Displaying 4241 - 4260 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 213 of 276)

Los Padillas and Manny Aragon

Question: Manny was arrested for DUI and drug possession (marijuana) long before he became the state's president pro tem. He did his mea culpas with the courts and got a slap on the hand. Once he started his career in the legislature, he established a program for ex cons (fresh out of prison) to be able to blend back into society. I forget the name of it. Because that was seen as a good samiratan gesture by the general public (and the blind followers of the South Valley area), he has been able to hide every illegal thing he has ever done. I know people who know his family well and you can trust that he and the Padilla's are well connected. His "castle" in the South Valley is built out of huge boulders. Those that you can find in the upper Rio Grande River Valley. I'm talking huge. The windows all around the house are no bigger than 2x3 feet, and covered with bars. Tell me that isn't protection. Manny knows he's a wanted man. And one day he will get his due!!!!

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 02:51:45 PM
Reply: I found a picture of Manny's "castle" on the Internet. It's quite a building.

south valley

Question: manny can be connected to the los padillas, who controlled (s) the south valley. the padillas are a large family with members in all aspects of abq's establishment.

understand that the "black" market is more profitable than its ethical counterpart. until we pay our cops proportionately to their risk, they will always be easy targets for corruption.

Asked on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 08:46:51 PM
Reply: I'm aware of Los Padillas, as most people from New Mexico are. They are the most violent gang in the Southwest, involved in interstate drug trade and the elimination of witnesses.

But Manny Aragon, who was president pro tem of the NM State Senate at the time Kait was murdered, has stated he's never used drugs, and that's never been disproven. His brother, Chuck, was arrested out of state four months after Kait's murder for being chief financiar of a huge drug operation and sentenced to 20 years in prison. Manny denied knowing anything about his brother's illegal activities, and, as far as I know, has never been linked to drugs himself. He now has been charged only with white collar crimes. How could he be connected to Los Padillas?

cultural center

Question: no, the poster refers to the hispanic cultural center, which is indeed in the south valley. i went to my daughter's dance performance there. its right near a drug infested area of the the barelas' neighborhood (spelling). 1701 south 4th street sw.

incidently, i visited Manny's house and was essentially chased out by neighbors for gawking at the house.

Asked on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 08:41:04 PM
Reply: Thanks for that information. We've been gone so long we've lost touch with the community.

South Valley

Question: I'm not the poster below, but I can tell you I used to live in the South Valley and it's not under APD jurisdiction. If you call the cops in the South Valley you get the Benalillo Sheriff Department. Hope this helps! You and your family are in my prayers.

Asked on Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 03:59:51 PM
Reply: That poster refers to the Indian Culture Center, which is in Old Town. Perhaps he used the term "South Valley" to encompass a larger area than most of us visualize.

manny aragon

Question: its not mannys fault the south valley is so bad its the police... you obviously havent "traveled" down here cuz if you did you would know theres more than just the culteralcenter

Asked on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 08:28:47 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting. You sound like someone who is THERE and knows what he/she's talking about.

We left New Mexico in 1992, after WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, because we received death threats to the rest of our family.

Much has happened since then, and we learn about that from on-line editions of Albuquerque papers, from friends in Albuquerque, and from our private investigators. Manny Aragon seems to have gotten into deep trouble, but that particular trouble does not link to Kait's case.

My real interest is in your comments about the police in the South Valley. What more can you tell us about that?

Just a Question

Question: Ms.or Mrs. Duncan, in your book Who Killed My Daughter, I do not recall reading about this Paul person, the one that was first found at the scene. I hope that you find your daughters killer adn the police actually do something! I'm sure your new book that your working on is going to be a great hit! I am for sure going to read it! I really want you to know that you are in my prayers and that justice will be served! The book that I mentioned above is a great novel and wish I could of helped out or gave ideas, but the police did nothing, so there isn't much to get ideas from! I hope you find the killer, don't give up, you'll find him!

Asked on Monday, March 17, 2008 at 06:53:20 PM
Reply: You're right. Paul Apodaca, the first person at the scene, with a long record of violent assaults upon women, was not mentioned in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. I didn't mention him, because I didn't know he existed. The police at the scene concealed the fact that there was such a person. They let him leave the scene without taking any information and never told us or anyone else about him. Even Steve Gallegos, the case detective, didn't know about this violent felon who was standing next to Kait's car when the first officers -- Merriman and Wallace -- arrived.

We learned about him later through private investigation.

John Brennan

Question: Don't know if you came across this site in your search for the latest arrest of former Judge John Brennan, but I found it quite interesting.

Also see,

Asked on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 08:00:50 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting that URL.

I was sympathetic to Judge Brennan when he was arrested with cocaine in his possession, because that's an insidious addiction and it affects many good but weak people. He appeared to be doing the right thing by going through rehab and restarting his life.

But I can't think of any excuse for this latest event. It's dispicable.

In the process of reading the book

Question: It's so hard to put down, I'm on chapter 9 now. I live in Gallup NM, just 2 hours away from Albuquerque. If you don't mind me asking, where did your family move to? Also I am very sorry for your loss and I think, in my heart, that Dung had something to do with it!

Vanessa

PLEASE email me at: vanessa_juliana14@yahoo.com
Thank you.

Asked on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 01:55:17 PM
Reply: Our family split up in all directions after the rest of us began to receive death threats. My husband and I moved to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We didn't know where to go, so we just drove across country until we hit the end of the road.

Our children live in different areas of the country. I don't feel comfortable revealing those locations. But I am glad to say that none of them now lives in New Mexico.

There's no way to know for sure unless the police do a full investigation, but my personal belief is that Dung did not kill Kait and did not want her killed. But there is strong evidence to indicate that he and his friends were at the scene when the shooting took place.

Perla

Question: Hi... i just wanted to let u now that i really enjoyed your book im really sorry to what has happened with your daughter. i hope justice is served one day for you and your family. You and your family are in my prayers.

Asked on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 02:56:59 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

Sharon Again...

Question: Has anyone been able to locate Sharon Smith? I read that her boyfriend and her quit their jobs at Pier1 and didn't go back for their checks, perhaps because they'd received one last package. I think she's aware of everything that happened, maybe not all of the details but she knows who killed Kait. This case intrigues me. I have always wanted to be an investigator but never followed through. Instead I became a 4th grade teacher which is equally rewarding. I will continue to read up and help in any way possible.

Asked on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 07:03:14 AM
Reply: We know where Sharon is, but promised us not to reveal that information, so we won't. We keep our promises.

God bless you for being a 4th grade teacher. That's a hard and stressful job, but you are making a tremendous difference in the lives of our beloved children.

They Should Watch Law & Order

Question: You'e got to be kidding, but of course you aren't. These guys actually told you that the phone company doesn't keep track of local calls? Or "LUDS" as they call them on "Law & Order" or "MUDS" in other places?

SHEESH. When they lie, they could at least be convincing.

Asked on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 09:16:03 PM
Reply: It goes beyond that. There appears to be some sort of federal cover-up as well.

We received a personal e-mail from someone identifying himself as "Dung Nguyen" saying that his friends killed Kait.

We contacted APD to ask if they could find out if that e-mail address really was Dung's. The police chief told us that his detectives were unable to accomplish that difficult feat. (Meanwhile, the service provider was telling us that they had that information, but could not give it out to anyone other than law enforcement, and A?D had never requested it.)

Then we contacted the FBI to ask if they could track and verify the e-mail address. They responded that this would be "technically and legally" too difficult for them.

That same FBI agent also told us that he had Kait's FBI file on his desk and he and his superiors had been consulting about it for days. Why would they consult about it if Kait's murder didn't link into the federal investigation of people linked to her murder?

We feel like we've walked into the Twilight Zone. Is there anyone we can trust?

Sharon Smith

Question: Were Sharon Smith's phone records checked? I have to wonder if she wasn't part of the scandal. Did she make any phone calls to the Vietnamese letting them know that Kaitlyn had left her apartment? And why the difference in stories? Please keep us updated on any latest developments. I know it has to be frustrating but you and your family are continuously in our prayers.

Asked on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 01:10:02 PM
Reply: No, the police didn't check anybody's phone records. They told us that phone companies don't keep records of local calls.

omg

Question: i just now got this book from the libary and in chapter 2 going on chapter three they talk about her getting shot...i dont think that the author should say it so early in the book!?!yeah well i try not to cry and when i think about it i really wish it was me instead of her she was really pretty!who was the killer and is he still alive? and Kaits boyfriend is he still alive and does anyone know if he has a myspace?

Asked on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 04:00:14 PM
Reply: As the author, as well as being Kait's mother, I, too, wish Kait had not been shot "so early in the book." But this isn't a fiction story, so I had no control over the content of the book. I had to tell it as it happened.

John Brennan's recent arrest

Question: There's been no word that any other NM VIPs were there. Of course the incident took place in the wee hours of the morning. (4:00a.m.). All the news mentions is that his girlfriend was not agreeing to have sex with a prostitute and him at the same time. So I guess there was a prostitute present. Other than that, no one else was around at the time of the assault.

Asked on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 01:14:40 PM
Reply: Since we no longer live in New Mexico, all I know about this horrific incident is what I read on-line. The reports do make it clear that Judge Brennan and his girlfriend were alone in the house, (with the possible exception of a prostitute), when police arrived to save the girlfriend from Brennan's violent attack.

However, there was mention in one of the articles that other people were there, partying with Brennan and his girlfriend, earlier that evening. Many of Brennan's current friends are the same VIP friends he had when Kait was murdered in 1989. Some of those friends go all the way back to his school days. And since Brennan was named several times in the secret narcotics report that was buried until reporters recently discovered it, I'm interested in anything that might connect VIPs, drugs, violence, and a link back to 1989.

I'm not in any way implicating John Brennan in Kait's murder. He is not the VIP in the psychic's sketch. But that doesn't mean that one of his friends might not be that person. I'm searching for ways that all of those things that I mentioned above might fit together to form a piece in our unfinished jigsaw puzzle with Kait's death at its center.

John Brennan

Question:
Former judge arrested for assaulting ‘mistress’
The former chief judge of Albuquerque’s state district court is facing three felony charges after being arrested at his university-area home early Sunday morning.
John Brennan was taken into custody at about 4:00 a.m. after neighbors reported to police they were hearing the screams of a woman coming from his home.

When officers arrived at the scene they saw Brennan assaulting a woman who later identified herself as Brennan’s mistress.

According to police, Brennan became enraged when the woman resisted his suggestion that they involve a prostitute in their relationship.

“At one point, she describes that his physical advancement was in such a manner that she felt threatened with her life, that he was going to render harm by choking her to death,” said APD spokesman John Walsh.

An officer who saw Brennan’s arm around the woman’s neck broke through a door and ordered Brennan to release the woman, according to police.

Brennan was the chief presiding judge in the Second Judicial District Court until May of 2004 when he was arrested for drunken driving and possession of cocaine after attempting to elude a DWI roadblock in Albuquerque.

Most recently, Brennan has run a rehabilitation center called Second Chances.

Asked on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 12:28:58 PM
Reply: After checking this out on the on-line edition of the Albuquerque Journal and Albq TV stations, I have no choice but to believe it's true.

Since I now live out of state, I'm limited on what I can find on-line, so, please, keep me up-dated, especially if there's a mention of who the friends were that he was partying with that night, prior to attacking his girlfriend. Any political figures? Anyone who has ever been arrested on drug charges?

It's well-publicized that, Ex-Judge Brennan is a long-time friend of Manny Aragon, the Maloof family, and many other NM VIPs. Were any of them at that party?

If not, who WAS there?

John Brennan

Question: Former Albuquerque judge, John Brennan, now faces kidnapping and aggravated assault charges.

Asked on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 09:09:47 PM
Reply: I can't believe this. Judge Brennan has been portrayed in the media as a warm and compassionate man, a terrific judge, and the victim of "one little mistake" when he was arrested when he was found at a traffic block with drugs in his crotch.

But he's now been through rehab. He allegedly started a new life, which people with drug problems have a right to do. I've respected him for doing that.

What, in God's name, has he done now?

New Investigation?

Question: Helllo my name is Kaitlyn. I'm 13 years old and randomly chose your book for a book report. I was very, very surprised by the story. It seems almost unreal the police won't do anything. It has been a number of years since the murder and we now have new technology. Why not have the case gone over again by a new detective?I really hope I helped!

Asked on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 10:24:45 AM
Reply: Thanks for caring, Kaitlyn (why is that my favorite name?)

The case WAS gone over by a new detective, who came in to head the APd Cold Case Squad, but, as soon as he revealed his plan to interrogate Paul Apodaca, (the man at Kait's scene, who had a long record of violent crimes), he was transferred out of the department.

With that good man gone, all interest in Kait's case disappeared.

Of course cops are scared of retaliation

Question: Even retired cops, no longer at risk of losing their jobs or promotions or having back-up fail to respond to them, know what can happen if they rat out any member or former member of the department. Physical "accidents" to them and their family. Wives or girlfriends stalked and harassed, pulled over in there cars and arrested for DUI when they haven't had a sip of anything. Kids arrested for dealing, with bags of meth planted in their pockets by the cop who pats them down.

Your totally right to protect the identities of good cops who give you information. Knowing that you guarantee anonymity and stand by your promise that will make them much more willing to contact you.

Asked on Saturday, March 08, 2008 at 02:52:50 PM
Reply: We guarantee this on Kait's name: We will protect the identity of any informants who contact us.

Retired APD people

Question: I wonder why retired police officers who know about the case don't speak up. Especially on this web site. How would anyone be able to connect them. I just don't see how any of them could be associated with snitching, since the even happened so long ago. Have any of them ever contacted you and you're just not willing to tell us? Are you going to reveal it on this message board if you ever find out? or are you just going to finish the Tally Keeper for us to find out that way?

Asked on Friday, March 07, 2008 at 02:14:56 PM
Reply: Actually, there have been some members of APD who have contacted us with information about the cover-up. But we can't USE that information without revealing their identities, which we have promised not to do. The best we can do is have our private investigators follow up on it and try to confirm it through other sources.

It's amazing to me how frightened police officers are of each other. They're apparently expected to follow the Blue Code of Silence even after retirement, and they're terrified of retaliation if they don't.

Re: Bob Schwartz

Question: I'm sorry, I don't have anymore information on Bob Schwartz. I just know that a lot of people are very disappointed that he got a judgeship here in Bernalillo County. The Governor of NM is the final person to say who gets one and who doesn't. Right now, Bill Richardson is the governor. So who knows. Someone commented that what Schwartz said or did was dispicable. Well, he is a dispicable person. He's right up there with all the other arrogant politicians of NM. He's also very short. I saw him in person once. He probably has that Napoleon complex that short men get. I'm sorry I didn't have more information for you. I just wish your P.I.s could solve this case! :(

I also think it's very odd that he was selected to be a judge.

Asked on Friday, March 07, 2008 at 02:09:56 PM
Reply: If our PIs do solve this case, what can we do with their information? APD has told us point blank they will not give credence to any information provided by our family or our representatives.

As for Bob Schwartz -- what can I say? He is what he is.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next