Displaying 4141 - 4160 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 208 of 276)

manny aragon winning car

Question: it was probably rigged! he needs a car like he needs money.

Asked on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 01:37:51 PM
Reply: He says he does needs money. I read something on line abot a fund his friends and supporters were building up to pay his legal expenses. Can't remember the details of that. Maybe somebody here can supply those.

Rod

Question: I would like to thank Rod for removing the stuck vase in the cemetary. I tried and couln't remove it. I was afraid the flowers would wilt without water in this heat.
By the way, Manny Aragon won a car at Isleta Casino. It was in the Alb. Journal last week. It sure is taking a long time for his trial. I hope it won't be swept under the rug.

Asked on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 04:23:47 PM
Reply: I, too, thank Rod.

Bittersweet

Question: I loved your books when I was younger and didn't even know about your daughter's death until about a year ago when I was cruising the internet one day and looking for some of your books as a trip down memory lane. When I came across this site, i was hooked and spent hours reading the case and the messages. Every few months I check back to see if there are new developments. What is amazing is that after all of this time, there are always fresh and new messages from people that care and want to help. You have a special gift of writing and I am sure that as an author it was incredible to be published and have so many books that have been read by millions. That is something not many authors accomplish...But what's so interesting about that to me is the fact that it's your gift and talent of writing that has enabled the case to stay in the forefront of so many people's minds. It's seems a bittersweet destiny that your gift has been the reason that Kait's story continues. However, I think it's wonderful that you continue to push forward and use the skills you were given to make a difference, and hopefully push someone that knows the truth to come foreward! That being said, I wanted to ask one question: if you were able to learn the truth about the murder, would that be enough to give you peace? Or are you determined to see justice served against the people involved? Of course we all hope for justice, but if that wasn't possible, at this point is KNOWING the truth enough? Time seems to weigh on the conscience-and I hope that one day someone will find the stregnth to do what is right and come foreward, I believe eventually someone will. I wish you all the best.

Asked on Monday, July 21, 2008 at 09:35:30 PM
Reply: Your message struck a resonating chord with me, because I've been thinking for years about this exact same thing. It's as if every step of the road I have traveled since birth was predestined to place me in a position to be able to do what I was going to need to do at life's most terrible crisis point -- write WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

On top of that, many of my "kid readers," like you, have grown up and, remembering my books from their own teenage years, have hunted me up on the Internet and stumbled upon Kait's case. And many of those former "kids" are now in a position to help and advise us -- they're homicide detectives, forensic experts, private investigators, insurance claims investigators, investigative reporters, attorneys and paralegals, FBI agents, etc.

In WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, I include a quote from Joseph Campbell: "When you reach an advanced age and look back over your lifetime, it can seem to have had a consistent order and plan, as though composed by some novelist. Events that, when they occurred, had seemed accidental and of little moment turn out to have been indispensable factors in the composition of a constant plot ... People whom you will have met apparently by mere chance become leading agents in the structuring of your life; so, too, will you have served unknowingly as an agent giving meaning to the lives of others ... It is even as though there were a single intention behind it all, which always makes some kind of sense, though none of us knows what the sense might be, or has lived the life that he quite intended."

In response to your last question -- (I'm not speaking for all members of our family) -- for me, this has never been about revenge. I figure the shooters, themselves, are either dead or soon will be by the hands of the people they associate with. My goal is, not just to learn the truth about Kait's murder and the APD cover-up, but to expose it. Because Kait's murder is far from the only such case that has been covered up by corrupt cops and those who pay them off or have them so intimidated that they meekly do whatever they are directed to do in order to protect themselves, their jobs and their families. Visit the Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.com, and read about others. This cannot be allowed to continue with nobody having the courage to stand up and yell, "STOP!"

Several cops at APD did exactly that in regard to the evidence room scandal. I can't tell you how much I admire those courageous people.

Rod's message. part 1

Question: Rod, your first thought was that Dung "knew" and had killed Kait and might kill you as well. It makes sense that you would have assumed that her killing might have been motivated by Jealousy. But Kait's mom made a very significant comment--that your subconscious may hold a key. Think of it this way: if Kait had "disappeared" or been killed in one of the usual ways that jealous boyfriends and husbands kill women they profess to "love," your conscious explanation would fit with what you read in the paper. But Kait's killing looked like a random drive-by (Albuqueque law enforcements' official position).

The question is: what did you know about Dung that made you sure that he was responsible for Kait's murder (although he may not have pulled the trigger) and that you might be in danger as well? This feeling you had coincides with psychic information that said Kait may have been worried that what she knew endangered her loved ones as well as herself.

What might Kait have said--even in jest--that would allowed you to know that Dung was responsible?
Something she said or you observed lead you to be sure he could be involved in murder.

Thanks for sharing your memories and observations. Kait was lucky to have a boyfriend like you.

Asked on Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 10:17:07 PM
Reply: I'll leave this for Rod to respond to.

Rod

Question: Dear Rod,

Isn't there some way you could find out for the Arquette's who shot and killed Kait. There has to be someone that she mentioned that might have given you a clue. By you not answering a lot of the unanswered questions that many of us have had, I'm thinking you really didn't know Kait that well. Were you starting out in your relationship with her? That would explain why she wouldn't have felt comfortable confiding in you. Or maybe she didn't want you involved with any of it.

Asked on Friday, July 18, 2008 at 01:25:27 PM
Reply: I'll leave all questions addressed to Rod for him to answer.

from Rod with thanks

Question: Yes, I still live in Albuquerque and I visited Kait's grave at sunset this evening. I would like to thank whomever left the orange flowers. I was able to remove the stuck vase and put them in along with the flowers I brought. I will send Lois the picture I took of them. It was very thoughtful.

Asked on Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 07:38:06 PM

19 years

Question: I can't believe it's been this long. Whoever you are, person or people that know, please let the Arquettes off the hook. Lois & Don and the children need to know what happened.

APD, unless you have a MAJOR shakeup in personnel, I don't see you doing anything productive with this case... you're a poor example of the law enforcement system.

Rod, thank you for posting your thoughts. I hope you continue to do this.

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 09:17:54 PM
Reply: Rod's subconscious may hold more information than he realizes, so I'm glad he continues to stay involved with Kait's case and to keep his mind open to "signs" from her.

Another thing Betty Muench said about him in her reading in 1993:

“There is a key, a small and seemingly insignificant key, that Rod will possess and he does not quite know what it is. He will feel some urgency however in this. Something that Kait will have said in seeming jest and yet it will be the key.”

kait\

Question: I am really sad, I go from time to time to Kait\'s grave and there is never anybody there and she very rarely has flowers. Me and my daughter went once and took flowers to her. I realise that her family is not in Albuquerque, but it still makes me sad.

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 04:13:02 PM
Reply: We visit Albuquerque once a year and put flowers on Kait's grave. When we do that, I always look in the metal vase by her grave marker to see if anyone has left a message for us or for Kait. Occasionally somebody does.

Rod

Question: Does Rod still live in Albuquerque?

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 03:21:16 PM
Reply: I'll let Rod respond to this.

Rod

Question: Are you still in Albuquerque?

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 03:05:37 PM
Reply: I'll let Rod respond to any questions that are asked about him.

19th anniversary from "Rod" part 2 cont

Question: cont...

The newsprint got completely soaked and the rubbing looked horrible. You couldn’t make out what Lois wrote for her daughters grave. Once the sprinklers stopped, and my chuckles subsided, I got a few towels from my trunk and dried off her grave marker. I pulled another sheet of newsprint and got to work again. I was unable to determine what I was doing wrong, but what I thought would be a perfect duplicate of the sweet words on Kait’s marker was more of a smudged puzzle of marks vaguely resembling anything.

The sun was starting to set, so I put aside the newsprint and put a new white candle I had purchased onto Kait’s marker. Of course now the wind decided to whip up and keeping her candle lit became troublesome. Nature was intent on helping Kait make a wish this year, and far be it for me to deny her. After a few more moments of contemplation, I picked up her candle, the charcoal sticks, and the failed rubbing attempts, and went back to my car.

I blew a kiss in the direction of her grave and whispered, “Maybe this year, kiddo.”

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 01:32:02 AM

19th anniversary from \"Rod\" part 2

Question: 35 years old. I’d been 35 for three months when I headed for Sunset Memorial Park an hour before sunset. I had my laptop, a large binder full of newsprint, and some charcoal sticks. I had been planning to due a rubbing of her gravestone for years, but never felt up to the task. My 35th year had been life altering though, so I thought this would be the birthday I would finally get it done.
As usual, only a few cars were scattered throughout the grounds when I pulled up to the big tree that sits in line with Kait’s grave at the corner of Canna & Rose within the cemetery. The first duty of my ritual is to kiss the first two fingers of my right hand and gently tap the marker that denotes Kait lies sweetly within the ground. Then a “Hiya Kiddo”, though I don’t know why I use ‘kiddo’ as I was only 3 months older than her and never called her that when she was alive.
For the most part, the cemetery keeps Kait’s grave marker clear of overgrowth, but I pulled a few strands of grass away to keep the edge clean. I sat the pad down and began to rip one large page from the binder. It didn’t completely cover Kait’s grave marker. I opened the charcoal container, which contained 3 sticks. I took one out and started to brush the page on top of the gravestone with it. About half way into the rubbing, the sprinklers turned on and started blasting me from several directions with water.
I started laughing, as even 16 years later; some remnant of Kait must reside here as this feels like the kind of thing she would do to get me.

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 01:30:24 AM
Reply: Rod, this story is fascinating in light of a reading that psychic, Betty Muench, did in 1993. You had just revealed yourself to us, and we weren't sure if you truly WERE Kait's secret second boyfriend or what your relationship with her -- if it truly existed -- might have been. In other words, we were deciding whether or not to trust you.

So, without your knowing, I had Betty Muench do a reading on you. All of it was positive, but there was one particular thing she said that is reflected in your story of Kait's "getting you" and making you laugh when you were trying to do this rubbing in the cemetary:

Betty said: "There will be this sense of a special humor between Kait and Rod that formed a bond of affinity. There will be this which he will seem to miss very much, for now he knows he cannot laugh with her any longer .... To him this sense of the humor that existed between him and Kait seems diminished, but NOT TO HER!!!

19th anniversary from "Rod" part 1

Question: I remember exactly where I was with vivid detail when I learned that Kait was dead. I somewhat remember our first kiss, vaguely remember when we met, but I remember that moment on the morning of July 18, 1989 like it was today.
I was at the Winchell’s donut shop on Wyoming, just south of Menual with my father when he set the paper down on the table after getting us some donuts. Though I love the smell of coffee and occasionally drink it, it runs right through me so I rarely get it, and this day was no exception. Apple fritter, that’s the donut I had.

“Honor Student Dies Following Car Shooting” the paper read. “Oh that’s sad,” I thought an instant before my world began to spin like a top thrown haphazardly by a toddler. “That looks like Kait!” I thought as I grabbed the paper. “Oh my god. This can’t be,” I continued to think as my heart seized. “We’re going to Cliff’s this weekend,” I kept repeating over and over again in my head.

I read the story, and reread the story, hungrily trying to find the page that said that the Journal apologized for getting the facts incorrect and that Kait was indeed fine and well at home. Then my thoughts turned dark. “Dung knows.” I thought to myself, “He killed Kait and now he’s going to kill me.”

I looked around the donut shop to see if any Vietnamese males were waiting in the wings to execute me too. There weren’t any. That was the exact moment when I ‘died.’ It wasn’t a literal death, but the person I was supposed to become would never see another day.

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 01:25:49 AM

19th anniversary from "Rod"

Question: On this 19th anniversary, I thought I would post some writings I’ve done over the years when I throw myself back into the emotional mire of my existence without Kait. I’m in no way the author Lois is, but I hope you all find this literary exchange an interesting glimpse into “Rod”...

Asked on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 01:23:54 AM

Kait Question

Question: Did you ever locate the "Rod" that was mentioned in your book?

Asked on Thursday, July 03, 2008 at 05:24:47 PM
Reply: I didn't locate Rod, ROD located ME. He contacted me after reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? He was, indeed, Kait's "secret boyfriend," but was not the person who took her to The Desert Castle.

Not a drive-by

Question: Judging by Kait's car alone, you can tell this was not a drive-by shooting. I don't know the speed limit of where this occured, but if someone drove by and just shot someone, the car's damage would be more severe than if someone was in the process of slowing down when being chased off the road. That's my observation. On my way home from Arizona, I drove through Albuquerque and thought about your family the rest of the trip.

Asked on Thursday, July 03, 2008 at 11:32:07 AM
Reply: Also, if Kait had been holding the steering wheel and driving when she was shot in the left side of the head, her grip on the wheel would have caused the car to veer right as she fell to the right.

The car would not have gone left.

Charles/Manny Aragon news article July 2, 2008

Question:
URL: http://www.abqjournal.com/news/state/02127807-02-08.htm

Asked on Thursday, July 03, 2008 at 07:31:18 AM
Reply: The person who posted this URL is alerting us to an article in the Albuquerque Journal. Chuck Aragon, (the brother of Manny Aragon, who was president pro tem of the New Mexico State Senate at the time of Kait's death) has been arrested at a Border Patrol check point and charged with possession with intent to distribute almost half a million dollars worth of marijuana. Chuck has two prior federal drug convictions, one of which was for being chief financier of a multi-state drug smuggling operation at the time of Kait's murder. I describe that operation on pg. 314 of the paperback edition of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, but don't identify Chuck by name, as my publisher was afraid of upsetting the senator by implicating his family in criminal activities.

However, now that Manny, himself, has been charged with fourteen counts of conspiracy, mail fraud and money laundering, I guess we no longer need to worry about smearing his family name.

time

Question: Almost 11 years ago, I was sitting in my first high school English class ever. My teacher was passionate about books, including yours. Not only did he praise your books, but he made us all aware of what had happened to Kait. We had lengthy discussions about the case all year long.

It sickens me to know that corruption to this extent really and truly exists, especially in a large city. I would assume there must be some important people involved for it to have gone this far.

I won't lie - I couldn't bring myself to read the book about Kait. It breaks my heart just to get online and read this website. But I still think of her. It seems silly, but she just seems like the kind of person I would have wanted to be friends with. So when I look up this site, I always hope that instead of the webpage asking "Who Killed Kait Arquette?" it will instead say "We Know Who Killed Kait Arquette."

It hasn't happened yet. But I look forward to the day that it does. Not just for her family and friends, but for Kait as well. I wholeheartedly believe she was trying to do what she thought was right. I also believe that there is someone out there who will do what's right, and will finally speak for Kait.

Asked on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 at 08:37:26 PM
Reply: Thank you for this kind message. We, too, believe she was trying to do what was right. She just didn't do it soon enough.

Bullets .22 caliber

Question: I think it is very possible that the bullet might shatter enough that you wouldn't be able to find pieces large enough for comparison purposes, but I can't forsee it shattering and entering the blood stream. First of all, when the bullet enters the brain there will be death fairly quickly. For bullet fragments to enter the blood stream, the heart will still have to be beating to allow the blood to continue to flow. I just don't seem how that would be possible. Perhaps the fragments were lost when the blood flowed out of the head.... but not into the blood stream of his body.

forensic biologist

Asked on Friday, June 27, 2008 at 12:09:05 PM
Reply: Kait's heart continued to beat for twenty hours after she was shot. She was in a coma, on life support.

N

Question: Hello Ms. Duncan this is N again I don't think you probalu remmber me but to get to the point.

1. It wan't Dung Who killed Kait. He's was obviously too much of a coward. My guess is Kait knew something and Dung being the coward he is panicked and went to the higher up person in the orginization which led to Kaits murder. Then im guessing he had a moment of regret but whoever was over him shut him up.

2. Whoever was over dung is responsible

3. Whoever it was is probaly keeping tabs on this website. So basically the killer knows our every move. And if they are reading this I want them to know that their PATHETIC COWARDS!!!

I need to know is there anyone else. I've manages to piece together my own story of what happened which will explain everything but i don't want to post it. Is there someway I could send it to you. Also I would like you to send me everything that you are 100% sure is true. If you agree to these terms I can't gurantee i can find the killer but i will do my best. So if you agree to these terms please send me and notify me of any secure way we can exchange information. Also I loved your books when I was little and inspired me.

Asked on Friday, June 27, 2008 at 01:02:13 AM
Reply: I'm afraid I can't provide any more information than what appears in my book and on this Web site.

It's also impossible to be 100% sure of anything when everyone tells a different story. All I can do is quote what people said or wrote in their reports and identify who those people were. It's up to you whether to believe Det. Merriman, Officer Wallace, Paul Apodaca, or the two medics who transported Kait to the hospital and say that none of those people was at the scene when rescue arrived.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next