Displaying 4041 - 4060 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 203 of 276)

Manny Aragon

Question: I'm 99% sure that it was him that the psychic envisioned. His counterpart in the House of Representatives at that time was Raymond Sanchez. They look similar in appearance, or at least they did then. But Ray Sanchez was more of a straight shooter.

Asked on Friday, October 17, 2008 at 02:41:32 PM
Reply: My publisher would not allow me to include in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? the drawing of the VIP done by a police artist as the psychic Noreen Renier described him. The publisher was afraid of a law suit if it did, indeed, resemble a political VIP. (However, in the paperback on pg. 291, there is a photo of me, sitting with Noreen, as she holds up that drawing.)

That sketch has much less detail than the other picture. I compared it to the pictures of all the members of the state legislature at that time. It could have been Manny Aragon. It could have been Ray Sanchez. It could have been two other people.

Back to Manny Aragon

Question: I read some new material on the web after I Googled Manny's name. Back when he was ousted as Senator Pro Tem by Richard Romero, they placed him back on the Senate floor as the majority leader. After several attempts by him to be appointed to the Senate Finance Committee, he stepped down from the legislature and moved over to Highlands University, which he caught fired from there for shady money dealings. I'm sure that when they would not let him serve on the Senate Finance Committee it was because they were already suspicious or aware, but could not prove, did not have concrete evidence that he was involved in many criminal activities throughout the state of NM. It's all falling down on him now though. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if his life would be in danger right now. As he has upset many equally as powerful people.

Asked on Friday, October 17, 2008 at 02:37:49 PM
Reply: I doubt that Manny's life is in danger. He lives in a fortress and is protected night and day by bodyguards.

Coincidentally, we've received information (unverified) that APD Lt. Patrick Dunworth, who directed the investigation of Kait's case, was moonlighting as one of Manny's bodyguards at the time Kait was killed.

Bingo!!!

Question: poster below hit the nail right on the head!!!!

Asked on Friday, October 17, 2008 at 08:11:45 AM
Reply: He very well may have.

Vietnamese & Los Padillas

Question: True, Los Padillas would not have had their own contact in Asia to import Asian heroin, but how can you be so certain that they didn't form an alliance with one of the Vietnamese gangs in order to distribute the stuff? Profit is a huge incentive to scratch each other's back.

Los Padillas was headed by Jerry Padilla, Manny Aragon's business partner. Manny Aragon was important, influential (and corrupt) in his position as head of the New Mexico State Senate. Because of Manny's and Jerry's friendship, Los Padillas had protection in their distribution of Mexican black tar heroin from whatever honest law enforcement New Mexico might've had. Manny's brother Chuck trafficked marijuana from Mexico. Between Los Padillas and Chuck, most drug action in the area would've been theirs, protected by Manny.

The Vietnamese gangs didn't have that protection, so they got a smaller slice of the illegal activity pie. But, the Vietnamese could offer the connection to import the pure white, more profitable Asian heroin. Los Padillas would distribute it and it would all be under Manny's protection.

Then again, what would such a connection would prove anyway? That the Vietnamese were connected to Los Padillas/Manny and so Dung and his friends were connected to Los Padillas/Manny and that's how Kait came to be involved and tie the circle closer around the VIP she saw (who I personally think was Manny), which triggered the hit?

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 10:44:54 PM
Reply: Thank you for this thoughtful and well written post. It's a very reasonable scenario.

Not sure this has been posted...

Question: ...but if you google Ray Padilla and drugs... he comes up on a Christian Rehabilitation site here in town. He gave his life up to Jesus in 1999.... since he is in a better frame of mind these days , might be beneficial to ask your pi to speak with him..??

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 08:43:10 PM
Reply: "Ray Padilla" is a common name in New Mexico. I don't think the rehabilitated Christian on that Web site is the same man as the Ray Padilla who was Dung's friend and drug supplier.

Paul Apodaca

Question: not sure if its the same guy, but there is a Paul Apodaca on the New Mexico Sex Offenders website with a current address and time line that might fit. It says he is out and has a current picture .....

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 07:14:33 PM
Reply: That's the one.

Emailed

Question: OK, that was a long one! whew! let me know if you get it.....

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 06:42:55 PM
Reply: Thank you for all that information. You've given us so much that it's going to take time to digest it. I responded to you by private e-mail, but I don't know if the address on the e-mail you sent me was a real one or set up for the specific purpose of sending that red hot material. If you received my e-mail response, please let me know. I'd like to continue conversing with you, but it can't be done on this board, and I don't want to be sending personal messages that don't reach you.

part of town poster from a while back..

Question: hello, its me again, i sent an email but it may not have gotten to you. I am going to email you now with what i think happened. I think we are all getting real close. the vip is someone completely different!! I'll explain why i think this. After you receive my email , feel free to post anything from it that you think may be ok for the forum.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 05:51:47 PM
Reply: I'll leave it to you what you think can be safely posted here. I don't want to take responsibility for putting you in danger.

Unsolved mysteries

Question: Hi I watched a NEW unsolved mysteries yesturday and was wondering if you ever thought about having kait's story on there.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 04:02:55 PM
Reply: They filmed Kait's case in 1992. It's now gone into syndication and turns up every once in a while on the Lifetime Channel. However, it contains only information we knew at that time. It centers on the car wreck insurance scam.

Manny Aragon

Question: He was 42 to be exact. And has always been heavy set. He could have appeared to be in his 50's. He's always had the jowls.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 03:03:19 PM
Reply: True.

Pier I

Question: Pier I has carried merchandise from Mexico.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 03:00:34 PM
Reply: Drugs from Mexico constantly come across the border into New Mexico. Manny Aragon's brother, Chuck, was chief financier of one of those import operations in 1989. And he's now been arrested for that again in 2008. He was bringing drugs across the border in trucks. Nobody in NM who wanted drugs from Mexico would need to import them through Pier One.

The VIP

Question: if it was Manny Aragon being described by the psychic he wouldn't have been in his 50's in 1989. Aragon was probably late 30's early 40's back then.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 02:58:51 PM
Reply: You're right. He was in his 40s. But psychics are seldom right on target. The best of them get impressions that are close to accurate. (The fakes, and there are many of those, just guess at everything.) What has impressed me, and the rest of our family who formerly were total non-believers in psychic stuff, is that these psychics from all over the country, who didn't know we were consulting anyone other than them, all came up with this similar description.

I'll also like to point out that the description of this politician could apply to several other political VIPs besides Manny Aragon.

The VIP?

Question: Did any of the psychics identify by name the VIP Kait saw involved in a drug deal?

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 02:21:53 PM
Reply: No. But they did describe him:

Betty Muench -- 1990: “The person Kait saw is a political figure who has the podium and is very coveting of his position. He is married. He has a fear of being exposed that borders on paranoia, and this will have been part of his fear upon the observation of him by Kait. He will not have had anything to do with the actions after that, but his followers will be involved.”

Nancy Czetli -- 1992: “He’s active in both local city politics and state level politics. I think he's been in the state legislature. He may be part of your court system. He has black hair, he's heavy set, and is getting a little jowly under his chin. I'd say he's in his fifties and has a very powerful voice. This man has been involved for quite some time in rather extensive import-export of drugs. He did not order Kait's killing, but his presence helped trigger it.”

Robert Petro (channeling Kait) -- 1992: "The VIP was in local government. I can't give you the exact position, but he was a married man, well-positioned in government. But he wasn't the only one in the place. It appeared that everybody around there was doing something with drugs. For some reason I recognized him."

Those psychic descriptions are of the VIP as he was in 1989. Add 20 years to envision him today.

Manny Aragon

Question: I have a real strong feeling that Manny Aragon was involved (maybe not directly) to Kait's murder among other crimes. This corruption case that he's going to prison for, which by the way I don't think will really happen, is just the one of many crime undertakings Manny was the head of. His brother Chuck is sitting in jail right now waiting to be tried for marijuana trafficking. He was caught and arrested a few months ago. Back in 1989 when Kait as killed, Manny Aragon was fairly new in the Senate but already building his connections. He was arrested in 1989 for driving while intoxicated and in possession of drugs. And this is while he was a sitting Senator in our legislature. Maybe this will be the undoing of all the corruption tied to him. But honestly, I think he's going to get away with doing any actual prison time. The reports yesterday said that the sentencing judge still had to determine if Aragon would do actual prison time or be ordered to work in some kind of prison program. He supposedly has to relinquish one of his bank accounts to start paying back the money he stole. The legislature is crawling in a hole right about now.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 01:57:33 PM
Reply: It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Manny Aragon

Question: To the person who posted the news about Manny pleading guilty but "doesn't know if this matters or helps," his current activities don't link to Kait's case but what it does do is show that the VIP with the most political influence in New Mexico -- head of the state senate at the time Kait was murdered -- is a crook. And most of his friends were crooks. His brother was the head of a drug ring. And his business partner, Jerry Padilla, was a three time convicted heroin dealer who headed Los Padillas, the most dangerous street gang in the Southwest, who were major distributors of heroin.

Where were they getting that heroin? Is there any connecting between them and the people who were intercepting the shipments at Pier One?

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 07:54:23 AM
Reply: The answer to that would lie in what type heroin Los Padillas was selling in 1989. Black tar heroin from Mexico? Or high purity white heroin from Asia, which is worth almost twice as much as black tar heroin from Mexico? Or both?

If they were dealing in the white heroin from Asia, there would have been very few ways they could have obtained it. Los Padillas would not have their own contacts in the Orient.

I'm sure this has been verified..

Question: But are you 200% sure that Matt Griffin was behind bars the night of the murder? I just keep getting the "feeling" that he was there that night. It just seems way to coincidental that " Oh yeah, by the way, this guy we caught has been robbing and terrorizing the city for banks years!" ... 6 days before???

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 04:58:29 AM
Reply: Yes, I'm totally sure Matt Griffin was behind bars on the night Kait was shot. He was arrested exactly one week before the shooting, and TV news footage about Kait's murder bleeds directly into news footage showing Griffin in the court room.

However, the person who drove the get-away car was never identified. And Griffin's buddies -- the other cops who also hung out at that auto body shop on Arno, where the VW bug fled after leaving Kait's scene -- were not incarcerated on the night of the shooting. It's not impossible that one of them might have been involved.

Don't think this matters or helps any.....

Question: but, Manny Aragon just pleaded guilty today on the downtown building scam.5 1/2 years behind bars.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 04:30:09 AM
Reply: I'm surprised he caved. I thought he would fight it out in court.

New Pier 1 Manager

Question: Did you or your PI(s) ever talk to Doyle Cawthon, Renae Bunn's replacement at Pier 1? He may be able to shed light on circumstances at the store, (the old manager's firing, the smuggling, etc.) Especially now, almost 2 decades later, when he's likely no longer with Pier 1.

Asked on Monday, October 13, 2008 at 06:08:05 PM
Reply: Yes, our PI did talk with him. He had no information to offer.

Someone's Impersonating You & Kait

Question: Hi, Lois... it's been awhile since I've written you, but I never stop thinking about you guys. I had told you there is a private profile for Kait on MySpace. They never accepted my add request, so I don't know anything there. However, someone else has since created a public profile for her, & the person seems to alternate between impersonating Kait & impersonating you. It's kind of creepy. I don't think it's a lead or anything, but they're posting strange- or false- information, such as how "she" is madly in love with Dung, yet the blog entries are allegedly by YOU...but unless you have REALLY lost your writing skills go, they are not. You might want to see about getting the page removed.

Take care,
AnnaMarie

Asked on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 08:59:48 AM
Reply: Thanks for letting us know. I deleted the address from your post because I don't want to publicize that site. But, before I deleted it, I visited it. It's obviously just some insensitive kid taking advantage of the Internet. Kids who do school projects, ("Write a blog as if you were a character in a book") sometimes like to show off that way. It's not worth it to get the page removed, because another will spring up in its place. Best just to ignore it.

Kait

Question: Hello,
I first read your book "Who killed My Daughter?" almost three years ago. Kait's story has stuck with me ever since and there is not a week that goes by that I don't think about her. I wrote you back in High School when I finished reading the book and was touched when you took the time to respond. Your perserveriance and determination is rare and is the perfect example of the qualities I believe every person should carry.
Coruption is a even more common issue in our justice system all across the nation and it is up to us, the people to fight back and not tolerate such cowardess acts. In no shape or form should any parent or family member have to accept that their local police department in 'unable', 'uncapable' or down right neglecting their family members case. It is one thing to not be able to solve a case, (but only after all of the leads have been exhaused) but is another to cover up a case.
I wish you and your family the best of luck in your ongoing investigation and I hope to god you find the people who did this and they pay for their crimes. Whether it be through the justice system (although unlikely), they will surely pay when their time comes. They are by far the lowest form of life and Kait did not deserve to have her bubbly personality or bright furture snatched away from her on that cold night.

Sincerley,

Chelsi N.

P.S.- When will you be releasing your sequel "The Tallykeeper" or where can I get it?

Asked on Friday, October 10, 2008 at 01:02:10 PM
Reply: Thank you for following this case over three years, Chelsi. THE TALLYKEEPER hasn't yet been published. I've held back on that for several reasons. The main one is that we continue to receive new information from people with knowledge about the case and to have new people step in to help us follow up on that information. I don't want to publish the sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? before the time is right.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next