Displaying 4101 - 4120 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 206 of 270)

Kait

Question: I remember Kait from Highland - she sat behind me in Spanish during my junior (her sophomore) year. She was beautiful and such a sweetheart, and of course I was horrified and saddened when I heard about her murder. I'm a mother now, and I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Your strength and determination to keep going until the case is solved is inspiring, and I'll be praying that you find out what happened and bring those responsible to justice.

Asked on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 at 03:26:13 PM
Reply: Thank you for remembering Kait and for having liked her. That means a lot to me.

Desert castle

Question: I have a couple of questions: First, die you ever find out who took Kait to the Desert Castle? Second: The house you describe in the book that you looked at with the animal house and swimming pool and the stairs that you went up on, the house on Tierra Monte, were there any other houses aroung it at that time or was it all by it self? Do you know when it was built?

Asked on Monday, April 07, 2008 at 04:07:52 PM
Reply: No, we don't know who took Kait to the Desert Castle.

I can't tell you details about that house off the top of my head. (Remember, it was 18 years ago that I visited it.) I do have that information somewhere in my files, but would need to hunt for it to find it.

Manny Aragon and the cops

Question:
Don't know for a fact that he owns any of the cops. By owning I mean both in the monitary sense and also owning their lives more or less since they know of the illegal practices he's involved with. It's rumor mill stuff. People fear for their lives when it comes to those families. And just like other posters have mentioned and even on your web site "Real Crimes" If some cops are afraid for their careers, I'm sure that means any cop who gets wind of the illegal practices involving cops/courts/politicians would feel they would have to protect themselves. You can also say that if you were raised and have lived in Burque all your life, it's just common knowledge that that's the way the wheel turns down in the South Valley. It's sad.

Asked on Monday, April 07, 2008 at 02:47:32 PM
Reply: In my book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, I quote a statement by Krishmanurti: "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

From your post, (which I have no reason to doubt), that's what we're dealing with -- a society that accepts the unacceptable. After my book was published, I was contacted by family after family from the Albuquerque area, who were going through the same thing we were. The very same cops who covered up Kait's murder were involved in the cover-ups of their children's cases. (Go to www/realcrimes.com and read the Nathan Romero, Peter Klunck, and Stephen Haar stories. Each of those kids was getting ready to blow the whistle on organized crime in New Mexico, and each of those kids was linked in some way to Kait.

Is there nobody out there with PERSONAL knowledge about this situation who has the courage to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? When the mothers of murder victims speak out, they are labeled "whiners" and told to "get over it."

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: Did you ever speak to the gentleman that took Kaitlyn to the castle?

Asked on Sunday, April 06, 2008 at 01:27:45 PM
Reply: No. But we now feel certain that it wasn't Rod.

the desert castle

Question: Forgive me for quoting from another spot on your site, but this will help me make my point. In Noreen Renier's reading:

"I meet a man in at a parking mall with a C in it. I leave my car and get into his, which has four-wheel drive. We go up the hill to the north to that big place up there. There are walls of some sort around parts of it, but not all of it, because there's a lot of land up there. I want to call it the castle – the ‘Desert Castle.’ There are a lot of other cars. It's a semi-circle driveway. There's an important person there that I'm not supposed to know is there. It's a person I wasn't supposed to see or know about. And I see him! And I see his car, a big, dark limo! I recognize who this person is."

The question is: where are they when they start going north? They could be anywhere in relation to Kait's apartment or her work, but the reading may mean that they were going north from their starting point at the mall lot.

I too looked up Manny's castle.

Asked on Saturday, April 05, 2008 at 11:25:25 PM
Reply: The "parkiing mall with a C in it" would be Coronado Mall, which was about a mile from our house.

Noreen also said that the owner of the Desert Castle "lived on the outskirts of town and definitely east, maybe a bit northeast. If we were put where Kait was found (intersection of Lomas and John Street) and drew a clock around her, I would put his villa maybe at 2 or 2:30. It was a little over 12 miles away."

That sounds like somewhere in Sandia Heights.

Questions

Question: I read your book about kait, and i couldn't believe what had happened you her, you and your family. I read it and it seemed as if it was a largely condensed book that could only have so much information. It seemed like there was more you just could'nt fit, so I had questions.

1.) Why isn't the APD answering you? How can they legally leave you out of this and not tell you anything?

2.) Who is working on this case? If the APD won't do it, who can?

3.) Have you talked to Rod at all since he sent you the flowers? I read about that on Kait's site, in your section for The Tallykeeper.

I wanted to tell you how inredible I really think you are and how amazing the book was. I told everybody I came into contact with about it. I originally got the book from my mom, but I think she didn't read it because she couldn't imagine going through that. I think you're a great author, and I've read your books before. I want to be an author eventually and I'm going to start college this fall for journalism.
I also wondered if there was a site that was all about Kait through out her life, because when I read that book, I got a glimpse of how amazing she seemed. She seemed like a strong willed person with a great taste for curiosity. The book was about her death, but I was wondering about her life. She seemed like an incredible person, just like you.

Asked on Saturday, April 05, 2008 at 03:28:14 PM
Reply: Thank you for your interest in Kait as a person. She was only eighteen when she died, so she hadn't had a very long life, but she lived it to the fullest. She was an honor student and particularly gifted in art. She was very ambitious and wanted to be a doctor. She loved children and was everybody's favorite babysitter. She loved animals -- she and I used to rent horses and ride together. She was overly independent, and she was a risk taker who thought she could handle anything. That's probably what got her killed. She over-estimated her ability to take care of herself and under-estimated the viciousness of the people she was a threat to. She thought she was invincible.

The police don't need to respond to us. The victim's family has no more rights than a stranger. When I was on a national TV show, we paid an organization called WE-TIP $1,200 to allow us to use their 800 number for call-in phone tips. They told us they received so many calls that they had to hire extra staff to handle them. When we tried to get access to the tips, we were told that we, as Kait's family, had no right to them. They could only be given to law enforcement. APD didn't want them and refused to grant permission for us to have them.

2.) Who is working on this case? If the APD won't do it, who can?

Nobody can. APD "owns" Kait's case.

Yes, we've talked with Rod. He loved Kait a lot. He occasionally posts on this message board.

Question: Mrs. duncan:

i am 14 years old and i live down south. i recently read your book and am constantly checking in on this website. i have a few questions

1. why don't you think dung did it?
2. has sharon given you any information
3. i know you dont know who killed kait but do you know why?
4. on the street where it happened, was there any buildings or houses or anything where anyone could have seen what happened?

Also, i just want to say thanks. You are my role model. Seriously, i look up to you in so many ways. Your brave, determined, persistent, smart, witty(i would keep going on but it would take hours to describe how awesome you are). You have been a blessing to so many people and dont forget it. I am so happy that you never gave up. Your like that little engine that thought he couldn't but could. Remember that. You can i know you can. Just think you can.
But, if you dont. I want you to know that it was for a reason. You were put on this earth for soo many reasons. You are a fabulous author, you were a great mom, and you are a role model to so many people. To me mainly hehe. You touched peoples heart and i know kait is looking down at you with a big smile on her face and with god's fingerprint. She had god's touch all along and so do you. Kait never really left you, she was in your heart and in your dreams all along. Keep in mind that even though kait is your natural born daughter, you have daughters all across the world (your fans and readers). We love you mrs duncan and that will never change. Never.

Asked on Friday, April 04, 2008 at 07:19:25 PM
Reply: What a beautiful tribute! I will treasure it. Thank you.

To answer your questions:

1. I don't think Dung did it, because I think he did love Kait.

2. Sharon has given us information, but it doesn't mesh with the facts of the case as we know them and it contradicts statements she made to the police.

3. We believe Kait was killed because she was in a position to expose a large scale drug operation that was protected by certain members of law enforcement.

4. The businesses in the area where Kait was shot were places like car lots and auto repair shops. Since it was a Sunday evening, most of those were closed and there was very little traffic through that area. We do have a witness who drove past the scene immediately after the shooting and saw a uniformed police officer there BEFORE plain clothes detective Merriman, "the first officer at the scene", allegedly arrived. And there were witnesses who saw a VW bug flee the scene and try to take refuge at the auto repair shop on Arno where rogue cops hung out. But we don't have a witness to the shooting itself.

Manny Aragon

Question: To the poster below that says it's not Manny Aragon's fault that the South Valley is so bad. He has been your guardian for the last 40 years, who else would you blame? He was in the legislature for many years a never did anything to improve the education system down there, schools, etc. and he had the power and money to do it. He is the reason the cops are bad. He owns them you moron!

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 03:04:15 PM
Reply: Several of you have commented about Manny "owning" various departments of law enforcement. For those of us who are less aware than you are, could you, please, explain that in detail? Are you talking about monetary pay-offs or something else?

South Valley and it's people

Question: Very tight. Almost like one big family (crime family) most of them anyway. There are a few descent people living down there. The Padillas and Manny own the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Dept. too. I'm telling you, they have a strong hold in that part of town.

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 03:01:09 PM
Reply: Which individuals at the Sheriff's Department do they control?

One more thing on Manny and Los Padillas

Question: They own APD!!!! and the courts!!!

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 02:54:02 PM
Reply: How do they "own" APD? Please, elaborate. Are there particular members of APD who are on their pay roll?

Los Padillas and Manny Aragon

Question: Manny was arrested for DUI and drug possession (marijuana) long before he became the state's president pro tem. He did his mea culpas with the courts and got a slap on the hand. Once he started his career in the legislature, he established a program for ex cons (fresh out of prison) to be able to blend back into society. I forget the name of it. Because that was seen as a good samiratan gesture by the general public (and the blind followers of the South Valley area), he has been able to hide every illegal thing he has ever done. I know people who know his family well and you can trust that he and the Padilla's are well connected. His "castle" in the South Valley is built out of huge boulders. Those that you can find in the upper Rio Grande River Valley. I'm talking huge. The windows all around the house are no bigger than 2x3 feet, and covered with bars. Tell me that isn't protection. Manny knows he's a wanted man. And one day he will get his due!!!!

Asked on Thursday, April 03, 2008 at 02:51:45 PM
Reply: I found a picture of Manny's "castle" on the Internet. It's quite a building.

south valley

Question: manny can be connected to the los padillas, who controlled (s) the south valley. the padillas are a large family with members in all aspects of abq's establishment.

understand that the "black" market is more profitable than its ethical counterpart. until we pay our cops proportionately to their risk, they will always be easy targets for corruption.

Asked on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 08:46:51 PM
Reply: I'm aware of Los Padillas, as most people from New Mexico are. They are the most violent gang in the Southwest, involved in interstate drug trade and the elimination of witnesses.

But Manny Aragon, who was president pro tem of the NM State Senate at the time Kait was murdered, has stated he's never used drugs, and that's never been disproven. His brother, Chuck, was arrested out of state four months after Kait's murder for being chief financiar of a huge drug operation and sentenced to 20 years in prison. Manny denied knowing anything about his brother's illegal activities, and, as far as I know, has never been linked to drugs himself. He now has been charged only with white collar crimes. How could he be connected to Los Padillas?

cultural center

Question: no, the poster refers to the hispanic cultural center, which is indeed in the south valley. i went to my daughter's dance performance there. its right near a drug infested area of the the barelas' neighborhood (spelling). 1701 south 4th street sw.

incidently, i visited Manny's house and was essentially chased out by neighbors for gawking at the house.

Asked on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 08:41:04 PM
Reply: Thanks for that information. We've been gone so long we've lost touch with the community.

South Valley

Question: I'm not the poster below, but I can tell you I used to live in the South Valley and it's not under APD jurisdiction. If you call the cops in the South Valley you get the Benalillo Sheriff Department. Hope this helps! You and your family are in my prayers.

Asked on Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 03:59:51 PM
Reply: That poster refers to the Indian Culture Center, which is in Old Town. Perhaps he used the term "South Valley" to encompass a larger area than most of us visualize.

manny aragon

Question: its not mannys fault the south valley is so bad its the police... you obviously havent "traveled" down here cuz if you did you would know theres more than just the culteralcenter

Asked on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 08:28:47 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting. You sound like someone who is THERE and knows what he/she's talking about.

We left New Mexico in 1992, after WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, because we received death threats to the rest of our family.

Much has happened since then, and we learn about that from on-line editions of Albuquerque papers, from friends in Albuquerque, and from our private investigators. Manny Aragon seems to have gotten into deep trouble, but that particular trouble does not link to Kait's case.

My real interest is in your comments about the police in the South Valley. What more can you tell us about that?

Just a Question

Question: Ms.or Mrs. Duncan, in your book Who Killed My Daughter, I do not recall reading about this Paul person, the one that was first found at the scene. I hope that you find your daughters killer adn the police actually do something! I'm sure your new book that your working on is going to be a great hit! I am for sure going to read it! I really want you to know that you are in my prayers and that justice will be served! The book that I mentioned above is a great novel and wish I could of helped out or gave ideas, but the police did nothing, so there isn't much to get ideas from! I hope you find the killer, don't give up, you'll find him!

Asked on Monday, March 17, 2008 at 06:53:20 PM
Reply: You're right. Paul Apodaca, the first person at the scene, with a long record of violent assaults upon women, was not mentioned in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. I didn't mention him, because I didn't know he existed. The police at the scene concealed the fact that there was such a person. They let him leave the scene without taking any information and never told us or anyone else about him. Even Steve Gallegos, the case detective, didn't know about this violent felon who was standing next to Kait's car when the first officers -- Merriman and Wallace -- arrived.

We learned about him later through private investigation.

John Brennan

Question: Don't know if you came across this site in your search for the latest arrest of former Judge John Brennan, but I found it quite interesting.

Also see,

Asked on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 08:00:50 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting that URL.

I was sympathetic to Judge Brennan when he was arrested with cocaine in his possession, because that's an insidious addiction and it affects many good but weak people. He appeared to be doing the right thing by going through rehab and restarting his life.

But I can't think of any excuse for this latest event. It's dispicable.

In the process of reading the book

Question: It's so hard to put down, I'm on chapter 9 now. I live in Gallup NM, just 2 hours away from Albuquerque. If you don't mind me asking, where did your family move to? Also I am very sorry for your loss and I think, in my heart, that Dung had something to do with it!

Vanessa

PLEASE email me at: vanessa_juliana14@yahoo.com
Thank you.

Asked on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 01:55:17 PM
Reply: Our family split up in all directions after the rest of us began to receive death threats. My husband and I moved to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We didn't know where to go, so we just drove across country until we hit the end of the road.

Our children live in different areas of the country. I don't feel comfortable revealing those locations. But I am glad to say that none of them now lives in New Mexico.

There's no way to know for sure unless the police do a full investigation, but my personal belief is that Dung did not kill Kait and did not want her killed. But there is strong evidence to indicate that he and his friends were at the scene when the shooting took place.

Perla

Question: Hi... i just wanted to let u now that i really enjoyed your book im really sorry to what has happened with your daughter. i hope justice is served one day for you and your family. You and your family are in my prayers.

Asked on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 02:56:59 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring.

Sharon Again...

Question: Has anyone been able to locate Sharon Smith? I read that her boyfriend and her quit their jobs at Pier1 and didn't go back for their checks, perhaps because they'd received one last package. I think she's aware of everything that happened, maybe not all of the details but she knows who killed Kait. This case intrigues me. I have always wanted to be an investigator but never followed through. Instead I became a 4th grade teacher which is equally rewarding. I will continue to read up and help in any way possible.

Asked on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 07:03:14 AM
Reply: We know where Sharon is, but promised us not to reveal that information, so we won't. We keep our promises.

God bless you for being a 4th grade teacher. That's a hard and stressful job, but you are making a tremendous difference in the lives of our beloved children.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next