Displaying 4201 - 4220 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 211 of 275)

Rod

Question: I was just wondering if Rod still lives in Albuquerque.

Asked on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 04:29:48 PM
Reply: That's for Rod to respond to if he wishes to.

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: I recently read "Who Killed My Daughter", and I have concluded a thing or two about her death. I believe that her boyfriend Dung was involved, whether he ordered her death or not.

If he did, I think it would be because he was raised to believe that women should do everything that a man says. And Kaitlyn was more independent than he thought women should be. He wanted control, and the only way would be to kill her. Involving her didn't help anything. I believe that he also sensed that she would tell, and her telling him that confirmed his suspicions.

But if he didn't order her death, he was still involved by involving her in his crimes. If he hadn't, she might have found out anyway, but the fault wouldn't be his.

He also can't seem to keep one story. He changed his story at least twice. I don't understand if police knew that, why they wouldn't continue to look at it. Either way, I believe at least part of the fault was his.

Asked on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 07:54:48 PM
Reply: I agree.

To quote from one of the readings by the psychic, Betty Muench: "Dung will be in a sense the instigator of this event. There will have been anger in this time and it will have stemmed from something very serious about which Kaitlyn will have been trying to urge him to take a certain action. He will have resisted strongly, and he will have been encouraged in his resistance by others who will also have been involved. He will have tried to gain some assistance from her by telling her certain things, and she will have urged him to do other than he expected of her, and then he felt betrayed by her ... It is not as if he will have been the one to do this, but he will seem to know who did it."

Unknown%

Question: dont you think that the boyfriend did it or some of his friends? because remember when her boyfriend wanted to get into her apartment, but couldnt because he didnt have the right key ,because kait asked that the landlord change the locks because him and his friends are way to violent,and remember when kait told you not to tell (the boyfriend) where she is going to be for the night. Remember when he was in the hospital and he almost told you who did do it. Even your daughters sucspected that it was him. I will trty to learn more on the subject and write you back n oh yeah dont you think you should re open the case because back then they didnt have the right tools or people to solve it but now they sure do.

Asked on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 09:40:54 AM
Reply: Yes, I remember all those things. I have no doubt that Dung's Vietnamese group was involved in Kait's death in some manner. But there were other people involved too. If you'll click on the link to the Crime Scene, you'll find that a police cover-up started immediately. Those cops at the scene would not have been covering up for a Vietnamese gang unless that gang was involved in activities those cops were also involved in or were protecting.

pier one

Question: The young woman worked at pier one while Kait worked where; pier one or the
clothing store?
Was Kait aware that it was reported to the FBI?
Was Dung related to the drug dealings thru pier one?

Asked on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 04:12:25 PM
Reply: Kait worked at Pier One Imports as supervisor of "Passport Clothing", in charge of their shipping and receiving. Kait was wearing "Passport Clothing" when she was killed.

I recently visited a Pier One store, and they did not sell clothing. So they must have stopped that in the interim. But, in 1989, when Kait worked there, they had a large department of clothing from the Orient.

We have no idea if Kait was even aware of the heroin importation; if so, whether she knew that her co-worker had reported it to the FBI; or whether Dung was related to the drug dealings.
That's some of the information we are seeking via this Web site.

pier one

Question: Kait and Sharon Smith worked @ pier one along with Sharon's boyfriend; and heroin was being delivered where by UPS through pier one? No wonder Sharon doesn't want her where abouts known. Maybe Kaitlyn went to speak to Sharon about the happenings through their store; Are Sharon and the boyfriend still together?
I'm sure these are questions you've already asked.
I've read your book twice, very good read and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure there isn't a day that goes by you don't think of Kaitlyn and wondering what she would be doing today. As a mother of three I know I would.
I check this web site from time to time and read the new messages; I pray your questions will be answered soon.

Asked on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 01:16:42 PM
Reply: To clarify: Kait and Sharon did NOT work at Pier One at the same time. At the time Kait was manager of Imported Clothing, Sharon had a snow cone cart right in front of Pier One. They met and became friends when Kait went outside during a lunch break.

When Kait was killed, Sharon abandoned her snowcone business and applied for Kait's job. Her boyfriend applied there also. Both were hired, and both abruptly stopped working a couple of weeks later.

The young woman who discovered the heroin and reported it to the FBI was employed at Pier One while Kait worked there. She felt so uncomfortable about the situation that she quit her job there. Kait was shot several weeks later.

For Rod

Question: I can't believe its really you. Its mindblowing to have a character from a book post on a message board. It makes the whole incredible story come alive and ring true.

The person below asked what was Kait really like. Would you be willing to tell us about her from your perspective? Why did you wait so long to contact her family? Do you have a personal opinion about what led to her death or who she had an appointment with the last evening you were with her?

Asked on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 11:09:33 AM
Reply: Rod, feel free to respond to this if you wish. But don't feel pressured to do so if it makes you uncomfortable.

Who was Kait really?

Question: She was very beautiful and it seems she was loved during her life by a wonderful family. Roberta Hayes will seriously be missed.

Sometimes we only see what we want to see and we are often not able to understand the basic connections between people that existed in seemingly impersonal and innocuous relationships.

I do not wish to offend but I think this is cetainly one of those cases.

When an old friend of mine named Carol DeRonch was pushed of a cliff I as well as others in our old neighborhood in Colorado was sure it was murder. Carol was such an outgoing person. She had a tremendous ability to draw people towards her. Yet it has taken years for us to all come to realize that Carol had many different types of unknown people in her company.

She had been raped (it all came out later) and her life was full of insinuations and indirect threats to her person, friends and family.

She even had her car stolen and never even reported it to the police out of fear. Luckily, the man who stole the car turned out to have a serious rap sheet from Russia of all places and was found after he resold the car to a person suspicious of him and did a background check on his bogus name and ID. He was wanted for serial murders in a small place in Shakty, Russia

My point is you never really know what people's lives may be all about.

How well do we really know all the people who were in Kaitlin's life?

Something to Dwell upon.
Janis Strader Karpitsa

Asked on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 12:41:40 PM
Reply: You're right. We obviously didn't know all the people who were in Kait's life. That's the purpose of this Web site. We're trying to find out.

State Attorney General?

Question: I live in Alabama. We recently had a case where the local D.A. was "dragging his feet" about prosecuting a murder case. It was not a case of D.A. corruption or anything of that sort, just he didn't feel the evidence was strong enough or something. The family was able to contact the state attorney general's office who was then able to take over the case from the local D.A. --even though he did not want to give it up. Does NM have such a system? Have you contacted the state attorney general and asked him to take the case from the local jurisdiction? In our local case the state AG ended up using his investigators, prosecutors, etc. and was able to try and convict the killer. May God bless you as you continue to pursue justice for your daughter.

Asked on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 06:32:32 PM
Reply: Thank you for this suggestion, but we've already tried it. In March, 1995, we and our private investigator set up an appointment to meet with Attorney General Tom Udall. Udall stood us up, and we were relegated to agents Denis De Luche and David Baca at the Albuquerque office. De Luche and Baca agreed to review our case materials and get back to us. We did not hear from them again. Finally, after two years of unanswered letters and unreturned phone calls, we hired an attorney to intercede. Agent De Luche told the attorney that any concerns we had regarding APD's investigation or lack there of "are between the Arquette family and APD."

POSTED BY ROD: Give the gift of justice

Question: Kait has been weighing heavily on my mind lately, and Iíve seen my ďnameĒ in several posts recently, so I thought I would comment. The excerpt from chapter six that is quoted in The Tallykeeper section is exactly as it happened. Kaitís mom has seen fit to make sure that my real identity has remained hidden, in an effort to protect me. Iím not sure how truly necessary it has been, but those of you who know something far more important than I, that could solve Kaitís murder, should not feel hindered by Lois revealing your identity.
(To borrow from a film I saw) I do believe in the rights of victims. I do believe that they deserve recompense; no matter how significant or insignificant it may be in comparison to the loss suffered. I have suffered such a loss. I have spent sleepless nights trying desperately to squelch down that bile-ish instinct for revenge. I have wondered if this pain will ever abate. I have learned that time does not heal the wound. It will though, in its most merciful way, blunt the edge, ever so slightly.
The final chapter on the road to justice and recovery has not been written. Selfishly, I implore you to come forward and help Lois write that chapter. On May 16, 2008, Kait will have been gone from this earth for as long as she graced it. I did not have the pleasure of knowing Kait for nearly as long as her family and friends, and yet some days the pain is quite sharp. I canít even fathom the pain Lois must feel.
There is no recovery without justice. Please allow those who have been affected by Kaitís murder to have some closure.
~Rod

Asked on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 11:10:59 PM
Reply: ROD'S INFORMATION:

Although "Rod" does not realize the things he knew were important, he told us several things that WE consider important:

(1) Kait DID give Rod a silver bracelet with his name on one side and hers on the other. She told him she was breaking up with Dung, and she and Rod could then start dating openly. She told
him, "I HAVE TO GET A FEW THINGS FIXED, and then we'll start going out next week." The next thing he heard, she was dead.

We believe those "few things" she was going to try to "fix" were what led to her death.

(2) On Friday, July 14, 1989, Rod and Kait had a date to see an early movie, "Peter Pan." When the movie ended, she told him she couldn't continue the evening with him because she "had an appointment." Two days later, on Sunday, July 16, she was shot to death.

Whom would she have an "appointment" with at about 9:30 p.m. on a Friday evening? If you put that together with her having to "get a few things fixed," that suggests she went somewhere either to confront someone or to to devulge information to someone.

(3) Kait asked Rod, "What would you do if I died?" That's not the kind of question a teenager would ask a new boyfriend. Or ask ANYBODY, for that matter. Obviously, at some level, she was afraid for her life.

Age 11

Question: Hello, Mrs. Lois [Duncan] Arquette.
My name is Jodi McCann. I am 11 years of age. Two years ago, I read your book WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER. I was very sad when I finished reading it... I even wrote a book [almost published] from my sadness. After a month or so, I ran across thousands of articles, sites, videos, ect. about the death Kaitlyn Clare Arquette faced. Since then, I've gathered countless information about it, and have made over sixhundred different sites about. On each one I've read numerous reports from people in your area. I don't know their names specifically, but one claimed that they knew the person who killed her through a few of his or her past friends. I tried to find out who it was, but the anonomous person has yet to answer back- probly won't either. A few of my own friends have been reciently researching more about Kait's death. We've made a few posts on largely visited sites, and are hoping to find more information on it. We started this only six to eight months ago, and have almost one thousand five hundred some-odd people from around the world seeking out to find the killer(s). If you could, please e-mail us at...

jodi@time2help.org

You don't have to tell us anything, considering our 'young' age, if you don't want to. We just wanted you to know about this.

The best of luck on moving on with remeberance,
Jodi322 + All.

P.S.,
We all adored your books! :,D

Asked on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 12:17:09 PM
Reply: What can I say to a message like that except THANK YOU! For all we know, it may be the children who solve this case, because they know how to use the Internet in innovative ways that pass anything my husband and I can imagine.

GO FOR IT!!!!!! Just don't reveal your name to the person with information. Send that info directly to me.

And, thank you.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: I am an English teacher from a small town in Texas, and I came across your book this summer. I am now teaching it to my students. We are all intrigued by this story, and we are all amazed with the strength that you have shown as a writer. As a mother of two young daughters, I cannot begin to imagine what you have been through; one could only hope for such strength and diligence in any situation, much less one where you have lost a child.

We are interested to know, as of 2008, what has transpired in the case, if anything. Please let us know and Godspeed to you and your family.

Asked on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 11:18:17 AM
Reply: Most of the new information that we have received is on this Web site. At the time I wrote that book, I knew nothing about the cover-up at the crime scene, the heroin smuggling, the drug related activities of political VIPs, etc.

And we didn't have access to photos from the crime scene, so we didn't know there was damage to the back of Kait's car to indicate that she was forced off the road and shot by someone on foot AFTER her car came to rest against a post.

Kait

Question: I remember Kait from Highland - she sat behind me in Spanish during my junior (her sophomore) year. She was beautiful and such a sweetheart, and of course I was horrified and saddened when I heard about her murder. I'm a mother now, and I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Your strength and determination to keep going until the case is solved is inspiring, and I'll be praying that you find out what happened and bring those responsible to justice.

Asked on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 at 03:26:13 PM
Reply: Thank you for remembering Kait and for having liked her. That means a lot to me.

Desert castle

Question: I have a couple of questions: First, die you ever find out who took Kait to the Desert Castle? Second: The house you describe in the book that you looked at with the animal house and swimming pool and the stairs that you went up on, the house on Tierra Monte, were there any other houses aroung it at that time or was it all by it self? Do you know when it was built?

Asked on Monday, April 07, 2008 at 04:07:52 PM
Reply: No, we don't know who took Kait to the Desert Castle.

I can't tell you details about that house off the top of my head. (Remember, it was 18 years ago that I visited it.) I do have that information somewhere in my files, but would need to hunt for it to find it.

Manny Aragon and the cops

Question:
Don't know for a fact that he owns any of the cops. By owning I mean both in the monitary sense and also owning their lives more or less since they know of the illegal practices he's involved with. It's rumor mill stuff. People fear for their lives when it comes to those families. And just like other posters have mentioned and even on your web site "Real Crimes" If some cops are afraid for their careers, I'm sure that means any cop who gets wind of the illegal practices involving cops/courts/politicians would feel they would have to protect themselves. You can also say that if you were raised and have lived in Burque all your life, it's just common knowledge that that's the way the wheel turns down in the South Valley. It's sad.

Asked on Monday, April 07, 2008 at 02:47:32 PM
Reply: In my book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, I quote a statement by Krishmanurti: "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

From your post, (which I have no reason to doubt), that's what we're dealing with -- a society that accepts the unacceptable. After my book was published, I was contacted by family after family from the Albuquerque area, who were going through the same thing we were. The very same cops who covered up Kait's murder were involved in the cover-ups of their children's cases. (Go to www/realcrimes.com and read the Nathan Romero, Peter Klunck, and Stephen Haar stories. Each of those kids was getting ready to blow the whistle on organized crime in New Mexico, and each of those kids was linked in some way to Kait.

Is there nobody out there with PERSONAL knowledge about this situation who has the courage to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? When the mothers of murder victims speak out, they are labeled "whiners" and told to "get over it."

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: Did you ever speak to the gentleman that took Kaitlyn to the castle?

Asked on Sunday, April 06, 2008 at 01:27:45 PM
Reply: No. But we now feel certain that it wasn't Rod.

the desert castle

Question: Forgive me for quoting from another spot on your site, but this will help me make my point. In Noreen Renier's reading:

"I meet a man in at a parking mall with a C in it. I leave my car and get into his, which has four-wheel drive. We go up the hill to the north to that big place up there. There are walls of some sort around parts of it, but not all of it, because there's a lot of land up there. I want to call it the castle Ė the ĎDesert Castle.í There are a lot of other cars. It's a semi-circle driveway. There's an important person there that I'm not supposed to know is there. It's a person I wasn't supposed to see or know about. And I see him! And I see his car, a big, dark limo! I recognize who this person is."

The question is: where are they when they start going north? They could be anywhere in relation to Kait's apartment or her work, but the reading may mean that they were going north from their starting point at the mall lot.

I too looked up Manny's castle.

Asked on Saturday, April 05, 2008 at 11:25:25 PM
Reply: The "parkiing mall with a C in it" would be Coronado Mall, which was about a mile from our house.

Noreen also said that the owner of the Desert Castle "lived on the outskirts of town and definitely east, maybe a bit northeast. If we were put where Kait was found (intersection of Lomas and John Street) and drew a clock around her, I would put his villa maybe at 2 or 2:30. It was a little over 12 miles away."

That sounds like somewhere in Sandia Heights.

Questions

Question: I read your book about kait, and i couldn't believe what had happened you her, you and your family. I read it and it seemed as if it was a largely condensed book that could only have so much information. It seemed like there was more you just could'nt fit, so I had questions.

1.) Why isn't the APD answering you? How can they legally leave you out of this and not tell you anything?

2.) Who is working on this case? If the APD won't do it, who can?

3.) Have you talked to Rod at all since he sent you the flowers? I read about that on Kait's site, in your section for The Tallykeeper.

I wanted to tell you how inredible I really think you are and how amazing the book was. I told everybody I came into contact with about it. I originally got the book from my mom, but I think she didn't read it because she couldn't imagine going through that. I think you're a great author, and I've read your books before. I want to be an author eventually and I'm going to start college this fall for journalism.
I also wondered if there was a site that was all about Kait through out her life, because when I read that book, I got a glimpse of how amazing she seemed. She seemed like a strong willed person with a great taste for curiosity. The book was about her death, but I was wondering about her life. She seemed like an incredible person, just like you.

Asked on Saturday, April 05, 2008 at 03:28:14 PM
Reply: Thank you for your interest in Kait as a person. She was only eighteen when she died, so she hadn't had a very long life, but she lived it to the fullest. She was an honor student and particularly gifted in art. She was very ambitious and wanted to be a doctor. She loved children and was everybody's favorite babysitter. She loved animals -- she and I used to rent horses and ride together. She was overly independent, and she was a risk taker who thought she could handle anything. That's probably what got her killed. She over-estimated her ability to take care of herself and under-estimated the viciousness of the people she was a threat to. She thought she was invincible.

The police don't need to respond to us. The victim's family has no more rights than a stranger. When I was on a national TV show, we paid an organization called WE-TIP $1,200 to allow us to use their 800 number for call-in phone tips. They told us they received so many calls that they had to hire extra staff to handle them. When we tried to get access to the tips, we were told that we, as Kait's family, had no right to them. They could only be given to law enforcement. APD didn't want them and refused to grant permission for us to have them.

2.) Who is working on this case? If the APD won't do it, who can?

Nobody can. APD "owns" Kait's case.

Yes, we've talked with Rod. He loved Kait a lot. He occasionally posts on this message board.

Question: Mrs. duncan:

i am 14 years old and i live down south. i recently read your book and am constantly checking in on this website. i have a few questions

1. why don't you think dung did it?
2. has sharon given you any information
3. i know you dont know who killed kait but do you know why?
4. on the street where it happened, was there any buildings or houses or anything where anyone could have seen what happened?

Also, i just want to say thanks. You are my role model. Seriously, i look up to you in so many ways. Your brave, determined, persistent, smart, witty(i would keep going on but it would take hours to describe how awesome you are). You have been a blessing to so many people and dont forget it. I am so happy that you never gave up. Your like that little engine that thought he couldn't but could. Remember that. You can i know you can. Just think you can.
But, if you dont. I want you to know that it was for a reason. You were put on this earth for soo many reasons. You are a fabulous author, you were a great mom, and you are a role model to so many people. To me mainly hehe. You touched peoples heart and i know kait is looking down at you with a big smile on her face and with god's fingerprint. She had god's touch all along and so do you. Kait never really left you, she was in your heart and in your dreams all along. Keep in mind that even though kait is your natural born daughter, you have daughters all across the world (your fans and readers). We love you mrs duncan and that will never change. Never.

Asked on Friday, April 04, 2008 at 07:19:25 PM
Reply: What a beautiful tribute! I will treasure it. Thank you.

To answer your questions:

1. I don't think Dung did it, because I think he did love Kait.

2. Sharon has given us information, but it doesn't mesh with the facts of the case as we know them and it contradicts statements she made to the police.

3. We believe Kait was killed because she was in a position to expose a large scale drug operation that was protected by certain members of law enforcement.

4. The businesses in the area where Kait was shot were places like car lots and auto repair shops. Since it was a Sunday evening, most of those were closed and there was very little traffic through that area. We do have a witness who drove past the scene immediately after the shooting and saw a uniformed police officer there BEFORE plain clothes detective Merriman, "the first officer at the scene", allegedly arrived. And there were witnesses who saw a VW bug flee the scene and try to take refuge at the auto repair shop on Arno where rogue cops hung out. But we don't have a witness to the shooting itself.

Manny Aragon

Question: To the poster below that says it's not Manny Aragon's fault that the South Valley is so bad. He has been your guardian for the last 40 years, who else would you blame? He was in the legislature for many years a never did anything to improve the education system down there, schools, etc. and he had the power and money to do it. He is the reason the cops are bad. He owns them you moron!

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 03:04:15 PM
Reply: Several of you have commented about Manny "owning" various departments of law enforcement. For those of us who are less aware than you are, could you, please, explain that in detail? Are you talking about monetary pay-offs or something else?

South Valley and it's people

Question: Very tight. Almost like one big family (crime family) most of them anyway. There are a few descent people living down there. The Padillas and Manny own the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Dept. too. I'm telling you, they have a strong hold in that part of town.

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 03:01:09 PM
Reply: Which individuals at the Sheriff's Department do they control?

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next