Displaying 4081 - 4100 of 6013 posts for this case -- (Page 205 of 301)

Patrick Dunworth

Question: I am the person who sent you a private e-mail about former APD Captain Patrick Dunworth. Am wondering if you're following up on that?

Asked on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 02:02:34 PM
Reply: He was Lt. Dunworth at the time of Kait's murder and appears to have directed her investigation. Your information was extremely interesting and, yes, we are following up on it.

We would appreciate hearing from anyone else with information about Patrick Dunworth.

Dung

Question: So dung IS dead? I was just wondering.

Asked on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 03:10:23 PM
Reply: We have no reason to believe that Dung is dead. Do you?

Your Interview

Question: I just read the excellent interview with you at http://tiny.cc/n2pij

I was very impressed and was touched by your husbands comment in the comments section. You must have a very strong marriage to have stayed together throughout this traumatic and never ending ordeal.

Asked on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 12:50:58 PM
Reply: Most marriages (someplace I read 92 percent, but that sounds extreme) fall apart after the death of a child. Dads and Mothers grieve differently Their diverse reactions to their grief drive them apart. When the death of the child is caused by murder, that inserts an additiional cause for separation -- one parent (usually the mother) becomes the tiger, and the other parent (usually the dad) withdraws and wantst them to 'get on with our lives."

I'm not saying this is always the case. Occasionally the dad is the tiger. But not often. Look at our Real Crimes site http://www.realcrimes.com and notice how many stories are posted by mothers as compared to fathers. The mothers are fighting The dads are retreating.

If you've read WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, you already know how close Don and I were to suffering that division. For the reasons I stated above.

Miraculously, we pulled through. My own eyes teared when I read what Don posted about me and our marriage on the comments column of that Web site.

amazing book

Question: I just read your book and honestly i am very surprised this book was not just a true crime book to me this was also something more spiritual and it made me feel like I knew your daughter for one brief second in time. This book has me thinking about psychics and what happens on the other side.This was my first time crying at the end of a book.I'm intrigued by your experiences with your daughter after death and would love to know of any of the books that you read during the investigation.

sincerely, one of you readers jen

Asked on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 05:06:37 PM
Reply: As you know from my book, the book that started me down this path was MANY LIVES, MANY MASTERS by Brian Weiss. i still think that book is one of the most convincing accounts I've ever read.

But the main research I did on this subject was done after my own book was published. Parapsychologist, Dr. William Roll, (you met him in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?) asked me to coauthor a book for teenagers that would be a comprehensive coverage of every area of parapsychology from near-death experiences to clairvoyance to astral projection (remote viewing). Bill's background as a former researcher at the Parapsychology Laboratory of Duke University and past president of the Oxford University Society for Psychical Research, provided connections everywhere, so I was able to visit labs where experiments were being conducted, observe the results, and interview subjects of those experiments as well as authors of professional journal articles. Bill's and my collaborative effort, PSYCHIC CONNECTIONS: a jOURNEY INTO THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD OF PSI, was published in 1995. However, it was not successful, because schools librarians were afraid of having it challenged. (Strange that my fictional novels about the same subjects are seldom challenged, but a book that presented the subjects as reality was seen as scary.) Needless to say, the book is now out of print.

The good thing that came out of this for me was that, with Bill as my mentor, it was like taking a crash course in parapsychology. And, of course, I read everything Bill and his fellow parapsychologists recommended. I can't begin to list the number of books that went into that bibliography. Authors whose books you might want to look for are Brian Weiss, Kenneth Ring, Raymond Moody, Marcello Truzzi, Arthur Berger, Rabbi Yonassan Gershom --(his book BEYOND THE ASHES: CASES OF REINCARNATION FROM THE HOLOCAUST is mesmorizing) -- Ian Stevsen, Louisa Rhine and Charles Tart.

These authors don't all agree with each other. Each has his or her own view of paranormal events; some concentrate on anecdotal evidence and others upon laboratory research.

In the end, we all have to form our own belief systems based upon our personal background and life experiences. I personally believe that several of the most popular psychics of the day are not authentic, they're simply good showmen. Or, more likely, they started out with some degree of true psychic ability and lost it when they started tryiing to commercialize it on TV shows. One such psychic I find particularly offensive because people have e-mailed me about their own experiences with her, and it's obvious all she was doing was ripping them off.

hello

Question: Lois, I am wondering if you ever found out who the two female friends were that were with Ray Padilla? Also, did you hear about Tara Chavez? A grand jury indicted Levi Chavez with her murder...the police are finally getting around to firing him...maybe? It is beyond my understanding why they would keep him on the payroll.

Asked on Friday, April 15, 2011 at 06:20:08 PM
Reply: According to public records, the two women who were with Ray Padilla when he slashed his wrist and who then cut themselves to "keep him company" were named Elena Chavez, and Kathy Sanchez.

Yes, I've been following the Tara Chavez case via the Internet.

I can't respond to your question about why APD does what they do, because their innerworkings are a mystery to me.

Vietnamese Involvement

Question: I'm sure that this has been brought up or thought of- but one of the readings said something about a snake- that the meetings took place under a snake and that it would become the symbol for this group of Vietnamese men (as in their gang I would assume).

After some research I found that in the Vietnamese culture, the snake is commonly represented as a dragon. Dragon statues are far more prevalent I would assume than snakes. They are also more common symbolically on flags and for various groups. I know that the readings can be "iffy" but it was just a thought.

The Black Dragons are a sub-sect of the Vietnamese Mafia (if my research is correct).

All speculation... but possible...

Asked on Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 03:15:06 PM
Reply: Yes, definitely possible. Psychic readings, (even the best ones, by gifted and honest psychics), are almost never right on target. They hit somewhere around the target. (The term for that is "displacement."

Also, I'm told that people who smuggled drugs from Asia into our country are known as "snake heads."

Unsolved Mysteries

Question: I watch the show every day hoping to catch Kait's segment. It was just aired again. You are a strong woman, and I can't wait for the fruits of your efforts to be harvested. I just know they will. God bless you and your beautiful family.

Asked on Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 02:25:44 PM
Reply: I'm delighted to know they're continuing to run that show, although it's a shock to see myself 20 years younger. How naive I was, thinking Kait's knowledge of the carwreck insurance fraud was the only possible motive for her murder! It wasn't until later that private investigation turned up all the rest of the information on this Web site -- information that was deliberately being withheld from us.

But I DID know -- even then -- that it was NOT a "random drive-by shooting" -- that Kait was assassinated.

I think somebody's posted that Unsolved Mysteries show on You-Tube.

Possible intimidated witnesses

Question: Do you think that all the witnesses that claimed suicide attemps were telling the truth?

Is it really possible to shoot yourselve in the lower abdomen and not hit any major or fvital organds?

Asked on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 06:57:08 PM
Reply: No, I don't think any of those alleged suicide attempts were really suicide attempts. I think they were attempts made by others to intimidate people with key information.

Miguel Garcia didn't die but was badly injured when he was shot in the stomach. I feel sure he didn't do that to himself. Who in the world would choose that form of suicide? Anyone who wants to kill himself with a gun shoots himself in the head and gets it over with fast.

As for Dung -- who commits suicide by stabbing himself in the stomach? If you're going to use a knife, you cut your wrists.

And what about Dung's Hispanic friend, Ray Padilla, (who stated that he and Dung were "as close as brothers.") As soon as he tells police that Dung's alibi witness, An Quoc Le, and his friends are major drug dealers, he "attempts suicide' by slashing his wrists? And the two female friends who were with him at the time "attempted suicide" by slashing their wrists and arms to keep Ray company? Does that make sense to you?

Kait

Question: Has anyone ever looked at this case since it has been so long?

Have anyone besides you and your husband showed interest in solving this case even though it's been all these years?

Did you ever get Kait's stuff back from the police or do they sitll have it?

If they do still have it would you happen to know why?

Asked on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 06:51:11 PM
Reply: Yes, people are still looking at this case, but not the Albuquerque Police Department.

In the wake of the APD EVidence Room Scandal, when APD announced their intention of selling some of their older evidence on E-Bay, we appealed to the new DA, Kari Brandenberg, to get Kait's possessions back before APD got rid of them. She did so, and we got back a bag containing some (not all) of the materials from Kait's desk, including family snapshots, her birth certificate, graduation cards, etc. Since we neglected to take an inventory when we allowed APD to examine those things, (at that time we simply trusted them), we have no idea what they might have removed from the sack.

The only reason we can imagine why they would not have wanted us to reclaim Kait's possessions is if there was something there that threw doubts on their "random shooting" scenario. But we don't know what that "something" was.

Your young, beautiful daughters death :'(

Question: In one of your replies I noticed you said Kaitlyn had been chased twice. Did you/family or the detectives think the murderers could have waited for Kaitlyn to come out of Sharon's house. Did the detectives ask Sharon's neighbors of any suspicious cars? I am 11 years old and I just began reading your book if you mentioned anything about this I'm sorry to repeat it I'm just really curious.

And...

Do you think your dreams of Kaitlyn have lessened because she has changed her thought about her murder and isn't very angry anymore?
Since, I haven't read the whole book yet.... did you and your husband get divorced? If so I am sooooo sorry!

Asked on Friday, April 08, 2011 at 10:16:43 PM
Reply: We don't know why she was chased twice.

No, the police did not interview the neighbors.

I don't know why Kait comes less often in dreams, but I'd like to believe it's because she knows we are on the right track and her input is no longer needed.

No, my husband and I did not divorce. We are still very much together, although we have left Albuquerque.

Kate Arquette

Question: I was wondering if the cops ever told you the size of the bullet that killed Kate? In one of the interviews in your book Who Killed My Daughter someone said that she saw Juve hand over a .22 gun. That story can be thrown out if she was shot by a different size gun.

Also, another question. Did you ever find out why the APD never showed interest in this case? It's just unbelievable. Here it is 22 years later and I want to solve this case and I'm only 16 years old. I think it's asinine.

Asked on Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 06:19:06 PM
Reply: Since no bullets or casings were found, the medical investigator could only speculate on the caliber weapon used. Her guess was that it was a small caliber weapon like a 22, otherwise the bullets would not have shattered in her head to such a degree that they were never found.\r\n\r\nScene investigators, observing the size of the bullet hole in the door frame of Kait\'s car (made by a third bullet, not one of the two that entered her head) speculated that it was too large to have been made by a 22. That would mean two guns were used.\r\n\r\nThe neighbor across the street from Migueo Garcia, who stated she saw Miguel hand a gun in to his mother through the window of his house and announce, (loudly enough for the neighbor across the street to hear him) \"Take this. I just killed somebody,\" (or words to that effect), turned out to have been a person with a long standing feud against Miguel\'s family. Her statements were discredited.\r\n\r\nThe only reason we can imagine that APD did not investigate this case properly is if a police officer or his relative or close friend was involved, either in the shooting itself or in the activities that Kait was killed to prevent her from exposing.

once piece of the puzzle

Question: I noticed in one of your answers that you only need one piece to the puzzle to find out who was responsible.... was that a figure of speech or literally there\'s only one piece of the puzzle left?

Asked on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 02:59:47 PM
Reply: That's a very good question.

How do we know that we are missing information unless someone contacts us and points it out to us?

Until now, we thought we had assembled so many pieces that meshed that it would take only one particular piece to form a complete picture.

Then, out of nowhere, somebody throws in a ball from outside -- like GO-VIDEO, Fermin Garcia, his APD sons -- who previously weren't part of that picture but are now becoming interesting possible additions. Do they fit into the picture? If so, the picture doesn't necessarily change, but it enlarges to possibly incorporate an additional activity that Dung and his group might have been involved in. And even more APD cops who might possibly have been part of a cover-up.

On and on it goes. People keep asking, "Why don't you publish THE TALLY KEEPER?" This is one reason. The sequel to Kait's story keeps growing.

trying to form links based on new info

Question: The poster who raised the subject of Go-Video said it was the cover for a drug den operation. You've verified heroin was imported thru Pier One Imports where Kait worked and Dung and his friends hung out. Is it possible that heroin was sold at Go-Video? Does anyone know if one of the drugs sold there was Asian heroin?

Another question. If Fermen Garcia's 3 sons were all cops, were any of them special friends with the cops at Kait's scene? Thinking especially of Officer Mary Ann Wallice who was known to have a busy social life with fellow officers.

She got to the scene pretty fast after she was dispatched. It took her only 40 seconds. sounds like she might already have been there.

Asked on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 03:56:15 PM
Reply: All good questions. If anyone has answers to any of them please either post them here or send them by private e-mail.

GO-VIDEO and Ferman Garcia

Question: In 1989 Fermin Garcia was the owner and Manager of GO VIDEO (aka GO TV & Video and GO TV Video Rental) at 670 B. Juan Tabo. His three sons, Eric, Allen and Danny were all APD cops.

Asked on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 02:21:34 PM
Reply: A public records search does verify that. But how does GO-VIDEO link to Kait? Or was the poster implying that the business linked to the Vietmanese in some way?

BCSO & drugs

Question: Go video, owned by fermin Garcia, was a drug den operated by fermin garcia who is a relitive of alvin canpbell (sherriff at the time) fermin & campbells mule was darryl burt'

Asked on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 04:34:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for this input. You seem very knowledgable. Specifically, what connection do you see between these activities and Kait's case?

If you want to contact us privately you can click on the link to "contact us." We guarantee your identity will be kept confidential.

At one time someone posted something on this board about Go Video. Fermin Garcia then, under his own name, posted a threat to have me killed if I didn't delete the reference to Go-Video. (His 3 sons are all cops with APD.)

The reference to Go-Video had been posted at least a year before. He must have found it through Google.

For those who don't recognize the name, BCSO Darryl Burt was a friend of Matt Griffin (the Ninja Bandit) and arrested for a variety of charges including drugs, weapons, sexual assault of young males he stopped in his role as deputy, forcing them to perform oral sex.

Missing Hours

Question: I kind of have a feeling that Kait and Sharon were together during those missing hours. Why would she go to Sharon's house at 9 o"clock when she was supposedly invited to dinner?

I find it kind of strange. If she was chased twice and was scared after the first chase, why didn't she just go back to your house? Would't that be the thing to do if she was scared?

Asked on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:38:46 PM
Reply: Excellent observations. Thank you.

The Missing Hours

Question: On the message board, you wrote: "It also means Kait was chased twice that night, once on her way to Sharon's and again when she left Sharon's at about 10:45, driving in the direction of our house.

The first time they tried to scare her. The second time they got her for real."

Here are some things I am absolutely sure of: If Kait had been chased earlier in the evening, she would have told Sharon.

There is not a teenage girl alive who could keep quiet about that when with a "friend." And I speak from over 30 years of experience as a teacher.

So Sharon would know that she had been chased, and almost certainly whether Kait had any idea WHY she was chased.

That would have been the first point of discussion, whether Kait saw her pursuers or whether she recognized them.

I am also not sure why you assume they just wanted to scare her the first time.

Perhaps there were too many people and cars in the area and they couldn't get the job done the first time. If not, and they did mean at first just to scare her, what changed?

Asked on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 12:10:34 PM
Reply: Excellent questions and comments. We have them ourselves.

Along with another. The truck driver told police (under hypnosis) that he witnessed the chase by the Camaro between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Why didn't the police go straight to Sharon and ask her if Kait mentioned this incident?

Possibilities? (I'll offer a few, but we're open to others):

Might Sharon have been WITH Kait at the time she was chased? The truck driver described seeing a female with long dark hair. Sharon had long dark hair. Kait had short blond hair. If there was someone in the passenger's seat, that's who the truck driver would have seen.

Might Kait and Sharon were out together during those three missing hours, (doing God knows what), which is why Sharon was so desperate to change her story to police to cover those hours?

Reason to believe Kait was first chased to scare her but not to kill her? It was too blatant. Men screaming at her out of the chase car, throwiing a bottle at her car, (why throw a bottle at a car in which you're going to kill somebody?)

Personal opinions of Don and me and several investigators: The Hispanic suspects were not totally innocent. They were hired to scare Kait to make her shut up about what she knew. But, instead of doing that, she left Sharon's and headed straight for OUR HOUSE, where she would have poured everything out to parents who were well respected in the community and would be taken seriously. THAT'S when she had to be stopped.

It doesn't even sound like the Camaro that chased her earlier was at the scene when she was shot. The car that fled the scene was a VW bug. And Kait's car was forced off the road by at heavy car, using the PITT technique. That was neither a VW nor a Camaro. We have three sets of people involved here in three different vehicles.

i hope

Question: where is dung now? did u try to figure out where he is? do you still keep in touch? did you ever talk to dung's friends after kait's death?

i really feel for you, i pray that Kaitlyn rests in peace......

ill always be here to support you

Asked on Friday, March 25, 2011 at 06:15:48 PM
Reply: The last time I saw or spoke with Dung was in the fall of 1989, when I called him over to our house to pick up some of his possessions which we had stored for him in our garage.

When my book came out he moved to the Pacific Northeast. After the dust settled, he returned with a new white girlfriend named Lisa Prulhiere. People who met her have told us she looked very much like Kait.

They had a home together in Albuquerque for a number of years. Lisa had at least one child, but I don't know if it was Dung's. I don't know where Dung is now or if they are still together.

Thank you for caring about us and about Kait.

Who Killed My Daughter book

Question: This is just a comment. I just finished reading this book and I feel for the family of Kaitlyn.

I too have had a near death experience and have precognitive dreams and experiences many times in my life.I also have read tarot cards for friends and family gratis for forty years.

I am very glad that Lois's' love for her daughter kept her searching for answers. She was wise to use people with special abilities to aid her in uncovering the tangled mess.

I see by the update that there was involvement from judges and police. No wonder there was never any headway made in trying to solve the case by working with the police..

What a shame, but why hasn't Dung ever cme forward to tell everything that he knew? He is the one that involved her in the first place.

That strong bond, even after death, was never broken between mother and daughter.It makes me angry that someone is walking around that has snuffed a lovely young girl's life out. elynncurry@yahoo.com

ps when it says please enter the code it should state where the code entry box is located because it is nearly invisible to detect below the code.

Asked on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 11:09:10 AM
Reply: I agree that the bond between mother and child is probably the strongest bond there is, as it starts 9 months before birth and is totally imprinted on both of them before that baby ever enters the world.

I have personally come to believe that the bond transcends the death of the physical body. But I know there are others who would disagree with that, and I won't try to argue the issue. (However, if you ever talk to the mother of a murdered child, I believe she will support my belief).

I'm sorry if the code thing isn't conveniently located. A friend constructed this page for us, and I'm technically challenged and not capable of reconstructing it. Many people do seem to be able to find their way to this message board and post on it, so at least it's working for some. The others can click on the "contact' link and send us a personal e-mail.

Believe it or not, this message board alone is averaging 22,449 hits per month! (Of course, most are readers, not posters.)

Are you sure

Question: about those 3 missing hours? Do you have any proof that Kait didn''t go to Sharon''s house until 9 o''clock other than Sharon''s word?

You know that Sharon lied before, she could be lying about that too.

Asked on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 06:28:07 PM
Reply: We do have reason to believe that Kait got to Sharon's house at about 9:30, as Sharon told Det. Gallegos when he interviewed her on the night of the shooting. A Creamland truck driver, on a timed route, reported to police that he saw a Ford Tempo with a female driver being chased by another car on Lomas in the area of the shooting at about 9:30. The girl was driviing west, in the direction of Sharon's house. That meshes with Sharon's first statement about Kait's arrival time. We know for a fact that Kait left our home at 6:15. So that gives us 3 missing hours. It also means Kait was chased twice that night -- once on her way to Sharon's and again when she left Sharon's at about 10:45, driving in the direction of our house. The first time they tried to scare her. The second time they got her for real.

But what is even more interesting is the fact that Sharon later went to extreme efforts to change her story and convince Kait's dad and me that Kait arrived at her home at 7 p.m., having come directly from a 5 p.m. movie. We know that isn't true, since Kait was at our house until 6:15. She COULDN'T have attended a 5 p.m. movie.

For some reason, Sharon belatedly decided it was important to conceal those three mysteriously missing hours. WHY?

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 next