please steer him to this Web site.

[strong language] unsharp tool - wallace

Question: from the Blog eye on albuquerque
August 29, 2008
Anonymous said...
...Only it involves my teenage daughter. An older male subject offered her alcohol and her mistake she took it, but he kept on giving it to her. ...
I am in Law Enforcement and knew what had happened. I was working when I got the call and rushed to the emergency room. Upon my arrival, I found her in a room and she was out of it! I asked the nurse if they were going to do a rape kit and as out of it as my daughter was, she looked up and said,\"You don\'t think he???\" \" Yes, I Do!\" So I took her to SANE and they conducted their exam. The nurse found a piece of a torn condom and contusions that showed her legs were flat and on her back when the offender raped her. The Field officers went to the park and found the offender who had returned, when they asked him if he knew my daughter, this kid tells the Officer,\" Yeah, I boned her.\"
The Detective, who I will name because she is worthless was Mary Ann Wallace. She assured me that everything possible would be done. She told me,\" It\'s a good thing your a cop or you would\'nt be getting this treatment.\" I was hopeful that it would go our way. My daughter gave her statement and it was your typical, well I liked him, I accepted Alcohol and I was not the perfect Angel, But it never changed the fact that he got my daughter so drunk, she could not say no or did she know what he was doing.

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 02:09:04 PM
Reply: I'm unable to find this post -- which is, of course, of great interest to us -- because when I call up the eye on Albuquerque blog for August 2008, there is no entry for Aug. 29. It must have been shoved over to a different page. Please check again where you found it and let us know, either here or by private e-mail.

article

Question: This was interesting. I never paid ttention enuf to remember he was the city attorney in1989. http://findarticles.com/p/ articles/mi_m5092/is_n1_v14/ai_8339239/

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 12:58:42 PM
Reply: Was he really City Attorney at the time of Kait's murder?

In that article it says he was dropped as a candidate for city attorney when police intelligence files claimed in 1986 he was allegedly involved in the arms-for-drugs trade in Nicaragua

KAIT'S PHOTO ALBUM

Question: NEWLY ADDED BY KAIT'S FATHER: Go back to the home page, scroll to the bottom, and click on a link to a photo album. I think this will "bring Kait alive" to many people who think of her only as a corpse.

Hold the curser over the photo to read the captions, which tell the story of Kait's life.

Don Arquette (Kait's Dad)

Asked on Sunday, November 08, 2009 at 04:58:29 PM

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 next