Displaying 4161 - 4180 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 209 of 276)

Bullets

Question: I think the reason so many posters ask questions or have different theories about the disappearing bullets - especially the ones inside Kait's head - is because it's hard to believe a bullet could shatter like that just from hitting a person's head. I don't remember from the book, were you actually able to verify that this was a legitimate explanation? Have there been other instances of it happening? If someone with specific forensics and/or medical knowledge is reading this feel free to reply by posting yourself, and spare Lois from addressing the same issue again.

Asked on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 06:42:34 PM
Reply: Several people with forensic backgrounds have told us that it would be highly unusual -- but not impossible -- for small caliber bullets to shatter in a victim's head and be swept away in the blood stream. We were surprised to hear that. But it makes more sense than the idea of the medical examiner or somebody else digging the bullets out of Kait's head and disposing of them.

I support your question -- if there's anybody out there with forensic knowledge who can respond to that issue, please, post.

Bullents and Casings...Who Killed My Daughter?

Question: I first began reading Kait's story at the end of my seventh grade year. Unfortunatly at that time, I wasn't able to finish reading the book, but I have thought about it every time a similar event occured in the media and everytime I was in a book store, and her story has deeply affected me. Until recently I had never been sure of the title, and it had been approximatly 12 years since I had first laid eyes upon this case. Today I found it again picked it up and read it through cover to cover. Realizing the time which has spanned since her death and now I came online for an update only to discover her case is still unsolved.

What I am most curious about is the lack of bullets or casings found at the crime scene, or with Kait. Since there are no exit wounds the bullents would have to have been lodged within Kait and not having them suggests the extent of "the arm of the law" into the hospital where she was taken to be attended. Have any links been found within the attending hospital staff? Only a surgeon or medic would have the knowledge to remove the bullets and it seems those would be a key peice of evidence. Is there anything that could link the staff to APD, or to any suspects or witnesses?

I am currently a criminal justice student in Texas going into law enforcement, and Kait's story is one of the things which inspired me into this field. Though it may be a small comfort, you and your family are in my prayers, and I vow that within the course of my carrer I will do everything I can to bring resolve to the story every "Kait".

May your Kait's book end soon,

V.G.

Asked on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 11:54:40 PM
Reply: Medical investigators sometimes ARE dishonest, and they often are directed in their conclusions by police officers, who dictate to them what to write in their reports. However, in this case, I don't think that happened. It's more likely that the two bullets in Kait's head were of such small caliber that they shattered into such tiny fragments that they couldn't be located.

But the lack of casings at the scene and the fact that the bullet that penetrated the door frame was allegedly not found in the car are of real concern. The casings must have been gathered up by someone who was at the scene before Criminalistics got there. That, plus the fact that all Criminalistics reports of the second day work-up on the car, during which the third bullet would have been found, have disappeared from the records department and the homicide department, appear to indicate that someone wanted to conceal the fact that the bullet that hit the door was a larger caliber than the bullets that entered Kait's head. If two guns were used, this could not have been disguised as a "random drive-by shooting."

Kaite's murder investigation

Question: Do you have cold case detectives currently working on the case. Altho the police may have been dirty at the time of the murder, perhaps someone new can shed light on the case at this time. Also, this case reminds me so much of the Natalie Hollaway case in the sense that the mother Beth had done everything to bring about justice and reveal the killer of her daughter while she was on spring break in Aruba. Recently the killer was revealed thru a audiotape whereas he confessed to disposing of Natalie's body however justice was never served. It is one thing to find out the truth and another to get "Lady Justice" to convict these monsters. In any event, I believe that Beth Hollaway now sometimes conducts lectures warning parents about the dangers that exist for young girls on spring break. With your talent, perhaps you could do the same in another vein. So many girls are murdered because they believe they are invicible and take dangerous risks with strangers. It seems that Dung was deceitful from the very beginning insasmuch as he even lied about his age. Imagine if your family knew about all the other stuff that he was involved in. I am sure that you would have done your best to break them up as poor judgement and a trusting nature on the part of your daughter led to this tragedy.

Asked on Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 12:23:09 PM
Reply: Although we would like nothing better, we aren't in a position to "have cold case detectives work on the case." As private citizens, we can't assign cases to the APD Cold Case squad. They choose which cases they want to work on and -- since honest and industrious Det. Roberts was transferred out of the department -- nobody there will touch Kait's case.

Perhaps they fear that, if they express an interest in a controversial case that has become an embarrassment to APD, they, too, will be transferred or let go.

I've reached out to both parents and teenagers in the only way my skills allow -- by writing WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? and involving myself in dialog on this message board. WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was written for adults, but, to my surprise, was chosen by the American Library Association as "Best Adult Book for Young Adults" and, by the School Library Journal, "Best Book of the Year."

In a way, it amazes me how many parents are upset by that fact and don't want their children to learn about what happened to Kait. Yet, in another way, it doesn't. We over-protected our own children from the painful realities of life, so I can't condemn other parents for doing the same thing.

when Dung started to cry

Question: What was going on to make Dung start to cry and call you Mom and say he missed his own mother in Vietnam?

Asked on Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 03:53:57 PM
Reply: He saw me baking a cake.

Who Killed My Daughter?

Question: Half way thru reading your book, and it is hard to put down. Actually, my question is...why was your daughter living with such a shady character? I know it is impossible to have control over teenagers, and you have a lovely family, and Kaite seemed like a remarkable girl. But,did she start dating dung at the age of 16? I have a problem with the fact that a teenage girl brought up in a loveing environment and family would take up with a boy like dung, not really knowing much about him, except that he did not come from a stable family and did not have a job, etc.

Perhaps the real lesson from all this is to warn parents to become aware of who their daughters take up with in these troubled times, where drugs are so prevelent. I am very sorry for your loss, and cannot imagine what you and your family have endured. However, there comes a time when you have to let go and realize that the cards may be stacked against you. The police CAN be corrupt, and perhaps what you are fighting is bigger than anything. I was a victim of a scam, and believe me...I know that the police had a coverup going on. I had everything to show to prove the perpetrator guilty, but the DA\'s office was unresponsive I wasted a year of my time trying to convice them with my evidence. After awhile, I had to decide to forget it. It was nothing at all like what you have had to go thru, but it made me realize that we live in a society that coddles the criminal, plus a corrupt criminal system.
Maryann of NY

Asked on Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 02:01:03 PM
Reply: That's a good question And the answer portrays me as an idiot.

Kait was naive and gullible, but no more than we were. No one in our family had ever been exposed to criminal activity and violence. We prided ourselves on not being predjudiced against people of other races. When Kait started dating this sweet and vulnerable boy, alone in a foreign country, we took him into our arms. The first time he called me "Mom" and started to cry because he missed his own mother so much, I melted. For two years, he spent much of his time in our home. He ate many meals with us. He was with us for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He accompanied us on family campouts. We didn't "know" him well because of the language barrior, but we cared about him and wanted to help him.

We also knew that Kait would not end up marrying him. Her goal was to become a doctor, and that meant many years of college and medical school. We thought that, once she graduated from high school, she would find somebody more appropriate to love. We were bracing ourselves to deal with Dung's heartbreak when that happened.

There was nothing to indicate that this loveable young man (who we'd been led to believe was four years younger than he was), was in any way a threat.

The Cop?

Question: Did the person with information about that cop ever contact you by private e-mail? If so was the information helpful?

Asked on Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 03:29:00 PM
Reply: Yes to both questions.

Dung's where abouts

Question: It's been years since I read the book about the loss of your dear daughter. I am sorry for your loss.

Do you know what ever happened to Dung or hsi whereabouts today? Has he ever tried contacting you or visiting Kait's memorial?

Asked on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 10:18:51 AM

answer to last post.

Question: yes, I will. Will you let me know by email if it is the same cop? You promise to not reveal my identity? In what way was he influential in the case, negative or positive in regard to helping you?

Asked on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 11:29:04 AM
Reply: I give you my word, on Kait's name, that I will not reveal your identity to anyone without your permission.

Since I don't know for sure what name you're going to send me, I can't answer your last question. Once you've given me the name, I'll respond by personal e-mail.

people who shot Kait 2

Question: Well then, it really does sound like a police cover-up. I know that you and everyone else who reads this board would be so happy if the person/persons (police officers) who knew what happended would come forward. I know a retired homicide detective who was still working homicides in that year (1989) and the years following, and just listening (in the past) to some of the comments he made, I doubt that anyone from the APD, or who was involved (friendshipwise or romantically)would ever come forward. They were all with the impression that your family was foolish to think that the killing was anything other than a random shooting. I remember even arguing with him and he got really mad at me. And basically told me that I had no idea what was going on and that I should just keep my \"big trap shut.\" And that\'s putting what he said to me nicely.

The only way, I think, that someone that was close to the incident would come foward is if that person was on their death bed and wouldn\'t care if anyone found out that he/she was the rat.

Asked on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 10:19:37 AM
Reply: Please, send us the name of that detective by private e-mail. You don't have to identify yourself, although, if you do, we promise not ever to reveal your idenity. We make that same promise to anyone who contacts us with information.

We will not contact this detective, because we realize that would be futile and it might also create problems for you, which we don't want to do. But we would like to know if he is the SAME detective who has made similar statements to several other people and/or was instrumental in influencing the investigation of Kait's case, and/or was romantically involved with a female (or male) cop who was at the scene that night.

MESSAGE

Question: I HOPE THAT IF NOT NOW THAN ONE DAY ON JUDGEMENT DAY THE CASE WILL BE SOLVED

Asked on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 12:13:08 PM
Reply: It's going to happen sooner than that.

It will happen when one of the good people,who knows what happened and has been afraid to contact us, lands on this Web site and message board and tells himself/herself, "Eighteen years is long enough for this family to be banging their fists against closed doors. I will help them."

people who shot Kait

Question: I don't think the shooters were professionals. If they would have been, they would have made sure she was dead at the scene. If there were two guns used, why weren't there two different shell casings found?

The person or persons who ordered the hit were the pros. Albuquerque is filled with corrupt people starting at the top. I'll be very surprised if this case ever gets figured out by the P.I.

My sincerest regards go out to you to have peace of mind even if this is never solved. One good thing to remember is that the people who were involved will pay some day one way or the other. Karma.

Asked on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 at 10:19:14 AM
Reply: In response to your good question, "If there were two guns, why weren't two different shell casings found?" --

NO shell casings were found. NO bullets were found, in Kait's car or in her head. Everything vanished like smoke.

physic

Question: Have you had any more meetings or conversations with any of the physics since you finished your book? Did they shed any new light on the search? The scariest part of the murder I think is just thinking my daughter's murderer is still either out there or dead.

audrey age 11

Asked on Saturday, June 07, 2008 at 02:00:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting, honey, and for caring about Kait. My book was written for adults, and it concerns me when people your age read it, because it may be too much for them to handle.

You're right. The scariest part of this whole horrendous event is, not only that the killers are out there, but that the people in authority who covered up this case by concealing evidence and altering police reports are still out there, doing the same thing to other cases.

put the story together

Question: Part of Town poster,

You describe a most interesting scenario. While of course regular visitors to this board would like to red more of your ideas, you should really email Ms. Arquette privately so you can lay out the connections you are making. You address some of the real mysteries of Kait's murder, including how Sharon is involved, why there are time discrepancies, etc. You seem to be suggesting that Kait was killed elsewhere and then the care was driven to the site where it was found--which might also explain the bizarre comings and goings of various police officers in the moments after the car wrecked.

But you can't lay this story out clearly and carefully hear. Email the Arquette and lay out your story where you can name names and give them more help. If you have inside information, and it is correct, you might be the person who finally helps all of us learn what happened to Kait and why.

Asked on Thursday, June 05, 2008 at 01:06:13 AM
Reply: Thank you for posting this. Like you, I hope we receive a personal e-mail from the person who seems to have valid information.

Dung

Question: I forgot, where was Dung and his friends staging wrecks? I recently read a book (taking place in Texas January 1989) and the author was in a horrible wreck and a Vietnamese guy was a driver. Did he have to do with any serious wrecks?

Asked on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 at 12:42:01 AM
Reply: Staged wrecks, often, but certainly not always, are orchestrated by Vietnamese gangs. They are nation wide. The largest number occur in California. Next in line is Texas. But they occur all over the U.S.

There is no way to know if the particular wreck you refer to is staged or legitimate.

part of town part 4

Question: then the staged street scene which probably had PA driving her car , and DUen in the bug in case anyone saw. which btw happens to be ANOTHER trail of crumbs to a chop shop where griff and the gang were known to hang, to lead everyone in another direction and to more fall guys that had fallen from their graces. i will post again soon on more thoughts. i hope i have not overstepped my bounds and offended yourself or your family in any way. If i did my most sincere apologies. its always been my nature to scream at the top of my lungs if im sure im right and open my trap and say too much when i have an opinion. Godspeed to you and your family.

signed...... I may not always be right , but ...I AINT never wrong

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:17:24 AM
Reply: You're not offending us at all. We appreciate your thoughts and you have given us new things to consider.

part of town part 3

Question: Now look at what part of town the directions were written to... there is a place mentioned that is right down the street??? think that and party the psychic mentioned.you can bet the ranch that the person she saw and the poster earlier thinks it maybe are the same guy. my timeline : one night she goes with whoever to party,(maybe NOT that night or several nights )sees something (or FORCED to see something in line with the news article a poster linked here) something gets said , argument ensues, snow cone gal is offered the cancelled check they found ,says come to my side of town , maybe goes to said above place, which explains SCG\\\'s conflicting statements , maybe goes back to her house when the murder took place , (which in a criminals mind says to me why she changed story to 9:30 because thats the time it happened and the closer she stays to the truth the better, which is why the first time is ALSO correct except she forgot they went to said place and wanted to knock that out of the timeline.)(btw, the cops had a trail of crumbs to her which tells me she was set up to take the fall w /o her knowing.)continued

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:16:53 AM
Reply: The cancelled check was dated several years before Kait's murder. That could not have been a payment for services involved in Kait's case. If the check truly was written to Sharon, (it may not have been -- this could simply be a strange coincidence with a check written to someone else with the same name) -- the most it would prove is that Sharon was involved with the people who ran that chop shop several years before she moved to Albuquerque.

part of town part 2

Question: So heres my personal feel after reading all the info i have. Vietnemeese gang? No way on earth. yes, they had involvment and set it up but thats as far as it goes.The pier one connection might connect "logically" but im sure thats where people may have wanted to lead you. maybe not? just my opinion. theres a couple of things that lead me on a path some recent posters have tried to steer u towards. im sure this has been said to u , but look at the directions in the car...no glass on top? funny how its on top. and where it is . a little to easy to find . like someone just has the directions in their hand while driving AFTER they have been somewhere???? continued

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:14:55 AM
Reply: You're right. No glass on top of the note. We've wondered about that too.

\\\"part of town\\\" is the direction to follow

Question: First, i am sorry for your loss.i found this site googling a friend who just passed.i remember your daughters story at the time was widely reported. i attended the same high school (at a later time) and her memory still burns bright. i Have tried to read a lot of the posts and where i dont belive in the psychic phenomena , i do beleive and trust my 6th sense that god gave to me that i use to read people when i meet them. I have always been a people watcher and can usually come to a pretty close conclusion on who someone is and what they are about in the first 10 minutes. I know u get info from all sorts of people. Im not sure if i can help, but think there is one person who i have not seen come up in all the posts and news i have read. wont say here though and also had a direct involvement with this person around that time, and he that had an involvement with a person stated in the news, but was at different location. also heard stories about said people and said house think prominent attorneys in abq "continued"..

Asked on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 at 12:11:53 AM
Reply: PLEASE, SEND US THAT INFORMATION BY PRIVATE E-MAIL.

Ecucated Guess

Question: From: N

This scene raises alot of question. My main question is why didn\'t they finish her off they had already shot her twice why not kill her. There was no one to hear the gunshots. They must have pulled the bullets from her body which must have taken a while. The place where she was was planned out. The cops had to be dirty. responding to a crime scene in 40 seconds kinda fast don\'t you think also if she was that close she should have heard something. Dung must have gotten her into something big then developed a conscious my guess is he probaly might have tried to do something which would explain why he was hurt. If he had planned this I don\'t think he would have hurt himself. They had to know where she was. Someone much bigger then dung must be involed with connections to police. This was very careully planned. I\'ll try and get your book and read it. I hope this information is useful too you. But these things I can almost guranttee

1. Dung was not the person who killed her
2. Some if not all the cops were dirty
3. There has to be a reason why they didn\'t finish killing her why shoot someone two times and just stop someone or something must have happened for them to stop
4. Her friend is obviously a part of this somehow that I gurantee

I hope this isn\'t something you don\'t already know

Asked on Sunday, June 01, 2008 at 06:22:21 AM
Reply: I agree with your conclusions.

However, I don't think it would have been possible for the killer(s) to "pull the bullets from her body." They most likely shattered in her head. Which means they had to have been small caliber -- probably 22s. The hole in the car door frame appears to be too large to have been made by a 22. Which would mean that two guns were used.

Don Roberts cntd.

Question: I apologize if you've answered this question already elsewhere on your site or in these posts, but did you try, successfully or unsuccessfully, to talk to Roberts after he was reassigned? What, if anything, did he have to say about his reassignment and your case after that?

Asked on Friday, May 30, 2008 at 12:45:23 PM
Reply: Our P.I. spoke with Det. Roberts after he was reassigned. He advised her to take her questions and concerns to the Cold Case Unit, because he could no longer work on Kait's case. The remaining members of the Cold Case Unit had no interest in Kait's case, the the investigation that Roberts had instigated was dropped.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next