Displaying 4261 - 4280 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 214 of 276)

Bob Schwartz's comment

Question: Thanks for posting the comments of the DA who handled Kait's case. What he said is despicable and all too representative of the way the so-called "public servants" in Albuquerque handled her case.

Asked on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 08:05:57 PM
Reply: I, too, was stunned when I read that article. Because I had hoped, after appearing on that show with me, Bob would become our friend and supporter.

Anything new?

Question: Hi...My name is Brittany and I'm a senior in High School...I Just finished reading your book Who Kill My Daughter? I found it very moving, upseting, and a mysterious story...It is a very sad story...When I Graduate I plan to go to school to become a crime scene investigator...Nothing really adds up in the story...I know it happened 18 years ago because thats the year I was born...I read the story...Some of it over and over again...&& I still am very confused about who could have done this...&& I don't understand at all why the cops didnt try harder or follow up on the case...Do you think they may be hiding or have leads on the case that they haven't let you know about? I know you've tried psyhics but have you ever thought about looking into to trying to see Sylvia Brown? I mean its worth a shot...Anything that could help would be wonderful...&& I know its been 18 years and I hope and pray to God you have found who done this to your beautiful daughter...So have you found the real killer? Or have any new leads on the case?

Asked on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 04:17:10 PM
Reply: Hi, Brittany. It's nice to hear from a decent and caring young woman who is motivated into going into police work. I wish you well.

Having already consulted with top-notch psychic detectives, who are well-respected by law enforcement, we have no desire to contact Sylvia Browne.

Manny Aragon

Question: I don't know if you're aware of this, but ever since Manny was indicted for extortion, money laundering, mail frau, etc. He has kept a very low profile here in ABQ. What baffles me is that nothing has been done since, nothing in the newspapers or T.V. news. Now what does that tell you? To me it says Manny has clamped down on all his underlings. Not to mention Bob Schwartz was just appointed a judge in the Second Judicial District here in ABQ. If anyone besides Manny Aragon is a thug, it is Bob Schwartz.

Asked on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 02:49:30 PM
Reply: Bob Schwartz was District Attorney when Kait was killed. If you have information about him that we don't know (which would be almost anything), we would like to hear from you, either on this message board or by private e-mail.

He dropped charges against the Hispanic suspects in Kait's casse because he said, "There’s been some erosion in the state’s case … and then there seemed to be this other angle while the state’s case was dwindling.” He said the new angle was “the emergence of these other facts regarding her association with this group of Vietnamese.” Then the investigation ended. According to APD, the case was closed.

When I wrote my book WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? and appeared on "Larry King Live," Bob was on the show with me. This is an excerpt from the Albuquerque Tribune about that interview:

MY 15 MINUTES OF FAME PAID WELL, DA SCHWARTZ SAYS

Bernalillo County District Attorney Bob Schwartz gets the "Working Smarter" award of the year.
"I've never been paid so well for 15 minutes of work," Schwartz joked of his appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" show.
King invited Schwartz and Albuquerque author Lois Duncan to discuss the 1989 murder of Duncan's 18-year-old daughter, Kaitlyn Arquette.
"Ordinarily I work real cheap," Schwartz said, laughing. His salary is $67,500 a year, which he says breaks down to an hourly salary in the upper $30s or low $40s. Of course, Schwartz said, he didn't actually get paid to be on the show. But all his expenses were covered, including his plane ticket, cab fare, and two nights in the Bellevue Hotel on Capitol Hill ...
As a bonus, publicity-savvy Schwartz gained international exposure.
In an impromptu phone interview last week, Schwartz reiterated that he didn't do the show for political or campaign reasons.
"But did I mind the exposure? Of course not. I hope it comes in handy. You never know."

Thoughts and Prayers

Question: I was only 15 when I originally read your book Who Killed My Daughter. It saddens me that 15 years after I read this book you are still searching for the truth. My prayers and thoughts remain with you and your family and I pray one day justice will be served for Kait. Your courage and determination are an example to all who are searching for truths regarding the deaths of a loved one. - A

Asked on Sunday, March 02, 2008 at 11:22:08 AM
Reply: Thank you. And bless you in what I gather from this post is your own personal search for answers about a loved one.

just a thought

Question: Glad to see the posting below that says you got new information several days ago. It is hard to wait, but the truth will come out because you have never stopped looking for it.

Through another website, I found the realcrimes pages for the Diana Harris and Tom Stump cases in Florida--another horrible example of how corruption and influence not only prevented justice in Harris's case but probably cost Tom Stump his life. But looking at that case (after spending last night watching Dateline and Primetime "true crime" stories got me to thinking. With the advent of cable media, I think there is a market for a cable series that would focus on unsolved cases--and not shy away from the political implications.

Asked on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 05:39:49 PM
Reply: Yes, the Tom Stump and Diana Harris cases are horrifying, since they seem to be linked by all the same people (several of them felons) who were involved with both missing persons. And no one in law enforcement will consider that possible connection? I hope everyone reading this message board will go to the Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com and scroll down to the those two cases. You're going to be blown away by what's going on in the florida Keys.

I don't know much about current trends in cable TV. I do know that most major shows like Dateline won't do a story on an unsolved homicide unless the police who "own" that case are willing to cooperate. In Kait's case, APD does not want any further case exposure.

This was a Mafia Execution

Question: The way the story read in your book suggestions the mob not only wanted to silence Kate up as a "leak" to their "drug" racket, but to send a signal. Mafia tactics run this way. To track down the victom and then, use this "any last words" ritual to perofrm an execution that will not only show the victom they mean business, but ANY OTHERS ARROUND AT THE TIME OF KATE"S SHOOTING.

My father, The late Leo Michael John Kappler, JR. (AKA Kelly Kappler) worked for many law offices as a criminal and personal injury attorney who wittness police officers being paid of for over looking crimes like this in Chicago, Il. As well as currupt office who are into the mob silencing people as an executionor/hit man. Yes I do believe Dung was a wittness to her death as many members are forced to be part of the executions as the mOfia is VERY ORGANIZEd AND STRICT IN ITS ETHICS OF POWER and the TRANSFER of SUCH POWER.

So the reason why there were no other wittnesses when the paramedics shwoed at her shooting scene was someone listened to what they were told and timed the 911 call after the Ganag had cleared out. And all the "Lose ends tied up."

It is what I learned about when dad was studying a guy by the last name Of Reno. A Big time execution of a mAfia hit man who was "fencing funds" from his "family." He was later executed for stealing Mafia funds.

Like extortion

I hope some of this is helpful, I think you are a sweet person and deserve all the input you can get from anyone who might be able to shed the light on how this system works, or at least back up what you already know.

Sincerely,

Kevin Michael Kappler, Elmhurst, Il. 60126

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 06:51:58 PM
Reply: Thank you for your take on this situation. You've given us a lot to think about. Especially since psychic Betty Muench said that one of the people involved in Kait's murder went "northeast in the direction of Chicago."

Dear Mrs.Duncan,

Question: I must say that when I read your book, I was so intruiged. I couldn't put the book down. Although it has been a while since then, I still would like to wish the best to you and your family.[:

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 03:43:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for reading the book and for continuing to think about us.

Hi

Question: Hi Ms. Duncan--

I've been a huge fan of yours and recently finished your book about Kait. I want to tell you that I know justice will be yours someday and that many people are praying for the justice you want.

C

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 01:19:01 PM
Reply: I hope so much that you're right.

any leads

Question: Are there any more leads other than what's said?

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 01:07:55 PM
Reply: Yes. In fact we received new information just this morning, but I'm not free to post it at this time.

The Name Of The Truck Driver

Question: I was just wondering here, I knew of drug smugglers driving semi-trucks, cross country. One of them I knew quite well because he was a neighbor of mine. Was one of the chasers a drug smuggler by chance? I have heard of this happening in many instances when dope dealers, and their accomplisses, were trying to act to cover a "Leak" in their "connections." I used to live in Rockford where a friend of mine, Gene Allen, had been placed in federal prison for years due to this.

He worked for a trucking company I think was the "New York Express." It went international.

From Mexico to Canada. Just a thought.

Kevin Kappler

Asked on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 12:03:03 PM
Reply: I think we may be mixing up "truck drivers."

The one who saw a girl in a car that resembled Kait's being chased at the location of the shooting earlier that evening was a totally innocent man making a dairy delivery. He reported that chase to APD, and they sent him home because the chase took place an hour before Kait was shot. Also, that witness saw Kait driving west, toward Sharon's house, not east, as she was when she was shot. It sounds as if the same people may have tried to chase her down twice that night, and the second time they got her.

But drug importation by trucks may play a part in this. At the time of Kait's death,(and very probably still today), drugs were being imported by truck from Mexico in huge wooden crates doused with chorine to avoid detection at the border and stored in warehouses in Albuquerque to be picked up by buyers in their own trucks. Many influential people and/or their relatives were involved. According to the Albuquerque Journal, Chuck Aragon, (brother of Manny Aragon, president pro tem of the NM State Senate), worked with a number of infamous smuggling organizations out of Mexico. At times he was associated with groups that moved 150,000 pounds of marijuana in one growing season.
Chuck Aragon was arrested out of state four months after Kait's murder and sentenced to 20 years in federal prison. He was released in the mid to late 1990s and now works for Bernalillo County.
Manny Aragon was never accused of any wrongdoing in connection with his brother's criminal activities.

Courage

Question: Hello Lois. I'm 19, so when you're daughter was murdered, I was only an infant. Naturally, I wasn't able to read any of your books for some time. But when I was about 6 (I LOVED to read at a young age, and you were my favorite author), I read all of your books that I knew of. Then I discovered "Who Killed My Daughter?" in my school's library. I saw your name, so of course I picked it up and checked it out, not yet knowing it was a true story (you see, I didn't read the cover just yet. I always did that right before I started reading it). Needless to say, when I discovered it was a true story, I was horrified...and now I make it a point to read it twice a year at least (for over 10 years). Yet I admired your courage. Not many people have the courage that you do: the courage to find the truth, no matter what the consequences may be. The courage to put your story out there. I greatly admire you, both as a writer, and a mother (though I'm a male, but I'm still hoping to be a father one day). I pray that you continue to have the courage to search for the truth. But more importantly, I pray that the person you refer to that has the last piece of the puzzle gets the courage to come forward in some way to reveal that last piece. You've given courage and hope to several people in your situation.

May God bless you with the answers that you've been seeking for so long.

With love,
Devlin

Asked on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 09:14:26 PM
Reply: You must have been a child prodigy, Devlin, to have read and understood a book like WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? at such a young age. In fact, I'm amazed that it would be in an elementary school library. Thank you for your prayers and kind words. As you say, we are waiting for that "one special person" to contact us with the final piece of the puzzle. I she or he, (why do I tend to think it's a "she"?) is out there and probably is reading this message board even as I type this.

Lynn's book club

Question: Lynn - I took care of that link issue for you. There is now a link to this site.

A fan of Lois' books

Asked on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 08:20:59 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting that link.

hello

Question: Do you have any new information that you would feel comfortable posting on here? in reguards to your daughters case?

Asked on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 03:06:48 PM
Reply: Scroll down this message board and you'll find a lot of new information. I try to respond to all direct questions, but they need to be specific.

Poor Police Work

Question: I just recently read your book, "Who Killed My Daughter?" I was shocked at the horrible police work done by investigators and also by their "cover-ups". I am studying law enforcement myself and I particularly want to concern myself with the homicide unit. I am always reading up on true crimes and things of that nature. When I read your story I was just astounded at the lack of their ability and the blantant disregard of evidence for whatever reason. I read an update regarding the corruption with the judges and lawyers and to be honest that doesn't surprise me that they were involved in drugs themselves. I truly am sorry for the lack of respect and concern the local department showed to your daughter and to your family. This is the kind of department I really hope I will never work for. I really wish I would have been an investigator and assigned to your case because I would have loved to put those guys away. I really hope you find the answers that will give your family closure and put Kaitlin to rest in peace.
I will try to continue to follow up on your story as well for updates and I can't wait until your next book comes out.
My thoughts are with your family.
Holly

Asked on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 05:52:27 PM
Reply: I, too, wish that somebody with your ethics had been in charge of the investigation of Kait's case.

Dear Lois Duncan,

Question: Dear Lois,
I was looking through your website and discovered that your daughter was murdered. It really shocked me, and I admire that you were able to continue living life and writing wonderful books (which I adore by the way, you\'re such an inspiration- I\'ve always wanted to be a writer!). You see, a friend of mine last year had her mother pass away and it was like a cloud of sadness washeed over all the grade 7 and 8\'s. I don\'t know if I could ever cope with my mother leaving me at such a young age and for you- a daughter- it must have been just as hard. I really want to read your book- Who Killed My Daughter- for I have no doubt it will be an amzing book and probably will bring me to tears. I also admire how you actually reply to each post on here. I really do hope it\'s you- whenever i become a writer, I will be sure to come into contact with fans as much as possible!
I\'m sorry for taking up your time, you probably have better things to do than listen to me rant! haha. Well, best of luck in the future and even though your daughters death was so long ago, you have my condolences.

Asked on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 04:25:57 PM
Reply: Thank you for your sweet note. And, yes, it's really Kait's mother responding to the comments on this message board. I would never consider allowing anyone else to do that for me.

Bob Schwartz

Question: He has just been appointed as the newest District Court Judge in Bernalillo County.

Asked on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 01:25:24 PM
Reply: That's interesting news. Thank you for sharing it.

your book...

Question: I read "Who Killed My Daughter" shortly after it was published & have always wondered what the final ending would be...I am saddened that this crime has still not been solved. You remain in my prayers. Nora

Asked on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 08:35:03 PM
Reply: Thank you, Nora.

Lynn

Question: Lois, Please take a look at this website,"Dukecityfix.com". I joined a book club here, and I asked everyone to please read "Who Killed My Daughter". If you could post a little something there, as well as the link to this website, that would be great. I am basically computer illiterate, and I don't know how to add the link on my own. I know. Very pathetic.

Asked on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 07:22:37 PM
Reply: Not pathetic at all. I am far worse. But SOMEBODY there seems to know what they're doing, because they've posted a link to Amazon.com, where people can order WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

If that same person -- or somebody else who is computer literate -- would visit that book club and post a link to this Web site, that would be great. Also, please, correct the initial information that the book was written by "Lois Arquette." Although that's my married name, I write under "Lois Duncan."

murder

Question: does this kind of incident occur in any of Lois Duncans books?

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 07:24:08 PM
Reply: This incident, as it occurred, with the Vietnamese connection, etc. did not occur in any of my books.

However, DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU, which was published just prior to Kait's murder, contained an assortment of details that were reflected in Kait's true story, including a teenage girl chased by a hitman in a Camero. In DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU that hitman's name was "Mike Vamp." In real life, the man arrested for Kait's murder (but later released for lack of evidence) was named Miguel ("Mike") Garcia, and his nickname was "Vamp."

IM WONDERING

Question: HEY MY NAME IS ANA AND I NEED TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO FINISH YOUR BOOK WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER. IM WONDERING IF YOU CAN TAKE THE YOUR CASE TO A DIFFERENT STATE WITH A ONE OF THE LOCAL POLICE STATIONS. CAN YOU DO THAT? IF YOU CAN AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO I THINK YOU SHOULD.
LOTS OF ¢¾ TO YOUR FAMILY,
ANA

Asked on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 06:28:28 PM
Reply: No outside agency has the right to investigate Kait's case unless the Albuquerque Police Department invites them to do so. APD "owns" Kait's case.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next