Displaying 4181 - 4200 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 210 of 276)

Don Roberts cntd.

Question: I apologize if you've answered this question already elsewhere on your site or in these posts, but did you try, successfully or unsuccessfully, to talk to Roberts after he was reassigned? What, if anything, did he have to say about his reassignment and your case after that?

Asked on Friday, May 30, 2008 at 12:45:23 PM
Reply: Our P.I. spoke with Det. Roberts after he was reassigned. He advised her to take her questions and concerns to the Cold Case Unit, because he could no longer work on Kait's case. The remaining members of the Cold Case Unit had no interest in Kait's case, the the investigation that Roberts had instigated was dropped.

Wine Cellar

Question: Do you know who owned the Wine Cellar?

Asked on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 05:55:20 PM
Reply: No.

Don Roberts

Question: Hi Lois. I was just wondering what, if anything, has happened since Don Roberts was removed from the Cold Case Unit. Has there been anymore cooperation on the part of APD? Did you ever hear why Mr. Robert's was reassigned?

Asked on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 02:29:42 PM
Reply: When Don Roberts left the APD Cold Case Unit, all investigation of Kait's case came to an abrupt end. This seems strange to us, since Roberts had told our private investigator that a witness had "re-surfaced" with important information. But, once Roberts was gone, so, apparently, was all interest in that witness.

I don't know why Det. Roberts was reassigned.

your apartment in Albuquerque

Question: In your book "Who Killed my Daughter" you mention an apartment you lived in in Albuquerque with a duck pond. Could you tell me which apartment complex that was?

Asked on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 04:38:35 PM
Reply: It was called The Shores. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was on Indian School in the Eubank area.

I AM SO SORRY!

Question: Ms. Duncan-Arquette,

Approximately 8 years ago I worked with students who were so passionate about your books that we decided to complete an authorís study on you. One of my students had the courage to e-mail you with interview questions and you were kind enough to answer each one in detail. I am not sure if you remember or not, but we created a magazine about you and your works, took a class photo, and mailed you a copy for your enjoyment.

I am ashamed to say that even after your kindness; it has taken me this long to read "Who Killed My Daughter?" I literally finished it minutes ago, and felt compelled to write. I am absolutely appalled by the way your case has been handled, and I can only hope and pray that the truth will eventually come out. I admire your strength and courage. Wherever Kait is now, I am sure she is proud of your dedication and vigilance. Your family is very fortunate to have you.

Thank you for your books and for sharing your life so openly.

By the way, did you ever locate Rod (the boyfriend with the bracelet)? Was he able to shed any light on the case? Sorry if this has been asked already!

Asked on Friday, May 23, 2008 at 07:59:10 AM
Reply: I do remember that exchange and reading the magazine you sent me. I was touched by how much they liked my books.

I try to respond to all the kid readers who contact me by e-mail. However, that's often a problem because their parents have blocked incoming e-mail from strangers. The kids don't seem to realize that when they ask for a response.

Thank you for reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? and for caring about us and about Kait.

Dung Nguyen

Question: Some questions about him:

1. Where did he and Kait meet? Did they attend school together?
2. How old is/was he?
3. How long had they been dating?
4. Did Kait ever meet any of his family?

I understand that you won't know the answers to some of these questions, since Kait wasn't living at home.

I remember you mentioned that he is still in NM (at least, the last you had heard).

Asked on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 12:56:56 AM
Reply: 1. Kait and a girlfriend met Dung and his Hispanic friend, Ray Padilla, at the Frontier Restaurant across the street from the University of New Mexico. That was a place where a lot of the college kids hung out, but Dung and Ray were not students.

2. Dung was born March 25, 1963. That would have made him 26 when Kait was shot. (Kait was 18.) We thought he was 22. Kait misrepresented his age to us from the start, because she was not allowed to date anyone that much older.

3. Dung and Kait had been dating for close to two years at the time of her death. They had been living together for about two and a half months.

4. Dung entered the States in 2/27/82 with a sister and her husband. Kait did not know that sister. Dung told Kait that the sister owned an import shop in LA, and when he and Kait went to LA together in March, 1989, Kait expected to stay with that sister. She gave me that alleged sister's address and phone number so we could reach her in an emergency. However, when she got home, she told me that she never did meet the sister and the address Dung and given her (and that she had given us) was for a house where "a bunch of weird men were living." We have since learned that those men were Bao Tran and other men involved in the car wreck scam.

After the shooting, police told us that Dung did not have a sister in California. The sister he came to the States with, Dung Tsi Nguyen, and her husband, Kien Minh Nguyen, lived in Kansas City. Kien Minh Nuguyen claimed injuries in two suspicious wrecks. In one of those he was hit by a stolen car driven by the roommate of the insurance fraud capper, Bao Tran.

People have asked us why, if Kait was angry with Dung and breaking up with him, she never told us about his criminal activities. We assume it was because she knew we would report them to the authorities and was trying to protect him from deportation. At that time he was still under refugee status. According to INS regulations, he was under threat of deportation if he were to be arrested and convicted of committing a crime of moral
erpitute (auto insurace fraud is such a crime.)

Hello Ms. Duncan

Question: I have only read one of your books, Killing Mr. Griffin, and i loved it, im not that much into reading but we are doing author reports and i was picked to find information on you. I have found a lot of intresting facts that make me want to read your books, which isnt like me. The one i'm very intrested in is "Who Killed My Daughter". I'm very sorry to hear that. Your daughter was very beautiful, and no one deserves that. But i just wanted to thank you for being a creative writer and doing the wonderful things you do.

Keep up the good work

Sincerly
your new fan
Ciara

Asked on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 06:53:15 AM
Reply: Keep on reading, Ciara. There are many wonderful authors who are writing for young people. If you tell your school librarian what sort of books you enjoy, he or she will be able to steer you to others that are written on similar subjects or in a similar style.

Retired Cops

Question: If several of the retired APD officers are currently PIs themselves you'd think one of them would come forward - or at least assist the Arquettes' PIs - for the sake of the reward or publicity. I realize the "blue wall" b***s*** probably extends past retirement, psychologically at least, and they're also likely receiving pensions. But if they're still working in some form they must need income and even in a larger city like Albuquerque PIs can't be rich - especially if they're on their own.

Come on men. Even w/o confirmation they must know you're reading this periodically. Try to remember why you went into law enforcement in the first place. Surely in your teens or early 20s you didn't think to yourselves, "I know what my calling is. I want to join the APD so I can slowly dissolve into a morally corrupt coward." Reclaim some of that strength, idealism, even machismo - whatever it was - that you once had.

Asked on Monday, May 19, 2008 at 01:58:06 PM
Reply: I hope the right person reads this. I know he or she is out there, and I pray every night that he or she will contact us.

Real Crimes web site?

Question: What is that Real Crimes web site you talked about below. Does that have to do with Kait's mudeer?

Asked on Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 03:36:21 PM
Reply: The Real Crimes site contains over 40 cases in which the families believe their loved ones murders were covered up by law enforcement. About half those cases are from the Albuquerque area. Kait's case is one of those.

It's interesting to see the links between some of those cases. Read the Nathan Romero case. Nathan was killed in Albuquerque by an Asian gang. Steve Gallegos, the detective in charge of Kait's case, was also the case detective on Nathan's case. When Nathan's mother called APD to complain about the fact that the gang members (two of whom had been identified by witnesses) weren't being investigated, the captain she spoke to bellowed at her, "We know who killed your son, just like we know who killed Kaitlyn Arquette. This is police business! Butt out!"

Read the Peter Klunck case. Peter was shot to death by APD Officer Matt Griffin. Griffin, who rode motorcycles with the vietnamese group, was one of the cops who partied at the chop shop on Arno, where the VW bug fled after leaving the scene of Kait's shooting. Peter Klunck worked at that body shop and also, allegedly, sold drugs for Griffin. In July, 1989, Griffin was charged with multiple bank robberies and murder of a witness. His accomplices were never identified. One week later Kait was shot to death.

Read the Stephen Haar case. Shortly before Stephen's murder, he tried to get in touch with our private investigator. (His number turned up on her answering machine.) At that time, Stephen was living at the same address as Kait's next door neighbor, the one who told police he saw Kait followed from her apartment by a VW bug. Before our PI could get back to him, Stephen was murdered in the home of an APD snitch.

I don't pretend to know how/if these murders are linked to the things Kait found out about and was in a position to expose, but how much coincidence can there be? I hope you will visit that Web site. It makes for fascinating and horrifying reading.

Jodi322 (has nothing to do with Jodi322 + All.)

Question: Well, I for one am very upset with the past few posts! Models, 2008 elections, ect. have absolutly nothing to do with the purpose of this site. Quit posting such stupid things!!! The purpose of this site was to help find the culprete(s) of Katlyn Clare Aequette's death, nothing more, nor less.
-Jodi322
P.S.,
Mrs. Lois Duncan, this had nothing to do with any findings on the case (just saying, we don't want any confusion)...

Asked on Friday, May 16, 2008 at 03:42:25 PM
Reply: Agreed.

stick to the subject matter...

Question: What does Barrack Obama have to do with any of this? Focus.

Asked on Friday, May 16, 2008 at 02:48:38 PM
Reply: As I said below, Obama has nothing to do with this. As far as we can determine, the corruption was at local and state level.

status

Question: what is the status of "Operation Black Robe"? has anyone heard anything? How about Manny's trial? i believe the federal prosecutors are trying to get him to roll on the judicial group. Think they (the democratic power structure) are stalling and hoping/waiting for Mr. Obama, from Chicago, to get in the white house? Pull some strings at the highest level? someone needs to keep this investigation in public view or it will evaporate.

Anyone have any info?

Asked on Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 08:43:59 PM
Reply: I don't have the answers to those questions, and I don't think they pertain to Kait's case. Mr. Obama was certainly not around at that time.

Russ Young

Question: Why can't Russ Young give you answers if he supposedly knows who did it?

Asked on Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 02:29:52 PM
Reply: He could. But he won't. He doesn't want to get involved.

To Kait's Mom.

Question: Hi!,

I work in the library here in my home state of NC and was an avid reader of all of your fiction books when I was young. Since the library here is pretty dull at times, I decided to look your name up in our catalog to find out if I missed reading any of your books. To the looks of it, I did miss one and it was this book, "Who Killed My Daughter?". I just finished reading this book a couple of minutes of ago in shock with certain parts and was curious to ask you some quesitons::

1.) Do you still beleive in information psychics reveal? If so, I have dreams sometimes that turn out to be evident in reality a couple of days later that are exactly the same (as in events or circumstances). Does that have anything to do with psychic phenomena?

2.) Have you followed up on Betty or any of the psychics on further information about the possible suspects and the whereabouts of Miguel and Juvo? Are all of the possible suspects still in sight?

I have a gut feeling that this case WILL be solved. It's only a matter of time before it will be.

Asked on Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 01:45:48 PM
Reply: As you know from my book, I originally was a skeptic about psychic phenomena. Our experiences with psychics after Kait's murder were a startling revelation. I now believe that (although there are many fake psychics, trying to rip people off), there definitely are people with psychic ability. From what you describe, you are one of them.

What you describe experiencing is "precognitive dreaming." In 1927, J.W. Dunne published the first book to attract public attention to that subject. He claimed that nearly everyone has such dreams, but that most of us fail to recognize them. Sigmund Freud, the psychiatrist who brought dreams to the attention of science, believed that sleep creates favorable conditions for telepathy.

I'm not currently consulting psychics. I feel we received all the information we were meant to receive from that source. Although I continue to receive information in dreams that our private investigators are able to confirm.

As for the possible suspects: I don't know where any of the Vietnamese are. The three Hispanic suspects allegedly are still in Albuquerque. Paul Apodaca is now out of prison. I don't know where he's living.

Many of the police officers who were involved in the cover-up of Kait's murder have either retired or been kicked off the force for one reason of another. Several of the ones who retired are now private investigators.

heather wilson

Question: I am not sure if you are aware that Heather Wilson is running for the senate seat here in N.M. But it may be worth the try to get her involved, she is very nice, and is willing to stand up for people. Just a thought

Asked on Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 09:10:58 AM
Reply: I hope you're right about her character and courage. She will need both if she hopes to influence the NM State Senate.

who killed my daughter?

Question: does your book contain everything?
did you make some parts up?

Asked on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 11:37:30 AM
Reply: WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? contains everything that happened up until Sept. 18, 1991, when I submitted the book for publication. The things we have learned in the intervening years are on this Web site. Of course, those things are not in my book, because I didn't know about them when I wrote the book.

Nothing in the book is fiction. The publisher's legal department went over the manuscript carefully to make sure that every statement was documented.

MUST LOOK AT

Question: ON THE NIGHT OF THE MUDDER I HAVE HAD A LOOK AT THE PHOTOS
AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE SHE WAS STALKED BY THE ASSLANT
THIS MEANS THE THE PORSEN KNEW HER THE BULLET HOLE IN THE SIDE OF CAR MEANS
SHE GOT AWAY BUT THEY SHOT THE TRYER WICH MADE THE CAR GO INTO THE POST
THE ASSLNT THEN WHENT TO THE DRIVER SIDE AND FIRED A SHOT SMASHING THE GLASS
IT HIT HER IN THE NOSE SHE THE CLIMB INTO PASSNGER SEAT AND TRYED TO GET OUT OF THE OTHER DOOR AND THE IS WHEN THE FINLE SHOT WAS FIRED SHE DIED ON THE SEAT WITH HER HEAD HANGING OUT THE DOOR.SHE OR HER BOYFREIND MUST HAD AN ENAMY
THEAY WOULD HAVE KNOWLADGE OF WHAT ROUTE SHE TAKES THEAY WOULD HAVE KNOWN
THE WHERE ABOUTS OF HER ADDESS THIS WAS A PLANED KILLING VEARY ORGANISED
THE ASSALNT HAD A MAGNAM 45 THE OTHER ONE HAD A NINE MILAMETER TWO DIFFERNT GUNS WHERE YOUSED.THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A PICK UP CAR.
GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING THE RELL KILLER.

Asked on Monday, May 12, 2008 at 01:37:31 AM
Reply: Thank you for your comments. However, what you describe doesn't mesh with the physical evidence. Kait was shot in the side of the head, not in the nose, and those shots destroyed her brain. She could not have crawled across the seats. I agree with you that two guns were used, but they both could not have been large caliber. If the bullets that entered Kait's head had been large caliber, there either would have been exit holes or the bullets would have been found in her head.

Kait's mom

Question: Lois, I hope you have a wonderful mother\'s day, if anyone deserves it, it's you!!!

Asked on Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 06:29:53 PM
Reply: Thank you. I heard from all my five children. Four by phone and e-mail and one in a dream.

Russ Young

Question: I have reason to believe that "Russ Young," who told Lois's cousin that a member of APD drove him to the site of the shooting and told him, "These people (the Arquettes) are never going to get anywhere. The department's totally corrupt. This was a professional hit, and APD is covering it so as not to rock the boat," may be William R. (nickname "Russ') Young. At one time, and possibly still, he was Secretary-Editor of the Honourable Company of Horners.

If this is the right person, he has the information that can solve Kait's case and also expose the police cover-up. He lives in Santa Fe.

Asked on Thursday, May 08, 2008 at 05:51:21 PM
Reply: You are probably right. The gun Mr. Young was interested in when he visited my cousin was a powder horn.

Hello.

Question: Hello. As I finished reading Who Killed My Daughter? I began to wonder how you pulled yourself together enough to re-live every single thing by writing the entire story over again. Just how did you do it though? You are such a strong woman and I commend you on that. Best wishes.
-Thanks.

Asked on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 07:49:58 PM
Reply: The writing itself wasn't hard because I'd kept detailed notes in a journal right from the beginning. I had also taped every phone conversation, so I didn't have to depend upon my memory to get the details right. Then I just sat down at the computer and let the story flow out through my fingers. I firmly believe it was "channeled" from some source beyond myself, because I can hardly remember writing it.

Most unbelievable of all, it fell onto the page in a finished form. With my novels I do revision after revision, and then my editor requests other revisions, and on and on it goes. I didn't have to change one single word of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. The first draft was the final draft.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next