Displaying 4261 - 4280 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 214 of 270)

Question

Question: my question is in the book ''Who killed my daughter'' what do you think your characters physical and personality traits were?

Asked on Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 12:04:37 PM
Reply: Like the post below this one, I assume this is an assignment for school. I suggest you keep a notebook and pencil next to you as you read the book. Make a list of the principal "characters" (who aren't "characters" at all, but real people) and jot down your personal impressions of their personalities based upon their statements and actions.

Physical descriptions will be easy. The book contains photographs of every member of the family and of Kait's boyfriend, Dung Nguyen.

who killed my daughter

Question: HI I AM MAYA ZULFIQAR.i WANTED TO ASK HOW CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER IN WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?

Asked on Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 11:57:40 AM
Reply: I assume this is an assignment for school. If so, I'm sure your teacher wants you to read the book and make your own assessment of my character.

Safe?

Question: Did you feel safe in Alberquerque before Kait's murder?

Asked on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 12:26:40 PM
Reply: Absolutely safe.

An average middle-class family, whose lives never had been touched by violence, we didn't relate to those awful stories in newspapers about the horrible things that happened to "other people." Don and I sat over our coffee at the breakfast table and read the paper and said, "How sad" when we read about other people's children being shot to death.

Inspiration.

Question: When I read this book, it scared me. I was lying in bed, close to the end, realizing that the world can be so unjust and unfair. I was afraid to leave my room, I was amazed that this story isn't fictious. You are actually dealing with this bullshit. As I was reading about the APD, my mouth dropped to the floor. I'm typing this to tell you that your book opened my eyes to a compassion that is beyond pride and status. It made me feel like I was Kait's sister, I've just never connected to a book like this before. It's caused me to trigger a feeling in me that tells me what I should be, and that is a Police Detective. I know you may not be impressed because of what has been cruelly done to you, but I want to make this world better in any sense possible. Your story has just helped me grow as a human being in general.

I'm thanking you because you have helped me on a level that is hard to reach for some people. Thank you.

I wish I could offer some insight or new information, but I was born a year after Kait was murdered.

Asked on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 11:49:47 AM
Reply: You don't know how much this message means to us. If one strong young person like you has been stimulated enough by Kait's story to want to go out yourself to correct the problems with "The System" and make this a better world, then Kait hasn't died in vain.

SHARON SMITH

Question: Do you know Sharon's middle name or initial? Do you know how old she would be now?

Asked on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 at 11:40:23 AM
Reply: Yes, I know those things.

I also know where she is. But, back when I had no reason to suspect that she was anything other than a casual friend of Kait's who got sucked into this terrible situation by accident, she asked me to promise that I wouldn't reveal her whereabouts because she feared for her own life. I made that promise. And I will keep it. Giving out her middle name and DOB would make it too easy for the people she is afraid of to track her down.

We've lost one young woman. We don't want to lose another.

America Most Wanted

Question: Hello,

Just curious if you ever thought about have America's Most Wanted air Kait's story to hopefully find the killer?

I know you have to send in a bunch of stuff and what not for them to air, but I just think this might be a great possibility. Just an idea for your family.

Asked on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 at 06:48:14 AM
Reply: "America's Most Wanted" will not do a story without the cooperation of the investigative agency. That's true of most true crime shows. They depend upon law enforcement to supply them with stories and case materials, so they can't risk antagonizing them by presenting them in a bad light.

"Unsolved Mysteries" did a story on Kait's case many years ago. APD refused to cooperate with them, but we and an investigative reporter had access to Kait's case file, so they filmed it anyway. But they were an exception.

That story is now syndicated and occasionally pops up on the Lifetime Channel. I never know when that's going to happen.

sorry

Question: well im writing a research paper on Lois well i just wanted to tell you , you have my suport and i hope that one day you find the killer and he gets the eletric chair to punish him for his crimes because if he or she could she a person then they can probably do some drug smugling and some other illegal things well im only 13, my name is Emily McGowan but you do have my suport on this matter i meen its in the ten commandments

Asked on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 05:32:45 PM
Reply: Thank you for choosing me for your research paper, Emily, and for being such a compassionate young person.

However, it may surprise you to learn that I don't support the death penalty. As we've discovered from Kait's case, it's all too easy for law enforcement to alter evidence in order to conveniently close homicide cases. DNA evidence is now causing the release of many "convicted killers" who were sitting on death row.

Who Killed my Daughter

Question: Dear Lois,
I have just read Who Killed My Daughter? for the first time. Hard to believe since the book has been out for many years but I just started working in the library of the local school and so I am exposed to alot of books. This one caught my eye so I read it. I have a son who is three and don\'t know how anyone can cope with the lose of a child so I marvel at your resilence to carry on and find her killer. I hope for the best for you and your family and hope an ending comes for you all soon.

Asked on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 11:52:43 AM
Reply: No mother ever believes that she can "cope with the loss of a child." But what's the alternative? You play with the hand you're dealt, because you don't have any other option.

Thank you for caring.

Publishing "The Tally Keeper"

Question: I can't help but wonder if a letter-writing campaign would help. If each of us who has read WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? wrote to Dell and outlined our reasons why the THE TALLY KEEPER wouldn't compete with WKMD? maybe, just maybe it would be published?

I've heard of letter writing from fans keeping television shows on the air, so why not books?

Asked on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 10:02:22 PM
Reply: I appreciate the suggestion, but at the present time I think a letter writing campaign would irritate the editors more than it would help.

Loved your book!

Question: Hello!

Just wondering if you ever received all of Kait's things back from the police? Did they give you everything they had or did they keep some of it?

If you did get it back, did this lead you into anymore clues/evidence on whom you think was the killer?

Praying for your family today and always!

Asked on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 09:35:30 PM
Reply: It took about 15 years, but, yes, we finally got a sack of Kait's personal possessions back. Those items included family snapshots, letters, graduation cards, and her birth certificate. The Vietnamese letters were missing. We don't know what, if anything else, may be missing because no audit was done at the time Kait's things were siezed. .

kait arequette

Question: look i think if they investigate more please i feel so ashamed on how every one is dying at ages 16 and 17 even 18 these young girls should stop it she should have been the best

Asked on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 09:53:00 AM
Reply: I agree totally. Young people have always felt omnipotent. (I can remember feeling that way in my teens, but the most dangerous thing I ever did was ride on the back of my boyfriend's motorcycle when my parents told me not to.) It was a different and gentler time back then.

But today, when teenage girls watch television or go to movies and see the beautiful young female detectives and/or secret service agents doing dare devil things to expose illegal activities and never getting killed or suffering any major injuries, they seize upon them as role models.

And young males do as well.

And the TV shows, films, and video games encourage that feeling. If an actor gets shot dead on one show, the viewer switches channels, and there he is, alive and well, charging into action once again.

Subconsciously this has to be broadcasting a message that death isn't real and danger isn't real.

"Gagged Woman"

Question: I feel strongly that the gagged woman Betty Muench describes in the reading is Sharon Smith. Sharon knows much more than she indicated, as evidenced by the torn up check made out to her that was found in the remains of the body shop, and her odd injury that sent her to the ER on the day of Kait's funeral. I think someone physically hurt her that day as a warning of what could happen if she opened her mouth. Didn't she also go into hiding of sorts, leaving New Mexico and/or living under an alias? If I were a betting person, I'd lay money on the gagged woman being Sharon.

I agree with you that releasing "The Tallykeeper" will be the catalyst that helps bring this woman forward. And as far as competing with "Who Killed My Daughter", sequels only pique the curiousity of folks and inspire them to purchase the original book or film because they want to know the entire story from the very beginning.

Asked on Monday, October 22, 2007 at 10:26:34 PM
Reply: Sharon jumps to mind first, of course.

But there are other possibilities as well. APD Officer Mary Ann Wallace, the first officer dispatched to Kait's scene. She seems to be a good person, but her reports of what happened that night don't coincide with the other reports. Kait's female co-workers at Pier One Imports, who may have known about the heroin smuggling. Kait's many girlfriends -- she might have confided in one of them. One of the Vietnamese girls who was dating a member of Dung's gang -- Kait became friends with some of those girls. The ex-wife or ex-girlfriend of one of the killers or of one of the cops who was involved in the cover-up, and obtained information through pillow talk and has been afraid to devulge it.

Whoever she is -- we need her. We want her to contact us, and we promise, on Kait's name, that we will not do anything with her information that will endanger her.

Praying for your family

Question: I just got reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? and am astonished by how much your family went through. I honestly can say that throughout the whole book I was on edge wondering what was going to happen next. You're a great mother for digging deep to try to solve your daughters case! Kait would be proud!

Do you feel that there will ever be closure with who killed Kait? I truly hope you find the real killer soon!

You took the police not helping you or working with you very calmly...at least in the book. I would have lost it! To think they are supposed to protect us!

I will continue to pray for you and your family; esp. Kait in that her case will be put to rest and she can rest easily after all these years!

Asked on Sunday, October 21, 2007 at 08:49:52 PM
Reply: Yes, I do believe that we will receive the answers we need.

As for dealing with the police -- there IS NO dealing with the police. If you raise your voice when talking to a police officer, you're arrested.

Tally Keeper

Question: I was born and raised in Santa Fe and am about the same age Kait would be. I have followed Kait's story from day one and have faithfully read messages on this board every Sunday night for what seems like ages.

I notice below that you mention The Tally Keeper is ready to be published. I fear I must have missed something as it was always my understanding that you would continue to write the book until you knew who was responsible for Kait's death. Has this changed? I absolutely agree that it is much more likely that The Tally Keeper would increase Who Killed My Daughter sales rather than the opposite.

Also, a couple weeks back after a suggestion by a poster, you said that you made a timeline - I assume that you are keeping that for yourself as that may compromise your search?

As always, your family is in my thoughts.

Asked on Sunday, October 21, 2007 at 07:40:02 PM
Reply: You're right -- I did say that I was waiting for a concrete ending before submitting THE TALLY KEEPER to a publisher. But I've now rethought that decision. We have so much new information that POINTS to an ending -- even if it hasn't yet been proven -- that it may be sufficient to lay that all out on the table and allow readers to put the pieces together for themselves.

According to Betty Muench, there is one specific person who needs to be jolted into action. THE TALLY KEEPER might cause that to happen. This is Betty's reading:

Betty Muench, 2/3/98:
Question: What is the key to the ending of this case?

Answer: "There is this image of a female who will have her mouth bound with a gag and it is as if she is chewing through this until her own flesh will seem to be bitten off. There is in this, however, SUCCESS, and she will be freed of this gag and able to scream out.

"This is not Lois but another who will not have been able to say anything until now. The view showing the flesh being eaten away will be symbolic of her own internal stress eating away at her because of her inability to come forward.
This one breaking the gag on herself will be the key to the ending of this long struggle in this case around Kait's death. There is an image of someone who is coming to the end of something in her own life, and she will then want to come forward and make things balance in this investigation. This will mean that a great change is taking place, which will be outside the hands of anyone but that one person. That person is not someone who has been able to put guilt and grief behind her.

"There is in this one the key to the ending of this case, which will not be able to be completed in the expected way, as this person would not be able to come to court with this. But there will be for Lois the understanding. The need to understand all this is strong in Lois and it is not so much the need for retribution. It will be the need to know what Kait will have been going thru and who will have dealt her this hand which was not played out.

"This is a story that will end with a kind of sigh, not a whimper or a bang, but a sigh all around. As others will come to also understand, there will be this which will permit Lois to lead others into a state of peace in so far as their own quests will be concerned. For Lois this will be an ending, a closure to this chapter of her life."

If that "gagged woman" reads that prediction in THE TALLY KEEPER, and realizes she is the one who is fated to do this, she may find the courage she needs to break her silence and "scream out."

curious

Question: Admittedly I have only read one of your books -- WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? I don't really recall how old I was when I read it, but I just picked it up a couple of days ago again when I ran across it (I am now 29 years old).

I'm curious about something -- it seemed in the readings that Betty did at the beginning of the book that she indicated some day this crime will be solved. I know a lot of her readings were somewhat open to interpretation, but I'm curious how you feel? What does your intuition tell you about this? Do you think you'll ever have the answer you seek?

I know it has got to be frustrating. I wish the best for you and your family, and I genuinely hope somehow the case is solved some day so that you can really move forward. I ran across this website after doing a google search because I was wondering whether any new information had turned up. It sounds like it has; I'll look forward to your next book, whenever that may be.

Asked on Friday, October 19, 2007 at 11:55:05 AM
Reply: Yes, Betty did assure us that the crime would be solved. Her actual words were, "It will be for this family to know." So many of Betty's readings have come to pass, that it's hard for me to believe that this one, most important one, will not.

The Arquette Family

Question: I just wanted to say that I am really sorry for what happened to Kait. I know it's been about 18 years and no one has said anything, but I hope that you do find who did that to Kait. I hope your family is staying strong and I hope for the best in this case. I love yourr books and I have read this book twice. Again I hope everything works out for the best. God Bless.
Sincerely,
Shantel

Asked on Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 06:55:05 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring so much.

The Tallykeeper

Question: I wanted to let you know how sorry I am that this happened. I only wish you the best in finding your answers. My heart goes out to you and your family. I was wondering when your new book will be published? I have had the hardback copy of Who Killed My Daughter since I was twelve(I am now 27). I reread it about every three years to refresh my memory. I was wondering if you have new investigators on Kait's case? I'm not positive on the way police departments work but shouldn't they have "cold cases" that detectives who specialize in older cases would investigate? I have so many different questions, but I think I will read the book again and write them down to ask when I am finished. I'm sure that most of my questions could easily be answered with your new book, but until that is published I will ask you. I hope that you will find out who took Kait from you and your family soon.

Asked on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 01:15:24 PM
Reply: THE TALLY KEEPER is finished, (unless new information surfaces and I decide to add onto it). I'm having a legal problem getting it published. There is a "non-compete clause" in the contract for WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. Dell (now Random House) who published WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, is insisting that a sequel will "compete" with the sales of the first book. Personally, I can't imagine how a sequel could conflict with the sale of a 15-yr-old paperback that is available only from on-line bookstores. If anything, I should think it would be just the opposite and sales would increase. The Author's Guild agrees with me. I'm hoping this problem can be worked out without litigation.

Hi

Question: Hi, my name is Destiny. I am in the 7th grade at Noe Middle school in Kentucky. I juts wanted to say that me and my best friend Cassidy love your books. We have read: Ransom, Locked in Time, Starnger with My face, They Never Came Home, Killing Mr.Griffin, Gallows Hill, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Summer of Fear, and we are wanting to read al of the others. WE especiallt want to reaf Who Killed My Daughter? and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. I also wanted to tell you that for a project that counts for more than half of our grade we are Using you as our topic. So for our report do Friday if there is anything else we need to know write back soon. Thx Destiny

Asked on Monday, October 15, 2007 at 01:05:37 PM
Reply: Thank you for choosing me for your report, Destiny. But for information for an author report, you'll need to contact me by private e-mail from my "Lois Duncan" Web site at loisduncan.arquettes.com.

LOiS

Question: i JUST READ YOU READ YOU BOOK. AND iTS REALLY SAD HOW THE POLiCE TREATED YOU. i THinK YOUR A VERY GOOD MOM AND YOU SHOULDNT NEVER GIVE UP. BUT i REALiZED THAT UR DAUGHTER DIED A DAY AFTER I WAS BORN.. I WAS BORN JULY 15TH 1989 AND SHE DIED THE DAY AFTER.. I HOPE YOU FIND UR ANSWERS UR LOOKING FOR AND NEVER GIVE UP.

Asked on Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 11:51:35 AM
Reply: Messages like yours make me so terribly aware of how much time has passed since Kait's murder. But to those of us who love her and continue, year after year, to seek that ONE BREAKTHROUGH that will solve this case, it seems as if she died yesterday.

At night, I still have dreams about my husband's and my drive to the hospital, along rain-slick streets, assuming she'd had a car wreck and had a broken leg or arm. Then, having a nurse greet us at the emergency room door and put her arms around me and say, "Your daughter's been shot in the head. You need to prepare yourselves for the fact that you may lose her."

As I said, it feels like yesterday. I relive it and relive it.

The Tallykeeper

Question: Dear Lois, Don, and family,

I first read Kait\'s story fourteen years ago when I was fifteen, and I have never forgotten it. I still check out your website every few months, and I pray that you find your answers. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with the world, and please know that it has a made a powerful impression.

Sincerely,

Heather

Asked on Friday, October 12, 2007 at 01:52:40 PM
Reply: Thank you for continuing to care over so many years.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next