Displaying 4021 - 4040 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 202 of 276)

question about sharon

Question: When I first read Who killed my daughter? I was in 8th grade but now as a Senior in high school I have gone back and reread it to find that it still moves me. When I read the book Susan Smith was said to be a friend of Kait but when I was looking at the site in "Motives-Kait's knowledge of drug smuggling" it states that she could have had something to do with the smuggling because she began working at Pier One. Do you think that she had something to do in Kait's death? and that perhaps she befriended her having that one reason in mind or are Sharon Smith(on the site) and Susan Smith(from the book) different people?

Asked on Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 01:15:03 PM
Reply: Sharon Smith (on this Web site) and "Susan Smith," (in my book) are the same person. In the front of my book I say, "Several names have been changed to protect sources of information whose identities are not part of the public record." At that point I believed that Sharon's only role was as an innocent bystander, and I saw no reason to complicate her life by identifying her.

However, since then, Sharon has told a number of lies to a number of people, which has caused me to wonder what she's covering up. So, on this Web site, I decided to use her real name in case there is somebody out there with information about her true role in this mystery.

I have no reason to believe she was involved in the murder. But I DO have reason to believe that she knows a lot more than she has admitted to and has the ability to help us solve this case if she can find the courage to do so.

Just another crazy kid

Question:
"What DVD are you talking about?
Question: From everything APD cops rell me Kait's mother is a nutcase. I'd sure be interested in seeing her up close and personal. By now she's probably a million years old. Does she appear on this DVD or do people just talk about the books she's wrote?"
Ok, idiot, there is no room for your negativity here. This board has been up for at least 10 years and very rarely do dummies post here. Take your pranks elsewhere.. BTW, if you are tight with APD, dont count on them to really have your back.....

Asked on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 06:51:26 PM
Reply: Don't worry about it. He'll probably order the DVD just out of curiosity. Then he can decide for himself if I'm a "nutcase."

What DVD are you talking about?

Asked on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 03:19:28 PM
Reply: I'm not quite a million years old, but there are days when I feel like it.

The DVD is called "A Visit with Lois Duncan," so of course I'm in it "up close and personal," as it's filmed in my home. My daughter, Kerry, who used to be cohost for the TV show, "PM Magazine New Mexico," conducts the interview, and my other daughter, Robin, did the camera work. On it I discuss the ups and downs of my career, take viewers step by step through my writing process, and describe what happens behind the scenes when a writer's novels go to Hollywood. It even includes home movies of me at age six, cavorting in the living room, and excerpts from some of the movies based on my books.

And, of course, I also discuss Kait's case. Why don't you order it and give it to your English teacher for Christmas?

how do I get your DVD?

Question: I'm a middle school English teacher and would like to order your DVD, "A Visit with Lois Duncan," to use in my class. My students love your books and I know they would enjoy a virtual visit with their favorite author. A librarian friend bought the DVD last week at a convention in Chicago, but it isn't on Amazon and I don't know how to get a copy.

I am terribly sorry about your daughter.

Asked on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 11:28:32 AM
Reply: The DVD can be ordered on line at www.loisduncan.arquettes.com/
DuncanDVD.htm. Thank you for wanting it. And thank you for your condolences.

I finished your book

Question: I was very disapointed to hear how the police tried to close the case as a RANDOM shooting. To me they sound like a bunch of COWARDS. I was however pleased to hear the truth of what might have happened from the physics. I believe she did know to much, and was ready to come foward. After u left a note on her grave, did her old boyfriend come foward? Have the police found out the truth yet? Have they caught the right person?

Ps. I was looking online and seen something about a second book is this true?

Asked on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 at 08:26:56 AM
Reply: Yes, Rod did contact us and he really was Kait's secret boyfriend. They went to a movie together two nights before the murder.

No, the police have not "caught the right person." They've dropped off the case.

I am writing a second book, but it isn't yet published because new things keep happening and I keep adding new chapters.

just your thoughts

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I know this is a little off of the subject, but then again, not really. I was wondering what your thoughts on the death penalty are? If you dont feel comfortable disscussing this issue on here, I totally understand. I tried to find a private email address for you, but I could not. I probably missed it somewhere. I know that here in NM we do have the death penalty, and I think that in your daughter's case, that would be suitable punishment. My prayers are with you and your family!!

Asked on Sunday, November 02, 2008 at 09:07:08 PM
Reply: I am not in favor of the death penalty because it's irreversible. There are too many instances in which people are convicted of murder and evidence surfaces later that proves their innocence.

Just read your book

Question: I just read your book about the death of your daughter-- yes, I'm a little behind here, but I felt compelled to search the Internet and HOPED to find an article reporting the capture of her killers. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child regardless of the circumstances; but I would think that for you to know that Kait's killers were brought to justice would ease your mind somewhat. Though I feel from your writing that you are happy knowing that she is at rest; and I couldn't agree more with her message that the people who took her life will one day face the ultimate Judge.

It is such a shame that the APD would not accept any suggestions from the psychic readings you had done; however, I don't think the APD administration in place at the time of your book would have accepted any HARD EVIDENCE other than what they WANTED to see. Has there been any recent findings?

Have you had any other visits from Kait?

Praying for you and keeping you and your family in my thoughts....

Carol Gorman

Asked on Sunday, November 02, 2008 at 06:47:28 AM
Reply: We never offered APD any information from psychics. We knew they'd use that to discredit any hard evidence we or our investigators presented.

No, I have not had any recent "visits" from Kait. I have a feeling she's moved on now. However, we have not.

response to the rude poster

Question: Do you know what really sucks? That is a person who doesn't know how to spell, use proper punctuation, or proper grammar. You wasted valuable space on this message board with your idiotic post.

Do you know what is really sad? That is an innocent person being murdered, the police covering it up, and an imbecile like you having no compassion about it.

Lois was in a position to use her god given talent to educate others about Kait's tragedy and to hopefully get help in solving her murder. I am sure that if Lois had a choice to write a book or have her daughter alive and well, she would choose her daughter.

Asked on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 08:13:30 PM
Reply: As I said below, this was just some kid who wants attention, trying to get a reaction. It's not worth worrying over. But, thank you anyway.

To the rude poster:

Question: Do not get on this message board if you're going to be disrespectful to the Arquette family (Lois Duncan). How dare you to presume that you have the moral right to call her names. Shame on you!

FYI, this board has helped Ms. Duncan gather much information that has led her closer to finding out who killed her daughter.

Don't ever get on here again.

Asked on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 01:30:55 PM
Reply: Thanks for the defense, but it's probably just some kid showing off.

u are a horible person

Question: you suck lois duncan i want you to know that. why would you write a book about the death about your daughter and be proud of it. i think that it is sad.

Asked on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 06:12:58 PM
Reply: I wrote the book after the police dropped off the case to motivate informants and prevent the facts of the case from becoming buried and forgotten. If the case had been solved I would not have had to do that.

You're right -- it is sad. No parent should be placed in the position of having to write such a book.

wow

Question: to be very honest with you i think that you are a very smart and intelligent woman. after all of these years you are still trying to figure out who had murdered your daughter. i have one question, how did you remember all of the things the people said in the book. did you record it? i also want to know if you are still married to don? well i wish you and your beautiful family good luck in this mystery.
from
Melanie

Asked on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 07:40:23 PM
Reply: I recorded the phone conversations. (That happens to be legal in New Mexico, although in some states it isn't.) For other conversations I made notes, and every night I would sit down at the computer and type them up, reconstructing the conversations as carefully as possible.

Yes, Don and I are still married and intend to stay that way.

Your Daughter Kaitlyn

Question: Wow im am just finishing up your book and it is amazing.
Im 16 and i love your books. Who killed my daughter is by far the best. I asked my boyfriend one day to pause the movie and hes like what movie because i thought that i was watching what i was reading when i was reading your book. i wish that there was something that i could do for you.

Asked on Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 01:04:00 PM
Reply: You've given me my smile for the day! Thank you!

hello

Question: Hello, its been awhile since i've checked your site, and I am saddend to see that your daughter's case is still unsolved. However, from reading some of the more recent posts, it sounds like someone has contacted you that may have useful information. I was wondering if you are able to elaborate on this info yet or not. I hope that this is what your family has been waiting for. God Bless you and yours. Have a good one!!

Asked on Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 12:14:28 PM
Reply: That person did contact us by private e-mail with very interesting information that provides an important link to someone we never realized was part of this case. But it's possible that posting that information might endanger the informant. I'm leaving it up to him/her whether he/she wants to post a name on this message board that has not been mentioned here before, in the hope that someone else might have information that links that name to Kait's case.

I am captured by your book...

Question: I googled your daughter's name I found this site. I'm not quite done with the book yet (I'm a little past half-way), but I can't put it down. Reading about the blantant disregard for you, your family, and the crime that was committed made me feel sick. Later, I read part of your website where the chief said, in response to whether or not he'd read your book, "I don't read fiction." and nearly choked on my drink. How has he not gotten slapped yet? Maybe I just have a bad temper, but honestly...
I pray that one day justice is served, and that you, your family, and your daughter will find the kind of closure you deserve under the circumstances. I feel a bit helpless in this case, since I'm barely a high schooler and can't really help in any way. I hope that, one day, I'll be old enough, smart enough, or strong enough to be able to find some piece of the puzzle, should the case not be solved. Hopefully, it will be.
[From: Alice]

Asked on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 06:12:10 PM
Reply: I had the same reaction you did to that snide statement, "I don't read fiction." But, do you know what happens to people who slap police officers? They either get shot "in self-defense" or get charged with assaulting an officer of the law.

This also applies to the wives of cops who physically abuse them.

curious

Question: I read your book, who killed my daughter. i found it extremely mind grabbing. its like i could almost feel your pain. even at certain points in the book, i got goose bumps. you are very inspiring. after reading, who killed my daughter, i feel like i know who the killer is. i read that book three times to make sure i didn't miss anything. i took notes and everything. i feel like if i didn't help you, it would be on my conscience for ever. i am up for anything. i just want to help. i dont think its right for you to go day after day knowing your daughters killer is still out there. just like you, i want him or them put away. if him or they are not, your daughter won't be the only one killed by them. i know its been awhile , but we still have a chance. after reading this book, i can almost say i knew kait. its weird. i think about this all the time. sometimes i get these "signs" telling me i'm missing something. almost like she's talking to me telling me there's a huge part that hasn't been found or discovered yet. i hope i'm making sense, i'm just rambling on. i don't know why your story grabbed my attention so much, it was even kind of an accident how i found it. i was looking for, message in a bottle, by Nicholas Sparks at the library, and your book was completely in the wrong place, right next to message in a bottle, and i picked it up and started reading a little bit and for some reason was drawn to it. so i checked it out and read it.
i'm sorry for taking up so much of your time, i wish we could contact somehow. i'll be looking for your reply every day untill i see it, and i'll take it from there.
Courtney
p.s. you're not insane.

Asked on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 02:57:11 PM
Reply: What a lovely post, Courtney! I agree with you -- I'm not insane.

But in the years since Kait's murder, I've come to believe in a lot of things that I didn't believe in (or never thought about) before. One of those is that there's no such thing as "coincidence." I think you stumbled onto Kait's story because you were MEANT to read it. There may come a time in your own life when you will face a dangerous situation, and you will remember Kait's story and pull back before it's too late.

Your Dughter Kait

Question: I'm very sorry for all the pain and fear that you have lived through--and I just want to say that you should have a fundraiser, or put your story on CNN or something to get other people's attention. I would like to help, but I'm only 13, and living at home. Listen, though--bring the case out to the open, so that EVERYONE knows who Kait was, and people will help you either rainsing money or by trying to get information, or by having a tip.

Have faith. May I recommend a book? "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Please give it a try.

Have a peaceful day.

Asked on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 09:47:46 AM
Reply: We appreciate your concern. We haven't held a fund raiser, because we don't want money. And people can't just "put a story" on CNN -- the producer of a particular program has to want it there. Kait's case received national publicity when WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was first published. Now that it's a cold case, producers have lost interest. Besides, none of the true crime shows are willing to present law enforcement in a negative way, because they depend upon police departments to furnish them with stories and allow them access to case materials. They can't afford to offend them.

Thanks for suggesting a book for me to read. I've heard about THE SECRET, but haven't yet read it.

Kait

Question: http://www.unsolved.com/ ajaxfiles/mur_kaitlyn_arquette.htm
There is a new version of Unsolved Mysteries on TV. There is a section on their website about Kait's murder.

Asked on Monday, October 20, 2008 at 12:54:03 PM
Reply: Thank you for making us aware of this. I went to that Web site, hoping they might have posted the video. It's only a summary. Still, that's better than nothing.

We want to keep this "cold case" alive. So any info about it that's posted anywhere will help us.

Fermin Garcia

Question: Garcia's influence within the APD has gained amnesty through coruption. His arrest and conviction for drunk driving has disappeared fror APD arrest files, the Metro Court files. Also his arrest for Felony assault with a deadly weapon has disappeared from police and District Court files. Tampering with these files is a felony in itself. Only Police and Court personell have access to these files.

Asked on Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 07:21:56 AM
Reply: This is a very interesting post. Thank you for this information. Now I have a little background on the man who threatened to have me killed if I didn't remove a post that revealed he was the owner of GO-VIDEO.

So sorry...

Question: Hi there! I grew up reading your books and they influenced me tremendously as a pre-teen to become the person of independence and initiative that I am today.

You have tremendous talent as a YA author. I hope you know how much your books have meant to lonely girls like me....

Nowadays I am a practicing attorney and have lost most of my faith in the judicial system. But at least I haven\\\'t had to lose a loved one to see how the system really works.

Not a day goes by that I don\\\'t think of how Kait lost her life and how your family has suffered at the hands of those in power. I hope that Kait\\\'s killers will eventually be brough to justice.

Love,

Jen

Asked on Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 08:59:58 PM
Reply: It's sad that a good attorney has lost faith in the judicial system. And there seems to be no way to fix it.

Manny Aragon

Question: I'm 99% sure that it was him that the psychic envisioned. His counterpart in the House of Representatives at that time was Raymond Sanchez. They look similar in appearance, or at least they did then. But Ray Sanchez was more of a straight shooter.

Asked on Friday, October 17, 2008 at 02:41:32 PM
Reply: My publisher would not allow me to include in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? the drawing of the VIP done by a police artist as the psychic Noreen Renier described him. The publisher was afraid of a law suit if it did, indeed, resemble a political VIP. (However, in the paperback on pg. 291, there is a photo of me, sitting with Noreen, as she holds up that drawing.)

That sketch has much less detail than the other picture. I compared it to the pictures of all the members of the state legislature at that time. It could have been Manny Aragon. It could have been Ray Sanchez. It could have been two other people.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next