Displaying 4061 - 4080 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 204 of 276)

APD - Albuquerque, NM

Question: http://kob.com /article /stories/S611703.shtml?cat=516

above site has article about a Watchdog group "Vecinos United" trying to get information from Chief Shultz in regards to police cover-ups involving murders in Albuquerque. The group suposedly has a list of cases that should be investigated.

Asked on Thursday, October 09, 2008 at 01:55:17 PM
Reply: Thank you. We will follow up on this.

i am doing a project on kaits death

Question: It is very confusing.

Asked on Thursday, October 09, 2008 at 10:07:36 AM
Reply: Yes, it is.

Questions. Brit

Question: I've commented you a while back. Left it alone for a little while, hoping that maybe in time you may have found the one who did kill your daughter. But still no answers. I'm starting college in December to be a Foresic Scientist. Reading your book in High School made me want to become one even more. There are so many loose ends to this story. I've been trying to put things together and find answers. Could you answer these questions for me possibly? To see if I could get anywhere with this case,

Where is Dung now?

When I looked at the pictures you have on your website. Of Kait's car on the sidewalk. It seems to look like a puddle of blood on the right side of her car? Is it? How did it get there?

Do you think that Sharon had something to do with her murder?
Possibly set her up?
Or who's idea was it for Kait to go to Sharon's?

What is this GO Video I keep reading about?
A website? Or a place?

What confuses me most is the fact that there is a 3 hour gap. Where was Kait in these 3 hours? What could she have possibly been doing? How long have she have known Sharon for her to need directions to her house? Was Kait on her way back to your house to tell you something? Why won't Sharon talk now? The police/law enforcement can't make her talk?

Where was Dung during this?
Did he have any clue they were going to break up?

I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions. I just feel like with these answers I may be able to help or come up with something.

I seen also you were planning on writing another book. They will possible come out and the end of this year. Once again without an ending?

Thanks.
Brit!

Asked on Monday, October 06, 2008 at 11:09:50 PM
Reply: We don't know where Dung is now. After my book came out he went to the Pacific Northwest. When the dust settled he returned, bringing with him a new Caucasian girlfriend who people have told us looked like Kait. They lived together in Albuquerque for many years, but I've been told they're no longer together.

I assume that puddle of body liquids on the passengers side of the car spilled out when the medics removed Kait from the car. They worked from that side of the car.

I assume it was Sharon's idea for Kait to go to her house, since Sharon invited her to dinner. I can't imagine Kait inviting herself.

GO-VIDEO was a video store owned by a man named Fermin Garcia who has three sons who are members of APD. For some reason, Fermin does not want his name linked to that business. When he discovered that somebody had posted the fact that he was the owner, he threatened to have me killed if I didn't remove that post. I have no idea how -- if at all -- he or his business is linked to Kait's case.

We, too, are bewildered by the three missing hours in Kait's final evening and by Sharon's attempts to convince us that they didn't exist.

Kait had known Sharon only a couple of months. Sharon ran a snow cone cart outside Pier One, where Kait worked, and they met during one of Kait's lunch breaks.

Kait was driving in the direction of our home when she was shot. We assume she was coming there.

Sharon HAS talked. APD interviewed her twice, (although they withheld the second interview from Kait's case file, so there's no way to know what she told them.) She has talked to me both in person and on the the phone. She was interviewed on tape for three hours by an attorney from California who specializes in representing insurance companies who are victims of fraud. The problem is that her statements conflict. She told everybody something different.

Dung's story is that he spent the evening with two of his Vietnamese friends at the Firehouse Restaurant and one friend dropped him back at his/Kait's apartment at 10 p.m. Sharon says Kait had her phoning the apartment all evening, right up until she left at 10:45, and nobody answered the phone. The people at the Firehouse Restaurant say there were no Vietnamese there that night. Our own belief is that Dung was at the scene of the shooting, since he was phoning people, telling them, "Kait's dead! They shot Kait!" three hours before police "woke him up" to inform him of the shooting.

Yes -- although he says otherwise -- Dung knew Kait was breaking up with him. When she came over to our house that evening, she told us she had given him until the end of the month to find another place to live. She also told that to the apartment manager.

Not too old but very sorry

Question: I have an assignment and im reading your book( Who killed My Daughter). Im very sorry, I just want to cry in every chapter. I fell like no one should have to go through that and I know I would never want that to happen to me. I maybe youth but it really reaches out to me and I know that your daughters killing opened my eyes to whats out there. It taught me to chose wisley and live life to the fullest because you never know whats around the next bend.

Asked on Monday, October 06, 2008 at 06:20:23 PM
Reply: If Kait's story has brought you to that realization, then her life served a purpose. Thank you for sharing that with me.

mY Idea (IV): (Saturday) October 4---2008,

Question:
Here in Calif., when you go into a
new car dealership, in one area or the other,
there is a color copy of every salesmen, saleswoman's
"license" (identical to a California driver's license) but
for car selling purposes. Just noticed this
fact after living here almost 25 years.

THIS posting of faces and transparency is
EXACTLY what we need with every police department !!!!

SECOND ITEM:
A tool to fight back with:
an article in Financial Times (October 3, 2008) Friday.
Headline: "NINTENDO takes on Sony with upgraded handheld game console"
by Robin Harding in Tokyo.
[ currently only avail. in Japan, coming soon to U.S. and Europe]

Here's the part that caught my eye:
Applications Nintendo showed included sticking a
moustache on your photo, distorting the pitch of music, and
software THAT tells you whether TWO people in a photo are related."

All tools to use to counteract police perfidy (don't exactly know this word, but. "sounds" right [it's my Ala. high school education]...) All tools to use to counteract police lying, falsifying, fabricating nonsense.

all the best
in memory of arquette, kait.
california santa clarita Oct. 4 2008 (Sat.)

Asked on Saturday, October 04, 2008 at 04:34:57 PM
Reply: Thank you for your thoughts.

[Kathy Long]

Question: Justice denied diminishes us all. This case needs to be reopened.

Asked on Friday, October 03, 2008 at 10:02:51 AM
Reply: And so do hundreds -- maybe even thousands -- of others, Kathy. We are far from the only family in this situation. (I hope everyone who reads this will visit our Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com).

There are many wonderful police officers, and we should be grateful for their courage and dedication. But even the good cops have to do what they're told to do, or there's strong retaliation.

Why would cops cover up a homicide?

Here are some of the situations our Real Crimes families are facing:

1. The main suspect is a cop. (The Blue Brotherhood takes care of its own.)

2. The main suspect is a relative or friend of a cop. Or is a snitch who is protected by the cop they work for. Snitches can do almost anything and never be arrested. That's part of the deal.

3. The main suspect is a relative or friend of a VIP.

4. Cops were involved in protecting illegal activities that the victim was going to expose. This applies particularly to drug situations and to snitches who decide to go straight.

5. The case would take a lot of time and man-power to investigate properly, and it's easier to close it as a suicide or accidental death. This applies particularly to cases where the victim is "lower class" -- a drug user, a prostitute, uneducated or from a poor background.

At the time of our own daughter's murder in 1989, our family had total faith in law enforcement. It wasn't until we finally saw a copy of Kait's case file that we realized that information in reports had been altered, recorded interviews had been retranscribed to change their meaning, and anything pointed to anything other than "random drive-by shooting" had been purged from the file. That's when we finally woke up.

?

Question: I was jsut wondering if APD ever looked at the family as suspect? Im not sayinh that u had anything to do with it at all but usually in investigations the look at the family and the ppl closest to the victim 1st and if the police didnt then they didnt do any sort of investigation at all.

Asked on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 06:48:03 PM
Reply: I doubt that they considered us suspects since they never interviewed us.

[From: Nicole]

Question: I wrote to you yesterday asking if anything had come of the information about luis savedra. Here is the original post from page 11 of the message board. I know that you probably won't want to reveal any information that you received from this tipster, however, I just found this to be a pretty detailed and interesting message. I was discussing the case with my boyfriend today and he posed an interesting theory. He said that if Kait was shot while driving and slumped over, her foot would have lifted off the gas pedal/clutch and that would have caused a loss of momentum. There is no way that a small car could have jumped the curb if it lost momentum. Just wanted to share that piece of wisdom with you. You are an amazing person, keep doing what you are doing!!
Nicole

\"infurmatshun
Question: my frund live in alb in 1989 he remembur the nite of the shoting he live bi NE ROMA 1 of his frunds bragd bout it his frund was a drug deler and he sad he get pad 2500 to shot the girl my frund and his frund taled her frum her apt he sad she live bi SE LUSIANNA and SE SAN MATEO his frund sad she was a snich 1 of his frunds oned a party hows in tearra monte my frund wen there and see the girl they folo her he thinks the numer was 42 or 39 it was a big hows wit a pol shape like been importent peeple party there luis savedra etc. and luts of polise men my frund want me to tull u he dusnt wan ppl to no he taked he stil live in alb and peeple wuld hur him"

Asked on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 05:29:45 PM
Reply: There's no way we can follow up on this unless the friend contacts us by private e-mail and supplies additional information.

jerry padilla sr.

Question: a while back you asked for info on jerry padilla sr. he is still in nm and working in construction

article about his connections w/manny aragon and the construction company they own toheter

artilce from the bernalillo county planning dept. he is mentioned under the heading south valley....number 13
the agenda is from 2004 but it does include his agents name so you could maybe contact him
hope this helps!

Asked on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 03:41:07 PM
Reply: Thank you for steering us to that interesting article, written last year by Mike Gallagher, investigative reporter for the Albq. Journal. It states that State Sen. Manny Aragon's business partner, Jerry Padilla Sr., told state regulators that he was a telephone consultant on construction projects at the same time he was serving a federal prison sentence on drug charges.

"Aragon and Padilla are partners in Manny & Jerry Construction Inc., which has specialized in underground utility installation. They have been in business since 1995, shortly after Padilla was released from a halfway house.
Padilla was in prison from 1989 to 1994."

However, the last thing in the world I'm tempted to do is contact the head of Los Padillas, the most dangerous street gang in the Southwest. I doubt that we'd have much in common.

i am so sorry

Question: i was so sad while reading your book. i allways read murder mystery books but actually knowing that this happened is just heart breaking. you are so strong and my heart goes out to you and your family. i am 14 years old and i was wondering in your mind who so you think is the person responsible?

Asked on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 09:50:35 AM
Reply: I don't know how to answer that question, since I consider the person who ordered the hit and the people who covered up afterward as responsible as the person(s) who fired the shots.

mY Idea (II) Sept. 22, 2008--- Mon.

Question: __________________
(VI) Observed: I walked by an open CHP police car with it's back trunk open, the Trunk was completely full with all manner of equipment, so I'm assuming most police cars(highway patrol cars) are back heavy in terms of weight, maybe they all drive patrol cars that are PITT-maneuver ready...
________________ (V) a demolition derby: To observe, check how
a car behaves on the road (albeit, a racetrack)______________________

Second item:
The following real-world newspaper article(Health section) is written in
a radio or movie dialogue-script format: IT is an eye-opening article (was to me) --- Monday (September 15, 2008) ---NOT JUST A DOCTOR, he's
a ringmaster too-- by Steve Dudley, special to the Times. (LOS ANGELES TIMES),

From the Los Angeles Times ---

all the best, Calif. santa clarita. 22-Sept. (2008),

Asked on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 08:54:45 AM
Reply: Thank you for your continued interest in helping us.

Kait

Question: I am 13 years old and read your \"Who Killed My Daughter\" book. I AM SO MAD AT THE APD!!!!! Even though it\'s been 19 years. ANYWAY. So did the police ever contact you again about this case or did they never bring it up again like you said in the book?

Asked on Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 01:48:30 PM
Reply: They never contacted us again.

Tamara

Question: I started reading your book a couple of days ago and i finished it yesterday. i just want to say it is a GREAT way to get people to come forward and to let the world know how hard it is to not know who killed Kait. I feel as though the cops did NOT do their job, wether or not they were afraid of what might happen to them, they withheld information that was highly important. When they kept saying they would give you the information and the files and they hadn't, I felt as though they had something to do with it. After reading your book, I feel empty because Kait's case is still not solved and no one really knows the EXACT reason why she was murdered. In my eyes, Dung murdered her over and over again by not taking a stand to tell what he knew. How can one say they love someone and go on as if nothing happened?
My prayers go out to you and your family.

R.I.P Kait

Asked on Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 07:51:41 AM
Reply: Dung is probably afraid for his own life. Remember, he got stabbed in the stomach following Kait's funeral. We have never believed that was a suicide attempt.

how terrible!!!!!!!!!

Question: Has anyone ever tried to hurt the FAMILY physicaly not just emotionaly?????????
P.S. I have read all of your books they are AMAZING!!!!
ALAZA JONES

Asked on Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 06:18:59 AM
Reply: No, so far no one has physically attacked a member of our family, although we've received threats.

mY idea: 2008 Sept. 20 Saturday,

Question: Here\'s my IDEA: (1) DO YOU have a large wall-size visual-- like a VISIO-like tree-branch chart -- represention of the police \\\"investigation\\\" ?
(2) Also A TIMELINE-- again VISUAL-- of the murder, before, and after (as best as can be reconstructed) [I believe there is a famous book by Mr. Tufte(used at colleges, Art and design field, Visual something or other] would help.
_____________________________________
IN THAT BOOk: is a long, long, long scroll visual record made by TWO early Russian cosmonauts. In that VISUAL SCROLL is the DATA of their space flight, orbit.
_____________________________________
WHEN you see this visual scroll Record Log, IT is eye-popping in terms of the human brain to visualize MASSIVE amount of information in ONE, TWO eyes. (3) The Russian are incredibly ingenious.
So using this method of visualization LOG of a crime event should be standard practice of ALL police investigations.
But, sadly most police are ill-educated, ill-trained, ill-led dunces, to put it mildly. POLICE: basically armed government agents enforcing who knows what.. In my view......... //// (4) Personally, I check the interior thermostat temp. EVERY morning. right now appx. 64, 63 degrees.
I also measure the MILEAGE from work to home distance driving, EVERY time.
September, 20 (2008) SATURDAY, ALL THE BEST, Calif. santa clarita ....

Asked on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 04:08:07 PM
Reply: We do, indeed, have a link chart. By now it's so huge that it covers a whole wall of the house.

Kait's birthday.

Question: I found your book, Who Killed My Daughter?, at my local library. It interested me because I am a college student, my major being Criminal Investigation. I started reading it yesterday, September 18th, Kait's 38th birthday. I didn't stop once I started, and three short hours later, I was finished. I have to admit, I was mortified at the way the APD treated you in your time of hardship and grief. I have a daughter, and although she is only three, if anything were to happen to her, I hope I can trust my police department to aid in justice. My thoughts are with your entire family, and I hope that you find the answers you deserve.

Thoughtfully,

Kimberly Denise Fisher

Asked on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 05:21:58 PM
Reply: It's exciting to know that somebody with your empathy and high idealism is going to enter the field of Criminal Investigation. Go for it, Kimberly! Make a difference in this world!

Kait's 38th Birthday

Question: Kait, your parents and sisters and brothers, who love you so much, reach out to each other and join hands tonight, on your 38th birthday. We live in different parts of the country, but each of us has lit a candle for you tonight and has sung "Happy Birthday." Because it WAS a happy birthday! Having you come into our lives on September 18, 1970, was one of the most incredible things that ever happened. We are so glad we had you, even for a short time.

Love,
Mother, Daddy, Robin, Kerry, Brett and Donnie

Asked on Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 04:42:58 PM

Happy Birthday

Question: Happy 38th kiddo ... hopefully this is the year the truth of your murder comes to light ... and to anyone with real information about Kait's murder PLEASE contact Lois, she will keep your identity hidden and you can finally put an end to this search for the truth.

~Rod

Asked on Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 03:18:53 AM
Reply: Thank you for remembering her birthday, Rod. It's hard to believe that we've now been without her for longer than we had her.

Desert Castle

Question: You never answered the question if you ever found the Desert Castle. If you know where it is, will you disclose it in the Talley Keeper or in the movie?
Do you know who the politician was who was at the Desert Castle?

Asked on Monday, September 15, 2008 at 04:39:50 PM
Reply: There appear to be such a glut of "Desert Castles" in the Albuquerque area that I doubt that we ever find out which one Kait visited. One tipster told us, “This is in response to the psychic’s description of the house in the mountains where Kait Arquette saw a VIP buy drugs. I know all about those homes and what they are used for. A man I used to do business with in New Mexico got involved with the Colombian cartel. He purchased a number of homes, some with airstrips. That’s how the cartel laundered money. Some of those homes were mansions worth millions of dollars. Rarely did anyone live in them. Occasionally they would be used for visitors of the cartel or other drug transactions.” Other tipsters have identified an assortment of different mansions in the foothills that were used by VIPs for orgies and drug parties.

As for the politician -- it's the same situation. Too many possibilities. In 2004, an investigative reporter got hold of a buried report that had been prepared by a DPS agent, who was assigned as the state's representative to an Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force, which included the DEA; FBI; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms; the U.S. Attorney's Office; the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department and the state Department of Public Safety. The document detailed drug smuggling and money laundering in New Mexico that spanned twenty years, along with a list of participants that – according to the privileged few who have seen the report – reads like a “Who's Who” of the New Mexico drug underworld, with judges, lawyers, politicians, and prominent businessmen listed right alongside the state's narcotics kingpins. No charges ever had been brought against any of those people, so their names have not been released. The VIP Kait saw could be any one of them, since their drug activities date back to before Kait’s murder.

movie

Question: I've read "Who killed my daughter" twice. After I read the book the second time I jumped on the internet, like a lot of other people, to discover the case hadn't been solved. Since then I've followed the case on this site just waiting for that ONE person to say "I have the answer your looking for".
I just read the post about someone wanting to make a movie about Kaits case. I for one hope to see that, it may bring even more light to what really is happening in our police departments, and help solve this case. But only if the TRUTH is seen.

Asked on Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 08:07:35 PM
Reply: When WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was first published, I was approached by several movie producers who wanted to option it. I turned them down because I was afraid they would distort the story to give it a "Holywood ending." Also, I had a feeling that there would be more to come, and if a movie was made, I wanted ALL the information in it.

I was right on both counts. (1) I've now had the experience of seeing my novel, I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, turned into a sensationalized slasher film that had almost nothing to do with the original story. So I know how little control the book author has over a movie based on her work. (2) And more information HAS come forth -- a tremendous amount more. Back when I wrote that book, I knew nothing about the coverup at the crime scene. I didn't even know Paul Apodaca existed. And I certainly didn't know about heroin being imported through Kait's work place.

At this point, I would be open to having a movie made, as long as there was a guarantee that the facts would be accurately presented.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next